[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

32 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes u have your point....however MSS is totally smitten with NingQue, being she is a calligraphy addict and finally she found someone who has the same styles as hers despite in different characters and upbringing and surrounding....

however she is attracted and smitten....and when someone is totally guided by their feeling or desire there tends to be some warning we sane ppl or outsider will actually said that

'Oh I will not do that and .....'

we must not forgot that even Master YanSe was attracted to NingQue was because of his calligraphy.....so what will stop Mo ShanShan from doing so too?

actually we cannot totally lay the blame on Mo ShanShan......NingQue on certain level did send out encouragement and also hints that he is interested in her despite all the warning that there is another person in his hearts......in those periods of times...it is really very normal for a guy to have at least 2 or 3 wives or even more than that.......

NingQue knew that he can't live without SangSang but he like Mo ShanShan too....because she was also one of the first lady to show him some respect and treated him as a human instead of treating him with disdain.....

of course im camp NingSang lols even my signature should indicate where i stand lols....however i just want to be fair to Mo ShanShan too....despite the fact that i didnt like her occupying most of the scenes currently.....i just can't wait for my SangSang to appear again :) 

Yup, I got your point here hihi

What I mentioned above is from the view how I look at MSS. Because of the drama, many people think badly and dislike NQ's characters because of the extention of unnecessary scenes between him and MSS. They find him cruel, selfish and many people pity mss after those lovey dovey scenes. At the end, he was the one who says goodbye to her. 

It is true NQ also gave a positive vibe, (I guess, that because of his hormone problem):D and lack of love experience. In the novel, he himself doesnt even  know and doubt his own feelings whether it is only a crush or really fall for her. He did think that if he ended up with mss, they both surely will spend a long time together admiring their same common interest which is calligraphy. NQ indeed admires mss because of her appearances and purity. But only SS knows him the best and she is the most important person in this world:D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, dzareth said:

@ningsangcpp

Hide contents

The part where NQ gave MSS does exist, but it should happen much later, roughly in the middle part of the novel, post NQ-XH confrontation

About the glasses that NQ made for Mss supposed to be in season 2 during their fight in Lanke temple. The director just changed the story line - again:D

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

About the glasses that NQ made for Mss supposed to be in season 2 during their fight in Lanke temple. The director just changed the story line - again:D

And it was SS that threw the glasses to MSS because NQ was too busy keeping SS safe. There was no "to better see you with" nonsense. Lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Agree.  In the novel it's so satisfying how much he thinks about SS even when he is with MSS :D

We talked about it a few pages ago too but it is really confusing how they handling things in the drama. Since the wilderness episodes started it's almost as if MSS is an epic first love and the real female lead  The drama has exaggerated the MSS relationship giving it lots of tropey romantic moments, sidelined SangSang and the NingSang relationship, even changed the dynamic of the NQ/SS relationship compared to the novel.  It will be interesting to see how after all this lovey dovey time wasting they are going to make it convincing in 10 episodes NQ is actually so much in love with SS. 

I do wonder how new fans are understanding some parts of the drama as there is so much to take in and it gets confusing. I can make sense of most of it thanks to the posts from novel readers and I also started skimming through parts of the novel myself but, even then, I still get confused hahaha:lol:

The drama made everything upside downs and it creates many misunderstanding and of course, the director/scripwriter seems to be quite biased towards NQ-MSS relationships than NQ-SS's. I truly hate to think about that. But, its a fact. Otherwise, they wont added those romantic scenes and make people like mss more. Just my opinion. I may be wrong:D

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

8 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes i can't fault NingQue for falling for Mo ShanShan in one instance or decided that he can live and have both Mo ShanShan and SangSang on another......

he doesnt have the privilege of growing up with a guiding hand or someone to show him the rope of life....not to mention that ppl in those period of times have tons of wife to begin with.....i remember someone tell me 1 husband with 100 wife drama but still they watch it and then they question their sanity lols :D 

i dunno maybe Mo ShanShan thought she can share NingQue with SangSang.....however SangSang on the other hand wasnt agreeing to the idea at all....

just think about it....NingQue had always been hers and hers alone for over 10 years? or ever since she was a baby? and suddenly someone propel in their life and demanded she gave up half of that seat to her? hell no way i agree to that....

not to mention if there is one Mo ShanShan there will be another and another and another......as NingQue will only see it as agreeable that he has more than 1 girl in life.....which is why we should thank God that the writer is not having any of this happening lols

Yup..:DOpps, i suddenly remember something in the novel. NQ and SS did mention twice that they both feel uncomfortable if there is another person living with them. Because they both have created their own world for so many years that only belong to both of them. So, am curious what will happen if MSS really living with them in the same house.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Reading snippets of NQ/MSS interactions here is quite amusing. I think alot of drama viewers has the notion that MSS is NQ's love interest/endgame, which is hilarious 'cus MSS is pretty much a catalyst to ignite the flames between NQ/SS. 

It does slightly bug me that viewers see NQ/SS relationships as brotherly/sisterly onscreen when it is DEFINITELY not. NQ/SS interactions is PRETTY intimate, even if not romantic yet. NQ&SS just happen to be 2 individuals who grew up/care/rely on each other.

Even if I hadnt known about NQ/SS as a romantic pair, Id still ship them because of their great chemistry(*due to CFY&SY's natural onscreen presence together). So hopefully, more NQ&SS!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

When I started watching this drama and I saw NQ and SS interaction. It never felt brotherly and sisterly.  It reminded me of a wife taking care of her husband. Them sleeping so close to each other, him warming her up when she is cold isn't brotherly at all.  How about that scene when she was cold and she was on his back. His facial expression said it all. He was loss for word or thought. He was asking her how old was she?  LOL LOL LOL 
it was so funny . 

Here is the memorable scene after the back hug

giphy.gif

MLDytDeBgRpLmwdFRu19sJJGqt9ru2FXF9T_NjhA

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

9 minutes ago, angelangie said:

exactly.....to me the existence of MSS is to propel NingSang relationship into another level.....

Most definitely.

NQ&SS's relationship has been intimate from the get-go/established since the earlier episodes. It may not be romantic, but the sparks/potential for NQ/SS to be romantic is prominent/noticable, even w/out MSS's presence/appearance.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cheng Chao said:

And it was SS that threw the glasses to MSS because NQ was too busy keeping SS safe. There was no "to better see you with" nonsense. Lol.

:ph34r: I'm SMAD........................ SAD AND MAD ABOUT THIS... Sighh........ 

Spoiler

How the script writer changed why the glasses are made and then presented to MSS makes me mad.... Seriously!!!!!!! 

- First, The glasses was made because of SS, because NQ don't want to loose to her as the "MAN OF THE HOUSEHOLD" when she uses her divine light. So he made a Sunglasses :D...... yeah.. he's strange that way... and when he tried it on... he then remember MSS bad eyesight.. so he ask if the brothers can make another one for MSS.. its an aftertought.. and I think a sweet thing to do for a friend.... [In My opinion NQ would have done this for any of his brother and sister too hehe... ]

- And second.. Yes, the one that gave the glasses to MSS is SS..because NQ is too preoccupied in trying to escape with SS. 

- Lastly... the scene when MSS opens the glasses is a perfect closure of that sad arc... and also shows how she [representing us] feels about the whole situation... :tears: 

Quoting from ch 600 when She opens the glasses box

Mo Shanshan smiled and said, "In a crisis like that, Ning Que would hardly remember this. It must be Sangsang who threw them to me."
She placed the glasses on the bridge of her nose.
Then she turned around to looked at the mountain behind her. She found that the once blurry view was now completely clear.
However, it looked unreal and warped, with a sort of nothingness to it.
In the distance she saw the ruined temple, but her old friends were not there.

Can you feel her sadness and silent sigh here???? This is the kind MSS that I know.... she feels bad for NQ and SS. 

How they change this part into a generic scene in the drama makes me smad....They did everything else so wellll.. but they really overdid it with NQ-MSS-SS story... Sighhh..................... 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Cheng Chao said:

You are right. He may thinks in his heart, I better save my richard simmons and Sangsang first. Time to go, comrade!!!:D:D take care.

You are right. He may thinks in his heart, I better save my richard simmons and Sangsang first. Time to go, comrade!!!:D:D take care.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

• Like 3

1 minute ago, greenwatch08 said:

Most definitely.

NQ&SS's relationship has been intimate from the get-go/established since the earlier episodes. It may not be romantic, but the sparks/potential for NQ/SS to be romantic is notable, even w/out MSS's presence/appearance.

I agree with you @greenwatch08 and @angelangie. Yan Se did fall  for NQ Calligraphy. HE just couldn't stop think about him, he even tried imitate his Chicken Soup note. That Chicken Soup Note traveled far and wide. He became so famous for that not. NQ calligraphy is just that good and  MSS saw the intimacy in the way he wrote Sang Sang. I even agreed with Yan Se when said that note is written for a wife not a handmaiden. LOL LOL lol   

This handmaiden was trying her best to  let down her master the nicest way she know without hurting his feeling about Who is the most beautiful person in the world.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

7 minutes ago, angelangie said:

without MSS it might take them a bit longer.....but they will be there definitely.....the longing they have for each other is not of siblings lols.....and the closeness they share is not of siblings....im close with my siblings but we are definitely not doing what they were doing and not as close as they are either lols......

however with the appearance of MSS it kinda move thing along faster in my eyes.....it made them realize their feeling faster and somehow they seal the fate that in between them they couldnt have another person......

It's really mind boggling.

Right! NQ&SS does not act like bro/sis. There's this intricate detail/nuance in the way they both treat & see eachother that is DEFINITELY NOT sibling-like. Heck, they sleep together in close proximity & NQ is always carrying her around like a sack of rice.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

It's really mind boggling.

Right! NQ&SS does not act like bro/sis. There's this intricate detail/nuance in the way they both treat & see eachother that is DEFINITELY NOT sibling-like. Heck, they sleep together in close proximity & NQ is always carrying her around like a sack of rice.

Ahaahaha. This is very true......

I always feels like NQ was waiting for SS to grown up first before figuring out what he or what Sang Sang wants in their life..... he did mention he had thoughts of marrying her... its just that she's still a kid.. so he kept his silence ..............

Anyway............. gifs of SS as a Sack of Rice coming up....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I promise myself to just watch the fighting scene,, but now.... I think I need a break from this drama.. :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

@lynne22    Although they changed the story in the drama, I believe in the writer and director that they will make our OTP's love even More Epic than the novel. That is what keeps me calm when I see the changes. I am sure they will come up with something even memorable for him to give SS that will make  us viewers so very much happy. So lets keep the hope alive. :heart: 

giphy.gif

• LOL 2

16 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

Ahaahaha. This is very true......

I always feels like NQ was waiting for SS to grown up first before figuring out what he or what Sang Sang wants in their life..... he did mention he had thoughts of marrying her... its just that she's still a kid.. so he kept his silence ..............

Anyway............. gifs of SS as a Sack of Rice coming up....

I promise myself to just watch the fighting scene,, but now.... I think I need a break from this drama.. :sweatingbullets: 

NQ always have the brightest/biggest grin when he does this too. NQ/SS are so cute/loveable together. 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

When I started watching this drama and I saw NQ and SS interaction. It never felt brotherly and sisterly.  It reminded me of a wife taking care of her husband. Them sleeping so close to each other, him warming her up when she is cold isn't brotherly at all.  How about that scene when she was cold and she was on his back. His facial expression said it all. He was loss for word or thought. He was asking her how old was she?  LOL LOL LOL 
it was so funny . 

Here is the memorable scene after the back hug

You are right. Another hormone problem of NQ:D this leads me to think he does feel SS's chest against his back. Wow. Wow. Wow. What a naughty boy ya NQ. In the novel, he wanted to be laid since he is virgin. Luckly, he can control himself and shouts "hormoneee, stop disturbing my poor brain!!!!":D:D:lol::lol:

Edited by angelangie
  • LOL 3

22 minutes ago, angelangie said:

lols.... @UnniSarah the glare is telling lols....he can't have SangSang admiring another....to him he need to be the top one with SangSang on everything..... EVERY SINGLE THING!!! lols

You are right. NQ is very obsessive about SS. He always mentions to others that she is his's, the one, my sangsang, belong to me, and etc. 

I have never heard him saying those words to other people about mss.:rolleyes:

I like this scene:D he obviously jealous. He doesnt want anyone taking her away from him.

Edited by angelangie
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1