[Drama 2017-2018] Happy Sisters, 해피시스터즈

0ly40

33 minutes ago, mizkorea said:

HJ throwing paper planes instead of calling her out is so cute. These 2 are not married yet but they are like real couple. 

I loved it too and started choking up. Also loved him dropping the one in his hand as soon as she opened the door and came out.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished watching the subbed ep 119. I caught the live stream today but I told myself to be calm and give Scriptwriter-nim a chance. I told myself I need to watch the subbed episode to understand why she continues to place emphasis on HY/JS storyline over YE/HJ when we are already at the last two episodes. 

When I reviewed what I watched over the past 119 episodes, a very significant amount of the air time went to HY/JS story and the mess their ‘love’ created. I am still amazed at how YE/HJ storyline got sidelined. I have been patiently waiting and told myself that maybe it will happen in episode xx. I mean, it took SE/JW over 70 episodes to realise they love each other and a few more before they can really look towards a Happily After together with JH & baby Haengbog (I’m so not going into the drunk bio mom story). I keep holding my breath and try not to jump to conclusions and spent every week waiting. Waiting for YE/HJ to be able to start enjoying their lives together. Doing simple things like going for a movie, shopping, having a lovers tiff over wedding preparations...but at ep 119 I got nothing. I realised all I will likely get is the wedding tomorrow at ep 120.

I’m drawing this conclusion after 119 episodes: Scriptwriter-nim is an anti of YE/HJ.

I need to believe this otherwise I will probably foam at my mouth trying to understand why Scriptwriter-nim spent SO MUCH TIME on HY/JS. :angry:

5 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@rolisrntex  What episode are you on in the drama a hundred inheritance ..?

I'm still in crazy mode from this episode.. The ending will be bitter but sweet 

@sava2sava I have watched 4 episodes of a 100 year inheritance.

@fickle123 I'm with ya. It started to dawn on me around episode 57 the writer had fallen in love with their villain couple and had put the OTP in the back seat. They are still in the back seat and have one of the most beautiful stories I have seen. Very frustrating. I was hoping to at least get the customary 2 year time jump in the final episode but I don't think that will happen this time. I think we will see HJ and his mermaid say "I Do" and then fade to black.

1 hour ago, fickle123 said:

I’m drawing this conclusion after 119 episodes: Scriptwriter-nim is an anti of YE/HJ.

I need to believe this otherwise I will probably foam at my mouth trying to understand why Scriptwriter-nim spent SO MUCH TIME on HY/JS. :angry:

If you look at sbs website for this drama, under the PD note section, it is full of praise for HY. LoL. 

Since we dont have the usual cliche like birth secret , amnesia , truck of doom etc its the villains actions that move the plot. Plus the way HJ character is written, he is a direct person. So their issues got resolved almost immediately. Like when YE went awol, he has no hesitation asking her mom about it. He didnt think about making her mom worry. I think JW got scared after he heard his mil cooly said she gonna broke both YE legs when she comes back. What will she do to him if she discovered he knew where YE is. LoL.

When I look at HJ/YE relationship since day 1 they met this otp has shared so many memorable moments. They even get to massage each other head. So all in all I am reasonably happy with this drama. I also enjoy reading the comments here. 

Ok. I don't know how the writer did it. However, after watching the 119 subs, my heart was actually breaking for SR when DH told her he was leaving to join a German rock band. I used to really despise her character but seeing her really try to change her life and try love again made me sympathize with her. I wonder if he actually leaves or not. We may never know.

My wife told me that the dialog between HJ and YR after her father's visit would not disappoint. She was absolutely correct.

Don't get me wrong I really loved this drama know matter how it ends. I just would have liked to see some time with our OTP as a married couple even if it is a time jump at the end. I also would have liked to see a big baby reveal to HJ. We may still get a time jump, but with so many issues left to be resolved I don't see how how they will squeeze it in unless the remaining resolution scenes only last a couple of minutes. It does seem to me though it will end right after the wedding.

25 minutes ago, jessboii25 said:

Ok, quiz time: what will JS choose? Money or HY? :D

I think he will choose to get her to a doctor. However, I think he will have some words with her and tell her she has to leave his ex-wife alone. That he and HY are the only ones responsible for how their lives turned out and YE had no blame.

5 minutes ago, Jackie1048 said:

In the preview, there was his voice admitting loving the only woman in his life only to betray and abandon her because of his greed.

I am pretty sure greed had little to do with  how much a crappy person he was lol

8 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

In the preview, there was his voice admitting loving the only woman in his life only to betray and abandon her because of his greed.

I'm thinking today we will see a new Jin Sup. Since he is dying soon, he will try to make sure the woman he betrayed will be able to live her life happily from now on. That will be his parting gift to YE.

8 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I am pretty sure greed had little to do with  how much a crappy person he was lol

Naw, JS was the whole package of 'crappy person'. Self-centered, greedy, immature, emotionally abusive, condescending, and a "user"....I'm only sorry that he's gonna die now and not have to live a life filled with regret like HW will have to go through. Writer-nim gave him the easy way out, which is a shame IMHO. 

Just sayin' that the preview of HJ with his white tux and hair off his forehead is putting a huge smile on my face this afternoon. Same with the scene of Da Hong rapping. How cool is it that MB and her kids accept her for who she is, eccentricities and all? I hope the supermarket ahjumma who is always dissing her to her kids gets the shock of her life watching DH on "Rapper King"!

11 minutes ago, shamrockmom said:

Naw, JS was the whole package of 'crappy person'. Self-centered, greedy, immature, emotionally abusive, condescending, and a "user"....I'm only sorry that he's gonna die now and not have to live a life filled with regret like HW will have to go through. Writer-nim gave him the easy way out, which is a shame IMHO. 

Just sayin' that the preview of HJ with his white tux and hair off his forehead is putting a huge smile on my face this afternoon. Same with the scene of Da Hong rapping. How cool is it that MB and her kids accept her for who she is, eccentricities and all? I hope the supermarket ahjumma who is always dissing her to her kids gets the shock of her life watching DH on "Rapper King"!

So JS is the ultimate crappy person is what you are saying.

I fully agree. :mellow:

@rolisrntex: yup I’m good with the ending today too. Even if I found that JS got off easy, I was still touched by the scene when he got down on his knees at the hospital.

As expected, loose ends are all tied up. Despite my grouses, I have enjoyed this drama A Lot! Being able to come here to discuss the Ups and the Downs with everyone here while watching this drama made it even more enjoyable! :wub::D

57 minutes ago, fickle123 said:

@rolisrntex: yup I’m good with the ending today too. Even if I found that JS got off easy, I was still touched by the scene when he got down on his knees at the hospital.

As expected, loose ends are all tied up. Despite my grouses, I have enjoyed this drama A Lot! Being able to come here to discuss the Ups and the Downs with everyone here while watching this drama made it even more enjoyable! :wub::D

Me too. My first kdrama and I absolutely loved it. Very touching and emotional story. I've cried more in the last 6 months than I have in the last 10 years. I cried so much I was questioning whether I needed to go see my doctor or not. Will watch it again at some point in the future.

Loved HJ being upset with YE until she told him about the baby. He immediately melted.

Good result for HY. Didn't really see that coming.

Loved the parting camera shot too.

My only gripe with the ending was they had so many loose ends to tie up they had to rush through them. I'm wondering if it was due to them announcing an extension then having to retract it.

Archived