[Drama 2017-2018] Happy Sisters, 해피시스터즈

0ly40

I liked how the director switched between the YE and JS-HY talk in the cafe to happenings of the other characters. Everyone's else life is going on while she is falling apart as she speaks.

The scene where CEO sees her completely broken on the park bench was well done!

Then he walked away, turned his back and walked away. It probably foreshadows a future event.

Now, he has no claims on her, this he can't do anything.

Later, when he sees her in the same state he might approach her and make his claim "Last time I saw you like this I walked away. Now, I won't. I will help you get out. I don't want to leave you in this state. I will protect you and shield you"

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, finebyme said:

I liked how the director switched between the YE and JS-HY talk in the cafe to happenings of the other characters. Everyone's else life is going on while she is falling apart as she speaks.

The scene where CEO sees her completely broken on the park bench was well done!

Then he walked away, turned his back and walked away. It probably foreshadows a future event.

Now, he has no claims on her, this he can't do anything.

Later, when he sees her in the same state he might approach her and make his claim "Last time I saw you like this I walked away. Now, I won't. I will help you get out. I don't want to leave you in this state. I will protect you and shield you"

I wanted him to comfort her but I thought the same thing. He has no rights to do so now and gave her the privacy to yell out her grief since he is aware what it was about.

I too see that later when he finds out she is divorced he will have the opportunity to go to her then to provide comfort, support and make a promise. I am guessing that after she starts working at the company or with him we will see times that MS, SR or even JS and HY will harass her. I am sure that YE will have another broken moment at the nerve of people that have hurt her and that will be when HJ will be able to provide the above. By then he may have fallen for her but has not admitted it until witnessing her being mistreated or seeing her crying alone again.

JS has already shown how truly selfish he is. The nerve of telling YE she hurt his pride by staging that meeting!! IS he serious. HE is busted for his lies and in how he talked to YE after HY walked off. Yet he dares to act like she should trust him later? I don't blame YE for telling him to die then if he felt so bad she can't trust him. The problem with JS is he does not understand that YE trusted him to the point she never would have doubted a thing he said and she even showed that after she over heard them at the wedding. He is the idiot who thought he could lie to both women and his wife not find out the truth and then to say she is the one who hurt him when you can clearly see it is YE who is hurt the most and should be by his lies and betrayal!

JS dares to say to her not to take sick from a jerk like him!! Come on if you know what you are doing is wrong then fix it by telling the truth and letting her go. I was sick of him looking in the fridge talking about no one is as good at house work like YE. That is not all she is!!! His mother is just as bad thinking that YE is only a house keeper and cook and complains about the food but she cleans her bowls every time. Both of them will rule the day they treated YE that way and got rid of her wait and see. The fridge will not be stocked with side dishes , drinks and food as HY is not going to do that. HY looks down on YE for doing her housewife duties no way is she going to become boring like that. I Can't wait until reality hits them and all of YE's side dishes and food is gone and they have no way to get more.

Then the woman is in the house taken sick from what she has found out and what is he doing outside with his mistress hugging in the street!

I am so mad at the preview of him begging her to stay with him because he is scared to divorce. HY is playing him like a drum pretending to want to resign by giving him his resignation and staying away from this idiot who is like a crack addict concerning HY. I guess he starts to loose it again and runs to her and when he does that will truly be the end for him and YE. YE will be hurt but I don't think it will be a lot more because she does not trust him. YE would want to try once again but be weary because she knows how her mother will feel over the divorce but she will have to do it anyway because JS is being lead with the wrong part of his body and she needs to be away from people who consider her only a housekeeper and cook.

I hope they have a planned make over for YE because I think she needs one to make HY and JS later eat their hats.

HY is a piece of dirty discussing trash and she knows it. She didn't like it when YE confronted her with what she is. Water will never wash away her stench. HY has some deep buried issues inside her that she's hidden. It infuriated her when YE brought what she's buried to the surface. Since she sees YE as a nothing woman she's going to do whatever it takes to step on YE. It makes her feel better about herself too step on and hurt someone else she sees as beneath her. She gets an ego boost out of making trouble and making someone suffer. Stupid JS gave HY all the ammunition that will hurt YE by talking about YE to HY.

JS is an idiot who has mistaken lust for love which has blinded him to the life and good fortune he's had with YE. He's going to have to find out the hard way he is the one who destroyed his marriage. He will come to realize YE was the one who had his back all along and made it so his business became successful. YE was only a housewife but she the glue that held him together and held down the fort. What he will get from HY will be the complete opposite of what he had with YE. He's going to find out all that glitter was not gold. 

YE has been crushed right now from JS's betrayal but she won't stay down long. After what she's endured living with JS and his family has made her tough skinned. When she emerges  from the burdens of that family her footsteps will be lighter. She will be able to walk lighter and taller and breath freely. Her anger of JS's betrayal is what will push her forward to make a success of her life. She sacrificed and endured a lot  for him because she loved him. What she got in returned was betrayal heartache and pain. 

What HY will get as her punishment will be that she's nothing but trash. She set out to destroy a marriage and a woman for her need to validate herself worth. She knows JS is a wimp but she needed him to validate her worth and self image. Her being the wife of a successful businessman would make it so. HY has no clue what she's in for from the games she played and destroying someone else's life. The woman she thought of as nothing will be brought up in her face at every turn. She will find out she will never be able to hold a candle to YE. The burden she took away from YE is now her burden and she will never be able to measure up too YE. 

The theme for week 3: JS and HY relationship vs JH and YE relationship. In context of after revelation of the affair. 

JS is hanging on t YE because no one can better handle his mum. I guess he has never told HY about his mum. So he was only using YE. 

Now is HY going to lure her MS? 

I hope HJ is at the restaurant! 

Oh what will Week 4 bring us. 

14 hours ago, finebyme said:

The theme for week 3: JS and HY relationship vs JH and YE relationship. In context of after revelation of the affair. 

JS is hanging on t YE because no one can better handle his mum. I guess he has never told HY about his mum. So he was only using YE. 

Now is HY going to lure her MS? 

I hope HJ is at the restaurant! 

Oh what will Week 4 bring us. 

Hopefully HJ is there when YE gets that gift because it's probably from HY who sent it. From the preview YE is wearing a scarf at the restaurant. In another scene HY  is wearing a scarf which is probably the same one.  YE is not a quitter but she's no match for HY in the dirty game she's playing. She's alone and fighting  a losing battle trying to hold on to a man she clearly sees has already left. So far YE has not noticed HJ's presents at the low points in her life. He has not tried to make his presents known but he's been there when and if she needs a helping hand. 

23 hours ago, kiefshi1056 said:

actress playing mistress is a newbie? she can't act no expression at all even her flirting role is so trying hard. but anyways i only watch this drama because of YE.

To me,  the actress who is playing Hwa Young is doing a great job in her role. I find her campy in a good way, and OTT hilarious--perfectly cast as the mistress/homewrecker. Granted, the seductive melodramatic tango background music they play everytime she digs her manipulative claws into JS or acts snarky to YE helps a lot. It takes two to tango, and that music just slays me!

HY is far more interesting to watch than Ye Eun, the human doormat. I believe If you can make the viewers hate you while playing the role of the villainess, then you have succeeded as an actress. I am sure that I speak for many in this forum that we want to see some severe Karma descend upon Hwa Young for her evil deeds--and JS too. He is equally at fault, and I also think he is doing well in his role in this drama, because I hate him too!

On 12/23/2017 at 2:34 PM, Ldy Gmerm said:

I hope HJ has many more moments as well to watch HY in action. It will be interesting to have him see HY buttering up MS and then they both learn who he is later when YE starts working with him.

@Ldy Gmerm I can pretty much guess HY will try and seduce HJ once she discover who he is by this time she will be pretty much be sick of  that coward lying husbands of YE.. I somehow think she will want to ruin and take everything YE has achieve because this is what makes her feel good about herself.. She will have forgotten he saw her at her best. I think between HJ and her Ex who will be getting released from jail will give HJ a run for her money and the coward don;t have enough money to keep supporting her he will be broke by then and house in hock..

The restaurant scene is enough for her to leave.. She should demand half the house but she won't and they still not going to leave her alone even when she won't accept any alimony from him.. That MIL will still try and put her demands on her and make her life miserable because she miserable and want YE to live in the same fate as her all HY is the home wrecker skank that she is.  

You are right. She is trying to save her marriage. But her husband is stringing her along, because he is using her. He has a horrendous Mother! 

So I think week 4 will be about her trying to save the marriage, out of respect to MS. 

@lu09 I hope it won't be more than two weeks!!

JS actions only show how truly selfish he is! He cheated but he makes YE the bad guy when he was using her to keep his mom pacified basically. HE even dares to beg to stay married because he does not want his mother to know he has done what his father did. He blames YE for why he can't be with the woman he is in lust with HY and then dares to come back after his addiction and HY's artful playing with his head makes him make a choice and tell YE in the worst way. All he had to do in the beginning was tell YE he wanted a divorce instead his wife is hurt badly because of his bad behavior.

He is beginning to hate YE he says.. well it really should YE hating him. He is the lying cheating coward who did that to her but he acts like she should be grateful to him for coming back to her when all he has done is moan and groan and act up over not being able to have his woman on the side. He wants to divorce then do it! Instead of packing a bag he should have gone to the court house the next day with YE and handled his business to set her free instead he goes to shack up with his OTHER woman while YE is left waiting on him. How is YE the jealousy crazy bad wife when he is the one who did her wrong? (I can't wait to see the back of this man!)

I honestly want to hope that with JS saying he wants to divorce that YE does not beg him to stay together. This should be the final straw after his drunken ramblings for HY and his behavior at the restaurant on their anniversary. I see MS endorsing this as well cause she likes HY and thinks she will be a better DIL and YE will totally feel betrayed considering how much she bent over backwards to please this woman. I just hope that she can hurry to get out of this marriage and away from JS.

MS will not see that what her son did to YE is the same as her husband. Its too bad that she will be ok with what he did to YE because she never liked YE and thought her son was too good for her when she has held a grudge and been mad at her husband denying a divorce to him for his not only having another woman but leaving her to be with the woman too. Her hateful behavior to YE and JS's actions have sealed their fate to pay for what they have done. HY will only give them a moment of happiness until she starts to show them what living with her day in and day out is really all about. I have said it once before all that YE did for them (the cooking, cleaning, stocked fridge etc.. ) will not come to them once YE is gone because HY either does not know how to do that , will not do it (thinking it is beneath her) or sees it as boring. There will be no more success once he marries HY and brings her in because the person behind their success so far was YE.

HJ again got a chance to see JS and HY in action and I am sure he will run across YE again hurt and upset after JS asks for a divorce. Eventually YE will see him and acknowledge his presence. For now YE needs to let go and cry it out and move away from those toxic people.

HJ seeing JS and HY in that parking garage will ensure when JS comes sniffing around YE once again episodes later he will make sure to let JS have a few words for daring to show up in front of YE and have something to say to her about anything.

1 hour ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I honestly want to hope that with JS saying he wants to divorce that YE does not beg him to stay together. This should be the final straw after his drunken ramblings for HY and his behavior at the restaurant on their anniversary. I see MS endorsing this as well cause she likes HY and thinks she will be a better DIL and YE will totally betrayed considering how much she bent over backwards to please this woman. I just hope that she can hurry to get out of this marriage and away from JS.

Yeah! It Is good that he is initiating the divorce and forcing her to leave. When they push her away, they have no chance of getting her back. If she left they would have said it was her fault...she was the one that left. However since he is kicking YE away, YE can remind him ...he was the one who discarded her first. 

He can't use the excuses "I was not in my right mind" "HY tricked me"....JS  and MS are making a conscious decision to kick her away.

this week the episodes seem to be going slowly...I like it... it really work she with the trauma YE is going through. Slow painful death of her marriage. Shattering slowly but with wicked violence. HJ Observing from the proverbial shadows is probably going to make him into a secret daddy long leg

1 hour ago, finebyme said:

Yeah! It Is good that he is initiating the divorce and forcing her to leave. When they push her away, they have no chance of getting her back. If she left they would have said it was her fault...she was the one that left. However since he is kicking YE away, YE can remind him ...he was the one who discarded her first. 

He can't use the excuses "I was not in my right mind" "HY tricked me"....JS  and MS are making a conscious decision to kick her away.

this week the episodes seem to be going slowly...I like it... it really work she with the trauma YE is going through. Slow painful death of her marriage. Shattering slowly but with wicked violence. HJ Observing from the proverbial shadows is probably going to make him into a secret daddy long leg

I too think that the slow progression makes it so that YE will never doubt her decision to leave that house once they throw her away. No, they can never say it was her who left when it was them who made the choice of HY over YE who took care of them for 7 long years. Once they burn that bridge its done for. No amount of begging, pleading or threatening will bring YE back to JS or MS.

I too see that HJ having witness what HY and JS did will make him give her a leg up once she starts to concentrate on her business after the divorce. He could even see it as a diversion for her to start again by working with his company. Either way having witnessed her down moments will make him a soft towards her. We all know from his profile that once he starts working with YE he will fall in love with her and no one will be able to change his mind from that course (not his ex or SR.).

I would really like that SM gets a chance to befriend YE as well and learn her personality and then when MS tries to say bad things about her HJ tells her what he witnessed with JS and HY. It would burn up MS that SM would end up with YE as her daughter in law. MS will have realized the gem she had in YE by then and lost all because of her nasty personality. She should have cherished YE who showed her so much care in 7 years instead she always thought YE was not good enough or smart enough but YE is the one to help them live so well before they kicked her out. I do not want SM to turn into the typical awful MIL or protective mother due to YE being divorced and a few years older than HJ. I especially do not want  her to believe MS's lies even though she knows how MS is.

Bold ending tonight by JS...spoiler

Spoiler

JS comes home after being with HY all day and YE comes in to see him packing a bag.(after she has been to his office and calling and calling for hours.)  She asks if he is going somewhere or on a trip and he says lets divorce she says what and he says lets divorce. She pauses stunned and she goes after him to stop him outside and HY gets out the car (Yes, at their house and greets her).

Preview shows YE trying to stop JS as he is putting HY in the car and he pushes her to the grown and is mean to her. Later YE is at the park again crying as the rain falls and HJ walks up and sees her.

Please, please , please let there not be a baby!!!!!! YE is throwing up in the toilet in one scene in the preview and her mother in law is fussing on the phone about something. JS and HY are living happily at her place like newlyweds and yet he has not taken care of divorcing YE yet. Let us hope it is just stress. YE does not need any kids with JS as they would just try to take it.

I want to say if it is just stress great. If not then stress may cause her to loose it. IF she does YE will hate JS and he never has any chance to be redeemed to her if that happens.

Archived