[Drama 2017-2018] Oh The Mysterious [Also known as Doubtful Victory ] 의문의 일승

Admin

SBS Presents

Oh The Mysterious  의문의 일승 / Uimunui Ilseung

Also known as Questionable Start / Doubtful Victory

WE54807052_ori.jpg

Genre: Thriller
Episodes: 40 (30 minutes each back to back)
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2017-Nov-27 to 2018-Jan-??
Air time: Monday & Tuesday at 22:00

Director: Shin Kyung Soo ( Six Flying Dragons, 3 Days, Tree With Deep Roots)
Screenwriter: Lee Hyun Joo (Pride and Prejudice, School 2013)

About the Show

Kim Jong Sam was wrongly accused of a crime and imprisoned, and has spent ten years on death row. He manages to break out of prison and somehow becomes a fake cop using the name Oh Il Seung, then sets out to find a hidden stash of 100 billion won (nearly 100 million dollars) on behalf of criminals who will supply him with a new identity upon receipt. He has three days to find the cash and begin his new life.

Cast

credit : Dramawiki
Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency

Yoon Kyun Sang as Kim Jong Sam/Oh Il Seung (28, officer)
Jung Hye Sung as Jin Jin Young (28, lieutenant)
Kim Hee Won as Park Soo Chil (45, inspector)
Do Ki Suk as Kim Min Pyo (36, sergeant)
Kang Shin Hyo as Kwon Dae Woong (31, officer)
Choi Won Young as Jang Pil Sung (48, senior superintendent)
Im Hyun Sik as Jo Man Suk (60, inspector)
Institute for Future Economics
Jun Gook Hwan as Lee Kwang Ho (65, director)
Kim Young Pil as Ahn Tae Jung (45, lawyer/ex-prosecutor)
Food Company
Yoon Yoo Sun as Gook Soo Ran (50, president director)
Park Sung Geun (박성근) as Kwak Young Jae (43, department head)
Oh Seung Hoon as Ki Myun Joong (27, deputy)
Kim Dong Won (김동원) as Park Kyung (30, violent ex-convict)
Extended Cast
Jang Hyun Sung as Kang Chul Ki (48, ex-detective)
Jun Sung Woo as Ttak Ji/Geum Byul (26)
Kim Da Ye as Cha Eun Bi (21, Ttak Ji's younger sister)
Jun Ik Ryung as Han Cha Kyung (34, Park Soo Chil's wife)
Yoon Bok In as Yoo Kwang Mi (55, Jin Young's mother)
Choi Dae Hoon as Kim Yoon Soo (35, prosecutor)
Moon Woo Jin (문우진) as Han Gang (10, Han Cha Kyung's son)
Jun Noh Min as late Jin Jung Kil (Jin Jin Young's father)

Official Website : SBS

SOOMPI RULES FOR 01.Soompi code of conduct  KDRAMAS | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the posting to the respective companies instead of be report or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.Kdrama.com complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should lately.02.Any01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, 

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

imageproxy.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks LyraYoo. I' m here for Yoon Kyun Sang. He's on my radar after The Rebel. Actually I' m rooting him with somebody else for this drama. But I'm okay with the confirmed leading lady. I think this is her first role as a leading female  in a drama...right? Seen her in Manhole and Blood. She can do both comedy and serious character. 

I also like the drama story plot . Seems interesting. 

14 hours ago, sima158 said:

Thanks LyraYoo. I' m here for Yoon Kyun Sang. He's on my radar after The Rebel. Actually I' m rooting him with somebody else for this drama. But I'm okay with the confirmed leading lady. I think this is her first role as a leading female  in a drama...right? Seen her in Manhole and Blood. She can do both comedy and serious character. 

I also like the drama story plot . Seems interesting. 

He got my attention since Rebel too, lol. I'm here for both, him and Jung Hye Sung. Yes, it's her first time as the leading girl and I can't wait to see how the drama is going to be ! ^_^ 

On 19/10/2017 at 1:57 PM, kyunsangtrash said:

Hello! I'm just curious if Kyunsangie really accepted the role? 'Cos from this Korean fan acct I follow on IG, she said that nothing's been confirmed yet and he's still in talks with the PD and staff, although news say he's already accepted it. Thanks!

really?if indeed he'snot confirmed why many media say he's confirmed. yesterday one of cast 'doubtful victory' posted a pict with uri kyunsangie during the script reading.

@kyunsangtrash @iam_K yes kyunsang is indeed confirmed for this drama. he rejected the other drama offer.

2017102101001514300119081_20171020110545

the supporting cast lineup is also confirmed according to news article released today. amazing veteran actors supporting our two leads! jang hyun sung, choi won young, kim hee won, jeon gook hwan & yoon yoo sun. this drama looks promising! 

4 hours ago, vivixvi said:

@kyunsangtrash @iam_K yes kyunsang is indeed confirmed for this drama. he rejected the other drama offer.

the supporting cast lineup is also confirmed according to news article released today. amazing veteran actors supporting our two leads! jang hyun sung, choi won young, kim hee won, jeon gook hwan & yoon yoo sun. this drama looks promising! 

Wow...superb and amazing veteran for supporting cast lineup. This drama is in the safe hand. Just look at who is the producer and the scripwriter. No wonder kyun sang rejected another drama offer.

Hopefully kyun sang a bit slimmer than his hong gil dong body size. By looking at him enjoying foods in 3 meals a day...he needs to get back to gym seriously. I love his slender shape in pinnochio.

17 hours ago, vivixvi said:

Yeah, I saw this article as well. Thanks for the info! I'm so excited for his new drama. We'll get to see Kyunsang this whole year! From Rebel and 3MAD to this!! Haha ♥

• 3 weeks later...

According the trailer, the name Yoon Kyun Sang 's chacter is not Oh Il Seung, actually it's name of the body he found when runaway from prison, and this is reason how he become a policeman. The plot seems interesting, i can't wait to see it.

On 11/17/2017 at 2:42 PM, hugo10 said:

According the trailer, the name Yoon Kyun Sang 's chacter is not Oh Il Seung, actually it's name of the body he found when runaway from prison, and this is reason how he become a policeman. The plot seems interesting, i can't wait to see it.

You're right! His real name in this drama would be Kim Jong Sam! Ooooh, it really is getting more interesting~

17 hours ago, kyunsangtrash said:

You're right! His real name in this drama would be Kim Jong Sam! Ooooh, it really is getting more interesting~

And that will be a double-trouble, he must deal with the gangster who think "Oh Il Seung" still alive and find the real culpit who framed him for murder. And the teaser 3 shows Oh Il Seung and Kim Jong Sam both play by YKS.

Yoon Kyun-sang's origin story revealed for Doubtful Victory

ilseungie3.jpg

These comic-book-style posters for SBS’s Doubtful Victory are strangely appealing. In the newly released teaser, we get to find out a little bit more about the origin story of Yoon Kyun-sang’s (Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People) character, a fake police detective who hunts down real criminals. Yoon Kyun-sang plays an innocent death row convict who somehow escapes prison and takes on the identity of Oh Il-seung, a fake detective, and begins taking down the worst of all criminals in the community.

We get a glimpse of that premise in Yoon Kyun-sang’s solo poster, above, which shows the prison uniform underneath his police uniform. In the sassy poster where Jung Hye-sung (Manhole) has handcuffed Yoon Kyun-sang to herself, she asks, “Thief? Death Row Convict? Fake Detective? What’s your real identity??” She plays a “my-way-or-the-highway”-type of cop who is also very skilled at her work.

Then in the group poster, Yoon aims a gun as the caption says: “We came to catch the real bad guys.” In addition to the two leads, there is also Kim Hee-won (This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair), the friendly ajusshi investigator on the police force; Yoon Yoo-sun (Rescue Me), showing off her mature charisma as a coldly logical strategist; and the master of seeing through cons and an opportunist himself, Choi Won-young (Mad Dog). But it looks like Jang Hyun-sung (While You Were Sleeping) might have the biggest role in how Yoon Kyun-sang goes from prisoner to police.

Spoiler

In the teaser, we see the main character as a teenager, climbing through windows and running through the streets, having apparently stolen something. He’s caught by Jang Hyun-sung, a police detective, and they establish a bond; it seems that somehow Jang Hyun-sung recruits Yoon Kyun-sang into becoming an informant. Then something goes wrong, and Yoon Kyun-sang’s childhood friend is beaten bloody.

Years later he’s in jail, enduring abuse from the prison guards. Despite it all, he says he’s forgotten the past, but another prisoner yells that he must remember that he has been framed. He’s taken out by some people who try to kill him and make it look like a suicide, after dressing him up as a detective. Cornered in an alley by Jang Hyun-sung, he asks why he’s doing this, and Jang replies, “Can’t you see? I came to save you.”

Then Yoon Kyun-sang is thrown underwater with a heavy weight attached to his body, as Yoon Yoo-sun’s voice says that they must finish the job quickly. He finally gets a second chance at life, but Jung Hye-sung confronts him after having glimmers of suspicion about his real identity. Ooh, I like the complicated backstory of Yoon Kyun-sang’s past, and I’m really digging the shadowy powerful force that Yoon Yoo-sun represents.

ilseungie6.jpg

ilseungie8.jpg

Spoiler

ilseungie2.jpg

ilseungie1.jpg

ilseungie4.jpg

ilseungie5.jpg

ilseungie7.jpg

ilseungie9.jpg

ilseungie10.jpg

The premiere date for SBS Monday-Tuesday drama Doubtful Victory is November 27.

Via Dbeans

Archived