[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Under the Power 锦衣之下

sugarplum892

22 hours ago, lovehuche said:

What do guys think of JX' hairstyle?  I don't like that bread hairstyle.  I wish her hair would just comb nicely to her bun.

Jin Xia's haistyle changes a bit from the first episodes onward. I honestly find her cute anyway but I like it more in the latter part of the drama where it is more stylish and complicated. I also think that as she is an unmarried woman, maybe this is the reason why she has half of her hair down. Am I wrong? Someone with more knowledge will surely tell us if it is true (still learning...). :)

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mspilgrims said:

Jin Xia's haistyle changes a bit from the first episodes onward. I honestly find her cute anyway but I like it more in the latter part of the drama where it is more stylish and complicated. I also think that as she is an unmarried woman, maybe this is the reason why she has half of her hair down. Am I wrong? Someone with more knowledge will surely tell us if it is true (still learning...). :)

I saw chinese fan editing photo to give her the “after marriage” style and they put her hair in full bun. 

Jin Xia’s personality is cool and cute at the same time. Seven Tan made her so real!

She is also quite feminine when she does stuff for Da Ren.

She definitely bewitch me into her court. Hence she has so many folks around her.

13 hours ago, Red Bible The said:

I’m on progress translate the novel from chinese to indonesian. The story on novel a little bit different but much more detail and funny. Fell in love instantly for Lu yi at here.

Wow! Would you mind sharing your translation? that would be so great!

13 hours ago, Red Bible The said:

I’m on progress translate the novel from chinese to indonesian. The story on novel a little bit different but much more detail and funny. Fell in love instantly for Lu yi at here.

I’m doing english translation too! That’s good that there are people picking up this book! Good luck 

Can’t wait for the English translation. Thanks!

Anyways, I find it so cute and funny how awkward RJL and TSY can be when together in real life. They get along fine but sometimes you can sense the awkwardness coming from the both of them. It’s funny. :lol:

In regards to the intimate scenes in the drama, I don’t understand how or why they would forbid doing such intimate scenes when they’re clearly doing such scenes with their other co-stars. I know that a lot of married person tend to stay away from performing intimate scenes (although in this case it’s just a kissing scene). Even then they’re both professional enough to not let it affect them personally. Hmm. Kind of weird. I wonder what was the case behind the scene tho. The drama was still good the way it was directed regardless but i’m just curious about this issue, that’s all. 

4 minutes ago, rose_loves_ice said:

Can’t wait for the English translation. Thanks!

Anyways, I find it so cute and funny how awkward RJL and TSY can be when together in real life. They get along fine but sometimes you can sense the awkwardness coming from the both of them. It’s funny. :lol:

I feel like she wants to keep a bit of distance because at the beginning of this year, she was involved in a dating scandal with a male lead from her upcoming drama. But RJL and her is pretty good friend, seeing them in happy camp and interviews make me miss them more

42 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I feel like she wants to keep a bit of distance because at the beginning of this year, she was involved in a dating scandal with a male lead from her upcoming drama. But RJL and her is pretty good friend, seeing them in happy camp and interviews make me miss them more

Oh yeah, I remember that. Pretty unfortunate, tbh. Dating scandal/rumors can affect a person more than one may think but hopefully our TSY is doing well now tho. 

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

the dating scandal exploded during her mother death and they even say and label her un-filial if im not wrong

Yeah, she talked about it on a show and started crying. Honestly, it was cruel to her and devastating to see. 

24 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i mean these antis had to know when to stop.....

her mother death was a hit and run....and she stop everything and rushed back home......what else do you want a girl to do?

Apparently the problem was they changed the date or timestamp of something and claim that she was out dating while her mom was in the hospital. 

which was pretty rude and mean of them to hit her like that. 

28 minutes ago, angelangie said:

that is very bad of them to do it.....if the guy is really courting her it is only right for him to be at her sides in times of need......and if they do this just to hit out at her i do not understand what they hope to gain from that

It’s literally just because her popularity was growing and they wanted a story. It was dumb, basically. She had to use the law against them to stop it. 

16 minutes ago, angelangie said:

its very xxxxxx of them....it make them look like they lack of morality

Yeah, honestly and she couldn’t even like do anything beside being protected by her company. That’s why He Jiong or teacher He used his show to explain on her behalf it was heartbreaking. 

19 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes....i cry for her......her love for her mother can be shown thru it.....i can relate to it as i lost my uncle to an accident too about 8 years ago....the suddenness someone took away from you, and u dont have times to prepare for it....

she is being brave and she hold her front it make me love her even more

This is why i love her even more too. The fact now in interview she remind fans to not ship couple just character” honestly love how straightforward she is. 

27 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes and how JiaLun also readily agree to it... :) 

i think he will want to avoid any untruth rumors and also i love how they mentioned they are pretty much the same kinds of person and JiaLun said he is very fortunate to have a friend like her :) 

i watch for SongYun and they made me fell in love with JiaLun too :D 

Same! I watched because of her at the beginning too! Then fell in love with him too. Great job for the both of us. 

I only started watching UTP because it kept showing up on my douyin feed, so I decided to give it a chance. What a life changing moment it was tho. :lol: I only knew of TSY bc of her drama with Dylan Xiong. I hate myself for having had these thoughts, but I thought that RJL was not handsome when I saw those douyin videos. Man, did he prove me wrong because he is so, so handsome. :lol:  My phone is literally filled with pictures of him (and UTP). I’m probs taking this obsession to far. :lol: lol 

I remember reading the news about her mother. People can be so ridiculous. I will never understand antis. <_< 

When I see videos of TSY and RJL individually, I can see how they’re so similar in personality to each other too. 

12 hours ago, angelangie said:

the dating scandal exploded during her mother death and they even say and label her un-filial if im not wrong

How can people be so mean? I'm really sorry for her. Fortunately she's fine now and I think she is a very good actress!

7 hours ago, rose_loves_ice said:

I only started watching UTP because it kept showing up on my douyin feed, so I decided to give it a chance. What a life changing moment it was tho. :lol: I only knew of TSY bc of her drama with Dylan Xiong. I hate myself for having had these thoughts, but I thought that RJL was not handsome when I saw those douyin videos. Man, did he prove me wrong because he is so, so handsome. :lol:  My phone is literally filled with pictures of him (and UTP). I’m probs taking this obsession to far. :lol: lol 

I remember reading the news about her mother. People can be so ridiculous. I will never understand antis. <_< 

When I see videos of TSY and RJL individually, I can see how they’re so similar in personality to each other too. 

RJL has a lot of screen presence. I think all of his drama he really can draw me in even if I cannot finish the drama due to the script or other issues.

He and TSY definitely are folks the more you look the better they look. So must be their presence that draws you in after a while besides the external appearance.

5 hours ago, rgma said:

RJL has a lot of screen presence. I think all of his drama he really can draw me in even if I cannot finish the drama due to the script or other issues.

He and TSY definitely are folks the more you look the better they look. So must be their presence that draws you in after a while besides the external appearance.

He does have a lot of screen presence. A very charming man indeed. I have a lot of respect and love for actors (and actresses), who most people do not entirely consider “handsome” or “beautiful”, that can draw in fans because of their (acting) talents and presence alone. I love it when they can express their feelings and just their acting through their eyes. Not a lot of actors can do that. RJL does a good job at that, which I love. I want to watch The Glory of the Tang Dynasty but unfortunately there’s no English subs. :mellow: From the scenes I’ve seen, like RJL is wow. 

44 minutes ago, rose_loves_ice said:

He does have a lot of screen presence. A very charming man indeed. I have a lot of respect and love for actors (and actresses), who most people do not entirely consider “handsome” or “beautiful”, that can draw in fans because of their (acting) talents and presence alone. I love it when they can express their feelings and just their acting through their eyes. Not a lot of actors can do that. RJL does a good job at that, which I love. I want to watch The Glory of the Tang Dynasty but unfortunately there’s no English subs. :mellow: From the scenes I’ve seen, like RJL is wow. 

You can watch Destiny of White Snake on Viki.

On 3/18/2020 at 1:03 AM, AwkwarDerp said:

I’m doing english translation too! That’s good that there are people picking up this book! Good luck 

Yes! It’s quite a work here! There’s a lot of title and history event and idiom that I need to understand before the translation! Good luck to you too! Maybe we can help each other Lol

On 3/18/2020 at 12:52 AM, HopelesslyHooked said:

Wow! Would you mind sharing your translation? that would be so great!

You can check the indonesian translation at theredbibleid.wordpress.com or at wattpad

Archived