[Drama 2017-2018] Jugglers 저글러스

Go Seung Ji

10 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Poor Bona LoL:tongue: gettin' so much hate.. 

While I don't agree with her actions, I can see why she does what she does. Obviously having a parent who's handicapped cause her to make some (illegal) but urgent decisions. Bona is envious that Yuni seem to have it easy while she on the other work just as hard & not get very far ahead. I don't know.... I don't hate Bona as much as some of you here but rather I feel bad for her. 

I have to say, I can't understand her actions at all. She has a father who is deaf, yet he's able to make a living. I know people who are deaf and a couple of friends who translate for the deaf---I don't feel sorry for Bona. He's deaf, but also productive. Sure her parents need some financial assistances, a large percentage of parents need assistance in one way or another as they get older.  Bona lives separate from her parents. If it's so hard for her, then why not move in with her parents to cut cost/expenses.  My aunt was paralyzed in an accident when my cousins (her children) were very young. Having a mother with a disability or handicapped didn't make them mistreat others--which is the same for millions of people around the world; it's not an excuse to treat others badly.  

Bona has to be completely blinded by jealousy and envy to even remotely think YY has it easy. YY has had a very difficult boss who cheated constantly on his wife which she was thrown into the middle. The wife then humiliated YY claiming she was having an affair with her husband. YY was betrayed by her boss and lost her job. Bona then, with her boss, posts what she knows to be a lie. Worse, she saw YY crying after she hurt her with her words.

Bona has a position in the company working for a leader who has been in a higher position than both of YY's managers. Instead of Bona trying to help her awful manager, like JA and YY who tries to help their manager become a better person and leader, she's only interested in helping him cheat his way to the top. If the campaign that she felt betrayed by YY had been implemented, they would have hurt the company. She can't even see that she and her boss were getting ready to harm the company's reputation and customer confidence. Cheating to the top is going to backfire on the both of them. I personally feel that they both are unethical and should be fired from the company. By posting the lies regard YY having an affair with her previous boss, it then becomes libel. 

I know the writer in the end will have YY be very forgiving of a repentant Bona, but I wish it was more realistic and have them go their separate ways.

8 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I wouldn't say I hate her. It's just that she consciously put things in motion to harm YY's career. Even if the company does not condone office romances, she did not spare a thought as to the fallout it would cause YY.

Again, karma is going to come around because this boss of hers will dump her as soon as he is promoted. Since she knows too much about him and his techniques. Similar to what YY's ex boss said about why he cut her (YY) loose once he was promoted.

@Dramanoona, I agree with you 100%.  I will say that not only did Bona "not spare a thought as to the fallout it would cause YY", she really didn't care. Her motive was to completely destroy Bona. It won't really hurt CW too much, it's going to hurt YY. Bona already knew what the fallout would be because she saw it when YY was fired after being accused of having an affair with her previous boss. Bona's goal was to make it 10 times worse this time around. Not only remind people of YY's previous "affair with a married man", now she's after her new boss. They are painting YY as if she's nothing but a seductress who sleeps her way to the top.

@inna75, I don't see anything wrong with CW and YY having a relationship; most marriages are between people who worked together. However, it's the way that they are trying to paint YY's reputation is what is hurtful.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, inna75 said:

The only thing that I am worried is how YY will counter-attack the rapid assumptions made about her after the exposure. I hope the writer will succumb to the same method as the time when YY counter-attack NCW's ex..that scene was really daebak!! I hope in next week's episode, we will see the same dynamic...

I agree with it not being a scandal that will negatively impact CW all that much, it's more like people will side eye him for dating his assistant since he's in a higher position of power. The real person who's gonna be affect is YY, you see it at the end of the episode people are assuming she seduced her boss *again* and is some seductress social climber/ gold digger/ other horrible things. In fact people will less likely say things like CW is skeevy for going after his assistant because of the past actions they think she did; trying to seduce her married boss.

And I bet money that the goal is to pile as much richard simmons onto YY as possible and maker her life miserable and Cutter and BN assume that eventually CW will cut her off to save his own skin since they're still operating under the assumption that his do-gooder attitude and desire to clean out the scum of the earth from the company is some kind of image booster for him and he's self interested at the core. You always get that sense from Cutter especially, you know he doesn't think CW is a good person and thinks he'll cut YY off, removing his major positive relationship in the company while also making himself look like he only cares about himself in the process. A double hit to his reputation; or so he thinks. 

YY and CW's reaction to this next week will surprise him I'm sure of it and it'll derail his plans a bit. He's still in the dog house for the TV defect problem so he's going to try more schemes next week and probably thinks CW will sit by and let him do it but he's got another thing coming. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I already commented on how I think it'll go next week for our main couple but I am super worried/interesting in what's going to happen with Jung Ae and Yul. I have no idea how he'll react. This drama has this message about trust, giving it out and it being betrayed, etc. And he trusted her to be the one person by his side. Like the guys in the office (who complains about their boss trying to actually do work? First they complained about him being lazy and now they complain that he wants their division to branch out and succeed. That really made me mad) said he started to genuinely try and work after she started being his assistant. Having someone support him and his vision and also help him through personal struggle and listen to him was important. And the show did an amazing job showing him growing into a more focused version of himself and showing how she fit into his life and him into hers. She's important to him and honestly he's important to her too now.

So how badly will he take it that her identity is a lie? Will he assume she wants something from him and think that all the good things she's done were also a lie? Will he have trouble coming to terms with the fact that his MVP and support system was lying about who she is, and how quickly will he understand why she lied? What will she say and how will she feel about her son pulling away so much from her and now this new person she let into her life probably pushing her away and rejecting her too? And she feels that she hasn't been focusing on GW because of work so will she just accept that Yul doesn't want her around anymore and quit? I'm super excited and scared for that next week and I'm sure however it's handled will be compelling. If he immediately understands it'll be heartwarming and if there's a big blowup it'll be heartbreaking. Or we'll fall right in the middle and get both feelings at once. 

I kind of can't believe this is my favorite show in kdrama land right now but it's the perfect mix of modern kdrama and old school kdrama rom com. It just makes me happy to watch and it's just what I needed. And the soundtrack is really nice too, thank you for posting my favorite song from the OST @triplem !

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

I have to say, I can't understand her actions at all. She has a father who is deaf, yet he's able to make a living.

The show actually made a point of saying that he's not making enough of a living. Bo Na is helping to pay his rent with her own money because he's presumably being screwed over by his landlords (this happens a lot to disabled people who can't defend themselves properly) and it's to the point where he might have to move back in with her if it continues. He's not disabled to the point where she literally has to stay at home to take care of him and can't because of company politics, which is what I think you're trying to say, but I want us to be honest about how hard of a time she's having.

For all intents and purposes she has a crappy life. She works a crap job with a crap boss that keeps her from having an actual social life (like missing her dads birthday dinner) and has a horrible attitude probably born from a life of struggling and she's bitter that her friend who used to be suffering alongside her is now in a better position and might usurp her and her boss from moving up to the position she wants. It's a case of a person who probably wasn't that nice to begin with and is super self interested being in a bad situation so it's easy for her to turn on her "friend" and that's not a good thing *but* it's for sure a bad situation and her dad being disabled and her having to help take care of him (and thinking Cutter would support her) did impact her decision. The show goes out of it's way to show that instead of just having her decide randomly to turn on YY. 

• Like 6

Woah~ Steamy and funny in the same time :D

That zipper & YY's brother kkkk~

Curious how YY will act toward BN after this accident. As we know YY always find BN first to make a peace after their quarrel. BN is truly selfish human being-_-*

And the playback music in the ending scene have feel like our OTP are ready fight against up BN & JSM.

• Like 6

@lclarakl and @bkchild..totally agree

I am also worried about Yul and JA..but somehow that too I think will be dealt with satisfactorily since Yul, despite his little-boy attitude is also portrayed as someone very wise (as shown in many of his involvement in getting NCW to see YY in a different light). I hope the writer would not succumb to the cliche reaction scenario of him feeling "betrayed" by JA. I think, as shown in many scenes of this drama, we will be first shown the image of him being very surprised after finding out the truth about JA but then we will be the one who will be surprised by his decision in not succumbing to the expected reaction of someone  who just find out that he was lied to. In fact, I think he will somehow, decided to me her black knight...hehehe..I hope so..I pray so...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The only thing I noticed during Yuni/Chiwon's hot makeout session, was his well shaped rear:w00t: Must be a result of all his boxing at the gym:w00t:

LMFAo Baek Jinhee is so lucky! To get to makeout with both fine men - Sunghoon first & then Choi Daniel. Although her damn wardrobe gets in the way aish<_< first buttons, now zippers tsk tsk. 

WoW the response I got from being in the minority over Bona sure touched a nerve with a lot of you! In particular @junejungki IDK I still stand by with what I said... I neither like nor dislike Bona, I just understand her motivations that's all - shrugs-

I find it super cute that Chiwon needs to bend down whenever he speaks to Yuni:lol: now with their romance out in the open, hope our OTP can be happy together. 

Aigoo~ Geonwoo yah stop giving your Eomma a hard time ok, please? She's doing the best she can, give her a break. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Well BN was too trusting with her current boss, i mean she should learn from YY's past exprience with her ex boss, with their ugly personality they will eventually discard their secretary. 

Anyway i'm curious how CW solved this problem. And i think leaving the company won't do any good since it can't bring back YY's good reputation. I think it will be fine for CW, if the company didn't has any written rule againts colleague dating each other. But it still damaged YY's career. Except if YY changes her profession. Probably her new profession related to the popular blog about jugglers which she made.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

WoW the response I got from being in the minority over Bona sure touched a nerve with a lot of you! In particular @junejungki IDK I still stand by with what I said... I neither like nor dislike Bona, I just understand her motivations that's all - shrugs-

I agree with you! Don't worry, you're not the only one! What I think that's interesting about her is how brutally honest her character is. It just goes to show you can have 2 kinds of friends in the world: people who are your friends in front of you and 'friends' behind your back. I've experienced both kind so I'm not gonna completely write off her characther as completely evil. She did look a little worried when the cutter planned to expose CW and YY's relationship. But either way, it was hard to say what her real intentions were. We will just have to wait and see how the next few more episodes (only 4 more left :bawling: )progress. 

Degreesing a little here but I have a feeling that whatever plan that the cutter has might just come back to bite him. the cutter seems to think exposing 2 people in love is the biggest scandal. I for one think his plan is honestly laughable. Really? 

Besides, CW has a plan with the new whistle blowing series he plans to air. I'm sure they can dig up lots of dirt on the cutter. 

• Like 4

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaTWinnSiAFEK95BBBPJuep-12-eng-sub-jugglers-preview-c-310x165

I would like to send a special shout out to KBS for taking such a risk in giving us this realistic moment. Allowing our OTP through amazing acting show us a realistic view instead of those plastic physical moments that we are so often used to.  I would rather have no kissing than all those that look as fake as they feel.  KBS took us to the edge gave us passion instead of plastic and it was brilliantly done!!! 

It was a mixture of watching him worried,  realizing through his driving as if he just couldn't get there and to her fast enough.  Even when we saw him face his EX in still such a loving way but making his feelings known to her and her realizing there is no us. 

Even later when he went to YY's door first after getting home still so filled with fear it was as if we could see his heart out in the open for everyone to see.  And then watching as he slowly walked to his door and that look when he saw her standing there.  Maybe to him she is his angel.  It was his face and eyes filled with relief and as the words " Angle of the city played it's heart grasping melody in the background  all the while.  When he walked to her and placed his arms around her body.  It felt as if his heart had been still and silent and with her warmth against him . Tightly within his embrace.  It was as if his heart was able to breath and beat once more...

On a thankful and funny note, thank you KBS for the BOOTY View that will linger along with that melody too!!!:heart:

@sophierai21 said:-

I agree with you! Don't worry, you're not the only one! What I think that's interesting about her is how brutally honest her character is. It just goes to show you can have 2 kinds of friends in the world: people who are your friends in front of you and 'friends' behind your back. I've experienced both kind so I'm not gonna completely write off her characther as completely evil. She did look a little worried when the cutter planned to expose CW and YY's relationship. But either way, it was hard to say what her real intentions were. We will just have to wait and see how the next few more episodes (only 4 more left :bawling: )progress. 

Degreesing a little here but I have a feeling that whatever plan that the cutter has might just come back to bite him. the cutter seems to think exposing 2 people in love is the biggest scandal. I for one think his plan is honestly laughable. Really? 

Besides, CW has a plan with the new whistle blowing series he plans to air. I'm sure they can dig up lots of dirt on the cutter. 

Aw~ Thanks sweetie. IKR? I just find the hate a lil OTT, like you said her character shows there's some grey area. She's not clear black or white. I think her & Kyungrye (the gorgeous androgenous member in the Jugglers group LoL) are both very blunt with Kyungrye bein' really sharp with her observations. Jungae is like the matriarch of their bunch but also because she is a Mom anyway:D I actually prefer those who're honest and show themselves as they are, instead of putting on this "mask". But I guess too much honesty can be hurtful HA:tongue: There needs to be a certain level of subtlety/discretion. 

ITA, but then again I never took Cho seriously because the actor who plays him makes him look like a caricature, a farce almost. Cho is pretty mild compared to other villains LoL. I applauded when Chiwon came up with that Whistle Blowing thing, heck we ALL know that office is filled with secrets!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@sophierai21 said:-

Aw~ Thanks sweetie. IKR? I just find the hate a lil OTT, like you said her character shows there's some grey area. She's not clear black or white. I think her & Kyungrye (the gorgeous androgenous member in the Jugglers group LoL) are both very blunt with Kyungrye bein' really sharp with her observations.

Yeah, I'm more in this wagon myself, too... I think it's a huge disservice to Bo-na as a character to write her off simply as selfish and "she doesn't care at all" type of a person. She is clearly meant to be morally grey and has constantly shown to be conflicted. How can a person who gives everything she can to her disabled father be considered just "selfish"? Or how can a person "not care about anything" when she has several times hesitated and worried even when she has slowly slipped under the influence of her boss? When she gave pictures to boss Cho, she looked quite worried when she asked what will he do with them. 

It's not that she doesn't care at all. She does care about her father, a lot, and I think she does care about her friendship with the gang and doing the right thing; it's just that her need to succeed and her feelings of inferiority, jealousy and being betrayed are stronger. 

I personally think YY will forgive Bo-na because it's in her nature; she is warm, kind and doesn't bear grudges. However, it's quite possible their friendship won't be the same. To be honest, I actually could see a trajectory into a better friendship if Bo-na's fall from grace would cause her to really look into herself and re-evaluate everything she has said and done. And I do not mean only this latest betrayal, I mean how she has behaved with her friends in general.

But, that would be a whole new drama, so it won't be happening here.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Whatever Boras real character or reasons or shades of gray It’s YYs reputation and likely career prospects that are ruined. The Korean job market is cutthroat enough, particularly for a woman in a patriarchal society as well committed a crime by spreading personal information and photos. So no . not seeing why we should understand or cut her some slack. 

If I was YY I would smile, forgive, say I understand and sweetly tell her to get lost  for good because my man has got some new Erotic manga he wants read together :)

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

It is just too much annoying that YY has a "scandal " but her old boss still working unaffected. Like dude has a wife he (assumingly ) cheated her woth his assistant and noone sideeyes him? Cheating is not a one person job people, if she was sidelined so should he.. I am so angry that everytime something happens in her life, that unfair situation will be brought up. So sad and actually it is so on par with todays society too. 

Fight girl! Fight everyone!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, bkchild said:

The show actually made a point of saying that he's not making enough of a living. Bo Na is helping to pay his rent with her own money because he's presumably being screwed over by his landlords (this happens a lot to disabled people who can't defend themselves properly) and it's to the point where he might have to move back in with her if it continues. He's not disabled to the point where she literally has to stay at home to take care of him and can't because of company politics, which is what I think you're trying to say, but I want us to be honest about how hard of a time she's having.

For all intents and purposes she has a crappy life. She works a crap job with a crap boss that keeps her from having an actual social life (like missing her dads birthday dinner) and has a horrible attitude probably born from a life of struggling and she's bitter that her friend who used to be suffering alongside her is now in a better position and might usurp her and her boss from moving up to the position she wants. It's a case of a person who probably wasn't that nice to begin with and is super self interested being in a bad situation so it's easy for her to turn on her "friend" and that's not a good thing *but* it's for sure a bad situation and her dad being disabled and her having to help take care of him (and thinking Cutter would support her) did impact her decision. The show goes out of it's way to show that instead of just having her decide randomly to turn on YY. 

Honestly, I think you give BN too much credit and justification for her attitude. Her father is a capable man; He married and started a family. He worked over the years to provide for his family BEFORE his daughter was old enough to get a job. BN's life isn't crappy, she just wants more. She was ashamed to let her boss know that the man who shined his shoes was her father.  If I feel sorry for anyone, I feel sorry for the father. It's not his fault that he's deaf. 

BN's life isn't horrible at all to me. Unlike YY's old boss who I think was much worse, at least Cutter gave BN a choice to join him in his doomed plan. She chose this path because she wants to move up with him. She doesn't have to work with him. She can go back into the pool of assistance and work with someone else; however, she wants to be on top and for that she's willing to betray a friend.

Also, the thing about gossip, it flies in the wind.  It's like takin a bag of feathers and letting them blow in the wind. It's impossible to collect them all. That's why so many countries have laws and will let you sue for millions of dollars when your are slandered. 

I'm interested to know how YY's friends will feel when they find out what happened.

@RobinM, I agree with your post 100%. It's hard to recover a reputation once lost.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm enjoying this drama so much and that heavy make out - booyah!!!

Bo Na is a gone case. How could she do that? There is absolutely no excuse for what she did. She lied and took her friend's phone and stole yes stole those pictures. I dislike her intensely.

I think they will break up for sure between the mother, this scandal and YY's reputation shot to hell, this drama is going to go into sad territory next week. I just hope they don't break up but who am I kidding.

crying1 onion head

• Like 4

Mawang: Retrieve a special fan so that I can stop the fire. If you give me the fan, I'll give you the umbrella.

Sunmi: Okay!

Sunmi: *steals OhGong's fan* Here.

Mawang: Thanks.  *proceeds to fan NCW and YY making out*

• Like 2
  • LOL 5