[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

4 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

Hide contents

Also, I wonder what this scene is about , I saw this in the "Heart Shaped Universe" MV,,, and this particular scene lingers... :tears: I don't think this scene is aired yet right?

Hide contents

giphy.gif

It was on ep 5 or 6 when NQ n SS witnessed 小黑 dead body being dragged by the imperial guard. On the night while NQ brush the blood trail on his main door, SS found small pocket about Lin General Massacre investigation left by 小黑 for NQ. After that NQ rushed to the crime scene and picturized how 小黑 dead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@epinklyn :wub: Thanks..... awww I mush have forgotten that.... LoL. Ah I'm glad its not a sad moment then. 

34 minutes ago, rhaps said:

The fact that I've watched the raws first also help, actually. I've watched them and have known what was going to happen, then have done the discussions, etc2. So , when I rewatched it, I knew what was going to happen and just fast forward what I didnt like. I was previously disappointed with the battle in the wilderness, coz it should be a lot fierce in the novel. Then I rewatched it and lowered down my expectation, and, yeah, it still felt good. 

LoL... Yeah, The horse gang arc feels too short, I don't feel pressured like in the book. But,  I like the final scene of NQ and Lin Ling's battle.. that was amazingly good! The sound effect when the swords meet.. is :lol: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

51 minutes ago, rhaps said:

So that I dont have to remember that the OTP is not supposed to be them :joy: 

Ohhh I love the action parts (you know which one ..*wink wink*) ..although it's not the same as it was in the book. I've watched that part several times already. 

The fact that I've watched the raws first also help, actually. I've watched them and have known what was going to happen, then have done the discussions, etc2. So , when I rewatched it, I knew what was going to happen and just fast forward what I didnt like. I was previously disappointed with the battle in the wilderness, coz it should be a lot fierce in the novel. Then I rewatched it and lowered down my expectation, and, yeah, it still felt good. 

LOL i have the same exactly habit as you @rhaps! The days without EN, i fill it with rewatched my fav scenes and eps with engsub.

17 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

@epinklyn :wub: Thanks..... awww I mush have forgotten that.... LoL. Ah I'm glad its not a sad moment then. 

LoL... Yeah, The horse gang arc feels too short, I don't feel pressured like in the book. But,  I like the final scene of NQ and Lin Ling's battle.. that was amazingly good! The sound effect when the swords meet.. is :lol: 

Ya i like the sound effect especially when NQ's fire sword get on LL' shield, i think i hear "死吧“ or "JEDAAARRR" sumthing like that LOL. And the final scene when MSS send Talisman Fu to help NQ, he also give the best expression and screammmmm like he got tremendous power and he cant hold it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, Daylight Chang said:

My opinion on Ning Que hitting Sang Sang: Although I also don't like it and think they could have handled it differently, I could also see it as a parent/older figure disciplining a younger member. Whether you believe it's right or wrong it's a reality that even now in the modern time and in every culture, some parent's discipline their kids by hitting them. In this particular case, it's the Chinese culture where  correct me if I'm wrong, younger people should show respect for elders/people older than them. From Ning Que's point of view, Sang Sang who is younger than him is disrespecting him by yelling, talking back, and disobeying him so he hits her as an elder/parental figure. Other similar situations in the show are when the emperor hits the princess on the cheek, when the princess makes her brother kneel on his knees, when the emperor allows the prince's tutor to hit him if he disobeys, and when Yan Se tries to hit Ning Que when he found out about the fake chicken soup writings. This doesn't excuse Ning Que's actions, but is a possible explanation for this scene.

This is a fair argument.  I think another issue with the hitting is that in the novel this scene is where he deliberately doesn't and can't hit her but the drama does the exact opposite.  This is also where he realises she is a young lady and not just his little Sang Sang and begins to realise what is going on with them and their feelings.  In the drama clip (as you said) it still is like a parental figure disciplining a child which just seems to further reinforce the parent/child aspect of their relationship.  But I guess Drama NQ and SS are very different to their novel characters and we will have to wait and see how the whole scene plays out. 

I also think it is inappropriate and disrespectful to treat her that way in front of her real parents and won't give them a good impression of him.  Sang Sang has already run away from him and the first time they meet NQ he is shouting, insulting her appearance and hitting her.  They must wonder how badly he treated her all these years!  By the way Sang Sang's parents seem like very nice people. I'm happy for her :)

5 hours ago, ningsangcpp said:

Can Wednesday come any quicker?! :tears:

Can't wait until NQ SS reunion 

I was looking forward to this but now I'm more looking forward to her leaving him :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i always thanks Mo ShanShan for appearing.... as from what i can see is that she is the tip or the point where NingSang relationship took a turn......both NingSang are too use to each other.....SangSang is always oblivious to actually how she really felt....as NingQue had always been cold to others but acted differently and affectionate towards another....

With LiYu it was totally different....as she had treated NingQue with disdain when they first bump and meet hence there were no threat there that forces the changes in NingQue attitude.....however with Mo ShanShan it is a little different....she didnt treated NingQue with disdain but indifferent and despite disagreement or little misunderstand she treat NingQue like a human being....that from the opposite sex wrought a different reaction out from NingQue which was why SangSang was threaten and from there the ball got rolling......

i didnt really think much of the way NingQue handle SangSang was wrong by some what perceived.....it was not overly so in my eyes....lols....maybe because when i see in NingQue eyes he was frustrated and he was at lost what to do with SangSang.....he desperately wanted her back and he doesnt know how to relay that in plain sight.....

SangSang is the water he needed....he cant sleep without her besides him.....and he can't breath without SangSang.....which was also one of the reason why he needed her....somehow with the appearance of Mo ShanShan....it kind of push both NingQue & SangSang into acknowledging their reaction towards each other....

NingQue never ever questions whether SangSang's parent will release her back to him....but he demand it to be so that SangSang will return to him as she is his and no one had the right to even question that......

Oh yeah. Never forget that he is so willing to burn their mansion down if if won't agree with what he wanted. Hahahha. NQ is very cool! Lol

• LOL 5

This is BTS where First Brother and NQ chit chat about 天书, i like this scene very much, NQ act like his age as little brother, feel safe, learning something and make a joke with First Brother, and First brother also act like big brother who will always take care of his little brother.

http://m.v.qq.com/play/play.html?coverid=rpup19lfbuf2skc&vid=k00297h42c1&ptag=2_6.2.2.17137_copy

Ah btw i have a question, from the beginning until now, and from before NQ can cultivate until now, why everybody said NQ is weak? Either his friends or foes, isn't he excellent in combat? Or there is other meaning about 'weak'?, not just refer that he is still a newbie in cultivation world, and he only got 10 from 12 accupoint are opened.

Edited by epinklyn
Adding a question
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, raziela said:

This is a fair argument.  I think another issue with the hitting is that in the novel this scene is where he deliberately doesn't and can't hit her but the drama does the exact opposite.  This is also where he realises she is a young lady and not just his little Sang Sang and begins to realise what is going on with them and their feelings.  In the drama clip (as you said) it still is like a parental figure disciplining a child which just seems to further reinforce the parent/child aspect of their relationship.  But I guess Drama NQ and SS are very different to their novel characters and we will have to wait and see how the whole scene plays out. 

I also think it is inappropriate and disrespectful to treat her that way in front of her real parents and won't give them a good impression of him.  Sang Sang has already run away from him and the first time they meet NQ he is shouting, insulting her appearance and hitting her.  They must wonder how badly he treated her all these years!  By the way Sang Sang's parents seem like very nice people. I'm happy for her :)

I was looking forward to this but now I'm more looking forward to her leaving him :lol:

That is the thing. NQ doesn't care what other people will think. May it be her parents or the emperor himself. I don't think it's inappropriate and disrespectful either. Because as you can see, he was saying those because he wanted SS for himself. He was trying to discourage her into finding and husband by uttering those thing whereas, in reality, that is not what he really sees in her. And he doesn't want other people to look at her the way he does. Because she is his and his alone and when it comes to SS he becomes the most selfish person in the whole novel universe.

43 minutes ago, raziela said:

Hahahaha. The only scene I was looking forward too. Her leaving him and the thing he will actually do just to have her back! Deabak! Lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

24 minutes ago, angelangie said:

SangSang is the water he needed....he cant sleep without her besides him.....and he can't breath without SangSang.....which was also one of the reason why he needed her....somehow with the appearance of Mo ShanShan....it kind of push both NingQue & SangSang into acknowledging their reaction towards each other....

NingQue never ever questions whether SangSang's parent will release her back to him....but he demand it to be so that SangSang will return to him as she is his and no one had the right to even question that......

So very true @angelangie...

Spoiler

There was a scene when he mentioned suicide because he feared he would never have her with him again. The fear , the desperation and choice of abandoning the home because without her he would never go back to their little shop.  

It broke my heart when that was mentioned.  I hope they show all that raw and intense moment of realization WHAT SANG SANG REALLY MEANT TO HIM. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

This is BTS where First Brother and NQ chit chat about 天书, i like this scene very much, NQ act like his age as little brother, feel safe, learning something and make a joke with First Brother, and First brother also act like big brother who will always take care of his little brother.

http://m.v.qq.com/play/play.html?coverid=rpup19lfbuf2skc&vid=k00297h42c1&ptag=2_6.2.2.17137_copy

Ah btw i have a question, from the beginning until now, and from before NQ can cultivate until now, why everybody said NQ is weak? Either his friends or foes, isn't he excellent in combat? Or there is other meaning about 'weak'?, not just refer that he is still a newbie in cultivation world, and he only got 10 from 12 accupoint are opened.

Basically, it just mean he cannot cultivate due to his account being blocked. Whenever he tried doing it, he gets hurt himself. So when he gets into fight with real cultivator, he gets defeated right away. And also, nobody sees him before in real combat. Every time he did it, he always made it a secret and cover his face so nobody will know that it was him. So nobdy really knew what he is capable of except SS and The fish gangs and their leader. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Hide contents

There was a scene when he mentioned suicide because he feared he would never have her with him again. The fear , the desperation and choice of abandoning the home because without her he would never go back to their little shop.  

It broke my heart when that was mentioned.  I hope they show all that raw and intense moment of realization WHAT SANG SANG REALLY MEANT TO HIM. 

People should see this before jumping into conclusion of him treating her badly to the point of beating her. Which by rhe way, not my word but from my point of view is not the appropriate word to use in describing the scene. Just my opinion. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rhaps said:

He is a weak cultivator, but a very strong fighter. If he fights against ordinary guys -> wins. If he fights against cultivators -> mostly loose, although he wins sometimes. Although he is very talented , smart and his progress is really fast (so that even YHY is wary of him), but he is still a beginner. Everytime he reaches a new stage, he has to face a much stronger opponent ..and the opponents just get stronger everytime . So, he is indeed weak. 

I totally agree! So, how is it being late at work? Did you get an occurrence or warning? Lol

• LOL 3

19 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Hide contents

I hope we see this intense level of desperation at losing her in the drama.  Sorry not sorry but it is so satisfying seeing NQ fall apart in the novel after just a day without SS :naughty:

• LOL 4

7 minutes ago, thartie said:

People should see this before jumping into conclusion of him treating her badly to the point of beating her. Which by rhe way, not my word but from my point of view is not the appropriate word to use in describing the scene. Just my opinion. 

@thartie  I told everyone to wait to watch the whole episode with subs to understand what is happening. I  know he only did it because he was frustrated and he knew Sang Sang was right. She is always right and very smart. He is only acting that way because when talking to SS he becomes very flustered and is always saying the wrong thing. But wiht other people, he comes out intellectual, smart , cute and cool. But SS always finds faults in everything he says since the age of 4. LOL LOL LOL 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Just now, rhaps said:

Well, I didnt get late, yaayy :kiss_closed: . I just got beaten by my own record. I usually the 1st one in my time to arrive at office, but today, I"m the 3rd /4th *LOL*

Besides, it doesnt mater if I got late anyway, since some people are usually late. They just got home late too, while I usually go home on time, hahaha

Good! Now I don't need to worry about you as I worried about NQ and SS. Hahahahaha

1 minute ago, UnniSarah said:

@thartie  I told everyone to wait to watch the whole episode with subs to understand what is happening. I  know he only did it because he was frustrated and he knew Sang Sang was right. She is always right and very smart. He is only acting that way because when talking to SS he becomes very flustered and is always saying the wrong thing. But wiht other people, he comes out intellectual, smart , cute and cool. But SS always finds faults in everything he says since the age of 4. LOL LOL LOL 

I know. That's why I did not dare lay any opinion on this show until I got a better understanding of what's going on. And also, this is the reason why we are here. To clarify those misunderstanding and put everyone's heart at ease. Lol lol. What a burden to carry. Hahahaha. Joke!

• LOL 3

Judging from the spoilers, the webnovel perfectly illustrates his mental growth/thought process & he realizes that SS isnt a child anymore. He sees her as an adult, his equal. That's why he chooses not to 'hit' her like he used when SS was a child. 

In the drama, NQ appears 'disciplining' SS, which gives the idea that he still sees SS whom he still has a familial/young master&handmaiden relationship w/ instead at this point, should go beyond that. This thwarts his 'character development,' an important aspect which needs to be shown onscreen so the viewers can see the change/progression in NQ's attitude/behavior towards SS.

Btw, this is a criticism of the direction, not NQ as a character. The webnovel reads well, so this idea of 'growth' needs to be translated well onscreen.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Judging from the spoilers, the webnovel perfectly illustrates his mental growth/thought process & he realizes that SS isnt a child anymore. He sees her as an adult, his equal. That's why he chooses not to 'hit' her like he used when SS was a child. 

In the drama, NQ appears 'disciplining' SS, which gives the idea that he still sees SS whom he still has a familial/young master&handmaiden relationship w/ instead at this point, should go beyond that. This thwarts his 'character development,' an important aspect which needs to be shown onscreen so the viewers can see the change/progression in NQ's attitude/behavior towards SS.

Exactly @greenwatch08  

@thartie  said

That is the thing. NQ doesn't care what other people will think. May it be her parents or the emperor himself. I don't think it's inappropriate and disrespectful either. Because as you can see, he was saying those because he wanted SS for himself. He was trying to discourage her into finding and husband by uttering those thing whereas, in reality, that is not what he really sees in her. And he doesn't want other people to look at her the way he does. Because she is his and his alone and when it comes to SS he becomes the most selfish person in the whole novel universe.

He doesn't care what other people think, but Sang Sang's opinion matters to him so much. His actions are always due to SS wanting him to not live in the darkness but live in the light. His darkness isn't evil but more of wanting him to be happy. That is all she ever want for him. To be happy, play, make friends and fulfill his dreams.

@angelangie  He really doesn't care but I wished he didn't do that either. But we should all wait to see what he does afterwards. He will impress you @raziela . He will do something shocking after his bad behavior. IT is all for Sang Sang...   lol lol giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, raziela said:

I hope we see this intense level of desperation at losing her in the drama.  Sorry not sorry but it is so satisfying seeing NQ fall apart in the novel after just a day without SS :naughty:

I couldn't agree more! I was very satisfied that I repeatedly read it like 10x and still gets the same level of satisfaction! Hahahajha

2 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Exactly @greenwatch08  

@thartie  said

He doesn't care what other people think, but Sang Sang's opinion matters to him so much. His actions are always due to SS wanting him to not live in the darkness but live in the light. His darkness isn't evil but more of wanting him to be happy. That is all she ever want for him. To be happy, play, make friends and fulfill his dreams.

Awwww, what would I do without you Unni! ;) You always elaborate my thought. Thank You! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, i saw the trailers for the upcoming episodes.  EP.44 is the fight between NQ and SS at her parents home.  EP.45 he meets the buddhist monk Daoshi with CPP.  EP.46 he bids goodbye to MSS.

I ll just post the EP.45 trailer as I already posted for the other two.

CR:uploader

There is a new bts uploaded.  It's between eldest brother Manman and the teacher Fuzi.

CR: uploader

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Ok, i saw the trailers for the upcoming episodes.  EP.44 is the fight between NQ and SS at her parents home.  EP.45 he meets the buddhist monk Daoshi with CPP.  EP.46 he bids goodbye to MSS.

I ll just post the EP.45 trailer as I already posted for the other two.

CR:uploader

There is a new bts uploaded.  It's between eldest brother Manman and the teacher Fuzi.

CR: uploader

Wow, it's earlier that I expected. I thought NQ/SS wouldnt meet until ep 49. The preview clips on tencent fooled me.

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote vids
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Btw, this is a criticism of the direction, not NQ as a character. The webnovel reads well, so this idea of 'growth' needs to be translated well onscreen.

I agree...maybe the director wanted to show how angry, desperate, and not in control of his emotions NQ is after Sangsang left?  In the novel its all about the thoughts going through his mind so that's kind hard to convey on screen.  NQ was realizing that Sangsang has grown up and kind of wishes she isn't cause that means she can do things like get married and leave him.  Maybe the director felt considering the actor for NQ is so young he can't really show that yet through just his face and body expression so maybe make it more clear with his actions?

Also, isn't there a preview scene that looks like the rest of that argument where Sangsang is sitting down while NQ is kneeling in front of her holding her hand, which she then pulls away?  I really love the imagery of that where he is in a weaker more submissive position than her, probably for the first time in their lives.

• Like 4