Quantcast

37 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Do not worry. It was less about you than members not understanding that pictures need credit/sources as well.

Thanks for adding the link. :)

But then I didn't really understand why instagram pictures (without source) are allowed here, yes they are from a third party and whatever but the third party is not really a reliable source either, right? then we should not share them here, right???? :unsure:  or only applies for some? Thanks. (I guess I'm breaking  a rule asking an off topic question too lol)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rachelyun said:

But then I didn't really understand why instagram pictures (without source) are allowed here, yes they are from a third party and whatever but the third party is not really a reliable source either, right? then we should not share them here, right???? :unsure:  or only applies for some? Thanks. (I guess I'm breaking  a rule asking an off topic question too lol)

But you're not responsible for the owner of an IG account you share whether the owner links the source or not. That's why I said it's complicated.

I don't want this thread to turn into a debate on principles. :)

Keep sharing pictures - it's what makes the pre-drama phase so much fun - but link the source and keep sharing IGs as well. That goes for everyone. And follow what @Berou said in her post. :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Berou said:

A reminder to clarify some misunderstandings: 

Giving credits to where it is due has become a common practice within the soompi forums. It exists for years, it has been implemented even before I became a moderator. Until now, the legitimacy of this practice hasn't been put into doubt. Users abide by it without complaining. 

Although the rules don't expressly state  soompiers must source their pictures,  the rule is extensive to pictures, gifs and anything else that is brought in the forums from external plaforms. When we ask users to source the external information, we do not intent to impose our authority. It is a mere gesture of courtesy to give credits , it is an act of acknowledgement directed at the author.  It lies more within copyrights issues than the questionable reliability. Please, ask yourself if  you'd like your work to be copied  without being credited. Even  in university or in in college, professors require from students to cite their sources when they need to submit some papers.  Thus, we consider this rule to not be unreasonable considering it is widespread in real life. 

Hereby, I hope the misunderstandings have been clarified and any other questions about sources will not be raised.

Thank you for your understanding. 

I think it would be good if the rules were amended to include ‘pictures’ if you want to be clear moving forward. It may be ‘clear’ to ppl in this thread now, but new users may join soompi everyday. If rules are not added to include ‘common understanding’ how would people know? We are not writing a university thesis here where citing sources is important to give credit. A forum is a place for ppl to come tgt to share info and discuss topics of interest, not submitting a thesis. Given the ‘informal’ nature, it is easy for ppl to forget that sources are important rules in this forum as well, in particular sources for Pictures and any other media you have in your ‘common understanding’ that is not stated in the rules, .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@blackberrypie You have a good point, nevertheless  I believe this is not neither  the right thread or the right section/subforum to discuss and debate about soompi rules.  The discussion has been going on for 2 pages already. If you have any concerns please adress them to the soompi info subforum. The moderators assigned to that subforum will be willing to hear you extensively. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ok, ok..... Seriously, let us stop goin' back and forth over all the "credit or no credit" stuff. To make it safe for everyone, it's better to just give credit. If we didn't know the original source, then just write :GIFs/photos/article/etc. not mine."

For the moderators, though, I think it's high time you amend your rules about this issue. That is all.

Now back to the main topic, I wonder when we'll have the press conference? I hope Jin Se Yeon will not become the stereotypical female lead in a triangle that gets easily manhandled by the male leads. I hope she'd have a backbone and will be sassy. Both the male leads aren't my fave but they're great actors. I specially like Yoon Shi Yoon for Jin Se Yeon because he's younger and closer to Se Yeon in age, and also because his character seem nice. Well, of course, we can never tell. I am hoping Yoon Shin Yoon's character will have another side to him, LOL. To make things not boring and stuff.

So, how 'bout you, guys, what are your expectations? :wink: 

• Like 5

@djappleblush If Grand Prince airs in March the whole promotion will start early or mid-February. Depending on how TV Choson handles it. Press conference is held one week prior to the airing date. :) I think next up are official stills being released including posters and character stills. Then teasers.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Jillia said:

@djappleblush If Grand Prince airs in March the whole promotion will start early or mid-February. Depending on how TV Choson handles it. Press conference is held one week prior to the airing date. :) I think next up are official stills being released including posters and character stills. Then teasers.

OMGosh, that sounds so exciting!!!!! I literally cannot wait!!!!

• Like 2

#배우 주상욱, 진세연, 윤시윤이 출연하는 TV조선 새 드라마 ‘대군’ 첫방송 날짜가 정해졌다.

22일 OSEN 취재결과 TV조선 새 드라마 ‘대군-사랑을 그리다’(극본 조현경, 연출 김정민, 이하 대군)이 오는 3월 4일 첫 방송된다. 매주 일요일 오후 10시대 2회 연속 방송될 예정이다.

최근 주말드라마들이 2회 연속 편성을 하고 있는 가운데 TV조선도 2회 연속 방송을 결정했다. ‘대군’은 두 왕자와 한 여자를 둘러싼 뜨거운 욕망과 순정을 담은 핏빛로맨스로 드라마 ‘공주의 남자’, ‘조선 총잡이’의 김정민 감독이 연출을 맡고, 드라마 ‘하녀들’의 조현경 작가가 집필한다.

이 드라마는 TV조선이 3년여 만에 선보이는 드라마로, 주상욱, 진세연, 윤시윤을 비롯해 류효영, 윤서, 신이, 손지현 등이 출연을 결정해 기대를 모으고 있다. ‘대군’은 주상욱, 진세연, 윤시윤의 삼각로맨스를 주축으로 스토리가 펼쳐진다. 주상욱은 극 중 왕의 차남이자 제 2의 이방원을 꿈꾸는 도전자인 진양대군 이강 역을, 윤시윤은 은성대군 이휘 역을, 진세연은 이강과 이휘의 사랑을 받는 자현 역을 맡았다

I've found this in the instagram... I can't read Korean so I google translate... Can anyone tell me which part is translated wrong. Please!!:wub:

This is the translated part...

# Actress Ju Suk Wook, Jean Seon Yeon, and Yoon Sik Yoon appeared on the TV drama 'Dae Gun', the first broadcast date.

On 22nd, OSEN coverage result TV drama 'Daejun - Draw love' (drama Cho Hyun Kyung, directing Kim Jung Min, Dae Gun) will be broadcast on March 4th. It is scheduled to be broadcast twice a year for 10 times every Sunday afternoon.

Recently, while the weekend drama was being organized for two consecutive times, TV Chosun also decided to broadcast twice. 'Dae-gun' is directed by Kim Jung-min, director of the drama 'Princess Man' and 'Chosun Gunner', with a bloody romance of hot desires and genuineness surrounding two princes and a woman, and Cho Hyun-kyeong of drama 'Maids' writes .

This drama is a drama that TV Chosun has released in three years, and it is expected to appear by Ju, Sang Wook, Jin Seonyun, Yoon Sik Yoon, Ryu Hyo Young, Yoon Seo, Shin Yi and Son Ji Hyun. 'Dae-gun' is a story based on triangle Romance of Ju-Suk Wook, Jin Se-Yeon and Yoon Sik Yoon. Joo Sang-wook is the younger brother of the king and the second challenger of the dream, Yi Shiyun, Yi Sung Yoon, Yi Hui, and Ji Seonyun, who are loved by Yi River and Yi Hui.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nemokama said:

#배우 주상욱, 진세연, 윤시윤이 출연하는 TV조선 새 드라마 ‘대군’ 첫방송 날짜가 정해졌다.

22일 OSEN 취재결과 TV조선 새 드라마 ‘대군-사랑을 그리다’(극본 조현경, 연출 김정민, 이하 대군)이 오는 3월 4일 첫 방송된다. 매주 일요일 오후 10시대 2회 연속 방송될 예정이다.

최근 주말드라마들이 2회 연속 편성을 하고 있는 가운데 TV조선도 2회 연속 방송을 결정했다. ‘대군’은 두 왕자와 한 여자를 둘러싼 뜨거운 욕망과 순정을 담은 핏빛로맨스로 드라마 ‘공주의 남자’, ‘조선 총잡이’의 김정민 감독이 연출을 맡고, 드라마 ‘하녀들’의 조현경 작가가 집필한다.

이 드라마는 TV조선이 3년여 만에 선보이는 드라마로, 주상욱, 진세연, 윤시윤을 비롯해 류효영, 윤서, 신이, 손지현 등이 출연을 결정해 기대를 모으고 있다. ‘대군’은 주상욱, 진세연, 윤시윤의 삼각로맨스를 주축으로 스토리가 펼쳐진다. 주상욱은 극 중 왕의 차남이자 제 2의 이방원을 꿈꾸는 도전자인 진양대군 이강 역을, 윤시윤은 은성대군 이휘 역을, 진세연은 이강과 이휘의 사랑을 받는 자현 역을 맡았다

I've found this in the instagram... I can't read Korean so I google translate... Can anyone tell me which part is translated wrong. Please!!:wub:

Most of what is mentioned have already been shared in earlier posts.. nothing new..

Translation:

# Actors Joo Sang Wook, Jin Se Yeon, Yoon Si Yoon starring in TV Chosun new drama ‘Daegun’, the date of the first broadcast have been decided. According to OSEN report on 22nd (Jan) TV Chosun new drama ‘Daegun - drawing love’ (screenwriter Jo Hyun Kyung, director Kim Jung Min, below mention as ‘Daegun’) first broadcast on 4th March. Every Sunday, 10pm, 2 episodes consecutively. Recent weekend drama upcoming trend is to broadcast 2 eps consecutively, and TV Chosun have decided to do so as well. ‘Daegun’ is a story about 2 prince and a lady, their passionate desire and genuine bloody romance, directed by the director of ‘The Princess’ Man’ and ‘Joseon Gunman’ director Kim Jung Min, and written by Jo Hyun Kyung of drama ‘Maids’. 

This drama is TV Chosun first drama show in 3 years, Joo Sang Wook, Jin Se Yeon, Yoon Si Yoon, including Ryu Hyo Young, Yoon Seo, Shin Yi, Son Ji Hyun have decided to star in the drama, and is much anticipated. ‘Daegun’ features a triangle romance between Joo Sang Wook, Jin Se Yeon and Yoon Si Yoon. In the script, Joo Sang Wook as son of the King, who dreams of being the second Lee Bang Won, a challenger, Jin Yang Daegun Lee Kang, Yoon Si Yoon as Eun Seong Daegun Lee Hwi, and Jin Se Yeon as Ja Hyun who is loved by both Lee Kang and Lee Hwi.

#p.s. : the instg shared by @1451 post comment mention they are shooting the drama poster. Hopefully we will get to see the poster released soon.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

new drama of Joo Sang Wook? hopefully I can stay tune to watch this... did not finish watching fantastic because the topic is too heavy (health issue).. but I like JSW in Cunning single lady.. so.. wondering how he will be in a saeguk.. :) so far I only see him in romcom genre basically... which really fits him.. 

• Like 7