[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Under the Power 锦衣之下

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, rgdrama said:

I really feel he is such a great man to announce his dating, marriage and children to the world. His family is blessed to have someone so strong and with great beliefs. Every actor should feel that they can do so because they are actors and they have their own real life to live. I don’t get why some fans feel they own someone. I hope the trend will give the other actors the same thing so they can live their own lives as well.

Knowing that he did what he did makes me even more supportive of this actor and as a person.

Yeah a lot of peopled dropped him after learning about his marriage which was a bit unreasonable. The reason why he hide his family was because he wants to protect them, as you can see there’s never news about his personal life aside his marriage, which was good cause this want he can protect them from media. Plus his wife was with me when he had nothing, obviously now he earned some fame, he can’t let her feel at loss. She’s an actress too but now i heard people said she’s his personal manager or something. 

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/22/2020 at 1:13 AM, peanutbutterjellytime said:

The broodiness, that air of arrogance and subtle amusement at everyone else's logic ... oh my I am weak for Lu Yi, but in a very healthy way. 

Ren Jialun, an actor that I do not consider to be handsome, has an unusually captivating screen presence which makes him super attractive. Not only in this drama, but especially in this drama. 

Very well written... 100 % agreed

Hey guys! New Super fan of Allen and TSY. Please share Any news of them as I can’t speak mandarin so you can imagine how hard it is digging for any tidbits of information.  Love this thread let’s keep it alive

Even though the production was “poor” and low production, it was not bad compared to a lot of other low production films. The Eternal Love was a super low production film, so the budget used for UTP was not too bad. They did a good job with the wardrobe and etc. Although the editing could use some work, overall the drama was pretty well done. TSY & RJL pretty much saved the drama too, tbh.

His wife is super lucky. She got a such a good man as a husband. lol Look where he’s at now. He may have gained and lost fame along the way, but he’s gained so much more love, fans, and fame worldwide because of his acting alone. It’s not his visuals or scandals (not that he had any) that gave him his fame but his acting/talent. He’s come far despite being a marry man. So much respect for him and super proud of him. 

11 hours ago, El Lieu said:

Totally agree...finished a week ago...

.then started watching his Destiy of Snake...first 20 chapters okay but plot went downhill there but continued to finish just because of his acting...

Allen has been sitting on under power as well as some other drama for over a year...since destiny of snake he hasn't had much...

I read he had a little fame after Glory of Tang dynasty but because of his marriage announcement his popularity went downhill.  I don't know why...I appreciate actors who act well and not just idol...that was great of him.  And I noticed in Glory of Tang he did have real kiss scenes but then with destiny and this underr power series...I am thinking he may have requested not to...out of respect for his wife...I applaud that...some people may think its unprofessional but I think its respect for his wife.

I have to admit though...I think his weight was just right for Glorty of Tang...Destiny of Snake too skinny...and this series he still charismatic handsome but could lose some weight as well.

In happy camp he was "broader" than the others -- like Songweilong etc..

I hope to see his new series..some of them warehoused for 2 years?  

I am watching Glorty of Tang for now (although such a tearful series)...

I also noticed its the same dubber for him in all 3 series...actually kind of match his face...

He acdtually has a higher pitched voice in real life...

As for the female lead -- also same -- not very pretty --but so cute and adorable...she also probably should lose a little weight -- some scenes she particularly round (like the blue dress she wore when playing the harp) -- or the funny scene where she was trying to ward off the date her mom arranged for her...

In general though...Luyi such a great man -- I felt he fell in love with her sooner than she...willing to take the arrow for her and jump off cliff...and then love her so much willing --he willing to sacrifice his life for her---what a man!!!!!

Agree with you about Ren Jialun, he looked skinny in The destiny of white snake, and I cannot continue after ep 5, the story seems go downhill, I have not watch The Glory of Tang yet, perhaps later. I thing Lu Yi fits him so fine! So did Seven Tan as Jinxia.

As for the story, I think he started to care for her since the cat and umbrella time, but really love her after Jinxia drank the poison for him.

while in the novel Lu Yi care for her even earlier, since the hundred tael case, on the event she got punished from his teacher to kneel almost 3 days because eavesdropping him, after that Lu Yi went to give her medicine by himself and stop right in front of her room because Jinxia was angry and called him name behind the door lol

6 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Sigh. People said the crew for this film was really poor, that’s why it’s a surprise they made such good production on low budget. As for editing skill, idk :bawling:

Yes I agree with you, beside the cgi I think Under The Power has those realistic story, fight scene, costume and quite follow the Ming’s history. It’s quite hard nowadays to find a historical drama that have those realistic feel. 

11 minutes ago, Red Bible The said:

Agree with you about Ren Jialun, he looked skinny in The destiny of white snake, and I cannot continue after ep 5, the story seems go downhill, I have not watch The Glory of Tang yet, perhaps later. I thing Lu Yi fits him so fine! So did Seven Tan as Jinxia.

As for the story, I think he started to care for her since the cat and umbrella time, but really love her after Jinxia drank the poison for him.

while in the novel Lu Yi care for her even earlier, since the hundred tael case, on the event she got punished from his teacher to kneel almost 3 days because eavesdropping him, after that Lu Yi went to give her medicine by himself and stop right in front of her room because Jinxia was angry and called him name behind the door lol

I would say he noticed her since the first time they met, i mean why would he care to fix her gun? There’s a lot of hidden hints in this drama. 

He definitely has improved since glory of tang...it was three four years ago..he was a good actor in glory but great actor in under the power...although ..his crying scenes were excellent in Glory of Tang...there wasn’t a lot of crying scenes in under power..where he could show up this acting skill

I liked his Luyi character here more than Glory of tang..haha because I don’t like prince and kings having to wed and bed other women which he did in Glory of tang...although he dearly loved the main girl character...plus Glory so sad ending...(sorry spoiler)...

his eye contact definitely improved much in under power...good grief happy ending...I was in tears with Glory of tang..

22 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I would say he noticed her since the first time they met, i mean why would he care to fix her gun? There’s a lot of hidden hints in this drama. 

Yes definitely he noticed her from the first time haha, not everyone dare to ask something from Jin Yiwei, she’s indeed a different one lol

7 hours ago, angelangie said:

actually in the book, LuYi had always notice JinXia, he had heard of her too however he never saw her.....and he first saw her was when they recapture that guy where they bump into the tofu stall......

that was the very first times he saw her and also.....at the same times.....he notice her eyes first and he admitted to himself that she look very different of what he projected, she is prettier than he thought :) 

Yes definitely noticed this different kinda girl that he ever met, everybody afraid of him except Jinxia haha

Hi, anyone can help me with the word : 言淵 means? I noticed in the novel Lu Yi always said this when he spoke to Yang Chengwan, as if it’s represent him, somethin like that, while the original meaning  ‘deep word’  seems not connect with the rest of the sentences. Anyone? Thanks before 

3 hours ago, Red Bible The said:

Yes definitely noticed this different kinda girl that he ever met, everybody afraid of him except Jinxia haha

The first two episodes are awesome: fast paced, entertaining and hilarious, they throw you immediately into the action (I like fight scenes very much) and the introduction of the characters is amazing: Jin Xia is very daring and Lu Yi is not used to it. :D

How I would love to see a season 2 or a movie at least: let's hope!

I would gladly watch The Glory of the Tang Dinasty but with no eng subs I am at loss... :unsure:

4 hours ago, mspilgrims said:

The first two episodes are awesome: fast paced, entertaining and hilarious, they throw you immediately into the action (I like fight scenes very much) and the introduction of the characters is amazing: Jin Xia is very daring and Lu Yi is not used to it. :D

I would gladly watch The Glory of the Tang Dinasty but with no eng subs I am at loss... :unsure:

Don't know how much the drama covers on the book.  I don't want second season.  I want them to collaborate on a new drama.  I read this Manhua called Entangled with Duke.  I think RJL TSY would be perfect for the lead role of this Manhua.

11 hours ago, mspilgrims said:

They do have the English sub of Glory of tang....all 90 chapters....I marathoned thru just to watch Allen.....he was such a good actor...his crying scenes was excellent and I ached for all his pain and crying.....I sobered thru the last two chapters....I recommend the drama..decent...much bette than destiny of snake...,I don’t think he and the main female lead have as much a cp feel though....I am glad drama didn’t have too many palace competition.....what i didn’t like was he had a concubine he had o and bed...uughhh....unlike under the power one cute main female lead....but even then without formal acting class he really is a natural actor...

I am so looking forward to his new drama ....where he plays two characters in same drama ....

I really appreciate how an actor like him in different series have different acting styles..in glory of tang destiny snake and under power he had totally different characters and he played them well....some actors act the same way in every series.....

11 hours ago, El Lieu said:

They do have the English sub of Glory of tang....all 90 chapters....I marathoned thru just to watch Allen.....he was such a good actor...his crying scenes was excellent and I ached for all his pain and crying.....I sobered thru the last two chapters....I recommend the drama..decent...much bette than destiny of snake...,I don’t think he and the main female lead have as much a cp feel though....I am glad drama didn’t have too many palace competition.....what i didn’t like was he had a concubine he had o and bed...uughhh....unlike under the power one cute main female lead....but even then without formal acting class he really is a natural actor...

Where did you watch it with Eng subs? Can you tell me? Thanks in advance!

I totally agree with you: Allen Ren is such a good actor. I must say that UTP is all about the terrific acting of the main couple and their great chemistry! ^_^

5 hours ago, mspilgrims said:

Where did you watch it with Eng subs? Can you tell me? Thanks in advance!

I totally agree with you: Allen Ren is such a good actor. I must say that UTP is all about the terrific acting of the main couple and their great chemistry! ^_^

I just googled and a lot of sites came out with eng sub, but they're obviously have no license but if you want to watch, just search it up. 

Archived