Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜


Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, thartie said:

I saw.in IG that SS is still gonna be in Season 2 so I have decided to continue watching it no matter who the male lead is. Because Season 2 has kissing scene and I can't imagine CFY having torid kissing scene because he is still 18! Hahaha. And also, as what I have said before, Chinese actors are getting handsomer as Chinese Drama rises to the stardom. Lol So, it doesn't matter for me now as long as he's handsome and have husky voice. Lol lol

You really are my kindred spirit. :D :D :D 

 

1 hour ago, Daylight Chang said:

Hello fellow Ever Night fans. I'm a new member here that likes to search for and watch fanmade videos while I wait for subs/new episode. Here's some that I like if anyone want to watch them too

 

First a fun Ning Que focused video

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36777535

 

Ning Que x SangSang/Ningsang videos

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av37194242

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36720886

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av35998854

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36043426

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36350573  wear headphones for this for the cool sound editing

 

A nice video of the insert song that I think is better than the official 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av35538375

 

Spoiler video I found for Ningsang sweetness we will get after all the angst. This couple is so cute and pure.

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/H2s9z5KUM?fid=1034:4305848789327929

 

 

Wow! Thank you for these helpful links!!!! And NingSang is really cute af. I wanna hug ‘em and squeeze ‘em and just cuddle these babies coz the world is just too cruel to them sometimes. And welcome to our awesome thread :) 

 

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

 

you dont have to worry

  Reveal hidden contents

SangSang will not die :) neither will NingQue....both will end up together but roles were reserve as now it will NingQue turn to serve SangSang lols as she has forgotten how to be a proper handmaiden :D 

 

 

 

no worries just thought u guys will love it :) as anything involving NingSang is my priority for now :D 

 

 

yes it is.... im not sure how i will cope lols.....

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

hahaha First didnt interact much with SangSang but not 2nd.....2nd had to chance to interact more with SangSang.....i find that it is pretty balance....those who interact with SangSang more naturally will fall in to support and wishes NingQue to ended up with SangSang however those who interact or saw the way NingQue is with MSS they will fall in to support them ....

 

at the same times those who never ever came into much contact with either one will stay neutral but are eager for NingQue to hook with either as in the book it stated that their main motive is to avoid Princess LiYu or any of the King ppl trying to involve NingQue too much into the political games.....

 

however one thing for sure....FuZi knows who is SangSang and he knew from the beginning who is the best with NingQue.....and from the outlook of thing...Fuzi wants NingQue to end up with SangSang....as when he will confine NingQue to the back mountain.....he told NingQue to bring SangSang together.......

 

it was also FuZi who meddle and have the emperor to give a decree to the General Secretary that they shouldnt stop SangSang from returning to NingQue if this is Miss SangSang wishes......

 

 

 

Thanks again @angelangie our dearest angel. *kiss* Hehe. The spoiler tags here in our forum are really gifts, you never know what uou gonna get but you can be sure that it will always be a good one. Always!

 

and perfect example of spoiler tag santa is @satanghaesolim woohooo! Thank you!!! :) 

  • LOL 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm mostly OK with the changes made in ep 47/48. Overall the tone is lighter more comedic but there are some moments that convey similar feelings to the novel.  I think they are holding back on the fe

Happy New Year  Ever Night Fans @epinklyn @Wotad @n3bula @angelangie @lynne22 @raziela @greenwatch08 @mei2018 @dzareth @LeeN  @ningsangcpp @littlemissmiss @toninha @Snow Guardian @Cheng Chao @pangia @

I hope on the main cast, there won't be any replacement.. but I agree we won't know for sure until the season has ended. It'll be sad tho if it really happen.. SO, I'm trying not to think about i

1 hour ago, Daylight Chang said:

Hello fellow Ever Night fans. I'm a new member here that likes to search for and watch fanmade videos while I wait for subs/new episode. Here's some that I like if anyone want to watch them too

 

First a fun Ning Que focused video

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36777535

 

Ning Que x SangSang/Ningsang videos

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av37194242

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36720886

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av35998854

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36043426

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36350573  wear headphones for this for the cool sound editing

 

A nice video of the insert song that I think is better than the official 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av35538375

 

Spoiler video I found for Ningsang sweetness we will get after all the angst. This couple is so cute and pure.

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/H2s9z5KUM?fid=1034:4305848789327929

 

 

Hi there, welcome! :)

 

Thanks for the video!

That 1st one.., when NQ was still in Wei city (epi 1) , is one my faves. He looked his age when he was jumping around like that *LOL :sweatingbullets: - along with his scenes with Old Ma, I love how cute he was toward him*. CFY is really tall and seemed more mature during the whole show, except for those scenes in epi 1. And it also matched NQ's age, who was supposed to be 16-17 yrs old at that time.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Hi there, welcome! :)

 

Thanks for the video!

That 1st one.., when NQ was still in Wei city (epi 1) , is one my faves. He looked his age when he was jumping around like that *LOL :sweatingbullets: - along with his scenes with Old Ma, I love how cute he was toward him*. CFY is really tall and seemed more mature during the whole show, except for those scenes in epi 1. And it also matched NQ's age, who was supposed to be 16-17 yrs old at that time.

One of the things I like about this show is the contrast in Ning Que's character. He was introduced as a typical stoic silent killer (he didn't speak until he said firewood/useless at the end of all the killng) and then he returns home and acts like the teenager he is skipping around and messing around/acting like a brat with Old Ma. 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Daylight Chang said:

One of the things I like about this show is the contrast in Ning Que's character. He was introduced as a typical stoic silent killer (he didn't speak until he said firewood/useless at the end of all the killng) and then he returns home and acts like the teenager he is skipping around and messing around/acting like a brat with Old Ma. 

Yesssss me toooooo 

Those scenes, along with the ones with Old Ma, were the ones that made me fall in love with this drama! Awwww :wub: . The funny thing is, I watched it after I watched Bloody Romance, where Old Ma was the big cruel evil villain there. Such contrast! :P I thought that he was a villain in EN too, but it turned out that he was so warm like a father to NQ.

 

Too bad he only appeared in epi 1 - 2 *sigh*. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The fight between SS and NQ looks intense.  I didn't have a chance to see the full, but he is even manhandling her by hitting her in the forehead and pulling her soft ears so strongly.  Now, I hate NQ.  Here's the video. Her father is calling her yuer, what is her birth name?  The parents of SS seems to me so sweet and naive.

 

CR: uploader

EDIT: I am posting some more videos from this uploader

 NQ bids goodbye to MSS

 

SS meets MSS.  @satanghaesolim translated this for us

CR:uploader

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

The fight between SS and NQ looks intense.  I didn't have a chance to see the full, but he is even manhandling her by hitting her in the forehead and pulling her soft ears so strongly.  Now, I hate NQ.  Here's the video. Her father is calling her yuer, what is her birth name?  The parents of SS seems to me so sweet and naive.

 

CR: uploader

That's why I said that the drama made him too rude to SS. I dont remember him doing something like that in the novel. All I can remember is :

 


He raised his hand, but he didnt do anything and stopped himself. He thought of hitting her like when she was 4 yrs old, but he didnt do it too. 

His words were indeed harsh, but SS faced him calmly and stubbornly, so he couldnt do anything. And the parents looked at them with amazed, because they were indeed fighting, but, strangely, they looked 'intimate' and close
 

 

 

Please CMIIW. From the preview, I dont see how that scene reflect the one in the novel

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raziela said:

@Daylight Chang Welcome to the thread!  Thank you for the videos :)

 

:lol::lol: I see you have your priorities in order!  Good point about a potential real kiss scene with an older lead. I wish they would hurry up and announce officially who will be replacing CFY.

 

I'm still not sure if I will watch the second season. I don't really have the patience to watch more than one season of any drama especially when most C-dramas are already too long.  I'm also not that pleased with how the writer has handled certain aspects already so I'm not sure if I trust her for the next part. It also seems like the plot will get very dark and I'm not sure I will be able to handle it.

Hahahhaa. I have already paved my own path towards this Season 2. I think you should watch it because I believe that is where NQ and SS love story will start. And also, the heart wrenching sacrifices of NQ towards the most important person and how far he can go and how many he will kill and sacrifice for the sake of that most important person in his life. Although, they better use the same wig as what NQ is using because it definitely looks real and youthful. Not the usual long well crafted one! 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, raziela said:

You're welcome :) I was also curious after reading fan posts about their relationship which is one of the reasons I started looking at the novel.  The fact that they omitted such simple and important information in the drama is just ridiculous IMO :wacko:

You are right that we should wait to see how it plays out and I do agree they are two different mediums'  Usually I wouldn't be so critical about differences but they seem to have missed some very important nuances that change the whole tone of the story. 

 

I can understand why it took so long as the plot is very complex and there are so many characters and groups and in terms of the plot I think she has done a good job. At the same time she seems to have missed the mark with the depth of NQ and SS relationship which is very disappointing and does the characters and the story a disservice.

 

Exactly. I am so confused by the way they have overdone the NQ-MSS relationship. to the point they have added extra romantic scenes and tropes that are not in the original novel.  What's the point? It adds nothing to the plot. Why spend so much time building up a NQ's little fling and making the actual OTP relationship look lacking in comparison rather than establishing the central relationship which is the foundation of NQ's character and the whole series?  It makes no sense!

 

Maybe I'll change my mind when I have watched the episodes but currently I feel the director and screenwriter do not really understand the NQ-SS relationship as written in the novel. I am very sceptical how they are going to turn things around in such a short time to make it believable that NQ is so devoted and in love with SS that he'll the fight the whole world. The funny thing is I would say for the first 20-something episodes they were doing a pretty good job with establishing the NQ-SS relationship even if they missed some important details but that's all gone out of the window in the subsequent episodes.

 

 

15 hours ago, rhaps said:

If they spent that much time to make a script, then they should have understood how NQ-SS's relationship should be, how much he cared about her and vice versa. I agree that the recent development makes the actual OTP relationship look lacking in comparison, rather than establishing the central relationship which is the foundation of NQ's character and the whole series. It does nothing good in that term. The only thing that it does well is making NQ looking like rude and doesnt care about SS as much as he did. 

 

Totally agree with these! -_-
Yes, it's true that we shouldn't compare the novel and drama, not when both are still align with the theme, however, when the drama made too much changes yet stay similar that's when I cant help but comparing. 


The whole core of the story is NQ-SS as the inseparable power couple. They may not realize it when they're young and there may be other distraction (MSS or others), but regardless whatever the obstacles / challenges,  they continue to stay true to each other. For me, Ever Night is not a romance story with all that jealousy, but it is about 2 people realizing how much they mean to each other and how far they can grow together. In NQ-SS world, there is no room for other people.

 

That's why in the novel, when NQ has to let go of MSS, he feels slight regret and apologetic yet he is not too broken-hearted about it because he knows which one his heart wants. 

Spoiler

In Ep 52 preview, I feel like he's regretting the separation a loot! :huh:

 

So when the drama took that out and digs more on the romance side, especially NQ-SS-MSS triangle, I cant help but cringing. 

 

To be fair, if we dont compare drama-novel, then the drama is the story of NQ - not NQ-SS.
It's NQ's journey for cultivation and his romance with MSS, whereas SS stays as the side story. But the title Ever Night itself is not about NQ, it's about SS as the you-know-who.

Oh well... It's done. As an audience, I'd just choose to skim through the part that I'm not too happy with. :sweatingbullets::P

 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stucked said:

You really are my kindred spirit. :D :D :D 

 

Wow! Thank you for these helpful links!!!! And NingSang is really cute af. I wanna hug ‘em and squeeze ‘em and just cuddle these babies coz the world is just too cruel to them sometimes. And welcome to our awesome thread :) 

 

 

Thanks again @angelangie our dearest angel. *kiss* Hehe. The spoiler tags here in our forum are really gifts, you never know what uou gonna get but you can be sure that it will always be a good one. Always!

 

and perfect example of spoiler tag santa is @satanghaesolim woohooo! Thank you!!! :) 

And you're mine too @stucked since that comment you made when I posted that chapter before! Hahahaha. Now, I know, that somewhere out there, there's someone who has the same thought as me. Hahaha. We are the perfect two. Lol! I have been through a lot of sleepless night, read soo much chapter until I found that perfect scene. Hahahhaa. 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@penelop3, I finished watching through episodes 36 tonight and I must say I agree with your conclusion about the drama presented more like a story of NQ, his cultivation, and his romantic interests. While I have not read the novel, I have read plenty of the spoilers you guys posted here and I’m disappointed with some of the changes especially with the way they had SS mentioning her master in almost every scene she had while he was away in the wilderness. The disparity in her reflections on NQ compared to his reflections on her while in the wilderness is very wide. I was also disappointed because here I was thinking that I’d actually see more of WGM teaching SS and her development as his student but hardly anything happened before he departed. Maybe I was expecting too much. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@pad-hari, thanks for the videos. How does SS find her parents? I mean, are they her biological parents? 

 

What is SS and NQ arguing about though?

Yes, it's her biological parents.  I skipped  the portion how they found her in the novel.  

BTW there is the translation done for the video by @ningsangcpp  in page 66.  

@thartie I agree with you.  Both their hairstyle with high pony-tail is so cute.  It's different from the usual c-dramas.  Me too likey:wub:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

My only request for Season 2 is to retain NQ's wig! I love it. It looks soo natural and it's very shiny. And I love how they moves whenever the wind blows. 

9 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Yes, it's her biological parents.  I skipped  the portion how they found her in the novel.  

BTW there is the translation done for the video by @ningsangcpp  in page 66.  

@thartie I agree with you.  Both their hairstyle with high pony-tail is so cute.  It's different from the usual c-dramas.  Me too likey:wub:

I know, right?! It's more than perfect! I'll be upset if they'll change the hairstyle. Hahaha

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raziela said:

 

:lol::lol: I see you have your priorities in order!  Good point about a potential real kiss scene with an older lead. I wish they would hurry up and announce officially who will be replacing CFY.

 

I'm still not sure if I will watch the second season. I don't really have the patience to watch more than one season of any drama especially when most C-dramas are already too long.  I'm also not that pleased with how the writer has handled certain aspects already so I'm not sure if I trust her for the next part. It also seems like the plot will get very dark and I'm not sure I will be able to handle it.

I agree with @raziela. Other than the change of actor, I also dont agree with the Director (?)'s style for this love triangle arc. Unless if the review for S2 is very very very good, then I guess I'll spare my time for other things

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, penelop3 said:

 

 

Totally agree with these! -_-
Yes, it's true that we shouldn't compare the novel and drama, not when both are still align with the theme, however, when the drama made too much changes yet stay similar that's when I cant help but comparing. 


The whole core of the story is NQ-SS as the inseparable power couple. They may not realize it when they're young and there may be other distraction (MSS or others), but regardless whatever the obstacles / challenges,  they continue to stay true to each other. For me, Ever Night is not a romance story with all that jealousy, but it is about 2 people realizing how much they mean to each other and how far they can grow together. In NQ-SS world, there is no room for other people.

 

That's why in the novel, when NQ has to let go of MSS, he feels slight regret and apologetic yet he is not too broken-hearted about it because he knows which one his heart wants. 

  Reveal hidden contents

In Ep 52 preview, I feel like he's regretting the separation a loot! :huh:

 

So when the drama took that out and digs more on the romance side, especially NQ-SS-MSS triangle, I cant help but cringing. 

 

To be fair, if we dont compare drama-novel, then the drama is the story of NQ - not NQ-SS.
It's NQ's journey for cultivation and his romance with MSS, whereas SS stays as the side story. But the title Ever Night itself is not about NQ, it's about SS as the you-know-who.

Oh well... It's done. As an audience, I'd just choose to skim through the part that I'm not too happy with. :sweatingbullets::P

 

So true. The Drama/Novel is not just about NQ. It's about SS and the very man who will turn his back to the world just to protect her and die for her.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Mo Shanshan silently stood beside Ning Que, but withdrew a little bit.

She was somewhat happy, eager, and uneasy when invited by the Eldest Brother of the Academy to visit Chang'an. But one could not find such emotions on her peaceful and indifferent face. She knew why she was uneasy. Sometimes, she even wondered if her expectation of being in Chang'an was actually her expectation about Ning Que, or his little handmaiden.

Following Ning Que, she entered the Old Brush Pen Shop and saw the little handmaiden eating noodles on the wooden bench. The first time that she saw her, she knew that this was the person she had wanted to see. That little handmaiden was Sangsang.

The Sangsang that appeared at the very beginning of the Chicken Soup Calligraphy.

The Sangsang that Ning Que always mentioned.

During the summer nights, Mo Shanshan had scanned over the Chicken Soup Calligraphy beside the Ink Lake numerous times, so she was clearer than others, even Ning Que, about what absolute trust and intimacy were hidden in those disordered strokes of that handmaiden's name. So, she had been wondering what kind of handmaiden Sangsang was.

In the grassland palace, she said that she liked the Big Black Horse of Ning Que. In the Snow Fields, she said that she liked the calligraphy of Ning Que. And finally, when she was almost dying at the Front Gate of the Devil's Doctrine, she calmly said what she liked was not only the horse and the calligraphy, but also Ning Que.

At that time, she thought that she would die, so she just followed her heart to say so. Yet, she did not die in the end, and what she had said could not be withdrawn now. So, she was convinced that she really liked Ning Que, and was even more eager to see Sangsang.

But she felt a bit surprised when she actually saw Sangsang today. Because the girl was not the usual beautiful handmaiden that one would often see on the streets, but just a darkish, thin, and ordinary girl. She had not totally grown up because of her young age. In addition, when she held onto the big bowl and smiled with noodles hanging from her mouth, no one could have any other feeling than pity for her.

Facing such a little handmaiden, Mo Shanshan felt that her previous assumption and even her uneasiness before arriving in Chang'an had gone to extremes. So, she felt a bit ashamed and silently lowered her head after blankly looking at Sangsang for some time. She was now looking at the tip of her shoes and did not say anything else.

It looked a bit ridiculous seeing both Sangsang and Shanshan looking at the tip of their shoes, and the Old Brush Pen Shop was shrouded in a strange atmosphere.

Ning Que was immersed in the happiness of seeing Sangsang again, so he did not even notice it. As for the Eldest Brother, although he appeared to look up and down at the displays in the shop and seemed to have noticed nothing at all, he actually slightly sighed in his heart.

Sangsang suddenly emerged from her daze with an "Ah!" and said in a flurry, "I will pour tea for the guests."

She bowed to the others, took her bowl from the table, snatched the other one from Chen Pipi, who was also in a state of shock, and hurriedly went into the backyard.

Ning Que was surprised when seeing her little figure vanish behind the curtain. "Although she is as busy as before, after such a long time of not seeing each other, why didn't she come to hug me?"

To all the chingus who were a bit upset and restless towards NQ and MSS flirting and interaction in the drama, this is for you. I hope it will help settles some of your worries.

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

The fight between SS and NQ looks intense.  I didn't have a chance to see the full, but he is even manhandling her by hitting her in the forehead and pulling her soft ears so strongly.  Now, I hate NQ.  Here's the video. Her father is calling her yuer, what is her birth name?  The parents of SS seems to me so sweet and naive.

 

55 minutes ago, rhaps said:

That's why I said that the drama made him too rude to SS. I dont remember him doing something like that in the novel. All I can remember is :

  Reveal hidden contents


He raised his hand, but he didnt do anything and stopped himself. He thought of hitting her like when she was 4 yrs old, but he didnt do it too. 

His words were indeed harsh, but SS faced him calmly and stubbornly, so he couldnt do anything. And the parents looked at them with amazed, because they were indeed fighting, but, strangely, they looked 'intimate' and close
 

 

Please CMIIW. From the preview, I dont see how that scene reflect the one in the novel

After that clip I have to say I do not understand what this drama is doing with the NQ/SS relationship at all. This big strong guy hitting and pulling the ears of this tiny girl? Is this supposed to be funny or something?  If I were Sang Sang's parents I'd be about to fight him and kick him out of my house.  He is treating her so badly :angry:  Meanwhile the goodbye clip with MSS is all heartbreaking music and slow motion.  WTF is this?!

@rhaps You are right!  I just read the scene in the novel and he definitely doesn't hit her and even thinks about how he hasn't been able to physically discipline her since she was 4 years old.  Like you said SS is very cool and calm in the novel but I can give Drama Sang Sang a pass for shouting because DramaNing Que is so much more of a jerk than Novel NQ so I don't blame her for blowing up at him.

 

48 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

Totally agree with these! -_-
Yes, it's true that we shouldn't compare the novel and drama, not when both are still align with the theme, however, when the drama made too much changes yet stay similar that's when I cant help but comparing. 


The whole core of the story is NQ-SS as the inseparable power couple. They may not realize it when they're young and there may be other distraction (MSS or others), but regardless whatever the obstacles / challenges,  they continue to stay true to each other. For me, Ever Night is not a romance story with all that jealousy, but it is about 2 people realizing how much they mean to each other and how far they can grow together. In NQ-SS world, there is no room for other people.

 

That's why in the novel, when NQ has to let go of MSS, he feels slight regret and apologetic yet he is not too broken-hearted about it because he knows which one his heart wants. 

  Reveal hidden contents

In Ep 52 preview, I feel like he's regretting the separation a loot! :huh:

 

So when the drama took that out and digs more on the romance side, especially NQ-SS-MSS triangle, I cant help but cringing. 

 

To be fair, if we dont compare drama-novel, then the drama is the story of NQ - not NQ-SS.
It's NQ's journey for cultivation and his romance with MSS, whereas SS stays as the side story. But the title Ever Night itself is not about NQ, it's about SS as the you-know-who.

Oh well... It's done. As an audience, I'd just choose to skim through the part that I'm not too happy with. :sweatingbullets::P

 

 

37 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@penelop3, I finished watching through episodes 36 tonight and I must say I agree with your conclusion about the drama presented more like a story of NQ, his cultivation, and his romantic interests. While I have not read the novel, I have read plenty of the spoilers you guys posted here and I’m disappointed with some of the changes especially with the way they had SS mentioning her master in almost every scene she had while he was away in the wilderness. The disparity in her reflections on NQ compared to his reflections on her while in the wilderness is very wide. I was also disappointed because here I was thinking that I’d actually see more of WGM teaching SS and her development as his student but hardly anything happened before he departed. Maybe I was expecting too much. 

Agree with you both.  In the parts of the novel I have read as @penelop3 said the core of the story is NQ-SS but the drama has made the story all about NQ and diminished SS role so she's like just another supporting character in his life.  The thing that surprises me the most is that the director and screenwriter are both women. I would have thought in their hands a intelligent, interesting, unique atypical female protagonist like Sang Sang would have been safe and given her fair share of story and screen time but I guess I assumed wrong:(

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, raziela said:

 

After that clip I have to say I do not understand what this drama is doing with the NQ/SS relationship at all. This big strong guy hitting and pulling the ears of this tiny girl? Is this supposed to be funny or something?  If I were Sang Sang's parents I'd be about to fight him and kick him out of my house.  He is treating her so badly :angry:  Meanwhile the goodbye clip with MSS is all heartbreaking music and slow motion.  WTF is this?!

@rhaps You are right!  I just read the scene in the novel and he definitely doesn't hit her and even thinks about how he hasn't been able to physically discipline her since she was 4 years old.  Like you said SS is very cool and calm in the novel but I can give Drama Sang Sang a pass for shouting because DramaNing Que is so much more of a jerk than Novel NQ so I don't blame her for blowing up at him.

 

 

Agree with you both.  In the parts of the novel I have read as @penelop3 said the core of the story is NQ-SS but the drama has made the story all about NQ and diminished SS role so she's like just another supporting character in his life.  The thing that surprises me the most is that the director and screenwriter are both women. I would have thought in their hands a intelligent, interesting, unique atypical female protagonist like Sang Sang would have been safe and given her fair share of story and screen time but I guess I assumed wrong:(

I believe SS fair share with the role will come in Season 2. Because even in the Novel, SangSang's character has not been develop that much not until chapter 600+ after the wilderness chapter. Her character was just given a scene here and there and sometimes in NQ's thought of her for the first 500+ chapter. So mainly, Season one is focused on NQ development. If they are going to Develop both character together at the same time, then there's no point of having Season 2 because by then, they have no story to tell anymore.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of curiosity I wonder amongst the fans watching inside China if there's a stronger SS/NQ or MSS/NQ ship :huh:. I read some of their live comments posted on some of the videos and I see some people keep saying SS should only be a little sister cos of her age. But she really is only about 4-5years younger than NQ? It's not strange to have that age gap especially back in the ancient times. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, thartie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Mo Shanshan silently stood beside Ning Que, but withdrew a little bit.

She was somewhat happy, eager, and uneasy when invited by the Eldest Brother of the Academy to visit Chang'an. But one could not find such emotions on her peaceful and indifferent face. She knew why she was uneasy. Sometimes, she even wondered if her expectation of being in Chang'an was actually her expectation about Ning Que, or his little handmaiden.

Following Ning Que, she entered the Old Brush Pen Shop and saw the little handmaiden eating noodles on the wooden bench. The first time that she saw her, she knew that this was the person she had wanted to see. That little handmaiden was Sangsang.

The Sangsang that appeared at the very beginning of the Chicken Soup Calligraphy.

The Sangsang that Ning Que always mentioned.

During the summer nights, Mo Shanshan had scanned over the Chicken Soup Calligraphy beside the Ink Lake numerous times, so she was clearer than others, even Ning Que, about what absolute trust and intimacy were hidden in those disordered strokes of that handmaiden's name. So, she had been wondering what kind of handmaiden Sangsang was.

In the grassland palace, she said that she liked the Big Black Horse of Ning Que. In the Snow Fields, she said that she liked the calligraphy of Ning Que. And finally, when she was almost dying at the Front Gate of the Devil's Doctrine, she calmly said what she liked was not only the horse and the calligraphy, but also Ning Que.

At that time, she thought that she would die, so she just followed her heart to say so. Yet, she did not die in the end, and what she had said could not be withdrawn now. So, she was convinced that she really liked Ning Que, and was even more eager to see Sangsang.

But she felt a bit surprised when she actually saw Sangsang today. Because the girl was not the usual beautiful handmaiden that one would often see on the streets, but just a darkish, thin, and ordinary girl. She had not totally grown up because of her young age. In addition, when she held onto the big bowl and smiled with noodles hanging from her mouth, no one could have any other feeling than pity for her.

Facing such a little handmaiden, Mo Shanshan felt that her previous assumption and even her uneasiness before arriving in Chang'an had gone to extremes. So, she felt a bit ashamed and silently lowered her head after blankly looking at Sangsang for some time. She was now looking at the tip of her shoes and did not say anything else.

It looked a bit ridiculous seeing both Sangsang and Shanshan looking at the tip of their shoes, and the Old Brush Pen Shop was shrouded in a strange atmosphere.

Ning Que was immersed in the happiness of seeing Sangsang again, so he did not even notice it. As for the Eldest Brother, although he appeared to look up and down at the displays in the shop and seemed to have noticed nothing at all, he actually slightly sighed in his heart.

Sangsang suddenly emerged from her daze with an "Ah!" and said in a flurry, "I will pour tea for the guests."

She bowed to the others, took her bowl from the table, snatched the other one from Chen Pipi, who was also in a state of shock, and hurriedly went into the backyard.

Ning Que was surprised when seeing her little figure vanish behind the curtain. "Although she is as busy as before, after such a long time of not seeing each other, why didn't she come to hug me?"

To all the chingus who were a bit upset and restless towards NQ and MSS flirting and interaction in the drama, this is for you. I hope it will help settles some of your worries.

Thanks for the excerpts from the book  to ease the suffering of the drama ^_^

 

 

4 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

Just out of curiosity I wonder amongst the fans watching inside China if there's a stronger SS/NQ or MSS/NQ ship :huh:. I read some of their live comments posted on some of the videos and I see some people keep saying SS should only be a little sister cos of her age. But she really is only about 4-5years younger than NQ? It's not strange to have that age gap especially back in the ancient times. 

I think it might depend on whether they have read the novel too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...