Quantcast

General reminder to everyone:

While it's nice to see that even after the drama has ended members are sharing images, IG, videos etc. it also does make it difficult for other members to access this thread and discuss after thoughts on the drama.

So I would like to ask everyone to keep it down when it comes to posting images and IGs. Also remember to put more than 3 images in spoiler tags. Same goes for IGs and videos.

Give other members a chance to discuss this drama and its ending.

Thanks in advance!

-Jillia

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It's hot ... 'Gwanghwamun hugs me hot'

7 A step toward restoring Korea's los ... (40), who starred in TV drama 'Dae-gun - Draw Love,' which lasted 6 days with an audience rating of 5.6 percent, Yoon Si-yoon (32) and Jin Se-yeon (24) were in trouble. When the audience rating exceeds 5%, we decided to do free hug in Gwanghwamun. Yoon Sik-yun said, 'I've done a lot of shaking with 3,000 people, but it's really hard.' Ju Suk-wook said, 'I promise I will keep my promise.' The three main characters play free hugs in front of Donghwa Duty Free Shop in Gwanghwamun, Seoul at 7 pm on September 9.
2018050701661_0.jpg

Spoiler

The large army, which started on March 3, ended its two-month journey. The first time it started at 2.5%, the last time was more than doubled, 5.6%, the highest audience rating per minute. Blood romance drawn by the tombs of Sungjae (Jin Seon Yeon) and the two rival rivers surrounding the throne (Lee Sang-wook) and Yi Hui (Yoon Si-yoon). The meeting with Cho Hyun-kyung, who wrote Kim Jung-min, who directed 'Princess Man' and 'Chosun gunman,' and 'Maids', gathered topics before the broadcast. 
Seeing seven days, Jean Seon-yeon said to Hwig, who acted rudely at the first meeting, 'Is it all right?' And the highest number of ambassadors. He said, 'I liked to show a female character to say.' Among the plays, Sungjae actively showed a lady in search of love and made a deep impression. I was worried about the vortex leaving the northern punishment, followed by a male man, followed by the river that afflicted me, saying 'It is not the virtue of the merit' and I got a nickname of 'Girl Crush'. Jae-hyun's hanbok was also a hot topic. Only 80 pieces of hanbok were changed. Jeon Seon-yeun said, 'I wore it without a gun,' the coach said.Yoon said, 'The battle that might end up in a deadly situation,' said Yoon Sung-yoon, 'a scene in which a tribute to the main prize goes to the head of the war, 'I was impressed by Hui, who accepts' duty 'and refuses' power, 'and said,' I was pouring tears in the temple. 'In this work, Yoon was well received for his tearful smoke. 'I usually cry a lot,' said Yun Yi-yoon, 'the scene in which I grabbed the cold hands of Son Ji-hyun and made me feel cold. 

'What do I lack. 'Why is it that I can not do?' Joo Sang-wook, who was impressed by the river that confronted Wu against power and love, caught the audience as a runaway character who caused bloody winds. 'I wanted to play the king, but I met the character I wanted and I was happy all the time.' 'I can not come, so I have to go.' 'I want to see him.' In July, I became my father, and I decided to change the baby 's name from Dae - gun to Dae - soon. I will return to a better work. '

출처 : http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2018/05/07/2018050701677.html

http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2018/05/07/2018050701677.html

• Like 8

thank you very much for everything it was very nice to read your comments about the drama with you last sharing.

• Like 7

I don't want to completely spam the post with the instagram posts, so I'll just copy & paste the translations that lighthoney1610 did on instagram here. These are from his recent interviews yesterday:

The reason why he decided to join GP was because of Joo Sangwook and Jin Seyeon. The ensemble of these actors was the biggest merit he said.

YSY “JSY is a kind actress, gifting hotpacks to the supporting casts”.
He said he still remember that cold weather to the extent he can't control his face. Jin Seyeon had to wear a thin outfit. But she went talking with the supporting casts. She’s also talking with someone and the extras of her previous drama. After the filming end, they changed their clothes in the tent. Extras changed their clothes in the box kinda place. She then just went to them and gave them her own hotpacks. He said that was his first time seeing that kind of actress. He said Seyeon possess kindness/goodness and warm hearted. 
He said at she can speak wisely. He has many smart friends but she is seems to be the wise one. It makes him proud. A friend that makes him think that he’s working with a good actress. He said Seyeon is really famous for being kind.

I would just sum up remaining interviews he did today here.

1- He kept making NG when filming ep7 because of that he sent a message to Seyeon. He said "I'm sorry. I will be ready/prepare really hard."
2- Rather than dating, he wants to work first. His ideal type is someone who can develop/improve together with him and someone that can inspire and encourage each other.
3- He said he’s a bad kisser. He said in previous work he was scolded by Seyoung. The saying he is good in kissing outside the camera is all bluff. He said he wanna say sorry to Seyeon
4- He said Joo Sangwook ranked first he want to bring him to 2D1N
5- When filming kiss scene, emotion will pull up and there was no time to feel embarrased after the director said cut because of funny situation due to beard. He said to the writer at the wrap up party that he didn’t know there will be a lot of kiss scenes.
6- He received so many messages from his friends because of Seyeon. He said guys really like her.
7- He want to do 2D1N for a long long time. 
8- He called himself a successful fan because he will go to Sabah with Shinhwa members. He also boasting to his old friends that he will go to jungle with Wanna One members. He asked about jungle’s life to Jung Joonyoung. JJY said jungle is hard, hungry and lots of bugs. It will be so hard but he’ll work hard show a good side of him.

Also soompi wrote an article about the free hugs event ^^:

“Grand Prince” Stars To Give Out Free Hugs After Finale Ratings Hit All-Time High

Yoon-Shi-Yoon-Jin-Se-Yeon-Joo-Sang-Wook-

After the finale of “Grand Prince” achieved the drama’s highest viewership ratings yet, Yoon Shi Yoon, Jin Se Yeon, and Joo Sang Wook have announced that they will be giving out free hugs!

On May 6, the TV Chosun drama ended with a triumphant bang. The finale of “Grand Prince” scored average viewership ratings of 5.627 percent, breaking its own record for highest ratings. The three stars of the show had previously promised to give out free hugs if the drama’s ratings managed to break 5 percent.

Accordingly, on May 8, a representative for “Grand Prince” announced that Yoon Shi Yoon, Jin Se Yeon, and Joo Sang Wook would be holding a special event to fulfill their ratings promise. At 7 p.m. KST on May 9, the three actors will be giving out free hugs next to the Gwanghwamun subway station in Seoul.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/07/grand-prince-stars-give-free-hugs-ratings-hit-time-high/

Also, this is a final look at the complete ratings for all the episodes:

Date Episode Nielsen Korea (%) TNmS (%)
Nationwide Seoul Peak
2018-03-03 01 2.519 2.619 3.0 1.8
2018-03-04 02 3.058 3.288 4.1 2.5
2018-03-10 03 1.994 3.0 3.9 2.2
2018-03-11 04 2.042 3.2 4.0 2.0
2018-03-17 05 1.961 - - 1.5
2018-03-18 06 1.468 - - 1.8
2018-03-24 07 1.748 - - 1.7
2018-03-25 08 2.634 2.607 3.3 2.7
2018-03-31 09 2.684 2.599 3.0 2.8
2018-04-01 10 2.936 3.088 4.2 2.4
2018-04-07 11 2.488 2.831 3.9 2.8
2018-04-08 12 2.947 3.168 4.3 2.8
2018-04-14 13 2.972 2.429 3.8 3.3
2018-04-15 14 3.699 3.603 5.0 3.8
2018-04-21 15 3.560 3.764 5.0 3.4
2018-04-22 16 4.188 4.228 6.1 4.0
2018-04-28 17 3.612 3.708 4.7 3.0
2018-04-29 18 3.882 4.135 5.9 3.5
2018-05-05 19 3.432 3.547 4.8 3.7
2018-05-06 20 5.627 5.681 7.1 4.1
Average 2.973% 3.382% 4.5% 2.8%
  • Like 9

On 07/05/2018 at 1:36 AM, xyr enc said:

I think I saw an article where a TV Chosun executive was qouted that they expect a huge dip in their income because they will pursue their drama production plans, so I guess they are planning to keep going for long, or even stay in drama production for good.

I remember when MBN, TV Chosun, Channel A and JTBC were still in their infancy, only JTBC and TV Chosun continued their drama production, although the latter stopped at around 2014. Now that the cable TV envirorment is booming and that MBC remains "dead" after the workers' strike, I guess TV Chosun will continue to get drama staff from free TV networks to produce drama series for them. I am also positive that TV Chosun will be the 6th force in Korean TV (Behind KBS, SBS, MBC, JTBC and tvN/OCN) after this achievement. 

It's fascinating the way the Korean TV industry has evolved over the past few years.  i'm a bit of a geek about things like this so i would love to read a business study on the evolving TV industry over the last few years particularly TVN's rise to domination.  So TVChosun are going to stick with drama production? This was definitely a successful test run for them and very impressive considering everything the drama was up against.

19 hours ago, 1451 said:

thank you very much for everything it was very nice to read your comments about the drama with you last sharing.

Thank YOU very much for always posting the latest pictures and articles :blush:

8 hours ago, Ayame said:

I don't want to completely spam the post with the instagram posts, so I'll just copy & paste the translations that lighthoney1610 did on instagram here. These are from his recent interviews yesterday:

The reason why he decided to join GP was because of Joo Sangwook and Jin Seyeon. The ensemble of these actors was the biggest merit he said.

YSY “JSY is a kind actress, gifting hotpacks to the supporting casts”.
He said he still remember that cold weather to the extent he can't control his face. Jin Seyeon had to wear a thin outfit. But she went talking with the supporting casts. She’s also talking with someone and the extras of her previous drama. After the filming end, they changed their clothes in the tent. Extras changed their clothes in the box kinda place. She then just went to them and gave them her own hotpacks. He said that was his first time seeing that kind of actress. He said Seyeon possess kindness/goodness and warm hearted. 
He said at she can speak wisely. He has many smart friends but she is seems to be the wise one. It makes him proud. A friend that makes him think that he’s working with a good actress. He said Seyeon is really famous for being kind.

I would just sum up remaining interviews he did today here.

1- He kept making NG when filming ep7 because of that he sent a message to Seyeon. He said "I'm sorry. I will be ready/prepare really hard."
2- Rather than dating, he wants to work first. His ideal type is someone who can develop/improve together with him and someone that can inspire and encourage each other.
3- He said he’s a bad kisser. He said in previous work he was scolded by Seyoung. The saying he is good in kissing outside the camera is all bluff. He said he wanna say sorry to Seyeon
4- He said Joo Sangwook ranked first he want to bring him to 2D1N
5- When filming kiss scene, emotion will pull up and there was no time to feel embarrased after the director said cut because of funny situation due to beard. He said to the writer at the wrap up party that he didn’t know there will be a lot of kiss scenes.
6- He received so many messages from his friends because of Seyeon. He said guys really like her.
7- He want to do 2D1N for a long long time. 
8- He called himself a successful fan because he will go to Sabah with Shinhwa members. He also boasting to his old friends that he will go to jungle with Wanna One members. He asked about jungle’s life to Jung Joonyoung. JJY said jungle is hard, hungry and lots of bugs. It will be so hard but he’ll work hard show a good side of him.

Also soompi wrote an article about the free hugs event ^^:

“Grand Prince” Stars To Give Out Free Hugs After Finale Ratings Hit All-Time High

Also, this is a final look at the complete ratings for all the episodes:

Thank you for posting YSY's interviews.  He seems like such a modest person. It's great this was such a validating, positive experience for him and he had an opportunity to work with JSY and JSW.  I love what he said about Jin Se Yeon.  She is a very warm and lovely person so no wonder people like working with her so much :blush:

As a side note this drama only has a small international fandom so we are so fortunate lighthoney1610 has been kind enough to translate articles and interviews for this drama on Instagram and @gerrytan8063 here on Soompi otherwise we would have missed out on a lot of content. :)

Thank you for posting the overall ratings.  I'm so impressed by the way the drama managed to fight back from the lowest rating point, climb steadily back up in the ratings and capture the audience back and end on such a high note despite little publicity, an obscure channel, competition in the same time slot   It was a gamble but so good to see it paid off for all involved :)

Free hug event today!  I hope it all goes well. I still want to know why YSY suggested free hugs out of everything LMAO :D!  From lighthoney1610 translations they underestimated the popularity of the drama and didn't actually expect  to get 5% so they probably never thought they would have to keep the promise lol lol :D

• Like 9

The cast & staff will be going on a reward vacation! :) Also some more information about the trip that isn't mentioned in the below article (info thanks to lighthoney1610): Grand Prince team will go to Danang, Vietnam for their vacation reward on 23rd. It’s 5D3N trip. Yoon Siyoon, Jin Seyeon and Ryu Hyoyoung will join the trip but unfortunately Joo Sangwook will not because he wanna spend time with his pregnant wife.

'Grand Prince' becomes TV Chosun's highest rated drama, cast and staff to go on reward vacation

By jennywill    4 hours ago

hyoyoung,yoon-si-yoon,jin-se-yeon
The cast and staff of 'Grand Prince' will be going on a reward vacation.

The drama recorded the highest ratings that broadcasting station TV Chosun has ever seen, at 5.6%. The drama started on March 3, and reached its highest ratings at its end on May 6. As a reward, the cast and staff will be heading to Vietnam's Da Nang on for 5 days, beginning on May 23. 

1- He said Siyoon-Seyeon acting style is very similar. It’s pure/innocence and emotional/sensibility. It’s very different from him. He said he has that innocence too but his acting style is more to realistic.
2- He didn’t feel the age difference while working with Siyoon-Seyeon.
3- He said this is his first time acting as someone that has a one sided love.
4- He feels sorry that his wife is alone while pregnant but he thanked her for endured it. He’s nervous every day since his wife is in her 8month pregnancy.
5- He doesn’t want to do a parenting variety show but he wants to appear in The Fishermen and the City
6- He thanks YSY for saying that he chose GP because of him
3- Jin Seyeon is really kind. Every time she comes to shoot she always asked her “how’s your condition today?”, “it’s okay, do it comfortably” so that’s why she can do it comfortably.
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Ayame said:

Here are some other article translations from lighthoney1610:
1- He said Siyoon-Seyeon acting style is very similar. It’s pure/innocence and emotional/sensibility. It’s very different from him. He said he has that innocence too but his acting style is more to realistic.
2- He didn’t feel the age difference while working with Siyoon-Seyeon.
3- He said this is his first time acting as someone that has a one sided love.
4- He feels sorry that his wife is alone while pregnant but he thanked her for endured it. He’s nervous every day since his wife is in her 8month pregnancy.
5- He doesn’t want to do a parenting variety show but he wants to appear in The Fishermen and the City
6- He thanks YSY for saying that he chose GP because of him
3- Jin Seyeon is really kind. Every time she comes to shoot she always asked her “how’s your condition today?”, “it’s okay, do it comfortably” so that’s why she can do it comfortably.

Yes, he is such a considerate , reliable, chivalrous person ... he always establishes a good relationship with his colleagues and has nice manner with everyone ... in fact he in his innocence has a mature and wise character ... and hopefully he had a happy time in GP project ... :blush:

I should say i found all the cast wonderful ... and the success of the project was caz of good interactions and professional team work between them....  Wish them all an ever good luck... :heart:

• Like 9

Here are the pictures from the free hug event earlier today:

N1x0F1K.jpg

vw30NhE.jpg

B2SvrNo.jpg

More pictures from the event:

Spoiler

07F25yR.jpg

1Js9zUn.jpg

Videos from the event:

Spoiler

• Like 8

Naughty ysy! :lol: Ysy and Jy After hugging fans and waving their hands to bye them,  ysy  suddenly start capering and jy looks at him and does the same .so cute moves. :D

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

Thank you for all your latest updates on the events though GP is already finished airing.

GP’s final episode is excellent, but of course it would have been even better if RSG have survived, especially after JH has made her the cotton armor.  Yi Kang’s dying scene is so touching that I almost forget how he has been evil in the past and forgive him. 

I like the GP cast very much, especially the pairing of YSY and JSY.  I do wish they can collaborate again in another series, as a couple, in modern times and preferably not a melodrama.  They look very good together in matching outfits during the free hug event.

• Like 8

The cooperation and relationship between the cast was adorable,  so they got positive feedback . I could tolerate the catastrophic scenes by watching their friendly relationship at the back scene. I love they still continue to their friendliness in the events. 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Ayame said:

The cast & staff will be going on a reward vacation! :) Also some more information about the trip that isn't mentioned in the below article (info thanks to lighthoney1610): Grand Prince team will go to Danang, Vietnam for their vacation reward on 23rd. It’s 5D3N trip. Yoon Siyoon, Jin Seyeon and Ryu Hyoyoung will join the trip but unfortunately Joo Sangwook will not because he wanna spend time with his pregnant wife.

'Grand Prince' becomes TV Chosun's highest rated drama, cast and staff to go on reward vacation

By jennywill    4 hours ago

The cast and staff of 'Grand Prince' will be going on a reward vacation.

The drama recorded the highest ratings that broadcasting station TV Chosun has ever seen, at 5.6%. The drama started on March 3, and reached its highest ratings at its end on May 6. As a reward, the cast and staff will be heading to Vietnam's Da Nang on for 5 days, beginning on May 23. 

Thanks for the updates @Ayame. What great news for the Grand Prince team are getting a reward vacation! So happy for them!  I hope as many as possible can attend (plus that increases our chance of some of them posting pics and videos haha :wink:)  Hope they have an incredible time :blush:

It's funny the trio are kind of dressed reflecting their characters in the drama at the Free Hug event: YSY and JSY's outfits are similar and compliment each other and JSW's outfit is a contrast just like their costumes in Grand Prince.

Great to see the Free Hug event was a great success.  So nice to see so many people of all ages and genders attended - people even brought their little children for hugs:grin:

I found a video with some footage of the event.  JSY looks like she gives great hugs! YSY fans are really generous - he gets so many gifts lmao!

• Like 7

What's up, everyone.

It's the end. We've finally reached it.

I'm sorry if I'm posting only now, 'cause I honestly steered away from the thread right after Grand Prince finished. It wasn't until Tuesday evening that I finally brought myself to watch the last 2 precious episodes.

Needless to say I was left in a hot pile of mess because of too much feels.

The thing about goodbyes is that when the actual moment of saying "goodbye" to something or someone, it suddenly becomes so hard and you realize that no one can really prepare enough for it, and that's what happened with this show. I postponed watching episodes 19 and 20 for as long as possible because in my head, I was trying to prolong the show; to keep it alive and going. But alas, I had to face it and here I am.... torn apart.

The ending had me all kinds of twisted. I felt sad, happy, excited, dreadful,hopeful, and warm all at once. I can't even begin to tell you how much the ending pierced my heart, but damn, man, I never thought I'd do, but I actually cared about everyone - even the villains who are no other than Lee Kang and Na Gyeom.

I felt so sad when Roo Si Gae died, but I think it was better so she won't have to suffer heartbreak anymore over Lee Hwi. Although, there's Gi Teuk, of course, who was actually in love with the Jurchen warrior. I was like, "daaaaammmmnnnnn, dude!" I cried, too, when Lee Hwi, Ja Hyun, and Gi Teuk cried as Roo Si Gae breathed her last.

Ok.... seriously, there's so many things to say, and I haven't got the time right now 'cause life be at the back yelling at me.... but I'll come back and give my comments for episodes 19 and 20.

All I can say for now is that I'm so hyped that even after the drama ended, we are still being treated to so many HyunHwi goodies. I hope their vacation goes well and if Yoon Shi Yoon and Jin Se Yeon develop something there, I'd be freaking joyful! Right now, I'm just really looking forward to May 23. LOL.

In total, this drama had me shook. I don't know when I'd be able to fully recover.

• Like 8

An 11-minute long vid of the free hug event:

Jin Se Yeon looked so warm and happy while hugging the fans. Yoon Shi Yoon received so many gifts and Joo Sang Wook was just looking like a happy dad welcoming members of his extended family, LOL.

Meanwhile, some youtuber took this vid of a BTS of our HyunSigae couple escaping. :wink: 

• Like 8

More articles:

Joo Sang Wook Reveals What He Admires About “Grand Prince” Co-Stars Yoon Shi Yoon And Jin Se Yeon

joo-sang-wook-yoon-shi-yoon-jin-se-yeon.

Actor Joo Sang Wook recently sat down to talk about his career as an actor and his co-stars in TV Chosun’s “Grand Prince.”

Joo Sang Wook began by acknowledging that this year was his 20th debut anniversary. “Most of the actors whom I worked with on ‘Grand Prince’ were in their 20s,” he said. “Looking at them, I sort of regretted why I didn’t do what they are doing.” He added with a laugh, “But now that time has already passed, that doesn’t mean much.”

Joo Sang Wook went on to talk about his co-stars on “Grand Prince,” Yoon Shi Yoon and Jin Se Yeon. He shared, “What the two have in common regarding acting is their innocence. There are tears and acting that come from innocence.”

After commenting that their acting style was different from him, Joo Sang Wook continued, “I envy such innocence. It’s great to look at. It’s somewhat sad that I’ve been acting for so long because I feel like I’ve lost that innocence. Sometimes I worry if I’ve become too realistic. But you can’t just be endlessly innocent, so this sometimes works as a benefit when acting.”

When asked what his most memorable work was, Joo Sang Wook replied that it was SBS’s drama “Giant” that aired in 2010. “The drama was so fun and I was personally a fan,” he explained. “It was so great that I wondered if I’ll ever be able to participate in a work like that again.”

He didn’t forget to mention “Grand Prince” as well. He said, “I had such a good time filming the drama. I’ll continue to take part in different works but just like ‘Giant,’ I wonder if I’ll be able to play a character like Lee Kang again.” He added that it was going to be one of his unforgettable works as an actor.

“Grand Prince” starring Joo Sang Wook, Yoon Shi Yoon, and Jin Se Yeon came to an end on May 6. 

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/10/joo-sang-wook-reveals-admires-grand-prince-co-stars-yoon-shi-yoon-jin-se-yeon/

Yoon Shi Yoon, Jin Se Yeon, And Joo Sang Wook Fulfill Their Promise By Holding A Free Hug Event For “Grand Prince”

Grand-Prince-XPN.jpg

On May 9, the cast of TV Chosun’s “Grand Prince” held a free hug event at Gwanghwamun Square.

Yoon Shi Yoon, Jin Se Yeon, and Joo Sang Wook previously made a promise to give out free hugs if their drama surpassed 5 percent in viewership ratings.

This came true on May 9 when “Grand Prince” concluded with 5.627 percent and set a record for the highest viewership ratings for the network.

The three actors kept their promise and joyfully embraced fans at the event. Check out a video from the event below!

Spoiler

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/09/yoon-shi-yoon-jin-se-yeon-joo-sang-wook-fulfill-promise-holding-free-hug-event-grand-prince/

• Like 6

I am still waiting for JSY's GP post filming interview?  Everyone else has had one?  JSW and RHY have had one. YSY has had a couple actually.  It is strange that she's the only one missing?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1