[Drama 2017-2018] Happy Sisters, 해피시스터즈

0ly40

Today's episode (109) was some of the most non-sensical Kdrama viewing I've seen since "Love is Drop by Drop", lol! I think the writer is partaking of a certain substance that is illegal in SK but is legal here in SoCal. :wacko:

Has JW and SE ever heard of the term "Child Endangerment"? Leaving your young teen daughter with a known alcoholic who is unstable on a good day and worse on a bad day is a horrible idea. OK, JH is responsible, and has a cell phone but still--that's a major risk. Even if they dump all the alcohol, what prevents the bio mom from taking some of SE's jewelry and selling it for some ready cash and to fund her drinking habit? She already had the gall to go in the bedroom and try on SE's wedding jewelry, so it would not be a stretch if she stole it outright. To top that off, JW and SE give JH way too much say and too much power when it comes to the bio mom. JH should have a say, but JW and SE are supposed to be the adults. Kicking them out so she could have time with her bio mom was way over the line. I cringed a few episodes ago when JW and SE left JH with the bio mom for a few hours, but to leave overnight is beyond the pale.

More nonsense: The boxing scene with HJ and JS. Uhhh...didn't HJ just have surgery and a stab wound to his abdomen? Now he's ok to go boxing? I don't think so! JS is a worthless opponent; even SR could've knocked her drunk brother out. BS would have put him in a coma. By the way, I am cheering for BS. She's not gonna let go of IS easily. He wants a family and peace. BS will trade her family for IS and some peace! 

And then we have YE's mom, who is both brainless and spineless! Of course, no one wants to see HJ get hurt again by HY. Seems to me that the safest course of action is to have YE and HJ stick together like glue and let the bodyguards do their job. WTH is she thinking?!?

HJ's mom fake outrage over the fact that HJ and YE probably spent the night together didn't even faze YE's mom! A total backfire! Can't wait until YE's pregnancy is revealed--that should be the catalyst for an ASAP marriage! 

The best part of today's episode? The double kvetching scene where the women are complaining about the menfolk and the men are complaining about the womenfolk. Good to see that is a cross-cultural phenomenon!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, shamrockmom said:

Has JW and SE ever heard of the term "Child Endangerment"? Leaving your young teen daughter with a known alcoholic who is unstable on a good day and worse on a bad day is a horrible idea. OK, JH is responsible, and has a cell phone but still--that's a major risk. Even if they dump all the alcohol, what prevents the bio mom from taking some of SE's jewelry and selling it for some ready cash and to fund her drinking habit? She already had the gall to go in the bedroom and try on SE's wedding jewelry, so it would not be a stretch if she stole it outright. To top that off, JW and SE give JH way too much say and too much power when it comes to the bio mom. JH should have a say, but JW and SE are supposed to be the adults. Kicking them out so she could have time with her bio mom was way over the line. I cringed a few episodes ago when JW and SE left JH with the bio mom for a few hours, but to leave overnight is beyond the pale.

OKAY SO IT WASN'T JUST ME, @shamrockmom  I thought to myself what the hell is this.. First off she already violated the agreement that she had with JW in the first place grounds to terminate her contract of funding her habit.. Secondly having her stay in the home is a big no no.. All she could do get drunk and run up to JH school making a spectacle of herself and embarrass JH which would have lead to the child not liking her and besides JH never knew what her mom look like more grounds to prove she's not fit to even have a relationship with a baby doll. I'm still trying to understand the so called sane ones thinking. If this is what they call trying to protect JH they way off bases.. The women has had to much say over JH life even before JW married SE with all her black,ail stunts.. The way I see it she's going to want SE baby out of the way because knowing JW has another child that he can replace JH with that's going to cut off her funding.. She can't have that..

I haven't watch today's episode yet..

Today’s episode should be titled HY’s backstory redemption setup and also the crazy parenting styles of the rest of the characters.

Preview for 111 has YR showing up for work as HJ’s new assistant as expected.

I still think it is possible that JS will get back together with HY.  She’ll probably show up at the hospital because JS is sick.  I don’t think she’ll leave him with all those flashbacks of happy times.

2 minutes ago, desertflower said:

Today’s episode should be titled HY’s backstory redemption setup and also the crazy parenting styles of the rest of the characters.

Preview for 111 has YR showing up for work as HJ’s new assistant as expected.

I still think it is possible that JS will get back together with HY.  She’ll probably show up at the hospital because JS is sick.  I don’t think she’ll leave him with all those flashbacks of happy times.

Yeah thats 100%  what is going to happen and I really dont care haha

Blah blah blah redeem or not Its time for a wedding and babies!

20 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Yeah thats 100%  what is going to happen and I really dont care haha

Blah blah blah redeem or not Its time for a wedding and babies!

After 110 I told my wife I want that 37 minutes of my life back. 

It is kind of good YR shows up to work as HJ’s secretary. She’ll have a front row seat when YE’s pregnancy is revealed and HJ marries her. It will be the slap down YR needs. HJ will not make the same mistakes with YR he did with SR. He will make sure it stays strictly business and not give her the time of day outside of work. He will not tolerate those types of antics this time.

Hopefully we will get the pregnancy reveal next week and that will shut down YR for good.

If I remember correctly the span of time between the one night stands and the pregnancy reveals is about 20. So we should see it next week.

I don’t think YR will stick around long after that.

2 minutes ago, hi5hli5htslight said:

sorry i dont remember who called it but you were right about the future secretary appointment! :unsure:

It really does not matter now at this point with so few episodes left, now we going to see the vast difference between  HJ and JS.

@rolisrntex  Thank you for the acknowledgment.  It would be one of the few ways YR’s could stay with HJ on a daily basis as a Personal Assistant.  

The writer is making YE and SE so confident now.  YE will probably make friends with YR and she’ll either stay and make a good assistant or quit when HJ shuts her down.  

Drunken mom is having a hard time with the love SE is showing her, e.g., pouring out the alcohol and not giving her money, lecturing her, etc.

why would any parent leave their kid with a drunk woman. even if the kid beg YE sis/her husband. they should have never go along with it.

good thing nothing go wrong or else they will blame themselves if the kid get hurt by her drunk ma.

this drunk woman show no regard for her own kid at all. how can she act all crazy? just because her ex husband wont give her money to buy wine to drink.

both spoiler brat/cheating ex are just wasting screen time. i just skip their scene now since there nothing good to see.

so now the writer going make YE save that crazy joe? after all the thing this crazy woman done to YE/HJ?

why do this writer have to do this to YE. why not just let the fake doc hurt this crazy woman again. so she will know how other feel. why make YE help this crazy woman out.

So after watching the subs on 110, the only decent scene was when MB re-registered his house under his and DH’s names. Their scene was really cute and sweet.

I believe JS is going to have a very serious illness and HY is going to offer to pay for his treatment and even offer to take him abroad for the treatment if needed. However, she will have to get everyone to agree to drop the charges against her in order to do it. This will be her redemption path. She’ll offer to make restitution, beg for forgiveness, and even buy MS a house so that the man she loves is cared for.

I think the fact that YE helped her fight off MDS may have flipped a switch in her. Other than IS, YE is the first person HY has wronged that helped her.

I still don’t like this story line but like it or not the writer is going to redeem her.

I’m wondering if the minion doesn’t start hitting on YR at work and when her path to HJ gets shut down, she starts to be receptive to his affection. After all she is really looking for love in a relationship and right now she thinks HJ is her path to it. However, I think in the end she just wants to be loved by someone and she’ll take it from someone below her background if that person gives her happiness.

HJ really should be more involved in personnel decisions at TMO Group.

Still on pregnancy confirmation watch.

Ending scene, I think YE becomes numb or speechless because she was too shocked to see that JS really fainted this time. Deep down, she still care for him despite his mistreatment.

Besides, she did mention that she will forgive JS but she will never forget those mistreatment and also she is no longer in love with JS.

Yeah, I can feel some redemption for HY. Kinda sad story about HY but she chose the wrong path to begin with.

We have limited episode left and yet so much of unsolved storyline for each character. The only solved or happy ending story that I'm getting right now is MB/DH. 

I'm getting jumpy now!!! Hurry up...

I feel like YE was in shock as well but I like her detachment to seeing JS on the ground and then later at the hospital. I feel like its unfair that she should worry about someone she has no ties to anymore. That is a job for his family not YE. JS has been a thorn in her side since things went down for him and I can understand why she would be shocked and hesitant to help JS. For a moment she could think it was a ploy of his to get to her and then later she may not be able to adjust to seeing him like that. His life and now his health have really gone down. HJ being the man that he is would not let a fellow human being even if he does not like JS suffer.  I think the responsibility is to get him to the hospital for treatment then call his family. After that HJ and YE need to walk away. They did their duty as a compassionate human being. Its now time for his family to shoulder the responsibility of JS and getting him the help he needs. MS never should have run away and left the responsibility of her children on SP and SW. 

JS bought this on himself with all of his self pity and heavy drinking instead of admitting fault and trying to fix the situation. He would rather wallow in self pity having a giant pity party then get up and do something constructive. He would rather harass YE to fix his problems then finally standing up and being a man and doing things himself. HE had a place to stay and family that would support him even friends if only he stopped being so delusional that people were out to get him, wanted to see him fail to take from him and that he was not responsible for what happened. No one else cheated with HY for two years, no one else ruined their marriage to be with HY and no one else married her and gave her access to everything. 

With JS in the hospital and the doctor stalking the halls listening in. I bet he is laying in wait to see if HY shows up there. Someone is going to get hurt. I keep thinking that the evil doc is going to die. I can see HY giving money for JS's treatment or paying for him to be treated abroad. If that happens I can see her also getting help or going to jail coming out right when JS is coming back or fully recovered. I think the sob story that IS told JS will make him take her back in the end especially if she saved his life. 

Unrelated topic to HY/JS....

I am probably over analyzing here but I can't seem to shake this thought. Is it possible that YE shared that night of passion with HJ to test her doctor's no stress = pregnancy lecture? Maybe even subconsciously?

This started when HJ was in the hospital. He has pressed her a couple of times for them go ahead and get married ASAP but she keeps putting him off. Saying things like, "Let's take things one step at a time.", "Let's not rush things." or "What is the hurry?"

I think in her mind she feels if she can't give HJ children her second marriage may end like her first somewhere down the road.

She's not doing it with the intention of trapping HJ. She's doing it to test herself and her doctor. If she comes up pregnant, she would agree to go ahead and marry HJ but maybe not tell him right away until after the wedding.

It seems obvious now with the limited number of episodes left, she would have had to get pregnant on that night if at all during this series.

I dunno. Just a thought.

@rolisrntex

Everyone including YE have been brain washed by JS and his mother's degrading nasty mouths. JW told DJ it's still possible for YE to have children but one track minded DJ never relayed that to her daughter. Had she relayed the information to YE she would have gone and checked things out for herself. 

Another thing that came to mind was YE trying to stop MD from beating HY. If YE comes up pregnant now it would be a total wake up call for HY. YE put her child at risk to save her sorry butt and she ran off and left her there in order to save herself. 

@Ldy Gmerm

YE has gotten so tired of JS and his antics this last thing just made her become totally detached.  She did not react because she did not feel anything. YE's reaction will also serve the purpose of giving JS his wake up call. He will have to accept the fact that YE is totally done with him. The same thing will happen to YR. who thinks being up close to HJ will make him fall for her again.What she's going to find is a brick wall. Just like HJ shut down SR he will do the same with YR. 

21 hours ago, sava2sava said:

OKAY SO IT WASN'T JUST ME, @shamrockmom  I thought to myself what the hell is this.. First off she already violated the agreement that she had with JW in the first place grounds to terminate her contract of funding her habit.. Secondly having her stay in the home is a big no no.. All she could do get drunk and run up to JH school making a spectacle of herself and embarrass JH which would have lead to the child not liking her and besides JH never knew what her mom look like more grounds to prove she's not fit to even have a relationship with a baby doll. I'm still trying to understand the so called sane ones thinking. If this is what they call trying to protect JH they way off bases.. The women has had to much say over JH life even before JW married SE with all her black,ail stunts.. The way I see it she's going to want SE baby out of the way because knowing JW has another child that he can replace JH with that's going to cut off her funding.. She can't have that..

I haven't watch today's episode yet..

Sorry, @sava2sava I don't think you will like it!
Perhaps JW's had a lobotomy. Why leave your pregnant wife with a violent alcoholic who's going thru withdrawals?!? If she pushes SE and she falls and has a miscarriage, then your ex-wife wins. After ~13 yrs of non-stop drinking, Bio Mom needs to be in a facility to treat the symptoms of alcohol withdrawals. C'mon Writer-Nim! JW's a doctor. He should know this! It would be safer for everyone. Yesterday JW was guilty of child endangerment; today he's guilty of wife endangerment! And for the Bio Mom to even suggest SE get an abortion to prove she loves JH is the most absurd and mind-boggling thing ever. I can't even imagine what JH would think if she heard her Bio Mom say that.

I was not surprised that YE kinda froze and didn't take JS's falling over seriously. He's fooled her one too many times. She has emotionally detached from him. HJ is such a nice guy--he couldn't just leave JS to rot on the sidewalk. He's got a big heart. I don't think JS's illness will change anything going forward for YE/HJ. 

I know I will take heat for this, but I really liked the scene where YE attacked Dr. Ma after she saw him beating HY. It illustrates that YE never turned cold and hard like HY, even after all the crap she endured. Plus, it is a good example for the viewers. If you see a woman getting the stuffing beaten out of her, do something! You don't have to put yourself in danger, but at least call the police or get some help. Don't stand around and be useless.

2 hours ago, shamrockmom said:

Sorry, @sava2sava I don't think you will like it!
Perhaps JW's had a lobotomy. Why leave your pregnant wife with a violent alcoholic who's going thru withdrawals?!? If she pushes SE and she falls and has a miscarriage, then your ex-wife wins. After ~13 yrs of non-stop drinking, Bio Mom needs to be in a facility to treat the symptoms of alcohol withdrawals. C'mon Writer-Nim! JW's a doctor. He should know this! It would be safer for everyone. Yesterday JW was guilty of child endangerment; today he's guilty of wife endangerment! And for the Bio Mom to even suggest SE get an abortion to prove she loves JH is the most absurd and mind-boggling thing ever. I can't even imagine what JH would think if she heard her Bio Mom say that.

@shamrockmom  Nothing you wrote made me dislike it.. I agree at this point JW is the worst.. No way should you leave this insane person with anyone alone it's only a matter a time before she flips out from alcohol withdrawal syndrome.. I think if anything happens and SE suffers and looses that child it's going to be JH feeling guilty..  I see the alcoholic coming back to try and reclaim her family.. I don't think she was out of the country I believe she's been watching all along..   As long as it was just JH and JW she felt secure she could come back at anytime now SE and the baby is a big threat to her returning.  

When it comes to YR sje thinks just being around HJ is all it would take to get him back and by SM wanting the to break up and seeing that YR is HJ secty she may jump in to YR corner supporting her giving her more hope at this point in the game the only way to step things up for YE and HJ is she either becomes pregnant or her and Hj register the marriage.. 

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

@shamrockmom  Nothing you wrote made me dislike it.. I agree at this point JW is the worst.. No way should you leave this insane person with anyone alone it's only a matter a time before she flips out from alcohol withdrawal syndrome.. I think if anything happens and SE suffers and looses that child it's going to be JH feeling guilty..  I see the alcoholic coming back to try and reclaim her family.. I don't think she was out of the country I believe she's been watching all along..   As long as it was just JH and JW she felt secure she could come back at anytime now SE and the baby is a big threat to her returning.  

When it comes to YR sje thinks just being around HJ is all it would take to get him back and by SM wanting the to break up and seeing that YR is HJ secty she may jump in to YR corner supporting her giving her more hope at this point in the game the only way to step things up for YE and HJ is she either becomes pregnant or her and Hj register the marriage.. 

Sorry, I meant that you wouldn't like the episode. I thought you'd probably agree with me! 

And yes, HJ needs to be a little more active in the selection of his personal assistant! TMO Group's HR department is not the greatest, lol! I mean, they didn't even check out the fake diploma of SR. Wonder who got canned over that one?!

Archived