[OFFICIAL] GUM COUPLE ❤ | Kim Nam Gil & Kim Ah Joong | Im ❤ Kyung

vangsweetie637

Still having many thoughts over her interview. Please bear with me. No one else to share except here. Haha. Outside this forum, ppl will think i’m Crazy! Haha

I think KNG must be amazed by the passion of KAJ in acting. To think she puts in 100% even in loving the male character. To be totally truthful onscreen. I’m not sure about KNG, but I think in many of his other dramas, even though he puts in 100% to portray that character, I find it hard to believe he portrays 100% when it comes to loving the female lead. Look at the way he cringed immediately after camera stops in his bts kiss scenes. But he must have been totally amazed and swooned over by KAJ’s commitment to acting her love scenes such that she loves unreservedly on camera. And he also reciprocated by doing the same onscreen in lUTYN. That’s just my take. Hahahaha. Can see that he is smitten by something special

about KAJ! 

• Like 15
  • LOL 4

21 minutes ago, leba said:

Still having many thoughts over her interview. Please bear with me. No one else to share except here. Haha. Outside this forum, ppl will think i’m Crazy! Haha

I think KNG must be amazed by the passion of KAJ in acting. To think she puts in 100% even in loving the male character. To be totally truthful onscreen. I’m not sure about KNG, but I think in many of his other dramas, even though he puts in 100% to portray that character, I find it hard to believe he portrays 100% when it comes to loving the female lead. Look at the way he cringed immediately after camera stops in his bts kiss scenes. But he must have been totally amazed and swooned over by KAJ’s commitment to acting her love scenes such that she loves unreservedly on camera. And he also reciprocated by doing the same onscreen in lUTYN. That’s just my take. Hahahaha. Can see that he is smitten by something special

about KAJ! 

All though the future is still uncertain but i am happy the LUTYN made the way for these two fabulous people to meet each other.  Now it is up to them to see where this will lead to ( the altar i hope :D).

Based from the interview, i am pretty sure NG has a big chance if he will pursue AJ.  It is clear that she really admires and respect him a lot.  A big point for NG is when he offered AJ a partnership in this drama.  They really mirror HI and YK in real life.

Hoping for the best for these two!

Now hwaiting for NG post interview to have a better conclusion.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, leba said:

6. Well, it appears that kNG and KAJ have left off the project with very good feelings for each other. Of course she doesn’t drop any hints about continuing contact. But it’s still very positive to know that they’re so positive 

I think this is an important period for them to really get out of character and see if they really love each other outside the HI-YK characters! Let’s keep rooting for them! And wishing them the best in finding their heart’s direction. :wub:

Yes I thought this was an important point as well,and the fact that she mentioned about not minding to work with a Season 2 if it was a SIMILAR cast involved. I mean working again with a male lead with whom you have such a strong onscreen romantic chemistry  that people were even  getting confused? If you wanna avoid a scandal than you should be avoiding that "working together again" concept. I just love all the positiveness surrounding the situation.

Plus in questions about their chemistry or how people were confused whether they were dating or not, she never said anything concrete that might close any door for possibilities. She was just playing it down (and for me ..sounded like she was being shy) by saying that "people were looking at us like we're the real characters" etc,but uhm.. honestly? just Naver TV clip comments alone can tell you that people were NOT merely shipping them for their onscreen characters lol. Especially the comments on the BTS clips.. Or maybe she didn't see those yet? I think I might translate those Navercast comments soon just so you guys can see what I was talking about lol

Since KNG is now already busy with another project I don't think he even had time to really process everything about LUTYN and let everything sink in yet. Maybe once the movie wrapped and he REALLY has his own me time he'd rewind everything back and found himself missing something? or someone in particular:wub: I can't help smiling when I think of KNG looking back at the drama clips on Naver and reading all the fiercely unabashed shipping comments lmao..actually I smiled thinking of KAJ's reaction to the comments too,I hope they both won't be too shy to read it:D:D

• Like 12
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, sight_stv said:

Your welcome!! yeah i know right, when that red carpet happen, that is 100% sure songsong already dating.. i hope they will skip dating part too or at least tell us about it lol :D 

I won't be too greedy~~~ even if they don't tell us about them dating, at least do more work-related stuff together so that we  can still get to see them interact OR just appear together at events because their combined visuals is A-MA-ZINGGGG.....that's all I'm asking for....:D:tongue:

THEN, when they're ready to walk down the aisle, just issue an official statement (completed with new beautiful couple photos) will do.....and I'll patiently wait for the day for wedding bells to ringggg.......hehehehehe! :heart:

• Like 15

3 hours ago, martanur said:

He was really taking care of YMK and KAJ... good MC. :D and tried to tease KAJ a couple times HAHA..Thank you @iamemilykay

When I read comments on Naver (back to August)...many knetz said that words...they already felt something going on ke ke ke ke ke  

You're welcome! :) And the other part that's interesting to note is how KNG's voice toned down a fair bit and had little pauses here and there when he was describing on how his relationship with KAJ would develop to becoming lovers. He was SHY! :wub::wub::wub: 

And ALL HAIL THE KNETZ! I hope they continuously intensify cheers for our Gum couple! :lol::lol::lol: YESSSSSSS!

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

8 minutes ago, iamemilykay said:

You're welcome! :) And the other part that's interesting to note is how KNG's voice toned down a fair bit and had little pauses here and there when he was describing on how his relationship with KAJ would develop to becoming lovers. He was SHY! :wub::wub::wub: 

And ALL HAIL THE KNETZ! I hope they continuously intensify cheers for our Gum couple! :lol::lol::lol: YESSSSSSS!

Its a good thing knetz are supporting and shipping them! They seem to have everyones support.  So far, ihave not come across anyone against them.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, namoaix said:

I would like to thank not only God but also TVN for letting me discover Kim Ahjoong as an amazing actress and also this masterpiece of a series. When I was watching the teaser prior to the show started, I felt quite mehhh... but I decided to give the first ep a try and I was mindblown, hooked, mesmerised. I kid you not when I say my jaw dropped when I saw how they travelled back to Joseon, since I have never encountered such a back&forth time travelling trope. So many Kdramas had let me down for the past few months and I struggled to trudge through even half of a show, even those that had high ratings and had international acclaims. I looked forward to every LUTYN ep, searched the hashtag on Twitter everyday and joined the live streams every week. The last time I’ve done something like this was during Doctors in 2016, a longggg time ago. This should speak volumes on how good LUTYN is. Every ep is like a new revelation to the plot.

Like KAJ said in her interview, I felt disconnected with Yeon Kyung at the start, but I slowly grew to love her as she grew as a character. And can I just add that the character developments (Heo Im, Yeon Kyung, Oh Hara, Jae Ha) were on point. KAJ portrayed the role so well that when I read a comment about Seo HyunJin being capable of pulling YeonKyung role off as well because of RDTK, I was heavily objecting it. 

And just when I thought I couldn’t love KAJ more, she just so happens to be a staunch supporter of feminism in the entertainment industry. The way she chose her words during the interview has been praised alot hehe. 

I miss KNG and KAJ so much already, it’s been the second weekend without our gum couple. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ and this is totally random but KAJ has such a nice talking voice??? I feel that she could serenade me to sleep just by talking 

Can i know from where that commented about seo hyun jin can pull yeon kyung character? I'm seo hyun jin fan since another miss oh bcoz i totally likes her acting in that drama.. like another miss oh is made for her.. 

For shj acting in romantic doctor also good, but d feels is so different.. her part is so small compared to other 2 male lead.. so i cant get d feels of her being a "real" doctor as her character should be..

For me, yeon kyung character is totally made for one n only kim ah joong.. i (personally) can never imagine someone else will potray yeon kyung with her true color as perfect as kim ah joong.. her range of acting is wider bcoz d script is more deep than another miss oh.. she really made me have a rollercoaster of emotions in LUTYN as i said previously in this thread or LUTYN thread (sorry i forgot).. d character development and how she deliver what yeon kyung feelings hit d viewers so much.. as we can see yeon kyung is "alive" and a "real" person somewhere.. AND d most important thing that i already said previously.. kim ah joong is d best actrees who can act as a doctor.. i agree with her that she looks soooo good in doctor gown.. every gesture, her voice, her hands movement.. everything is so perfect..

so for that comment about seo hyun jin compared with kim ah joong, i also reject it so hard.. :D

• Like 13

Just now, etherealk408 said:

- Did you share a lot of conversation with Kim NamGil?

We did share conversations before the drama began but during shooting ultimately we depended on each other's acting sense."If I go this much, then you come up this much", those feelings piled up and the senses of "even if you don't say it out loud you knew" were exhibited. The truth is  there wasn't any time to talk about it and it's not like it'll work out well just because we talk about it. We trusted each other's instinctive feelings. I watched with interest how he drew HeoIm's character. I don't just think about my character's emotions, but during scenes with him I opened my heart and try to match well (with his acting)

(T/N: this could be just me but I really love how she used the term "opens up,comfortable,natural" whenever talking about acting with KNG)

I highlight something significant here...TRUST...they trust each other, depend on each other...that's way to make it all happened..

You guys are very amazing, so active ... I'll continue another analysis tomorrow...

• Like 16

9 minutes ago, etherealk408 said:

Wasn't there a post on IG by KAJ's stylist(?) or someone from her team? If I remember it correctly from dc gall she mentioned something about how everyone held their breath during the shooting of the kiss scene ^_^ Imagine witnessing that momentous occasion FINALLY taking place and everyone was already taking about how they have good chemistry even during the earlier days of shooting; the crew/staffs must've anticipated the kiss scene as much as the viewers.

@3z3zm3lp hopefully i'll get to do it soon:)

Btw, here's Part 2 of KAJ's interview excerpts compilation. Coloured comments are mine, if it's nonsensical please ignore it lol. Again sorry for any repetitions and typos!:

명불허전’에서 시대를 뛰어 넘는 로맨스를 펼쳤다. 유쾌하면서도 애틋한 두 사람의 로맨스를 응원하는 시청자가 많았다. 그만큼 사랑 받았다는 것.

이에 대해 김.아.중.은 “시청자들의 반응 보고 기분 좋았고, 감사했다. 잘 어울린다는 건 그만큼 관계에 대해서 잘 연기를 하고 있다는 거다. 그런 부분에 대해서 좋았다”면서 “사실 로맨스 연기를 오랜만에 해서 보통 로맨스 드라마 보면 나오는 반응인건지, 특별한 건지 모르겠다. 쑥스럽기도 하다”고 밝혔다.
In LUTYN, a romance that surpassed generations unfolded. A lot of viewers supported the romance of the two people that was ardent but also cheerful. It received l that much love.

KimAhJoong says," I feel good looking at viewer's reaction and felt thankful. That they're saying we match well means we were doing well with how we acted the relationship. I feel very good about that.  Truthfully it's been a long time since I did romance acting  so I cannot tell if this was a typical reaction for a Romance drama or if it was a special type of response. I'm quite shy about it too."

(T/N: No Miss KAJ, it's definitely NOT a typical reaction because the whole WORLD is blown over by the chemistry that the two of you have. And please check out Naver comments to see how people thinks how perfectly the REAL KNG-KAJ are well-suited together,not just HI-CYK. Thank you)

특히 김남길과의 호흡에 만족감을 드러냈다. “모두 김남길 덕분이다. 워낙 유쾌하게 현장을 잘 이끌어줬다. 그래서 저도 유쾌할 수 있었다”면서 “김남길과 연기 하면서 재밌고 즐거웠다”고 강조했다.

She especially expresses satisfaction on her teamwork with Kim NamGil. "It's all thanks to Kim NamGil. He led the shooting location cheerfully, so I was able to be cheerful too. She emphasized, "I had fun and enjoyed myself while acting with Kim NamGil."

(T/N: She EMPHASIZED) 

이어 “메디컬 드라마에 연애하는 이야기가 나오면 안 좋아하는 경우가 많다. 그렇지만 우리 드라마는 메디컬만 있는 게 아니라 인격적으로 어떤 결핍이 있는 남녀가 얽히고설키면서 인간성 회복에 굉장한 영향 미쳤다. 구사일생하면서 운명을 함께 하기도 했다. 그래서 두 사람이 사랑하는 게 당연하다고 생각했다. 저도 그걸 기대했다. 메디컬임에도 불구하고, 로맨스가 그려진 게 거부감 없었고, 오히려 응원해줬다. 감사했다. 하면서 즐거웠다”고 덧붙였다

"There were many circumstances where it's not good when romance appears in a Medical drama. But in our drama there wasn't just medical aspects but also the big impact of this man and woman who were lacking in personal aspects,recovering their humanity while they intertwine and mingle with each other. They also went through the fate of going near deaths together. So for me there was no question about them loving each other. I was waiting for that too. Despite it being a medical drama, there was no resistance for the portrayal of romance, and instead I supported it. I was thankful for it. And I enjoyed myself while doing it", she added.

(T/N: Their Romance. Waited for it. Supported It. Thankful for It. Enjoyed while doing It.SHE.)

명불허전’에서 김.남.길.과 김.아.중.의 키스도 주목받았다. 그 중에서도 혈자리 키스는 화제였다. 김.아.중은 “누가 주도했다 보다는 자연스럽게 했다. 미리 이야기하고, 누가 주도하면 오히려 어색해지더라”며 “혈자리 키스할 때 대사와 상황 연출이 좋았다. 촬영할 때도 ‘이건 한의사만 할 수 있다’ 이런 이야기들을 했다”고 알렸다

In LUTYN, Kim NamGil & Kim AhJoong's kiss received attention, and among them the Acupuncture Kiss became a topic. "Rather than anyone leading it was done naturally. We talked about it beforehand, and if anyone leads it would have been awkward. During Acupuncture Kiss, the dialogue and the direction of the situation was good. Even while shooting people were saying that only an Oriental doctor could do this.

(T/N: N.A.T.U.R.A.L)

‘명불허전’은 이야기 자체가 허임에서부터 출발해요. 실존했던 조선시대 명의 허임이 현대에 떨어진다는 설정으로 출발해요. 허임에 비해 최연경은 구체성은 떨어지는데, 그 부분은 연기자가 채워야 한다고 생각했어요. 디테일에 공을 많이 들였는데, 김.남.길이 보여주는 허임에 따라 유연하게 보여야겠다고 생각했어요. 김.남.길이 워낙 유연한 배우이다보니 함께 유연해지지 않으면 답답할 것 같았기 때문이에요. 열어두고 자유롭게 연기하려고 했어요.”

"The story of LUTYN itself started from HeoIm. It departed from the setup that Heolm, an actual person from Joseon era falling in present time. Compared to HeoIm, the concreteness behind Choi YeonKyung is lacking and I thought the lacking part should be filled by the actor. I worked hard on the details and I felt that I should be portraying it flexibly depending on the HeoIm that Kim NamGil shows. Because Kim NamGil has always been a flexible actor, I thought it would look frustrating if I'm not also flexible together with him. So I opened up and acted naturally."

김.남.길.이 표현하는 허임에 따라 김.아.중은 최연경을 열어두고 자유롭게 연기했다. 그 결과, 두 사람은 실제로도 사귀는 것이 아닐까하는 착각이 들 정도의 케미를 자랑했다. 두 사람은 ‘칼침커플’이라는 애칭으로 불렸고, 두 사람이 티격태격하고 꽁냥꽁냥하는 모습은 시청자들의 미소를 자아냈다.

시청자 분들이 진짜 허임으로, 진짜 최연경으로 봐주셔서 사랑 받은 것 같아요. 저희도 그렇게 표현하는 것 밖에는 방법이 없었죠. 김.남.길은 워낙 장난기 많고 유쾌해요. 하지만 제 앞에서는 장난기는 없고 매번 진지했어요. 제가 없는 장면을 촬영할 때 스태프들에게 들어보면 혼자 있을 때 스태프들과 장난을 많이 친다고 해요.(웃음)

Following the Heolm as expressed by Kim NamGil, Kim AhJoong opens up Choi YeonKyung and acted naturally. As the result, they presented a chemistry worthy of  people being confused whether or not they are dating for real. The two of them were nicknamed the KnifeNeedle Couple, and the sight of their bickering and sweetness made viewers smile.

"I think we received love because viewers really looked at us as the Real Heolm and Real Choi YeonKyung. We too had no other options but to present it that way. Kim NamGil by nature likes to joke and is cheerful. But in front of me he's not playful and is always earnest. When shooting scenes that I'm not part of,from what I heard from the staffs when he's alone he jokes well with a lot with the staffs (smiles)"

(T/N: Nope it wasn't just HI-CYK that received love. A lot of well-wishes for KNG-KAJ exists too. Please check the comments for BTS clips on Navercast as well. Thank you. BTW, why "smile" after talking abt how KNG is earnest in front of you but jokes around with everyone else??)

마지막에 걸어가면서 한 대사는 다 애드리브였어요. 대사를 주고 받는데 감독님이 ‘계속 그렇게 말하면서 가’라고 하시더라구요. 해피엔딩이라 정말 마음에 들고, 시즌2 가능성에 대해 이야기한 적은 없지만 함께한 사람들이 다시 의기투합한다면 동참하고 싶어요.”

"At the end, the dialogues when we were walking were all ad-libbed. We were exchanging lines and Director said" keep talking like that while you walk". I really like the happy ending, we've never talked about the possibility of a Season 2 but if the same people who worked together wants to do it then I want to be part of it."

(T/N: Can I just say that those ad-libbed lines were PERFECT like wow..they were EXACTLY their character none of the dialogues were out of place at all and they made them up on the spot!)

김.아.중은 "작품을 할 때마다 상대 배우를 대본보다 더 사랑해 주려 노력한다. 그런데 정작 제가 멜로가 포함된 드라마를 한 게 9년만"이라며 "아쉬움이 없을 만큼 허임을 사랑했다. 김.남.길 씨도 연경을 많이 사랑해줘서 행복했다"고 말했다.
 Kim AhJoong says,"Every time I do a project, I make an effort to give love to  my acting partner more than the script requires. But the thing is it's been 9 years since I did any drama that has romance. "I loved HeoIm to the point that I don't have any regrets. Kim NamGil-ssi  loved YeonKyung a lot too and I was happy."

(T/N: That's right sis...think again,that's 9 years. Are you still sure you can do this exact same thing while doing romance for ALL dramas?)

-조선 시대 남자를 사랑하는 연기란 어땠을까

"허임을 어떻게 바라보며 감정의 변화를 그릴 것인가 고민 많이했어요. 안티하던 사람을 결국 믿게 되고 결국 사랑까지, 감정이 복잡해지는 최연경을 푸는 게 가장 큰 숙제였죠. 허임은 조선 시대 남자잖아요. 최연경이 그에게 어떤 여자가 돼 줘야하나를 고민했죠. 그래서 김.남.길이 표현하는 허임을 더 눈여겨 봤어요. 조선에 가면 호기롭고 능청스럽고 강한데 현대에선 강아지 같고 아기 같은 그를 보며 최연경은 어떤 여자가 돼야 할까 고민하고 표현했답니다."

-How was it to act being in love with a man from Joseon

I thought a lot about how to portray the change of emotions and how to look at HeoIm. Someone whom you were an anti of,who you began to believe in and ultimately fell in love with. The biggest homework was how to solve Choi YeonKyung's complicated emotions. HeoIm was a Joseon man right?  I worried about what kind of woman Choi YeonKyung should be for him.So I had my eyes on the HeoIm that Kim NamGil portrayed. When he goes to Joseon he is gallant, cunning and strong but in present era he's like a puppy and childlike, and I thought about how Choi YeonKyung who is looking at that Heolm,and what kind of woman should she be expressed as.

김.남.길과 대화를 많이 나눴나

"드라마 시작 전엔 얘기를 나눴지만 막상 촬영 때엔 서로의 연기 센스에 기댔어요. 내가 이 만큼 가면 네가 이 만큼 오고, 그런 감정이 쌓여서 말하지 않아도 다 아는 센스를 발휘하게 됐죠. 사실 얘기할 수 있는 시간도 없고 얘기해서 될 게 아니니까 
서로의 동물적인 감각을 믿었죠. 
그가 그리는 허임을 더 관심 있게 보고 어떻게 연기하는지 세심하게 봤어요. 내 캐릭터나 감정만 생각하는 게 아니라 그와 붙는 신은 마음을 열어서 합을 잘 맞추려고 했답니다

- Did you share a lot of conversation with Kim NamGil?

We did share conversations before the drama began but during shooting ultimately we depended on each other's acting sense."If I go this much, then you come up this much", those feelings piled up and the senses of "even if you don't say it out loud you knew" were exhibited. The truth is  there wasn't any time to talk about it and it's not like it'll work out well just because we talk about it. We trusted each other's instinctive feelings. I watched with interest how he drew HeoIm's character. I don't just think about my character's emotions, but during scenes with him I opened my heart and try to match well (with his acting)

(T/N: this could be just me but I really love how she used the term "opens up,comfortable,natural" whenever talking about acting with KNG)

Thank you so so so much @etherealk408 for compiling the translations of the articles! So good to read all her true feelings. I must say she is a very honest and straightforward person. Like an open book. And your comments in red are not nonsensical! I agree with them too! She just keeps repeating how comfortable she is with KNG and how she opened up to acting with him. I like it that she says there’s mutual trust and understanding between the both of them. I think it’s very hard for actors and actresses to find co-stars with that same heartbeat, same wavelength. When song song couple felt that kind of tacit understanding they had for each other in the drama, they knew they were meant for each other, or rather SJK knew he cannot let SHK go. So on that pretext, I think Gum couple ship is sailing quite well. And I think in many ways, Gum couple ship seems a bit more promising than Song song couple ship at this after-the-drama stage. You know why? Because KAJ is so open and honest with her feelings. She just cannot hide her admiration and gradititude to KNG and how much she cherishes this drama and all the memories and lessons she has learnt. I would say that I felt frustrated for a while when shipping Song Song couple because SHK was usually the more guarded one in interviews. Of course, as shippers, we learnt the skill of picking out things that she said off guard that gave hints to a possible relationship. If not, her answers in interviews did not give as much vibes of a woman in love as KAJ’s interview. In fact, SJK was the one who was more of an open book. As time wore on, he gave more and more hints of how much he values setting up a family of his own. Maybe also,  because KAJ hardly has any love scandals in show biz that’s why she’s not as guarded as SHK, who suffered quite a bit of setbacks in her 2 publicized relationships. 

Oh well, just hope the in-love vibes we are reading from KAJ aren’t wrong. She’s really very much in love with HI and the guy who made HI alive. Oh come on, KAJ-Ssi, the real Heo Im is already long dead and gone. History never ever revealed what a romanticist he was as we see on TV. And whatever personality we had of him in TV was injected by writer-nim and perfected by KNG. So actually the person you’re in love with is KNG! Even Choi Yeon Kyung is in love with him! How can you not be, Miss Kim Ah Joong, when that was actually YOU? :wub:

• Like 15
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, mantleprey said:

@sight_stv Chingu dear, I love your comparisons again! So much similarities! I just hope KNG gets less busy and spend time with KAJ after his movie so that they can determine if they still have true feelings for each other. Then GET MARRIED asap yaaaaa!!!! It's really fate that let the both of them cross paths to have such amazing chemistry. Just be together before it's too late. :wub:

Yes! They need to determine if they still have true feelings for each other after the effects of shooting LUTYN. If they still feel the same towards each other (like HI-YK) even after they breakthrough their character, then they need to move fast. Their age is perfect to get married and KAJ seems wanted to get married too. ^_^

Below is just some side notes about the same situation above:

I suddenly remember one WGM acting couple (Oh Min Suk & Kang Ye Won) that really looks like a husband and wife in that show and the staff also feels that both of them do have feeling towards each other (staff even give a ticket to hawaii for both of them to go after the end of their shooting). Both of them agreed (on camera) to determine their feelings after the shooting ends cause they need to know either they love each other because of filming or it is their true feelings (I assume that is how most romantic drama couple do if they actually fall in love while filming). They still followed each other ig and like each other post. And both of them followed most of their WGM fandom till now and even like their fandom posts. But still their true feelings were left mystery. Well, OMS seems too busy with his schedule and KYW once said that she needs someone that can always be there for her. I still ship them till now and hope the best for them.

So, in my pov, KNG-KAJ situation was almost as same as OMS-KYW. They develop feelings towards each other while shooting and they just need to determine whether that feelings was real or not. And I hope if KNG happens to realize that his feelings was not just acting, please take a big step towards KAJ and just get married already! Even if you guys want to take some time, please, not more that one year. :D 

Sorry for the long post. Lol!

• Like 12
  • LOL 3

9 minutes ago, kfan222 said:

Was this a slip ^_^ - shouldnt it be Heo Im loved Yeon Kyeong and not Kim Nam Gil? Hahahahaha.

Anyway, I wanted to share this bit of KAJ's interview too http://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=201710150100084910006982&ServiceDate=20171014  (last two paragraphs):

김아중은 연애와 결혼 계획에 대해 ""나도 궁금하다"며 "내가 언제 연애를 하고 결혼을 할지. 최고로 궁금한 것 중 하나다.(웃음) 연애를 되게 못하는 스타일이다. 사람하고 친해지는 데 오랜 시간이 걸리는 스타일인데, 이성은 그의 몇 배로 더 걸린다"고 말했다. 

About her plans on dating and marriage, Kim Ah Joong says "I am curious as well" and "When can I date and get married? This is one of the things I'm most curious about too. (Laughs) I'm the type who can't really date. I'm the type who takes a long time to become close with someone, and even longer for someone the opposite sex."

이어 특정한 이상형이 있냐는 질문에 "삶을 바라보는 시선이 비슷했으면 좋겠다"고 답했다 "수용과 관대함이 있는 사람이 좋다. 어느 정도 나이가 든 상태에서 만나게 될 태니까 서로 다름에 대해서 수용할 수 있었으면 좋겠다. 그리고 사고와 감정이 건강한 사람이었으면 좋겠다. 돈을 못 벌면 더 벌면 되고 배우지 못한 게 있으면 배우면 되는데, 기본적인 사람의 사고와 감정은 잘 안 바뀌더라. 가볍지는 않은 사람이었으면 좋겠다. 난 유머감각도 필요 없다.(웃음) 좋은 사람이라면 안 웃겨도 재미있을 수 있다." 

When asked whether she has an ideal type, "It would be great if we had similar views on life." She responded "I like people who are accepting and generous.  If we meet when we are slightly older, I hope that we can accept each other's differences.  And I like people who have healthy thoughts and emotions.  If you have no money, you just have to go earn some, if there is something you can't learn, you can just go learn it, but the basic thoughts and emotions of a person cannot be changed easily.  I like people who are not rash.  I don't need humour. (Laughs) If it is someone you like, it can still be fun/interesting even if he is not funny." 

Thanks for some more tidbits. Her ideal type really seems to fit into KNG!! I think she is also at a wait and see stage because she needs to know him more in real life and as KIM Nam Gil, not Heo Im.

11 minutes ago, kfan222 said:

Was this a slip ^_^ - shouldnt it be Heo Im loved Yeon Kyeong and not Kim Nam Gil? Hahahahaha.

Anyway, I wanted to share this bit of KAJ's interview too http://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=201710150100084910006982&ServiceDate=20171014  (last two paragraphs):

김아중은 연애와 결혼 계획에 대해 ""나도 궁금하다"며 "내가 언제 연애를 하고 결혼을 할지. 최고로 궁금한 것 중 하나다.(웃음) 연애를 되게 못하는 스타일이다. 사람하고 친해지는 데 오랜 시간이 걸리는 스타일인데, 이성은 그의 몇 배로 더 걸린다"고 말했다. 

About her plans on dating and marriage, Kim Ah Joong says "I am curious as well" and "When can I date and get married? This is one of the things I'm most curious about too. (Laughs) I'm the type who can't really date. I'm the type who takes a long time to become close with someone, and even longer for someone the opposite sex."

이어 특정한 이상형이 있냐는 질문에 "삶을 바라보는 시선이 비슷했으면 좋겠다"고 답했다 "수용과 관대함이 있는 사람이 좋다. 어느 정도 나이가 든 상태에서 만나게 될 태니까 서로 다름에 대해서 수용할 수 있었으면 좋겠다. 그리고 사고와 감정이 건강한 사람이었으면 좋겠다. 돈을 못 벌면 더 벌면 되고 배우지 못한 게 있으면 배우면 되는데, 기본적인 사람의 사고와 감정은 잘 안 바뀌더라. 가볍지는 않은 사람이었으면 좋겠다. 난 유머감각도 필요 없다.(웃음) 좋은 사람이라면 안 웃겨도 재미있을 수 있다." 

When asked whether she has an ideal type, "It would be great if we had similar views on life." She responded "I like people who are accepting and generous.  If we meet when we are slightly older, I hope that we can accept each other's differences.  And I like people who have healthy thoughts and emotions.  If you have no money, you just have to go earn some, if there is something you can't learn, you can just go learn it, but the basic thoughts and emotions of a person cannot be changed easily.  I like people who are not rash.  I don't need humour. (Laughs) If it is someone you like, it can still be fun/interesting even if he is not funny." 

I also think it might be a slip on her part when she said KNG loves YK! Hahahaha. She’s getting confused too! KNG! Quick finish ur new project and go look for KAJ! :wub:

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

I really enjoy kaj latest interview and really love all of ur comments here chingu... i think i've lost words since everybody already give their opinion and i agree with all of them.. hahahaha..

Just want to add some thoughts here..

1. Kaj indeed a very smart girl and i can feel her sincere passion about being an actress.. d way she explained in very detail about everything related to LUYTN is so amazed me and i love her more n more.. :D i love her also by being honest and straightforward person.. that made her not "fake" and this is so meaningfull for fans.. she also humble bcoz she praise kng so much.. (yeah..both kaj n kng were so great in LUTYN)

2. Kaj and cyk were a similar character.. kaj admitt that she is hard n needs a long time to build a relationship with somebody, and its longer time with male.. maybe kaj cant trust someone easily bcoz of some experience.. in her guirella date, MC once asked about her ideal type? And her answer was "not a cheater"..

in latest interview, she said that she didnt have much time to bond with kng.. but she can "trust" kng.. is it amazing guys? How cyk character slowly develop n changed, i think its been done too with d real kaj (not only cyk)..

3. I really love how she "play" smart with her words.. kng loves cyk.. kaj loves hi.. is it interesting?? :D for normal people would say hi loves cyk and vice versa.. this answer made me remember again about prod staff told us that both kng and kaj called their real names on filming set.. i mean.. how can u focus to potray ur drama character if d other partner, u always see was d real person??

4.i love d way kaj mention heo im was like puppy n childlike.. so can i assume that kaj or her staff were lurking in here..

5.  And d best comment of d year....

Kaj has stated that she will join LUTYN season 2.. daebak :D

• Like 21
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kfan222 said:

@etherealk408 Wow thank you so much for translating these excerpts! 

KAJ expressed herself really beautifully and I think her answers show that she has given a lot of thought to the drama and the characters of HI and YK, because I think her answers are not just your standard "KNG is really great at acting and luckily we worked well together" but she actually recognised, acknowledged and appreciated the specific characteristics and traits of KNG which gave life to HI (eg. his relaxed attitude and mentality during filming, and the way he was willing to discuss and accept her ideas) which in turn affected her acting, allowed her to be more natural and relaxed, and let her really become YK, a strong, mature, independent, capable yet tender female character who is able to match and understand HI on every level - on a personal level, professional level and emotional level.  KAJ is definitely someone with depth and I'm so glad that she met a great partner in KNG in this drama!!!  

I'm really interested in the comments from k-netz now hahaha because it seems like generally speaking KNG (and male celebrities in general) got more attention/praise throughout the drama (and in Korea) but I hope more people will appreciate KAJ after this interview and how much thought she has given into her acting and her portrayal of YK! 

and vice versa...feels like KNG found an ultimate partner in her too. if they never work out in real life they just  NEED to keep working together because the kind of understanding they have abt each other is just WOW and us viewers deserve to be treated to those amazing display of perfect acting match AGAIN. and yes yes YES about her going beyond THAT standard answer as well. I'm sure even KNG fans appreciated her insights.

57 minutes ago, leba said:

Thank you so so so much @etherealk408 for compiling the translations of the articles! So good to read all her true feelings. I must say she is a very honest and straightforward person. Like an open book. And your comments in red are not nonsensical! I agree with them too! She just keeps repeating how comfortable she is with KNG and how she opened up to acting with him. I like it that she says there’s mutual trust and understanding between the both of them. I think it’s very hard for actors and actresses to find co-stars with that same heartbeat, same wavelength.

Again, romantically involved or not they really found something really great in each other as acting partners, which I really hope translates into their personal relationship one day! I found her use of the words "each other" and" we" in the interviews very encouraging, like she has this confidence to speak not only just for herself but also on KNG's behalf when it comes to the understanding and trust they have with each other. 

And everybody's thinkng about the 'slip' right? I think it was because she was talking about how she,KAJ, loved the "fictional" HeoIm deeply and it made her happy that she felt KNG loved "fictional" YeonKyung a lot too. So my point is,why not just let the fictional "HI-CYK" be, and you and KNG just love "each other" for REAL? :tongue:

1 hour ago, kfan222 said:

Anyway, I wanted to share this bit of KAJ's interview about her thoughts on dating and marriage :D http://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=201710150100084910006982&ServiceDate=20171014 (last two paragraphs):

yay you translated this! lol i was just thinking abt doing it but it's getting a bit late for me..ughh I love the choice of her words so much..accommodating/accepting and generous/magnanimous..like these adjectives you hear them and you can't help but be reminded of that one man. The whole time during shooting of LUTYN all the fan accounts/personal interaction comments on KNG has been nothing but those that bespoke of a kind,understanding and a generous person. Staffs/crews/food truck business owners/onset extras even oriental doctors on standby have nothing else to say about him but his goodness. It's always comments of how he's so nice,so patient,he must've been dead tired yet he still smiled and was so considerate, even in his half-asleep condition he was entertaining the crews' request, he's seriously a good person etc etc.

Speaking of generousness, I'm sorry if it's been mentioned before here but remember their realistic Date Scenes in Ep13? the whole thing was actually shot for 4 separate days; Sept 18 until Sept 22,and for the final scene at the Eulwangri Beach,remember there was that part where they were eating seafood at that restaurant? Apparently after that KNG surprised the staffs by TREATING them to roasted clams and king prawns there. I remember the staffs uploading food pics on their IG saying how shocked they were because nobody expected the treat coming for them; you just could tell they were so touched. Hmm..I wonder what KAJ thought while all of that were happening? And KNG without fail takes good care of his close hoobaes, sending food trucks to both Kim JungHyun and Chun WooHee just in the past 2 months.There's a generous guy.

" I don't need humour. If it is someone you like, it can still be fun/interesting even if he is not funny." 

Right? Who cares if the jokes he made aren't really funny. As long as it's always FUN when you're with him? Oops my bad, she already EMPHASIZED that.:wink:

• Like 21

14 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Omg!!!!! A natural acupuncture kiss! Of course it was natural. Or..even more natural than we knoe :tongue:

tumblr_owfncnT3U11swk3xho3_540.gif

Look at that up there! See how HI slowly accepted YK's lips. Both naturally engulfed each other :wub: still one of the hottest kiss in my kdrama list!

Yes. I agree. We need a fan! LOL!

tumblr_ouoh55ejzr1tmjt2ko1_400.gif&key=7

Yes, i agree! This is one of the best kiss scene i ever watch!

• Like 6
  • LOL 5