[Drama 2019] Different Dreams, 이몽

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/6/2019 at 1:12 PM, Queen SD said:

FB

Wow such a beautiful scene for love talk.

Who is the guy walking with LYJ? definitely not your beloved Fukuda... :lol:

In such romance-worthy atmosphere, I sense that they are talking abt putting a gun to someone's heads instead of love talk, haha. 

It seems they finished the filming ?

April 10, 2019

Drama portrays life of freedom fighter 
MBC TV series to rekindle controversy about him

optimize

Actor Yoo Ji-tae will play legendary independence fighter Kim Won-bong in MBC's new period drama "Different Dreams" / courtesy of MBC

By Park Jin-hai The Korea Times

MBC's upcoming blockbuster period drama "Different Dreams" will portray the life of legendary independence fighter Kim Won-bong.

The drama is set in Seoul, Manchuria and Shanghai during the Japanese colonial rule of Korea (1910-1945). 

Starring Yoo Ji-tae and Lee Yo-won, the story revolves around Kim Won-bong, who organized a group of Korean independence fighters called Uiyeoldan at the age of 22 and led armed resistance against the Japanese imperialists. 

Actress Lee plays a surgeon named Lee Young-jin, a Korean adopted by a Japanese couple. She later becomes a spy for the Korean government-in-exile in Shanghai. 

It is being broadcast to commemorate the centennial of the March 1 Independence Movement and establishment of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea in Shanghai.

Yoon Sang-ho, director of the upcoming drama, said he wanted to make "the second Eyes of Dawn," referencing MBC's hit drama, aired between October 1991 and February 1992. 

"That drama was a masterpiece that depicted the pains of Korea's modern history. When I was young, the heart-touching drama captivated me so much that I thought I would like to do a project set in that period too," the director said during a press event at the network's headquarters in Seoul, Tuesday. 

"Uiyeoldan was the most threatening organization to Japan in Korea's independence movement history. Along with its leader Kim Won-bong, many other activists' lives have been reflected in the story."

The Saturday drama, made on a budget of 20 billion won, has finished filming 30 of its 40 episodes, each 30 minutes long. 

The late patriot has more recently been embroiled in a controversy between the government and conservative rightist groups. After the Ministry of Patriots and Veterans Affairs moved to recognize Kim as an independence fighter to confer an order on him, conservative politicians and the Korean Veterans Association objected for his later activities in support of North Korea. 

No one denies Kim's selfless and relentless fight for national independence before liberation in 1945. Along with Uiyeoldan, he also organized the Korean Volunteers Army in 1938 and later served as the deputy commander of the Korean Liberation Army. 

In fact, due to his armed independence activities, including assassinations of Japanese officials and their collaborators and attacks on Japanese military sites, the Japanese police put a bigger bounty on Kim's head than Kim Koo, the longest-running and final president of the provisional government.

While Kim Koo is hailed as a national hero, Kim Won-bong's patriotic deeds have mostly been ignored. 

Kim Won-bong went to the North in 1948 and is alleged to have become a statesman who contributed to establishment of the regime there. But Kim Il-sung purged him in 1958.

Under the current law, the honorable treatment of independence fighters is limited to those who "didn't directly contribute to the establishment of the North Korean regime." 

"In the 1920s and 1930s, various activists with the single goal of independence sought their own ways depending on their different ideologies and values. There were conflicts between different groups but after all, they joined hands together for independence," the drama's chief producer Kim Seung-mo said. 

"I knew the risk of making a big budget drama. But marking the centennial, I felt some responsibility myself to make this drama in order to pay tribute to their heroic lives and sacrifices," Yoon said.

The drama will premiere May 4 at 9:05 p.m. on MBC. 

jinhai@koreatimes.co.kr

On 4/10/2019 at 4:18 PM, rubie said:

Yoon Sang-ho, director of the upcoming drama, said he wanted to make "the second Eyes of Dawn," referencing MBC's hit drama, aired between October 1991 and February 1992. 

Wow! :blink: This is serious! That dorama became a cult, so the director will have to work hard to do what he planned. And the more interesting it will be to see what happens in the end. Will this dorama be as exciting as "Eyes of Dawn" ??? Intrigued!:w00t:

Archived