[Drama 2017-2018] Backflow / Reverse, 역류

0ly40

7 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

jayakris thanks for the continued recaps when your time permits. You are appreciated. So I took a break from the thread but I have been watching clips of the latest episodes..

Hide contents

Thanks for the heads up items, @Ldy Gmerm.  I know I shouldn't know much ahead, to translate properly without getting biased, but get curious anyway :)

Looks like we don't get a whole lot on solving the many mysteries, over the next 15 episodes from Ep. 35.  But then again, normally it is between episodes 25 and about 65 or 70, that the daily dramas move very slowly.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@Ldy Gmerm.....Everytime that happens , He has that look " I SEE YOU".. lol lol  Everytime he catches her or saves her, I feel like he knows who she is. Her eyes say " OH NO!!!! Please don't be hurt, Or her body is like " THIS IS WHERE I WANT TO BE". lol lol 

Lol.  But you're right; there is pretty good chemistry between these two, even though we have had only very few scenes of them talking much.  I really liked the chat near the end of episode 35 when they leave from work and JH asks her about talking to DB or somebody else if she has something troubling her. He again brings up the person who helped him through his own hard times "who thought of house designs just like her".   But those scenes are too few.  Will we ever see these two getting together? I doubt it.  It won't be easy for the writer to bring it to that, and even if it happens, it may only be near the end. So we may not get too many episodes with a real romance between these two, if at all we do.  That is a pity.

Episode 36 Translation/Recap:

IY sits down on the bed wondering what to do now, after tearing up from seeing a genuinely loving hug from DB, that followed a nice chat with JH a while earlier.  DM calls to report on her own troubles in hiding from SG and CH at the sauna, which she seems to have managed to do using some towel-on-the-head trick.  IY tells her that she has made a mistake in all this and wants to be taken out. "I got caught in the lies that I made. I don't even know what I have done.  If there is no connection between Taeyeon and my dad's death--" and DM interrupts saying "then you need to get out".  IY thinks that her lies will cause everybody to be hurt. DM says that is precisely why she should get out right away. How, asks IY.  DM wants her to calm down and think of a way.  IY: "Can I do it?". DM: "Not a question of whether you can. You have to".

HM is looking worried, thinking of the call she got from "JM's sister". She talks to BS about sincerely wanting to help SJ's son. IY brings some juice, overhearing it as she went back to the kitchen. BS says it is fine to just say thanks to the family openly. He thinks their son would have died if SJ wasn't there to help. HM wants to continue to help JM but thinks it will look odd to the family. IY goes to her room, fully convinced that there was nothing but genuine kindness from BS and HM.

A nice family breakfast is on, with some extra dishes from IY. DB talks about trying harder to help IY and being a good father etc.  Nothing serious here.  Upstairs, YR shows her concern about IY over-working from the morning itself. IY tells her that she wants to get closer to YR, and says she "expects to count on her from now on" (said using a Korean phrase which can mean different things based on contexts). It puzzles YR a bit because it sounds like IY is going away or something.

More nice talk from DB, as IY picks a necktie and helps him with it. He wants to go to the cafe where they first met, and wants to take a picture with "ssigssig" (the baby), etc.

The brothers have a chat in DB's office, about what JH, YR and mom will do over the weekend. DB gets a call from his PI but he doesn't take it. DB expects to be away (in the Jeju Island) with IY, and JH jokes that he is still IY's immediate boss. Nothing serious here. DB then calls the PI who says he is still checking on who took PDS' baby away.  He goes to BS' office and asks if they could have lunch. BS wants to call JH too, but DB wants to eat alone with BS.  They have lunch together, and DB talks about the time when the family of 4 went to Jeju when he was a boy, and reminds BS of just the two of them doing some things together, etc. BS seems to not remember any of it, but says he does.  DB senses that something is wrong.

At the office, Mr. Yun is tired already, as the project is only just starting. Mr. Jo reminds him of JH once giving them his credit card to go have a fun dinner, so not to whine. Ms. Ha says it would've been fun if IY had joined that outing, but IY had something else to do then. Mr. Yun wants her to join next week for the New Years party, but Mr. Jo tells him not to even think of any party till the project work is done. Mr. Yun and Ms. Ha say that they want some awards instead, in that case. Just some pleasant chats, to show that IY is feeling even sadder about having duped all these nice people. DM texts to make sure that IY hasn't changed her mind to get out of the house. IY replies that she is sure of it.

HM checks with the hospital on how JM's family knew her phone number. The front desk lady says she never told anybody, but HM wants her to check with the other staff and make sure that nobody did. "How did this happen? How did they find out?," she wonders. YR comes with next month's schedule and HM finds it to be just fine. YR wants to go somewhere with HM when IY and DB will be away in Jeju. She suggests the Yangpyeong villa, but HM would rather not go there, as it brings up bad memories of JH's tough period there. HM gets a call from IY who wants to come there and go for a lunch with HM.

JH is in the elevator with BS and asks why he was alone, without CG with him.  BS doesn't have any idea what happened to CG. Then JH runs into CG who says he had gone to get some indigestion medicine as BS asked. Now JH is also getting some doubt about what is up with his dad.

IY meets DM. IY wants to wrap up some work at the office to not leave the other staff in the lurch at a bad time, but she is going to get out soon. DM gives her the story of her sauna house escape using a towel on her head and all that. As DB is planning to leave tomorrow for Jeju, IY will leave tonight from that house. IY is feeling terrible, but hopes to be forgiven by the nice family. DM looks concerned, as IY goes back.

IY is with HM, and eating a dish that she likes (red bean porridge, a version of 팥죽, patjuk).. It is the same dish that HM had got for her in their first lunch together. HM asks why she didn't tell earlier that she wanted to have that dish. IY tears up, saying she was nervous and couldn't say how much she liked the dish then, knowing now that HM was treating her with so much love. HM says that it is natural for it to take time for people to become family, and gives her an envelop with pocket money to spend in Jeju. IY says it is okay, but is about to cry seeing the love from HM, so she finally accepts it.  She gets a call from "Boss Yang", (which is the guy from Yangpyeong, if I remember correctly). She says it is spam, and doesn't take it.

DM gets a call from CG and she acts like she is in Namhae.  She only got to meet IY briefly, she says. She also bluffs that the place where IY lives is a big place, etc. CH yells that she should send pictures. Then DM says that IY is coming home with her tomorrow. The mom and aunt are happy. SG runs out to buy stuff to cook for IY. The aunt finds it amusing how the thought of a daughter coming home makes the mom run like that, but she is thrilled herself that she will get to eat some good food too.

IY is at the office trying to wrap things up and leaving notes for the office-mates. IY gives the Hanbit Apts design ideas to JH, saying it is just some advance work from her. JH thanks her for making his brother, who was very lonely before, into a happy man. IY tells JH that he has been a good man, and a friend to DB too, and asks him to be by DB's side in the future as well. "You should stay healthy too, JH".  She says it in such serious way that JH actually starts wondering what is going on. JH offers to continue some work in his office and wait till she is done, to accompany her out.

DB and IY are having wine and juice at home. He is surprised at the sudden little session from IY.  She says it's just that she knows he would like it if she did something like that.  He says that the wine reminds him of the day when "ssigssig happened" (and I'm all ears now... All right, dude, tell us.  Did it "happen" or were you imagining it while drunk?)...  But he only says, "that time, in the end I had so much wine and was out of sorts, huh?", and she replies "I wonder too?".  So we get no details on whether they did the job or not. 

He asks her why she suddenly called him that night, after not reacting to many attempts from him to catch her attention. IY: "Is it only now that you're curious of that?".  He says he has always been curious to know.  He thought she didn't like him. When he got the sudden call, he dropped everything and rushed over. She says it wasn't that she didn't like him. She thought they both lived in two different worlds. DB: "So, am I right that we're in the same world now". She nods yes. He is looking forward to the trip tomorrow. They need to hurry in the morning. It's a 9 am flight. She wants to know why he liked her, when there were so many pretty girls out there, who were rich too. He says he thought it was amazing to see that "this kind of a woman even existed". He says he observed at some remodeling site, how she was dealing with the worker ajussis. He tried to talk about hiring her but she refused. But as he saw how she was treating the ajussis, helping them in the work, and bringing them coffee without even being asked, etc, he was sold. "This is no ordinary woman. She is such a warm person, who forgets herself and helps others. Such a nice person".  So on... IY tells him that she isn't as nice a woman as he thinks she is, and that he is mistaken. He says, "no. there is no warmer person to me, than you. When I thought I was alone in this world, you became my woman, and made a dad out of me". He continues that he wants to be a sincere father to 'ssigssig'.  She is again tearing up.

IY has packed her suitcase. She leaves her ring in the case, leaves a note for DB who is sleeping, says "DB, I am really sorry", and walks out of the house after a glance towards JH's room. Maid Nam sees her walking out the door, though.

IY thinks to herself - "I came to this place to know about the lies and the secrets. But I... got caught in the lies and secrets that I created".  She leaves, and CG sees her walking out to the street.  (The End)

Episode 37 Translation/Recap:

IY leaves the Taeyeon house, and reaches home with DM. Getting back is like a dream, says IY.  DM asks her to worry only tomorrow, about what to do with that family. Right now, sleep first - as DM hardly slept last night either, at the sauna house. IY remember that Mr. Jang may tell DB about the convenience store ajumma, so she should be told in advance. DM says she will handle it. They will again tell her that a stalker might come looking, like last time.

DB finds IY's parting note. "Sorry; I cannot stay with you any longer, Dong Bin.  Later when I am ready, I will explain everything and ask for forgiveness, from Mother and Father too. I'm really sorry, Dong Bin".  He tries to call IY but can't get through.  He shows the note to JH, and says he has no idea where she went.  JH recalls some of IY's words in the office the previous day, which looked weird then itself. DB wonders if any issue came up between IY and their parents. JH thinks there can't be any issue; YR had told him about the nice lunch IY had with Mom just yesterday, red bean porridge and all. JH thinks it might be just pregnancy-related anxiety or something. Better not to tell the parents for now. He tries to comfort DB.

BS is telling HM that they should make a trip to the Yangyeong villa, as IY hasn't seen that place.  HM has to remind him that she is going to Jeju today. He is beginning to forget a lot of stuff now. He thinks JH would like to go there, but HM doesn't think so, and doesn't want to go.  DB comes down and tells them that IY had to go to some rural town because of the death of a friend's husband. IY is surprised. HM and BS sympathize that it must be some young man who would've died.  The Jeju trip has to be cancelled. DB lies that he offered to go with her, but she thought it would be better to be alone with the friend to help her. She'll be gone for a few days. HM wants him to make sure that she watches her health.

JH is again recalling IY asking her to be by DB's side. YR brings some juice and talks to him about how sad a loved oe's death is, on New Year's eve, and that this must be a close fried of IY's. But she asks why JH looks worn out.  He says it is just work. She wants him to rest today. She will stay home too, and will look for Apartments on the internet.

DB keeps calling, but IY can only say "sorry, DB" in her mind.  Mom and aunt are thrilled seeing IY's bag and starts screaming for her.  ice words get exchanged on her home-coming. The aunt wants IY to acknowledge that she has lost weight, etc.  Nothing serious.

DB goes to the apartment where he thinks IY lived earlier. He even bribes the guy there to look into their books, but it shows that there was no Kim In Yeong there. DB says she was with a roommate, but he doesn't know the name, so no luck there.  He leaves a message on her phone - "IY, what happened to you? How can you leave without saying a word? Tell me where you are. I will come there, and let us talk. If you're sad or have any problems, you should tell me. Just leaving like this is just not like you. I even came to your old officetel now. Call me. You must. Okay?"

BS asks JH if the project will be okay even if IY is gone for a few days to her friend's place. JH says it's fine, as she had prepared things in advance. BS' neck hurts and JH asks him about exercising. BS has forgotten even the discussion just yesterday about that. YR brings water, saying it is to take his medicine. JH asks what medicine and BS says it is just health tonic.

HM checks with the hospital lady, and find that the other staff members have also not told anybody HM's phone number. YR comes to ask what to have for dinner, and HM asks her to just leave it to the maid. YR wants to know what rural place this funeral is at, that IY has gone to. HM also doesn't know and IY's phone was turned off when she called. YR asks about yesterday's lunch "date" with IY and HM apologizes for not taking YR also. YR is fine about it but wonders if anything was bothering IY. HM doesn't thinks so.

BS calls the interior design firm where IY worked, for IY's earlier address that they might have. The lady says personal info can't be released. It's a holiday, so there are no employees around, whom she can put DB in touch with, even if any of them were a friend of hers.

At home, IY and family are making dumplings. JM is apparently an expert at it.  The aunt claims to be good at it, but DM disagrees with the aunt, as usual. JM is happy to have his sister back and DM thinks she was a better sister to him, etc.  Nothing significant.

IY finds some 10 odd messages on her phone, all from DB.  She starts listening to them and is very sad. "How can you not say anything? This is too much, you know. At least tell me that there is no problem with you, please"... Next one - "IY, I am so worried that I am going insane. Shouldn't you just tell me what is going on? For God's sake, let us meet and talk, okay?". DM comes in and stops her from listening to the messages.  If she doesn't want to hurt him more, just don't talk to him. But IY feels that DB and his family have done nothing wrong at all, but she has hurt them. DM reminds her that she herself talked about asking for forgiveness later. IY says yes, she will.  She will accept all the curses that she deserves for what she did. But she can't just run away like this, without getting DB's heart to settle. DM asks her to first calm down her own heart and then take care of getting forgiveness and curses. IY nods in agreement.

DB suddenly remembers that CG knows of a woman who is supposed to be like a mother to IY (the convenience store lady). CG gives the address and DB rushes over there. The lady seems to have been prepped by DM. DB says she had heard a lot about all her help to IY (which is all a lie from DM and IY, of course). The lady acts the part, but says that IY hadn't come there recently, except one time a while ago. DB leaves his card with her to call him if she comes. She feels DB has personality, as he leaves. 

DB goes home and sits in the car recalling IY saying that she was not as nice a person as he thought.  He is heartbroken. There is some sound in the kitchen, and the poor guy run over to see if it is IY, but alas, it is YR brewing coffee. He asks YR if she heard anything from IY yesterday, but she had no special conversation.  He goes to IY's room. JH also comes in. DB is feeling bad that he never even knew much about IY, her room mate, where she lived, or about where she might go when having a hard time.  JH comforts him that it is natural, as they haven't dated for too long.  DB wants to know why JH asked him earlier to be good to IY and not make her feel lonely. JH tells him that he saw her crying in the stairwell once.  He apologizes for not telling DB then.  He was not sure if it was right to talk about something he saw accidentally. JH says a few things to just comfort DB.

IY takes a walking "date" with her "good looking brother", complaining about why he has to work when she can support him now, etc. JM asks how it was in Namhae, and she starts saying some philosophy about how her life has been... The convenience store lady calls and interrupts her. IY lets JM go on, and talks to her. The lady tells her about DB's visit. IY asks her to continue to say that she doesn't know if anybody else comes looking again.  But the lady is surprised - "are you sure he is a stalker following you? He is a bonbujang of a big company!".  IY says he is really not a stalker, but she is getting bothered by him. The lady wonders why IY is being like this. He is good looking and has nice personality. Such a waste.

YR asks DB if IY has called yet, because HM hasn't been able to get through either.  DB says the phones may be turned off there, as it is a funeral hall. Now YR is more suspicious, and she goes to IY's room, only to find it all empty. JH also walks in. She asks what happened and why all IY's things are gone.  JH then tells her that IY appears to have left the house.  The parents will worry, so they should just keep it to themselves, just as DB wants.  JH says DB was searching all day for DB.  (The End)

Episode 38 Translation/Recap:

JH tells YR that IY is not at any friend's husband's funeral but seems to have left the house.  

IY is looking at the phone, to which DB has made dozens of calls. DM brings her some beer. IY tells her about DB's visit to the store ajumma. She thinks the ajumma may be suspicious about their telling her that such a fine gentleman is a stalker. DM thinks she'll have to talk to the ajumma and make sure that she won't talk to SG or CH, out of suspicion.  IY thinks she wouldn't have gone to the Taeyeon house, had JM woken up a little bit earlier. DM: "Forget that. If you had told at least me about it, this wouldn't have happened". IY agrees. When DM talks about this as "their mistake", IY corrects her that it was not "our mistake" but just hers. But IY considers herself a full accomplice in this, as she has been planning things with her and duping CG, CH, and JM all along too. IY doesn't know where to begin to explain to DB about what she has done. DM says it is not something simple to explain and beg for forgiveness. Explain, own up, and may be even undergo a court case, whatever... but she will have to go with what that family decides. IY thinks she would rather have it that way if only it was possible. DM doesn't know what to do with IY. She tells her that it is still best that she stopped here. It would only have got worse if she prolonged it.

SG looks in IY's bag for clothes to wash, and sees the newspaper article that she keeps. Then JM comes in and sees it. JM asks IY why she is keeping it. She says that was from when she did a brief look into whether somebody hurt JM and their dad on purpose. But that was then.  Now she has put it behind and is only looking ahead, she says.

During dinner, the aunt brings up DM's marriage, blind dates etc.  She wanted IY to go on a blind date with that guy she had suggested earlier, but now asks at least DM to do that. JM then asks DM about the guys whose picture was on her phone, that she had lied to JM was somebody for a blind date with her. JM saw that guy at the department store. Now DM and IY are concerned, while the other don't know about it.  They go to their room and discuss it. IY thinks there is no reason for CG to have gone to that department store. DM wonders if it wouldn't be just HM wanting to know that JM is doing fine, like when he was in the hospital. IY is not convinced. She feels that something is ominous in it.

DB is drowning his sorrows in whiskey. YR comes in asks him if he is going to drink like this on an empty stomach. He wants her to call IY over.  But she isn't here, says YR. She is with her friend. "Friend? What is her name? Where does she live?".  He is all drunk. She takes the glass away from him. YR: "How much do you know of IY? What if she is also cheating the family like I am?". DB finds that ludicrous. She and YR are different.  YR: "You're right. The InYeong I know is different from me. A whole lot".  DB says that if only IY were to be by his side, he could drop everything.  He is willing to cover it all up - "I can bury it all... even my real father... If only I can see IY". Now YR has heard something new!  "Who is your real father?".  DB slumps down just saying, "what is the use in that now... I just want IY".  YR wonders, "do you love IY so badly as to be this heartbroken?"... she caresses his hair. "As much as I love you, and want to be with you?... Is it how you feel too?".  

JH comes in and she pulls her hand away and tells him that she was about to call him. They carry DB to his bed.  YR wonders how long this can remain a secret from the parents, but JH thinks his brother will handle it.

The maids ask YR on when IY will get back. They both miss IY already. Chief Maid Nam tells YR that all clothes are gone from IY's wardrobe. YR says she has no idea either, but asks the maid to keep it from BS and HM and the other maid.

At breakfast, BS wonders why IY hasn't come down, and HM reminds him that she is away at her friend's place. YR comes to his help, making it look normal to forget, saying "oh, that is why. I was also wondering where she was". BS is pretty sure now, that YR knows about his condition very well.  DB acts like she is in touch with IY, and tells Mom that IY will be gone for a few days till the funeral mourning period is done. As the friend was married only for a short time, she needs support. HM wants him to tell IY to eat properly when she is away.

Upstairs, YR tells DB that she knows about IY's leaving.  The chief maid also knows but she has asked her to keep it quiet.  She takes a few clothes and cosmetics to place in IY's room, so as to make it look like IY hasn't left.

The office people are wondering why IY isn't in yet. She always comes first, normally. Then JH tells them that he got a call that she is not well, and won't be coming to work.  Mr. Yun thinks she was working too hard and working late, which must be why she is sick.  Ms. Ha wonders how they can do the explanation sessions with the Hanbit Apartments residents without the chief designer. But Mr. Yun finds on IY's desk that she has prepared everything for it, already.

DB is in his office, again doing futile calls. He tries to pick words from what she said when he hugged her the night before she left and made her cry. He is sure that something happened to her. JH comes in to tell him that IY hasn't come to work, but shows that she had prepared everything for the Hanbit Apts residents' sessions. DB gets up and runs saying he has to check hospital emergency rooms. JH thinks nothing would've happened to her if she had prepared this well to leave. DB thinks that she must have thought of taking a break and go, but then must have got into some accident, so he will check emergency rooms.

IY gets a call from HM, and soon a text - "Busy helping your friend? It is for the baby too, so make sure to eat well, and then call me when you get time". DM and IY figures that HM doesn't know that she has left home. IY thinks DB must have lied that she has gone to a friend's place. DM thinks he must have lied as he expects IY to get back. IY says she is not going back.  DM now has a new worry.  She qualified for the Taeyeon job she applied to, but she doesn't feel like joining them, now that IY has left Taeyeon (and not investigating them). DM thinks the salary and terms are good, but she is reluctant because of the things she has done so far (with IY, we presume). But IY thinks there's no need for DM to feel that way.

SG is going to work, and the daughter and friend decide to join, as IY hasn't seen the aunt's shop. IY finds the place to be bigger than she thought. CG says there are more items that they sell online than in the showroom. DM asks what IY feels about the design. IY thinks it's fine but knows it's not by the office she told them about. DM says no. It was done by a company called Taeyeon (haha!). SG thinks it is a big company, and feels it would've been great if IY had a job in such a place. DM laughs it off. The aunt comes in, and decides to use IY and DM to  do some sales trick, to get the two older ladies who came in to buy more, or whatever.

Mr. Yun brings a list of subcontractor firms for Hanbit Apts, and continues with all the details that IY has put in place already. JH thinks the exterior work may go to one selected firm, for the sake of the whole appearance of the Apts, but multiple firms may do the interior construction. Mr. Yun says IY has selected 5 firms in advance for interior construction, after finalizing the designs. She has also kept a simple questionnaire ready for tracking the residents' responses after the explanation sessions with them. Mr. Yun didn't expect her to be this good. Now he reveals that he always knew about IY because a friend of his who had a flame for her worked in the firm where IY worked before. He talks about all the great things about IY that he had heard from him.

Now DB is running around randomly, at emergency rooms, looking for IY. He comes up empty of course.

HM calls somewhere to check on a phone number from which she got a call. She finds that it was from a public phone from Yeokchon-dong (I guess DM was careful when she called!). YR brings in the 2018 budget for the foundation. She says she only arranged the material that HM had given her, but HM is impressed. YR says she called the office manager (who is on maternity leave) on things she didn't know. The office manager is doing fine, recovering from childbirth, and received the bouquet that HM had sent, says YR. HM needs to go to the Taeyeon head office. YR can join, if she wants to go there and leave with JH after work. She is happy to.  At Taeyeon, they run into CG who says BS is in his office.  YR suddenly remembers two-three incidents between CG and IY.  She tells HM that she will go to JH's office after getting some snacks for him. She thinks that there is definitely something in the IY-CG relationship. "What would that be?", she wonders.

HM takes the Foundation budget to BS to explain it, but he asks why she needs to do that. Then he recalls is doc asking him to tell the family, and starts hinting things like what wll she do if he were to get cancer or dementia. If either of them gets sick earlier, what will the other do, etc. He jokes that he should get sick before her, so he can get great care. She asks him to just watch his health and not get sick. YR comes in saying JH seems to be busy like crazy.  (Gosh, this episode is way too long with too much talking, and nothing happening!)

DB send long texts to IY, that he is at the emergency room in some Yeoui-do hospital.  He wants to just know that she is fine. He is going crazy.  DM comes in and finds IY crying. DM tries to take the phone away saying they should change it. A call comes from Office chief Han (from IY's earlier firm).  There is some issue at a cafe that they had done interiors for. She would appreciate if IY can go there and check. Though it's from the old job, IY was the person-in-charge for that work, so she should go, and at least tell Mrs. Han what she thinks.

DB arrives home, and CG asks him if he went to the convenience store. DB says yes. CG wants to know if there is some issue with IY. DB says it's nothing for CG to bother about. CG "If there is anything I can help in, please tell me any time". DB says fine, and goes inside.

Ms. Ha wants to know if JH wants some food, as they are ordering some. He says he has to go out for a meeting. They have a lot of work, but she thinks they can eat food and finish by 9 pm.

IY goes to the cafe, saying she was with Han River Interiors. The lady then remembers meeting her at the time when their cafe work started. IY wants to know what the issue was. The lady says it wasn't due to any problem that she called.  Somebody saw the interior and wanted an introduction to the designer.  And that person walks in.  Who else, but our Kang Jun Hui!  (The End)

Episode 39 Translation/Recap:

JH says that he had taken a chance and called this cafe's boss lady, to meet IY. He has seen all the Hanbit Apts work she had done in advance, so it's fine even if she is gone for a few days. IY says it's not for a few days, but for good. He should look for another designer. He says he found out about this place through Mr. Yun who knows about IY through a friend he has at Han River Interiors. He has heard that she is one who takes responsibility for things she takes up to do. But Mr. Yun was told that IY shows responsibility to the work, and not to the people.

IY: "I am sorry. I have nothing to tell you, JH", but JH replies: "To my brother, though?... I am fine, but shouldn't you tell him why you are doing this?". He says that all DB has done since she left is to look for her. He is about to call DB, but IY says she will explain things to DB later. She needs some time before talking to him - "I am so sorry about this, but I had reasons why I  could do nothing but run away like this". JH asks if the reasons couldn't be take care of, in discussion with DB.  She again says she needs time for it. It won't take long, but she will ask for his forgiveness. JH again wants to know what exactly he issue is. She says it is personal. IY: "To disappear like this with no reasons or explanations, is the worst thing to do to the other person. It makes one not believe it a first, but angry and worried after some time. And in the end, one is ready to be understanding of everything and be like nothing ever happened, if only the person would just get back."... He continues - "I too have experienced it closely, so I know. The woman I loved also disappeared without a word, you see". IY can only say, "I am sorry, but please wait just until I call DB. Keep it a secret that we met today". She gets up to leave. JH: "I don't what the matter is, but please come back before DB is in a worse bind. Our parents still don't know about it".  IY leaves.

YR knocks on DB's door, calling him for dinner.  She goes in and finds him in bed and mumbling "In Yeong". He seems to be ill. She comes out and tells JH to check on his temperature, as he seems to be ill. She will go get a cold pack from the kitchen. She finds BS near the kitchen. He asks if there isn't anything she wanted to ask him about, but she says no and doesn't want to openly talk about his Alzheimer condition. He tells her that he will slowly think about the decision to bring her to the company as a consultant. She seems to figure out that it will be a yes from him now, but says she still has some work at the Foundation till their office manager gets back after post-natal recovery. 

YR takes the cold pack to JH who is by DB's bed. He asks how she knew DB was sick, and she says she knocked to call him for dinner before going in. She then talks about how the DB-IY relationship will now be strained even if she were to come back. This won't be easy to forgive. JH says IY may have a situation why she just can't say anything. She is surprised that he can understand her position even when DB is in such a plight. JH says he is not taking any sides in this, but just wondering how hard a situation IY must be in, if she had to do this.

IY is sitting up at night, recalling JH's words on how he felt when the "person he loved" left him. DM also gets up, and IY tells him about meeting DB's brother. DM asks if it is because the brother said how hard it's been for DB, that she is now sleepless and sad. To her, DB's reaction is only as expected. Now IY tells her - "there is one more thing that I haven't told you," and NM covers her ears - "There is more? I don't even want to hear it, as I am scared". And IY tells her that the man at the Yangpyeong villa is DB's younger brother.  NM is aghast - "the man who lost his vision? You knew that he was the brother and still went into that family? How could this happen? You and him were so madly in love though it was over a short period. So how could you?".  IY says she initially worried if he would hear her voice and recognize her, but now thinks he hasn't. DM is reacting like any normal person would (at DB's stupidity) - "Still, how can you have the one you loved right there, and be with his older brother? You think this made sense?"... IY says she didn't even care if it made sense at first, after her dad's death and brother's being hit. She also gives the excuse that JH had another woman with him, whom he was supposed to be marrying. DM is being as nice a friend as one can ever hope for, and is supportive; but she is flabbergasted.

JH comforts DB, as he gets up, saying IY has got to be calling soon. He wonders if their mom should know, and DB says no. He will wait till IY calls. But he is worried to death. JH asks if there was any problems in their relationship. DB is sure that there wasn't any. She was so happy about the Jeju trip plans, after all. JH says things will be fine.  He goes downstairs and joins mom and dad for dinner, telling them that DB has a cold. BS smirks about young guys getting sick. She thinks they should let IY know that DB is ill. YR offers to call IY and convey that. HM wants her to find out from IY on when she will be back.

The maids are wondering when IY will be back. The cook wonders if DB and IY had a fight, as she thinks that he didn't know till after she left. Maid Nam says there must be nothing. She thinks IY left a note and went out only in the morning. (So she lies, because she saw IY leaving at night). YR comes  to discuss what breakfast to make for DB, as he is sick. She suggests changing some item, which make the kitchen maid wonder, "but... she seems to pay such attention even to the brother in law!"

YR goes and asks DB to take rest rather than go out for work. She shows affection ans says that his face is pale and lips look dry. She tries to check his temperature and he wards off her hand. DB thinks that others will misunderstand it, if she keeps walking into the brother-in-law's room like this. She reverts to the sister-in-law style and asks him to have breakfast and go. He isn't interested. She wants to know if he is going to look for IY today too. DB: "Don't worry about me, and just do what you need to do, and get JH to have feelings for you". He leaves.

Mr. Jo brings in some design details where IY has reinforced the parts that JH felt were deficient. They are both impressed. JH wants their presentation to be no more than 20 minutes. For the right impact, just call the main people. The rest of the residents can be met individually.  Mr. Jo wonders how badly ill IY must be, for her to not even be calling. He thinks it is better for the chief designer to be there for this meeting. JH says he will try to call her. Mr. Jo thinks they are a bit cursed, as none of the chief designers seems to stick for more than a few months. He leaves, and YR calls to tell JH that DB seems to be out looking for IY again, having left without even eating breakfast. JH thanks her for paying attention.

YR wonders where the heck he is searching for somebody who left on her own volition. She recalls the convenience store where she observed IY and CG once, and seems to be getting some ideas of her own.

CG is getting a call from somebody who tells him that Kim Jae Min has checked with the police on "the World Phone from that time". (So CG does know about that phone).  He says, "I will handle that. You check into whether there isn't anything that he isn't remembering from before he collapsed". JH runs into him and CG asks if DB is all right, as he hasn't come to work. He is just a bit under the weather, says JH.

IY is again recalling what JH said about how he felt when his lover disappeared without a word. She decides to go meet DB, but DM stops her and sits her down again.  She reminds IY that there is no way she can tell him that her love, the baby and everything were all fake. "Or are you going to also say that the one you really love is not he, but his brother?".  All IY can say is a "Da Mi!". DM says she knows that she is being cruel here, but these are the facts, that she would be going and telling that man. Is he going to go - "Oh, I see. The love and baby were all fake, huh?  Okay, I understand. Then let us forget it all and go our own ways"?...  She asks if that is what IY expects. IY chokes up, asking what else she can do now, if that man is going to be in hell like this util he forgets her. DM asks if it isn't better for them both, for him to manage it somehow.  IY still thinks this is too cruel, but DM asks if it isn't cruel to tell the truth instead, then. They go back and forth and finally DM agrees that it is bad either way, whether it is now or later that she tells him. IY can do it when she wants to, but DM wants to go with her. IY says no, she has to go alone for this. DM wants her to be sure to get back though. IY agrees.

DB is in his car outside what he thinks is IY's earlier apartment building, thinking that all he wants is to get a message from IY that she is safe and sound. He won't ask anything, nor will he be angry. "Do you remember saying that the one who loves more will feel more sorry? I am really sorry"... And now it seems like this was a message he had left for her on the phone, which IY is listening to, as she walks to his office. He is continuing that he hadn't even learned anything about her; on where she lived, and on where she would go if she were in trouble.  Listening to that, IY couldn't take it anymore, and she walks back, just as DB drives in. He doesn't see her go back.  She stands at a crosswalk, remembering more of what he says about knowing that she hasn't disappeared on him, and on how much more pain is felt by the one who loves more, etc.

JH is waiting for DB in his office. He has got him some food and medicine, as he had heard from YR that he left without even eating. He comforts DB and asks him not to stay away from work, to avoid BS' sensing something.  JH gets a call from the PI (that DB had set up). He is going to send JH a report based on all the earlier investigation files. DB just says, "fine, I guess".  He doesn't want JH to worry about him, and go on with his own work.

HM recalls being told that the earlier call was from a public phone. She again wonders how they got her number, and why it is from a pay phone. YR comes in to say that she is going to work, but HM thinks she can rest today and go tomorrow, as their Foundation is busy only till noon, and there is nothing to do in the afternoon there. YR says she will look for an apartment and then just stop by the office for a check and wrap-up.

DM is anxiously waiting for IY and is relieved to see her back. IY says she couldn't do it. Meeting and talking to DB, that is. She has no confidence to face him. DM says this is why she had said she would go along. They can find some way out of this. "Is it possible?" asks IY, and they walk home.

HM is still looking at the hospital receipt, and recalling BS asking her to just meet the family and thanks them, and how JH could've even died, had SJ not been there to help.

CH finds SG packing some delivery items. SG thinks that the young people these days buy a lot more off the internet than at the store.  CH feels that they could've had a smaller store if she knew this. She seems to have found another customer - somebody sitting at the next table when she was eating lunch.  She makes a call to confirm the order, with all her sweet talking.  Blah blah. SG wants to leave, to make some food at home and the aunt is happy.

HM drives up with a gift basket, and walks to the address she had (96 Baeknyeonsan-ro, Eunpyeong-dong, Eungang-dong).

DM asks IY if she wants a beer and movie session. She is in no mood for it.  DM thinks they will need to tell SG and JM that IY won't be going to Namhae anymore. IY just nods. DM wants to just go out to catch some breeze, but the doorbell rings. DM wonders who it could be, but IY immediately knows who, hearing the "excuse me" by HM, and tells DM that it is DB's mom.

When HM asks if she is JM's sister, DM says yes. HM introduces herself as Taeyeon Sharing Foundation's Yeo Hyang Mi, who had taken her call earlier about the support to JM. When DM asks how/why she came all the way, SG comes in too, to hear a pronounced "Mom" call from DM. The mom greets HM and says she was hoping to meet her.  (The End)

Perhaps I should split up these recaps. The soompi forum software is so slow that long posts seem to be a pain (at least on my browser).  Let me try it.

Episode 40 Translation/Recap Part 1:  (0 to 10.30 min)

SG and DM receive HM, and go to the kitchen to get some snacks. DM tells SG that she had called saying she was the sister of JM and doesn't want to now say that the real sister is somebody else. She also says that IY is not at home now. She wants SG to act like DM is a real daughter. SG is in a hurry to take the snacks to HM and agrees to do it, as DM is like a daughter anyway.

HM tells SG about the villa he used to manage in Yangpyeong, and about how helpful he was in saving JH. She did the hospital support only out of deep gratitude to SJ. She wants to help JM later on too, but SG says there is no need, as she has done so much already.  Meanwhile, IY, who is in her room, gets a call from DB that she doesn't take. HM is about to leave and SG says that she will go with JM to the Foundation to thank her more formally. HM says there is no need for that, as they both have now met. She asks SG to think again about accepting further support for JM.

DM breathes a sigh of relief and tells IY that she was scared to death that SG would say something like "it would be nice if In Yeong were here to meet". Luckily nothing bad happened.  But IY finds something strange.  She didn't hear HM mention that she found SJ dead. DM thinks it must've been to not cause distress to SG by talking about it, but IY doesn't look convinced.

HM drives up to the Han river, and recalls being at the death scene of SJ.  (We get a clear video of it this time, but still no clues on what she had to do with the death. Her reaction then and now, indicates that something isn't straight in that death, though).

SG asks when IY has to go back to Namhae, and DM, the chief planner of the chief designer, answers on her behalf that IY can be back in Seoul now, if all goes well. IY has requested her boss about being back, says DM.  Now IY plays along too.  Mom wants to eat out today to celebrate that, because JM gets off work early. DM thinks it can be just them, as the aunt will take till 9 pm to close her store (haha!).  But SG wants to go somewhere near the aunt's store, so she can close the shop briefly and join to eat something small. She is on a diet and won't eat much anyway. DM is sarcastic about the aunt's dieting though.

YR has driven to the convenience store, and she watches the ajumma calling JM, "Jae Min". She wants him to help find a job at the department store for Jin Su (?) who must be her daughter or something. JM says he will ask around.  YR follows JM and sees him telling his mom on is phone that he has bought some pork belly meal.  The family drops plans for the outing, as he has brought food, which he says was on sale.  Now we see YR seeing them all, from the gate. SG wants to go to the store and get some more stuff for dinner, and IY wants to go with her, as she hasn't been out with Mom for a while. DM is fine about not going along, as along as IY gets beer for her. As they come out, YR runs off to her car and takes off before IY catches her.  IY does see a red car like YR's speeding away, but probably isn't sure that it was YR.

CG is in the parking garage, recalling the JM hit. We see two extra seconds after he stops his call to JM, than we saw a few episodes ago.  There we saw his head turning, but now we finally see that it was to give a nod to somebody to go after JM. He wonders if JM might have seen him from that spot. He is worried. His thoughts get interrupted by SB who comes from behind. SB asks if he got into some trouble and makes fun of him as he gets into the car.

YR is in the kitchen, but is so lost and confused (after her trip to IY's house) that she drops a cup, breaks it and cuts herself while trying to pick it up. Maid Nam says she will clean it up.

Episode 40 Translation/Recap Part 2:  (Minutes 10.30 to 20.30)

DM wants to know how JM managed to get pork belly on sale, when all the ajummas would've jumped at such a sale. He says a nuna (older female friend) at work helped get it for him. DM thinks the nuna must have her eyes on JM but he objects. She doesn't take the explanation and teases him, making JM ask IY why his "Da Mi nuna" has become so silly now.  And the aunt comes in, thrilled about pork belly. Now DM tells the aunt that a "temp worker nuna who loves JM" helped him get the pork, and the aunt joins in the teasing about the "loving nuna at work".  JM quietly tells IY that they need to talk about something.

JM tells IY that he is still bothered about that world phone, even if they know that it is a cloned phone whose owner can't be traced now.  It bothers him that it was the last phone that Dad talked to, and it was the one that was dropped at the work-shed too. That too, it is a cloned phone. IY reminds him that the cops have no way to trace it. He thinks there is a way, without using the cops' help. Before the hit on him, he had talked to that woman in Japan, to find  the owner of the world phone. But they don't have that World Phone anymore, says IY. But JM says that he called that woman from his mobile. IY says that even if they had his own mobile phone from then (which they don't have now, I think), those calls would be erased. JM says he looked into it and has found that call records are kept for a year. IY: "So, based on your call record, say if we are able to find that woman?"... JM: "Then, won't we be able to find the owner of the world phone?". IY suddenly realizes the possibility (while we wonder why it took them this long to think about just this!... And I had always felt that this woman Japan must be that sister of BS that they have mentioned before... I was even more sure seeing what the next scene mentions first.. But as we will see at the end of the episode, my guess was flat out wrong)

BS is asking HM if she has heard from Min Ju lately. HM had got a call from her yesterday. It was just for New Years greetings. Min Ju wants the three of them to go on a trip after her current desert tour ends. BS is game, but HM thinks the brother and sister can go; just leave her out of it. She has had enough of going camping with her and it becoming a siblings' trip. They just laugh about this "little sister". He wants to know when this desert tour ends, but HM thinks it hasn't even started, and Min Ju is only talking about all the time needed to prepare for it. He would like to see her. HM thinks she should be back after the desert tour. She hopes that the DB and JH matters will all be settled by then.  BS just says, "all the way till then?... I don't know..."  She asks what he means, and he says nothing more on it, but talks about not enjoying his company work these days. He beats around the bush, talking about wanting to settle things from now and leaving the sons to chart their courses, etc. HM says the sons will do just fine and he can pass things on to them.  Trusting and handing over is also a skill.

YR recalls seeing SG, JM etc, and thinks - "Aunty and JM are alive and well. But what about Uncle?" (so she is still unaware that SJ has died). "Is she acting unawares after knowing that I am SeonHwa? Just so I won't out her?... But then, for what reason would she go to my orphanage director and look for me?".  She wonders if she should tell DB about where IY is, and basically out her.  But she quickly realizes that she will be outed too, in that case.  She looks lost about what she can do. Probably nothing, as of now.

JH calls DB, who is still at the office and doesn't feel like coming home, though IY tries to push him. He doesn't even remember how he lived for 30+ years without IY. He says JH wouldn't have any idea how he feels, but JH tells him how it feels, and how one can go completely crazy, in some good detail. DB thinks JH is talking about how he felt after his accident. He says his situation is not anywhere near as bad as what JH faced, and apologizes about making a big deal of only his situation. JH asks him to at least go to a hotel and sleep, rather than sleep in the office.  YR comes and asks what happened to DB, and JH tells her that he may stay at the office. Se is concerned, as he is running a temperature too, and agrees to not tell the parents.

JH goes to the office and wakes up DB. It is 6:40 am. He wants to make sure that DB will at least eat some food. DB has no appetite, but JH insists that he needs to stay healthy to even search for IY, and that the parents will get suspicious of trouble in the IY-DB relationship if DB continues like this. DB says he still doesn't know why IY did this to him, but agrees to freshen up and go with JH before the staff comes to work.

Episode 40 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 20.30 to End)

The aunt is adding her share of small humor, with a usual argument with DM. It's about how she uses all her trips to saunas and other places, which she claims are for business-generation and not for fun.  She also advises DM about how networking is important, and says that is how/why DM doesn't have a job... DM says she needs no stinking networking; she is going for an interview today anyway. After CH leaves with SG, DM tells IY that this is what she has to deal with everyday, as she is unemployed. But she is a teeny bit comforted now, as IY is also jobless like her. JM leaves for work, ad DM again teases him about his workplace nuna.

IY tells DM about the plan to find the woman in Japan again, with JM's old phone's call record. DM wants the brother and sister to stop this. After all, IY had promised as much when she left that house. But IY says that this is a new lead that they have. DM tries her best to get her out of this plan, but IY wants to just try it and tell the cops if anything comes out of it. They didn't think of this earlier, as they didn't have JM's mobile phone, but now that he has found that the call records are kept for a year, there is a chance to find something. DM says she can't even do her interview well, with the brother and sister going into this mission again. IY says this may come to nothing, just like DM expects, and asks her not to worry. But DM wants a full stop of this whole thing, after this final check. IY agrees.

YR is about to leave with HM for work, and Maid Nam comes downstairs with the sheets. She thinks DB might have slept out, as the sheets looked untouched. But YR tells HM that he left early with JH - a lie, I suppose.  The maid thinks she must've been mistaken and apologizes. YR gets a call from BS who wants to have lunch, just with her. HM looks pleased, and says she is curious what that is about.

At lunch, BS shows the pills bottle and asks if YR hasn't known what that is for. YR says she did happen to find out accidentally, but that HM and JH are unaware. BS wants it to stay between them for the time being. She says he can't keep it concealed for too long. She wonders if HM shouldn't be told, but BS thinks that it will only make her worry. YR can see that he needs to keep it quiet for the company's sake too. She wonders if he is taking the right preparations on the company matters, and he says he will be taking care of that. He asks her to join the company as an external consultant and give him some help. He knows that she is planning marry JH and leave for the US. She says it is for the sake of JH's health, but BS says he is against it. He wants her right here, by JH's side. She says she understands. She will join Taeyeon. He wants this discussion to stay between them, and she agrees with a big smile.

YR goes to JH and tells him about her lunch with BS and that he asked her to join Taeyeon as a consultant. She has got some pizza for him, and also some food for DB, as she wants to go to his office to discuss the consulting matter. JH thanks her for worrying about his brother, and she says it's because IY isn't around.

YR walks into DB's room, and she shows a confident look now. He tries to kick her out to avoid any suspicions in others, but she says she will have to see him often now, for work reasons.  BS has told him to join Taeyeon. "Now it looks like there's no reason for me to leave the home either," she says. He wants to know what she planning to do. YR: "Only the end results need to be there, whatever the process is, right?".  However, she continues, "but what do I do now? To be a high-class consultant for the company, it seems I will have to have knowledge that matches a certified CPA (chartered accountant). As you know, I am not at that level" ... This seems right up DB's ally. In no time, he produces the card of somebody who will help her at that (manufacture qualifications, that is... so we suppose). She looks at the card, saying "no surprise; not one crack (in your planning)". 

Before leaving, she asks DB if he knows where IY is.  Nothing for her to worry about, says DB.  She is even sarcastic now - "it's my boss' business, so how can I not worry?". She has got a full dose of confidence, and asks him to use this opportunity to do a quiet check into Kim In Yeong. "Never know, you know... if she also has other plans like me, or not.  Can never tell when it comes to people, you see!".  He wants her not to speak so loosely about IY. She leaves, saying she "will look forward to much help from now on, Bonbujang Mr. Kang Dong Bin".

IY and JM get the phone call record for JM's old phone.  They go to a park bench.  Based on the calling time, JM finds the number of the lady he called to find out about the world phone's owner. He calls the number but IY takes the phone from him.  The answer from the other end - "Hello, this is Chae Yu Ran speaking".  (The End) 

Episode 41 Translation/Recap Part 1:  (Minutes 0.00 to 12)

IY says nothing over the phone, after she hears YR at the other end. She knows she can't tell JM who it is, so she tells JM that it is a nonexistent phone. JM is disappointed. She asks him to go back, as it is his break time from work, and grabs the call record from him.  She then recalls YR saying in the stairwell (which she thought was a phone call) that BS is very suspicious and that their involvement may be fond out. IY thinks to herself, "she definitely said 'we'. What if somebody is working behind YR?... No way!"

YR tells HM that BS' lunch was to tell her that she can join Taeyeon as a consultant. She thought he was against it all along, but it seems he was only being deliberate and thoughtful. He wants her to stay by JH's side and help him. She was worried that she had caused him grief because of the news leak earlier. HM says it was no fault of YR's, but a slip. YR acts cute and nice, saying that she wants to really show her best side to HM an BS, etc. HM knows what this is about, and asks, "so you really like to stay here at home, huh?"... YR says yes, and that she is scared of becoming a stranger rather than family, were she to leave home now. She is not confident of being alone yet again. HM offers to talk to BS about it.

BS talks to the brothers about YR joining the company. DB is happy about it, and asks if it is also because BS wants to see JH and YR getting close, which annoys JH a bit. BS asks JH to be aware of news and rumors leaking if she is working at Taeyeon. JH will be watchful.  The brothers walk out, talking about YR and IY. Nothing significant. Then DB asks if he should report to the police about IY. JH asks how he can, when she had left even a parting note before leaving. DB thinks if he reports to the cops, they could trace the mobile phone. JH thinks they still won't tell, as it's her personal phone. DB wants to a least know that she is safe, that way.  JH asks him to just wait. DB thinks he must be a nobody to IY, for her to be away like this. JH wants him to not become that weak- sounding.

The office people are discussing what happened to IY, and if she is sick and in hospital or something.  They are also suspicious of how she finished all the work, like she was leaving for good. Mr. Yun talks about somebody in the data processing team who was hospitalized for breast cancer and had finished so much work beforehand. Mr. Jo yells at him for saying that. JH who watched this chat, comes and breaks it up, chastising them for gossiping. Mr. Yun says he is just worried for IY. GH says he had got a call that she is just ill and will take a few days. 

JH goes to the rooftop and sends IY a text - "I don't know if you will check the message, but I am still sending this. Many people find it hard that you disappeared. Of course, it's so at the office. Plus, Mother and Father may end up finding out. If you had at least some sincere love for our family and my brother, please meet my brother".

CH is surprised that a foundation paid for JM's bills. SG explains how it happened.  Just some mild talk; nothing else. The aunt doesn't really agree with SG refusing to accept further support for JM.  Then DM walks in, saying she had a good interview (and we see that she looks quite pretty in her pony tail and formal dress!). DM wants to leave with SG. The aunt acts like a kid to SG - "Can't you not go with DM, but stay with me a bit longer and have fun?".  Then DM gets to have a nice stroll home with SG, talking about all the good food these days, now that IY is back. Just time killer cute stuff among the aunt, DM, and SG. But SG tells DM that she should call her real mom, who DM says thinks that DM is a real daughter in this family!  When she gets married later, her mom wants SG to be there. SG tells her of how she feels when she doesn't hear from IY for a while. Parents can even lose their self-confidence if they don't hear from their children, which surprises DM.  Anyway, SG doesn't have to worry about IY going down to Namhae again, says DM.

Episode 41 Translation/Recap Part 2:  (Minutes 12.00 to 22.00)

HM tells BS that he made the right decision in getting YR to join the company. Based on YR's Foundation work, she thinks YR will do well at Taeyeon. BS is still concerned about news leaks and rumors. HM thinks this will only help JH get closer to YR, but BS is worried also about whether that will happen, knowing JH's nature. He himself tells HM that it is better to just have YR stay in their home, which surprises HM. If he were going to so easily agree to it, she feels it's like she was a fool for even worrying about it. She finds that he is acting strange these days. They laugh, and she thanks him for it all.

YR asks JH who comes home, whether DB is again going to sleep in the office. JH is sure that he will come home, though late because he had work to do. He again thanks her for worrying about his brother, and she again says she has to, because IY is not around. HM comes from their bedroom, to tell them that BS has agreed to YR remaining at the house.  JH and YR are both happy. Actually HM and YR are really thrilled!

IY is thinking - "YR has the #1 stored number on the World Phone. So it must have been that close a relationship between them".  (Ouch, it looks like I made a goof earlier when I said, probably on a couple of places, that the number that JM talked to earlier was one in Japan.  Sorry.  "Ilbon" stands for Japan and "Ilbeon" stands for #1 in Korean. Both can sound rather similar. I was careless while listening earlier. So, it was not a number in Japan, but a number that was the first on the phone!! ... I should go back and fix it.)

IY decides to do something and gets up to go, but again DM comes in right on time to stop her. She wants to know where IY was going. She thinks it isn't prudent to go out and get spotted by somebody. IY says she will be careful, but DM wants her to sit down for a bit. IY lies to DM that the number they called was a nonexistent number. DM thinks it is a good thing; at least the siblings will now stop their mission.  It is "the end" for the whole thing, says DM. She knows that IY is worried about JM taking action, but she is worried more about what IY might do. IY gets up and leaves, saying she has somebody to meet briefly.

IY calls YR, who asks where she is. It was scary that she left without a word. IY says she had a situation. She asks to meet YR, and to not tell anybody about it. YR agrees, and IY tells her where to meet.  YR is ready to leave and sees DB going to his room. She tells him that BS has agreed to her remaining there, and asks if he has heard from IY. He doesn't answer.

YR meets IY. She says she checked if DB knew about where IY is, and he didn't know. She didn't tell, as IY had asked her not to. IY apologizes for making YR lie too. YR says she only needs to be sorry to DB. The parents don't know it yet, and DB has said that she is at a friend's home after her husband's death. IY wants to know if DB is doing okay. YR talks about him not eating properly and not even sleeping at home. It's tough to see, even for her... She wants to know why IY left. IY says she needed time to think. To think of what, asks YR, and DB says she will say that to DB when she meets him. She will meet him, explain her situation and ask for forgiveness. YR: "Is it so? Then, why did you ask to see me?". IY says that YR is the only one she could think of. She is still thinking whether she should go back, or not.  She thought she might figure it out, if she talked to YR, and could get her mind in order. Even YR is surprised at that (lie)! IY says that they are similar, and that it is different than talking to DB. She wants to know if YR can be a friend to her, if she were to go back. The parents and DB are all nice, but only she and YR are not from the family. She always thought of YR as a friend, but wanted to get even closer (which she says when YR asks if it was possible for IY to be a friend to her!). IY would like it if YR can lean on her when having a hard time, too. Basically a bunch of sweet-talking from IY.

Then IY gets to the point - "I heard you have no friends in Korea. Isn't that true?". YR says it it's true. It hasn't been long since she came to Korea. IY asks if she was staying all by herself after coming to Korea. YR wants to know why she suddenly asked that. IY: As I think of being a close friend with you, I guess I'm curious about many things... like the bygones that I don't know about, too.".  She says they will be friends now on. She hopes for it to be so.

Episode 41 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 22.00 to the end)

The encounter leaves YR very puzzled and worried. Sitting in her car, she wonders what IY's plan is, to be acting like this with her. She thinks to herself - "Why did you leave home, and why are you coming back? Kim In Yeong, please don't come back like this. Please!"

On her part, IY is also wondering, "all this while, I never doubted Chae Yu Ran for not being a Taeyeon family person". But she recalls YR's words in the stairwell. She also remembers JM telling her that he had called the first number stored in the world phone and talked to a woman, hearing from her that her friend had lost a phone, and also her asking for his number to get that friend to call him. It was after that friend called, that he had gone to meet him. IY thinks that the world phone's owner at that time could've been the one who killed her dad. And that person had a close relationship with YR. She thinks she has to go back to that house.

IY hears from his mom and sisters about the Foundation paying his bills and about their gratitude to his dad. He finds it odd. SG asks what is odd. DM also thinks it is odd that his dad was close to such a rich family. IY explains that it is nothing odd. Mom tells him about a son of that family also ailing like him, when his dad helped them. "You just need to know that they are grateful for you", says IY. The aunt wants to know what ailment that man had, for such a rich house to make a big deal of this. SG says that there are things that money can't buy.

Now IY tells her mom that it seems she just has to go back to Namhae. DM is aghast again. IY says her boss can't do without her. She doesn't feel good to not to be a responsible employee either. Mom says "what to do? It's work" and accepts it. IY says sorry to DM, who doesn't want to even hear it.

JM tries to talk to IY about the fact that it is Taeyeon that's supporting him, but IY stops him from talking. He then wants to know if something is wrong in Namhae, or if she is worried that her designs were wrong or anything. She starts on some big-sister philosophical advice. From close experience, she now knows that people are responsible for their actions. If one starts something, one needs to be responsible to finish it. One can't just run away.  She isn't talking of anything in Namhae, but JM takes it that way. But he asks what all this sudden talk was about. She says she means that he should do his best at studies. He wants to know if things are that bad (in Namhae). She says no. Has he ever seen his nuna doing a bad job, she asks. He wants him to look after their mom. She will be back soon. He agrees.

SG is packing side dishes for IY and DM tells her there is no need for so much. IY feels pretty bad seeing that. DM says bitterly that she will help carry the bag out and mom doesn't need to go out. She obviously wants to give IY a piece of her mind.  That she does, in style.  She thinks IY is making a big mistake going back. IY tries to give excuses but they don't work. DM thinks they should rather take JM to the cops and say that he has regained his memory. IY thinks that they won't believe him. DM thinks it is dangerous for her to go back, still.  If they find out about IY, they won't let her go scot-free. IY is prepared for anything.  She has to  get a closure on this. DM: "So you've really gone insane, huh?".  IY: "Right! I'm insane. But there's nothing else I can do". Now DM wants to know how she can get through being in the same house with a guy whose brother she loves. IY says she did for a while and can can do it.  DM tries every argument, but IY says she is sorry but she has to go. IY tries her final weapon - "If you leave like this, I will not even take you as my friend".  Even that doesn't work, as IY leaves saying she is sorry but that she will call DM.  DM cries and yells from behind - "Don't call me. I won't take it. If you send texts, I won't look at it. I mean, we are finished. Finished!".  IY walks away, as DM continues to scream.

IY seems to have told DB about the cafe she is at. He rushes over, yelling, "Kim In Yeong!" ... "What have you been doing so far, not even picking up my calls?"  (The End)

JH definitely knows who IY is now.. He let her have it at work and then he went out to drink in the last episode..

Spoiler

From the clip that was provided above he calls her out at night and he again talks to her and says at the end of the last episode that he loves her. We know that IY loves him too. This is a huge mess and IY really should tell him what she is doing. She knows she does not love DB. She is not even pregnant. I really can't stand to see this two not together. So many episodes to go..

One thing is for certain someone stole her fathers idea and notes killing him and hurt her brother in that family. I do not believe its JH, DB or even the father are the culprits. I keep leaning towards the mother having done it.

Episode 42 Translation/Recap Part 1: (Minutes 0.00 to 10.30)

The episode starts with a 1 minute recap of scenes showing why IY left the Taeyeon house, and why she has decided to come back.

DB runs into the cafe, yells at her about what she had been up to, but simply hugs her once IY cries saying sorry. He takes her home.  He wants to carry her suitcase upstairs, even as Maid Nam offers to do that. He tells IY only about having told the parents that she was at a friend's place. She should rest, as she looks tired. He says nothing more, so she asks why he isn't interrogating her. He just says he has a meeting he forgot about, and so needs to go back to work. They can talk after he gets off work. Bt he wants a promise that she won't leave without a word again like that. DB asks Maid Nam to check on IY's health and to try as much as possible to not let her be alone.

DM tells SG that she gave a tongue-lashing to IY. The mom thinks she did a good thing, as she is also annoyed at IY for not taking the side-dishes that she was packing for her. Now DM starts speaking in support of IY - that it must not be because she didn't want it (so she is still a loving friend to IY, despite what she told IY). DM says they should just wait for IY. She will be done with her work soon. She goes to her room and sees a text from IY, apologizing to her. She throws the phone, saying "terrible girl".

Maid Nam tells IY that YR had left those clothes and cosmetics in her room to cover up for her, and apprises her that everybody upstairs knows that she had left the house. Not those downstairs though - BS, HM and Maid Kim in the kitchen. The chief maid is happy that IY is back. She was also worried whether IY would get back. IY apologizes to her too. She takes the clothes to YR's room, but wonders, "YR, who is really working behind you? What really is your true nature for you to be making me this off-balance?".

IY calls to tell YR that she is back, and had brought the clothes in her room. She thanks YR for that and for worrying for her, as she heard from Maid Nam. She wants to arrange those clothes in the room, but YR gets a scare about IY possibly seeing that glove of DB's that she keeps. She asks her to just leave the clothes as is, and IY agrees.

DB tells JH that IY is back, but he is still a little out of sorts. He is scared what IY will give as her reason, so he is avoiding even talking to her about it. He thinks that he and IY may not work out. JH tells him that it can't be so, because if so, she could've just talked to him outside rather than return home. DB thanks him for the comforting talk.

Episode 42 Translation/Recap Part 2:  (Minutes 10.00 to 20.45)

DB is telling stories to his mom and dad. IY was going to tell them before leaving after she got the friend's call, but he had asked her not to. HM says she was sad not to get a call. IY apologizes, but DB says she couldn't call him either. HM asks if the friend was very close, but DB speaks for her again. It was a friend all the way from middle school. Now JH also helps by saying that middle school friends are the closest. IY says he will start working tomorrow. Somewhere during this chat, YR actually gets a smirk, as DB talks things up - which was funny to see.  Anyway, mom and dad aren't thrilled with what IY did, but they are okay with things for now.

YR is showing JH all the thank-you letters HM gets from orphanage kids she helps. There is one for YR also - "For the pretty sister Yu Ran". He reads the letter and shows her the picture of her, drawn by the kid. These two are actually getting along reasonably well. DB is looking for IY and JH tells him that she is downstairs. He hurries off to check, and JH tells YR that he is quite worried for IY. But YR doesn't say anything. Downstairs, DB finds IY helping Maid Nam at some packing. He asks her to go for a cafe outing.

DB tells her about how he was feeling. He was questioning himself and getting angry after she left. He had not tried to find out enough about her, he knew nothing about her, just as he knows that she knows everything about him.  IY keeps telling him that it was for none of those reasons he had thought up, while blaming himself for making it tough on her. She says that there is something he hasn't been able to tell him. "If you knew, I think I won't be able to be back with you". He interrupts and says "then don't tell me". What is most important for him now, is InYeong and their baby. IY is shocked, and says: "Even if I may be causing such a big wound in you, DB?".  DB: "To me, the biggest wound you can give is if you leave me".  He pulls out the rings-box and puts her ring right back on her finger, saying "don't leave me again", as a tear drop flows down on IY's face. She thinks to herself, "I will promise you this. Even if you resent me, curse me, and do not forgive me, I will not leave you as long as you want me".

IY and her mom have a night-time chat about how the day went, and about DM yelling at her. DM comes in and SG wants to give the phone to her. DM nicely refuses. Nothing there in this scene.

The aunt is tasting some cookies that SG has made to go give to the madame at the foundation. CH wants her to give HM some herbal medicine gift set from her shop. SG says she will give that too. CH wants to go along, and blurts out her real intention, which is to round up some shop sales through the business contact with the madam. SG says she is going to show thanks, not to do business. She will go with just JM. The aunt whines a bit, but to no avail. She eats an extra cookie just to show her displeasure that SG is acting big now that she knows a business tycoon madame!

Episode 42 Translation/Recap Part 3:  (Minutes 20.45 to the end)

HM asks BS if he is upset at IY. He says no, but he is disappointed that she didn't call all that while. He wants to just observe IY a bit more.

IY and BS reach the offices a bit too early and he wants to have a tea with her. She thinks she will go up and start working early. He looks at her and can't seem to stop smiling that she is back with him.

The office people are all thrilled to see IY back, and she is ready to do some "morning coffee service" too. Mr. Jo hasn't eaten breakfast, so he would like some snacks, and IY offers to get him some muffins as well. Ms. Ha will go with her. And JH comes in, acting surprised that Designer Kim is back. He is happy to see that she is in good health. He will have some cappuccino. The ladies leave for "coffee service".

Later, IY brings the brochure she made to distribute at the Hanbit apartment residents' session. JH says he is happy to see her back with no issues. She is thankful that he didn't tell DB. He kept thinking when to tell DB, because it looked that day (when they met) like it would take a while for her. He says she owes him, and that he may use it at some point later. He finds the brochure to be nice.

YR is with HM and in come SG and JM, at the Foundation. YR is scared excrement-less, but manages to say "please have your chat" and ease herself out of the room before they saw her. HM finds JM to be good looking. SG agrees. Everybody thinks that he looks just like his dad. SG doesn't know how to thank HM for the help, but HM says this is all just fine.

At home, YR is wondering, "Even JM and IY's mom now... Could it be that... IY asked them (to go there)?". 

IY comes in with a gift that she made for YR. It is a great picture of YR that she painted. (Whoa, when did she do this? We didn't hear that she was such a great painter, but most architectural designers are at least decent in drawing/painting, so I guess we can buy it). IY says that it is just as in what she said earlier -- that she wanted to be a friend to YR. When you paint somebody, you only think of that person during that time. One would think about that person's peculiarities, nature, feelings... and also about what stories she holds. She used to paint close friends' faces, when she wanted to know more about each friend. YR now remembers IY drawing her picture when they were young. YR thanks her for a gift that she never expected. IY tells her that if she has any close friends she should try doing something like this, but YR says "I have none". IY: "Maybe a colleague from the office where you worked before?..", and YR replies, "No, nobody like that".  In Korea, she is close to nobody except HM.

IY writes in her yellow book - "Cloned phone --> Yu Ran --> Yeo Hyang Mi.."  And her mom calls to tell her that JM and she had gone to meet HM. She refused the offer to help in JM's college fees. But SG thinks HM is uncomfortable about them. That must be why she supported anonymously. IY: "What did she do to make you feel she is uncomfortable about us?". SG says it was just a feeling that she got. Even their gifts were like a burden to HM, it seemed. This makes IY again go into her suspicion mode.  HM is someone who knew her dad and about his work-shed. She asked Mr. Jang to follow up on her charitable support too...  And HM knocks on the door. She has brought IY some pregnancy tonic.  As she looks at the tonic, IY gets further reasons to doubt HM. She is the one who brought YR into the Taeyeon family. So the one who stored YR's number first on the world phone is...

She looks at a smiling HM.  (The End)

Archived