[Drama 2019] Different Dreams, 이몽

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread was already around since 2017?!

Wow... but it has not aired yet right.. looking forward to it... Go LYW :)

On 11/8/2018 at 7:33 AM, samecut123 said:

Quite interesting to see  - usually in a male dominated society like Korea (being Confucian society), the men lead the prayer, but here its LYW. Perhaps is because the two leading men are Christians?

On 5/14/2019 at 10:48 PM, QSD said:

We can play some guessing game, guys. 

Who do you think that left the pics of Oda on Matsuura's desk?  The obvious choice is Hiroshi.  There could be someone else besides him though.  I remember Nam Ok saying normally a spy from KPG has an assistance.  So YJ as Bluebird should have one, but we haven't seen that person yet.  My choice is her assistance.

90% it's Hiroshi. After he found out his 30-year so-called friend tailed his daughter and also threatened his position (apparently, LYJ is Hiroshi's weakness in family-wise and also his career), he countered back to put pressure on Oda. But it would be nice if it's another person. That Oda must have many enemies. 

I wonder if Hiroshi has doubted his adoptive daughter. He's a sharp man and a soldier, he must sense sth. Everyone suspects LYJ already from her close relationship with Esther and Tae-joon,  Hiroshi must know sth deeper under LYJ's cover. 

I think Hiroshi will be in trouble in next episodes. He poisoned the hospital's director, and it seems when he vomited after the drink with that director, the dog ate his vomit and would be dead like the director. Hiroshi was immune to the poison because he took medicine or sth before the drink. 

On 5/15/2019 at 11:47 AM, rocher22 said:

Although the biggest mystery for me is why didnt Matsuura use that canvas ribbon

with the member names written on it. 

I also thought it was silly of KWB to use that canvas ribbon to kill the guy in the police's prison, but maybe it's the rule of heroic corp or because they were used to teammates/brothers, KWB did the guy a favor to die under the names of his ex-team. 

Likely, the names on it are useless to Matsuura, because they're all code names, not real name, and only the members of heroic corp know the real identities of their teammates. 

On 5/16/2019 at 12:26 AM, rocher22 said:

I like how YJ is always calm and careful.

Even when  walking with Fukuda, and even when holding

a gun in that hallway where WB fought those gangsters. 

Although to me it seems that in the moment she saw WB, she

was more shaken than usual. 

Think she put in an act in front of KWB. She had been so calm (and cool) to snatch the gun from the lady. When seeing KWB in the hallway, she was even calm enough to save him by shooting the guy behind him. 

Even so, KWB suspected her already from how familiar she is to guns... but he's still far from knowing LYJ as Bluebird, haha. 

16 hours ago, QSD said:

Aww... he's protecting YJ.  How sweet. 

Miki looking like a black widow and mysterious.  Is she gonna bite YJ?

She's acting as a delicate and innocent doctor now, but later, I think her true identity will be revealed by showing her martial arts or professional shooting skill to save KWB. LYJ was moved by his heroic action barging into Cheobang's headquarter to save her. 

I'm kinda expect Miki is spy sent by someone. :lol: No one is just a normal citizen in this drama. Remember LYJ's housekeeper in Shanghai? she even served 2 bosses. 

Whoa!! It is getting complicated... Fukuda is in love with YJ but YJ seems to prefer WB, and Miki is crushing bad on Fukuda and there is a new beauty that is introduced, Cha Jung Im who likes WB but WB and YJ seem to like each other and YJ is be keeping her disrance from Fukuda. I think that Oda warned Fukuda about YJ too and now he sees her with WB. Getting interesting

It’s getting more interesting.  Lots of developments going on.  One scene funny to me is when the receptionist girl informing Matsurra that YJ is in Manchuria.  He couldn’t believe it and laughing of anger.

Man, this drama is so sad... :( 

I just finished ep 9-10, and it depressed me already. I hate how ppl acted so carelessly, from KWB who shot the Japanese spy on the train (man, if you wanna get rid of a tail completely, you must make sure he's a dead meat) to the bomb technician Majar (if you wanna stay away from any suspicion, don't act like you just committed murder or just broke prison. Just stand tall and keep your head up).

One thing LYJ is correct from the very beginning of the drama: KWB really brings deaths with him. :dissapointed_relieved:

I think KWB did want to terminate Roku on the train, it just happened he got saved by Murai.  He couldn’t possibly ensure the guy is dead while on a moving train. 

As for Majar, he probably doesn’t have much experience when facing in front of the opposing soldiers to possess nerves of steel, so it’s his instinct reaction the way he did.

8 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Whoa!! It is getting complicated... Fukuda is in love with YJ but YJ seems to prefer WB, and Miki is crushing bad on Fukuda and there is a new beauty that is introduced, Cha Jung Im who likes WB but WB and YJ seem to like each other and YJ is be keeping her disrance from Fukuda. I think that Oda warned Fukuda about YJ too and now he sees her with WB. Getting interesting

Yeah, it's war time, but one-sided love is everywhere. Can LYJ just decide which ship she sails: Fujin or Bojin, so that Miki and Cha Jung Im can settle the rest? :lol: Fukuda is too slow in the love competition, poor man! In order to get the girl, you can't just watch her from far, and witness another man snatching your girl. At least learn some wooing skills from Miki. She's a book, learn ! :D

Btw, YJ told KWB "I will help you" in the beginning of ep11-12. What does it mean? she will side with Heroic Corps or it's just an act to be close with KWB (Kim Gu's order) ? in this drama, the most complicated character is LYJ, I think. She would be the end game in both war and love competition. KWB is kinda reckless abt LYJ. He knows she's from KPG, and Heroic and KBP are not on the same path, but he still lets her inside Heroic's secret location. I'm waiting for the day he knows she's Blue Bird, everyone assumes Blue Bird already died (Esther). I believe Blue Bird is bigger than just a secret agent/spy. 

In the other light, I'm quite damn sure (like 90%) that Hiroshi is aware of what his daughter is up to and pursues, but he doesn't intervene. He's a dangerous man who killed his rival (hospital's ex-director), dug info of his employees, uncovered his so-called friend's dark secret... how come he not know abt LYJ? What strikes me hard in ep 11-12 about him is I was reminded that he's military doctor. Before being a soldier, he was a doctor who took Hippocrates oath to save lives, not to kill. So, when Miki's father told him "A doctor who saves our allies and kills the enemies...", he just awkwardly smiled.

Am I too positive to think that LYJ will have her powerful father's back-up when she's in danger later ? I think Hiroshi reinforcing his position at the hospital by killing the ex-director is for him to protect LYJ better later. Or his marriage arrangement for Fukuda and LYJ is for her to have a great cover as a Japanese prosecutor's wife. And if anything bad happens (like a revolution from Korean patriots), with his position, he can't flee Joseon with LYJ, but Fukuda can bring her back to his homeland Japan. That's why he told Fukuda "one day, you'll have to do sth for Young Jin and me" . I don't know what's behind Hiroshi's motive yet, but he's a great adoptive father so far... 

Now it's a matter of time for Hiroshi to discover abt KWB, and speed up his marriage arrangement. I wanna mess up the love pentagon. :lol:

Hiroshi seems really power hungry, I wonder if him setting Fukada up with YJ is also because of the promise he extracted from Fukada to be on his side when him and YJ needs it. I think he's much more dangerous than Oda and the police chief because unlike the other two, he doesn't make false moves, he goes right in for the kill and he covers his tracks. I think YJ understands his true nature hence why she is somewhat aloof/wary of him at times. YJ is such a complicated and mysterious character, I get why both Fukada and WB are intrigued by her. This is getting more interesting now that Fukada is trying to gain more power in his own way and that he's going to investigate WB. I get why he feels crushed though, that smile YJ showed to WB and her whole demeanor is so different from the YJ he knows, she seems completely relaxed with WB. Oof.  

I love this drama, really enjoying the mystery and the main leads. What i find interesting about Hiroshi is he is so mysterious that i would not be surprised if the storyline about his past would be he is actually from Joseun but raised by Japanese parents hence why he raised YJ to keep her Korean identity -it was mentioned several times in the drama Hiroshi raised her with Korean speaking helpers etc. I would soooo love it if this was true because he has that sort of wickedness where you want him to be loved in the end. Theres definitely more to his story that i am looking forward to finding out. 

7 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Man, this drama is so sad... :( 

I just finished ep 9-10, and it depressed me already. I hate how ppl acted so carelessly, from KWB who shot the Japanese spy on the train (man, if you wanna get rid of a tail completely, you must make sure he's a dead meat) to the bomb technician Majar (if you wanna stay away from any suspicion, don't act like you just committed murder or just broke prison. Just stand tall and keep your head up).

One thing LYJ is correct from the very beginning of the drama: KWB really brings deaths with him. :dissapointed_relieved:

You completely right.

But actually i’m surprise, the man still survived after he fall off from a fast moving train.

Was Miki also like YJ, Korean adopted by Japanese? It looks like in the preview, Miki was abused by his adopted father.

2 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

Hiroshi seems really power hungry, I wonder if him setting Fukada up with YJ is also because of the promise he extracted from Fukada to be on his side when him and YJ needs it. I think he's much more dangerous than Oda and the police chief because unlike the other two, he doesn't make false moves, he goes right in for the kill and he covers his tracks. I think YJ understands his true nature hence why she is somewhat aloof/wary of him at times. YJ is such a complicated and mysterious character, I get why both Fukada and WB are intrigued by her. This is getting more interesting now that Fukada is trying to gain more power in his own way and that he's going to investigate WB. I get why he feels crushed though, that smile YJ showed to WB and her whole demeanor is so different from the YJ he knows, she seems completely relaxed with WB. Oof.  

@MidnightRainOh yes, YJ's mysterious aura is very attractive to both Fukuda and WB. YJ though has more physical closeness with WB. Hugging after being under tremendous stress and at wartime and coming out alive is understandable. But yes, it does seem that she is more easy and spontaneous when with WB. Fukuda asked Oda if he can get command of the special police and make Matsuura his man. Oda asked if Fukuda's decision has something to do with YJ and Fukuda  denied it. I bet my bottom dollar though that it has something to do with YJ and after he saw YJ and WB together, he will set Matsuura on WB. It might get him in trouble with YJ though if he is not careful.

33 minutes ago, rock0203 said:

I love this drama, really enjoying the mystery and the main leads. What i find interesting about Hiroshi is he is so mysterious that i would not be surprised if the storyline about his past would be he is actually from Joseun but raised by Japanese parents hence why he raised YJ to keep her Korean identity -it was mentioned several times in the drama Hiroshi raised her with Korean speaking helpers etc. I would soooo love it if this was true because he has that sort of wickedness where you want him to be loved in the end. Theres definitely more to his story that i am looking forward to finding out.

I was thinking the same thing about Hiroshi and I think he knows exactly what his daughter is up to. What if he is secretly in high command of one of the revolutionary posse? 

7 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Yeah, it's war time, but one-sided love is everywhere. Can LYJ just decide which ship she sails: Fujin or Bojin, so that Miki and Cha Jung Im can settle the rest? :lol: Fukuda is too slow in the love competition, poor man! In order to get the girl, you can't just watch her from far, and witness another man snatching your girl. At least learn some wooing skills from Miki. She's a book, learn ! :D

I think Miki is already taking steps to get her man and checked out the competition. She heard Fukuda call YJ's name in his sleep and went to the hospital pretending that she had a sorethroat just to see who YJ is. She sure looked at YJ from head to foot. She has no idea, it is not all about looks, but what is attractive about YJ is her intriguing somewhat mystical aura about her. 

1 hour ago, 12blbl said:

You completely right.

But actually i’m surprise, the man still survived after he fall off from a fast moving train.

Was Miki also like YJ, Korean adopted by Japanese? It looks like in the preview, Miki was abused by his adopted father.

I already felt off when he fell off from the train and KWB couldn't check if he was still alive. I guess the gun at that time didn't create much damages as the guns they use nowadays. 

What I think KWB should have done in the train is letting that spy alive, and when reaching final destination, cornering him to ask his identity, then killing him after that. Remember he was alone while there were 4 persons in KWB's side. 

In general, I think most of spies in this drama acted so obviously, including that Japanese spy, Tae-joon's young spy, Matsura's people. I wonder the hiding spy who watched KWB-Kim Gu's meeting is from which organization. 

In ep 11-12, they revealed that like LYJ, Miki was adopted by the Japanese who is funding Hirsoshi's hospital. Which preview you watched? it looks like to me that she's a spoiled daughter. 

52 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

I think Miki is already taking steps to get her man and checked out the competition. She heard Fukuda call YJ's name in his sleep and went to the hospital pretending that she had a sorethroat just to see who YJ is. She sure looked at YJ from head to foot. She has no idea, it is not all about looks, but what is attractive about YJ is her intriguing somewhat mystical aura about her. 

Everyone steps up in the love game, except Fukuda :D . KWB and Miki are the leading horses now with their bold moves. LYJ is not much in the love game, she's too busy but she's holding the key to end it. Cha Jung Im took slight moves already by implying here and there, KWB must be blind if he wasn't aware of it. 

Only Fukuda, poor man ! he has great advantage with Hiroshi's support, but he's too incompetent in this love competition. I expect some daring moves from Fukuda in next eps. :P

16 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Btw, YJ told KWB "I will help you" in the beginning of ep11-12. What does it mean? she will side with Heroic Corps or it's just an act to be close with KWB (Kim Gu's order) ? in this drama, the most complicated character is LYJ, I think. She would be the end game in both war and love competition. KWB is kinda reckless abt LYJ. He knows she's from KPG, and Heroic and KBP are not on the same path, but he still lets her inside Heroic's secret location. I'm waiting for the day he knows she's Blue Bird, everyone assumes Blue Bird already died (Esther). I believe Blue Bird is bigger than just a secret agent/spy. 

Since YJ has had disclosed to him right after that she’s Korean Patriotic Corps (KPC) which led by Kim Gu of Korean Provisional Government (KPG) at the train station, it’s not necessary for her intention to get close to him anymore.  They are now just cooperating together for one main purpose, independence. 

Despite having the same dream, it has been shown both KPG & Heroic Corps of KWB are not on the same path.  Therefore, what YJ doing now does not mean it’s coinciding to what KWB’s intention.  I think YJ’s biggest goal is to end the potential war with the intel she’s been trying to obtain from many high-ranking officials.  While KWB mostly carrying out killing, like assassinating.  Now he even has a bomb technician, it’s going to hurt more people.  With his reckless nature, he could harm YJ one way or another indirectly, I feel.

I’m a bit concerned that YJ keeping The Blue Bird book in her room.  It’s possible later Matsuura or her other enemies could find it as evidence of her ID.  It must have been a very important document which authorized her doing something big in the future that she’s been carrying around with her in the suitcase when traveling.

15 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Am I too positive to think that LYJ will have her powerful father's back-up when she's in danger later ? I think Hiroshi reinforcing his position at the hospital by killing the ex-director is for him to protect LYJ better later. Or his marriage arrangement for Fukuda and LYJ is for her to have a great cover as a Japanese prosecutor's wife. And if anything bad happens (like a revolution from Korean patriots), with his position, he can't flee Joseon with LYJ, but Fukuda can bring her back to his homeland Japan. That's why he told Fukuda "one day, you'll have to do sth for Young Jin and me" . I don't know what's behind Hiroshi's motive yet, but he's a great adoptive father so far... 

Now it's a matter of time for Hiroshi to discover abt KWB, and speed up his marriage arrangement. I wanna mess up the love pentagon. :lol:

It appears he also has had a backup plan already in case YJ or he is in danger and that Fukuda would help them.  He seems like a very good father to YJ.  I find it sweet he holding her hands when getting out of the car at the hospital.

According to the preview texts of next week’s episodes, Hiroshi going to propose YJ to engage with Fukuda.  Don’t know what the chance she would accept his proposal is, who knows she could stun KWB with her acceptance.  There’s a scene in the preview she wearing a red kimono, could it be her engagement event?  There’s still hope Fujin shippers.

1 hour ago, QSD said:

According to the preview texts of next week’s episodes, Hiroshi going to propose YJ to engage with Fukuda.  Don’t know what the chance she would accept his proposal is, who knows she could stun KWB with her acceptance.  There’s a scene in the preview she wearing a red kimono, could it be her engagement event?  There’s still hope Fujin shippers.

I saw the preview before but did not see any preview text but now I see YJ in her red kimono and holding on to her father's arms who is also in formal attire. Reading what you said about the text, I think you maybe right that it was an engagement announcement? Matsuura in formal attire also yelling at Fukuda about what he knows about YJ and Fukuda saying he will not allow YJ to be interrogated. Hiroshi does have all his ducks lined up. 

10 hours ago, zenya22 said:

@MidnightRainOh yes, YJ's mysterious aura is very attractive to both Fukuda and WB. YJ though has more physical closeness with WB. Hugging after being under tremendous stress and at wartime and coming out alive is understandable. But yes, it does seem that she is more easy and spontaneous when with WB. Fukuda asked Oda if he can get command of the special police and make Matsuura his man. Oda asked if Fukuda's decision has something to do with YJ and Fukuda  denied it. I bet my bottom dollar though that it has something to do with YJ and after he saw YJ and WB together, he will set Matsuura on WB. It might get him in trouble with YJ though if he is not careful.

I was thinking the same thing about Hiroshi and I think he knows exactly what his daughter is up to. What if he is secretly in high command of one of the revolutionary posse? 

Yeah, YJ is closer to WB, but at this point, they're considered as comrades though, they fought together in battle, she trusted him with her life, and he knows her biggest secret. While Fukada, as nice as he is, still is the enemy and a source of danger for her considering her spy status. I also think Fukada wants to get command of the special police because of YJ and Hiroshi since he wants to be able to protect them, but he's also want to be more proactive and in the know because he knows Oda is against YJ and Hiroshi. He knows Oda had the housekeeper spying on YJ so he's not going to be fully trusting and truthful with Oda. Currently he's aligned himself with Hiroshi, but how long is it going to last when Matsuura digs up more and more dirt on Hiroshi plus YJ not reciprocating his feelings? 

Archived