[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

47 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Just read this

Wow..yeah, they really milk the love triangle as much as they can, arent they? I hope this arc will over this week, or at most, the beginning of next week, so that there wont be more drama about this. What do you think ? 

I can't judge yet, but if it's scenes mostly of NQ/MSS's romantic escapades w/eachother that does not add levity/depth to the overall progression to the plot, I definitely would prefer if scenes were dedicated to further worldbuilding/cultivating & NQ/SS's character development as individual instead. Heck, I'd watch Chen Pipi make food.

• LOL 4

20 minutes ago, angelangie said:

heck i love your idea :D 

Imagine a cook off between SS and CPipi. That would be awesome. Cpipi is innovative w/his food. His watermelon juicemaker is great. I see that CPipi & SS eventually hangs out more, so Im stoked to see it.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

11 minutes ago, rhaps said:

If they just added some sweet scenes, then we could say that it was just to make the story 'richer' . But, they changed a scene from a future event, which has a different purpose and meaning. Yeah, I understand if a lot of fans are annoyed. 

Honestly, I dont really care about the romance anymore, since several episodes ago,  and just enjoy what the drama gives me. Otherwise, I'd be annoyed.  I put my attention to the action stuffs and Xia Hou's arc instead. Too bad, really...because the dynamic between NQ-SS has been very good since the drama started, so they dont need to show more sweet scenes of NQ with someone else for quite a long time (more than 6 episodes)

I really love the dynamic between NQ&SS onscreen.

Im also more interested in the worldbuilding & cultivation as well. And yes, 17 ep of NQ/MSS together is long, very long. Its like an entire season of a regular drama tv/show. I was quite suprise w/ the length. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Just read this

Wow..yeah, they really milk the love triangle as much as they can, arent they? I hope this arc will over this week, or at most, the beginning of next week, so that there wont be more drama about this. What do you think ? 

44 minutes ago, rhaps said:

If they just added some sweet scenes, then we could say that it was just to make the story 'richer' . But, they changed a scene from a future event, which has a different purpose and meaning. Yeah, I understand if a lot of fans are annoyed. 

Honestly, I dont really care about the romance anymore, since several episodes ago,  and just enjoy what the drama gives me. Otherwise, I'd be annoyed.  I put my attention to the action stuffs and Xia Hou's arc instead. Too bad, really...because the dynamic between NQ-SS has been very good since the drama started, so they dont need to show more sweet scenes of NQ with someone else for quite a long time (more than 6 episodes)

10 minutes ago, angelangie said:

agree....while the cultivation was suppose to be the main idea why NingQue went off....and to get the totem to help with SangSang's coldness.....they spend most of the parts with Mo ShanShan in it that kind of irritate one i guess

I hope this story line will be over in before it reach ep 50 :P .... I'm usually Ok with making adjustment with story line.. because of time management etc.. but this one is too much... it gave different meaning when its not really necessary at all! How could the I not be smad? LoL.... And feels like its too much fillers... 

The script writer is milking this....  and making the meaning of MSS in NQ-SS life as a rival... which is not the case at all.... Sigh...... I just want this to be over already... this is making me sad... for Sang Sang too. 

I kinda think NQ will return to Chang An in today's episode... because after last night's episode.. I don't think there's any other story line right? Cmiiw............... 

@UnniSarah :wub::wub: Yeah.. I know... I'm just feeling low right now LOL..... I wanted to be neutral tbh haha... but I'm triggered :joy: .. Sorry everyone!!!! 

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

are you sure u can stay away? i bet once we hit Episode 49 u will be back like no tomorrow :D 

hahahaha... you know me so wellll :D:D

48 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Imagine a cook off between SS and CPipi. That would be awesome. Cpipi is innovative w/his food. His watermelon juicemaker is great. I see that CPipi & SS eventually hangs out more, so Im stoked to see it.

LOL.. this could have been perfect!!!!!! :D 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I don't keep track of Chinese viewers are they mostly on the MSS and NQ ship? If so then I worried about Season 2. The whole Night fall/Ever night is the story about NQ and SS. MSS was supposed to be the catalyst to NQ and SS's relationship...but drama is dragging it and appear to make the relationship do much more than it should...I worried drama production will change the story...to make MSS and NQ ship happy. If anybody has insight please do share...I'm tired if waiting for NQ SS reunion...what if it's a let down? Lol, I still love and support this drama...just the last few episodes with MSS makes me wonder when will she be gone already?!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cheng Chao said:

I don't keep track of Chinese viewers are they mostly on the MSS and NQ ship? If so then I worried about Season 2. The whole Night fall/Ever night is the story about NQ and SS. MSS was supposed to be the catalyst to NQ and SS's relationship...but drama is dragging it and appear to make the relationship do much more than it should...I worried drama production will change the story...to make MSS and NQ ship happy. If anybody has insight please do share...I'm tired if waiting for NQ SS reunion...what if it's a let down? Lol, I still love and support this drama...just the last few episodes with MSS makes me wonder when will she be gone already?!

Spoiler

I'm more worried of Ship war that could happen in season 2 because of these changes :sweatingbullets:

Ning Que's devotion to Sang Sang is without question.. Don't worry about this.

But fans might wants other things..

Anyway, Here's something to cheer you up and to myself too... :D

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Maybe this will be from tonight eps, an update still images from weibo

https://fx.weico.net/share/48352457.html?weibo_id=4316706119222333

OMG !!!!! I bow to you @epinklyn for sharing these pictures.....  

giphy.gif I totally believe NQ and SS are reuniting. I can't wait to see the next epsiodes.

No one has discussed the Princess

Spoiler

Behavior in episode 44, she was such a *SNOB*. Truly disgusting to Sang Sang's mom. I know she insulted Sang Sang's mother just because she is close to the Empress. That *SNOB * has no respect for anyone.  She thinks way to highly of herself and she is dumb enough to let people manipulate her for their own gain.

@lynne22   My beeating heart just can't take it anymore. That scene was just so adorable. Can't wait to see this scene............... :heart: check out my beating heart in spoile tag

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• LOL 2

19 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

OMG !!!!! I bow to you @epinklyn for sharing these pictures.....  

I totally believe NQ and SS are reuniting. I can't wait to see the next epsiodes.

No one has discussed the Princess

Reveal hidden contents

Behavior in episode 44, she was such a *SNOB*. Truly disgusting to Sang Sang's mom. I know she insulted Sang Sang's mother just because she is close to the Empress. That *SNOB * has no respect for anyone.  She thinks way to highly of herself and she is dumb enough to let people manipulate her for their own gain.

@lynne22   My beeating heart just can't take it anymore. That scene was just so adorable. Can't wait to see this scene............... :heart: check out my beating heart in spoile tag

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Huahua... I like your bowing pic:lol::lol:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Cheng Chao said:

I see quite a lot of chinese's viewers shipping NQ-SS.

I also heard the novel is quite popular in china and a lot of them read the novel too. So, I guess the shippers are strong over there. Its just that I am upset with the drama changes, thats all. I better calm my heart and mind today so I can watch today series properly. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, angelangie said:

she look from up her mighty chair and she is quick to judge another.....

thought from her judgement on NingQue will make her realize that there are more to the book than just judging by its cover

That's why NQ always calls her idiot. I think I quite rude with this word, sorry:D

• LOL 5

I actually enjoyed Wei Guangming time with Sang Sang. At least he has some moment what it is like to be a member of a family. Such a stubborn old man. He must be very lonely most of his life

I loved how the old man was flustered by Sang Sang whether to make Sang Sang his disciple or wife.

• LOL 3

15 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

:ph34r: I'm SMAD........................ SAD AND MAD ABOUT THIS... Sighh........ 

Reveal hidden contents

How the script writer changed why the glasses are made and then presented to MSS makes me mad.... Seriously!!!!!!! 

- First, The glasses was made for SS, because NQ don't want to loose to her as the "MAN OF THE HOUSEHOLD" when she uses her divine light. So he made a Sunglasses :D...... yeah.. he's strange that way... and when he tried it on... he then remember MSS bad eyesight.. so he ask if the brothers can make another one for MSS.. its an aftertought.. and I think a sweet thing to do for a friend.... [In My opinion NQ would have done this for any of his brother and sister too hehe... ]

- And second.. Yes, the one that gave the glasses to MSS is SS..because NQ is too preoccupied in trying to escape with SS. 

- Lastly... the scene when MSS opens the glasses is a perfect closure of that sad arc... and also shows how she [representing us] feels about the whole situation... :tears: 

Quoting from ch 600 when She opens the glasses box

Can you feel her sadness and silent sigh here???? This is the kind MSS that I know.... she feels bad for NQ and SS. 

With reference to the chapter quotes:

Spoiler

See! MSS is absolutely convinced that SS threw the glasses at her. Which confirms my theory all along - MSS true crush is SS! :D:D:D

Of course they have an intimate relationship albeit non-sexual (yet). This was shown since episode 1 when SS scrubbed NQ in that wooden tub in broad daylight. Well, assuming SS is a maid it wouldn't have been that weird, but NQ splashing SS appeared strangely perverted IMHO lol...

The series's pacing of NQ-MSS relationship is actually not to bad IF later events follow the book:

Spoiler

SS jailed; SS found parents; SS-NQ reunion and subsequent events of SS-NQ-MSS; NQ's penalty from FZ; set up for NQ-XH confrontation etc.

But I have a feeling that they will be cutting the part about NQ's cultivation in the cave and SS's illness will relapse right after NQ-XH confrontation; so that makes the NQ-MSS moments far too long.

Again, the novel did a good job with the realisation of what SS-NQ mean to each other. SS realised what NQ meant to her when MSS got into the picture. She did not like that NQ like MSS. NQ realised what SS meant to him when he imagined her getting married to someone else - he cannot bear to see that happened. There was no declaration of love, no expression of like. But the underlying meaning is there - SS is hurt when NQ likes other girls and NQ is pained if SS is with another man. The novel established MSS as a catalyst of the NQ-SS romance rather than an obstacle.

The tv series kind of gave the impression that MSS is NQ's unattainable first love, and this affects SS's position in this relationship dynamics. We will have to watch how the episode unfolds as NQ's reactions will determine whether SS is a third party or not.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I think they wont dare to make too drastic changes, IMHO. Then again, I dont really care about S2 anyway..hahaha

Hey, u know how I feel when my fave novel is changed *you know what drama that I'm talking about ..wink wink*. Anyway, from the preview pics, I strongly believe that this arc will end this week, or next Wednesday, at most :

Reveal hidden contents

Because there was a pic of NQ talking to Fuzi for this week

After this arc is over, then we wont see MSS anymore until S2. Well, I do belief that the drama will add more scenes of NQ-YHY, though. But, considering their nature, they will just bicker and/or flirt, at most *LOL*

I am not sure either. Too many false hope. I just wanna calm my mind by trying to cultivate now... Zzzzzz

• LOL 5

7 hours ago, dzareth said:

Reveal hidden contents

See! MSS is absolutely convinced that SS threw the glasses at her. Which confirms my theory all along - MSS true crush is SS! :D:D:D

Of course they have an intimate relationship albeit non-sexual (yet). This was shown since episode 1 when SS scrubbed NQ in that wooden tub in broad daylight. Well, assuming SS is a maid it wouldn't have been that weird, but NQ splashing SS appeared strangely perverted IMHO lol...

The series's pacing of NQ-MSS relationship is actually not to bad IF later events follow the book:

Hide contents

SS jailed; SS found parents; SS-NQ reunion and subsequent events of SS-NQ-MSS; NQ's penalty from FZ; set up for NQ-XH confrontation etc.

But I have a feeling that they will be cutting the part about NQ's cultivation in the cave and SS's illness will relapse right after NQ-XH confrontation; so that makes the NQ-MSS moments far too long.

Again, the novel did a good job with the realisation of what SS-NQ mean to each other. SS realised what NQ meant to her when MSS got into the picture. She did not like that NQ like MSS. NQ realised what SS meant to him when he imagined her getting married to someone else - he cannot bear to see that happened. There was no declaration of love, no expression of like. But the underlying meaning is there - SS is hurt when NQ likes other girls and NQ is pained if SS is with another man. The novel established MSS as a catalyst of the NQ-SS romance rather than an obstacle.

The tv series kind of gave the impression that MSS is NQ's unattainable first love, and this affects SS's position in this relationship dynamics. We will have to watch how the episode unfolds as NQ's reactions will determine whether SS is a third party or not.

If they really make sangsang as a third party in this circle of relationship between three of them, then it would be ridiculous!!! Unacceptable! *Am roaring like a lion now*:crazy: but, if it thinks logically, Sangsang still the main lead female and this novel is about her journey as.... Mss is just a side dish that NQ likes and ss is described as water to him ... :D

• Like 2

@rhaps Ahahaha.. I'm totally cool with Ye Hongyu.... :wub: Their bickering is sexy! :D:D:D:D.............

@Jackie1048 Yeah.. me too. Wei Guang Ming found a little bit of happiness in his old age... just like Yan Se. It's very touching and warm when I think about it. 

18 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

@dzareth .. the voice of reason :lol: Yeah.. I have a feeling some part is going to be cut too..... 

• Like 2

You welcome @UnniSarah :wub:, i always love your gif expression LOL.

Well although i am a neutral for any ships, but I also feel getting enough for this arc and MSS things, i really wish they focus on the main story and main plot instead of adding unnecessary scenes that ruining the main plot, i hated when a serial is dragged in the middle and rushing like crazy in final episodes, making some confuse, clif hanger n suddenly the end, what the heck. I hope EN will end their eps beautifully, i kinda worry since it almost reach 50 and there hasnt been any significant progress regarding the main story. CMIIW.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

You welcome @UnniSarah :wub:, i always love your gif expression LOL.

Well although i am a neutral for any ships, but I also feel getting enough for this arc and MSS things, i really wish they focus on the main story and main plot instead of adding unnecessary scenes that ruining the main plot, i hated when a serial is dragged in the middle and rushing like crazy in final episodes, making some confuse, clif hanger n suddenly the end, what the heck. I hope EN will end their eps beautifully, i kinda worry since it almost reach 50 and there hasnt been any significant progress regarding the main story. CMIIW.

True, true, true, true, true, true, true, agreeeeeeee!!!:lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1