[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

so what happen...anyone wanna enlighten me why LQ is so dead set to have SS? or to take SS away from NingQue?

is it to all due cause that SangSang belong solely to NQ? he just want to take SS away to get back to NingQue and to break her to get back at NingQue?

In My opinion, it was never about Sang Sang, Long Qing just want to push Ning Que's button.... :sweatingbullets: and the only tool he can successfully use is Sang Sang.

And well let's face it... NQ is someone that is practical and value his life... in another circumstances he wouldn't have wanted to fight LQ yet... because knows his current level is not enough... he would rather shamelessly go away.... than fight him.....  LOL.. Tbh at ep 37 I can feel LQ frustration to NQ... thats why he use SS to push NQ to accept his challenge... And that, for me is LQ's ultimate mistake.... 

I think in LQ's mind he already regards NQ as a rival... especially because YHY makes a point in saying things about NQ's future prospect... and NQ's response is just dont care at alll :joy: Its rather ironic when you think about it..... 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

Happy Wednesday everyone!! 

Happy EverNight Days to all!

I just wanted to say Hi and let everyone know how grateful I am for all the interesting discussions, spoilers and POVs for this awesome show. I have been a lurker for a while for I can't seem to find time to comment nor share anything. But everyone seems to be so nice and a good discussion is always awesome for someone like me who love Chinese dramas but at a mercy of subtitles and grateful for all that share :)

I think everybody has expressed how awesome this drama is and I 100% agree. Even to the authenticity of how people act towards each other during that "era" (err... minus the pizza and magic... hehehe)  is a good reflection of how it was back then. I have just started to read the novel because of you my friends and I will try my best to keep up. Right now I am enjoying the drama (with or without the subs).

• Like 4

:) Welcome to the thread @dr4malala and @xkidsmom

22 hours ago, Daylight Chang said:

There is a video of him working out so whoever replace him should also work on their muscles especially since they are going to have to do the cute Sang Sang lift Ning Que does when he's happy.

21 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@Daylight Chang :D 

The Sang Sang lift is so iconic to the drama!  His successor had better already be working out to with Song Yi Ren equivalent weights :lol:

13 hours ago, toninha said:

I really hope we get a reunion between NQ and SS this week, I'm been skipping the last two weeks episodes because I can't stand all the scenes with MSS lol I know it's necessary for him to finally realise what he feels for SS but I can't help it lol at least I have the novel to make me happy while I wait:)

Apparently they should finally get a reunite this week.  You are not the only one!  Lots of people have been skipping or forwarding because of those NQ and MSS scenes including me:P

12 hours ago, ningsangcpp said:

Hi lovely people 

It's so late here in Sydney and ep 43 just got uploaded but I have work tomorrow so I quickly skimmed through it 

Reveal hidden contents

OUR POOR SANG SANG is locked up inside jail for some reason?????? 

Thanks.  My poor Sang Sang :tears::bawling:

7 hours ago, lynne22 said:

In My opinion, it was never about Sang Sang, Long Qing just want to push Ning Que's button.... :sweatingbullets: and the only tool he can successfully use is Sang Sang.

I think you are correct.  It's not about SS but finding a way to get at NQ's sore point and let down his guard and that is by bringing up Sang Sang.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Hi Night's lovers:D:D

I heard that NQ-SS will be reunited again in ep 49. so this will be happen on next week.  It took them for so many episodes to be able to see each other again which is I quite disappointed with that. I guess, the director added too many unecessary scene for NQ-MSS. Not sure what's the point of it?! There are so many better line stories can be added but them, aish... (Speechless).

I have been skipping so many scenes after NQ left for wasteland and I just realised that from 40mins per episode, I only watch around 5-10 mins in total. What a pain!! Especially when NQ and MSS chit chat this and that and flirting with each other.

• LOL 4

9 minutes ago, rhaps said:

In my prev post, I made a guess that NQ would meet SS on Thursday. Hehehe..we will see whether this is correct or not :D

Nahh..LQ just wanted to make NQ angry. 

Reveal hidden contents

In epi 37, he wanted to challenge NQ, but NQ kept in refusing no mater how he tried to provoke him. Finally he tried to use SS's name, and it worked. SS was NQ's weakness. And that's also why NQ attacked him (in the novel. Dunno about the drama yet), because NQ realized that LQ knew his weakness

Was there the Emperor and the Empress im epi 43-44? Wait, I remember now, I fast forwarded their scenes :kiss_closed:

To all newcomers, hiii :grin:

Hi back:D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

10 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

I heard that NQ-SS will be reunited again in ep 49. so this will be happen on next week.  It took them for so many episodes to be able to see each other again which is I quite disappointed with that. I guess, the director added too many unecessary scene for NQ-MSS. Not sure what's the point of it?! There are so many better line stories can be added but them, aish... (Speechless).

I have been skipping so many scenes after NQ left for wasteland and I just realised that from 40mins per episode, I only watch around 5-10 mins in total. What a pain!! Especially when NQ and MSS chit chat for this and that and flirting with each other.

I feel the same

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

26 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

I have been skipping so many scenes after NQ left for wasteland and I just realised that from 40mins per episode, I only watch around 5-10 mins in total. What a pain!! Especially when NQ and MSS chit chat for this and that and flirting with each other.

I was wondering about this too.

Based on previews on tencent, NQ returns around ep 48, which is unfortunately a while. Im on ep. 32 so I cant say much about NQ&MSS yet.

Upon judging snippets of preview, there's about 17 episodes of NQ in the wasteland/seperation arc so hopefully I see some progression/character development for both NQ&SS. Im also interested in seeing the Demon sect. 

• Like 4

I read some people says, in the novel, NQ has a thought of marrying MSS as well (he also have intention of marrying sangsang and occationally think of it). But since sangsang is still a kid (underage), therefore he wasnt dare to entertain his wild thoughts nor his filthy thoughts about his little handmaiden. However, I couldnt find anything related to NQ said he wanted to marry MSS. So I kinda surprised:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: but, he indeed had asked SS about MSS, but in my humble opinion, he just wanted to testing the water and see SS's reaction. He also have other intentions which is wanted to know SS's thoughts and reporting to sangsang (as these are his habits) -which these all mentioned in the webnovel. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Snow Guardian said:

I totally agree. It's painful.  I've started watching the drama again after I took a break and I'm just fast forwarding through those scenes. I don't care.  Don't know what the director and screenwriter are thinking wasting our time with these nonsense lovey dovey scenes.  There are so many relevant characters, plot and storyline to cover and it's even worse now there are so few episodes left :rolleyes:

• LOL 3

6 minutes ago, angelangie said:

just as i suspected.....he just wanted to get back at NQ

Based on novel it says, many people including the princess of Tang ans prince LQ, trying hard to find NQ's weakest point. Thus, the princess once said ss is NQ's lifeline which is all of them are wrong. Sangsang is not NQ's lifeline but she is his life. So, prince LQ was quessing the correct one. He found out NQ's weakest point which is sangsang. Therefore, he purposely mentioned sangsang's name and see what's NQ's reaction. Unfortunately, now MSS and LQ knew about NQ's secret that he kept inside his heart. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, raziela said:

I totally agree. It's painful.  I've started watching the drama again after I took a break and I'm just fast forwarding through those scenes. I don't care.  Don't know what the director and screenwriter are thinking wasting our time with these nonsense lovey dovey scenes.  There are so many relevant characters, plot and storyline to cover and it's even worse now there are so few episodes left :rolleyes:

I dont know in the drama there would be any scenes mentioning that while NQ was touring with MSS in chang'an city, in fact, NQ often thinking about his little handmaiden and somehow he feels empty like something important missing inside. So, shippers, you know what it means:D

But, if the director/scriptwriter missing that part, I will be surely pissed off. Because along the drama stories and based on the current development relationships between NQ and SS is already quite confusing. The scriptwriter cant suddenly connected the ideas why NQ chooses SS after those lovey dovey scenes. They have to think about those viewers who are clueless and not reading the novel. So, of course, it would make the drama looks weird and confusing. I feel so lucky because I had finished reading the book in the middle of the drama is airing. So, at least, my poor brain doesnt have to think so hard to figuring out what is happening:D:D

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

3 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i thought u were very proud to announce to me that you didnt even use the FF button on episode 43? lols but i guess when the Emperor and Empress came in that what happen :D 

I was on a roll @angelangie , so happy then started watching episode 44 . It was interesting but then the Emperor and Empress was on screen talking to each other and I was like Ugghhhhhhh . Boring!!!!!! So fast forward. :bawling::bawling: then watched the rest . 

• LOL 2

37 minutes ago, angelangie said:

:) true.....SangSang is not his lifeline she is his LIFE....it was as simple as that...

if SangSang cease to exist in this world....so would be him....she kept him sane and normal....

knowing the weakness will not help either both MSS and LQ.....

MSS will have to give up....as in between SangSang and NingQue there is no possibility of another person in there....if i'm a girl i wont want to be in between a two individual that need each other to exist and to continue breathing......where do you think you will stand? you wont only be at the sidelines you will suffer and sooner or later this feeling will turn into hatred and make yourself ugly.....

LQ had no one questioning him and he had always work to be the best and wanted to be the best...it was his greed that drove him all along....and with NingQue in the picture....he cant have what he hunger for...to take out NingQue he need a pawn and SangSang happen to be the best pawn for him

You are right. Maybe a lot of people have been mesmerised with the appearances of MSS. She looks delicate, perfect , pure, but for me, she is one of the love idiots that NQ often mentioned. Indeed, she is so insensitive and shameless one by forcing NQ to like her or throwing herself in the middle of other people relationships. If I were her, i would at least learn about the situation first and get to know who is sangsang and who is exactly sangsang in NQ's heart and mind.

• Like 4

Sorry I still haven't been able to watch ep 43/44 (cos I'm at work) and I skipped to a scene where SS was clutching her black umbrella in jail..please cmiiw but I remember her giving it to NQ before he left for the wilderness didn't he?? And he used it during battle. How does she have the umbrella back :sweatingbullets:can someone who has watched the full ep please kindly let me know if that's the case or I just skipped a scene where it was given back to her 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

Sorry I still haven't been able to watch ep 43/44 (cos I'm at work) and I skipped to a scene where SS was clutching her black umbrella in jail..please cmiiw but I remember her giving it to NQ before he left for the wilderness didn't he?? And he used it during battle. How does she have the umbrella back :sweatingbullets:can someone who has watched the full ep please kindly let me know if that's the case or I just skipped a scene where it was given back to her 

I was wondering about the same thing too!!! I don't understand without subtitles and just skimmed, is it supposed to be just a regular umbrella or did the production make a mistake?  Also, that whole scene of Sangsang going to say goodbye to Ning Que by giving him the umbrella does not appear in the novel, it's an added SS-NQ scene so I wonder if the production got confused.  I know Sangsang specifically brought a blanket with her to prison in the novel but forgot if it mentioned that she also brought the umbrella.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

I dont know in the drama there would be any scenes mentioning that while NQ was touring with MSS in chang'an city, in fact, NQ often thinking about his little handmaiden and somehow he feels empty like something important missing inside. So, shippers, you know what it means:D

But, if the director/scriptwriter missing that part, I will surely pissed off. Because along the drama stories and based on the current development relationships between NQ and SS is already quite confusing. The scriptwriter cant suddenly connected the ideas why NQ chooses SS after those lovey dovey scenes. They have to think about those viewers who are clueless and not reading the novel. So, of course, it would make the drama looks weird and confusing. I feel so lucky because I had finished reading the book in the middle of the drama is airing. So, at least, my poor brain doesnt have to think so hard to figuring out what is happening:D:D

Agree.  In the novel it's so satisfying how much he thinks about SS even when he is with MSS :D

We talked about it a few pages ago too but it is really confusing how they handling things in the drama. Since the wilderness episodes started it's almost as if MSS is an epic first love and the real female lead  The drama has exaggerated the MSS relationship giving it lots of tropey romantic moments, sidelined SangSang and the NingSang relationship, even changed the dynamic of the NQ/SS relationship compared to the novel.  It will be interesting to see how after all this lovey dovey time wasting they are going to make it convincing in 10 episodes NQ is actually so much in love with SS. 

I do wonder how new fans are understanding some parts of the drama as there is so much to take in and it gets confusing. I can make sense of most of it thanks to the posts from novel readers and I also started skimming through parts of the novel myself but, even then, I still get confused hahaha:lol:

• Like 6

About ep 43

Spoiler

Poor NQ, while he was grieving for his lost of Master YanSe, LL come and intend to kill him on behalf of the Light, sigh. I found how emotional NQ on that scene, his eyes and expression is superb. It think the intimate discussion and briefing between director and the actors so detailed, so that the actors can execute them well.

What i quite dissapointed was the fight scene, it is too simple. Why Lin Ling used his Fu against NQ, while at the end they fight using sword, the Fu just stay there until NQ enormous attack with his Evil Qi. 

I think the evil qi was draining NQ's energy, since he is still weak, so that he looked so pale after killing LL and finally fainted when he met MSS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm watching it on Viki, but haven't watched past episode 30 since episode 31 is still stuck at 97% so can't contribute to the discussion about the newest episode but I wanted to share a picture a fan posted of Chen Feiyu and his mom.

006Igrs4ly1fy4en9hq31j30zk0qo0xa.jpg

You can see that he's inherited a lot of his mom's genes and her smile :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kiara_bleu said:

I was wondering about the same thing too!!! I don't understand without subtitles and just skimmed, is it supposed to be just a regular umbrella or did the production make a mistake?  Also, that whole scene of Sangsang going to say goodbye to Ning Que by giving him the umbrella does not appear in the novel, it's an added SS-NQ scene so I wonder if the production got confused.  I know Sangsang specifically brought a blanket with her to prison in the novel but forgot if it mentioned that she also brought the umbrella.

Haha I think production team just forgot the umbrella is suppose to be with NQ!! UNLESS we have mistaken another weapon for the umbrella? Or maybe NQ got someone to bring the umbrella back to SS out of fear she's in danger? I don't think it would just be another random umbrella cos it wouldn't be powerful like the black one haha. Not sure. I'll have to watch the full epi tonight and find out. :D

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Agree.  In the novel it's so satisfying how much he thinks about SS even when he is with MSS :D

We talked about it a few pages ago too but it is really confusing how they handling things in the drama. Since the wilderness episodes started it's almost as if MSS is an epic first love and the real female lead  The drama has exaggerated the MSS thing, sidelined SangSang and the NingSang relationship, even changed the dynamic of the NQ/SS relationship compared to the novel.  I'm not sure how after all this lovey dovey time wasting they are suddenly going make it convincing in 10 episodes NQ is actually so much in love with SS. 

I do wonder how new fans are understanding some parts of the drama as there is so much to take in and it gets confusing. I can make sense of most of it thanks to the posts from novel readers and I also started skimming through parts of the novel myself but, even then, I still get confused hahaha:lol:

And it's no wonder there's so many MSS shippers for those who haven't read the novel. They make NQ seem so in love with MSS. I watched the preview for the upcoming eps and how 

Spoiler

NQ made glasses/spectacles for MSS to see him clearly. And NQ says 'you can finally see me clearly now' and MSS responds with 'you've always been in my eyes'. I know in the novel they mentioned her eyesight was bad but unsure if NQ actually made her glasses. but that scene was so unnecessary? :huh:

• Sad 4