Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
angelangie

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Under the Power 锦衣之下

Don't you miss it...that LuYi actually heard JinXia saying she will like to eat him :D hahahahhaa

and how JinXia went into shock :D 

1vQjkmemri1hkufd0XZW9hWPY-45nqQJqTkZiSl6

oMYWO0k787Nf3sR8K8m56jzWr5bZ6vDgpnwsqX5W

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

LuYi told JinXia: I can let him step on me, however I can't stand it to let him hurt you even one little bit

i think forever everyone will remember this :) 

Cr: as tagged

EfH-mmKEAdAEBJp0T_-JpyKsb5WAR90vyfF8lydJ

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, FantasyDweller said:

I have no idea why this drama is famous. I just dont like the lead actress in this drama. she is good for support role.

everyone have different tastes :) 

u dont like her however to most of us here, she is the best pick for JinXia :) not to mention the whole cast is very well pick 

JiaLun as LuYi cannot find another person to replaced him either and Xiao GeLao the antagonist that is so cute everyone is loving him despite him being the evil one in this series :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

Under the Power remain in Top 2 for Feb/18 rating :D 

1. iPartments 5

2. Under the Power

3. PB

7y1eDQ1xpz7uKDA-2LLslvSVTODiIILgBm_GgFbG

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

sigh i had always thought they will change and will not kill off Priest Lan, i guess i'm wrong :(  he is what a true friend will be

Priest Lam: I'm willing to be your bait and help you paving out the way for you Brother Lu

k8UPxtGCaW4Fiiw0wTMb5YmnvXO5c9C_bTDyagrQ

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FantasyDweller said:

I have no idea why this drama is famous. I just dont like the lead actress in this drama.

Please take this kindly because I don't want to alienate you from posting.  How much of the drama have you watched?  I am trying to find out how much you have seen so I can see where you are coming from.  If you just judge it based on the lead actress and what you have seen of her then maybe you just have something against her which most people don't and it prevents you from enjoying her work.  I understand that can happen for some people but that is just something personal and it doesn't mean others can't find the actor or actress's work to be enjoyable and even remarkable. I never saw any of the lead actress's work but I have only heard good things about her acting so I knew she was going to be good.  It was the lead actor that I had reservation about before watching the series.  I saw a clip of the drama he starred with Yang Zi and thought he looked rather unremarkable but the trailer I saw of him for this drama made me think maybe I was too rash to disregard his potential just based on his look in the Yang Zi costarring drama and it would be worth checking the series out because the trailer looked interesting and the leads looked good together.  I am very glad I did not let my initial impression of the male lead keep me from giving the drama a try.  A drama can become famous for many a reason but unless we see it or read the viewers' opinion, we won't understand it.  For example, I know the series The Untamed is very popular and from what I have seen of the two leads who are now very popular from that series, I don't know why it is so popular since I can't imagine the acting of those two to be that good.  However, I would never be so bold as to pose that question to those who like the series since I haven't watch it to have a good opinion or critique of it.  Anyway, that's just my two cents so I hope you can post again to help us understand your view better.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, BluePinkyrose said:

It's nice to hear Jialun calling Songyun her real name 'Jingjing':P. Also he's a teaser:lol:

hahahah....yea and SongYun scold him by disturbing him and called him 'GuoZhao' :D 

• LOL 2

7 hours ago, FantasyDweller said:

I have no idea why this drama is famous. I just dont like the lead actress in this drama. she is good for support role.

As Someone here said before, Jia lun & Song Yun aren't good looking actor and actress but I think they are best cast for YiXia' role. Their chemistry and good acting in the whole drama make them looks flawless.

No need to like the actor and actress itself, just see the whole drama and u know that both of them are best portrait of Yixia. Well  a lot good artist can be Yixia' Cast but the feeling u feel when u saw them definitly will be different 

Actually I have seen both of Jialun & SongYun Dramas. Actually it seems their acting improve a lot in this drama especially for SongYun. 

Well this is just my opinion, different people different though

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 2/17/2020 at 8:44 PM, mspilgrims said:

I'm with you on this. Sometimes while watching the show I know that there are too many clichés, some scenes are very badly executed (f.i. all the underwater scenes), the CG is terrible... Then our ML and FL appear and I forgot all the flaws since they are portraying their characters so well.

Some of their interactions really lack a kiss though, like when he comes back during the battle in time to save the day. Let's say the normal reaction for a couple would be to hug and kiss but we can't have it all I guess!

Oh gosh the underwater scenes and CGs are indeed horrible! Well, if only they had a greater budget..

However, I very much adore the music.  I find them to be very well made and presented, just like TMOPB or Love and Destiny and Story of Ming Lan.

The color palette of the whole drama is lovely to look at. The costumes are not overly extravagant, however, they work out well.

Can someone please enlighten me on the name Lu Shisan? Is there anything significant in it? I remember that in Love and Destiny it is actually a girl's name, isn't it?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HopelesslyHooked said:

Can someone please enlighten me on the name Lu Shisan? Is there anything significant in it? I remember that in Love and Destiny it is actually a girl's name, isn't it?

actually Lu ShiShan in 'L&D' is actually a merman where they will only choose their sex once they find the person of their love....

ShiShan in L&D turn and change into girl as she fall in love with SiMing

2 hours ago, HopelesslyHooked said:

Oh gosh the underwater scenes and CGs are indeed horrible! Well, if only they had a greater budget..

I only just started watching and haven’t got to this part but from his past works by the same director (Glory of Tang Dynasty and Destiny of White Snake), I expect the CGI to be similar in standards.

Although I like Allen, I’m finding myself distracted by the way his cape seems too heavy and kind of affects his posture when he walks. In general, I feel the costumes here don’t fit as well as the ones he had in Glory of Tang Dynasty. I guess I’ve been spoiled by the superb tailoring and beautiful postures in Royal Nirvana. This drama was obviously not as well funded and could not pay as much attention to the details. The case they are investigating doesn’t seem very interesting. I guess I need to watch a few more episodes.

• Like 2

so some fans notice this when they were running and how LuYi and JinXia need to jump from the cliff to safe themselves from the Japanese.....hehehhee :D 

cr: as tagged

ITv-N5UvSqF9HeUjIe9hvl6JSUKu1Z7sllwIzlC_

9ZTotSWFk1sTEcUdDarMJrBN_jH6a1GwBMJ8GVNc

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

5 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

I only just started watching and haven’t got to this part but from his past works by the same director (Glory of Tang Dynasty and Destiny of White Snake), I expect the CGI to be similar in standards.

Although I like Allen, I’m finding myself distracted by the way his cape seems too heavy and kind of affects his posture when he walks. In general, I feel the costumes here don’t fit as well as the ones he had in Glory of Tang Dynasty. I guess I’ve been spoiled by the superb tailoring and beautiful postures in Royal Nirvana. This drama was obviously not as well funded and could not pay as much attention to the details. The case they are investigating doesn’t seem very interesting. I guess I need to watch a few more episodes.

I was like you in the beginning since I was coming from the superb Royal Nirvana. Then, I don't know how, I started to like this drama a lot, mainly because of the acting, the funny and light moments and the sweet interactions between the ML and FL. My suggestion is to wait until ep. 13/14 before you drop it. At that moment, if you're still not in, this is not the drama for you!

• Like 4

@bluehibiscus Sorry, I did not recognize you at first! You are the kind soul who provided us with very good translations and explanations about the most crucial parts in Royal Nirvana. It's very nice to read you again! 

Under the Power is a very different and light-hearted drama, not comparable in the least with RN. Still they made my heart flutter but I am fond of romantic stories. The series has many flaws, it is not that profound but I love it anyway!

• Like 4

Adakah yang bisa menjelaskan di episode 44, leher (Hickey) jinxia digigit nyamuk atau Luyi? Karena saya pikir jinxia sangat naif : D

Translations by angelangie (do amend if  it is wrong): is the poison being cure in episode 44, JinXia got bitten by mosquito or LuYi? because i think JinXia is pretty naive

• Like 1