Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Under the Power 锦衣之下


Recommended Posts

I don't if it's just me but i tried watching all his other dramas and his face, costumes and stuff doesn't fit him, maybe it is because I watched UTP first. His face is like a baby in Glory of Tang :o

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, thank you for all the insightful comments!  I loved reading everyone's interpretations on when Lu Yi and Jin Xia fell in love.   My personal take - I don't think that it happened at a

I tried to translate the chapter with the proposal....I hope you understand my english (sorry)!   When LuYi came to YinXin’s house to propose for marriage, she was more excited than him.

I love the women in this show. It's one of the great strengths of this drama. More than the men, they feel so real and relatable. Even when they're physically weaker on some level, they make the tough

2 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I don't if it's just me but i tried watching all his other dramas and his face, costumes and stuff doesn't fit him, maybe it is because I watched UTP first. His face is like a baby in Glory of Tang :o

So sorry...I got mixed up...it was destiny of snake English subbed on YouTube......

 

in under power his weight gain made him look more mature..not that he was chubby....plus in glory of tang was probably 4 years ago...so he was younger. just that it was warehoused and came out late....I feel bad for him...his acting was so praised in glory of tang but moment he announced he married and have child....his popularity sunk and then almost all his drama warehoused.....he was lucky under  power was Broadcasted....good grief...people don’t know what they missing 

 

Allen is one of those actors first see him i don’t find him handsome but his acting grows on you...that he becomes handsome....so as I watched the whole series in glory he became outstandingly handsome.....

 

I searched online for English sub and found a website yet when u click on it it’s so spammy so I afraid virus.....

 

His acting was excellent and actually more mutilfacet .in glory of tang...in underpower he was  a cool brooding guy.....in glory of tang so love stricken yet smart.....I cried with him in glory of tang...when he thought she died...or when he begged her not to divorce leave him..and the ending....under power eye contact was great but I felt the character storyline was less “broad” he had less space to amplify his acting skills (there was minimal crying scenes)...although my favorite is when he was an 8 and 12 year old.......so funny.....

 

@mspilgrims....i really hope u  get to watch.....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, I saw that rumor. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I like Xing Fei, so it’s all good. lol I’m excited for more RJL. Glad he’s going to get more drama works aside from advertisement works. 
 

RJL had such a baby face in both TGTS and DOS, but his face was very mature in UTP. There were times when his face would look so baby in UTP, but it was not like baby face RJL of TGTD/DOS. lol UTP’s style fits RJL best bc he was much more buff compare to his skinny built from his previous dramas. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rose_loves_ice said:

Oh yeah, I saw that rumor. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I like Xing Fei, so it’s all good. lol I’m excited for more RJL. Glad he’s going to get more drama works aside from advertisement works. 
 

RJL had such a baby face in both TGTS and DOS, but his face was very mature in UTP. There were times when his face would look so baby in UTP, but it was not like baby face RJL of TGTD/DOS. lol UTP’s style fits RJL best bc he was much more buff compare to his skinny built from his previous dramas. 

He literally have so much dramas not being aired, like 3-4. Same goes for Tan Songyun, it’s all finished filming and everything but they just won’t air it yet. Like 1-2 years now? Cause technically UTP was filmed the end of 2017-2018. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 3:48 AM, Red Bible The said:

Hi, anyone can help me with the word : 言淵 means? I noticed in the novel Lu Yi always said this when he spoke to Yang Chengwan, as if it’s represent him, somethin like that, while the original meaning  ‘deep word’  seems not connect with the rest of the sentences. Anyone? Thanks before 

Which chapter is that? I'm still on 3. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!   I was pretty impressed with this one. So many very satisfying moments & pretty decent writing for the most part, aside from the occasional ehh moments.

 

So many great female characters, who are all different & competent in their own way & lots of good friendship stuff.

 

And I'm always here to see rich oligarchs & awful men in general get their just dues. :w00t:

 

I think a few of the issues I have with it are that the "bad guys" are continuously presented like "This is a bad man look how EVIL he is doing all this bad horrible stuff"  I mean yeah to a point, you got to show what a character is, but I felt it was a bit overboard, personally. 

 

& sometimes I felt like there wasn't enough closure to certain big events, like the end of the village segment in example, felt a bit rushed when I feel like it should have been a bigger blow to our main troupe.

 

But in general, I liked this one a lot, & I like how it trampled all over certain tropes (for the most part)     

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely love the actress who plays the female lead from the first drama I saw her in a few years ago. This drama makes me appreciate her acting even more. I really enjoyed her performance. She’s not as pretty as most lead actresses that I normally see in these types of drama but I don’t care that much about that perhaps because I’m accustomed to actors with all types of faces in Western entertainment. The acting matters most to me and this leading lady repeatedly endears me to her. 
 

I’m not familiar with the male lead but I also mostly enjoyed his portrayal and charm particularly as the episodes progressed. My only criticism about his acting is that sometimes his scowl looks like he smells something bad. Otherwise, Lu Yi is :wub: and I certainly understood Jin Xia’s pain 

Spoiler

when he broke up with her and all the wonderful memories that they shared kept flooding her mind thus making her sad and unable to move past the hurt.


About the villains, why are they never 

Spoiler

tortured while we have to watch the good guys bloodied and hurting? Even Jin Xia was cruelly crucified. That Lan Shu dude got off easy by only having his head quickly severed. He wasn’t even tortured for good measure. 

Overall, I enjoyed the series although the tenacity of the Japanese pirates plot annoyed me somewhat. However, I suppose it served its purpose in the end.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

i think it is an address or another name for Yang ChengWan

Here is the sentences, seems not Yang Chengwan:
- 言淵年少
- 言淵行事自问
- 否则言淵如何过意的去

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everybody,

Glad to see new people finding the same enjoyment  we had watching UTP.  I too am still in the hole left by UTP.  I tried not to rewatch it again to try to get out but I haven't been able to get out anyway.  My best hope right now is to wait for one of RJL or TSY's new drama to come out and hopefully it will make UTP fade a bit faster.  I didn't try watching RJL's other series because the one with YZ is too long and too much mystical and science fictional stuff, and the Glory of Tang one is way too sad looking aside from having too much palace related drama which I don't enjoy in a show.  I prefer a one woman for one man drama to avoid too much drama in a show:D

I haven't watched TSY old series because the outfits she wore made me think it's about high school life and stuff and I am not quite into those kinds of series anymore. 

I haven't seen much about when TSY's new dramas might be aired but read a lot of rumors about some of the RJL starring dramas  being aired but they were just rumors and never panned out.  The latest one is that his republic era drama Autumn Cicada will be aired after Skate Into You is done, which is around April 9th.  This one seems more likely than the other rumors for airing date of Revenge and Sacrifice, which doesn't even have a trailer out yet while there is one for Autumn Cicada. 

While waiting for one of their dramas to air, I should finish reading the novel.  I am up to the chapter that corresponds to episode 42-43 where they get separated for a few episodes .  One of the things I love about UTP is that the leads are almost always together.  They only get short separations except for the few episodes towards the end.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, yueyyo said:

Hi everybody,

Glad to see new people finding the same enjoyment  we had watching UTP.  I too am still in the hole left by UTP.  I tried not to rewatch it again to try to get out but I haven't been able to get out anyway.  My best hope right now is to wait for one of RJL or TSY's new drama to come out and hopefully it will make UTP fade a bit faster.  I didn't try watching RJL's other series because the one with YZ is too long and too much mystical and science fictional stuff, and the Glory of Tang one is way too sad looking aside from having too much palace related drama which I don't enjoy in a show.  I prefer a one woman for one man drama to avoid too much drama in a show:D

I haven't watched TSY old series because the outfits she wore made me think it's about high school life and stuff and I am not quite into those kinds of series anymore. 

I haven't seen much about when TSY's new dramas might be aired but read a lot of rumors about some of the RJL starring dramas  being aired but they were just rumors and never panned out.  The latest one is that his republic era drama Autumn Cicada will be aired after Skate Into You is done, which is around April 9th.  This one seems more likely than the other rumors for airing date of Revenge and Sacrifice, which doesn't even have a trailer out yet while there is one for Autumn Cicada. 

While waiting for one of their dramas to air, I should finish reading the novel.  I am up to the chapter that corresponds to episode 42-43 where they get separated for a few episodes .  One of the things I love about UTP is that the leads are almost always together.  They only get short separations except for the few episodes towards the end.


Agree totally....

Also been listening to UTP music. I just love all the songs and all the sounds accompanying the drama. The placing of them to the scenes are just right to me.

 

Love the title song WISH by Zhou Shen. 
I didn’t know it was sung by a Male singer. Found he had a lot of drama songs out there which I had heard before too. Now I am his fan!
 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

u didnt watch Face Off? it was pretty okie :D 

 

actually i'm waiting for 'Go Ahead' which she is starring with Song WeiLong :D 

LOL people are starting to ship her with steven now. They’ll be in happy camp next week. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Steven and TSY looked more cute together like siblings than as a “couple.” At first I thought TSY’s character was going to end up with SWL or that there’s going to be like a love triangle, but I guess it’s going to be TSY with Steven. I’m excited to watch their drama too. 

Oh, Dylan Xiong’s gonna be in the same ‘Happy Camp’ episode too, so it’s going to be fun to see her with Dylan again. They have such a cute friendship too. 
Ok, now back to re-watching 锦衣之下 for the millionth time。 lol 

  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rose_loves_ice said:

I thought Steven and TSY looked more cute together like siblings than as a “couple.” At first I thought TSY’s character was going to end up with SWL or that there’s going to be like a love triangle, but I guess it’s going to be TSY with Steven. I’m excited to watch their drama too. 

Oh, Dylan Xiong’s gonna be in the same ‘Happy Camp’ episode too, so it’s going to be fun to see her with Dylan again. They have such a cute friendship too. 
Ok, now back to re-watching 锦衣之下 for the millionth time。 lol 

her relationship with dylan is hilarious, seeing them in shows together makes me laugh a lot.

 

Wait, are you serious? I thought SWL was the lead in go ahead. I thought i was going to get second lead syndrome, because the interview for their drama at a festival and steven was talking about his character and i just thought damm, second lead syndrome already. 

 

  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, angelangie said:

u didnt watch Face Off? it was pretty okie

I just looked that up on YouTube and saw a clip of it.  I think I might like that one.  At least her wardrobe look more modern here.   I will definitely view that one after I finish Put Your Head on My Shoulder, which I stumbled upon after looking up who Xing Fei was since she was rumored to be costarring in RJL's next series.  

 

I am not so so high on Go Ahead, the one with SWL right?   Her wardrobe (and the rest of the casts') is back to being drabby looking.    I also don't like a drama with a lead being divided between 2 or more pursuers, all with a chip, a chair, and a chance and we don't know who ends up with who until the end:lol:.  I will be sure to catch the next Happy Camp to see TSY.  She seems to have more airtime here so that's good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yueyyo said:

I just looked that up on YouTube and saw a clip of it.  I think I might like that one.  At least her wardrobe look more modern here.   I will definitely view that one after I finish Put Your Head on My Shoulder, which I stumbled upon after looking up who Xing Fei was since she was rumored to be costarring in RJL's next series.  

 

I am not so so high on Go Ahead, the one with SWL right?   Her wardrobe (and the rest of the casts') is back to being drabby looking.    I also don't like a drama with a lead being divided between 2 or more pursuers, all with a chip, a chair, and a chance and we don't know who ends up with who until the end:lol:.  I will be sure to catch the next Happy Camp to see TSY.  She seems to have more airtime here so that's good.

You might also like the summer's fox, she's portray as a diva there, rather than a naive girl. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AwkwarDerp said:

You might also like the summer's fox, she's portray as a diva there, rather than a naive girl. 

Thanks for the Suggestion.  I always thought that one was one of those where she had a wardrobe that looks like it was set in the 80's but when I actually looked it up on YouTube just now, It's pretty modern and good setting.  I might get to it after I am fisnished with the 2 dramas I just started and then Face Off, which I think I might like better since it looks funnier and less drama in the drama.  I have reservations about watching shows like the Summer's fox where the lead's ex is still hanging around and even worse, the ex is related to the new Love interest.  I like simple, uncomplicated dramas.    You can call me a  a dramaphobe in love related shows.  The only drama I like in TV shows are those involving mysteries:D.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

her relationship with dylan is hilarious, seeing them in shows together makes me laugh a lot.

 

Wait, are you serious? I thought SWL was the lead in go ahead. I thought i was going to get second lead syndrome, because the interview for their drama at a festival and steven was talking about his character and i just thought damm, second lead syndrome already. 

 

lol Wait, no? I’m probably reading wrong info then. I initially thought SWL was the ML with TSY too and that Steven was the second but people be confusing me with their comments. Haha I just remembered seeing a clip of SWL and TSY being sweet. My bad. :lol: It probs is SWL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...