[Drama 2017-2018] Happy Sisters, 해피시스터즈

0ly40

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, awsparkle said:

The stigma of YE not being able to have children needs to be completely removed with her own pregnancy. 

3 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

Absolutely. This has been the point all along.

Then what about women who are genuinely infertile? The stigma will always remain. 
If YE doesn't conceive then she will be representing all those women who have had to live the stigma of not being able to get pregnant. They also deserve to be happy.

If the YE does get pregnant then it sends the message that women who are genuinely infertile are just lost causes and no hope, because in the end you need to be able to get pregnant to deserve a happy ending in a marriage. for example HY. Her entire psychological corruption was because someone destroyed her ability to conceive a child

The stigma of YE not being able to have children should not be treated as a bad thing, MS did that to her. In fact, YE still deserved to be loved even if she does have the stigma. 

I think it would be nice to see, for a change, a women who is accepted and loved despite not being able to conceive. 

It is a good parallelism HY and YE both can't conceive, neither one is at fault for their infertility. While one woman becomes malicious because of that stigma, the other remains kind. 

What did the doctor or someone tell YE at the end in the preview?

Spoiler

Could it be what we all hope to hear that she is pregnant? Her face seemed shock and her mouth fell open. I keep thinking that is what she learned.. PLEASE let it be true. The subs are going to take too long.. 

As much as I love HJ in this episode. I am only concerned about what sent YE to the doctor perhaps and what did she learn. Was it about JS by accident or was it about herself and a little one for her and HJ? The suspense is killing me.. lol

I also hope that what the doctor told JS is he is shooting blanks..

Sorry just got to watch today’s episode. So according to my wife, the voice over is the doctor talking to JS. However, it does look like YE is getting good news. We shall see. My wife said the fatigue is the first symptom and that is the look of shock on her face. It doesn’t look like she is at the doctor’s office about JS.

However, I have been burned by these previews before.

7 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

Sorry just got to watch today’s episode. So according to my wife, the voice over is the doctor talking to JS. However, it does look like YE is getting good news. We shall see. My wife said the fatigue is the first symptom and that is the look of shock on her face. It doesn’t look like she is at the doctor’s office abour JS.

Looks like she was filling out a form so I am sure she was there for herself or something

27 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Looks like she was filling out a form so I am sure she was there for herself or something

Yes during the scene HJ was having tea at her house, he noticed she was dozing off and told her to go to bed. She said she seems to be getting tired too easily lately. She probably went to the doctor to get it checked out. Bingo! Please Please Please let it be true! I see a registration of the marraige by the end of the week if true.

It would be poetic justice if JS learns he is sterile at the same time YE learns she is 임 신.

7 hours ago, finebyme said:

The stigma of YE not being able to have children should not be treated as a bad thing, MS did that to her. In fact, YE still deserved to be loved even if she does have the stigma. 

I understand your point I really do and it is totally valid. I just want her to have what she wants. She desperately wants to have children so I want her to have that. 

What is indisputable is that HJ loves her unconditionally. He has said many times he doesn't care if she can't have kids and I take him at his word. So even if she doesn't have kids, I think their lives together will be happy.

8 hours ago, finebyme said:

It would be nice if they end with YE and HJ bringing home a baby, by adoption :D

I know I will be set on fire for this idea, but I wondered if JS and HY will get back together at the end of the show, and decide to adopt a baby IF (and it's a big IF) both of them can overcome their self-centered idiocy. I think after all the emphasis on babies and fertility, it might be interesting to see a couple that is infertile (I also believe JS is lacking 'swimmers') have a family with an adopted child. It would be meaningful to HY to adopt a child from an orphanage. It would be a huge smackdown to MS who put so much emphasis on having a grandchild by blood. I wonder--How far writer-nim will go with the forgiveness and personality U-Turns?

26 minutes ago, shamrockmom said:

I know I will be set on fire for this idea, but I wondered if JS and HY will get back together at the end of the show, and decide to adopt a baby IF (and it's a big IF) both of them can overcome their self-centered idiocy. I think after all the emphasis on babies and fertility, it might be interesting to see a couple that is infertile (I also believe JS is lacking 'swimmers') have a family with an adopted child. It would be meaningful to HY to adopt a child from an orphanage. It would be a huge smackdown to MS who put so much emphasis on having a grandchild by blood. I wonder--How far writer-nim will go with the forgiveness and personality U-Turns?

They can call each other from prison that would be pretty romantic. :wub:

53 minutes ago, shamrockmom said:

My thought has always been at the end HY and JS will end up back together. If (and we all hope this comes true) JS is told he may be sterile I can see him back with HY after he too has admitted his own fault in why the company ended up in trouble and his life went down the tubes. With both of them having to start over JS can't look down on her and HY will finally have the man she was in love with want her for her true self warts and all. Only after both of them have completely taken responsibility for the actions (and crazy) and paid for it by having to either pay back or go to jail I have no problems with them being back together and adopting a child. If they are able to let go of their own arrogance and demons then being back together and giving a child a home to fulfill both their desires to be a parent in my view is good. 

JS wanted to be a father badly so even if its not his blood hopefully he had matured enough to be able to be a good one. HY had her ability to have children ripped away so having the opportunity to give a good home to a child when her own past was one without parents will be good. 

55 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

I understand your point I really do and it is totally valid. I just want her to have what she wants. She desperately wants to have children so I want her to have that. 

What is indisputable is that HJ loves her unconditionally. He has said many times he doesn't care if she can't have kids and I take him at his word. So even if she doesn't have kids, I think their lives together will be happy.

HJ has told her and anyone who asks that he just wants YE no matter if she can have kids or not. Its DJ who did nothing to help her daughter find out if she can't have kids for sure or provided information on her options if she could not that caused a problem along with MS and JS who brain washed YE into thinking she can not have children. Even though HJ has said no matter what he is not giving her up even if she can not have children YE still hesitates scared and sad of her so called ability to not have kids in my opinion.  Fearful that HJ and his mom will want to get rid of her the same way JS and MS did. We know HJ would never do that but that trauma from JS and MS still lurks. 

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

Yes during the scene HJ was having tea at her house, he noticed she was dozing off and told her to go to bed. She said she seems to be getting tired too easily lately. She probably went to the doctor to get it checked out. Bingo! Please Please Please let it be true! I see a registration of the marraige by the end of the week if true.

It would be poetic justice if JS learns he is sterile at the same time YE learns she is 임 신.

HJ is the perfect guy for YE. What man puts her to bed then gives her a facial mask to keep her looking pretty.. LMAO. It looked like he would have stayed awhile to watch her sleep of not for JS stalking her. 

A baby is just what is needed to take care of JS. Its the final slap he needs to see reality that he has lost YE and can never get her back but also his arrogance in thinking she could not have babies instead of taking care of her when he had her has made him loose out. JS is very disrespectful to YE and HJ and he needs a slap down to get it through his thick skull that YE no longer loves him, will not be coming back to him and does not care that he is in the hospital hurt. YE should block all calls from his number and get a restraining order but I think hearing that YE is possibly pregnant will do it for him finally. 

It would not surprise me and I am hopeful the doctor told him not only what is wrong with him since he collapsed but shared also he is unable to father children as well. It is poetic justice for a man who valued his first wife only for what she could do for him and her ability to have kids and when he assumed she could not have any he tossed her out fast for a woman that lied and said she was having his baby. 

I feel like YR's crush on HJ has ran its course as well. I think she has too much going on in her life trying to live with out her family or wealth to truly think of HJ at this moment and I feel like her liking YE has also helped. YE's and HJ's attitude towards her I think has helped her let those feelings run its course. Hearing that YE's is possibly pregnant will put that to rest for good as well. I think the ex's will be done with by the end of this week (hopefully). 

Sorry just got to watch today’s episode. So according to my wife, the voice over is the doctor talking to JS. However, it does look like YE is getting good news. We shall see. My wife said the fatigue is the first symptom and that is the look of shock on her face. It doesn’t look like she is at the doctor’s office about JS.

Your wife and I think a like. YE would never think that could be the cause so I am just speculating that her fatigue has started to worry her so she went to get a check up or HJ mentioned she has been tired a lot more then usual and suggest she go. Once she is there she gets a check up and is told some happy news we all hope. The look on her face in the preview made me think its about her and not about anything she heard related to JS. 

@finebyme

I like your thought and yes it is a valid point. A lot of these drama's show woman who are divorced, widowed, a single mother or infertile as pariah's who do not deserve to find happiness and love again when that is not true. We see them mistreated just for those reasons above even if they are the sweetest person and hardworking. 

If YE had truly been sterile then I would love for them to show alternatives to that with her having enough love and heart to want to adopt. We have seen she has the love of a good man who wants her despite the misconception she is unable to have kids. JW would have been a good asset for this if DJ had told YE what he said about helping to find alternatives if needed. 

I think if YE's character had been written to be unable to have kids then I think the writer would have expanded on the other ways for her to be a mom if she truly wanted to. 

Unfortunately given how Korean society is portrayed in these drama's being unable to have kids is a huge stigma and I doubt it will change anytime soon. It is sad that a persons worth is measured in their ability to father a child (men have it hard as well its just not spoke about as much ) or a woman to be able to conceive and carry one. I too wish to have a more positive message shown about this topic in the drama's and hope in the future it will be shown that way. 

I think we are going to get the news on episode 113 that YE is pregnant since her fatigue was a dead give away as @rolisrntex mentioned.  The clincher was the doctors appointment...to seal the deal.  The completely shocked expression on the face of a woman whose ex-in-law drilled it into her head that she was infertile even though the doctor said there was no issue.

The writer set this scenario up from the beginning otherwise there would have been no point in belaboring the infertility issue.  Totally worth the wait.   Wedding bells should be ringing very soon.  HJ will be over the moon crazy happy!!!

5 hours ago, finebyme said:

Then what about women who are genuinely infertile? The stigma will always remain. 
If YE doesn't conceive then she will be representing all those women who have had to live the stigma of not being able to get pregnant. They also deserve to be happy.

If the YE does get pregnant then it sends the message that women who are genuinely infertile are just lost causes and no hope, because in the end you need to be able to get pregnant to deserve a happy ending in a marriage. for example HY. Her entire psychological corruption was because someone destroyed her ability to conceive a child

I think it would be nice to see, for a change, a women who is accepted and loved despite not being able to conceive. 

It is a good parallelism HY and YE both can't conceive, neither one is at fault for their infertility. While one woman becomes malicious because of that stigma, the other remains kind. MS and JS thought a sincere apology was enough but YE being pregnant would be the final slap down to them both. 

I also understand what your saying but for YE that stigma needs to be removed from her brain. YE loved that family and they did nothing but weigh her down. She loss herself her pride and self worth doing everything she could to make these people happy. It's her turn to shine now and be happy about who she is and her accomplishments. Having a baby would be the icing on the cake of the good things coming to her that she deserves. There's no doubt HJ loves her no matter what but a baby between them would completely bond them together. 

@Ldy Gmerm @rolisrntex

This just might be the very setup that would finally take JS down. He finds outs he is sterile at the same time YE finds out she's pregnant. Of course JS will want sympathy from YE but she's too happy with her news to even give JS the time of day with her already knowing he's been faking. 

how is YE other sis inlaw ma going be mad at her for testing? when the woman dont show much love for her. yet she shower that spoiler brat with so much love. if i were in her shoe i would do the test too.

YE ma was nice to forgive that cheating ex MA. if i were in her shoe. i dont think i can let it slid. when the whole family treat YE like dirt.

why spoiler brat/cheating ex act so mighty? when they both are poor now? these two are a waste of space. those space could have been put into. giving YE other sis inlaw/crazy joe ex more screen time.

like most of you. i also want to see YE with a kid. so she can stick to that cheating ex/crazy joe/spoiler brat/cheating ex ma.

the lease this writer can do for YE after putting her through so much is give her a kid.

19 minutes ago, jessboii25 said:

That's it guys!!! YE might be pregnant. Lately feeling sleepy huh ( sign of pregnancy ). OmG, I'm so happy!!!! Can't wait to look at everyone faces/reaction. Can't wait for tomorrow's episode :wub:

I told my wife I hope MS is at the house when YE/HJ go home to tell the mothers.

So my writernim brain has been going this morning with the possible pregnancy news in 113 on what would be a good way for YE to tell HJ she is pregnant...

I thought maybe she goes to a store and buys a pair of baby shoes, puts them in a gift bag and leaves it on his desk with a note that says something like, "Apa, I love you."  or something to that effect. 

Archived