[Official] ♔ WonSan Lovers || HanCheon ❤ SoHwa (Im Siwan • Im Yoona) ♔

bebe1989

Thank you @spacebar for your detailed explanation. Lol. I don’t understand why you hesitated to post here before when you express your thoughts very well. 

But I love what you said here: The Queen just wants to tell her son TENDERLY and COMFORT him that San did not like him as a man. I agree. That's one of the three important things to remember about the Queen.  The TWO other important things to remember are that

1) she was only getting one side of the whole truth, and

2) her perception was twisted by her own unhappy marriage.  

Take for instance Episode 10. You wrote this:

EP10 (19-20)
At the tea party, The queen might have noticed San's tears and San turned her face away when dan held won's hand.
she might have felt suspicious that san liked won or just afraid to be sent to yuan. So she went to talk to San.
In the conversation between Queen and San. I thought she was accepting what San said,
"Just friend"
Because she was not familiar with San and San had no symptoms that people would notice abnormalities.
While viewers who have seen San more than the queen would know that's not how San responded normally.
But the queen might start to like san.

I agree with you. There are many things that the Queen didn’t know about San at this time that would have altered the way she understood San’s so-called "just friends."  At the top of my head, I’ll just mention three. 

One. Won had the royal jeweler create a trinket for San – that hairpin. But San had given Won special gifts, too. A dirty bracelet and a PRECIOUS (x 10) necklace.  While the Queen was trying to figure out what the hairpin meant for San (that is, was the hairpin a love token, was she attached to it, why was she holding onto it), the Queen was actually UNAWARE that San had given gifts to Won.

Based on Furatai’s simple eyewitness account of the King’s tea party, she wouldn’t have known that Won’s bracelet which was scattered on the floor was a gift from San. Also based on Furatai’s incomplete eyewitness account of the bridge scene, she wouldn’t have known of the necklace San gave to Won as replacement to the bracelet and as TOKEN of her commitment to be by his side. (See? Those were written in the script. Not deleted. hahaha) 

Had the Queen known of the necklace (and the bracelet) she would have viewed San in a different light. San definitely saw Won as a MAN at this time. Nobody gives that kind of token and PROMISE to a MERE friend. 

Two. The Queen also didn’t know about the REAL REASON San refused to remove her mask at the King’s tea party.  San had defied the King because of Won. I mentioned this in the defunct Drama Thread before the show ended. I said that in the Episode 8 we should pay attention to that scene of San in the palanquin on her way to the King’s tea party.

Here’s an excerpt, with a couple of edits, so you don’t have to look for it. It's in italics.  

Inside the darkened palanquin, San was rehashing her father’s advice to her before she departed. He said, “No matter what happens, do not take off your mask.”

Then, we see in a flashback, San being prepared by her maid for the meeting with the King. In a voiceover, the Dad continued, “If it’s revealed that you don’t have a scar on your face, I don’t know what kind of punishment you will be charged with.” Her maid suggested, “How about I just go in your place? Even if I take my covering off, I have a scar, so wouldn’t it be better?” The father responded, “Song In, that man, came personally. Mostly to spy on us and to make sure we don’t engage in any trickery.” 

After that, we see San getting ready to leave. She began to ask, “Father--” but her Father worriedly gave her one final reminder, “His Majesty may command you to take off your veil. If he does—“

San: (interrupting her dad) Father, will the Crown Prince be there too? In that meeting? (Remember at this point, she already found out that Won was the CP who rescued her from marriage.)
Father: The Crown Prince?
San: If…I was acquainted with the Crown Prince, and it’s revealed that I’ve been lying about my identity, what will happen to the Crown Prince? (See? I told you she was ALWAYS concerned about Won. All along, while they were concerned about the discovery of her face under the veil, she was thinking of Won.) 
Father: You know the Crown Prince?
San: It seems that I was acquainted with him. 
Father: How could you…
San: Then what will happen to His Highness?
Father: The Crown Prince will also be charged with a crime of breaking the law of the land. The crime of hiding you. 

Then, we are transported back again into the darkened palanquin which was quickly approaching the palace. 

The beginning and ending sentences inside the palanquin were “No matter what happens, do not take of your mask.… The crime of hiding you.” Then she arrived at the palace. 

Most shippers forgot about this scene because it had no flashy cinematography and no schmaltzy background music. However, this scene is relevant because it described San’s state of mind and MOTIVE that night. She was concerned about Won, and the effects of her and her father’s subterfuge on Won. She knew that Won would be implicated despite knowing nothing about her secret identity.  Thus, her reluctance to remove her veil that night in front of the King was NOT about self-preservation. She was PROTECTING Won – like she always does in this story.

Had the Queen known of San’s motives, she would have viewed San in a different light. San definitely saw Won as a MAN. Nobody RISKS the King’s wrath for a MERE friend but here we have San defying the King's orders to protect Won. Even Rin did not dare go up against the king, and he was Won’s best friend. 

Third. The Queen didn’t know that the way San was talking about Won actually revealed her affections for him. She was smiling when she talked about him. 

jDVaRYv.jpg

The maid Biyeon noticed the change in San because the maid was San’s confidante. The maid knew that there was something about the way San talked about one man that made her smile and laugh. And that man was Won. 

lZfKWYr.jpg

San said so. She opened her heart to him. She had put up a wall but he broke it down. He had her laughing and enjoying life again. She saw him as a MAN and not a mere friend.     

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://twitter.com/DeeYDeer/status/918405763302752256

I am sorry but I don't know why she tweeted this since I don't see any Siwan's fans talk bad about Yoona/HJH. I am worried she will make people hate Yoona too since she's Yoona's fans. I an sorry to spoil this thread with this kind of richard simmons but that tweet really annoyed out of me.

19 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

Won stopping the wedding of San and Jeon - Do you all see San's expression?  Is this the expression towards a friend. It is an OMG -  I have feelings towards the CP moment?  CP?  CP?  PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS CP? 

Here is one more.....

Hey.... you're getting good at gifmaking. More, please? I was googling for gifs for TKL and there wasn't a whole lot of WonSan. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Not only her expression...but her action, too. 

If they were purely "friends" why would she hide her face? Why didn't she want Won to know that she was going to be trapped in an ugly marriage to Jeon? That she was willing to wear a mask to hide the fact from Won? 

When Rin found out her identity and called her "Lady San," she had no problems telling him, "Yeahhhh.... I am indeed Lady San and I'm marrying Jeon. So what?"

giphy.gif

One of the ladies called it earlier. @mslee, was it you? 

But for favorites that pointed to San thinking and liking Won it was revealed in subtlety when Rin unexpectedly learned she is the daughter of the minister. That night they talked i remember how preoccupied San was and her concern mostly was for Won not to find out. I mean in that moment she was not hesitating with the plan of marriage although she was not happy about it. And talking it with Rin there was no regret in her eyes for him. If she likes him as a man.. Should not she felt apologetic somehow even though she did not know he likes her? Or act helpless.. You know.. Here is the man you wish to be with.. 
But she was firm. She would wear veil if.only not to be found out where she is by Won. SHE KNEW WON WOULD BE FINDING HER IF HE LOST COMMUNICATION WITH HER.the thought was already in her head. If she does not pay attention to him he would not be in her thoughts. She won't care. BUT SHE DID.

And of course why is it okay for Rin to find out but not for Won? Why? We knew it was the obvious. 

She knew Won wouldn't have tolerated it.

She herself didn't want to think of her marriage either. As dramatic as this may sound, she was considering marriage to Jeon as fate worse than death. Remember she brought knives, according to the maid. She was prepared to die -- either a literal or figurative death. That was why she insisted on going to the Maypole Dance although Rin offered to make excuses for her.  She wanted to go to the Dance and dance with Won. The Dance was going to be her “cherished” moment, her PRECIOUS (x 100) MEMORIES that would last her the whole lifetime. 

1 hour ago, veyvey67 said:

I am sorry but I don't know why she tweeted this since I don't see any Siwan's fans talk bad about Yoona/HJH. I am worried she will make people hate Yoona too since she's Yoona's fans. I an sorry to spoil this thread with this kind of richard simmons but that tweet really annoyed out of me.

Oh, hi there! Are you one of our WonSan lurkers?? I knew there were more lurkers than posters. 

I'm not going to open that tweet. I'm going to ignore it. :) 

This is my reaction when I saw whose tweet it was:

Im-Siwan.gif

Spoiler

Jung-Bo-Suk-Jang-Young-Nam.gifJung-Bo-Suk-Jang-Young-Nam-2.gif

Paying attention to haters is like giving squatters freedom to enter your house, hang from the chandelier, occupy your family room, raid your fridge, roll in your sateen sheets, play on the grand piano with dirty hands, rearrange your prized wine collection in the wine fridge, trash your study and use your Jacuzzi. 

You're too classy for them.

Im-Siwan-2.gif

credit: owner

hahaha. 

On 10/11/2017 at 9:41 AM, deandraluv said:

Explanation:

Ep.21  Won visited San in the prison cell.   It was their first meeting after the tea party.  

-Won :  Do have someone in mind?  (It bothered him so much that he directly asked San)

San: I found out that for Young Master Rin to stay, Lady Dan had to become your wife. 

(Wow!  I thought San never answered whom she liked, but now I know.  The answer was implied.  I didn't pay much attention to it before.)

If she did have someone else in mind (Rin), she would have answered,"Yes, I do" or "I am sorry",   Actually her answer to Won is, "No, I don't have someone in mind but for young master Rin to stay,  you had to marry Dan."  

-Notice that San got her eyes teary when she talked about her father, but she really cried when she delivered her heart-felt message to Won for Han Cheon, she must have liked him so much.  :wub:

-There is a parallel on this scene: San refused to sit by Won when he asked her, later in ep. 19, Won was the one who refused to sit by San.  

Thank you for doing all of that, @deandraluv.

I agree with your points here. I'll only make a small point here because I can foresee how San's statement could be misconstrued as to mean that San had Young Master Rin in mind at along so I should put this in context. In Episode 9, she was unambiguous that she had been thinking of Won when she made her sacrifice. 

She told  Biyeon that she was afraid that "ultimately because of her, they’ll be both unhappy and soon dislike her.” One man (Rin) would encourage her to marry Won, even clapping his hand, but the other one (Won) would become sad, not because he’d marry her, but because he would be separated from his best friend by a very long distance. 

I have to keep on saying this until it sticks on some fangirls’ head. Rin had openly declared himself ready to go on separate ways. It was only Won who insisted on having his friend at his side.  

She reiterated her fear on her way to Won’s guesthouse/tavern. She said in a voiceover:

"Because I was afraid I would hurt that friendship. I now only have one task. To ensure that they can continue to enjoy their friendship and company as they have already done for many years. I will pour in all my might. Though it will be lonely, this will be a token of my friendship."

She didn’t want Won to go without his friend. Thus, in her logic, Lady Dan had to be Won’s wife so Won would have his friend around. She didn't do it for Rin specifically. She did it because she didn't want Won sad when THEIR FRIENDSHIP ended. 

Again, it must be noted here that she was operating on a false premise. She didn’t know that the issue of Rin going as a slave -- or whatever -- had ALREADY been settled. When she tried to find out more about the situation, Rin (as usual) withheld the truth. 

San: My marriage promise was shattered, and Lady Dan must be taken away as a tribute woman.
Rin:  It was already resolved.
San: By you going in her stead?
Rin: Let’s get up. His Highness should be getting up soon.

In his non-denial, Rin let her assume incorrectly that Won was LOSING his best friend because of her.

1 hour ago, packmule3 said:

She herself didn't want to think of her marriage either. As dramatic as this may sound, she was considering marriage to Jeon as fate worse than death. Remember she brought knives, according to the maid. She was prepared to die -- either a literal or figurative death. That was why she insisted on going to the Maypole Dance although Rin offered to make excuses for her.  She wanted to go to the Dance and dance with Won. The Dance was going to be her “cherished” moment, her PRECIOUS (x 100) MEMORIES that would last her the whole lifetime. 

You are right about that.  San was segregating her marriage to Jeon and her love for Won.  Lin was just a bystander and had no bearing whatsoever about the thought process in her mind.  

She was blackmailed to marry Jeon since she was found out and her entire family (father and everyone who works for him) would be affected adversely by it.  She hated complications and did not want anyone to suffer because of her.  At that point in time, she was already smitten-mitten (cr. @packmule3) with HC.  Even though her behavior seems rude and unrefined at times when she was with HC, she did that as she loved him from the moment he brought her mother's last wishes. Her behavior is pretty tomboyish growing up with a bunch of men at the teacher's residence.  So, she treated HC as another one of those.  But he pulled her heart strings.  She knew she was a rich gal and did not know much about HC or his status, but still loved him.  Won knew she was a maid and still enjoyed being with her and thought only of her which made her angry, confused and happy too.  Love transcends all and was not tied to anything except their feelings.  See the difference between Lin (also a royal) and Won.  Each one  (HC & SH) giving the other personal things is about confessing, accepting and acknowledging their love implicitly.   

She wanted to go to the dance and enjoy those memories before she had to marry a monster with a character that of gutter trash.  Those moments would last a life time and she was willing to save them for eternity.  

3 hours ago, veyvey67 said:

DeeYDeer - is one of the RinSaners and I forget what her soompi name is (was it Sakura22 ?).  But, I am becoming a Siwan fan and I can badmouth Yoona, not on her past or her career, but for her ignorance in giving an interview without watching the drama and asking other people about the drama, its context, and the flow of it.  She definitely needs a script analyzer.    We are only analyzing what we see in the drama.  Did Yoona really see the drama after it aired?  What conclusions might she have come up with for her interview to be taken down from a website.  Do you know how difficult it is?  The articles have a life of their own.  So, they must have taken stringent steps to remove it before the PD or the writer takes action.  

My 2 cents.

44 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Again, it must be noted here that she was operating on a false premise. She didn’t know that the issue of Rin going as a slave -- or whatever -- had ALREADY been settled. When she tried to find out more about the situation, Rin (as usual) withheld the truth. 

San: My marriage promise was shattered, and Lady Dan must be taken away as a tribute woman.
Rin:  It was already resolved.
San: By you going in her stead?
Rin: Let’s get up. His Highness should be getting up soon.

In his non-denial, Rin let her assume incorrectly that Won was LOSING his best friend because of her.

Rin is an expert in disclosing only half-truths.  He does not do this with malice (like Songin or Jeon).  But in a way of protecting whoever, he does not disclose all the information that a person needs to make decisions based on it.  

1 hour ago, angelwingssf said:

We are only analyzing what we see in the drama.  Did Yoona really see the drama after it aired?  What conclusions might she have come up with for her interview to be taken down from a website.  Do you know how difficult it is?  The articles have a life of their own.  So, they must have taken stringent steps to remove it before the PD or the writer takes action.  

I do so love that we have this thread to discuss this. Thanks @bebe1989 for starting this thread!!  If we were still in the Drama thread, whatever we say, even if the most logical interpretation of the script, we’d be told that we were engaging in fanfiction anyway.

Was her interview really taken down from the website (what website)? I know ignorance is not an excuse, but it does seem to me that she neither knew the ending nor understood her character. When she said in the interview that the rooftop scene was the turning point because it was when she realized how much Rin had done for her character San, I wondered if she grasped that his rescue PALED in comparison to the enormity of SACRIFICES Won made for her? I felt like asking her:

Sweetie, which one is greater:
a. saving San from falling off the roof or 
b. releasing her from marriage to Jeon?

Or how about 
a. saving San from tripping on her dress 
b. getting her and a hundred of other girls off tribute list?

Those things that Won did for San cost him a whole lot more than what Rin did when he saved her falling off the roof and tripping on her dress. lol.

Really. It's mind-boggling to me that she didn’t get that. Was she sleeping when she acted in those scenes? Didn't she understand the implication of her dialogues when she said her lines?  In her defense though she could have been in over her head with the script. She wasn't given the whole picture in order to preserve her character's ambiguity, so how would she know the general plan? 

BTW, I loved how Won fooled her here, too. He wanted to walk out with her but HE predicted (correctly) that she would resist him or snub him if he asked her to wait for him.  So he said, "It's not THAT way!" and she immediately turned around. Only when Won gave her that smirk did she realize that she'd been tricked. 

1wxokb.gif

1 hour ago, packmule3 said:

I do so love that we have this thread to discuss this. Thanks @bebe1989 for starting this thread!!  If we were still in the Drama thread, whatever we say, even if the most logical interpretation of the script, we’d be told that we were engaging in fanfiction anyway.

Was her interview really taken down from the website (what website)? I know ignorance is not an excuse, but it does seem to me that she neither knew the ending nor understood her character. When she said in the interview that the rooftop scene was the turning point because it was when she realized how much Rin had done for her character San, I wondered if she grasped that his rescue PALED in comparison to the enormity of SACRIFICES Won made for her? I felt like asking her:

Sweetie, which one is greater:
a. saving San from falling off the roof or 
b. releasing her from marriage to Jeon?

Or how about 
a. saving San from tripping on her dress 
b. getting her and a hundred of other girls off tribute list?

Those things that Won did for San cost him a whole lot more than what Rin did when he saved her falling off the roof and tripping on her dress. lol.

Really. It's mind-boggling to me that she didn’t get that. Was she sleeping when she acted in those scenes? Didn't she understand the implication of her dialogues when she said her lines?  In her defense though she could have been in over her head with the script. She wasn't given the whole picture in order to preserve her character's ambiguity, so how would she know the general plan? 

BTW, I loved how Won fooled her here, too. He wanted to walk out with her but HE predicted (correctly) that she would resist him or snub him if he asked her to wait for him.  So he said, "It's not THAT way!" and she immediately turned around. Only when Won gave her that smirk did she realize that she'd been tricked. 

I read from one of the posts either on MT, twitter or PM group, that the interview was taken down.  Forget where and who had it posted.  One of RS group individuals had posted and gloated about how Yoona said it was Rinsan ending and even the interviewer was perplexed with the answers (I think!).  That's why she had to ask people -  She neither got the drama nor her character.  I love the character Won in the drama and seeing him outside and in the army shouts one thing and one thing ONLY -- CLASSY guy and CLASSY actor !!

57 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

I read from one of the posts either on MT, twitter or PM group, that the interview was taken down.  Forget where and who had it posted.  One of RS group individuals had posted and gloated about how Yoona said it was Rinsan ending and even the interviewer was perplexed with the answers (I think!).  That's why she had to ask people -  She neither got the drama nor her character.  I love the character Won in the drama and seeing him outside and in the army shouts one thing and one thing ONLY -- CLASSY guy and CLASSY actor !!

Part of me -- a big part of me -- wants to blame the director or the production staff for mishandling that situation and putting Yoona in a spot. They should have shielded her by telling her beforehand what the ending was going to be. 

But remember? The audience was trolled too. Leading up to the final week, the viewers were still being trolled with that pic of San with her head on the bed. lol. If Yoona had seen that pic (or tweet) before going to the interviews, of course, she too would have interpreted it as a sign that it was a RinSan ending.

Just by looking at that picture of San resting her head on the bed, Yoona would not have put much thought to her character San actually leaving the bedside of the injured Rin and waiting for Won outside the tavern. That San confessed her love and went on a midnight stroll with Won put into proper context her bedside attendance. San's love confession outside -- while Rin was bleeding indoors -- made her priorities clear: Won. Nobody leaves the bedside of a sick loved one! laugh1-smiley.gif?1292867631

But Yoona being Yoona, she would have tried to salvage the situation and make the best of it. She would have said the first thing that came to her head --- "Ah! the rooftop scene was romantic!" :)

I told others before: Yoona is a people-pleaser. She's a nice girl and she likes to make people happy. That's probably where the writer got the personality of San. Yoona will tell you what you want to hear and won't rock the boat. Even if she had the original opinion that the script was gearing for a WonSan end, she would have walked it back (or reversed her opinion) to make it fit the HYPE that was going on that week with the release of that pic/tweet.

Frankly to me, it served the director and the production team right that their release of that trollish pic BACKFIRED on them ha-smiley.gif?1292867611 and the viewers became MORE confused with Yoona's interview. They shouldn't have hyped that pic, and they should have done more to prepare Yoona for the interview. They totally mishandled that. 

18 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Part of me -- a big part of me -- wants to blame the director or the production staff for mishandling that situation and putting Yoona in a spot. They should have shielded her by telling her beforehand what the ending was going to be. 

you can blame anyone, but the biggest blame would be with Yoona.  She should not have agreed to the interview without watching the drama.  That is what I read.  And saying things like I thought it was a won San ending and how she had to ask the production staff about who the OTP was and tidbits like this gives us the viewers / readers a whole lot more than what was said in the interview.  I used to work in a place where they had a studio in the ground floor.  once a movie / drama was going to be either released or started, they used to invite a lot of celebrities and run the script or the semblance of it and get their opinion / critique.  This is in the US.  I don't know what it is in Korea, but it would not be vastly different.  What perplexed me was that she picked something without reading.  Do actors do that?  I was surprised.  

Sometime ago I watched Kill Me Heal me.  The story was simple and it was presented well.  I read somewhere that it was a complex in the beginning, but the actress said that it became all clear in the end.  No body would go talk about something without reading it.  (Unless you are Rachel (friends) who talked about Jane Eyre in the class she went to with Phoebe).

hahaha. @angelwingssf, did you watch Friends? Those were the days when we had Thursday nights to look forward to here in the US. I didn't watch Friends as often as I watched "Mad About You."

Back then, my husband and I didn't have time to sit through an hour watching TV so we picked one sitcom from the Thursday line-up: Jeopardy, Mad About You, Friends, and Seinfeld, to watch together then taped the others. lol. Those were the heydays of American TV for me. 

SJN could have still been re-working the script as they were filming it. It’s also possible that the nuance didn’t become clear to the actors until the end.

For instance, remember what spacebar wrote here: 

10 hours ago, spacebar said:

And I have a small happy for wonsaner in ep14
when won and san sat and talked on the rock

Won:  you mother is buried in a beautiful place.
San:  she liked it here because she could see the lake.
Won: me too. I decided to like this place as well. We should come here sometimes. Since I like it here. (that's very romantic)
San looks like she's smiling a little. And her voice changed from a sad tone to a cute tone. (that's so cute):rolleyes:

Did you get what Won meant here? It was romantic but it also dovetailed with San's confession. You see, this is one of those many times that Won GAVE San something before she had even asked of it. 

He was telling her that together, they could come and visit her mother’s gravesite and her mother’s spot – because that would have pleased San. It became like a royal edict. Because of San, he DECIDED to like that place too. Therefore, he decreed they would return to that place in the future. Just for her. 

If Yoona had known that in the end, San would expressed how grateful she was for exactly these times when he was like her “New Year’s lucky pouch” then I think, Yoona’s face could have registered more feelings here during this scene. But since she was kept in the dark about the ending, her reaction… well… it was a bit lacking for me. :)

@packmule3 Yes, it's just a perfect explanation for what we've been talking before, thanks ^^ And I wasn’t mean to call you Sonsaenginim as teacher. I thought Sonsaengnim has the same meaning with ‘Sensei’ in Japanese. Japanese sometimes use Sensei to talk to someone that admired them, or sometimes simply for jokes lol

@Kissy13 Ikr. His whole acts in the movie worth an award!!! And yesss I desperately wait for a kissng scene too, but since the director and staff like to trolling us, we can’t do anything. Lol. Oh have you vote for him? I kinda confused with the application, sometimes it can vote, but sometimes can’t.

@angelwingssf those gif when Won stoping Jeon-San marriage is just precious. Won really handsome and charismatic at those scene. I love they way he talks to Jeon and San, defining his power as CP.

I just love how Won never use his position as Crown Prince/ King, to do anything he pleased to the hirl he loves. From what I’ve been observe from any kdramas that has similar feeling to TKIL, the male lead always get near to the female with some kind of force, to show their power and ‘don’t mess with me’ feels. It also give us the viewers a fan service, as we can claim the scene as one of the best/romantic between the leads. Like this:

Spoiler

ndxREO.gif

rloab3.gif

UchqQO.gif

cypk3J.gif

NOTE : Providing this gifs doesn’t mean I hate the dramas or the actor-actress. In fact, some of them are my favorite dramas and also my favorite scenes.

You can look all of the male are king. And the full-power king always can grab the female waist/ hand to dominate her, with all the female looking back at him with afraid-look-yet-lovingly. Those kind of scene, could happen to our WonSan and, I guaranteed, Siwan/Yoona can portray it as best as those actor/actrees too.

The only one Won force to o something similar with those is the one at the teaser. The one Won approaching San to kiss her (and I’m glad he didn’t have to grab any of San’s body, that explains San didn’t rejected it). But we never have the scene on the drama, so just move on.
Win the drama, Won has many chance to do this kind of force to San. (I have to admit that I pray hard to have a force-kiss-scene when WonSan alone at Wangbimama’s room after her death, or when Wonsan walks together in the forest and San confessing her heart). But Won choose not to do it. Because he was a gentleman, everything always do after he thinks. Not the opposite. Unlike someone who do force-kiss to cut the thread of fate, which is failed. He surely do something before he thinks.

Remember the scene when San hugging him but instead of hug her back, he asks “what are you doing?” At first, I was confused, didn’t he loves her? Why do he gives a cold  reaction when someone he loves finally hugging him first? But then I realize that Won can’t think of any romance at that time. He surely loves San, but the current moment at that time (San’s father and Won’s Mother just died, and their country is in a mess) made Won should put the country first. It means, he put something important first THAN HIS HEART. And he consider San’s feeling to, she must be as weary as him to obstacle all SongIn’s plan, so they know each other best that this is not the time for them to be together. So they have to separate for sometime to settle down everything. (San could go without Rin though, this is just how the director and staff trolling us).

This side of Won reminding me of Siwan’s character lol. Remember when he said on variety show (when he still a member of boy band) that he never had girlfriend and never had his first kiss? Eventhough he was just in the middle of his 20’s at that time. People would think it's weird and start to make rumour of him being feminine or something, lol. They think he IS a man, and popular, and have a good looks that can swoon any girls heart. He just put his heart at last and working really hard to catch his dream. Won is just the same. What do you think about this @Kissy13 @mslee@angelwingssf @bebe1989 ?

And ofcourse as my all of my sunbaenims in this thread said, because Won treasure San, he won’t do something that will hurt San. This is just how beautiful their love are. I might start crying again just thinking about this. To explain love, doesn’t always have to be having many skinship, that loving someone doesn’t have to keep the one we love but to let them free and choose what they like. 

(Eventhough I still blame the director for not giving us a simple peck or something, just to please us though, lol)

Spoiler

PS : I wish I was a better explainers(?) I think I still lack at explaining about Won and San's love here, pardon me hahaha

4 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Back then, my husband and I didn't have time to sit through an hour watching TV so we picked one sitcom from the Thursday line-up: Jeopardy, Mad About You, Friends, and Seinfeld, to watch together then taped the others. lol. Those were the heydays of American TV for me. 

When all these shows were airing, I was new to this country and the accent was difficult to understand, even though I had successfully passed my TOEFL with flying colors.  My medium of education was in English from Kindergarten and I had worked a couple of years in a professional field in my home country before I got married and came here.  Initially I hated this place since it was 180 degrees from the culture and environment that I had grown up in.  All the TV shows that you mentioned were airing at that time, but I did not understand what they were saying.  I had a tough time understanding the American accent.  But as I watched more and more shows, I got better at it.  

hahaha. @angelwingssf, did you watch Friends? Those were the days when we had Thursday nights to look forward to here in the US. I didn't watch Friends as often as I watched "Mad About You."

Thursday night line up was great on NBC.  Even to this day, my husband watches Friends, Seinfeld on Netflix.  My kids come home from school and watch these even today.  

I think after these shows, there was more of reality TV, Bachelor, Bachelorette, and so on and I hated watching anything on ABC (even scandal).  I hardly watch NBC anymore, but do watch CBS (my fave NCIS).  

If Yoona had known that in the end, San would expressed how grateful she was for exactly these times when he was like her “New Year’s lucky pouch” then I think, Yoona’s face could have registered more feelings here during this scene. But since she was kept in the dark about the ending, her reaction… well… it was a bit lacking for me. :)

I think the writer might have constantly been changing the script and as you said, she could have registered better feelings at various scenes.  I am not blaming her for not acting better at certain scenes, but for not watching the show after it aired, and understanding how it was shown and if it matched what she thought instead of asking a PD team about it.  To me, it felt like she took a test without actually studying the subject matter.  (Reminds me of another show where the kids were watching a video for a test that they needed to take)  Hopefully she learnt her lesson.  

Wasn't HJH's interview sometime this week.  Did it already air?  What did he say?  

19 hours ago, mslee said:

@Kissy13 thank you for that siwan update. Im glad there are news about him even though he is serving. And very busy with tasks.

I guess he is a favorite of his seniors inside the army. 

Watching Siwan serve, I wonder what happened to your OTHER guy, Ok Taecyeon. Isn't he serving, too? He and Siwan have the same serious, reliable and analytical personality so I know they'll do well wherever they're placed in the military. (I must admit that I'm partial to men in the Air Force and it has NOTHING to do with Tom Cruise's Top Gun.) They'll make their marks in an organization like the military where there's a hierarchy in place and an advancement guaranteed for self-motivated and hard-working men. 

Apropos of nothing, how's Siwan's English? :D I saw him answering an American interviewer in English and HE praised the interviewer for speaking good English. Pwahahaha. In my opinion, the interviewer WAS being a bit condescending so Siwan turned the tables on him. 

13 minutes ago, seogwangnim said:

This side of Won reminding me of Siwan’s character lol. Remember when he said on variety show (when he still a member of boy band) that he never had girlfriend and never had his first kiss? Eventhough he was just in the middle of his 20’s at that time. People would think it's weird and start to make rumour of him being feminine or something, lol. They think he IS a man, and popular, and have a good looks that can swoon any girls heart. He just put his heart at last and working really hard to catch his dream. Won is just the same. What do you think about this @Kissy13 @mslee@angelwingssf @bebe1989 ?

He is truly a gentleman and that is fine for him to put his career first and girl last.  I think there are different kinds of love - physical, emotional and soul mate kind of love.  The most difficult one would be the last one ;  I think San and Won were depicted to have that kind of love.  Even though Won was trying copious amount of skinship in the drama, he was never forceful in his act in any shape or form.  He would say that he would lock her up in his cage and if his cage is the entire country, that is not locking his love up.  @packmule3 explained this love on the MT.  

I think many girls are probably swooning at Im siwan, but he might be choosy in finding the girl he wants.  Maybe it might be Yoona or maybe someone really really smart like him or smarter.  But I think that he likes Yoona and is pretty possessive of her in the interviews and such.  I know Yoona had a couple of boyfriends and don't really know if she is in a relationship now or not.  But if she like siwan, she will have to wait till April 19, or have a long distance relationship.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder.  

9 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Watching Siwan serve, I wonder what happened to your OTHER guy, Ok Taecyeon. Isn't he serving, too? He and Siwan have the same serious, reliable and analytical personality so I know they'll do well wherever they're placed in the military. (I must admit that I'm partial to men in the Air Force and it has NOTHING to do with Tom Cruise's Top Gun.) They'll make their marks in an organization like the military where there's a hierarchy in place and an advancement guaranteed for self-motivated and hard-working men. 

Men in uniform are swoon worthy  :wub:

23 minutes ago, seogwangnim said:

I just love how Won never use his position as Crown Prince/ King, to do anything he pleased to the hirl he loves. From what I’ve been observe from any kdramas that has similar feeling to TKIL, the male lead always get near to the female with some kind of force, to show their power and ‘don’t mess with me’ feels. It also give us the viewers a fan service, as we can claim the scene as one of the best/romantic between the leads. Like this:

Have you watched the "Ten miles of peach blossoms" -  It is really good too and pretty intense in some of the scenes.  I loved the little kid in that one.  

@angelwingssf @packmule3

I love Friends. I think 90's shows were some of the good old days tv watch. Like The Practice, and for romance i really loved Felicity. 

@seogwangnim Siwan had that irresistible charm. And despite lacking in height but i am sure he is still taller than most Asian women.. He exudes masculinity.:tongue: like him just the way he is.

Just look the way he played Won. He was in command of his role. He does not have to play the tough image of a man when with San but you can sense his manly charms when he talks to her and when he is firm in his decisions. I think Won as a character showed multi facets which left viewers favored him more. Even when he did go berserk kicking that guard when he touched San on earlier epiosdes viewers liked him for how he showed his madness at seeing his woman being tortured. Here is a man who would do anything for his woman. I like that Won showed he can with action and not just words.

Ive yet to remember things Rin did for San to save her. Or showed that he loves her as a man protecting her. All i recall is him saying things but actually no results. I remembered things he said in his mind but mostly they resonate REGRET. 

18 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Watching Siwan serve, I wonder what happened to your OTHER guy, Ok Taecyeon. Isn't he serving, too? He and Siwan have the same serious, reliable and analytical personality so I know they'll do well wherever they're placed in the military. (I must admit that I'm partial to men in the Air Force and it has NOTHING to do with Tom Cruise's Top Gun.) They'll make their marks in an organization like the military where there's a hierarchy in place and an advancement guaranteed for self-motivated and hard working men.

:Dstill waiting news of how he has been in training. Taec is one of those reliable and hardworking so i hope he is doing well in training. He was really vocal about active serving...

Lol TopGun! Who has.not.watched that movie:wub:

Hahaha. Those gifs you provided @seogwangnim are cringe-worthy.  Especially the second one. Did you speed up the gif by any chance? It seemed as if the  guy was back-flipping the poor girl (it’s Mickey Yoochun from Sungkyungkwan Scandal, right?)  

I think one reason Won couldn’t grab San like that was because San could easily backflip him anytime or hand-wrestle him to the ground. Won backed down with one command or one tap from San. 

GIF

Your comment here: 

3 hours ago, seogwangnim said:

Remember the scene when San hugging him but instead of hug her back, he asks “what are you doing?” At first, I was confused, didn’t he loves her? Why do he gives a cold  reaction when someone he loves finally hugging him first? But then I realize that Won can’t think of any romance at that time. He surely loves San, but the current moment at that time (San’s father and Won’s Mother just died, and their country is in a mess) made Won should put the country first. It means, he put something important first THAN HIS HEART. And he consider San’s feeling to, she must be as weary as him to obstacle all SongIn’s plan, so they know each other best that this is not the time for them to be together. So they have to separate for sometime to settle down everything. (San could go without Rin though, this is just how the director and staff trolling us).

Reminded me that one of the novel concepts I learned from kdramas is separation means waiting. 

I’m accustomed to thinking that a separation is terminal. When people say goodbye, it’s “the end.” But in kdramas, I’ve learned that separation is only temporary. It’s a hiatus. When the OTP say goodbye, there’s a time-leap and the couples reunite after their resentment, anger, sorrow, bitterness and other negative emotions are resolved. Their separation is only a momentary isolation to help the couple mature and overcome their obstacles when they next meet. But while they are separated from each other, they’ll cling to the hope that they remain the first, last, and only love of the other person. In essence, they're just waiting to reconcile wit the love of their lives. 

So far, my newfound concept of separated-but-waiting has been proven true in all kdramas I’ve watched. Seven-Day-Queen, the Reply series, Descendants of the Sun, the Hong sisters dramas, Goblin, Nice Guy, and The King Loves are just a few on the list. The couples separate so in the end, they meet again. 

As for rumors of Siwan being “feminine” I did hear some jokes questioning his sexuality because he hadn’t dated yet. Let me try to remember where I watched it. Ah! That variety show Happy Together. IIRC, Siwan brought it up himself and said that there was no truth to it. 

Come to think of it, it’s interesting that the historical Won was also said to be bisexual according to let me see now… onehallyu? Whatever. 

If you ask ME whether I think Siwan appears effeminate or gay, I would categorically say no. Mind you, that’s his business anyway. 

But I do understand why he would choose not to date at this time (or at least THAT time when he was interviewed). For one, he’s a perfectionist, right? He would probably be looking for his ideal girl or the love-of-his-life to appear before he committed himself. IIRC, in Happy Together he mentioned his desire to be successful and earn enough money to provide for a family before he started a serious relationship. His answer was in keeping with the personality of a perfectionist. They do tend to eye practical and very detailed goals first (i.e., financial stability, successful career) before attending to the idealistic goals (i.e., live happily ever after).

For another, Siwan strikes me as having a contrarian personality. A contrarian is someone who would do the exact opposite that is expected of him, just to prove the expectations wrong. For example, Siwan once recounted a story of his parent telling him to go and date so he refused to. In opposing his parents, he was trying to demonstrate that he had his OWN say in his life and his OWN mind so he couldn’t be dictated.

To me, this would PARTLY explain why he’s driven to excel in acting. He wants to prove his detractors wrong. :) He’s well-aware that the Korean public often looks skeptically on idols-turn-actors so he’s out to prove them wrong. Lol. Being contrarian in nature, if people dissuade him with “no, you can’t,” then he’ll declare more firmly, “yes, I can. Just you wait and see.” 

Anyway, that's MY take on Siwan. I'm not his personal manager or his attorney so do take my words with a grain of salt. 

Archived