Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
angelangie

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Under the Power 锦衣之下

46 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hehehehe and they even teleport the whole cast over and i honestly think it will be great to see them all together in another film too :)

Someone Upload the Mv for whole cast in modern era. Its good actually. 

• LOL 1

10 hours ago, LuMNaL said:

Hi, 

Can you post the site to the translation of their life after marriage?  Would anyone be willing to translate the whole novel?

Thank you!

11 hours ago, angelangie said:

hahaha i know what you mean....i dont like the part where LuYi is rude too....and i hate when he made her wash the horse stalls as well as clean his robes just because she touches it hahaha....

Ugh... don't remind me. :P That for me was bordering on bullying although I imagine that the show runners thought it was comic relief. It was pretty cringey stuff to me.

However looking at his personality from a big picture perspective, he is the controlling type. A veritable control freak. His first instinct is to be in control of any and all situations. Given his background and his job description, it's not hardly surprising. I don't think he is used to getting a lot of pushback from subordinates and lesser mortals much less from a chit of a female constable who is actually pretty good at her job.

I don't mind the slowburn... It's good to gradually see the controlling side of his personality emerging as the more protective side.

i drop that drama....its had a 'Secret' in the title....i couldnt stand the way the plot was rolling out and i felt like it was really off and also the way the so called terrible or the high handedness the ML is taking it out with FL and also the way how they mix everything up.....if u ask me it cant compare to Dr.Qin and oh yea maybe you might want to enjoy 'The Listener' it not a bad police drama :) the FL is pretty smart as well as the ML they have a quiet chemistry in between :) 

Ah yes... that's the name. Dreadful stuff. A huge mess.

Is the FL in Secret Shangguang Xi from Under the Power? Looks a lot like her.

I'll look out for The Listener. Thanks for the tip.

actually i like it when XieXiao irritate the hell out of LuYi....however i can't take XieXiao when he whine :sweatingbullets: other than that i find him pretty cute :D 

He's a good kid for the most part. A tad immature but generally harmless. His real problem is a lack of ambition and sense of responsibility. 

I don't root for him to be with Jin Xia really. They're both too much alike in some ways. And he really needs to grow up before he can be anybody's husband TBH. 

Because he is the polar opposite to Lu Yi, what he is good for is to help LY see the importance of being emotionally honest with the woman you're in love with. It annoyed the heck out of me that after the kissing scene on the roof, LY was still playing mind games with JX the next day. That is until he realised how upset she was and how much she needed encouragement from him. 

She's a straightforward sort of girl. Unless he opens his mouth and comes right out and say it, she doesn't presume anything.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, DianaMui said:

Hi, 

Can you post the site to the translation of their life after marriage?  Would anyone be willing to translate the whole novel?

Thank you!

i dont have the times to do the whole translation as yet....however i did the translation of the small part where they discover JinXia is preg, you can refer to this one post on page 13 :) im a noob translator so do excuse me for any grammars or uncommon like translation :D 

Also below is the part when LuYi went to ask for JinXia's hand for marriage in the Extra too :D this is done by @LuMNaL :) - page 15

• Like 2

UTP back to Top 2 after 2 days in Top1 :) for Feb/4 rating.

7ACK5JX43w7Hm4W4ftX7zeqiS0aJZ1Qae8q39zsl

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Ugh... don't remind me. :P That for me was bordering on bullying although I imagine that the show runners thought it was comic relief. It was pretty cringey stuff to me.

However looking at his personality from a big picture perspective, he is the controlling type. A veritable control freak. His first instinct is to be in control of any and all situations. Given his background and his job description, it's not hardly surprising. I don't think he is used to getting a lot of pushback from subordinates and lesser mortals much less from a chit of a female constable who is actually pretty good at her job.

I don't mind the slowburn... It's good to gradually see the controlling side of his personality emerging as the more protective side.

hahaha....yes it is bullying in a sense....however its hard not to love both LuYi with JinXia together....their interaction is really cute :) 

his overbearing tactic will slow turn into a protective shield that will encase JinXia :D 

Ah yes... that's the name. Dreadful stuff. A huge mess.

Is the FL in Secret Shangguang Xi from Under the Power? Looks a lot like her.

I'll look out for The Listener. Thanks for the tip.

yes it is her....the very same person....personally i feel she is more likable here hahahaha

i like the way she handle her love situation with XieXiao and how she move on after having her eyes open up.....

He's a good kid for the most part. A tad immature but generally harmless. His real problem is a lack of ambition and sense of responsibility. 

I don't root for him to be with Jin Xia really. They're both too much alike in some ways. And he really needs to grow up before he can be anybody's husband TBH. 

Because he is the polar opposite to Lu Yi, what he is good for is to help LY see the importance of being emotionally honest with the woman you're in love with. It annoyed the heck out of me that after the kissing scene on the roof, LY was still playing mind games with JX the next day. That is until he realised how upset she was and how much she needed encouragement from him. 

She's a straightforward sort of girl. Unless he opens his mouth and comes right out and say it, she doesn't presume anything.

yea he rushes into things without thinking over first or stop for a survey.....his ambition was kinda like i want to save the world....however he doesnt think on his action consequences...

JinXia need someone who can rein her in....like LuYi :D and yes XieXiao really need to grow up first .... if they ended up together they will ended create chaos or the whole household will be too chaotic that make one shudder to think about it lols

sigh....actually he was hoping that JinXia will remember....u can see the small glances when JinXia wanted to try to remember what happen on top of the roof....however i do nearly slap his head when he pushes that the hairpin was given to her by ChenFu and not HIM!!! i was like.... 'Oh what a brilliant move LUYI!!!'

• Like 4

Xiexiao is very can be very immature and hasty, but I felt so bad for him during the final rejection scene. It was actually heartbreaking to see him breakdown after Jinxia left. Talking about his tendency to rush into things, he seems to be doing better in the drama than in the novel. Even though he has done a few rushed things in the drama, he’s been told many times by the others to not do anything hasty that could affect them or the investigation. He’s done well in not rushing into things but rather done well in listening to others. Even though he doesn’t like LuYi, he does do what he says. At first his character was annoying but he did bring out the jealousy from LuYi, which was needed so boy could get his feelings together. lol 

but oh my gosh, all these leaked videos of the last episodes. I can’t even. My heart is breaking for our OTP. :bawling:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rose_loves_ice said:

Xiexiao is very can be very immature and hasty, but I felt so bad for him during the final rejection scene. It was actually heartbreaking to see him breakdown after Jinxia left. Talking about his tendency to rush into things, he seems to be doing better in the drama than in the novel. Even though he has done a few rushed things in the drama, he’s been told many times by the others to not do anything hasty that could affect them or the investigation. He’s done well in not rushing into things but rather done well in listening to others. Even though he doesn’t like LuYi, he does do what he says. At first his character was annoying but he did bring out the jealousy from LuYi, which was needed so boy could get his feelings together. lol 

but oh my gosh, all these leaked videos of the last episodes. I can’t even. My heart is breaking for our OTP. :bawling:

yes and also i notice that he listen to his SiJie better in the drama too than in the book

On 2/3/2020 at 6:46 PM, angelangie said:

no happy camp for them....they did not appear together they actually mash up the scenes separately where they both appear before together....

I think I saw the mashed up happy camp bit you were talking about on YouTube but In my other post I was referring to the one filmed on Jan 14th, 2020 that I saw pics of on their respective VN fan clubs faceBook pages:

IMG-2608.jpg

IMG-2604.jpg

Those are are a couple of them that I saw.  I also saw the one below somewhere on Weibo I forgot where. Doesn't the text on top say something about happy camp?  I just assumed it was and didn't bother to use google translate to be sure :D.  

IMG-2607.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, yueyyo said:

I think I saw the mashed up happy camp bit you were talking about on YouTube but In my other post I was referring to the one filmed on Jan 14th, 2020 that I saw pics of on their respective VN fan clubs faceBook pages:

hmmm i cant remember if SongYun & JiaLun attended happy camp together....i need to go back and dig then lols

• LOL 1

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

That for me was bordering on bullying although I imagine that the show runners thought it was comic relief. It was pretty cringey stuff to me.

I don't mind that too much because If JinXia can dish it out to YangYu and XiEXiao, she should be able to take it too.  She slap those two around quite a few times:D.  She is a bit arrogant because she is good at what she does and she probably never saw her errors because no one comparable to her was around to point them out to her until Luyi came along.  For example, if he didn't point out the metal bit from the arrow that was found in the autopsy of the burnt dead body was not old but new, she would have remained in the dark about the body double.  He may not have as sharp of an innate ability to observe and deduct as her but his experience makes up for some of it, like someone mentioned in a previous post.    Maybe if he didn't rely so much on his subordinates like JinXia to do their job, maybe he would have use these skills more often and hone them to be better.  In any case, I think they complement  each other.  He's the planner and she's the executor and he trusts her judgements and value her opinions more as they worked together more.  

I love that they don't make JinXia perfect.  She has weaknesses too like snakes and ghosts.  Let's not forget her being overly fond of money, but she can be forgiven for that because it was for a good cause:D.    All the characters have flaws but their goodness redeem them whereas the villain has no goodness to be found but Han Dong portrayal of that character is so elegantly done that I like him anyway.  Maybe I will like him less once I see what he has in store for JinXia.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, yueyyo said:

I love that they don't make JinXia perfect.  She has weaknesses too like snakes and ghosts.  Let's not forget her being overly fond of money, but she can be forgiven for that because it was for a good cause:D.    All the characters have flaws but their goodness redeem them whereas the villain has no goodness to be found but Han Dong portrayal of that character is so elegantly done that I like him anyway.  Maybe I will like him less once I see what he has in store for JinXia.  

u forget another thing....she can eat!!!

• LOL 3

Spoiler

OMG, so many spoilers everywhere, I'm gonna have nightmares. So many years and sad scenes. Great acting by both leads. For a long time I never cried watching dramas but watching Song Yun, I already cried twice. 

But I'm still curious about how Jin Xia saved Lu Yi from death sentence. In the book also they are still working as before after marriage. Anyone can enlight me on this??

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:
  Hide contents

OMG, so many spoilers everywhere, I'm gonna have nightmares. So many years and sad scenes. Great acting by both leads. For a long time I never cried watching dramas but watching Song Yun, I already cried twice. 

But I'm still curious about how Jin Xia saved Lu Yi from death sentence. In the book also they are still working as before after marriage. Anyone can enlight me on this??

im not sure how .....however yes...they got married after LuYi was pardon 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, angelangie said:

u forget another thing....she can eat!!!

How could I have left that off the list.  She's overly fond of food too and I can't think of a good cause to justify that except maybe her mom made her the official taster for all the tofu her mom sells and she has built up a big love for food from that:D.  

Btw, did you get around to watching all the released episodes yet?  I decided to bite the bullet and watch all of them and then wait for the rest to come out and watch the rest. It wasn't so bad because they both had people to pour their heart out to, especially JinXia.  Luyi can afford to stew a bit more in his misery since he kind of brought it on himself and he is kind of used to being in misery given what happened with his mom.  It also helped that the happy ending seems a lot more likely given all the leaked pics and how close they have followed the book in terms of big plot lines as far as I know.  I haven't gotten far in the book (not past first chapter) because when I had time freed up, I was too busy rewatching some episodes to check out what I missed breezing through them the first time watching them.  I am sure reading the book will help getting over the deprivation of no longer having Da Ren and JinXia every week:D.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, graceeedwardmom said:
  Reveal hidden contents

even I am so busy, I have to replayed this....

Spoiler

As you remember LuYi helped a few loyal genearals and other from the palace I don't remember the name), when Yan Shi Fan and his father wanted to clear them out of the way. After LuYi is in prison, the people, who he helped, started a plan to rescue him...they want to clear his name.

But the current king is a very proud man and wont admit that he made a mistake in case of LuYi. So Everybody has  to wait for a new king taking the throne. That is 3 years later. Than they bring the case to the new king and covienced him, that LuYi is innocent and are a very loyal servant. The new king, knew that he now need a lot of good servant around him, because he just took over the throne. After he checked everything he let LuYi out of the jail and give him back his job.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@LuMNaL btw .....ChenFu has a younger brother who is ChenXiao right? :D 

they are out after around chapters 5x

I love the women in this show. It's one of the great strengths of this drama. More than the men, they feel so real and relatable. Even when they're physically weaker on some level, they make the tough decisions and they take the hard road. I don't get the feeling that they see themselves as victims but free agents. Unique individuals with their own baggage trying to navigate the complexities of life as they know it.

The poison arc of the early twentyish episodes elicit some of the best acting from the leads that I've seen. For me, they are arguably some of the best episodes of the drama for a multitude of reasons. Those episodes in particular are so effective in humanizing Lu Yi who is often this god-like, almost omniscient man who has much of the world within his grasp. Here instead he is fighting for his life, utterly dependant on others for his survival. He is distraught, his hair dishevelled, assailed by a sense of powerlessness. His world has been turned upside down. Of course it is love and its transformative impulse that puts him in such a vulnerable place. Previously he lived for king and country. I don't believe he would have never taken the arrow for anyone else. But even unbeknownst to him... even while he battled to keep his feelings hidden... when push came to shove... they show themselves because such feelings cannot stay in the darkness forever. Even for a man with his superb mastery of self. I suppose we are meant to see that this is a pivotal moment not just in their relationship but in his thinking that logic, reason is not all there is to life. He might not be the master of his fate. "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio than are dreamt in your philosophy." 

Yes, he is now a man in love. Not just in that instant but it had been brewing for some time. The thawing started began perhaps during their stint on Yan Shifan's Love Boat. Heh. Some of it was play acting for the benefit of an audience hiding in the wings but some of it was real. 

He now bears witness to what love can lead to. What it demands from him and what it will demand from him. 

Love is good but love is also dangerous, unpredictable and it exacts a price. Always. It is not love if it doesn't. The modern western mindset is fixated on love=happiness. But no... it's not the endgame as we are led to believe. At least not as often as we think. 

I see a lot of comments on YT about Xie Xiao being a jolly nuisance not only for the OTP but also for Shangguan Xi. Yes... I suppose he is, if we're only looking at things from their perspective. But if we look at it from his perspective, he has found a good thing and is driven to act on it. Love also drives him to put aside his own safety, to think only of the beloved's welfare and to act in accordance to its extraordinary impulses. He is no less brave where JX is concerned. One could even make the argument that she brings out the best in him. But only that. So the endgame for him is that love=maturity while the endgame for SGX is love=freedom to look elsewhere.

Come to think of it, he is driven by exactly the same impulses as everyone else. So what makes him different? Because he isn't the male lead? Because he is childish? Or because his affections are unrequited? What about Shangguan Xi? We feel sorry for her because she is pitifully nursing a one-sided infatuation. But it isn't XX's fault that he's not in love with her. In the same way it's not JX's fault that she's not in love with XX. I used to wonder what SGX saw in XX romantically... because she's so much more mature and mothers him almost but there's a lovely scene of her reminiscing about the time he intervened in a fight to protect her which almost explains it. He may be reckless but there's no doubting his loyalty and bravery.

I suppose there are two opposite schools of thought regarding romantic love. We use the term fall in love... as if love is something we have no control over. Others might say that love is a choice. I think it's a bit of both. My thinking is that we might not have a great deal of control over who we're attracted to but we can choose how we deal with rejection and acceptance. I throw this out there because I think the show makes these kinds of relationship contrasts for a reason. There's no formula. 

Falling in love doesn't always result in happiness for everyone. For some perhaps... a lifelong union but for many others they have to learn to accept that they are not loved in the way they love. That's the journey for them. Perhaps it's the wrong time, the wrong place and the wrong person. One can never be too sure.

I choose to believe that JX acted not just practically and logically to save LY in that instance but out of love. Lin Ling could see that too. The things she did, the way she demeaned herself so that LY could get treated... there's a powerful force at work there. Of course there was no guarantee that it would end happily ever after for her but it was a powerful demonstration of self-sacrifice that was meant to move a mountain like LY.

It is a cheesy thing to say I suppose but in a real enough way, it wasn't medicine that cured LY but love... in all its intractable ways.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1