Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

OKay Okay , Everyone. I did the unthinkable, I skipped. LOL LOL LO JUst couldn't help myself anymore. I Will go back once I have read the part when SS leaves Ning Que... LOL LOL LOL LOL 

As I am reading ch 356 NQ is truly shameless, so glad that SS will make him suffer. LOL LOL LOL LOL 

 @rhaps  @lynne22   Spoiler Alert / Novelllll 

 

  Hide contents

Suddenly, Ning Que raised his head, looked at Sangsang on the opposite side and asked, "Since your childhood, we have discussed what kind of sister-in-law I should find for you."

Sangsang put her bowl on the table lightly and looked over and corrected him, "That's young mistress."

"That kind of appellation was used after we left the City of Wei."

Ning Que burst into laughter at the thought of their past experiences of going to the House of Red Sleeves to select girls together with Sangsang. Then, he finally understood why he felt empty these days. It was because he had not asked for somebody's advice, or reported to somebody, or perhaps he wanted to hear something that could please him.

He looked at Sangsang and seriously asked, "What do you think of Mo Shanshan?"

Sangsang earnestly looked into his eyes, and after a long time, she raised her bowl again and answered, "Good."

Looking at the little girl who almost buried her face in the rice, Ning Que asked curiously, "Very good?"

Sangsang raised her face from the bowl and said, "Very good."

Watching her crystal eyes, her soft yellowish hair, her little darkish face and the rice pasted on her cheeks, Ning Que sank into silence for a long time and then smiled without saying anything.

"Nothing, I was just asking."

 

Funniest thing, He asks her her opinion of Mo Shan Shan , the answer he wanted she didn't give it to him. SO  another big misunderstanding just happen. HE sure did not lke her answer. THat is why he said she was still a child. smh smh 

 

Thanks!

I think I missed this part in the novel :P, somehow. Yeah, he seemed to expect a different answer, like expected her to be jealous or anything, but she didn't. So he misunderstood.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm mostly OK with the changes made in ep 47/48. Overall the tone is lighter more comedic but there are some moments that convey similar feelings to the novel.  I think they are holding back on the fe

Happy New Year  Ever Night Fans @epinklyn @Wotad @n3bula @angelangie @lynne22 @raziela @greenwatch08 @mei2018 @dzareth @LeeN  @ningsangcpp @littlemissmiss @toninha @Snow Guardian @Cheng Chao @pangia @

I hope on the main cast, there won't be any replacement.. but I agree we won't know for sure until the season has ended. It'll be sad tho if it really happen.. SO, I'm trying not to think about i

39 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Jiahhhhh

Anyway, the drama really makes NQ more annoying than in the novel *sigh*.  And sorry to say, the drama SS is weaker compared to the novel. SS novel can not be easily bullied by NQ. A lot of fans must be annoyed 

 

Btw, is there an english sub (a real english sub) for that spoiler?

English sub for the spoiler: (sorry my translations arent that great  but its as close as i can get haha :D

Spoiler

SS to her parents: Are there still high court officials sons  that haven't married yet?

SS dad: yes yes yes!

SS dad: Daughter, coincidentally a few days ago a few friends of mine in court have asked for your shen chen ba zi (or four pillars of destiny) 

SS mum: There are still lots of qualified unmarried men 

SS: IM GOING TO MARRY

NQ: How old are you even!? You're not allowed to get married!

SS: I heard, in Da He country, women can get married at 14 years old.

NQ: This is the country of Tang. You're a Tang person.

SS: Im already 16 years old, according to our Tang laws, i CAN marry

NQ: You're black and so skinny, which prince would want to marry you?

SS: My dad is a high ranked scholar, i am also a close friend of the princess AND i am the student of the high priestess of light (WGM). Most importantly I have 10,000 in cash. How dare you say no one wants to marry me? 

NQ: Just thinking about the money makes me full of anger..who told you to split the money evenly? Do you really want to tear apart this family?

SS: Don't talk about these useless things! We should talk about arranging my marriage instead.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

English sub for the spoiler: (sorry my translations arent that great  but its as close as i can get haha :D

  Hide contents

SS to her parents: Are there still high court officials sons  that haven't married yet?

SS dad: yes yes yes!

SS dad: Daughter, coincidentally a few days ago a few friends of mine in court have asked for your shen chen ba zi (or four pillars of destiny) 

SS mum: There are still lots of qualified unmarried men 

SS: IM GOING TO MARRY

NQ: How old are you even!? You're not allowed to get married!

SS: I heard, in Da He country, women can get married at 14 years old.

NQ: This is the country of Tang. You're a Tang person.

SS: Im already 16 years old, according to our Tang laws, i CAN marry

NQ: You're black and so skinny, which prince would want to marry you?

SS: My dad is a high ranked scholar, i am also a close friend of the princess AND i am the student of the high priestess of light (WGM). Most importantly I have 10,000 in cash. How dare you say no one wants to marry me? 

NQ: Just thinking about the money makes me full of anger..who told you to split the money evenly? Do you really want to tear apart this family?

SS: Don't talk about these useless things! We should talk about arranging my marriage instead.

 

 

I love you!!!! :wub: Question?

Spoiler

Is that her real parents (I know, dumb me! LOL) or good-natured people who adopted our baby SangSang?

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

English sub for the spoiler: (sorry my translations arent that great  but its as close as i can get haha :D

  Hide contents

SS to her parents: Are there still high court officials sons  that haven't married yet?

SS dad: yes yes yes!

SS dad: Daughter, coincidentally a few days ago a few friends of mine in court have asked for your shen chen ba zi (or four pillars of destiny) 

SS mum: There are still lots of qualified unmarried men 

SS: IM GOING TO MARRY

NQ: How old are you even!? You're not allowed to get married!

SS: I heard, in Da He country, women can get married at 14 years old.

NQ: This is the country of Tang. You're a Tang person.

SS: Im already 16 years old, according to our Tang laws, i CAN marry

NQ: You're black and so skinny, which prince would want to marry you?

SS: My dad is a high ranked scholar, i am also a close friend of the princess AND i am the student of the high priestess of light (WGM). Most importantly I have 10,000 in cash. How dare you say no one wants to marry me? 

NQ: Just thinking about the money makes me full of anger..who told you to split the money evenly? Do you really want to tear apart this family?

SS: Don't talk about these useless things! We should talk about arranging my marriage instead.

 

 

Thanks ! *LOL*

They show all the dialogues in the novel, that's great :P . Cant wait to see that. I think that should be next week, I guess, if the drama dont add more things, that is *sigh* 

 

@stucked, yes..novel SS is cool. When NQ-SS fight, she can control the situation because NQ is the one who is emotional, while she is just calm and cold . Sigh. We'll see how it is in the drama

Just now, stucked said:

I love you!!!! :wub: Question? Is that her real parents (I know, dumb me! LOL) or good-natured people who adopted our baby SangSang?

 



They are her real parents

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, epinklyn said:

 

@lynne22 yes, i think i remember in the novel that LinLing also managed to escape after NQ hurt him a lot in the chapter Horse Gang attack. But i havent read it further more. 

 

He still killed him after though.  NQ tricked him into giving him solace if he'll tell who commanded the attacked. But after he told NQ, he still cut off his head in the camp. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@stuckedthe IG video you posted is by @pangia.  She is also a visitor of this thread.  She makes beautiful m/v's on YT with username silverpaj5. That was one funny video.:joy:

This is a beautiful m/v by her on our OTP

CR:PANJIA

Last nite episodes were ok.  Ep.41 was heartbreaking as the masters are gone and in EP.42 there were hardly any scenes of SS.  Looking forward tonite's episodes.

 

 

  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to keep up with this thread but yall go so fast so i wanna know about 3rd sister and the devil sect can someone answer some of this.

 

Spoiler

In the novel the demon sect is evil and hated by everyone but whats Ning Que's thoughts on them??

 

Also how strong is 3rd sister?

 

Does does Ning Que ever fight anyone from the Academy? When everyone is after SS who does he fight.

 

 

 

DtrxrarWoAEWCss.jpg

 

This is the best ning que has looked. 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

@stuckedthe IG video you posted is by @pangia.  She is also a visitor of this thread.  She makes beautiful m/v's on YT with username silverpaj5. That was one funny video.:joy:

This is a beautiful m/v by her on our OTP

CR:PANJIA

Last nite episodes were ok.  Ep.41 was heartbreaking as the masters are gone and in EP.42 there were hardly any scenes of SS.  Looking forward tonite's episodes.

 

 

Ooooooh!!!! She is @pangia here. :D I'm a fan. Hahaha.

 

And @Wotad, about 3rd sr sis, @lynne22 and @nnnju has lots of insights about her. And it was posted on pages  57-58.. :D 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rhaps said:

Thanks!

I think I missed this part in the novel :P, somehow. Yeah, he seemed to expect a different answer, like expected her to be jealous or anything, but she didn't. So he misunderstood.

I r3ad this part multiple times and my understanding are with you all. NQ wants her to get Jealous or something. Hahahahaha. Or at least he expect SS to say she doesn't like her and will give him reason to br3ak up with MSS. Hahhaha

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, thartie said:

I r3ad this part multiple times and my understanding are with you all. NQ wants her to get Jealous or something. Hahahahaha. 

It's that obvious, actually. .. with the way he watched her carefully and that long silence. He was waiting for another reaction from her, but there was none, so that just meant that she wasnt interested (in him). I could be mistaken too, if I were him .. and we know that men are much more dense than women, in term of interpreting implicit/hidden emotions .

 

Now I wish the drama doesnt change that, like how they make him more annoying and rude to SS. Small scenes like this are actually important to show how his mental state is and how he really feels. If they are not shown properly, than it won't be believable, when one day he chooses SS.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rhaps said:

It's that obvious, actually. .. with the way he watched her carefully and that long silence. He was waiting for another reaction from her, but there was none, so that just meant that she wasnt interested (in him). I could be mistaken too, if I were him .. and we know that men are much more dense than women, in term of interpreting implicit/hidden emotions .

 

Now I wish the drama doesnt change that, like how they make him more annoying and rude to SS. Small scenes like this are actually important to show how his mental state is and how he really feels. If they are not shown properly, than it won't be believable, when one day he chooses SS.

I know! He watched her for a loooooonnnngggg time waiting for a different reaction. But SS being slow, did not even realize the implication of her answer. I'm pretty sure that NQ was waiting for her to say No, that she doesn't like her so he has reason to say no too to MSS. After all,  he just said Yes to be her BF out of consideration of her feeling..

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 12:05 AM, epinklyn said:

Thx thx thx a lotttttt @satanghaesolim, yeah you're right, especially when 

 

  Hide contents

NQ was starving and remember how was good if SS made him hot n sour noodle soup *CMIIW, and after he eat from CPP's frozen-like-rock hot and sour soup, he still remember of SS, how it should be better when there is SS right now, and then NQ went Breaking the Realm! 

 

And after he shot LQ, he stated that SS is his life.

 

It was so hillarious seeing NQ avoid LQ's battle request, and runaway from YHY, he was so 没有脸, he knew it was the right way because his cultivation skill still far from LQ and he obey what Master YanSe said. I think i never saw Hero's character like this LOL. But when it's time to save someone, he's not afraid of losing his life. 

 

 

 

I love what his character knows who he can beat or not and wont just act arrogant and stupid like characters in recent wuxia.

 

 

 

On 12/6/2018 at 3:30 PM, pad-hari said:

The bts.  They r cute:love::love::wub:

 

Cr: uploader

 

Love the song at end of the first video what is it.

49 minutes ago, stucked said:

Ooooooh!!!! She is @pangia here. :D I'm a fan. Hahaha.

 

And @Wotad, about 3rd sr sis, @lynne22 and @nnnju has lots of insights about her. And it was posted on pages  57-58.. :D 

 

Yeah i did read that wanna know more xd 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

SS is such a sweetheart and it's ashame that the only characters that seems remotely interested in her are sleazeballs(ex:awful 3rd prince/pretentious LQ), while NQ's potential partners/romantic interests are a bunch of pretty fairmaidens/cultivators that fawns over him.

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

SS is such a sweetheart and it's ashame that the only characters that seems remotely interested in her are sleazeballs(ex:awful 3rd prince/pretentious LQ), while NQ's potential partners/romantic interests are a bunch of pretty fairmaidens/cultivators that fawns over him.

It's even worse in the novel. SS is described as small, cute, dark, skinny with yellowish hair ..until some time later when she becomes taller. And there is no 3rd Prince fawning over her (there was a sleazy monk, then he died, but there is no other decent young men in this story other than NQ anyway). Still, what I like about her is she is cool and, behind those seemed to be weak appearence, she is very stubborn and smart, so that even NQ couldnt win her over an argument/fight. 

 

SS in the drama actually has fairer skin,  I think this is one of the time when I dont agree with the Director (?) , with the 'spicing things up' between NQ-SS-MSS. SS is weaker and too soft-hearted, while NQ is so rude to her and more flirty to MSS. I'd say that MSS is the one who is more likeable here (for non NingSang, of course), since she is so lovely and gentle and captivates some viewers. Too bad, though

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, rhaps said:

It's even worse in the novel. SS is described as small, cute, dark, skinny with yellowish hair ..until some time later when she becomes taller. And there is no 3rd Prince fawning over her (there was a sleazy monk, then he died, but there is no other decent young men in this story other than NQ anyway). Still, what I like about her is she is cool and, behind those seemed to be weak appearence, she is very stubborn and smart, so that even NQ couldnt win her over an argument/fight. 

 

SS in the drama actually has fairer skin,  I think this is one of the time when I dont agree with the Director (?) , with the 'spicing things up' between NQ-SS-MSS. SS is weaker and too soft-hearted, while NQ is so rude to her and more flirty to MSS. I'd say that MSS is the one who is more likeable here (for non NingSang, of course), since she is so lovely and gentle and captivates some viewers. Too bad, though

 

 

NQ/MSS looks nice onscreen, although I havent watched far enough to judge their interactions. I've seen clips & MSS seems like fairly good person(this isnt a jab at her). Moreso, the treatment of SS. I hope she gets the character development she deserves. It'd been fine to have noone interested in SS(besides NQ). Seeing the 3rd Prince trying to get all handsy w/SS irks me. He's a waste of airtime.

SS is too precious/good for any sleazeball.

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I consider my self a Wuxia Lover i watch all Wuxia and at least give them a ago.

 

Ashes of Love i stopped around episode 35 - I will Finish eventually but the book readers in that thread put me off.

MA and fight breaks sphere - I quit early on something about them is just not right for me , MA had the annoying sister and fight breaks sphere is decent but the writing is cringe.

 

The flame daughter -  i did not connect with at all.

Blood Romance - is sort of a Wuxia its pretty good and ill Finish.

Legend of Fuyao - I liked and will finish eventually but it got lost 3/4 the way in and had a disaster and dull like 15 episodes. 

Cinderella Chef - Just to basic for me it had nothing new or interesting the leads were pretty good though.

Legend of Yun Xi - I got spoiled something so watching it put me off ill most likely get around to watching it again.

The Eternal Love 2 - Just a mess dont like how they did this season at all, will still most likely finish it though. 

An Oriental Odyssey - I quit this drama im not sure if ill go back im really not a fan of this detective police crap.

 

Ever Night is better than all of these for me and its by alot, has the best acting and less annoying characters around the MC , also most of these are novels and it was adapted the best. 

 

Even though i have not finished all these drama's i rank them.

 

Ever Night

Bloody Romance

Legend of Fuyao

Legend of Yun Xi

Eternal Love 2 , not a huge fan but will still finish it . 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rhaps said:

It's that obvious, actually. .. with the way he watched her carefully and that long silence. He was waiting for another reaction from her, but there was none, so that just meant that she wasnt interested (in him). I could be mistaken too, if I were him .. and we know that men are much more dense than women, in term of interpreting implicit/hidden emotions .

 

Yeupp... agree with you... NQ kept waiting for SS's response..... Sigh........... but ah how can She respond?... at this time.. I think NQ is also a bit insensitive because he's more preoccupied with himself.. he never ask about what SS went through when he's gone... so the event when SS leaves him, will be a big big wake up call for him. [In the book]

 

4 hours ago, rhaps said:

Jiahhhhh

Anyway, the drama really makes NQ more annoying than in the novel *sigh*.  And sorry to say, the drama SS is weaker compared to the novel. SS novel can not be easily bullied by NQ. A lot of fans must be annoyed 

 

LOL... So far I'm still fine with this SS... NQ is still OK.... but I think the script writer overdid it with NQ-MSS scene... the additional scenes is unnecessary... :( Like here I am trying to be neutral.. because book NQ is more neutral.. and then....the drama just have to make NQ to be very very flattered like that... Its hard to watch... Sigh...

 

@Wotad

 

Spoiler

In the novel the demon sect is evil and hated by everyone but whats Ning Que's thoughts on them??

- Demon sect and normal cult is just a method of gaining power for NQ. He's cautious but doesn't hate them. NQ will be joining the Demon cult later on.

 

Also how strong is 3rd sister?

- Very strong. She's only slightly below Eldest brother, Xiling's headmaster (the guy with the sun mask) can't beat her. 

Of the known power level of this universe, Divine knowing destiny is the highest that we know of right? after this.. the next one is No Rule Level. 

Currently (in season 1) even tho Eldest brother has not learned to fight yet, He's already in the No Rule Level. Yu Lian the 3rd and Jun Mo the 2nd brother,  sister has not reached this level yet.  

 

Does does Ning Que ever fight anyone from the Academy?

- Never... 

 

When everyone is after SS who does he fight?

- The ones that chased them comes from Xiling, Buddhism sect, and other various country and sect allied with Xiling.

MSS's sect is more neutral.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lynne22 said:

Yeupp... agree with you... NQ kept waiting for SS's response..... Sigh........... but ah how can She respond?... at this time.. I think NQ is also a bit insensitive because he's more preoccupied with himself.. he never ask about what SS went through when he's gone... so the event when SS leaves him, will be a big big wake up call for him. [In the book]

 

 

LOL... So far I'm still fine with this SS... NQ is still OK.... but I think the script writer overdid it with NQ-MSS scene... the additional scenes is unnecessary... :( Like here I am trying to be neutral.. because book NQ is more neutral.. and then....the drama just have to make NQ to be very very flattered like that... Its hard to watch... Sigh...

 

@Wotad

  Hide contents

In the novel the demon sect is evil and hated by everyone but whats Ning Que's thoughts on them??

- Demon sect and normal cult is just a method of gaining power for NQ. He's cautious but doesn't hate them. NQ will be joining the Demon cult later on.

 

Also how strong is 3rd sister?

- Very strong. She's only slightly below Eldest brother, Xiling's headmaster (the guy with the sun mask) can't beat her. 

Of the known power level of this universe, Divine knowing destiny is the highest that we know of right? after this.. the next one is No Rule Level. 

Currently (in season 1) even tho Eldest brother has not learned to fight yet, He's already in the No Rule Level. Yu Lian the 3rd and Jun Mo the 2nd brother,  sister has not reached this level yet.  

 

Does does Ning Que ever fight anyone from the Academy?

- Never... 

 

When everyone is after SS who does he fight?

- The ones that chased them comes from Xiling, Buddhism sect, and other various country and sect allied with Xiling.

MSS's sect is more neutral.

 

 

 

 

 

Spoiler

Yes i love MC's joining the "evil" people i sort of wish he did fight some people from academy but thats just because im sad xd 

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

MSS is actually nice. I’m watching episode 34 right now and I find her very likable. I enjoyed her exchange of thinly veiled hostile words with Flower maniac. I like both her and SS but I like that NQ will choose SS eventually because I like the closeness between NQ and SS. 

 

I binged watched ten episodes today and I just love the camaraderie of the twelve brothers and sisters with NQ. They really look out for him and treat him well. Same with Yan Se and NQ. Loved their interactions so much. Now it’s SS and WGM that’s stirring my heartstrings. Such an interesting story. I really like the complexity of the characters especially those in Tang. They’re more open minded in their thinking and actions in terms of the way they view individuals and their motives. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I consider my self a Wuxia Lover i watch all Wuxia and at least give them a ago.

 

Ashes of Love i stopped around episode 35 - I will Finish eventually but the book readers in that thread put me off.

MA and fight breaks sphere - I quit early on something about them is just not right for me , MA had the annoying sister and fight breaks sphere is decent but the writing is cringe.

 

The flame daughter -  i did not connect with at all.

Blood Romance - is sort of a Wuxia its pretty good and ill Finish.

Legend of Fuyao - I liked and will finish eventually but it got lost 3/4 the way in and had a disaster and dull like 15 episodes. 

Cinderella Chef - Just to basic for me it had nothing new or interesting the leads were pretty good though.

Legend of Yun Xi - I got spoiled something so watching it put me off ill most likely get around to watching it again.

The Eternal Love 2 - Just a mess dont like how they did this season at all, will still most likely finish it though. 

An Oriental Odyssey - I quit this drama im not sure if ill go back im really not a fan of this detective police crap.

 

Ever Night is better than all of these for me and its by alot, has the best acting and less annoying characters around the MC , also most of these are novels and it was adapted the best. 

 

Even though i have not finished all these drama's i rank them.

 

Ever Night

Bloody Romance

Legend of Fuyao

Legend of Yun Xi

Eternal Love 2 , not a huge fan but will still finish it . 

 

LOL from your list, the only one I watch was Ashes of Love.. and yeah.. the thread put me off during the airing... :joy: I only went there after its done airing.. 

Ever Night is a better adaptation compare to all the book to drama I've seen in recent years... I have to give the credit to the directors. She have visions...... :wub: 

Great cinematography... and amazing wuxia fighting scene .... :wub:

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...