[OFFICIAL] GUM COUPLE ❤ | Kim Nam Gil & Kim Ah Joong | Im ❤ Kyung

vangsweetie637

I love finding similar pics of them and putting it together:wub: Hehe It always made my day~^^

P.S. About the date, I based it on the time it was posted or sometimes I do research. You may correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks:)Pics-Art-04-19-08-18-53.jpgPics-Art-02-29-10-08-21.jpgPics-Art-05-03-12-41-44.jpg

Spoiler

Pics-Art-05-03-12-45-11.jpgPics-Art-05-03-12-43-51.jpg

Edited by Emily Bett
Please use the spoiler tag for multiple images, thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2020 at 11:11 AM, edcxestrella said:

I miss seeing them together in one screen:wub:

Hoping that they will have another project together or that they are really dating in real life haha:D

My kimkim couple..thanks for this..I hope some day To see again together

I miss you:bawling:

Edited by Emily Bett
Please don't quote images, thanks!
  • Like 4

On 4/30/2020 at 7:52 PM, Idona Paderanga said:

I am sorry. I am a new fan of Kim Nam Gil. Why is his ship with Kim Ah Joong called Gum? Why are they called the gum couple? I need a friend here. Thank you, Chingus! 

hi there! if you watch the kdrama they were in together (Live Up to Your Name), in one of the episodes, he sticks to her like gum and she teases him for it :) 

also their ship name for knet’s is kalchim (kal in korean means knife and chim means needle; you will understand the meaning behind them if you watch it, and i highly recommend watching it if you already haven’t!) 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Hi guys I'm a fan of inkyung (kim nam gil and kim ah joong). I love

them so much for each other and I just saw this on YOUTUBE about Tarot

reading to KNG and I'm so sad that he can hurt others/himself to protect someone or him..

And it's also said that there's a woman that the zodiac sign is Libra or Sagittarius or etc. By the way KAJ is a Libra!

At the final tarot reading, that womanis always dreaming of him and inspires her!

This is the link for the video

Edited by Daeng
I embedded the link properly. :)
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

:Megathanks:

Hello chingus, I am soooo late (nearly 4 years late) :criesariver: for this party, having only watched LUTYN nearly a month ago. I nearly gave up hope on finding this shipper thread, but oh I was so glad I persevered and was so happy when I finally found it! 

I'm so not over them. Will be spending most of tonight reading through this. Yes, I'm in my ultimate shipper paradise. :relieved: 

Edit: I have been reading a few pages from 302. Yes, it's sad that there's hardly anything about them since. I follow KAJ's IG account (she hardly posts there) and also the entertainment co. that she has joined. I am really hoping that they will have a season 2 of LUTYN since it seemed to be an open ending. One can only hope. 

Edited by anjuliet
  • Like 3

Hello again chingus, 

I know that hardly anyone goes on here anymore. I am really sad that I missed out on all the fun while this drama was being shown. I missed out on A LOT during that year, and it is only now that I am discovering the dramas that I have missed out on. 

As you can see, I have been busy reading posts and liking nearly all of them. I enjoyed @clare009's fanfic and all the vids, gifs and photos by so many of you. Thank you so much! I'm also sad that there are photos and/or links not working anymore, but I've liked those posts anyway.

Four years is a long time and KNG has done Fiery Priest, among others since and as much as I try to keep up with the latest with KNG and KAJ, they have become elusive (for me, anyway). I am still holding on to the hope that they will do a season 2, especially after reading someone's post with their storyline for season 2 (mianhae I don't remember whose it was). I keep watching the whole series on repeat since and I couldn't watch any of their previous dramas with other leads (not just yet anyway). I would need to watch it again since you guys mentioned certain parts that need much closer..."observations". :lol:

Back to my reading in a bit. 

• Like 3

First of all, I would like to thank @vangsweetie637 for setting up this thread and for everyone who posted English translations, GIFs, photos and vids of our Gum couple. :wub: I enjoyed reliving all their daebak scenes and rewatching suggested episodes. :lol: What I enjoyed the most was sharing the same sentiments and feelings that you all felt and even the people who have given their blessings to KNG and KAJ. I found myself listening to songs and thinking, this suits them or that song. I think it's a shame that hmmm... Nothing really panned out right after LUTYN ended... :tears:

I am assuming that most people on here have 'moved on', especially since it has been a long while since this drama was first aired, so I doubt that this and my previous couple of posts would even be read.

I follow both KNG's and also KAJ's individual threads here on Soompi, but it seems like KNG's new films The Guardian and Emergency Declaration were the only ones that are more recent.

I'm still in the process of trying to get over LUTYN and after a reading marathon of pages here and listening to the OST, I can safely say that I started watching 'Memoir of a Murderer' earlier, just to help soothe my weak shipper heart. I found that omg, I couldn't believe KNG's character in that movie and I had to take breaks from watching it (like what I am doing now, and it's gone past 9pm right now where I live). I understand that this film got released in the same year around the same that LUTYN aired/was airing.

Thanks again - I'll still be following this thread, because I know that I will be missing our Gum couple and will just silently lurk about. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

@SuZy Leoo I know, me too. It has been way too long! I hope it wouldn't be as long as when Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara starred in two different dramas (I forget the first one they starred in, but they starred together again in 'You Are My Destiny' what, five years later?)

I've been watching the other alternate ending of 'Memoir of a Murderer' and taking a break from it. I just couldn't bear that our adorkable Dr. Heo Im played a scary and creepy guy. :wacko: I skipped to near the end of the movie of the actual version yesterday as I could not watch the whole thing. :unsure: I nearly choked on my drink when they showed his bare back and then panned out to show the whole bareful of...ahahaha, his backside. :blink: This ahjumma's still a bit shocked. :lol: 

I hope I don't get into trouble by asking this next question. I'm fairly new-ish to this shipper business. They're the only second couple that I've totally shipped (as in, to the point that my daughter told me I got too "invested" in the drama), but...is this ship still waiting to sail or has it...sunk? :huh: (Please don't kill me lol)

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

On 7/26/2021 at 5:14 AM, anjuliet said:

@SuZy Leoo I know, me too. It has been way too long! I hope it wouldn't be as long as when Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara starred in two different dramas (I forget the first one they starred in, but they starred together again in 'You Are My Destiny' what, five years later?)

I've been watching the other alternate ending of 'Memoir of a Murderer' and taking a break from it. I just couldn't bear that our adorkable Dr. Heo Im played a scary and creepy guy. :wacko: I skipped to near the end of the movie of the actual version yesterday as I could not watch the whole thing. :unsure: I nearly choked on my drink when they showed his bare back and then panned out to show the whole bareful of...ahahaha, his backside. :blink: This ahjumma's still a bit shocked. :lol: 

I hope I don't get into trouble by asking this next question. I'm fairly new-ish to this shipper business. They're the only second couple that I've totally shipped (as in, to the point that my daughter told me I got too "invested" in the drama), but...is this ship still waiting to sail or has it...sunk? :huh: (Please don't kill me lol)

Hello anjuliet! Welcome to the world of shipping, i've shipped sailed ships as well as sunk ones all in the name of fun, so long as we don't get too toxic, it should be fine. As for KNJ & KAJ, we will never know if this ship is sailing or until one of them actually gets hitched? (hopefully to each other!) but to me so long as there's no ring on any of their finger....this ship is still sailing... :cheers:

• Like 3

On 7/28/2021 at 1:35 PM, SuZy Leoo said:

Hello anjuliet! Welcome to the world of shipping, i've shipped sailed ships as well as sunk ones all in the name of fun, so long as we don't get too toxic, it should be fine. As for KNJ & KAJ, we will never know if this ship is sailing or until one of them actually gets hitched? (hopefully to each other!) but to me so long as there's no ring on any of their finger....this ship is still sailing... 

Thanks @SuZy Leoo B) I get what you mean about getting into deep with these ships.

I guess not much we can do until, yeah, either one of them gets hitched... :allgoodlol:

I was thinking the other day how KNG And KAJ didn't really have any photoshoots like KNG did during Fiery Priest. :tears: So many missed opportunities, I think. 

• Like 2

Legit question: Since I only watched this drama end-ish of June this year :sweatingbullets: , I would like to ask you chingus how you moved on and how long it took you? :blink:

I started watching KAJ's other dramas and even her movie My PS Partner (loved her character and the movie itself) and other dramas that I have missed (and suffering from already sunk ships :crazy: - oh my heart!) and also a couple of new ones, but somehow I end up going back to watching my favorite LUTYN episodes :ph34r:. It didn't help that I kept finding oh so many FMVs of our Gum couple on YT. :fear: I even found one that used a Tagalog song that I thought, omaigad... This could have been part of the drama's OST. :wub: -of course it made me cry lol- My daughter kept asking me if I have stopped watching it altogether and how she couldn't believe how she kept saying, and I quote, "emotionally invested drama[..]" :sweatingbullets:

I have a deadline in a couple of days and... :skull: I better go before I really get into trouble with a failed grade. :emmm:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello, it's September 2021 and still can't get over this couple. I stumbled on this video 

watch starting 5:38, you can see KAJ as one of the host while KNG watching her from his seat.  At that year, KNG was awarded as Best New Actor (Television) - Queen Seondeok. I was just amazed since 7 years later they would work together *ayeee my apologies for my delulu mind* anyways, I hope our GumCouple are well, whatever they might be working on.. I just hope for them to be happy, they deserve it. Much better if they will be together for reals.. OMG it's 12:25 AM, what to do.. I have work early in the morning.. Stay safe y'all... 

Edited by kmsled25
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...

Kim Ah Joong mentioned Kim Nam Gil in her Singles magazine interview
Q: Which of her characters has the best chemistry, she mentioned Kim Raewon Sunbaenim & Kim Namgil ssi
Because people said "they look so good together, they act really well together" .

• Like 2