[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Never Gone: So You Are Still Here 原来你还在这里

sugarplum892

The book's core conflict was similar to the drama. The drama also reduced the number of triggers, minimising their effect, but they still had effects, nonetheless.

I think it's a decent drama, though I really could use less office scenes. I liked that it focused on SYJ's professional development, however, I think it could have been spread over 5 years instead of a year? half a year? that it took in the drama? It makes it more unbelievable than it is. I'm actually kind of annoyed the focus is on them getting together, rather than get together -> break up -> grow -> get back together. We are barely shown how much they grew outside of the relationship, which is a shame, because that's what I liked about this story?

I did like the supporting couples and their conflict but I could do without all the pairing up. It's not that they don't have build up, I just think it'd work more if these characters found their happiness elsewhere. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/26/2018 at 4:14 AM, UnniSarah said:

Hello everyone, I havne't been able to find a place tp watch this drama at all. Can someone Help me DM me if you can . 

There is now good news as "Never Gone" the drama will be coming to Viki! Yay! There will be subs! Unfortunately, no date given on when the drama will start on Viki so you will need to just keep checking. Here's the Viki link:

https://www.viki.com/tv/36376c-never-gone

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 8:05 PM, Table122000 said:

There is now good news as "Never Gone" the drama will be coming to Viki! Yay! There will be subs! Unfortunately, no date given on when the drama will start on Viki so you will need to just keep checking. Here's the Viki link:

It's up on Viki as of this week, in case anyone's still interested in watching but needed subs!

On 1/7/2019 at 1:05 AM, Table122000 said:

On 1/23/2019 at 1:49 PM, themarchioness said:

It's up on Viki as of this week, in case anyone's still interested in watching but needed subs!

Thank you so much!  I had given up on this getting subtitles so this is great news!

Quite a few unexpected C-dramas are being subbed lately!  I hope this trend continues :D

This drama has a pretty common plot, sort of like Playful Kiss in reverse. My only gripe is the female lead, she has this sour expression throughout & well..it's putting me off from her scenes a bit. Which is unfortunate 'cause there's many scenes of her with Elvis - who thankfully is more expressive & better looking. 

7 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

This drama has a pretty common plot, sort of like Playful Kiss in reverse. My only gripe is the female lead, she has this sour expression throughout & well..it's putting me off from her scenes a bit. Which is unfortunate 'cause there's many scenes of her with Elvis - who thankfully is more expressive & better looking. 

Elvis got same sour faced blank uninterested look treatment fm his wife in "Siege in fog" almost right to the end of the drama.

Prolly he is good with these types of roles, always frustratingly having to go all out to pursue his woman? LOL

I love his acting.. 

10 hours ago, jongski said:

I can actually watch a whole drama with just the young Chen Zheng and u YuJin though. I like them teens.

Same.  They were my favorite parts of that drama and they were only present in the beginning, LOL.  But I just thought they did a really great job with their parts.

@Katrina Abdul Talib said:-

Elvis got same sour faced blank uninterested look treatment fm his wife in "Siege in fog" almost right to the end of the drama.

Prolly he is good with these types of roles, always frustratingly having to go all out to pursue his woman? LOL

I didn't finish Siege in Fog & I have a feeling I won't be able to get through this either. While Sun Yi was a slightly better actress, Elvis' female co-star in this seem too stiff(?) She's really bad ok LoL? Plus she looks way mature than Elvis. I kind of like the movie version a bit.

As for whether Elvis is good in these kinds of characters, I can't say. Maybe it's his preference. But again there's like dozens of similar like roles as his in many other C-Dramas as well.  

9 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@Katrina Abdul Talib said:-

I didn't finish Siege in Fog & I have a feeling I won't be able to get through this either. While Sun Yi was a slightly better actress, Elvis' female co-star in this seem too stiff(?) She's really bad ok LoL? Plus she looks way mature than Elvis. I kind of like the movie version a bit.

As for whether Elvis is good in these kinds of characters, I can't say. Maybe it's his preference. But again there's like dozens of similar like roles as his in many other C-Dramas as well.  

Lucky u did not watch SIF ending.. really disappointing. But

Elvis performance is superb, very engaging the reason I am following this drama. 

Both the young main actor/actress (in school) are adorable and fantastic.. hope to see them in future dramas.

• 2 weeks later...

Really loved the movie and I am hoping that the drama leaves me feeling the same way about it. It's been on my list and just now getting to it.  But the characters both young and older look interesting enough for me to give it a try...:blush:

47198582_2165250083727777_6855465729295463728_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-2.cdninstagram.com&se=7&ig_cache_key=MTk0MDY5NTU5MjkyNjAxMTg3Ng==.2images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmU6t2lu4j3MyWwkc7Ew0

2 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Really loved the movie and I am hoping that the drama leaves me feeling the same way about it. It's been on my list and just now getting to it.  But the characters both young and older look interesting enough for me to give it a try...:blush:

47198582_2165250083727777_6855465729295463728_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-2.cdninstagram.com&se=7&ig_cache_key=MTk0MDY5NTU5MjkyNjAxMTg3Ng==.2images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmU6t2lu4j3MyWwkc7Ew0

I'm still on ep 19. It is very slow plot.. the main girl is tense but she is like that for a reason. 

4 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

'm still on ep 19. It is very slow plot.. the main girl is tense but she is like that for a reason. 

Always good to see you on a thread enjoy reading your thoughts.  I'm only on episode 1 but the acting is pretty good even if they are young and thankful you and others are still here.  Will continue to back read and looking forward to catching up and please share away.  it's good to get a feel of what others are thinking about this drama too.  Even if I am a turtle who knows @angelangie might be keeping me company soon LOL:tounge_wink:

@USAFarmgirl, If you read back through the pages, you'll pretty much read what I had to say about the drama at the time I was watching it.  Heh.  But if I had to recap my thoughts, I'd say: I liked the book better (for the fact that you got to see character perspectives better), but in terms of the story narrative, I preferred the few changes that the drama made.  My favorite part of the drama was definitely the beginning with the younger actors, but I did think the latter part worked too.  Overall, I enjoyed the drama.  (I didn't watch the movie, so can't make any comparisons there.) 

Look forward to reading your impressions.  :) 

Archived