Quantcast

Oh. Everything was removed. Thanks, guys. You're the best!

To all: guys, no more wars, please. Spread love and forgiveness not war and hate. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thank you mods for taking action and taking down those nasty inflammatory posts! I did report the first inflammatory post hours ago but nothing was done.Thank you mods for taking action and taking down those nasty and inflammatory posts. In our defence, I did report the first inflammatory post hours ago but nothing was done so that individual carried on posting.

Different timezones sometimes make it difficult to respond immediately. We do take reports serious so please, continue reporting posts you feel are out of line. And thanks for doing so up to now :) 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thank you mods for treating everyone fairly. 

I am sorry for replying to a malicious post instead of reporting it right away. Nobody has the right to belittle anyone just because of differences in opinion. I will try the best that I could to uphold the rules and regulations of soompi at all times. Thank you for taking immediate actions and kudos to all soompi mods for upholding justice with fairness and consideration.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I like how they're  talking, joking, laughing with each other while practicing their acting scene.. warm, energizing and friendly... viewers get delighted by watching such scenes ... :blush:

• Like 8

My word she's drop dead gorgeous.  RSG rises from the ashes of death.  Hope she gets new drama roles as a result!  She was my fav.  Post drama pics.

• Like 2

Lots and lots of beautiful new Jin Se Yeon pics released today. I posted a few below. Good news is our heroine's interviews will finally be released this week at long last too :)

• Like 7

4 hours ago, lovethatlook said:

YAY! some parts of JSY's  interview has been translated by lighthoney1610

She's a nice person . She was not stubborn and let ysy guides her in her acting cases, with her friendly manner made ysy feels comfort beside her so he could dealth with embarrassing  scenes calmly. 

How ysy treated with jsy is adorable. He is such a nice gentleman with whom everyone feels comfort and peaceful. He honestly helps others to do their best, despite being awkward in kissing case! :tongue:

• Like 7

4 hours ago, lovethatlook said:

YAY! some parts of JSY's  interview has been translated by lighthoney1610

I agree with @Farbod Asha on what said about Ysy and Jsy . And I want to add that if she wasn't good in enough in her work GP could not have such successful achievement.  We thank Ysy and Jsy and all other cast for their hardworking and making a successful result. 

Hahaha, our talented Ysy don't know how to kiss and he was obliged to do so many kiss scenes in this project. What a sweet torture! :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Some more interview excerpts from YSY and JSY:

Yoon Shi Yoon Shares Which “Grand Prince” Character He Liked Best + Secret To Drama’s Success

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/15/yoon-shi-yoon-talks-success-grand-prince-character-liked-best-compares-dramas/

Actor Yoon Shi Yoon recently sat down for an interview to talk about the end of his latest drama, “Grand Prince,” and his career as a whole.

In “Grand Prince,” Yoon Shi Yoon played Lee Hwi, who fights with his brother (Joo Sang Wook) for the love of a woman (Jin Se Yeon). The drama brought in the highest ratings ever for the channel TV Chosun at 5.6 percent.

Yoon Shi Yoon said, “I feel proud. More than feeling good about myself, I feel thankful. I was really terrified at the beginning of this drama. I was afraid that it would fail because I was lacking. I was so nervous at the press conference that I couldn’t sleep and wrote my fans a long letter, and they comforted me. It seems like just yesterday but I’m so grateful.”

When asked about the secret behind “Grand Prince’s” success, he said, “It was easy to approach. The interesting thing was that the ratings rose around Episode 13. The scenes that we put a lot of effort into at the beginning were favorably received, but if you judge by ratings, it’s hard for historical dramas to get an inflow of viewers during the middle of its run. Your character might have a beard and be talking about something serious, but the viewers might be like, ‘Who is that?’ If you don’t become popular in the first four episodes, people won’t watch your show, but since this drama was about such a famous part of history I heard that it was easy to understand. And also my character would just explain whatever was happening right in front of him [laughs]. I think it was easy to understand because it was based on real history.”

Yoon Shi Yoon had previously filmed the historical drama “Mirror of the Witch” with Kim Sae Ron. In comparing the two, the actor said, “They’re totally different. ‘Mirror of the Witch’ was a fantasy and this is based on real history. There are two strengths of historical dramas. One is to make a fantasy scenario in order to recreate a past in which we’ve never lived, like Chinese martial arts movies. You can make up whatever characters you want. If ‘Mirror of the Witch’ had more freedom in acting, ‘Grand Prince’ was about perfecting and living up to the framework. I liked them both and it’s hard to say which is better or worse. Acting is like dating. You break up with someone you love and meet someone else you love. If someone asks you, ‘Is your old girlfriend or your new girlfriend prettier?,’ of course you say your current girlfriend. Because that’s where you’ve given your love for the moment.”

The interviewer also asked if he would have liked to try Joo Sang Wook’s character in the drama. Instead, the actor replied, “I personally liked the character Grand Prince Ahn Pyeong. He is warm-hearted and good-natured to other people, and has a lot of love for his family. His beliefs make him stronger. I like these kind of things. I like my character a lot but I was the last to be cast. I wanted to work with Jin Se Yeon and Joo Sang Wook.”

I like that he was honest that he was really nervous about ratings. I guess there was added pressure when his previous projects have not done well.  I've said it before but there was so much working against the drama it's amazing it ended up doing so well! It's wonderful it worked out so well for him and all involved with the project and he's receiving so much love and attention now following on from Grand Prince's success.

Very diplomatic at the end when the reporter tried to compare his two sageuks.  For a guy who said he hasn't dated much he sure knows the right things to say lol :lol:

Jin Se Yeon Talks About Wanting To Work With Yoon Shi Yoon Again, Her Ideal Type, And Love Life

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/15/jin-se-yeon-talks-wanting-work-yoon-shi-yoon-ideal-type-love-life/

She said, “It had been a while since I worked with actors my age, so I was excited on set. I want to work with Yoon Shi Yoon again in a modern drama.”

The actress explained, “Because it was a sageuk [historical drama], it was difficult to adlib. I want to be physically affectionate in a playful, fun way. It was regretful that there weren’t those kinds of moments due to the characteristics of a historical drama. If we work together again in a modern drama, I think we can show how close we are.”

Because Jin Se Yeon and Yoon Shi Yoon played an on-screen couple in love, she receives a lot of questions about the possibility of a real romance between the two actors.

She stated, “I don’t feel burdened. I’m happy that the ‘Hui-Hyun couple’ is getting a lot of interest.” She added that the Hui character in “Grand Prince” closely resembles her ideal type in real life.

I hope they have an opportunity to work together again but it's pretty rare in K-dramas that actors are paired up more than once. One of things I prefer about Chinese dramas is they pair up successful couples more than once.

Jin Se Yeon Jokes About Yoon Shi Yoon’s Apology For His Kissing Skills In “Grand Prince”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/15/jin-se-yeon-jokes-yoon-shi-yoons-apology-kissing-skills-grand-prince/

Speaking about how she worked through her concerns about acting, Jin Se Yeon said, “While expressing my emotions, I talked a lot with Yoon Shi Yoon and relied on him a lot. Yoon Shi Yoon is someone who kindly explains a lot to juniors. But since I have some experience, he was very considerate of my acting. He said, ‘How do you want to express it? I did it this way, what do you think?’ He treated me as a co-worker and not as someone who’s eight years younger.”

The actress also spoke about the many kiss scenes in “Grand Prince.” In a previous interview, Yoon Shi Yoon had conveyed his apologies to Jin Se Yeon for his poor kissing skills.

She commented, “Usually in dramas, there are many instances where the male actor leads [the scene], so I thought that I’d just follow along. Our first kiss scene was when we weren’t close yet, so it was awkward. It was awkward and embarrassing, and I remember that we made fun of each other while filming later because of that. But Yoon Shi Yoon said he’s usually like that and that he matches well with family dramas.” She laughed as she added, “I hope he doesn’t feel sorry about it.”

Sounds like they had a great relationship onset.  It's good they become so close to each other despite the age difference.  YSY seems like a great co-star to work with and he is too modest about his kissing skills. He mentioned in another interview that his previous co-star scolded him about his kisses so maybe that's why he lacks confidence. No need to apologise YSY they looked great onscreen in Grand Prince and JSY said he doesn't need to apologise so hope he stops being so hard on himself!  ^_^

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Awww..... come on! Why shut down the rumor so fast? LOL. I was hoping to see this dating rumor get circulated around a bit longer, hahaha...... What can I do? Even when I tried so hard not to, I just ended up shipping Yoon Shi Yoon and Jin Se Yeon in real life. I'm such a hopeless case. I need help. LOL.

Anyway, guys, Yoon Shi Yoon has already been cast in a new drama. OMG, I am NOT ready to see him with someone else just yet. Oh, no. My ship. My HyunHwi ship..... huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu............

• LOL 2

Here are some pics of Grand Prince cast and staff in Da Nang International Airport last night, were taken by Khôi Trần in VietNam :wub:

sHvl9EO.jpg

Spoiler

Xi1eJhq.jpg

06JujLq.jpg

mqcZct5.jpg

YSY's stylist

jMjuNm8.jpg

Spoiler

Edited by alias2512
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, alias2512 said:

Here are some pics of Grand Prince cast and staff in Da Nang International Airport last night, were taken by Khôi Trần in VietNam :wub:

Thanks for sharing :)  They are really great quality pics !  Hope the cast and crew have a great time on their well-deserved reward vacation :D

Apparently  JSY and YSY are coming to Danang later; YSY on the 26th according to his agency but there is no information on what day JSY is coming.

• Like 2

So I just uploaded all the BTS for GP. Most of the BTS do have English subs (out of the 39 BTS videos, about 25 of them have English subs). The ones that do have English subs are titled in the playlist. The BTS come from both TV Chosun's youtube and facebook. I would've uploaded it before, but I didn't have time until now lol.

Here's a direct link to the playlist on youtube. If not, you can watch it below: