Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Current Drama 2019] Different Dreams, 이몽 - Saturdays @ 21:05 KST

Lee Yo-won, Yoo Ji-tae become freedom fighters for Different Dream
lyw_yjt1.png

It looks like there’s been a casting switcheroo for historical drama Different Dream. Originally last year, Lee Young-ae (Dae Jang Geum) was considering the project, but it looks like she’s no longer a part of the project. Instead, Lee Yo-won (Buam-dong Revenge Social Club) will be leading the cast as the spy-doctor heroine. She’ll be joined by the one and only Yoo Ji-tae (Mad Dog), who will be playing the famous independence fighter Kim Won-bong.

Read more on Dramabeans

• Like 7

Thanks for the updates.  Looking forward to having a great and friendly discussion in the future.  May we all enjoy a fun ride.

• Like 2

I’m soo looking forward to this drama, I heard Iris was a major hit, hope the writer nim makes another great story. 

• Like 2

I`ve wished to see Lee Young Ae in another drama since I did not watch her last drama Saimdang, Light`s Diary but It`s good to see Lee Yo won again as well. And Yoo Ji Tae!

I love the cast and the genre. This drama is on my watch list. :D

• Like 2

a592a41086b54755852edd68037878bd.jpeg?s=

Im Joo Hwan To Join Lee Yo Won And Yoo Ji Tae In Upcoming Spy Drama by K. Lew

Im Joo Hwan will be making his drama comeback alongside Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Yo Won in upcoming drama “Different Dreams” (also known as “Lee Mong”).

A source from the drama’s production company confirmed, “Following Yoo Ji Tae playing Kim Won Bong and Lee Yo Won playing Lee Young Jin, Im Joo Hwan has been cast as the third lead.”

“Lee Mong” is set in Gyeongseong (currently known as Seoul), Manchuria, and Singapore during the Japanese colonial occupation. It follows Korean doctor Lee Young Jin who was adopted and raised by Japanese parents and Kim Bong Won, the head of a secret organization fighting for Korean independence. The two become undercover agents in Shanghai, as they get sucked into the war in the Pacific.

Im Joo Hwan will be playing Japanese prosecutor Fukuda. With good looks and elegance, he is a character with gentlemanly manners. Though he is Japanese, he protects his belief between Koreans and Japanese. Compared to her risky, double life with Kim Won Bong, Fukuda offers Lee Young Jin a more comfortable, restful love.

Lim Joo Hwan previously worked on projects such as “The Con Artists,” “Bride of the Water God,” “Oh My Ghostess,” and more.

“Lee Mong” is slated to air May of 2019 on MBC.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1237393wpp/im-joo-hwan-join-lee-yo-won-yoo-ji-tae-upcoming-spy-drama

• Like 7

Any chingus checking this thread....is the period of the drama similar to Gaksital? I mean Bridal Mask? ( the only historical drama I watch from start to finish.) I'm not fond of historical genres but  I'm waiting for this because I like the story and Yoo Ji Tae.. I'm not familiar with the other two leads

• Like 1

84s.jpg

87s.jpg

The PD of DD has an interview.  He talks a little bit more about its development and story.  The new storyboard includes more images than the previous one.  Here’s the excerpt relating to DD.

I have a pre-production drama "DD" shooting in front of me. It is known as the period drama that dealt with the relationship between 'Lee Young-jin' (Lee Yowon), the first surgeon of Joseon and 'Kim Won-bong' (Yoo Jitae).
It is about 30 years later than Mr. Sunshine in the times. It begins with the story of the early days when the Shanghai interim government and the feuding party were in conflict. Kim Won-bong, a member of the Taepyeong Troupe, said that he did not like the direction of the Shanghai government. The story of "DD" The whole skeleton is the story of the Shanghai Provisional Government and the Emperor join forces at any moment. Of course, the more important thing is a person.

I want you to hear the big development of the drama.
It is a story of a fictitious person who meets Lee Young-jin, a surgeon in Korea, and Kim Won-bong, a historical figure in history. 'Kim Wonbong' actually went to Manchuria in 1910 and never came to Korea until liberation, but it also appears in the drama. I want to convey my hopes and pleasures by creating a more modern sense of history to tell the public by mixing real and fiction.

'Kim Won - bong' is an independence movement close to the armed struggle. I have to admit that his political and social thoughts are buried in the drama.
As you can see, ideology is a little behind the story, not the front. The title "DD" means "another dream" that people with different thoughts and ideologies have, and I think there can be some ideological confrontation between characters in drama. Currently, there are 8 scripts.

Link

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, samecut123 said:

The PD of DD has an interview.  He talks a little bit more about its development and story.  The new storyboard includes more images than the previous one.  Here’s the excerpt relating to DD. 

I have a pre-production drama "DD" shooting in front of me. It is known as the period drama that dealt with the relationship between 'Lee Young-jin' (Lee Yowon), the first surgeon of Joseon and 'Kim Won-bong' (Yoo Jitae).
It is about 30 years later than Mr. Sunshine in the times. It begins with the story of the early days when the Shanghai interim government and the feuding party were in conflict. Kim Won-bong, a member of the Taepyeong Troupe, said that he did not like the direction of the Shanghai government. The story of "DD" The whole skeleton is the story of the Shanghai Provisional Government and the Emperor join forces at any moment. Of course, the more important thing is a person.

I want you to hear the big development of the drama.
It is a story of a fictitious person who meets Lee Young-jin, a surgeon in Korea, and Kim Won-bong, a historical figure in history. 'Kim Wonbong' actually went to Manchuria in 1910 and never came to Korea until liberation, but it also appears in the drama. I want to convey my hopes and pleasures by creating a more modern sense of history to tell the public by mixing real and fiction.

'Kim Won - bong' is an independence movement close to the armed struggle. I have to admit that his political and social thoughts are buried in the drama.
As you can see, ideology is a little behind the story, not the front. The title "DD" means "another dream" that people with different thoughts and ideologies have, and I think there can be some ideological confrontation between characters in drama. Currently, there are 8 scripts.

Link

I'm glad that Go PD is back after what happened the last time.

For those who don't know: Go Dae Hwa was the CEO of Olive 9, one of the biggest production companies in Korea in the 2000s (akin to what CJ ENM's Studio Dragon is today). He was sued by some of the directors of the company (which was then taken over by KT Corporation) for "embezzling the company's funds", but later on he was acquitted by the court.

• Like 3