[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Never Gone: So You Are Still Here 原来你还在这里

sugarplum892

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQT-b_ktuMCKMLIKklLhmGraining-gif.gif

When it rains it pours and without saying to much this drama has reality pouring out and pouring over you from head to toe.  I guess that's why I love a drama like this that moves you and allows you to see all the ways in which love is felt from ones first love to the last.  How for some that overwhelming and beautiful feeling of falling in love isn't easy when it's one sided.  I think it's what makes this drama so relatable for most have experienced miscommunication, fear, rejection or even worse when the other person didn't even know you loved them at all...

I still have a ways to go but so far my favorite character isn't the OTP although they are enjoyable too...

never%252012.jpg&key=e482b532854f2b6d82e

Spoiler

Instead a young girl who took the courage to follow her heart and not through a note, text or phone call. Forgive me for sharing but how amazing it is that she said it face to face and even knowing what could happen. Dang who doesn't remember that age those fears of rejection? 

For her heart must have felt like it would burst waiting for that moment in finally feeling as if she couldn't hold it in any longer.  I loved that she said it out loud and grabbed that chance and moment for herself in following through with something that isn't easy to do...

His response and the way he acted hurt even me and to think rejection happens everyday and it's no wonder when we are young we wish our lives away in wanting to just grow up...

Sad part is we don't realize till much later that we never stop growing that life and even love no matter the age is never easy...:heart:

8 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

What is surprising about this drama is that from ep 1 until the end, the male lead never gave up on the main girl..

You are so right!!  I so agree with you and he would be my second favorite character at the moment LOL:tounge_wink: I think watching him grow from a youth to a man and all the effort he continues to put forth makes this love story and drama worth watching no doubt. Not only was she never gone from his heart or mind.  I so admire that he never allowed himself to ever let her go no matter the amount of rejection. Just as amazing to me are the side characters who have love stories of their own and its the slow struggles and differences that we see that make this story seem more real to me...

lyLPec.jpg02.jpg

19 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

When it rains it pours and without saying to much this drama has reality pouring out and pouring over you from head to toe.  I guess that's why I love a drama like this that moves you and allows you to see all the ways in which love is felt from ones first love to the last.  How for some that overwhelming and beautiful feeling of falling in love isn't easy when it's one sided.  I think it's what makes this drama so relatable for most have experienced miscommunication, fear, rejection or even worse when the other person didn't even know you loved them at all...

I still have a ways to go but so far my favorite character isn't the OTP although they are enjoyable too...

I know we often watch dramas to escape reality, so I can understand if people found that off-putting, but for me, that's what I loved about this drama.  As you stated, it was very relatable and I loved the realism of the problems faced by the OTP.  Because their conflict was so real and something I could understand, it also made the drama feel that much more personal -- it was almost like I was right there with them.  

I also agree with you that Yu Hua was a highlight of the drama.  I'm just glad (and relieved) that her story ended more favorably in the drama that in the book!!!

Thank you very much for the summaries @themarchioness I had to give up on this drama as I found the aggressive, immature, violent, clingy, rude, arrogant male lead insufferable and the sour faced personality-free female lead too dull to care about but I was curious how things turned out.

On the positive side I thought the casting for the child actors was excellent and the cinematography, sets and locations particularly the hometown of the female lead was beautiful. 

@raziela I would say a lot of people would agree with your thoughts and although mine is different  I thank you for allowing me to read yours.  it's just our ability to see things and even characters and people in different ways according to who we are.  That is also the great thing about sharing our feelings and ideas here.  Seeing a story from more than just our own point of view.  For an instance I felt some of those same feelings too towards both of them and in other characters as well...

Sometimes how one acts isn't all there is to who they are even a character.  For just maybe they don't know how to express love although they feel and want it more than even they can say.  As in our male lead who yes, might seem all those things you mentioned but I see those same things in a different light once you view him through your heart and not just your eyes.  One where aggressive is in the wanting of her.   Immature in him not knowing how to react and not fully understanding her, but also in his never feeling this way before.  But doing actions of caring and protecting her even as a youth.  Violent & clingy in his desperation to make his feelings known and hold onto her in the only way he knows how.  Rude & arrogant in wanting her to just trust in him that he can and will take care of her.  Even more that he loves her and that he means it.  He just wants and needs to see her cherish him.  Believe in him and to fight for him and their love... For he lacks trust too...

The female lead plays her part perfectly she might seem robotic and even cold just as written.  I think the point is she isn't like every other person and doesn't express love or affection openly or even freely.  Yet one can understand why she doesn't when we have seen her life and understand her struggles.  It's not easy being poor or being told your not good enough or don't try to love someone beyond your station in life. In fact one might even be fearful of allowing oneself to believe it's even possible.  But I believe when she loves she loves greatly as she proves in her dedication and love for her family and friends and that she is smarter than most.  For she stays true to who and how she is and she never takes advantage of others or a situation.  She proves that even in silence one can love greatly even when others may not be able to see it...

From where I am still watching the drama it's an OTP that both love each other greatly but just didn't know how to communicate it or trust in it fully...:heart:

On 2/26/2019 at 6:37 PM, raziela said:

Thank you very much for the summaries @themarchioness I had to give up on this drama as I found the aggressive, immature, violent, clingy, rude, arrogant male lead insufferable and the sour faced personality-free female lead too dull to care about but I was curious how things turned out.

On the positive side I thought the casting for the child actors was excellent and the cinematography, sets and locations particularly the hometown of the female lead was beautiful. 

There were times when I gave up too soon but I kept persisting until ep 19.. To this day I am still stuck on ep 19 with no where to move.

On 2/28/2019 at 12:34 PM, thunderman1 said:

There were times when I gave up too soon but I kept persisting until ep 19.. To this day I am still stuck on ep 19 with no where to move.

The middle portion was pretty boring to me, I do think it gets bit better around 22 or 24 if that helps, though it never gets back to how good the beginning was. I'm too annoyed with the drama for it missing the point and different (and less interesting at times) characterisation to really recommend it unless the premise interest you, but it does get better!

Archived