Broadcast Period: 31st Jan 2018

Cast:

Chen Ruo Xuan ( 陈若轩) as Lu YuChen (陆宇辰)

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Josie Xu Jiao (徐娇) as Xia XiaoCi (夏小词)

Image may contain: 1 person, closeup and text

Zhu Ran (朱然) as ZhenXing (甄行)

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Jeremy Zhang Chen (张宸) as Han GuoLun (韩国伦)

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Chao Ran (晁然) as Mao XiaoLin (莫筱琳)

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text

Eva Zhang Yi ( 张怡) as Pan Qi (潘琪)

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Tian Yi Tong (田一彤) as ZhenLei (甄磊)

Image may contain: 1 person

Synopsis:

The story revolves around a computing major named Li Yu Chen who is adept at solving problems using probability. He is extremely intelligent, kind-hearted and helpful but he comes off a bit uncaring and cold. He meets Xia Xiao Ci, a cheerful girl from an ordinary family and they start out with an immediate dislike for each other.
(Source: DramaPanda)

in Mandarin

Spoiler

燕青大学计算机系的精英学生陆宇辰,智商很高,擅长用分析推理解决各种问题,内心善良乐于助人,但表面上总是一副不爱社交冷淡的样子。大一新生游戏菜鸟夏小词因为一场“意外”和陆宇辰相遇,和宇辰的性格不同,小词出身在一个温暖的普通家庭,但一家人都很知足快乐。虽然初识的误会令性格相反的两人互相讨厌,而横跨现实和游戏的冒险中,陆宇辰渐渐被小词温暖的性格感染,渐渐敞开心扉喜欢上她变得开朗阳光,也开始面对内心真实的自我。小词也在和宇辰的互动中成长。身边的同学和团队也被宇辰带动和感染不再是一团散沙。在继父的鼓励下,宇辰决定去寻找自己真正喜欢的东西,勇敢面对真实的自我,小词用自己的能力拯救了家里的面包店并发表了自己的小说。两人在努力实现梦想的同时也收获了亲情友情和爱情

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Beyond Light Years 初遇在光年之外 Raw Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

On 1/31/2018 at 7:51 PM, angelangie said:

i did hear ppl said it was the same story lines but i didnt pick Love O2O as ZhengShuang is not in my list of must watch artist :x

Yeah she has the same expression in every single ep. 

How do you like this drama so far/? 

19 hours ago, angelangie said:

however Beyond is getting to annoy me a little at this stage cause i hate to see the XiaoCi with ChenXing most of the times and YuChen is not making much moves right now.....though it is pretty obvious that he was the one who did most of the helping from behind.....

This was my fear. We have a month for all the episodes to come out but based on the ending credits it seems like Xiao Ci is with Chen Xing for a significant amount of time in terms of interactions and possibly dating, and a love triangle is a huge part. I don't like love triangles and I can only tolerate them if I can binge it in one go. It is only exacerbated if there isn't enough involvement/moments from our main lead.

His father disappearance and occupation/hobby/dream are similar to Hunter X Hunter... a well celebrated big anime title. The series also reminds me of Twilight... yea that Twilight with Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson in it... 2 young fresh faces. I don't think this series will surpass Love O2O.

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Beyond Light Years 初遇在光年之外
  • 3 months later...

No one has been posting anything here since nearly a year ago? I just chanced upon the show and is nearly halfway there. Apart from both being in set in a University and both revolve around gaming, I find this show and Love O2O very different.

• Dialogue wise, LO2O is way more hilarious (at least among the few male dorm mates).
  • Acting wise, neither is excellent but BLY feels more believable, though there’s still room for improvement in the emotive department, while for LO2O, both leads totally can’t act to save their lives (the 6 dorm mates of both leads acted way better), but Yang Yang’s good looks saved the show.
  • Game scenes wise, LO2O has pretty good CGI and beautiful scenery (a Chinese period fantasy drama feel) while BLY has more interesting NPC (a European medieval period feel).
  • Music wise, LO2O has a few catchy songs, and they even have one special “period Chinese feel” song that’s for the game itself but BLY’s songs...even the theme feels forgettable.

Have to admit I was quite excited to see the university location scenes because I have visited the university once for an event and saw some of the areas featured, so it feels quite cool to see them on TV but with Chinese actors hanging around.

Will continue to watch on. Although the “budding” relationship between Xiao Ci and Chen Yu isn’t very well developed till now (Ep. 16), the two do look quite good together. His game handle is kinda weird though...全金属雪糕 i.e. All Metallic Ice Cream...errmmm....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived