Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Beyond Light Years 初遇在光年之外

No one has been posting anything here since nearly a year ago? I just chanced upon the show and is nearly halfway there. Apart from both being in set in a University and both revolve around gaming, I find this show and Love O2O very different.

• Dialogue wise, LO2O is way more hilarious (at least among the few male dorm mates).
  • Acting wise, neither is excellent but BLY feels more believable, though there’s still room for improvement in the emotive department, while for LO2O, both leads totally can’t act to save their lives (the 6 dorm mates of both leads acted way better), but Yang Yang’s good looks saved the show.
  • Game scenes wise, LO2O has pretty good CGI and beautiful scenery (a Chinese period fantasy drama feel) while BLY has more interesting NPC (a European medieval period feel).
  • Music wise, LO2O has a few catchy songs, and they even have one special “period Chinese feel” song that’s for the game itself but BLY’s songs...even the theme feels forgettable.

Have to admit I was quite excited to see the university location scenes because I have visited the university once for an event and saw some of the areas featured, so it feels quite cool to see them on TV but with Chinese actors hanging around.

Will continue to watch on. Although the “budding” relationship between Xiao Ci and Chen Yu isn’t very well developed till now (Ep. 16), the two do look quite good together. His game handle is kinda weird though...全金属雪糕 i.e. All Metallic Ice Cream...errmmm....

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2019 at 4:12 PM, chubbz said:

Will continue to watch on. Although the “budding” relationship between Xiao Ci and Chen Yu isn’t very well developed till now (Ep. 16), the two do look quite good together. His game handle is kinda weird though...全金属雪糕 i.e. All Metallic Ice Cream...errmmm....

they look good together....however i dont like the ending :/ 

I got bored a few episodes down and skipped to the end after reading recaps. I dislike the ending too...neither here nor there. It's like they couldn't decide what to do with the love line...

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 9:49 PM, chubbz said:

I got bored a few episodes down and skipped to the end after reading recaps. I dislike the ending too...neither here nor there. It's like they couldn't decide what to do with the love line...

exactly.....i mean they start the story off nicely....however they kinda just simply dump the ending there