[SPOILERS] RETURN E09-12 + RATING
/ 4:29 PM

Spoiler

0000345524_001_20180131231831662.jpg

1.png

Naver - sports seoul: 'Return' Ko Hyun Jung x Lee Jin Wook, met at Yoon Jong Hoon's hospital

1. [+2533, -54] Seriously there is nothing about Park Ki Woong. Enough to get suspicious...

2. [+1908, -56] Shin Sung Rok, Bong Tae Gyu and Park Ki Woong, please show them more. When they come out, I become more focused

3. [+1730, -44] The Kakao dog and Bong Tae Gyu are so good at acting, they are crazy scary. It's getting more fun for me

4. [+1216, -44] Why didn't you post Return on Naver's main page?????

5. [+1056, -252] It was a little boring today...

6. [+639, -6] I thought this is the comeback of Ko Hyun Jung and Lee Jin Wook but it turned out to be Bong Tae Gyu's comeback. He looks like a really psycho, he is so scary

7. [+574, -19] Park Ki Woong is not even bad at acting, he played the main character in other dramas but he is almost a cameo here  ㅋ  I think there is something else ㅋ

8. [+493, -6] Bong Tae Gyu is really good at acting, he is so annoying ㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+462, -8] The car dealer is also good at acting~~

Spoiler

201802012148494216973_20180201221144_01_

1.png

Naver - heraldpop: 'Return' Ko Hyun Jung x Lee Jin Wook, found Yoon Jong Hoon is the nursing house

1. [+3042, -125] Bong Tae Gyu's acting makes Yoo Ah In looks like a kid. He seriously looks like a psycho

2. [+1935, -32] When Shin Sung Rok said 'Shot' I got goosebumps ㅜㅜ Daebak

3. [+1565, -16] The last scene was creepy, how could he say 'Shot' after shooting a person ㄷㄷ

4. [+1202, -15] Who is the real killer? ㅜㅜ

5. [+543, -5] In this drama, even that dealer Ahjussi is good at acting

6. [+507, -1] Bong Tae Gyu is crazy and Shin Sung Rok is a psychopath  ㅋㅋ Park Ki Woong is the most normal one among the three of them ㅋㅋ

7. [+498, -7] Isn't Bong Tae Gyu really crazy?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+462, -24] I think this drama is too provocative

9. [+393, -3] Please keep on protecting Joon Hee, I'm nervous!!!

-cr-

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And in his own favorite word.....

" Shot" - Tae Suk

Uh.. Tae Suk creepy cunning manipulative smart friend.  Do you have this type of friend? Heh?!

Thanks Shin SungRok for good acting.

DVXLoN8UQAAO3ff.jpg

sc cr: mir twt

RT this. Thumbs up.

cr :nana

Go Hyun Jung Announces Departure From “Return”

Go-Hyun-Jung.jpg

Actress Go Hyun Jung has officially stepped down from SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Return.”

Following the announcement from the network that Go Hyun Jung had left the drama, her agency released a statement on February 8. They wrote, “Hello. This is IOK Company. We apologize for our late official statement. We would like to offer our sincere apology to the viewers for having caused so much concern when ‘Return’ was receiving so much love.

“Actress Go Hyun Jung has officially left SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Return.’ All this time, Go Hyun Jung has filmed the drama with responsibility and affection. However, there was a difference of opinions with the directing team concerning the production process, and yet, even after trying to adjust this as much as possible, she couldn’t close the gap between them. Therefore, after much discussion and thought, she has decided that it will be difficult to continue filming.

“Rather than blaming someone, we have decided to accept SBS’s notice of departure due to the fact that it is only right that the person causing issues should leave for the sake of the drama. We apologize that Go Hyun Jung will not be able to fulfill her responsibility as the lead actress, and express apologies to the entire cast and crew of ‘Return.’

“We hope that you will continue to have much interest and love towards ‘Return.’ IOK Company and Go Hyun Jung would like to send our encouragement and support to ‘Return’ as viewers. Thank you.”

It was reported on February 7 that there had been a large fight on the set of “Return” between Go Hyun Jung and the producing director. The report has not been confirmed.

Following SBS’s announcement of Go Hyun Jung’s departure, the network has stated that they are currently looking into replacing the lead role.

I just read that Go Hyun Jung had left the drama because she was in conflict with the PD about the direction of the drama. I am so sad to hear that. I wonder why it is posible that to have this conflict in the middle of the drama. Everything have to be clear out before the drama starts. I wonder if the PD have been started to change her role. I remember when a writer talked how her script was changed (the direction of the drama) by the PD without her consent. Why do these things happen? How bad was for her to step down from a role she put her heart and effort to make a good job? If the PD starts to diminish the heroine role I will be angry.

3 minutes ago, larus said:

I just read that Go Hyun Jung had left the drama because she was in conflict with the PD about the direction of the drama. I am so sad to hear that. I wonder why it is posible that to have this conflict in the middle of the drama. Everything have to be clear out before the drama starts. I wonder if the PD have been started to change her role. I remember when a writer talked how her script was changed (the direction of the drama) by the PD without her consent. Why do these things happen? How bad was for her to step down from a role she put her heart and effort to make a good job? If the PD starts to diminish the heroine role I will be angry.

Maybe it turns out that she was the main culprit and the actress didn't want to become the mastermind.

Wow, what a messy situation.:o  Didn't think that this drama would have such problems but then again I can see why GHJ would be upset. She was promoted as the female lead, even the posters have her and LJW as the central one, but her character has been reduced to a supporting role at most. In the last episode I kept thinking "when will she finally appear on screen, when will her character become more active", so now it all seems to fall into place. What they promised to her was definitely different from what she got and I can understand why she would be dissatisfied. I'm more surprised that the PD didn't take her opinion into consideration and ignored her concerns since the conflict was already there from the first week. The network has already started their smear campaign. There are articles on Naver where the network representatives say that GHJ has assaulted(!) the PD following a heated argument on the 5th of February and has not returned on set. The staff members saw it and refuse to work with her. So SBS blames it all on her, but something tells me that there's a whole lot more going on behind the scenes. I don't know what could've happed for GHJ to practically ruin her career over a simple argument, somehow I'm doubtful that she's the only one at fault. I'm pretty saddened by the news that they'll replace her since I liked her a lot. 

Just now, bebebisous33 said:

Maybe it turns out that she was the main culprit and the actress didn't want to become the mastermind.

I don`t think so. It doesn`t matter for an actor what role she/ he plays as long as it makes sense. The writer is the one who gives the script. It was said that there is a conflict with the PD. A director can film scenes in a certain way, he can change the importance of a role just by filming what is in the script.

I don`t know why but I have this feeling that it was the importance of her role. I watched 10 episodes but I did not feel like she is the lead actress. I did not worry because I said to myself that her story is about to develop in the upcoming episodes. I hope it was just my feeling. I will continue to watch and see if I will like the direction of the story that the PD has in mind.

I am sad that Go Hyun Jung won`t be on my screen.

23 minutes ago, nateko said:

In the last episode I kept thinking "when will she finally appear on screen, when will her character become more active", so now it all seems to fall into place. What they promised to her was definitely different from what she got and I can understand why she would be dissatisfied. I'm more surprised that the PD didn't take her opinion into consideration and ignored her concerns since the conflict was already there from the first week.

So it was not just me that sensed that her role is not what they promised to be. I had expectation and I totally understand her dissatisfaction if that`s the true reason. I hate when the actors don`t have the whole script available. When they are signing for a drama they have just a few scripts and a major direction of the drama. It is easy to not reach the expectations.

If the tension was so high on set  I can imagine that she had a lot of frustrations. I am sad that there was not a good relationship between the lead actress and the PD. I wish her well. I wish this drama well too.

13 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

I don't think that they will remove her character from the plot: they'll just replace  her with a new actress and  reshot  few older scenes if they need it for flashbacks.

Yeah. They announced that they will cast another actress.

9 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t think so. It doesn`t matter for an actor what role she/ he plays as long as it makes sense. The writer is the one who gives the script. It was said that there is a conflict with the PD. A director can film scenes in a certain way, he can change the importance of a role just by filming what is in the script.

I don`t know why but I have this feeling that it was the importance of her role. I watched 10 episodes but I did not feel like she is the lead actress. I did not worry because I said to myself that her story is about to develop in the upcoming episodes. I hope it was just my feeling. I will continue to watch and see if I will like the direction of the story that the PD has in mind.

Well, I hadn't that impression because the scene at the cliff or the scene with the dream were short but left a deep impression. Besides if you look at the official poster, she might be in the center of that poster, however all the other characters are also shown as well therefore I thought, the main lead shouldn't be compared to the normal main leads. To me, she was already playing a huge part as she was the one who was trying to have NR's eyes opened, to change the detective Young, to investigate everything aso.  

5 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, I hadn't that impression because the scene at the cliff or the scene with the dream were short but left a deep impression. Besides if you look at the official poster, she might be in the center of that poster, however all the other characters are also shown as well therefore I thought, the main lead shouldn't be compared to the normal main leads. To me, she was already playing a huge part as she was the one who was trying to have NR's eyes opened, to change the detective Young, to investigate everything aso.  

Chingu @bebebisous33... I agree with you. Her role a big part of the show. She has always been impartial and never made any judgement. She would always investigate and ask the right questions. She was already changing them for the better. 

Which actress should replace her?  My vote is for Moon Chae  Won . 

27 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

I don't think that they will remove her character from the plot: they'll just replace  her with a new actress and  reshot  few older scenes if they need it for flashbacks.

If they taking this path, are they expecting viewers to suspend their beliefs and just play along watching the same character but with different actress? I for one can't watch such drama since it won't feel the same again.

5 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I just hope they did not mess with her character. If it is not a major conflict over direction/ development of the character and there were just big egoes on set.

57 minutes ago, larus said:

Oh gosh. What's this controversy?  I red your  post update. I agree with the observation. I don't want to speculated but if I were to.. I feel it's more how her character is is going to be like. That  maybe there was misunderstanding with the PD and on her part it was  conscious,  a even consensus decision  by her agency to leave the show. 1. Perhaps the character is going to be the anti of the drama? 2. The story itself is deviating and it's not how it was before she accepted the role. 3. The male characters dominating or overshadowing her character? 4. could be her character having feelings for  ljw character and didn't like it. Of course all of these are just my speculation.

Has this type  situation happened before in previous dramas?

Well, that's disappointing news. :( Here was I thinking the show was coming along wonderfully well, having the potential to be one of the year's best. Once again it highlights the need for these things to be completely pre-produced. It always bothers me that the production companies and the broadcasters don't see the advantage of doing that when there's so many moving parts, so much that could go wrong.

Like @bebebisous33 I never really thought the character was being sidelined because this seemed to me to be an ensemble series where different characters (protagonists and antagonists) get an opportunity to be in the spotlight. I also thought that her character was steering everyone nicely in the right direction to look at the situation in an more objective manner. But perhaps @bebebisous33 is right, that they were going to, at the very least, use her character as the driving force behind the conspiracy to take down the four friends and she didn't want a bar of it. (Although it feels unlikely)

Still, it's hard to be sure about anything as we've not been privy to anything behind the scenes. 

Archived