Just started on this... Not a bad beginning. There's enough there to pull me in and stick with it for a bit. But wow... why isn't this show more popular?

Nice to see LJU again playing a different sort of character but I'm not familiar with the female lead. I don't think I've seen her in anything previously.

Good grief... what a group of very unpleasant human beings. The victim was scarcely better thinking she's owed something. It was obvious she was marked from the start... like in an Agatha Christie novel.:tongue: The deceased is often not much liked. Among all the wealthy set here only our sweet Na Ra (Dr Frost) feels sane.  It seems like psychopaths and sociopaths  are running riot amongst this class of people in inordinate numbers. :o :wink: Dear Me... even Detective Kang from God's Quiz is playing a nasty piece of work. :o That's going to take a bit of getting used to. And of course, the amazing SSR... playing yet another sociopath. :D

By the stunned look on his face and the fear in his eyes, it doesn't seem as if In Ho killed her which is the obvious thing to think after he got into the car and turned on the headlights. But those scratches on his face aren't going to help him in single bit. His DNA is probably all over her fingernails and jewellery. Ah well, even if he didn't kill her, a bit of scare won't hurt him. Adultery mightn't be a crime these days but cheating on one's spouse is still morally reprehensible.

Nice to see a few familiar names here. Hope you are well and enjoying this drama. :)

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only watched like 4-5 ep. and it's been quite an enjoyable watch so far. 

Bangs don't flatter Jahye at all LoL. Her constant one up man ship against Lee Jinwook reminds me of Queen of Mystery. The actress who plays Nara is so pretty, she looks Pan Asian though. Poor her for having to find the truth out the hard way. No wonder that Wine Madam sought her out. I knew it seemed fishy. 

Out of all Nara's husband's friends, Hakbum is the absolute worst followed by Taesook. Joonhee appears to have a conscience(?) overall it's like a whodunit mystery. 

I believe that there might be double game in here. I also find Tae Suk most suspicious, but i am not sure if he was the one who killed mistress. He loved to play with his friend, he could easy threaten them into doing what he want. I think he would kill only when he felt like he lost control over them,  like Joon Hee.

Maybe some people around them (doctor, police officer, maybe some girls) who were victims before got together and were observing them waiting for good opportunity?

I wonder who the hell was the guy who went with cigarettes to Choi Jae Hye office. and why it was not taken more seriously. He might be this Park partner which was kicked by her(?), he didn't seem to go easy like that.

Also the guy who wanted to attack her. It seems like it could be same guy who kidnapped Joon Hee, but then he was Hak Bum person. Had those attacks to do with current case? or with the past ?

I wouldn't be surprised if none of them was killer, just someone is using this opportunity to let the world know who they really are.

I think we still need more info. We don't know much about In Ho- he seems nice and cultural but who knows. It seems that those guys were pretty nasty seems young age.

It's undoubtedly a fascinating show. Starts off being a classic British golden age/Agatha Christie whodunit and then it turns into classic Hitchcock. Although I'm sure the whodunit aspect isn't going away just yet. The 4 friends evidently have a long history of cleaning up after each other which is a part of their long dysfunctional friendship. The striking and then attempted murder of a friend ... really reminded me of Rope. The incessant cover up while stupidly frustrating on some level sees the terrible two tightening the noose round their collective necks. Aside from being the default position, it's also the height of arrogance believing that one can commit crimes with no consequences. And why would they target the investigating cop? That has got to be beyond dumb. 

The plot twist is intriguing. A nice bit of sleight of hand. How did the body swap occur? Does that mean JH is still alive? (Okay... apparently he is)

Surely it's early days yet but there appears to be a revenge plot in the offing especially with the raped girl's case being so obviously telegraphed. Someone knows them well... knows how they think... knows their modus operandi... knows that their wealth covers all their sins. They are so debauched to the point they would sacrifice a friend that I will have no sympathy whatsoever when they finally get caught or do themselves in in a horrible way.

Good to see the cops finally earning their pay although it always annoys me when K cops feel like they have to trash talk with the suspects when it would be smarter to spring things on them. But okay I get it... it's to shake things up and to rattle the suspects. So our resident hotshot lawyer has got some kind of suppressed memory? Of course she does... it isn't a K drama if the protagonist doesn't suffer from some kind of past trauma. :wink: 

But what's this about half hour episodes? Since when? I only thought they did this with daily dramas. Ack! Two a week? A bit stingy. I just wish they would all go the way of pre-production.

On 1/28/2018 at 7:08 AM, larus said:

Why the need to show us the name of that person? :D Kang Sung Wook? Kang name as Kang In Ho? I bet we`ll hear about this name in the future. Not a coincidence that Dokgo read the ID before gave it back.

Yeah, I thought that scene was kind of awkward, lol.  Clearly we were meant to get his name, but why then?  Or there?  Oh well, I'm sure we'll find out.  :)

The doctor guy who overheard (/was eavesdropping on) the conversation about the fridge is the guy in the lower left corner of the correlation chart, isn't he?  Name is...Kim Jung Soo (apparently, had to look it up).  So I suppose he could be related to Kim Dong Bae and/or Kim So Hyun. 

Or not.  Lots of Kims in Korea, haha.

On 1/28/2018 at 11:40 AM, bebebisous33 said:

She is suffering from amnesia but she doesn't know it. Like I wrote before, I see some parallels between the nightmare (drowning, fire) and the way MJ was killed (drowning and poison).

Oh, amnesia.  Can we not go there?  I guess if we have to have a trope, though...

She does know that there's something she can't remember, though.  When she woke up, she said something like "I can't remember", didn't she?  Or was that in the dream within the dream?  Now I can't remember :wink: About the water though, in the first teaser, there's all that water imagery and the other (?) body by the ocean or something.  Which we have not seen in the drama yet (at least that I recall).  Could be something to do with the "9 years ago" business and/or Ja Hye's own past.  Or both.

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But what's this about half hour episodes? Since when? I only thought they did this with daily dramas. Ack! Two a week? A bit stingy. I just wish they would all go the way of pre-production.

Right?  I don't watch airing shows very often so this is actually my first of these new (ish) 30 minute episode, 2 ep/night dramas too.  It started a few months ago, and only KBS doesn't do it of the big three networks (I think because they're the only true public broadcaster) and it has to do with ads, commercial breaks, and ad revenue.  So SBS does this now.  *shrugs* I don't love it or hate it.  There are no ads for me either way, lol.

Edit:

Oh, I got totally distracted. :D  I came here to post some stills of Bong Tae Gyu from the official site.

f6uMPvL.jpg

Spoiler

NEW stills

DU2_DRPV4AA2cRu.jpg

-----

Go Hyun Jung And Lee Jin Wook Stare Each Other Down In Tense Stand-Off On SBS “Return

Despite getting great ratings and topping rankings, “Return” isn’t planning to rest on its laurels any time soon.

The crime thriller drama continues to ratchet up the tension between its characters in new stills released for an upcoming episode. Go Hyun Jung and Lee Jin Wook have a tense stand-off, with Lee Jin Wook physically backing Go Hyun Jung against the wall. Although she looks surprised at first, her face eventually settles into a cold calm.

Spoiler

Return2.png

go-hyun-jung3-540x357.png

go-hyun-jung-lee-jin-wook2-540x730.png

Go Hyun Jung plays a lawyer from a poor background and the host of the show ‘Return,’ Choi Ja Hye, while Lee Jin Wook plays an obsessive police detective named Dok Go Young. The two of them team up to solve a murder whose suspects live among high society, while hiding their own secrets from one another.

The scene in the new stills was filmed on January 18 in Chuncheon, Gangwon Province. The scene required a lot of quick, precise movements so the two actors rehearsed the physical action carefully before filming began. They also made sure to consult the script and confer about how to make it appear more natural.

The production staff stated, “Even after they decided to pool their information, Choi Ja Hye and Dok Go Young are still on thin ice around each other and so things get tense. After the end of last episode, where we see a new side to Dok Go Young, the relationship between the two of them will change in subtle ways.” Watch preview below:~

cr

On 1/29/2018 at 12:58 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

Only watched like 4-5 ep. and it's been quite an enjoyable watch so far. 

Bangs don't flatter Jahye at all LoL. Her constant one up man ship against Lee Jinwook reminds me of Queen of Mystery. The actress who plays Nara is so pretty, she looks Pan Asian though. Poor her for having to find the truth out the hard way. No wonder that Wine Madam sought her out. I knew it seemed fishy. 

Out of all Nara's husband's friends, Hakbum is the absolute worst followed by Taesook. Joonhee appears to have a conscience(?) overall it's like a whodunit mystery. 

given how nara is super smart.. being youngest to crack bar exam ( i mean lawyers are expected to be observant..its part of practical case studies they do).. so i would wonder if she really didn't know about the kind of men these folks are..

plus still no real answer to why she married this man.. love..i don't think so .. because if her reason (that she could trust this man) were to be true.. this man would have done things to make her trust him (e.g. not asking her to leave her career behind which btw is super respectable career.. and she must have been a legend in the society with her achievements..something in laws would be proud of)

27 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

given how nara is super smart.. being youngest to crack bar exam ( i mean lawyers are expected to be observant..its part of practical case studies they do).. so i would wonder if she really didn't know about the kind of men these folks are..

plus still no real answer to why she married this man.. love..i don't think so .. because if her reason (that she could trust this man) were to be true.. this man would have done things to make her trust him (e.g. not asking her to leave her career behind which btw is super respectable career.. and she must have been a legend in the society with her achievements..something in laws would be proud of)

Agree, as I mentioned on my earlier posts, at this moment all are suspicious, I still put Nara as well as JJ on my list. Somehow I got the women's revenge vibe in this drama.

That's why I like this drama almost all character regardless its significancy can be a suspect, from that other doctor (Dr. Kim?), the Kang's guy who dropped his name tag, JY former partner Mr. Park, DB and his uncle, btw who is his uncle?, I might have missed him on the scenes. Everyone has a story to tell. 

Can't wait for tonite's episode and tomorrow as well. Currently, it is the only drama I watch.

JANG JAE IN – AGAIN (RETURN OST)

Before the sleeping day wakes up
The light of the familiar darkness falls down
At this time, filled with the dawn air
The memories that come are unfamiliar

Spoiler

Like the half-asleep moon from that day
I’m sitting behind a faint ray of light
Only long sighs and tears quietly fall
As I remember that pain

But it’s alright
I won’t be shaken
Even if yesterday’s dawn comes
Even if I have to walk that path again

In the thick loneliness
With these painful scars
Even if I am hidden and you can’t see me
I’m walking again

When the cold light passes by
There’s a single dry flower petal that flies by like it’s dancing
It falls on top of my burnt heart
As it hotly races

The extinguished candle, the remaining breaths
Slowly shine on the stained darkness
Through the small door of the closed heart
It enters again

But it’s alright
I won’t be shaken
Even if yesterday’s dawn comes
Even if I have to walk that path again

Stay right there, stay with me
Even if the faint moonlight shines on me again
I wanna walk again

Thanks to POPGASA

On 1/28/2018 at 12:40 PM, bebebisous33 said:

By the way, their French sounded terrible. I could barely understand them, thanks to the subtitles in English I was able to recognize some words but it was really horrible.  

I agree @bebebisous33.. Their french is horrible. Gong Hyo Ji speaks french way better. Sometime i disagree when they have some of these actors try to speak a language they have never studied. It's like they are butchering the language. :bawling:

On 1/28/2018 at 12:40 PM, bebebisous33 said:

Great insight in your last two posts:wub:: the way MJ was killed could definitely be interpreted that it was done by a woman. JJ is definitely possible, moreover she always acts as if she was somehow clueless. I also felt that TS was somehow attracted by NR: she is beautiful, intelligent, gentle and mature, the total opposite of JJ. 

I agree TS like NR alot , he treats her way nicer than his own wife/girlfriend. I was disgusted when TS's GF/wife slept with his friend while he was just downstairs. We have all seen how violent TS can be and yet he would dare touch his woman. :angry::angry: 

I've been reading everyone's theories with some interest :D and at this stage with the little that we do know, I'm really inclined to think that there is another person yet unknown lurking in the background orchestrating everything with a lot of support.  The theory that I subscribe to at this stage is there exists is a cabal of sorts operating  behind the scenes to highlight the past crimes of these 4 men and Mi Jung. My mind wandered in the direction of The Murder on the Orient Express or something along those lines. It's my least favourite Christie novel but I do love David Suchet's audio book reading of it. :wink:

It would be an fascinating twist if it's someone we already know but right now pulling strings though it's difficult to see how that could be without more information. Of course a lawyer would be well-placed to gather than kind of information but I honestly, really cannot see how Na Ra is part of the plot... none of her reactions are proof of her involvement except as someone who has been unwittingly dragged in to clean up her husband's dirty laundry.

@titania1000 Thanks for the welcome. :) I'm certainly hoping for more interaction and discussion here once the show kicks in and really starts to go deeper into these characters. 

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Of course a lawyer would be well-placed to gather than kind of information but I honestly, really cannot see how Na Ra is part of the plot... none of her reactions are proof of her involvement except as someone who has been unwittingly dragged in to clean up her husband's dirty laundry.

@40somethingahjumma.... Na Ra may apppear to be innocent but what if she has a darker side we have yet to see?

I find it really funny that Na Ra has been so blinded by the love of her husband and not seen his wickedness. All his friends have slipped up a bit in their wickedness. Like when TS’s wife cheated on her husband with his friend while he was downstairs. I am sure she must have seen him be an a******. 

I wonder was NR’s husband the nicest out of all the group of three friends? 

@enigmatic_zephy in fact from ep. 03 onwards I had a suspicion that Nara isn't as naive as she seems~ she reminds me of Bree from Desperate Housewives. Very polished, perfect from the outside but once you get past that, Bree is just a mess as much as the other housewives. Her perfection was just a facade. I can't help but feel Nara's the same. There's more to her than being the loving mom & devoted wife. 

Aish why did they have to kill off Joonhee?! But I guess they needed to keep a narrative going. I too am curious to find out her attraction to Inho. It seem more like a business arrangement. I can't remember but does Nara come from a wealthy family? Maybe she married for status? But she's smart & quite capable as you said so -shrug-

18 hours ago, heyho5502 said:

Agree, as I mentioned on my earlier posts, at this moment all are suspicious, I still put Nara as well as JJ on my list. Somehow I got the women's revenge vibe in this drama.

That's why I like this drama almost all character regardless its significancy can be a suspect, from that other doctor (Dr. Kim?), the Kang's guy who dropped his name tag, JY former partner Mr. Park, DB and his uncle, btw who is his uncle?, I might have missed him on the scenes. Everyone has a story to tell. 

Can't wait for tonite's episode and tomorrow as well. Currently, it is the only drama I watch.

plus i want background story on our female lead..what just happened.. the show synopsis said that she turned into defense lawyer from being prosecutor/ or brought shame on some case.. however over time became famous as tv celebrity lawyer

42 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@enigmatic_zephy in fact from ep. 03 onwards I had a suspicion that Nara isn't as naive as she seems~ she reminds me of Bree from Desperate Housewives. Very polished, perfect from the outside but once you get past that, Bree is just a mess as much as the other housewives. Her perfection was just a facade. I can't help but feel Nara's the same. There's more to her than being the loving mom & devoted wife. 

Aish why did they have to kill off Joonhee?! But I guess they needed to keep a narrative going. I too am curious to find out her attraction to Inho. It seem more like a business arrangement. I can't remember but does Nara come from a wealthy family? Maybe she married for status? But she's smart & quite capable as you said so -shrug-

joonhee died?when?

@UnniSarah I'm not really up to date with the latest (9 and 10) so there might be something I've missed. But I'm just judging Na Ra on what I've seen so far and on the basis of how the scenes are placed. She seems genuinely distressed to find that photo of the boys and Mi Jung as teenagers. Unless the director is playing tricks with us, I can only assume that she only recently found out about the relationship amongst these 5 individuals.

I'm a drama-watching empiricist. :wink: I only comment on the drama by what I see and what it's trying to tell me. It feels to me that we're seeing the unfolding of the backstory of these guys in part through Na Ra's point of view.

That said, I understand why people are sceptical about Na Ra's naivete. It is hard to believe that a woman who was a promising top law graduate could have been so blinded as to miss her husband's infidelity. But the reality is some women do miss those cues for all kinds of reasons particularly if he's running a company, keeps late hours and hangs out with his buddies regularly since the beginning of their married life. She seems to devote a lot of her time and energy to her daughter and keeping their home immaculate. I think those scenes of both of them in bed facing in different directions apparently frustrated says something about the lack of intimacy in their marriage. That part of their relationship seems to be missing and I don't think that he was lying when he said that Mi Jung was a means to meet his needs. I'm not justifying his infidelity, mind you but I don't see that his affair with MJ was about love. For her it might have been but for him... I doubt it. I don't think he would have left Na Ra for her even if all he saw to be was a model wife that gave their family some semblance of stability and normality. He certainly wasn't getting it elsewhere. :D

I don't discount that Na Ra could have a dark side or a seedy background we haven't yet heard about but as far as we've been led to believe, she's only just found out about the relationship amongst the men and MJ. 

Of course there's always the possibility she's suffering from dissociative personality disorder. :wink:

Archived