[Drama 2017-2018] Oh The Mysterious [Also known as Doubtful Victory ] 의문의 일승

Admin

this drama is so thrilling i can't wait for the next episode already guyssss! hopefully ratings will pick up next week since two popular dramas have aired their last episode this week!

some promo videos for the drama! please click the links below! sucha luxurious setting for the vlive! the chemistry between the cast seems great too!

VLIVE

SBS night of real entertainment (subbed)

CULTWO radio show

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, sidetrack abit on Oh Seung Hoon....one of the supporting, the younger guy of the two who were chasing after the male lead.....

Spoiler

26yo. He did a few musicals...then 2 dramas...the other is a small role in Defendant (2017)...but most noted for his leading role in recent movie Method about a senior actor mentoring an idol in a play.

His singing is not bad....he sang the above movie song "Night Like You".

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2017] Oh The Mysterious [Also known as Doubtful Victory ] 의문의 일승 | Yoon Kyung Sang and Jung Hye Sung - Monday and Tuesday @22:00 KST
On 11/29/2017 at 9:06 PM, yoyo_icecube said:

just finished watched this week episodes.. its more exciting than i expected. haha.. anyway, is it just me.. i think YKS looks a little bit chubbier.. (in a cute way of course), is this effect of 3meals aday? ahaha.. but i think he will lose his weight by the end of the drama later.. 

cant wait for the next episode..

Me too.. It is getting interesting now with our lead switching role as a police officer.  (I have expectation he will be better than the other policemen... emphasizing men. :ph34r:

They have some powerful people there since they are able to change the identity in the data base.  

thanks to @stroppyse - checked out the drama though I do confess I fell asleep in the first try as I was super tired. :D  hahahahha.. but am glad I gave a second try because the drama was engaging.

so like @kyunsangtrash said, I couldn't figure out why he cared so much about ttak ji's sister but once you get the backstory, you see why.

@yoyo_icecube ~ he does look chubby. we are so used to the lean athletic hero physique these days that I was a bit taken aback. reminded me of the old kdramas from the 2000s where the male leads were more regular looking. guess the hair cut also adds because his cheeks look fuller??

On 11/29/2017 at 12:07 PM, zagigirl said:

I think she did recognize him...didn't she called him by his name when he ran into her car?Then gave a strange look when she saw cop card...

yea you are right. she did recognize him as she called out his name. but the strange look was probably because he gave her the cop's ID and so she might have been confused till he pointed out the urgency. it happens sometimes -- we see someone and we think they look familiar and then we take a closer look and it is someone else and so for a moment, we are confused. think it was one of those kind of confusions.

@zagigirl ~ yea, I liked the young actor too; sometimes in dramas, the whole first love/connection seems unbelievable but here the actors sold it. even the young actor playing ttak ji did his part well that you understand why jong sam would take such risks. for better or worse ttak ji is his only family and the only one who has been there for him and loves him. so by extension, ttak ji's sister is also a kind of surrogate sister even if he has known about her through details.

the first love/connection feels fresh because jin young isn't someone directly related to his network (was half expecting her to have some connection to ttak ji like it normally happens). instead, she is someone who inspired him indirectly to do better and be better. so it make sense why he remembers her. the question was why does she instantly recognize him? perhaps we will see more flashbacks with the young actors?

in a way, liked how jin young's character is shaped -- it seems she is really ambitious and she drives the other fellas mad. but this isn't one of those "I am going to prove that I am better than a man" kind of scenario but perhaps more related to her financial situation of becoming suddenly poor. neither is her team that prejudiced against her because she is a woman. her boss asked her to share that credit of the drug bust to the other guy only because he has twins and has yet to receive a promotion whereas she already has one. so it feels like they look out for each other. even if she was a man, she won't be popular with them because they find her annoying. kekeke... ^_^  it was nice that she is an accepted member of the team and there is team work actually happening. liked that it was the other police who saw that creepy psycho on the footage and not her. so she isn't some super cop playing rogue.

it was really fun to see that mentor, almost father-ish relationship he had with that detective and so it was bit of a surprise to find out that he disappeared just when jong sam needed him most. so was their whole experience just a setup? was jong sam being used? or was he a casualty of something else mysterious?? my bet is on that prosecutor who just looks shady!

find it interesting that jong sam for all that has happened is relatively content and so is ttak ji. there is no bitter feeling that he was imprisoned wrongly or that his life has been stolen or any of that kind of feelings we normally expect. instead, there was almost a kind of normalcy to their prison life in that we see two fellows who have adjusted so well that prison has become their home. so much so that jong sam returns to prison because there is nowhere to go, no one waiting. made me think that sometimes we are stuck in one place because we are happy there even if we are not really aware of it. so we stay in our little 'prisons' because we have people and connections there. the only one he has is ttak ji and he is in prison and so back he went. so for that sake, hope ttak ji doesn't get killed off and remains a part of jong sam's life -- it would be a real tragedy if he loses the one constant in his life no?

it was also a nice twist that jong sam didn't steal oh il seung's identity. instead, it has been imposed on him. when I initially read the synopsis, it seemed kind of unbelievable but given how they have layered the backstory, it is much more believable that jong sam would be able to impersonate oh il seung. for mysterious reasons, his identity has been swapped in the computer. he was mentored by a cop and even passed the police exam -- so he knows how police behave, operate and also the rules and procedures. so given all that, we won't have to work hard to accept the premise of the drama.

all in all, it was a nice 4 episodes.

did anyone else find the papa john PPL kind of amusing? so eun bi believes she almost got abducted (turns out to be jong sam who was trying to warn her) and how do they reassure her afterwards? there is jin young and another cop and a fellow waitress/server gives pizza on the table for them to eat. hahahahah... guess pizza is reassuring to the wounded soul? :tongue: but no one touches it... so maybe it doesn't work?

then, there is pizza given as treat for exam. jong sam gets taken for his observation exam by his police mentor to papa john where he was to work out what has changed in the last week. jong sam hardly has a bite and he leaves. why? was the pizza no good? hahahahha... how can one leave when there is free pizza being given? kekekeke... ^_^

papa john needs to take lessons from subway PPLs where the folks have to eat at least one bite! :lol:

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

did anyone else find the papa john PPL kind of amusing? so eun bi believes she almost got abducted (turns out to be jong sam who was trying to warn her) and how do they reassure her afterwards? there is jin young and another cop and a fellow waitress/server gives pizza on the table for them to eat. hahahahah... guess pizza is reassuring to the wounded soul? :tongue: but no one touches it... so maybe it doesn't work?

then, there is pizza given as treat for exam. jong sam gets taken for his observation exam by his police mentor to papa john where he was to work out what has changed in the last week. jong sam hardly has a bite and he leaves. why? was the pizza no good? hahahahha... how can one leave when there is free pizza being given? kekekeke... ^_^

papa john needs to take lessons from subway PPLs where the folks have to eat at least one bite! :lol:

i have to say, ikr maybe advertising gone wrong? lol just kidding. and thanks for mentioning about papa john's! i thought i was the only one who noticed ㅋㅋ

1 hour ago, kyunsangtrash said:

i have to say, ikr maybe advertising gone wrong? lol just kidding. and thanks for mentioning about papa john's! i thought i was the only one who noticed ㅋㅋ

kekeke... I like pizza and so I couldn't believe that it was on the table and no one was eating... no one was saying "it is good isn't it?" ..  how can you have a food PPL without someone saying it is yum? . :lol:so yea, advertising gone wrong! hahahahah..

“Oh, The Mysterious” Shares Complicated Character Relationship Chart

Oh-the-Mysterious.jpg

SBS’s new drama “Oh, the Mysterious” has released its character relationship chart after its first week of airing. The chart is to help viewers understand the drama’s plot, as well as the complicated relationships of the characters.

In the chart, Yoon Kyun Sang (playing the role of Kim Jong Sam and Oh Il Seung) and Jung Hye Sung(Jin Jin Young) are connected with red lines and hearts. Their acquaintance goes way back to their childhoods, but the actual story is set twelve years later when Kim Jong Sam appears in front of Jin Jin Young and declares himself to be detective Oh Il Seung. As Kim Jong Sam tries to hide his true identity, Jin Jin Young continues to become suspicious. All eyes are on the two characters to see how their relationship will develop in the future.

The chart shows that Jang Hyun Sung (Kang Chul Gi) and Yoon Kyun Sang have a teacher-student relationship. Kim Jong Sam met detective Kang Chil Gi when he was young and living off stolen goods. Kang Chul Gi took in Kim Jong Sam and taught him to be a spy, but when Kim Jong Sam was sentenced to death, he disappeared.

Yoon Kyun Sang is also connected to Jun Sung Woo (Ddak Ji) as “blood brothers.” Having grown up together, the two men consider themselves brothers although they’re not related by blood.

The characters are largely divided into two groups in the chart with those on the left being part of Hidden Crime Investigation Unit and those on the right part of Yirim Food Company. The Investigation Unit includes Choi Won Young, Kim Hee Won, Jung Hye Sung, Do Ki Suk, and Kang Shin Hyo as detectives with Yoon Kyun Sang expected to join the team shortly. On the other hand, Yirim Food Company is led by Yoon Yoo Sun and supported by Park Sung Geun and Oh Seung Hoon.

Taken from: Soompi

so what did folks think of mondays' episode? haven't gotten around to tuesday's yet but it wasn't bad. we are getting some answers and is it more unbelievable or less? @zagigirl @stroppyse @kyunsangtrash @yoyo_icecube @vivixvi @Yongzura @shizniz00 (if I have missed anyone, sorry)...

so the NIS is involved but it is the shady wing? and the money belongs to the ex-president? and the two guys in black are NIS agents who work for the rogue division (that appears as a private food company??? -- what a cover! food and spies! hahahahhaha....) so the young agent seems disappointed that he is not working for the country but the old agent convinces him that he is getting paid by taxpayer's money. so will he defect at some point and help jong sam maybe? and is this serious rogue division because they don't get any backup like the young agent complains? seems more like an extension of that lady's private unit or something....

that creepy song gil choon was enough to give me the creeps. or was it because I watched it at night. yikes... something about the way, he crinkles his eyes and smiles is really creepy no?

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

so what did folks think of mondays' episode? haven't gotten around to tuesday's yet but it wasn't bad. we are getting some answers and is it more unbelievable or less? @zagigirl @stroppyse @kyunsangtrash @yoyo_icecube @vivixvi @Yongzura @shizniz00 (if I have missed anyone, sorry)...

so the NIS is involved but it is the shady wing? and the money belongs to the ex-president? and the two guys in black are NIS agents who work for the rogue division (that appears as a private food company??? -- what a cover! food and spies! hahahahhaha....) so the young agent seems disappointed that he is not working for the country but the old agent convinces him that he is getting paid by taxpayer's money. so will he defect at some point and help jong sam maybe? and is this serious rogue division because they don't get any backup like the young agent complains? seems more like an extension of that lady's private unit or something....

that creepy song gil choon was enough to give me the creeps. or was it because I watched it at night. yikes... something about the way, he crinkles his eyes and smiles is really creepy no?

Same with yesterday's ep...still unseen...but monday ep was good to me

I think that guys work just for that lady and ex president...both still have some power left and money it seems...i don't like it...ex president acts in front of peple who still loves him and gives him some of support...but he's interesting in money only and he uses that lady (well she's not flower eithert) and guys using money...it might have something to do with sonmebody still at NIS but really hope its just one or 2 rotten individuals

I agree that ex con-'murderer' its quite creepy...really hope he won't manage to kill anyone...that he was just link between faulse agent and our real guy identity...for that girl detective...btw i liked she trusts her guts our guy is boy from herr past...but was he framed for her father's murder???...have to go and see last ep

I love that there is some funny scenes to make balance...and i like main actor...i think he did great so far

Archived