[Drama 2019] Different Dreams, 이몽

Go Seung Ji

16 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Now about KWB, it seems that there is trouble brewing in his corner of the spy world, the Heroic Corps. His second hand Kim Nam Ok asked him, if YJ ever put their Corps in trouble because she has different goals from them would KWB be able to kill her? KWB said he will be able to do what he has to do for the good of heroic corps. That was their code of rules. But when Kim Yeung Jin almost got caught and was followed to the hide out, Nam Ok wanted to kill Yeung Jin but when he gave the gone to WB, he was not able to shoot YJ who was kneeling and crying on the floor. Will there be enmity between Nam Ok and WB? Will there be a fissure within the heroic corps? 

KWB accepted payment to rid of Song Byong Soo the adoptive father of Miki. Getting interesting. 

I think KWB did well in that situation. He had 2 options: 1. Kill KYJ because he made the mistake (it's a mistake, not a betrayal like the guy in first ep). 2. Have mercy on KYJ, which would create great loyalty from him later. 

And he chose the 2nd option. If he chose the 1st option which would strengthen Heroic's rule: "you go against Heroic's rule, you die", but on the other hand, it will also create fears among the members. Loyalty can be created from fear or mercy, I think it's KWB's case, mercy is a better option. He hasn't real power yet to rule based on fear.

This incident shows that heroic's members are human, they're not robots... I can totally feel KYJ when he risked his life to meet his wife on her birthday. In this week's ep, I also see KWB's human side. When Nam Ok asked him to get rid of KYJ because KYJ is Tae-joon's person, not Heroic's, KWB told Nam Ok that KYJ had nowhere to go, so just let Heroic be his home. Of course, it's better to keep KYJ in watch, if he wanders outside, he's probably caught and cause trouble to Heroic. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, QSD said:

It's strange why Miki sticking to him and getting spanked in every 3 days.  It can’t be that she likes being whipped.  Maybe she loves being spoiled by him and enjoying the power for staying with him at the same time.  She might have something under her sleeves.  We shall see…

Maybe because she has no better option rather than live under her adoptive father's house. She has nowhere to go... and if she dares run away, with that man's power (even Hiroshi bows to him), he will catch her back in the blink of an eye and punish her more. Like Oda said, many powerful men adopt Joseon kids with the purpose to polish their images (Hiroshi is a rare case that has another purpose, we'll see what is it later). That man keeps Miki around to enhance his image as a kind-hearted person. He also creates her fame as a popular singer and noble lady. So, basically, they both need each other for their benefits, no emotion involved. 

I think it's understandable if later Miki shows her jealousy or even hatred towards LYJ. Because they are both adopted, but the ways they're raised are totally different. While LYJ is well educated and promoted, Miki is just a vase of flowers to decorate her father's image. It's also the reason why Fukuda is attracted by LYJ, not Miki. I feel bad for Miki at the ceremony when most of ppl gawked at her on stage, Fukuda only had LYJ in his eyes. 

5 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

I think KWB did well in that situation. He had 2 options: 1. Kill KYJ because he made the mistake (it's a mistake, not a betrayal like the guy in first ep). 2. Have mercy on KYJ, which would create great loyalty from him later. 

And he chose the 2nd option. If he chose the 1st option which would strengthen Heroic's rule: "you go against Heroic's rule, you die", but on the other hand, it will also create fears among the members. Loyalty can be created from fear or mercy, I think it's KWB's case, mercy is a better option. He hasn't real power yet to rule based on fear.

This incident shows that heroic's members are human, they're not robots... I can totally feel KYJ when he risked his life to meet his wife on her birthday. In this week's ep, I also see KWB's human side. When Nam Ok asked him to get rid of KYJ because KYJ is Tae-joon's person, not Heroic's, KWB told Nam Ok that KYJ had nowhere to go, so just let Heroic be his home. Of course, it's better to keep KYJ in watch, if he wanders outside, he's probably caught and cause trouble to Heroic. 

I get that, I am not questioning KWB's actions, but Nam Ok's mindset, will Nam Ok or is Nam Ok really ok with that decision? He seemed to have accepted it at the moment but is there a lingering doubt in his mind? That is what am asking. Maybe not, maybe yes... we shall see

Why do they only have the drama episodes only on Saturdays? Couldn't they have episodes on Sundays too? This is getting good especially when the 2 lead guys who are enemies have faced the other.... and is a long way to Saturdy LOL

21 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

I think it's understandable if later Miki shows her jealousy or even hatred towards LYJ. Because they are both adopted, but the ways they're raised are totally different. While LYJ is well educated and promoted, Miki is just a vase of flowers to decorate her father's image. It's also the reason why Fukuda is attracted by LYJ, not Miki. I feel bad for Miki at the ceremony when most of ppl gawked at her on stage, Fukuda only had LYJ in his eyes. 

Glad you said so.  I honestly expecting you to berate her if she’s jealous or hostile towards YJ later, according to your post about Miki before the drama starts.  What a relief now.

2 hours ago, QSD said:

Glad you said so.  I honestly expecting you to berate her if she’s jealous or hostile towards YJ later, according to your post about Miki before the drama starts.  What a relief now.

Remember the rumored script before the drama was aired? it's said that Miki is LYJ's best friend (LOL) but when she discovered that her crush Fukuda loves LYJ, their relationship changes, and Miki becomes a time-bomb for LYJ. What the heck? :D this is the reason why I thought I would dislike Miki if she's a threat to LYJ only because of a man, considering their long-time bestie relationship. 

News even described Fukuda as LYJ's childhood friend, who always takes care of her and gradually falls in love with her. What the... ? :sweatingbullets:

After being fooled many times before, I remind myself to not trust any rumored sources before the drama is aired, but I till fall into their trap. Duh... 

Assuming Miki would still threaten/betray YJ later coz of a man, are you OK with that as well?

Not sure about the news regarding Fukuda & YJ are childhood friends, but I actually had speculated about it.  Maybe you heard it from me.

Thank you for putting this fanvid here @titania1000, it truly highlights how badass this character is. Yoo JI Tae is truly a handsome man :wub:.

I wanted to share this fanvid about the main ship Kim Won Bong and Lee Young Jin too (I don't remember if it was already shared here but kuddos to the vidder anyway) :

On 5/26/2019 at 2:23 AM, vaiduakhu said:

I'm glad that Fukuda was more confident and determined in ep 13-14. He gave real slap to Matsuraa, haha. LYJ's relationship with him saddened me a bit... he's wholeheartedly devoted to her. He was smart and cunning elsewhere but totally a fool in front of her. But she wasn't even honest with him. Can't blame her for that. Being spy is not an easy job... but what is your real feeling, LYJ? I wanna know. 

On 5/27/2019 at 1:47 AM, vaiduakhu said:

I loveeeeeee his wicked smile at the end... haha. 

Go, Fukuda, go get your girl ! Although I don't sail any ship in DD, I'm kinda biased towards Fukuda and LYJ ship. I favor the odd

Love Fukuda's wicked smile too. Fukuda is sincerely in love with YJ and he really acts a gentleman. In earlier eps, he looked like he gives YJ some latitude and acts like he truly does not know anything about her, however in their conversations, even if he is respectful and tries to win YJ's trust, I think that he is not that fool of a man. He said to her that "there comes a time that I will want to fully trust someone without conditions" and he said he did not ask about Manchuria because it was YJ who told him first. I think he wants to trust her but something in his expression tells me he is wary. He asked about the Man who accompanied YJ to Manchuria and said his imformant told him that he could be a spy from US or Russia and YJ said that the man was a medical supplier. Fukuda then says, introduce me sometime. There was a slight change in  YJ's face and she covered it by sipping tea then when she put the tea down she smiled again innocently. I also think that YJ can't be honest with him being that they are on opposite sides of the conflict. Fukuda tries to be honest while trying to woo her and tries to protect her but he is also a pragmatic and smart man. There will come a time when he will have to choose between his country and YJ. Which will he betray. I love how he stared with admiration at YJ wearing a Japanese Kimono, ahhhh if only they were not enemies and how he approached her and asked her to walk the gardens with him.  There is no aggression or force, it is what a man does when asking to be alone with someone he cares about and YJ knows she can always refuse. YJ is not a woman who lets herself be dominated either. They both know that marriage idea (daddy's) is on the table and waiting for YJ's acceptance. YJ has other plans and she wants to re-organize the running of the hospital. I think it will be Fukuda who will hurt most when his courtship is rejected because he sincerely respects and loves YJ while YJ's dedication is to her mission and Fukuda is the enemy occupier of her country. It will be interesting. I still am not too clear about Hiroshi. Definitely he is ambitious but what his goals are, I still am not sure. 

@zenya22 You make a really good point about Fukada not trusting YJ completely when she told him about KWB and Manchuria. He was acting very ambiguous there, and he doesn't outright say anything that confirm or deny whether he believes what she says or not. I don't know whether he is suspicious of YJ yet but he is definitely hyper aware of KWB because of the reports that he's a spy that's been hanging around YJ. 

3 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

@zenya22 You make a really good point about Fukada not trusting YJ completely when she told him about KWB and Manchuria. He was acting very ambiguous there, and he doesn't outright say anything that confirm or deny whether he believes what she says or not. I don't know whether he is suspicious of YJ yet but he is definitely hyper aware of KWB because of the reports that he's a spy that's been hanging around YJ. 

The thing about WB's cover or what YJ told him that WB is a medical supplier is somewhat thin. Fukuda has followed WB to the boutique and also sees WB hanging out at the boutique as if he is the boss when Fukuda went to get himself measured for a suit. The boutique is also a new business. When Seung Jin was chased by the Japanese police he disappeared around where the boutique was or where their hideout was. Fukuda is also now Matsuura's boss and the people working for Matsuura. Fukuda may order Matsuura and his men to stake the place more closely.

@QSDI think YJ's mission orders is to assist WB kill the count, but she is not to participate in any WB's corp activities' massive hostile attacks such as the blowing up of the government buildings because many people including Korean citizens working there will die and the neighboring buildings, businesses and houses will be destroyed depending on how big the bomb is and does not want Bluebird to get hurt because she has a bigger mission?  Who is this boss who gives orders to Bluebird?

I agree with your thoughts that Bluebird's mission does not exactly jell with WB's because for her, ending the war with minimal collateral damage to people defines her mission. She is a doctor afterall. It will be interesting to see a clash between WB and YJ and Nam Ok's reaction on how WB handles Bluebird. The YJ/WB has holes in it too. It is not smooth sailing and I support Bluebird. Just my thoughts. 

I still have my suspicions about who Hiroshi is and his goals. When Oda asked Hiroshi who is stronger the one who survived the fight or the one who fights to survive and Hiroshi's answer "if you still asking the question, then your position will be end." Which side is Hiroshi on? 

On 5/28/2019 at 4:54 AM, titania1000 said:

I was truly scared by the way he ordered Young Jin around: picking the dress for her, pushing on her the position of Vice Director despite her statement that she doesn't want it, shutting her before she can express any negative feelings about dating Fukuda.

He made himself clear she should date him with marriage in mind (!), which means that he's letting her time to get used to the idea but the decision has been already made for her by arrangement between the two men.  Hiroshi's ambition and Fukuda's obsessive feelings for her have trapped our spy heroine in a really complicated situation. She will need all Kim Won Bong's support (and we know he's very good at supporting his people) to endure it.   

Seeing how controlling Hiroshi is from what dress YJ has to wear, how her career should move up, and who she should marry to for her love life,  I’ve recalled the scene in ep 5(9-10) towards the end where YJ saying the day she took Hiroshi’s hand, her soul is locked in a glass case (Hani Doll).  It’s a choice she made to survive, whether as a Japanese or Korean.  So it doesn’t really matter she chose as a spy for her origin country since she couldn’t get out from his palms.  Although YJ isn’t physically abused by Hiroshi, her soul is tormented by him throughout.  He’s one scary man.  Don’t know how if she would be able to get out of his hands later.  It won’t be without scratches.

57 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

The thing about WB's cover or what YJ told him that WB is a medical supplier is somewhat thin. Fukuda has followed WB to the boutique and also sees WB hanging out at the boutique as if he is the boss when Fukuda went to get himself measured for a suit. The boutique is also a new business. When Seung Jin was chased by the Japanese police he disappeared around where the boutique was or where their hideout was. Fukuda is also now Matsuura's boss and the people working for Matsuura. Fukuda may order Matsuura and his men to stake the place more closely.

@QSDI think YJ's mission orders is to assist WB kill the count, but she is not to participate in any WB's corp activities' massive hostile attacks such as the blowing up of the government buildings because many people including Korean citizens working there will die and the neighboring buildings, businesses and houses will be destroyed depending on how big the bomb is and does not want Bluebird to get hurt because she has a bigger mission?  Who is this boss who gives orders to Bluebird?

I agree with your thoughts that Bluebird's mission does not exactly jell with WB's because for her, ending the war with minimal collateral damage to people defines her mission. She is a doctor afterall. It will be interesting to see a clash between WB and YJ and Nam Ok's reaction on how WB handles Bluebird. The YJ/WB has holes in it too. It is not smooth sailing and I support Bluebird. Just my thoughts. 

I still have my suspicions about who Hiroshi is and his goals. When Oda asked Hiroshi who is stronger the one who survived the fight or the one who fights to survive and Hiroshi's answer "if you still asking the question, then your position will be end." Which side is Hiroshi on? 

I think the orders were sent by her boss Kim Gu.  And yes, I think YJ's mission is to get as much info as possible from high-ranking officials, hence she's now reorganizing the hospital by sending out notifications to the officials at The Governor Office for regular checkups.  She certainly wouldn’t want KWB to blow it up.

Regarding to the question by Oda, I believe Hiroshi would choose the strong one is the survivor since he supports Count Noda, who is a powerful man.  I won't be surprised if the next goal for Hiroshi is the Governor of Governor Office position.  It seems like he wants YJ to follow his steps as well, from doctor to Vice-Director.

Archived