Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2019] Different Dreams, 이몽

Just dropping in to thank everyone who contributed to this forum :D  I have just finished watching 'Different Dreams' and found many of your comments helpful and insightful in filling in some of the things I had missed while watching.  After watching the first episode I thought this drama wasn't going to be for me but I like to give a drama a '2 episode chance' and I am so glad I did.  I loved everything about it, the storyline, the characters, the cinematography, the build in intensity.  Someone mentioned that the writer had even given the support characters their own stories and this made it all the more interesting.  I loved that at the end we learned more about Hiroshi's driver/aide Maru and how Hiroshi had been like a Father to him and that I felt a connection between him and Young Jin in that they both were grieving for this man who had been a father figure in their lives and yet in reality he was a person who would do anything to gain power. 

I'm not a person who cries easily while watching a drama but I was surprised at how emotional I felt when Won Bong and Young Jin were at the river in the beginning of Episode 20.  The intensity of Won Bong's emotions as he thought of his dead comrades and that he is now the last one left -  almost trying to justify, rationalise that he was still alive - I could feel his anguish as he yelled out, swearing at them with his whole being :bawling: 

Also beside the characters and their stories is the whole story of Japan's occupation of Korea.  There is some interesting reading on the net about Korean liberation fighters, the Provisional Govt of Korea, etc.  It's made me think again about the country I was born in and how it was 'colonised' in the late 1700s by Britain and how now a lot of the 1st nation people have been disenfranchised :(  Yes this drama is going to stay with me for a while.....

• Insightful 3

@phetbeo5483 Thank you SO SO much for sharing this last long BTS vid! 

I was strongly emotional over it! Their last day of shooting, their last ensemble pic, the last glimpse at the actor playing Nam Ok, last interview for LYW and YJT! I had to stop every minutes because of the tears. 

I love this drama and don't want to leave it!       

@QSD Thank you too for the HD pics! 

I love her dream scene so much! It was so pretty, warm and sweet!  I regret it was only a dream: the idea of spy mummy and spy daddy raising their little daughter and certainly futur greatest surgeon of Joseon together is so endearing and satisfying:wub:

I'd love to watch this period of their lives.

But i guess with the writer wanting to end the drama on them going back to the spy work one last time to end things for good with Matsuura, it wasn't possible to do a time jump and that's why they went for a dream! 

But i admit it also makes more sense to use it as way for YJ to battle for her life and to express her desire to live and become a wife and a mother.     

I love the parallel that she has here with KWB. 

They never questioned their violent actions no matter how dangerous they were: they seemed ready to risk everything and were so ignorant about what it meant until she lost her maid and Hiroshi and he lost the Heroic Corps.

That's why she couldn't return to Kim Gu and the KPG after waking up and chose instead to find refuge in Tae Joon's farm.

It was the place where she fell in love and got for the first time a sense of family which is now what she looks for. It was her way to recover and to say that she needed to find a new way to fight which could preserve her life.

That KWB had to search everywhere for her meant that he had symbolically a long way to go to let of of his desire of revenge and join her in making real this dream that isn't about independence.

He had to admit first his desire to live during the river scene where he told YJ why couldn't die with Nam Ok and then realize what it meant to miss her so much.   

This arc was really well developped and brought to its conclusion beautifully for both of them.

@luvkstyle Welcome to the thread. 

It's good that you enjoy this long discussion and find in it more reasons to appreciate the drama.

It's pity that we lost many contributors along the way: i hope they didn't give up on the drama. It was so worth the time spent on it!

It's totally true that every character got to shine in one way or the other. Nobody was small and all contributed to make this story a detailed, complex and compelling work.  

The parallel between YJ and Hiroshi's aide is spot on. They were indeed linked to each other through him by their search of a fatherly figure. I don't think that it's too much to say that they almost have a sibling bond.

I noticed that Maru's arc was even more developed after he was released from jail by Fukuda. 

He clearly started to develop a strong admiration for KWB: his charisma, his strength, courage and passion for independence left him in a awe. Especially after he saved the leader's life and felt responsible for protecting him. They took separate ways but Maru is clearly ready to join him at every moment.

I fear i will never shut up about this drama: it was a dream come true for me too :w00t:  

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

uc?export=view&id=1KGeFXRnWUMJPhwsaTfXyY

uc?export=view&id=1Qrc5WuOp_F17M43gXf5hV

uc?export=view&id=1Bd4B7rI-ZFrGWZgEfwdl1

Beautiful dream.  The little girl is so cute.

• Like 4

Perfect gifs!

In the second one, she remembered that he loves so much to stroke her hair! He's always doing it!:heart:

I must make later a top of my favourites kisses and hugs! 

I can already said that the last one in Manchuria has a high rank! :blush:

My lovely cast!:heart:

At the press conf:

YJT is just stunning: how can this man be real? :scream: 

At the wrap party! 

• Like 4

uc?export=view&id=1RV8ACqmDIaBnHfBLQ8u5z

uc?export=view&id=13rMoq6A8m1SPF68dZasPW

The final romance and gorgeous sunset.

• Like 5

On twitter, this account joohwanim made a fun parallel: 

In drama

D_1N-8yUIAAq9_F?format=jpg&name=360x360

Vs real life

D_1N_LMU8AEA_-4?format=jpg&name=360x360*

Fukuda is one unlucky guy: it works for all those Joseon women fighters!

In drama 

D_1N_8BU0AIo2Ya?format=jpg&name=360x360

Vs reality

D_1OAcNUEAIE-9u?format=jpg&name=360x360

Thankfully for him: Miki is not that kind of girl! :lol:

I don't know  anymore how to link tweets with the new layout: the direct links have disappeared and the HTML code doesn't work. 

I'm not even using Twitter on my phone, only my PC. So this update has zero interest for me!:tears:  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

uc?export=view&id=1T6ZCPDcioBcKFlshy0UyQ

YJ is merciless on Oda.  Fukuda could careless that she killed his boss. 

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

On 7/20/2019 at 6:36 AM, QSD said:

YJ is merciless on Oda.  Fukuda could careless that she killed his boss. 

He really seemed to not care about anybody except LYJ and Hiroshi and a little bit on the side about Miki (he never denounced her and keep coming back to her each time LYJ hurt his feelings).

It's part sad and part fascinating:  he didn't even go back to his family even when his father died and tried to find instead a place inside the KPG, close to people who would have killed him few months ago in the same merciless way (i can't forget how Jung Im shot him twice).

Thanks for the pics of his rescue of YJ at the club attack! 

His intentions weren't clear: i can't help but think he had a short "dark phase" starting the moment where KWB said he was trustworthy. 

KWB's plan was basically a suicide mission and regarding his feelings for LYJ who were still very strong, Fukuda would have been the big winner if fate would have been on his side and KWB wouldn't have survived. 

That's maybe why he did insist that  KWB didn't want her at the club with him. That was KWB's real words but it emphasized more the gap between LYJ and KWB on this point, and Fukuda seemed to know perfectly that it would have fueled her desire to go and join him. While himself not saying anything about what she should do to not seem to oppose her.   

The way he was watching her at her house behind the doors and the fact he didn't try to stop her when she said she was going while he knew the danger was really ambiguous.   

An then he saved her and took her to an unknown place, without trying to inform anyone about their whereabouts. It's certain that he went back to the house to take clothes and more of things that she could need but he stayed as discreet as possible. It wasn't only because of the bounty: even so he could have informed at least Miki who survived and was in touch with Hiroshi's aide.

He took care of LYJ but in a possessive way. Then he realized that he couldn't love her in this secretive and misleading way: by depriving her of everything that became important in her life like KWB and the KPG and he released her and himself. It was like an ultimate test.

Finding a place in the KPG was the only way to took a path where he had to prove to everyone including himself that he wasn't doing the things he was doing for her, until it became true. I still believe that he started it because of his feelings for her but then it became personal.

At the same time, his mind would not need to worry about where she was and what she was doing at the risk to miss her again. He was close enough to be aware of her presence and her missions and busy enough with his own safety and actions to not be absorbed anymore by her. 

I felt he was a little bit flirting with Miki few months later in the party planned to kill Matsuura, so  i take it as meaning his passion was already fading away as he wished it. 

I enjoyed this arc but really wished we had more times to see it unfold.    

To think that there's no episodes this week and it hurts while it's only been one week!:bawling: 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

100th anniversary of the 3-1 movement, messages from the 2 leads from DD

OST cover for DD

Cheongbang's leader back stage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

uc?export=view&id=1eZR-oS6UD8u7JEDkaYurt

uc?export=view&id=1JqnMMEeCGY6W-jPRhb5YI

uc?export=view&id=1LJAPxQqrepnH2UwYdDxnI

Some Fujin moments.

• Like 3

I just finished Different Dreams and I liked the ending, I was surprised (but glad) that the 4 main characters survived. It was overall a nice drama for me, with a good ost and a great cast. Kudos to the crew :heart:

• Like 4

On 7/21/2019 at 7:18 AM, blu76off said:

100th anniversary of the 3-1 movement, messages from the 2 leads from DD

Thank you a lot for the vid! 

I love to see that their involvement in this project goes beyond their work as actors: It was something meaningful on a personal level.

YJT's speech looked intense and emotional for him and for us to watch. 

I wonder who are the rest of the people: the descendants and family of the independence fighters?     

On 7/21/2019 at 7:18 AM, blu76off said:

Cheongbang's leader back stage

Aww they're still friends! It's cute! :heart:

On 7/21/2019 at 9:28 AM, QSD said:

Some Fujin moments.

My 3 favourite  romantic Fujin moments were:

1. His confession in the garden of her house: it was so beautifully shot and their smiles!
  2. Their bench scene in Shanghai (i'm sad that we've been deprived of the rest of the date: i want to see their dinner).
  3. The garden scene at the club celebration of her father's promotion where he put his coat on her.     

All were so pretty and full of warm and sincere feelings! 

I really enjoyed to watch him fall in love for the first time.  LJH nailed all the feelings from Fukuda's first impression when her beauty took his breath away and he realized  it was love at first sight,  the passion that submerged him, the shocking pain when he was unexpectedly rejected, the yearning for her presence when he couldn't see her, his jealousy and possessiveness,  the impossibility for him to let go or to forget her, to his final acceptation that it was one sided.   

17 hours ago, loversbridge said:

I just finished Different Dreams and I liked the ending, I was surprised (but glad) that the 4 main characters survived. It was overall a nice drama for me, with a good ost and a great cast. Kudos to the crew :heart:

We've been blessed with so many good songs! 

Thank @blu76off for all the covers!

• Like 4

@titania1000 I don't think all of them are and I'm not sure how they are selected to be on stage :) They are reciting the declaration of independence I think, based on google translate. Lee Je Hoon is probably there because of his part in the movie Park Yeol, who is also an independent fighter.

I'm not sure if anyone has shared this previously from Park Hana's instagram :)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1