[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Under the Power 锦衣之下

sugarplum892

1 minute ago, Red Bible The said:

Yes! It’s quite a work here! There’s a lot of title and history event and idiom that I need to understand before the translation! Good luck to you too! Maybe we can help each other Lol

Honestly, i’m down for some help. Idioms are seriously the worst to translate. Like finding that perfect english word for it is a pain. 

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, angelangie said:

you're doing the English translation? if you are doing the English translation i can help out.....cause i find translating alone abit boring hahahhaa

i use to work in a group previously to translate a drama..... :) 

i am doing it alone and would love some

help. Doing it alone it doesn’t push me as hard LOL, but i was afraid to work with someone because of schedule differences, since i still have school. But please message me if you're interested. 

2 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Honestly, i’m down for some help. Idioms are seriously the worst to translate. Like finding that perfect english word for it is a pain. 

Yes! And Lan Seshi’s writing style seems like to use a short sentence instead of a longer one, it’s quite a disaster in indonesian language! Alas I must add a lot of other words to make it right lol

Just now, Red Bible The said:

Yes! And Lan Seshi’s writing style seems like to use a short sentence instead of a longer one, it’s quite a disaster in indonesian language! Alas I must add a lot of other words to make it right lol

LOL YEAH, i was doing chapter one and it was like over 2-3k words, and sometimes i don’t even know if that word is suitable to work with. I feel like translating in another language make the sentence even longer than it should be.  

Just now, AwkwarDerp said:

help. Doing it alone it doesn’t push me as hard LOL, but i was afraid to work with someone because of schedule differences, since i still have school. But please message me if you're interested. 

Hey we can email each other if there’s a difficulty, feel free to email me at info.theredbible@gmail.com or just pm me at twitter theredbibleid

Just now, Red Bible The said:

Hey we can email each other if there’s a difficulty, feel free to email me at info.theredbible@gmail.com or just pm me at twitter theredbibleid

My twitter; syublush, email; hoainganvo@gmail.com 

and i saw your post of MDL so kinda know who you are. 

On 3/15/2020 at 10:55 PM, mspilgrims said:

Welcome to the craziness! ^____'

Those are the collateral effects of Lu Yi's meaningful stares and Jin Xia's cute and funny attitude!

On a second note, I would need and explanation about names. Several times they call Lu Yi Lu Jing Li. Does Jing Li mean registrar? It is not clear in the subs. Also Yan Si Fan is called at times Xiao Ge Lao. Is it some sort of title? Not speaking or reading Chinese is hard! 

Besides, between our main couple, from a certain point Lu Yi starts calling Jin Xia by her first name but she never does the same. Even at the end, while running towards him, she calls him Da Ren. Why?

Thanks so much in advance for any kind of explanation! 

Hi, maybe I can help a little bit.

Jingli means head of jurisdictions commision registry, that’s Lu Yi position at Jin Yiwei, sort of like the one that registry criminal to be investigate and convicted which directly responsible to the emperor.

Xiao Gelao is a nickname for Yan Shifan, Gelao is a calling for senior rank official, because his father Yan Song is a chief of grand secretary, the most senior of the senior rank official, their co-workers give his son nickname the little senior rank official, or little premier.

Like Yan Shifan, Lu Yi is a son of Lu Bing, in the novel Yan Song and Lu Bing held the highest position in government after the emperor, so either from work level Jin Yiwei Jingli vs Liu Shanmen little police officer, and family status: military vs tofu seller, Lu Yi position is far far very farrrr higher than Jin Xia lol

only a very close or senior people can call Lu Yi direct by his name, (not even his wife back then), you can imagine how shock her teacher Yang Chengwan when hear Jinxia call Lu Yi by his name lol

Daren is the most appropriate calling since it’s a the most polite form like @omiki explanation.

hope this will help. 

Translating is hard work and also means you are super talented in multiple languages!

Always thank to all folks who takes the time to do translation to the dramas or to the novels.

It is because of you guys that makes the rest of us be blessed to understand what is happening in the shows or books no matter in Chinese, Korean or any other languages.

13 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

If you ever need a beta-reader, let me know, I will gladly help. Unfortunately I cannot understand a word of Mandarin...

The broodiness, that air of arrogance and subtle amusement at everyone else's logic ... oh my I am weak for Lu Yi, but in a very healthy way. 

Ren Jialun, an actor that I do not consider to be handsome, has an unusually captivating screen presence which makes him super attractive. Not only in this drama, but especially in this drama. 

On 3/22/2020 at 6:13 AM, peanutbutterjellytime said:

The broodiness, that air of arrogance and subtle amusement at everyone else's logic ... oh my I am weak for Lu Yi, but in a very healthy way. 

Ren Jialun, an actor that I do not consider to be handsome, has an unusually captivating screen presence which makes him super attractive. Not only in this drama, but especially in this drama. 

Though I would say that if TSY wasn't playing the female lead, the magic of the show would have been lost a bit. She is simply perfect for the role. :wub:

On 3/22/2020 at 1:13 AM, peanutbutterjellytime said:

Totally agree...finished a week ago...

.then started watching his Destiy of Snake...first 20 chapters okay but plot went downhill there but continued to finish just because of his acting...

Allen has been sitting on under power as well as some other drama for over a year...since destiny of snake he hasn't had much...

I read he had a little fame after Glory of Tang dynasty but because of his marriage announcement his popularity went downhill.  I don't know why...I appreciate actors who act well and not just idol...that was great of him.  And I noticed in Glory of Tang he did have real kiss scenes but then with destiny and this underr power series...I am thinking he may have requested not to...out of respect for his wife...I applaud that...some people may think its unprofessional but I think its respect for his wife.

I have to admit though...I think his weight was just right for Glorty of Tang...Destiny of Snake too skinny...and this series he still charismatic handsome but could lose some weight as well.

In happy camp he was "broader" than the others -- like Songweilong etc..

I hope to see his new series..some of them warehoused for 2 years?  

I am watching Glorty of Tang for now (although such a tearful series)...

I also noticed its the same dubber for him in all 3 series...actually kind of match his face...

He acdtually has a higher pitched voice in real life...

As for the female lead -- also same -- not very pretty --but so cute and adorable...she also probably should lose a little weight -- some scenes she particularly round (like the blue dress she wore when playing the harp) -- or the funny scene where she was trying to ward off the date her mom arranged for her...

In general though...Luyi such a great man -- I felt he fell in love with her sooner than she...willing to take the arrow for her and jump off cliff...and then love her so much willing --he willing to sacrifice his life for her---what a man!!!!!

50 minutes ago, El Lieu said:

Totally agree...finished a week ago...

.then started watching his Destiy of Snake...first 20 chapters okay but plot went downhill there but continued to finish just because of his acting...

Allen has been sitting on under power as well as some other drama for over a year...since destiny of snake he hasn't had much...

I read he had a little fame after Glory of Tang dynasty but because of his marriage announcement his popularity went downhill.  I don't know why...I appreciate actors who act well and not just idol...that was great of him.  And I noticed in Glory of Tang he did have real kiss scenes but then with destiny and this underr power series...I am thinking he may have requested not to...out of respect for his wife...I applaud that...some people may think its unprofessional but I think its respect for his wife.

I have to admit though...I think his weight was just right for Glorty of Tang...Destiny of Snake too skinny...and this series he still charismatic handsome but could lose some weight as well.

In happy camp he was "broader" than the others -- like Songweilong etc..

I hope to see his new series..some of them warehoused for 2 years?  

I am watching Glorty of Tang for now (although such a tearful series)...

I also noticed its the same dubber for him in all 3 series...actually kind of match his face...

He acdtually has a higher pitched voice in real life...

As for the female lead -- also same -- not very pretty --but so cute and adorable...she also probably should lose a little weight -- some scenes she particularly round (like the blue dress she wore when playing the harp) -- or the funny scene where she was trying to ward off the date her mom arranged for her...

In general though...Luyi such a great man -- I felt he fell in love with her sooner than she...willing to take the arrow for her and jump off cliff...and then love her so much willing --he willing to sacrifice his life for her---what a man!!!!!

Nah, he didn’t requested. His kiss scenes in under the power was real it was because of the angles they filmed in. There was a post on weibo properly explained in. Apparently under the power was filmed after his other drama and he caught an illness, therefore he didn’t have enough time for recovery. He’s pretty professional and his wife is too because they were together in a drama and he still kissed another girl professionally. 

1 hour ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Nah, he didn’t requested. His kiss scenes in under the power was real it was because of the angles they filmed in. There was a post on weibo properly explained in. Apparently under the power was filmed after his other drama and he caught an illness, therefore he didn’t have enough time for recovery. He’s pretty professional and his wife is too because they were together in a drama and he still kissed another girl professionally. 

I really feel he is such a great man to announce his dating, marriage and children to the world. His family is blessed to have someone so strong and with great beliefs. Every actor should feel that they can do so because they are actors and they have their own real life to live. I don’t get why some fans feel they own someone. I hope the trend will give the other actors the same thing so they can live their own lives as well.

Knowing that he did what he did makes me even more supportive of this actor and as a person.

Archived