Quantcast
Jump to content
Go Seung Ji

[Current Drama 2019] Different Dreams, 이몽 - Saturdays @ 21:05 KST

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I've rewatched recently the 1st episode and realized that he had a strong reaction when Oda suggested to give up Young Jin when she was arrested, arguing that she's not even his biological daughter.

Through his strong rejection of this idea, the fact he agreed to sent her to Shanghai and his decision to pay a lot of money to hire a very dangerous spy to keep an eye on her,  it seems that he's indeed more attached to her than his cold attitude made it seem. It made  me wonder if there's a possibility that she could be his real daughter.

 

If he has no links with the korean resistance and doesn't know about her spy activity,  one motivation to help her so much could be simply that he's protecting his only blood child. His relationship with his wife seems to me to be quite awkward, as if he's faking the tenderness, so i wouldn't be surprised if he had an affair and kept it secret until he came back with his child.  

 

If you're talking about the woman in Hiroshi's house, I am positive she's not his wife, according to ep 4 towards the end where YJ eating.  She's a housekeeper.  I suspect she might be a real mom of YJ though.  Don't know if you guys notice in the scene where YJ saying she wants to work at The Government General Hospital to have a settled life, the woman is overly happy to have heard the news.  She then putting her hands on YJ’s thigh.  I notice  how YJ reacts by looking down for a split second. 

 

 

9 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I have a hard time to believe that Hiroshi has never found the book.

 

He's largely more experienced than her and after Esther's plan failed and Oda Told him about Yoo Tae Joon's involvement in the resistance, he must have searched through her things for evidences. Unless she carries the book always with her. But even in this case, she can't take it everywhere. 

 

Assuming this is true, he’s truly a mastermind if he going to use it against her later as his last card.  He knows YJ is capable to carry out a task which would be given to her.  And this is my theory.

 

9 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Since she returned, her only thoughts were for him,  attached to his words  and  especially his promise to start anew together. That's why she admitted  wanting to settle: to stay next to him, now that he's in town.

She looked like any girl rushing to meet her lover when she joined him at the tailorshop for a secret meeting (secrecy ruined by Fukuda by the way). and in the street, oh boy they so looked like lovers on date! Those smiles! She was glowing! Lee Yo Won never looked so pretty imo.( I don't talk about his feelings because they are obvious since the start^_^ )

 

 

When do you think he started to like her already?  I suppose at the scene where YJ eating on the street in Shanghai.  I see subtle reaction on his face while watching her eating.  I guess he likes seeing her happy and enjoying munching food.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fukuda is become more and more interesting.

I like the scenes between him and Miki.

He even laughed. 

And then a completely different facial expression when he

was watching YJ and BW from the car. :)

 

Looks like nothing can move a man like another man, being around the girl he likes.

And thats how Fukuda decided he needs a new suit. :D

 

 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As till now, Hiroshi is more interesting than both KWB and Fukuda. How come? :lol:

I think he means positive to LYJ. He's maybe bad or even evil, power-hunger outside, but he's a good father to LYJ. In other words, LYJ is in his good-nature side, other ppl are not... 

13 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I've rewatched recently the 1st episode and realized that he had a strong reaction when Oda suggested to give up Young Jin when she was arrested, arguing that she's not even his biological daughter.

Through his strong rejection of this idea, the fact he agreed to sent her to Shanghai and his decision to pay a lot of money to hire a very dangerous spy to keep an eye on her,  it seems that he's indeed more attached to her than his cold attitude made it seem. It made  me wonder if there's a possibility that she could be his real daughter.

 

If he has no links with the korean resistance and doesn't know about her spy activity,  one motivation to help her so much could be simply that he's protecting his only blood child. His relationship with his wife seems to me to be quite awkward, as if he's faking the tenderness, so i wouldn't be surprised if he had an affair and kept it secret until he came back with his child.     

 

Interesting theory! 

I think he's just adoptive father to LYJ, but raising her up and observing her since she was a child nurtures fondness and love from him towards her. In last ep, I watched that he saved LYJ from being killed by Japanese soldier, then extended his hand for her. And when he knew Oda was purposely tailing his daughter in Shanghai, he screamed to Oda's face. It's a natural action of a father when he knows ppl mean harm to his daughter.

Btw, I'm confused... I think the lady living with them is a housekeeper? because somewhere in first episodes, that lady told LYJ that she had been hired by Mr. and Mrs. Hiroshi. I assume that his wife passed away, so the housekeeper is now looking after the household and LYJ, and somehow becomes a family member. Probably, the Hiroshi couple didn't have their own child (or they lost their own one), so they loved LYJ as their real one.

 

13 hours ago, titania1000 said:

 

  • She has no feelings for Fukuda:  the fact is that she  rejected him coldly and in strategic move, for in her own words "protect Kim Bon Woong's identity and presence" in Shanghai. After the "break up" , she didn't think about him once and hasn't shown any regrets neither. She got absorbed by her relationship with Kim Bon Woong entirely to the point she's now making the moves to get closer to him and clearly not only as comrades.

 

She had slight feeling for or at least good impression about him. When she was kidnapped by the Shanghai gang (I forget the name :sweatingbullets:) and was informed a man was barging into the headquarter for her, the only person she thought abt is Fukuda. Such a big regret to Fukuda, if only he had forgotten abt his damn permission or command from the upper and just brainlessly barged into the den like KWB did...

 

KWB surely has romantic feeling to LYJ though he keeps reminding himself she's a time-bomb or inherent risk. Guess this is the case you know it's a cup of poison but you're willing to take it :lol: . However, not sure abt LYJ yet... her first motive to get close to KWB is it's an order from Kim-gu. Second, she's attracted by KWB's persistent goal in gaining independence for Joseon. Lastly, their fight together in Manchuria makes them closer but not to the point she has romantic feeling for him. 

I'm waiting for more signals from her, haha. Let's see her reaction when she hears her marriage arrangement in next eps !

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Through his strong rejection of this idea, the fact he agreed to sent her to Shanghai and his decision to pay a lot of money to hire a very dangerous spy to keep an eye on her,  it seems that he's indeed more attached to her than his cold attitude made it seem. It made  me wonder if there's a possibility that she could be his real daughter.

 

If he has no links with the korean resistance and doesn't know about her spy activity,  one motivation to help her so much could be simply that he's protecting his only blood child.

I like the idea that YJ could be Hiroshi's blood child. It makes for a more alluring story but would YJ really know that she is his blood child and if she does not know it would be intriguing how she will find out. Maybe it is even one reason why he wants her engaged to Fukuda already. Interesting idea. 

 

On 5/19/2019 at 10:15 AM, vaiduakhu said:

Everyone steps up in the love game, except Fukuda :D . KWB and Miki are the leading horses now with their bold moves. LYJ is not much in the love game, she's too busy but she's holding the key to end it. Cha Jung Im took slight moves already by implying here and there, KWB must be blind if he wasn't aware of it. 

Only Fukuda, poor man ! he has great advantage with Hiroshi's support, but he's too incompetent in this love competition. I expect some daring moves from Fukuda in next eps. 

I do too expect some daring move from Fukuda in the next eps.... I know am the only Fujin shipper here and I know already that my ship is doomed but I hope I see some temporary sailing of my ship before it gets doomed? .... ya think there is a chance.... ?????

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is early to write off Fujin already.  There is a scene of Fukuda putting a coat on YJ in the yard/garden at the event which YJ wearing a red kimono.  Besides, we still have more than half way to go till the end.  There got to be more scenes of them in the upcoming episodes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, QSD said:

If you're talking about the woman in Hiroshi's house, I am positive she's not his wife, according to ep 4 towards the end where YJ eating.  She's a housekeeper.  I suspect she might be a real mom of YJ though.  Don't know if you guys notice in the scene where YJ saying she wants to work at The Government General Hospital to have a settled life, the woman is overly happy to have heard the news.  She then putting her hands on YJ’s thigh.  I notice  how YJ reacts by looking down for a split second. 

 

12 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Btw, I'm confused... I think the lady living with them is a housekeeper? because somewhere in first episodes, that lady told LYJ that she had been hired by Mr. and Mrs. Hiroshi. I assume that his wife passed away, so the housekeeper is now looking after the household and LYJ, and somehow becomes a family member. Probably, the Hiroshi couple didn't have their own child (or they lost their own one), so they loved LYJ as their real one.

 

Thank you both for correcting this point: i was completely lost! 

I missed the part where it was said that his wife died and couldn't understand why he was treating this lady like family while keeping a relationship so formal with her. Also she doesn't have the look of rich japanese woman. 

I assumed she was Young Jin's adoptive mother because she was so nice to her, so protective, almost motherly. it was ovious that she raised Young Jin and that the young woman loved her deeply too.   

Somehow the fact that he's raising her "alone"convinces me a little bit more that she could be his real daugther.  

 

16 hours ago, QSD said:

Assuming this is true, he’s truly a mastermind if he going to use it against her later as his last card.  He knows YJ is capable to carry out a task which would be given to her.  And this is my theory.

 

That's why i wrote that  i would be very worried for her if he changes sides and stops protecting her; but the more i think about it and the more i like the theory that he loves her as his real daughter and has no intention to harm her.

However they're not protected against the possibility that someone could use their family bond to force her to reveal herself. Fukuda is well placed to use such means.

 

3 hours ago, zenya22 said:

I like the idea that YJ could be Hiroshi's blood child. It makes for a more alluring story but would YJ really know that she is his blood child and if she does not know it would be intriguing how she will find out. Maybe it is even one reason why he wants her engaged to Fukuda already. Interesting idea. 

 

It would be even more tragic if it's been revealed that she's been his biological daughter. She's been so distant from him all her life, to discover only now how much she missed all those years would be devastating....

I'm being lead away by my imagination  here but only because this theory of  the father and the daughter working together and protecting each other is so good, it could filled an another drama by itself!   

 

12 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Interesting theory! 

I think he's just adoptive father to LYJ, but raising her up and observing her since she was a child nurtures fondness and love from him towards her. In last ep, I watched that he saved LYJ from being killed by Japanese soldier, then extended his hand for her. And when he knew Oda was purposely tailing his daughter in Shanghai, he screamed to Oda's face. It's a natural action of a father when he knows ppl mean harm to his daughter.

 

I missed this scene: a rewatch will be necessary. ^_^ Her rescue could have been a total coincidence but personally i feel that their relationship is taking too much place in the story to not contain a twist to come!

Hopefully a happy one: where they would be able to break the glass window between them

I'm ok with any outcome (adoption or blood family), as long as he cares sincerely about her. .    

 

16 hours ago, QSD said:

When do you think he started to like her already?  I suppose at the scene where YJ eating on the street in Shanghai.  I see subtle reaction on his face while watching her eating.  I guess he likes seeing her happy and enjoying munching food.

 

Before Shanghai for me.

I think he was attracted at first sight but was so busy trying to find a way to kill urgently a traitor on his side that he didn't take time to think about it much. But he had to admit to himself on the boat to China that he wanted to see her and not only for professional reasons. 

He put on a suit to seduce her (and i'm pretty sure that it had a real effect on her :wub:but she repressed strongly her attraction because at the time it would have seem crazy to think about him as anything else but an enemy) and was hurt by her rejection. Their sassy dialogues were a joy to hear. I wish we had more of it.:lol: 

 In episode 6 while they were returning to Korea, Nam Ok discussed the fact that Won Bong never really felt in love before despite being attractive to few women like the girl (played by Park Ha Na) who joined their team. So dealing with his attraction is going to be a big deal for Young Jin and him.

 

12 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

She had slight feeling for or at least good impression about him. When she was kidnapped by the Shanghai gang (I forget the name :sweatingbullets:) and was informed a man was barging into the headquarter for her, the only person she thought abt is Fukuda. Such a big regret to Fukuda, if only he had forgotten abt his damn permission or command from the upper and just brainlessly barged into the den like KWB did...

 

Sorry i presented my opinion like a fact! I didn't intend offend their shippers! :sweatingbullets:

To me, her attraction was always mixed with the fact that she's an agent of the pratriotic Corps. I can't tell how sincere she was, when he revealed his feelings, even though she seemed to have a genuine good impression of him after he saved her from jail. 

It's a good hypothesis that you're making: what if Fukuda didn't wait and came inside to save her?

I don't think he could have forced his way like Won Bong did but who knows?

She hoped for Fukuda  because had she no reason to expect our leader of Heroic Corps: it was a shock for her to see him. 

But after Manchuria, it seems to me that nothing is left of her ancient inclination for Fukuda though it doesn't mean that she can't still flirt with him in order to advance her plans... 

   

12 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

KWB surely has romantic feeling to LYJ though he keeps reminding himself she's a time-bomb or inherent risk. Guess this is the case you know it's a cup of poison but you're willing to take it :lol: . However, not sure abt LYJ yet... her first motive to get close to KWB is it's an order from Kim-gu. Second, she's attracted by KWB's persistent goal in gaining independence for Joseon. Lastly, their fight together in Manchuria makes them closer but not to the point she has romantic feeling for him. 

I'm waiting for more signals from her, haha. Let's see her reaction when she hears her marriage arrangement in next eps !

 

Our hero doesn't doubt her anymore, not since the confession on the station platform: he knows for who she works, so  she's not a ticking bomb anymore.    

I agree: we need more signals from her to be sure. Especially since i'm pretty sure that Kim Won Bong won't try anything now:  with Fukuda making certainly a move, based on his reactions of last week and in the next trailer, to affirm his position as her protector and only love interest, Kim Won Bong  would have many reasons to protect his team and his plans by taking a step back.

 

@QSD Thanks so much for those pics! My heart beats way faster each time i come to this page and see my OTP looking so good together and so perfect for each other! :heart:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, QSD said:

 

If you're talking about the woman in Hiroshi's house, I am positive she's not his wife, according to ep 4 towards the end where YJ eating.  She's a housekeeper.  I suspect she might be a real mom of YJ though.  Don't know if you guys notice in the scene where YJ saying she wants to work at The Government General Hospital to have a settled life, the woman is overly happy to have heard the news.  She then putting her hands on YJ’s thigh.  I notice  how YJ reacts by looking down for a split second. 

 

 

 

Assuming this is true, he’s truly a mastermind if he going to use it against her later as his last card.  He knows YJ is capable to carry out a task which would be given to her.  And this is my theory.

 

 

When do you think he started to like her already?  I suppose at the scene where YJ eating on the street in Shanghai.  I see subtle reaction on his face while watching her eating.  I guess he likes seeing her happy and enjoying munching food.

 

I think he was already intrigue by her in their first meeting. Then probably unintentionally he like her after he stalked her for 2 months lol 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, 12blbl said:

 

I think he was already intrigue by her in their first meeting. Then probably unintentionally he like her after he stalked her for 2 months lol 

 

This could be true.  After KWB was informed that CheongBang has YJ, he wants to barge in to rescue her.  Nam Ok trying to stop him but couldn't, then saying to KWB has shadowing her for 2 months made you mad?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, zenya22 said:

I do too expect some daring move from Fukuda in the next eps.... I know am the only Fujin shipper here and I know already that my ship is doomed but I hope I see some temporary sailing of my ship before it gets doomed? .... ya think there is a chance.... ?????

 

You are not alone, haha. Members in LYW's thread all sail Fujin ship and have life-jackets ready to jump when the ship sinks. :D

With the engagement in next ep which we're anticipating, Fujin ship will lead the race for a while. I hope LYJ won't feel negative abt Fukuda after this kinda forced marriage arrangement. She's not the type to make a fuss over this, but she will keep this unsettling feelings abt both Fukuda and Hiroshi. 

 

5 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Sorry i presented my opinion like a fact! I didn't intend offend their shippers! :sweatingbullets:

To me, her attraction was always mixed with the fact that she's an agent of the pratriotic Corps. I can't tell how sincere she was, when he revealed his feelings, even though she seemed to have a genuine good impression of him after he saved her from jail. 

It's a good hypothesis that you're making: what if Fukuda didn't wait and came inside to save her?

I don't think he could have forced his way like Won Bong did but who knows?

She hoped for Fukuda  because had she no reason to expect our leader of Heroic Corps: it was a shock for her to see him. 

But after Manchuria, it seems to me that nothing is left of her ancient inclination for Fukuda though it doesn't mean that she can't still flirt with him in order to advance her plans... 

   

 

Our hero doesn't doubt her anymore, not since the confession on the station platform: he knows for who she works, so  she's not a ticking bomb anymore.    

I agree: we need more signals from her to be sure. Especially since i'm pretty sure that Kim Won Bong won't try anything now:  with Fukuda making certainly a move, based on his reactions of last week and in the next trailer, to affirm his position as her protector and only love interest, Kim Won Bong  would have many reasons to protect his team and his plans by taking a step back.

 

No need to say sorry... Fujin shippers know they are taking highest risk, haha. 

As much as KWB is obvious abt his feeling toward LYJ, I also don't think he will advance anything. He will focus on Heroic's goal. And if choosing b/w LYJ and Heroic, we all know the obvious choice is. 

Btw, besides Kim-gu, why there isn't any member from KPG in this drama? Kim--gu said Bluebird is the code for KPG's members to recognize LYJ. I'm looking forward to her comrades. She's kinda alone now. I don't think she's very much in to Heroic, she maybe side with them, but not one of them. (infamous quote from Sherlock Holmes: "I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them") :lol:

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I'm bored and there is only 1 ep to be air this week (ep 13-14) link, let's do a "scary" game. :sweatingbullets:

Who you think will die next in this drama among remarkable characters from KWB & LYJ's side? I don't care abt their enemy's side. 

So far, Esther and Tae-joon. 

Who you think who will die next? I fear for Cha Jung Im.

I also doubt abt Hiroshi and Nam Ok's survival in the end of this drama. For the leads, I'm most worried abt LYJ. KWB is almost safe because this drama is abt his journey. Fukuda and Miki are not involved in any life-danger activities so far. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, vaiduakhu said:

 

You are not alone, haha. Members in LYW's thread all sail Fujin ship and have life-jackets ready to jump when the ship sinks. :D

With the engagement in next ep which we're anticipating, Fujin ship will lead the race for a while. I hope LYJ won't feel negative abt Fukuda after this kinda forced marriage arrangement. She's not the type to make a fuss over this, but she will keep this unsettling feelings abt both Fukuda and Hiroshi. 

 

 

No need to say sorry... Fujin shippers know they are taking highest risk, haha. 

As much as KWB is obvious abt his feeling toward LYJ, I also don't think he will advance anything. He will focus on Heroic's goal. And if choosing b/w LYJ and Heroic, we all know the obvious choice is. 

Btw, besides Kim-gu, why there isn't any member from KPG in this drama? Kim--gu said Bluebird is the code for KPG's members to recognize LYJ. I'm looking forward to her comrades. She's kinda alone now. I don't think she's very much in to Heroic, she maybe side with them, but not one of them. (infamous quote from Sherlock Holmes: "I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them") :lol:

 

Someone around YJ must be her assistant and knows she's Bluebird.  So far I remember only the current housekeeper and the other one in Shanghai which passed away already.  Is there anyone else that she contacted with which I missed?  BTW, after she arrived from Manchuria, she went to this place I believe it's not her home.  Wondering what is that place, her secret meeting with someone?

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vaiduakhu said:

Since I'm bored and there is only 1 ep to be air this week (ep 13-14), let's do a "scary" game. :sweatingbullets:

Who you think will die next in this drama among remarkable characters from KWB & LYJ's side only. I don't care abt their enemy's side. 

So far, Esther and Tae-joon. 

Who you think who will die next? I fear for Cha Jung Im.

I also doubt abt Hiroshi and Nam Ok's survival in the end of this drama. For the leads, I'm most worried abt LYJ. KWB is almost safe because this drama is abt his journey. Fukuda and Miki are not involved in any life-danger activities so far. 

 

Probably no one will die yet since it's only half episodes this time.  It's safe to say not Cha Jung Im, Hiroshi, or Nam OK.  Not till much later. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were you guys surprised that Ishida, chief surgeon of The Government General Hospital is mixed?  I’ve always thought he’s pure Japanese by his character description.  Never ever trust the description again!  Nevertheless, I think it’s a good development that he is.  Not only Hiroshi could cover his criminal act, now Ishida has even more reasons to dislike YJ for her origin and being the daughter of Hiroshi.  For this, I appreciate the writer for writing such script.  The characters have motives for why they are.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KgiCRx26OMEx636942894941128180.jpg

Spoiler

Sorry zenya22, it is not for engagement.  YJ attending a high-class banquet where high-ranking officials are attendees.  She starting to infiltrate them.

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...