[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

19 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

I agree...maybe the director wanted to show how angry, desperate, and not in control of his emotions NQ is after Sangsang left?  In the novel its all about the thoughts going through his mind so that's kind hard to convey on screen.  NQ was realizing that Sangsang has grown up and kind of wishes she isn't cause that means she can do things like get married and leave him.  Maybe the director felt considering the actor for NQ is so young he can't really show that yet through just his face and body expression so maybe make it more clear with his actions?

Also, isn't there a preview scene that looks like the rest of that argument where Sangsang is sitting down while NQ is kneeling in front of her holding her hand, which she then pulls away?  I really love the imagery of that where he is in a weaker more submissive position than her, probably for the first time in their lives.

I think showing NQ slightly raising his hand in an effort to 'disclipine' SS but decides pulling it back to his side would be a perfect execution.

This way, it would illustrate his disjointed/flowing thoughts & his newfound emotions towards SS, but also shows that NQ doesnt want to handle SS & the situation in this physical manner, but through conversation(like in the webnovel). 

Same, the idea of NQ being vulnerable + soft w/ SS makes me swoon.

• Like 5

I think in the preview where NQ is saying his bye byes to MSS he doesn't look like he's regretting saying bye

Looks more like he feels sorry or bad for her. I mean the poor girl was going to go home and he dragged her all the way to Tang only to reject her :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

lols burning ppl mansion is not cool lols....however he is frustrated and he doesnt care how unreasonable or beyond believe when he said that....

what the chinese always said 'Ba Dao' - 霸道 - overbearing....

@angelangie... He is overbearing, he is so protective of Sang Sang and with his mentality that “SHE IS HIS/MINE ” like he told LQ I episode 19 . His expression of seeing Sang Sang run to him is priceless and reveals how much he cares for her

giphy.gif

• Like 2

https://youtu.be/5c0KU01SBh8

In the link above its a SS VS MSS and who NQs true love is and who he actually cares about. It's so damn hilarious and literally the video editor put side by side the way NQ treats SS and cares about her so much VS MSS. Like everytime there's danger NQ would never ever think about leaving SS side he just jumps in to protect her whereas with MSS when they're in danger in the wilderness he's always the first to be running away and going go protect yourself HAHAHA. This video brings me so much joy and reassurance. I think we've been swamped with too much lovey dovey scenes between NQ and MSS that i forget how good NQ treated SS and cares for her haha. 

• LOL 6

43 minutes ago, angelangie said:

lols burning ppl mansion is not cool lols....however he is frustrated and he doesnt care how unreasonable or beyond believe when he said that....

what the chinese always said 'Ba Dao' - 霸道 - overbearing....

I though it's cool when he said it. Hahaha. He is rough and I like it. Lol

41 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

I think in the preview where NQ is saying his bye byes to MSS he doesn't look like he's regretting saying bye

Looks more like he feels sorry or bad for her. I mean the poor girl was going to go home and he dragged her all the way to Tang

Spoiler

only to reject her :P

I beg to differ. He did not invite her to Chang'an. It was the First Brother who invited her and she oblige herself because she wanted to see SS face to face and wanted to know what is so special about her that NQ always mention her name. Check out below chingu. :)

Spoiler

There was a horse carriage outside the Lin 47th Street.

Mo Shanshan sat by the window and peered at the Old Brush Pen Shop through the curtain. The doors to the shop were not closed and she could clearly see what was happening in the shop. She saw many things and many nuances.

Her expression was calm as usual. However, her lashes fluttered slightly.

She had seen the Chicken Soup Calligraphy, and had also imagined many things about that boy due to that calligraphy. She had even begun to like the boy even before she met him due to the calligraphy. She had been very familiar with the name at the beginning of the calligraphy since summer of last year.

She even understood the importance of that name before Ning Que had. Therefore, she had ruminated over it several times in the Wilderness, and it was also the reason why she had to meet Sangsang.

She had met Sangsang on the first day they entered Chang'an. Beyond her expectation, Sangsang was a very ordinary handmaiden. Then, she saw Sangsang again today.

The Sangsang she saw today was one that interacted with Ning Que alone.

She looked at Ning Que and Sangsang who were eating in the Old Brush Pen Shop. Mo Shanshan finally believed that the two had already formed a world belonging to them many years ago. To them, everyone else in the world was outsiders, and any affairs of the world did not affect them either. It was difficult to leave even a trace in that world.

They were like eyes and lashes. It was just that the eyes would not usually see the lashes and the lashes would not fall into the eyes. However, they would notice the existence of each other when a wind blew from a world outside theirs.

"But I am a hill, not a wind."

Mo Shanshan pulled down the curtains slowly and handed a letter to Zhuo Zhihua who was sitting beside her.

Zhuo Zhihua said hesitantly, "Are we going to leave Chang'an just like that?"

Mo Shanshan said calmly, "After all, it was Mr. First who had invited me. We shall head to the Academy in the south and meet him before leaving."

Zhuo Zhihua sighed and did not try to change her mind. She took the letter and got off the horse carriage.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

https://youtu.be/5c0KU01SBh8

In the link above its a SS VS MSS and who NQs true love is and who he actually cares about. It's so damn hilarious and literally the video editor put side by side the way NQ treats SS and cares about her so much VS MSS. Like everytime there's danger NQ would never ever think about leaving SS side he just jumps in to protect her whereas with MSS when they're in danger in the wilderness he's always the first to be running away and going go protect yourself HAHAHA. This video brings me so much joy and reassurance. I think we've been swamped with too much lovey dovey scenes between NQ and MSS that i forget how good NQ treated SS and cares for her haha. 

OMQ! That compilation is hilarious as well as your comments! In was giggling throughout the whole video and while reading this! Hahahhaha..you made my day! :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, thartie said:

Basically, it just mean he cannot cultivate due to his account being blocked. Whenever he tried doing it, he gets hurt himself. So when he gets into fight with real cultivator, he gets defeated right away. And also, nobody sees him before in real combat. Every time he did it, he always made it a secret and cover his face so nobody will know that it was him. So nobdy really knew what he is capable of except SS and The fish gangs and their leader. 

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

He is a weak cultivator, but a very strong fighter. If he fights against ordinary guys -> wins. If he fights against cultivators -> mostly loose, although he wins sometimes. Although he is very talented , smart and his progress is really fast (so that even YHY is wary of him), but he is still a beginner. MSS and YHY have been studying since they were kids, but NQ has only learned to be a cultivator for less than 2 years. Everytime he reaches a new stage, he has to face a much stronger opponent ..and the opponents just get stronger everytime . So, he is indeed weak. 

Thx @thartie and @rhaps for the explanation.

So because NQ learn to cultivate when he already in Jiang Hu, so everytime he kill or beat someone, his name will pop up and invite another opponent, more over NQ is the only FuZi disciple that still live in city not in the back of mountain like his brothers n sisters. And of course being famous as Mr. Thirteen beating LQ and loved by Emperor, the only disciple of Master Yanse, no wonder so many opponent attracted, poor NQ. He is not looking for trouble, but trouble find him. I wonder what will happen when XiLing and YanGuo know that NQ destroyed LQ, i havent read the novel yet.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, angelangie said:

Yes exactly.....

Hide contents

when he got home the very thing he thought about is SangSang as he can't sleep....the travel and the adventure was good for him....he managed to levitate himself into many different level however he cant have a good night sleep.....

he was eager to get home because he wanted to see SangSang....he just didnt attribute that to the part that SangSang meant more to him than that till Mo ShanShan fall into the picture again......and he didnt know about how lonely SangSang is....all left alone thru out he was out there levitating himself into different level......till after he came home from where SangSang run off too......and couldnt managed to get SangSang to return with him on the first run....

when he came home to the house where both him and SangSang stay.....it was so quiet....and so unhomely that he went out to drink again....and that was when he will bump into FuZi......

Yeah, he thought that the house is as lonely as a graveyard. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Thx @thartie and @rhaps for the explanation.

So because NQ learn to cultivate when he already in Jiang Hu, so everytime he kill or beat someone, his name will pop up and invite another opponent, more over NQ is the only FuZi disciple that still live in city not in the back of mountain like his brothers n sisters. And of course being famous as Mr. Thirteen beating LQ and loved by Emperor, the only disciple of Master Yanse, no wonder so many opponent attracted, poor NQ. He is not looking for trouble, but trouble find him. I wonder what will happen when XiLing and YanGuo know that NQ destroyed LQ, i havent read the novel yet.

You should read the novel first. Hahahha. That's what I did. I stopped watching the drama at episode 19 and just went ahead to read the novel. Now I got a better understanding of what's going on and not gets frustrated of what's happening in the show. After all, I love spoiling myself too. Hahahaha

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

22 minutes ago, thartie said:

You should read the novel first. Hahahha. That's what I did. I stopped watching the drama at episode 19 and just went ahead to read the novel. Now I got a better understanding of what's going on and not gets frustrated of what's happening in the show. After all, I love spoiling myself too. Hahahaha

LOL you are right, but i just cant read on gadget too long hiks, so i become LiManMan for this. And i cant stop watching EN even they are still raw, i got poisoned by CFY charm, and can only be cured by watching him LOL #shameless.

Btw this in bts for one of my fav scene! Debate scene between NQ vs Qu Ni Master to save MSS, CFY really did a great job. Maybe someone can translate this one or find the engsub for all the bts LOL.

https://youtu.be/hzRqwW_kZg0

Edited by epinklyn
Adding something
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

When reading the novel, i always had a feeling than MSS is actually more interested in the mysterious SS, that the author of the calligraphy wrote of so affectionately. It just happens that NQ is quite a nice lad she got distracted from SS :D. Afterall, almost everyone who learned to know SS went on liking her, while NQ put many people off. 

To those who can read Chinese, in the chapter when NQ finally foung SS at her parents', the novel was translated at "NQ has never beaten SS" or something like that. Can someone confirm whether the translation is talking about beat (strike/hit) or beat (defeat someone)? 

I think the novel successfully established that NQ/SS are equals. After all, SS calling NQ young master only began when they left Wei city. That is why NQ describes that when SS calls him Xiao Ye it is always with disdain, not with affection. But tv SS was established as NQ's maid from the beginning, so SS is perceived as lesser status than NQ. The changes made to the tv series will, while i understand their intention, will affect the presentation of the NQ-SS dynamics. It also affects how others see them too. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, dzareth said:

When reading the novel, i always had a feeling than MSS is actually more interested in the mysterious SS, that the author of the calligraphy wrote of so affectionately. It just happens that NQ is quite a nice lad she got distracted from SS :D. Afterall, almost everyone who learned to know SS went on liking her, while NQ put many people off. 

To those who can read Chinese, in the chapter when NQ finally foung SS at her parents', the novel was translated at "NQ has never beaten SS" or something like that. Can someone confirm whether the translation is talking about beat (strike/hit) or beat (defeat someone)? 

I think the novel successfully established that NQ/SS are equals. After all, SS calling NQ young master only began when they left Wei city. That is why NQ describes that when SS calls him Xiao Ye it is always with disdain, not with affection. But tv SS was established as NQ's maid from the beginning, so SS is perceived as lesser status than NQ. The changes made to the tv series will, while i understand their intention, will affect the presentation of the NQ-SS dynamics. It also affects how others see them too. 

I agree. It reads differently as a webnovel in comparison to onscreen. Im not familiar w/ the webnovel, although Ive browse snippets of it here. Most of my judgement/critiques are solely based on the drama.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dzareth said:

Can someone confirm whether the translation is talking about beat (strike/hit) or beat (defeat someone)? 

@dzareth  He means strike/hit but I cal it disciplining Sang Sang because she is defeats him with words. She is the brain in the family and is always giving him good advice that can help him.  I think reading the novel can give you more insight about them. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Judging from the spoilers, the webnovel perfectly illustrates his mental growth/thought process & he realizes that SS isnt a child anymore. He sees her as an adult, his equal. That's why he chooses not to 'hit' her like he used when SS was a child. 

In the drama, NQ appears 'disciplining' SS, which gives the idea that he still sees SS whom he still has a familial/young master&handmaiden relationship w/ instead at this point, should go beyond that. This thwarts his 'character development,' an important aspect which needs to be shown onscreen so the viewers can see the change/progression in NQ's attitude/behavior towards SS.

Btw, this is a criticism of the direction, not NQ as a character. The webnovel reads well, so this idea of 'growth' needs to be translated well onscreen.

Great post! You articulated this issue with the scene and the problem with how it portrays the characters and their relationship. And, yes, this is the director at fault rather than NQ's character.

2 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

I think showing NQ slightly raising his hand in an effort to 'disclipine' SS but decides pulling it back to his side would be a perfect execution.

This way, it would illustrate his disjointed/flowing thoughts & his newfound emotions towards SS, but also shows that NQ doesnt want to handle SS & the situation in this physical manner, but through conversation(like in the webnovel). 

Agree. I think that would have been a better way to handle the moment and their emotions.

2 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:

Also, isn't there a preview scene that looks like the rest of that argument where Sangsang is sitting down while NQ is kneeling in front of her holding her hand, which she then pulls away?  I really love the imagery of that where he is in a weaker more submissive position than her, probably for the first time in their lives.

Yes! I truly can't wait to see this part of the scene. Seeing NQ as the vulnerable, submissive one in the relationship for once and having to face up to the realisation that Sang Sang is leaving him. 

• Like 4

@UnniSarah LOL I’m not sure either hehe...  But its a pretty picture.. so I thought why not share it :D

I’m not sure how the c-net make that kind of poster, but I notice that its usually the actor’s studio or the drama studio that posted them. (I need someone to correct me in this one) LOL

Here’s 2 more of

Ning Que 

Spoiler

885539f5ly1fy1w13sthbj20ty1c816h.jpg

And eldest brother, Li Manman (I think I sorta have a crush on this actor haha :P)

Spoiler

6f340930gy1fy0qs36n7rj20u01hc4qp.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

3 billion views.. :wub:

(this is also an excuse for me to share this picture) :D

Here’s the original picture without any logos hehe.....

Hide contents

DuDEnrLU0AA5BrN.jpg

Great news they have reached 3 billion views! Thanks for sharing the posters :heart:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2