Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
angelangie

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Under the Power 锦衣之下

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, lizzieyen said:

I beg to differ that LuYi was very certain that JX was deeply in love with him by the time he confessed

I happened to just rewatch episode 26 recently and in it, JX was peeling the fruit for LY to eat while he was looking at some books to investigate stuff.   Even XX noticed that she is going out of her way to take care of LuYi while he doesn't get any such considerate treatment.  He got mad and asked her afterwards if she was in love with LY because that's all she has in her eyes and heart.  She got all flustered and denied it saying hat he was her boss and out of her reach and went on the offensive to turn the topic back to how XX should treat ShangGuan.  I think if XX noticed JX's feeling towards LY, then LY should be certain, especially after she drunkenly confessed how she kissed him the first time and how she looked all disappointed when he denied being the one to give her the hairpin.  There was just too many clues to her true feelings for him by the time he made that possessive confession of his feeling:D.

 

btw, I made progress on the book and got to chapter 4.  Her love for money is a great source of humor in the book too.

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yueyyo said:

btw, I made progress on the book and got to chapter 4.  Her love for money is a great source of humor in the book too.

 

i finished off the books :D and yes we can see there are many dialogue that the drama adapted is actually from the book, they just twit a little on the setting :D 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yueyyo said:

I happened to just rewatch episode 26 recently and in it, JX was peeling the fruit for LY to eat while he was looking at some books to investigate stuff.   Even XX noticed that she is going out of her way to take care of LuYi while he doesn't get any such considerate treatment.  He got mad and asked her afterwards if she was in love with LY because that's all she has in her eyes and heart.  She got all flustered and denied it saying hat he was her boss and out of her reach and went on the offensive to turn the topic back to how XX should treat ShangGuan.  I think if XX noticed JX's feeling towards LY, then LY should be certain, especially after she drunkenly confessed how she kissed him the first time and how she looked all disappointed when he denied being the one to give her the hairpin.  There was just too many clues to her true feelings for him by the time he made that possessive confession of his feeling:D.

 

btw, I made progress on the book and got to chapter 4.  Her love for money is a great source of humor in the book too.

 

True that. But I thought that she was just attracted to him and subconsciously doing things to please LuYi. But she is also always "serving" him because he is Da Ren. Even when she made the meal for him, her immediate reaction was to not eat together but to stand by and serve him because of the difference in their status. From the beginning, JX does try to curry favour with LuYi (although she may roll her eyes behind him) even when she was not romantically interested in him. 

 

Actually I thought that LuYi was going to say something romantic to JX to test the water after he regained his 22 year old consciousness while he was standing at the balcony and she came behind him and complimented him. It was the perfect moment (and by that time he was already in love with her) but then, someone died so it was back to business!

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lizzieyen said:

 

True that. But I thought that she was just attracted to him and subconsciously doing things to please LuYi. But she is also always "serving" him because he is Da Ren. Even when she made the meal for him, her immediate reaction was to not eat together but to stand by and serve him because of the difference in their status. From the beginning, JX does try to curry favour with LuYi (although she may roll her eyes behind him) even when she was not romantically interested in him. 

 

Actually I thought that LuYi was going to say something romantic to JX to test the water after he regained his 22 year old consciousness while he was standing at the balcony and she came behind him and complimented him. It was the perfect moment (and by that time he was already in love with her) but then, someone died so it was back to business!

 

 

well her SiFu always told her and YangYue to treat LuYi with the upmost respect and they should be careful how they acted or talk in front him, JinXia might be reckless and rash at times however she always respected her SiFu and tried to listen to her SiFu most of the times :D 

 

well he did one thing, he did return the bracelet and wear it for her telling her under any circumstances she should take off that thing....without his permission of course....unfortunately when she first take out the bracelet it is under his very own instructions :D ...**ahem** the 13 years old him :D 

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lizzieyen said:

@40somethingahjumma  love your analysis! i recall we have met in another discussion but cant remember which one now. 

 

However, I beg to differ that LuYi was very certain that JX was deeply in love with him by the time he confessed is his LY way after the bride-snatch. My interpretation was that he was very certain that he is in love with her - and i think that was when he kissed her forehead after he gave her his wristlet to stop her from dying. Prior to that, he was intrigued (how can someone clearly not as educated as him come to same conclusion as him as they arrived at the same place in the early investigations despite investigating separately), bewildered (how can someone who plays the guzhen so well be uncouth/money-minded in other ways) , attracted (culminated on YSF's boat when he fed her noodles and reflected that perhaps not everything on this awful boat is repellant - probably that was when he looked at her like a female as they had a few Moonlighting encounters prior to that), possessive/like (when he told XX that perhaps he can be responsible for her - it was really his subconscious talking as he was not even looking at JX when he said that) BUT he was not very certain that she was in love with him. I actually liked that JX could sacrifice herself for him (without her liking him) because I think that's what a loyal subordinate would do as he had also saved her many times - and bearing in mind, she did regret it after - its just that she didn't blame him. Shows that JX is not just a lady-in-love, she is also a female constable - a Ming Dynasty working lady who took her job as seriously as her personal life. 

 

Probably in Princess Agents, I'd imagine. (Still one of the most disappointing C dramas... so much potential... so incomplete) I was most active in that thread. Or NiF 2. :) Or Legend of Yunxi. 

 

It's not a deal breaker for me... whether or not LY was sure about JX's feelings for him before he made his big confession... :D although I am reasonably sure he was because this is the kind of man he is. He never says or does anything unless he is sure that everything is within his grasp. ;) That is something we see in his professional life and it spills over into everything else, I expect. He never moved against the Yan family despite knowing their misdeeds because he knows their stranglehold on power in the capital and beyond. Besides, Yan Shifan is one clever man.

 

The other thing that clues me in on thinking that JX was already falling for him is how she is with him compared to how she treats other men in her life. Yes, she's a lovable kid and very charming... everyone loves her eventually but there's no mistaking how in awe she is of him. Unlike their early encounters, her attitude towards him eventually changes 180 degrees. She cares about Xie Xiao and Da Yang, pals around with them like siblings but with him, it's something completely different. It's open deference, awe and respect. I thought it was interesting that when they got out of that sacrificial well under the Long Dan village, she said to him afterwards, "Da Ren... you're so intelligent." like a fangirl. Which he follows up by saying, "You've only just realised it?"

 

Of course it might not mean anything... just my hypothesis... and Lu Yi is just arrogant in thinking that it's all in the bag because he's the best candidate around. He wouldn't be wrong at that to be honest. ;)

 

Ultimately I buy into the romance because I'm a sucker for the slowburn. :D Honestly there are few things that give me more pleasure from dramas than watching the tsundere male fall bit by bit for the female lead.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, angelangie said:

@pad-hari are you picking this drama up? :D come come n join us in the crazy rides :D 

Yeah, I am right here after picking up this drama without any great expectations,(same goes for JOY OF LIFE) and wow!!!!! I don't have words to explain how excellent this drama is.  I finished off all the 36 ep. Subbed in 4 days (as somebody said-had to sacrifice my sleep, hehe) and also to mention the pleasure of reading the thread from the start.  You get an idea of what's going on rather than asking same old questions.  thanks for all the insightful posts and translating the extra portion for us.  This is the first time I am watching RJL and wow he is really good.  I have always loved seven tan after I watched her in WITH YOU.  She is so cute and petite not only in the drama but also in RL.  Excellent pairing and chemistry. 

I am disappointed with the kissingscenes actually.  But since the plot was moving fast and the interactions between the leads were good, I did not feel bad.  will have to wait for the rest of the subbed episodes and  angsty episodes to finish so that I 'll finish off everything in one go now that I know the ending.:P

  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Yeah, I am right here after picking up this drama without any great expectations,(same goes for JOY OF LIFE) and wow!!!!! I don't have words to explain how excellent this drama is.  I finished off all the 36 ep. Subbed in 4 days (as somebody said-had to sacrifice my sleep, hehe) and also to mention the pleasure of reading the thread from the start.  You get an idea of what's going on rather than asking same old questions.  thanks for all the insightful posts and translating the extra portion for us.  This is the first time I am watching RJL and wow he is really good.  I have always loved seven tan after I watched her in WITH YOU.  She is so cute and petite not only in the drama but also in RL.  Excellent pairing and chemistry. 

I am disappointed with the kissingscenes actually.  But since the plot was moving fast and the interactions between the leads were good, I did not feel bad.  will have to wait for the rest of the subbed episodes and  angsty episodes to finish so that I 'll finish off everything in one go now that I know the ending.:P

 

lols dont worry as this is also the first times i actually so enthrall by the story that i went to bought the book to read on it 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i knew i shouldnt have bite the bullet however i cant wait any more and i started the roll......darn....JinXia really have me crying again ><"

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OnWow guys finally I watched 49 and 50.:tears:

Spoiler

1. Jin Xia is so much heartbroken but she handles it maturely. She starred longingly at Lu Yi at Yan Manor, received help from Lu Yi got scolded by him but still managed to put herself together. She replied with gratitude and excused herself immediately. Although I think she didn't hear whatever things Lu Yi said to her because her mind was so full of their sweet memories. I like this kind of FL so much, she knows she had to focus on her newfound family.

 

2. Dr. Lin got kidnapped again!!! What??? This had happened for N times and by the same man. Should she be alarmed or something?? Hello, Dr Lin you are in capital city which is basically Yan Shi Fan playground. Anyway, I know it's just for plot purpose but I kinda tired. 

 

3. Despite mellow atmosphere, we can still get laugh when Xie Xiao got ignored when Yang Yue met Shang Guan Xi. I loved that Yang Yue cool towards Lu Yi. I think he knows that there's more to the break up and he comes to Lu Yi when Jin Xia gone missing.

 

4. Love Madame Yuan coming to Jin Yi Wei HQ and confront Lu Yi. She just doesn't give a damn how scary they are. Don't you think about messing with my daughter and going on without a scratch. 

 

5. Last but not least Lu Yi still get his head on how to bring down the Yans. His protective instinct appears immediately once Jin Xia is in danger. 

I'm sad to see he swallowed everything alone but he just deserve it. Who told you to end the relationship just like that.

 

That's all from me. Can't wait for tomorrow so we can see Jin Xia get the truth about EVERYTHING.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes we should have a happy camp episode on JinXia N LuYi hahaha just they yet to release it, it seems :) 

 

HoW2vmw3SgXkx4h9rGJ1SYEDdH7nk3Kn2EyqIbMY

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, angelangie said:

yes we should have a happy camp episode on JinXia N LuYi hahaha just they yet to release it, it seems :) 

 

 

Happy Camp Yayyyy

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, graceeedwardmom said:

OnWow guys finally I watched 49 and 50.:tears:

  Reveal hidden contents

That's all from me. Can't wait for tomorrow so we can see Jin Xia get the truth about EVERYTHING.

 

i cried for them sighhhhhhhhhhhhh...........i should have stop myself however i cant wait!! ><"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok i want to talk about some sweet moments....so im jumping about with no real sequence :D 

 

i know this is LuYi at his 8 years old conscious however i couldnt help but look at how nice they look together :D usually we have the girl who appear to be hugging the guy, however in here we have LuYi who in turn hugging JinXia hahaha.....after all he is just 8 years old right? :D 

 

UVQ3t__o7IGNU9J_fPdxIf8PiCM1dB-kFAdLjW7K

  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so this is the part when they were in bed together hahaha of course Yan ShiFan is the culprit that out OTP get to share the bed :D however when LuYi first came into the room he was really feeling bothersome about it till he flip the blanket and found JinXia is the person on the bed :D 

 

aLqkqmnPaXWqeoFTp0_CJxLjMG2H2kAj6N1O97ly

 

**ahem** and the next thing we knew.....he turn his expression this way hahahahaha i mean his smirk is really really of a cat that got the cream after all :D 

 

gif cr: as tagged

fODIJQlFv8Cp-RNguZ12H-kW7bSyghWuTlNs9pV1

  • Like 1
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen also cant help and NG during the match making session when he laid his eyes on JinXia :D 

 

 

  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, angelangie said:

so this is the part when they were in bed together hahaha of course Yan ShiFan is the culprit that out OTP get to share the bed :D however when LuYi first came into the room he was really feeling bothersome about it till he flip the blanket and found JinXia is the person on the bed :D 

I thought it was His worried about jinxia. Yan shi fan well known as a beauty hunter at the drama. 

 

Jin xia & Luyi First kiss was on the top of roof? Or in the ship when Luyi trick Yan shi fan?

 

I kinda sad this drama will end soon, Miss the adventure & chemistry. 

Dont u guys think their face quite similar? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ship them a lot but gotta get this gutter thought out of my head. lol Gotta remind myself every time that he’s a married man, and father too. :bawling:  But it’s whatever. As long as I get to see more of them onscreen again in the near future then I’m good. lol And yesss!! I’m so glad they’re going to appear on an episode of happy camp! I hope we get a lot of scenes of them. Can’t wait to see it! 
 

I watched today’s episodes and my heart break so much for our dear JX. I love how strong she can be even when she’s breaking on the inside. Her cry scene during the fireworks with XX was heartbreaking. My poor girl. And it looks like we’re in for more tears tomorrow, again. lol My poor LuYi is probably feeling like he’s suffering alone in the next episodes after his *ahem* passes away. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, AgnesLi said:

Jin xia & Luyi First kiss was on the top of roof? Or in the ship when Luyi trick Yan shi fan?

In the drama, I think it was when Jin Xia was mouth feeding the medicine to Lu Yi. 

 

26 minutes ago, rose_loves_ice said:

I ship them a lot but gotta get this gutter thought out of my head. lol Gotta remind myself every time that he’s a married man, and father too. :bawling: 

Oh gosh... I thought it was just me!! >.< Had to keep reminding myself that he's married and a father to 1 child!!! Like you, I hope I can see them act together again in the future. They have such great chemistry that it'd be a pity if they don't do anything to it... C-Drama producers, directors!! pleaseeeeeee :bawling:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I been watching without subtitles for the most part but something is telling me that these episodes are very important to the plot can someone explain what happened if u have time thanks 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...