I just finished Eps 9 -12.   I watch and still fav drama at the moment.  Just quick observation before piling my thoughts on who did it, who's cornering the four men and, why. 

1. In ep 9  the scene when Nara was breaking down inside the car, whilst English music was playing as bgm, the snowflakes falling, the music and just her  crying and then they pan the camera.  Jae Hye looking out into the ocean in the middle of night. It feels like  movie scene. Also the chase scene was done well.  Good job with the production.

2. My favorite character in the drama! Hak Bum!  this crazy bstard! I lovingly hate this guy. I don't know why.  I laugh when Tae Suk said he ought to use brain filter for every time he speak. Bong Tae Gyu. I know the actor's name now. Doing god job with bis character.

3. Tae Suk and Jae Hye, I actually like that scene of them in shooting range, you can tell they're on psyche-war. She even laughs when Nara mentioned that he is someone good and polite...  Jae Hye had that annoying sarcastic laugh towards Tae suk. They rub off each other in very wrong way. I wonder if  he's got something to do with her past and the dreams. 

4. Thumbs up to Shin Sung Rok. I really like when his roles are of bad cunning guy ( I last watch him  in OTWTTA) and Lee Jin Wook  doing good acting with their characters ( I haven't seen  in drama is GMB,  w/c I drop actually). I'm not familiar with the female leads in th drama but the actress playing Nara is beautiful.

Now with  Jae Hye, yeah she's hiding something.  The past she's trying to forget  or to uncover the truth tied to that dream she had, falling into the water. I guess that's why she standing over the cliff. Right now the main gist of the story is the murder and who did and why but  we'll likely see background and more about Jae Hye her past.. which  could be tied up to the four guys?

And I agree with @bebebisous33  about who could be the suspect. So can we rule out the four guys already plus  Dongbae as the suspects in murdering  Mi Jung?  The ever smart and cunning Tae Suk said someone's cornering them and he doesn't know why and trying to remember.  Dr. Kim Jung Soo is the main suspect now.  Okay, so  he must have out the body in the  big ref.  The one who switched the body.  Since  he lived on the same building, he  would have observed the four men. Joon Hee also  knows him.  he face of Nara when she heard one of the doctors call   Kim Jung Soo's name her reaction is one of.. fear and she remembered  what he told her - that he was  at the hospital and can't provide details what transpired. I think Nara was thinking, because the body was  refrigerated.  Could be she's thinking.. he might have something to do with this. Or she's scared for Joon Hee

@larus I remember your post last week you had  the screen cap of the doctor. Good observation you said he was likely involve  you're correct.

@bebebisous33  About Mr. Ahn, the  is he like former detective? What could be his character and does he have anything to with the murders or possibly  have connection with the four in he past? I'm confused.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jongski Mr An (I think not Ah - maybe Ahn) was the detective who questioned  together both Hak Bum and the girl he raped and sadistically tortured - , which ibreaks with  basic police questioning procedure. He must be retired, but  now he is back and brazenly asked who was handling the case and grabbed the file.  He is definitely involved (I think) - he could have been the one who got KDB involved - since he would know how to catch him taking bribes - and then could blackmail him into switching the bodies.   But not clear who he is working for. The chief told him he wanted to speak to him in the lounge = not sure what is going on with that yet.

I don't know that we can definitely say the 3 guys did not kill MJ. They all had the opportunity.  I think any of them could have done it even Joon Hee,. It does appears unlikely. Why would they leave her in the penthouse in the first place? Especially since she was injected and drowned that way which was sadistic and  calculated.   Looks like a trap for the 3 guys.  

10 hours ago, titania1000 said:

But i'm surprised that i'm not enjoying more the mystery and that i'm not interested into guessing with everyone here  who killed MJ or who is the mastermind.

I'm with you.  I'm usually not that into speculation and this is no exception.  And the reason I enjoy this drama is because of the characters and the web of relationships.  I'm content to let the story unfold, I guess, and this show is doing that quite well so far. :)

I do enjoy the mystery, though. This has been a pretty shockingly well-executed show so far.

New making video of the scene where Ja Hye and Na Ra check out the scene of Joon Hee's "accident", Ja Hye and Young's fist bump, and Joon Hee's funeral procession: http://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/return/clip/51429/22000260907

New official site photos of Go Hyun Jung (source):

q1TnhBP.jpg
ZGsY1rt.jpg
NVal7GU.jpg

Just a thought;   Hak Beom, a sadistic psychopath,  is a professor of theology - which is the  "study of the nature of God and religious belief."   I think the writer is sending a message about hypocrisy  here.   I wish they would show him teaching a class on God and religion. That would be rich.

I am not that active here, but this drama is too good to ignore. 

14 hours ago, maddymappo said:

That dining party scene was really disturbing. 

Kang Young Eun mentions to Kim  Hak Beom  before they engage in impulsive sex, that her husband TS  doesn't look at her that way (lustful) - So I am thinking that OTS is gay.   If so, he may have a male lover.  Could it be that KIH is bi-sexual? and also having affair with him? Or, who else?   Thinking, OTS killed MJ because he was jealous of her involvement with IH.

I agree with you. I think there is a chance that he is gay. The marriage is a cover up for his sexuality and all his friends are aware of that which could explain why they didn't react the way they should react. I thought that TS is always jealous of IH because of rivalry and the fact that MJ and NR are interested in him ( The look on his face in the flashbacks gave the idea), But now I think he might be jealous because he liked him.  MJ had the wine bar from his dad,  so she might have some evidences that his son is gay and also she forced IH to go out with her because of those evidences. Some how they managed to keep her quiet until a year ago. 

I don't think that IH really loves NR as he constantly says that his family is everything to him (not NR).

I don't think TS wife is a suspect but she must have a lot of information about these four.

Is everyone still enjoying the game of Cluedo being played here?  :D 

Did CEO Kim kill Bar Owner Mi Jung in the penthouse with a needle or a rope?

From now on, I think I will just get on board the rollercoaster and enjoy the ride. It's fun to speculate on some level but I'm far more interested in how all of the moving parts are going to come together.

Of all the people in this show that are worthy of our loathing (and it's a very long list), Hak Bum must be the one to take top prize. Anger management issues? His first instinct is to hit someone with the nearest object he can get a hold of. The man doesn't have any regard for any human life except his own. He treats people like garbage and still thinks he's somehow doing them a favour.

I imagine that the only reason why he has such a responsible position is because of his family's wealth. It's a head-scratcher otherwise. In the normal course of life, nobody will ever hire a guy like that no matter how qualified or intelligent he might be. Is he actually a theology professor? I thought he was just overseeing a private foundation that's attached to the theological college. I never once saw him teach or even talk about religion. Does he even pretend to be the slightest bit religious?

If HB is boisterous, explosive and hot-tempered, Tae Suk is just the opposite. He's the quintessential sociopath. Superficially his charming, generous demeanour belies a calculating and ruthless interior. Because of his intelligence he's very dangerous. Clearly Lawyer Choi doesn't buy the nice guy image and all that pretence that he's being forthcoming. He's amoral to the core. Obviously his domestic arrangements are on the freer side. I've been wondering if there's been a polyamorous arrangement going on between TS, HB and JJ (and beyond). Not that it matters. They live in such a rarefied atmosphere which their wealth affords them that cocooned from having to deal with the consequences of their indulgences.

Lawyer Choi's background has certainly sparked my interest especially because of that last episode. Something about recent developments is compelling her to lie about her location. Is it related to what Young told her about Dong Bae or does she have secrets of her own that tie in with the four rich men? I don't doubt she knows them by reputation. In her profession, she's probably heard many things she'd rather not know.

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Is he actually a theology professor? I thought he was just overseeing a private foundation that's attached to the theological college. I never once saw him teach or even talk about religion. Does he even pretend to be the slightest bit religious?

Watching  all 12 episodes. I still didn't have any idea what what Hak Bum does except  something to do with  foundation. He talks too much whine too much  be angry too much.   I've no idea what polyamorous mean  but.. was it Jin Joo  the one with him when Tae Suk called? :o

2 hours ago, jongski said:

Watching  all 12 episodes. I still didn't have any idea what what Hak Bum does except  something to do with  foundation. He talks too much whine too much  be angry too much.   I've no idea what polyamorous mean  but.. was it Jin Joo  the one with him when Tae Suk called? :o

@40somethingahjumma

I thought it was mentioned that he was a professor twice that I recall.  Maybe he does not teach.  But will check back.  But being an administrator at a theological center works too.

In the first episode Ja-hye  introduces  him as Professor of the MyungSung Foundation, and says he is known for his "righteousness."  The foundation must be theological - I heard him referred to as a professor later on too.  Perhaps he doesn't teach though.  Just his title.

On 2/2/2018 at 8:14 AM, bebebisous33 said:

I am not sure in which episode (either 7 or 8). CHJ dreamt that she was drowning and while falling down, there was a fire under her. 

After watching the last episode, it really seems that CJH is hiding something: the way she stood close to the cliff and even lied to NR. I am now wondering if CJH offered her the job in order to have her eyes opened: NR is getting more and more disappointed by her husband and friends. 

The doctor KJS is on the top of my suspect list: first the name reminds us of the name of raped student. Secondly, he lives in the same building where MJ was, hence he had the means to do it. Besides, since he was working close to HJ, he could observe him and his friends (have access to his cellphone f. ex.). Since In Ho was not involved directly in the rape, I sense that this could have been the reason why IH was just turned into the main suspect. I suspect that for OTS, it was different. Maybe OTS was the one who organized the party... HB and HJ had just returned from abroad.  

I was thinking the same thing chingu. At first I thought she couldn’t be so naive but she is . I finally understand why NR married so young. She fell in love and finally made a decision in her own life. She new what she was getting into marrying In Ho. A man trying to be a good guy. He wasn’t perfect but she did trust him because it was her decision. Your right @bebebisous33 Choi Ja Hye is trying to wake her up from her slumber. She is realistic and understands the rich and can see them for who they are. 

NR thinks Tae Seok and Kim Hak Beom
Spoiler

img%5D 

NR is waking up slowly 

img%5D 

On 2/2/2018 at 11:57 AM, maddymappo said:

TS seems to lack all empathy and is calculating - cold blooded, true psychopath. What was the motive to kill MJ? - maybe jealousy.  (if he did kill her)  Could be he loves IH. 

I don't think he killed MJ. If he had killed her then he would have never got his other friends involved when he would have gotten rid of her without the person who is trying to destroy these four friends. It seems In Ho and Joon Hee are the loyal friends in the group. TS does lack empathy and is calculating. He doesn't let other people see his other side. Like when TS purposely made sure to hurt NR because she is trying so hard to save her husband and interfering with his plans to let In Ho take the fall. 

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

I don't think he killed MJ. If he had killed her then he would have never got his other friends involved when he would have gotten rid of her without the person who is trying to destroy these four friends. It seems In Ho and Joon Hee are the loyal friends in the group. TS does lack empathy and is calculating. He doesn't let other people see his other side. Like when TS purposely made sure to hurt NR because she is trying so hard to save her husband and interfering with his plans to let In Ho take the fall. 

I agree, I think more likely an outsider - but would need access to the penthouse.  It is someone who knows them. Overtly HB and TS are real psychos, but I am not impressed with IH or JH, they both have real problems. JH we know is a drug addict, and MJ was toying with him about getting him drugs, he was also accused of raping that young girl. We saw him in a drug stupor but could have participated - appears she initially accuse him. When asked HB shrugged his shoulders. Ambiguous. But needing drugs and being blackmailed could be strong reasons to kill her.

IH is strange. He lives a seemingly  idyllic life with his gentle, beautiful, brilliant wife and their little girl. But he is having an tawdry affair with MJ and tells her he used her like a toilet bowl (that is quite crude and harsh ) but he was fearful she was going to tell his wife.  So those two actually had motives to kill her.   TS and HB  - we don't know what would have motivated them. But she was not above blackmail and playing games.

@UnniSarah @maddymappo About In Ho's words towards MJ: I wouldn't take his words as face value. To me, he spoke like that in order to get rid of her. In Ho had sensed that MJ wanted more and was even jealous of his wife. The fact that she was getting bolder (first moving in his area, then making sure to become NR's friend, asking for his help with the boxes, then coming to his house as she was invited by TS), it was clear that MJ was determined to ruin his marriage. What is bothering me is that the affair started one year before her murder... all this time, In Ho was faithful. So what was the trigger for him to rekindle with her? Sure, I had speculated before that In Ho might have been burdened not to show his true personality to his wife NR but for that, something must have happened so that the affair started.

3 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@UnniSarah @maddymappo About In Ho's words towards MJ: I wouldn't take his words as face value. To me, he spoke like that in order to get rid of her. In Ho had sensed that MJ wanted more and was even jealous of his wife. The fact that she was getting bolder (first moving in his area, then making sure to become NR's friend, asking for his help with the boxes, then coming to his house as she was invited by TS), it was clear that MJ was determined to ruin his marriage. What is bothering me is that the affair started one year before her murder... all this time, In Ho was faithful. So what was the trigger for him to rekindle with her? Sure, I had speculated before that In Ho might have been burdened not to show his true personality to his wife NR but for that, something must have happened so that the affair started.

Well said chingu @bebebisous33 . I too wondered about what pushed him to have the affair. In the flashback to when they teenager, it didn’t seem like In Ho likes her when they first met. She seems to have always been the aggressor. I too feel like she was in love with In Ho but In Ho wasn’t in love with her. 

I would like to say In Ho likes men back in the day where they treated their wives like porcelain dolls and would find a mistress to to fulfill their fantasies. What men didn’t know back then their wives could also help them fulfill their fantasies especially if they were I. Love with them. 

@maddymappo MJ was pathetic  , obsessive and very agressive. I think she was like a drug for In Ho that he thought he couldn’t get rid of. Since we still don’t know about In Ho’s darkest desire I can’t really theorized why he started up with her. I think In Ho just didn’t know how much he cared for his wife that is why he cheated. 

So very very glad you guys are here too chingu’s. 

On 02.02.2018 at 3:14 PM, bebebisous33 said:

The doctor KJS is on the top of my suspect list: first the name reminds us of the name of raped student. Secondly, he lives in the same building where MJ was, hence he had the means to do it.

Yes, he is on top of my suspect list too. It looks like Kim Dong-Bae is not related the revenge but  Doctor Kim Jung Soo clearly is related with the raped girl. He is sure the one messing with the four friends but I still don`t know if he is capable to murder Mi Jung.

But I am confused. Who is the man in the picture with young Dong Bae. Is the doctor? I don`t have a picture right now but it seams to be with someone older and the doctor fits.

1 hour ago, larus said:

Yes, he is on top of my suspect list too. It looks like Kim Dong-Bae is not related the revenge but  Doctor Kim Jung Soo clearly is related with the raped girl. He is sure the one messing with the four friends but I still don`t know if he is capable to murder Mi Jung.

But I am confused. Who is the man in the picture with young Dong Bae. Is the doctor? I don`t have a picture right now but it seams to be with someone older and the doctor fits.

it seems dong bae took some bribe or something in the raped girl case.. basically the killer is pulling in everyone involved in the case..

this is too much secret forest like in terms of the core theme

35 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

it seems dong bae took some bribe or something in the raped girl case.. basically the killer is pulling in everyone involved in the case..

this is too much secret forest like in terms of the core theme

Well, DB was too young back then to be directly involved in the raped case as police officer. Young was the rookie detective back then, while now he is DB's superior. To me, the connection lies elsewhere. DB was blackmailed and even denounced as corrupt officer because in the case of the raped girl, a corrupt officer was involved and helped HB and JH. I suspect the former partner of CHJ, M. Ahn. Hence the person might have a grudge against any corrupt officer.

I agree with @larus that DB could be involved with the case of the raped case because he knew a relative of her. The older man in the picture could be a clue. But it didn't look like KSJ, however the picture was old and too faraway.

16 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, DB was too young back then to be directly involved in the raped case as police officer. Young was the rookie detective back then, while now he is DB's superior. To me, the connection lies elsewhere. DB was blackmailed and even denounced as corrupt officer because in the case of the raped girl, a corrupt officer was involved and helped HB and JH. I suspect the former partner of CHJ, M. Ahn. Hence the person might have a grudge against any corrupt officer.

I agree with @larus that DB could be involved with the case of the raped case because he knew a relative of her. The older man in the picture could be a clue. But it didn't look like KSJ, however the picture was old and too faraway.

7 yrs ago rt? everyone looks old to me

cud be killer wanted corrupt officer..innocent peoplr r not being involved

Ahn was the officer interviewing the raped girl and HB.  He should not be interviewing the victim with person she is accusing together.   Dokgo Young told him off at the time for doing that ( and he was the rookie).  Ahn probably was getting paid to screw up the case against HB.  And now when he came back, he grabbed the case file off DY's desk.  I think he was the one who blackmailed DB - because he would know about who gives bribes in the that precinct and he could get pictures of him - then forced him into switching bodies.  That is a theory.  But Ahn definitely is working for someone - that is why he came snooping around. And what did the Chief want to discuss with him in the lounge?

I finally caught up and Wow !!! this is amazing. I too suspect Dr Kim Jung Soo But I can’t help also feeing that Choi Ja Hye is hissing something . She lied to Na Ra where she was. Na Ra doesn’t know about her nightmares. .  

Dr. Kim Jung Soo is everywhere 

IMG%5D    

Choi Ja Hye 

Archived