[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

25 minutes ago, angelangie said:

of all the candidates just hope it wasnt the one that we had previously said .... he just doesnt seems to fit the bill or me to be honest

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrJbeMqhgJm/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=3fy9s2hqafs4

I found this on Instagram user @oerhath has posted for the potential S2 cast. (sorry Im not too sure how to attach an image to this I'm a noob) Seems like only SYR has confirmed to be playing SS. I'll definately watch S2 if SS is still played by her. I think NQ will be replaced by Dylan wang from meteor garden. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

of all the candidates just hope it wasnt the one that we had previously said .... he just doesnt seems to fit the bill or me to be honest

Oh yeah. He's annoying. Hahahha. As I said, I don't like his lips and eyebrows. And he is 19 still. I don't want young ones if not CFY. 

• LOL 2

5 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello Chingu’s 

I would like to tell you guys my opinion on everyone’s discussion on how the drama and novel is really different. I think it is different because it a woman writing the script and a woman directing. Some have said he still has doubts or missed MSS because his feeling were genuine. Even SS knew he had had doubts. I haven’t reache that part yet in the novel. I am back at CH 111. I was dying to see SS leave him so that he can make a choice. Let’s face it in RL forcing a man to chose when he should have made the choice all by himself would always leave doubt in his mind. I am certain that NQ’s love for SS is reall and much deeper because truthfully SS is life for him and vice versa with her. Due to this being a drama, I think the writer and drama may be trying to get rid of that doubts ever resurfacing in the future episode , so that  NQ’s love for SS is much more deeper and earth shattering to us viewers. They want it to be “EPIC” or like some Koreans would say “ DAEBAK!!!”. We all have to wait see is if these scenes are up to our approval or not. I fear that when a drama is being aired there are certain criteria’s they must meet in the drama due to some law or regulation that wherever the drama is being filmed or shown. 

@rhaps @stucked @greenwatch08 @Daylight Chang @thartie @pad-hari @ningsangcpp  WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???

TBH , I notice when watching clips with no subs some scenes can be misinterpreted due or find offensive to some viewers unless you watch the whole episode and have sub.h only complaint is that we do see them reunited until the following week. :bawling::tears: There is so much more they need to cover right now. 

P.S I don’t doubt the spoilers but I would like to read the the before chapter and after chapter o get a better understanding on what is being written. I may see it in a different light so I can share with the rest of you. :heart:

True, you don't make a man choose which one is for him. Let him unfold it in due time. Let him realize it by thru experience.  I would say, even SS doesn't know what she truly feels. She just knew that he's her young master and he owns her that's why,  whatever he wants, it should be done. SS feeling is neutral while NS is very outspoken about his. Honestly, I feel bad for NQ because while he is willing to shout to the world his love for her, SS remain silent. Doesn't even react or anything. Damn, I did not even see her says she likes him or she loves him. At least, not all the chapter that I have read. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello Chingu’s 

I would like to tell you guys my opinion on everyone’s discussion on how the drama and novel is really different. I think it is different because it a woman writing the script and a woman directing. Some have said he still has doubts or missed MSS because his feeling were genuine. Even SS knew he had had doubts. I haven’t reache that part yet in the novel. I am back at CH 111. I was dying to see SS leave him so that he can make a choice. Let’s face it in RL forcing a man to chose when he should have made the choice all by himself would always leave doubt in his mind. I am certain that NQ’s love for SS is reall and much deeper because truthfully SS is life for him and vice versa with her. Due to this being a drama, I think the writer and drama may be trying to get rid of that doubts ever resurfacing in the future episode , so that  NQ’s love for SS is much more deeper and earth shattering to us viewers. They want it to be “EPIC” or like some Koreans would say “ DAEBAK!!!”. We all have to wait see is if these scenes are up to our approval or not. I fear that when a drama is being aired there are certain criteria’s they must meet in the drama due to some law or regulation that wherever the drama is being filmed or shown. 

@rhaps @stucked @greenwatch08 @Daylight Chang @thartie @pad-hari @ningsangcpp  WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???

TBH , I notice when watching clips with no subs some scenes can be misinterpreted due or find offensive to some viewers unless you watch the whole episode and have sub.h only complaint is that we do see them reunited until the following week. :bawling::tears: There is so much more they need to cover right now. 

P.S I don’t doubt the spoilers but I would like to read the the before chapter and after chapter o get a better understanding on what is being written. I may see it in a different light so I can share with the rest of you. :heart:

True, you don't make a man choose which one is for him. Let him unfold it in due time. Let him realize it by thru experience.  I would say, even SS doesn't know what she truly feels. She just knew that he's her young master and he owns her that's why,  whatever he wants, it should be done. SS feeling is neutral while NS is very outspoken about his. Honestly, I feel bad for NQ because while he is willing to shout to the world his love for her, SS remain silent. Doesn't even react or anything. Damn, I did not even see her says she likes him or she loves him. At least, not all the chapter that I have read. I pitied NQ character more. His undying love and bravery.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, penelop3 said:

Totally agree with these! -_-
Yes, it's true that we shouldn't compare the novel and drama, not when both are still align with the theme, however, when the drama made too much changes yet stay similar that's when I cant help but comparing. 

The whole core of the story is NQ-SS as the inseparable power couple. They may not realize it when they're young and there may be other distraction (MSS or others), but regardless whatever the obstacles / challenges,  they continue to stay true to each other. For me, Ever Night is not a romance story with all that jealousy, but it is about 2 people realizing how much they mean to each other and how far they can grow together. In NQ-SS world, there is no room for other people.

That's why in the novel, when NQ has to let go of MSS, he feels slight regret and apologetic yet he is not too broken-hearted about it because he knows which one his heart wants. 

Reveal hidden contents

In Ep 52 preview, I feel like he's regretting the separation a loot! :huh:

So when the drama took that out and digs more on the romance side, especially NQ-SS-MSS triangle, I cant help but cringing. 

To be fair, if we dont compare drama-novel, then the drama is the story of NQ - not NQ-SS.
It's NQ's journey for cultivation and his romance with MSS, whereas SS stays as the side story. But the title Ever Night itself is not about NQ, it's about SS as the you-know-who.

Oh well... It's done. As an audience, I'd just choose to skim through the part that I'm not too happy with. :sweatingbullets::P

11 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@penelop3, I finished watching through episodes 36 tonight and I must say I agree with your conclusion about the drama presented more like a story of NQ, his cultivation, and his romantic interests. While I have not read the novel, I have read plenty of the spoilers you guys posted here and I’m disappointed with some of the changes especially with the way they had SS mentioning her master in almost every scene she had while he was away in the wilderness. The disparity in her reflections on NQ compared to his reflections on her while in the wilderness is very wide. I was also disappointed because here I was thinking that I’d actually see more of WGM teaching SS and her development as his student but hardly anything happened before he departed. Maybe I was expecting too much. 

You do know there is a second season and MSS is about to leave? i think your both nitpicking , MSS will barely be in this season and people here dramatic beyond belief. 

10 hours ago, raziela said:

After that clip I have to say I do not understand what this drama is doing with the NQ/SS relationship at all. This big strong guy hitting and pulling the ears of this tiny girl? Is this supposed to be funny or something?  If I were Sang Sang's parents I'd be about to fight him and kick him out of my house.  He is treating her so badly :angry:  Meanwhile the goodbye clip with MSS is all heartbreaking music and slow motion.  WTF is this?!

@rhaps You are right!  I just read the scene in the novel and he definitely doesn't hit her and even thinks about how he hasn't been able to physically discipline her since she was 4 years old.  Like you said SS is very cool and calm in the novel but I can give Drama Sang Sang a pass for shouting because DramaNing Que is so much more of a jerk than Novel NQ so I don't blame her for blowing up at him.

Agree with you both.  In the parts of the novel I have read as @penelop3 said the core of the story is NQ-SS but the drama has made the story all about NQ and diminished SS role so she's like just another supporting character in his life.  The thing that surprises me the most is that the director and screenwriter are both women. I would have thought in their hands a intelligent, interesting, unique atypical female protagonist like Sang Sang would have been safe and given her fair share of story and screen time but I guess I assumed wrong:(

Your being dramatic in my opinion , you act like hes beating her or something . Do you not remember scene's of him doing this playfully before but because hes angry now hes man handling her and hitting her?

10 hours ago, thartie said:

I believe SS fair share with the role will come in Season 2. Because even in the Novel, SangSang's character has not been develop that much not until chapter 600+ after the wilderness chapter. Her character was just given a scene here and there and sometimes in NQ's thought of her for the first 500+ chapter. So mainly, Season one is focused on NQ development. If they are going to Develop both character together at the same time, then there's no point of having Season 2 because by then, they have no story to tell anymore.

At least you know whats going on.

10 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Judging from preview clips, NQ seems like he's really genuinely likes/interested in MSS.

Also, I've never seen NQ have such an outburst/anger before(even w/his enemies), & seeing him man-handling SS is offputting. 

He barely touches her and has done stuff like this playfully before.

9 hours ago, thartie said:

I really didnt think it's beating. Im sorry. It is just, I see more affection in him doing it. He acted like a brother who were scolding her. And besides, in Asia, spanking is acceptable as form of discipline. 

And about him being sad when they bid farewell, indeed it is right. Because even in the novel, he was having heavy heart upon doing it. Because as what he said, those from the outside world are really good too so he wanted to have them. But then after seeing SS again, he forgot all those thoughts right away because SS filled up everything in his life. 

I agree people were being overly dramatic and acting like hes beating her or something when he did stuff like that playfully before but because hes angry hes beating her? 

Might need to take a break from this thread, your comments keep me sane though. 

9 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Being angry in one thing but NQ looks outright furious & manhandling her(from the preview clips). Please, no spanking because it definitely does not read well onscreen.

Regardless of culture, I really dislike when male characters roughly handle female characters that way. It's not a good look. 

Spanking i would disagree with but the scene everyone here was being dramatic about i see no issue with he did this stuff playfully before and in these types of drama's there has been alot worse.

Also i think sex is irrelevant male/female who really cares i disagree with rough stuff from either sex. 

6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Very true @rhaps the author is male. Then we have a female writer and female director who is trying or thought changing some stuff to attract female viewers. Which only complicated relationship dynamics couldn’t thick of a way to make the relationships click because of the short window to tell us the first arc of this story. I think they should have left it the way the author had created at first since they are using most the author’s material so that it can sync well. 

If they didnt change the book it would 100% be less popular. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wotad said:

You do know there is a second season and MSS is about to leave? i think your both nitpicking , MSS will barely be in this season and people here dramatic beyond belief. 

Your being dramatic in my opinion , you act like hes beating her or something . Do you not remember scene's of him doing this playfully before but because hes angry now hes man handling her and hitting her?

At least you know whats going on.

He barely touches her and has done stuff like this playfully before.

I agree people were being overly dramatic and acting like hes beating her or something when he did stuff like that playfully before but because hes angry hes beating her? 

Might need to take a break from this thread, your comments keep me sane though. 

Spanking i would disagree with but the scene everyone here was being dramatic about i see no issue with he did this stuff playfully before and in these types of drama's there has been alot worse.

Also i think sex is irrelevant male/female who really cares i disagree with rough stuff from either sex. 

If they didnt change the book it would 100% be less popular. 

I wouldn't say people are overeacting because of that NQ/SS scene. People have different opinions. Its moreso, criticism of the direction here. Yo, I dont dislike NQ at all. And, yes, there are worse scenes in other dramas but Im not talking about/watching those. I dislike rough play from characters in general regardless of gender too, but male characters tend to be written this way more often than female characters & seen as ok(which is not). People can enjoy things while having constructive criticisms about it. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, thartie said:

True, you don't make a man choose which one is for him. Let him unfold it in due time. Let him realize it by thru experience.  I would say, even SS doesn't know what she truly feels. She just knew that he's her young master and he owns her that's why,  whatever he wants, it should be done. SS feeling is neutral while NS is very outspoken about his. Honestly, I feel bad for NQ because while he is willing to shout to the world his love for her, SS remain silent. Doesn't even react or anything. Damn, I did not even see her says she likes him or she loves him. At least, not all the chapter that I have read. 

There isn't any romance between Ni Que and Sangsang so far in the drama because there isn't any romantic feelings between them up to this point even in the novel.  Both in the novel and drama it's been pointed out that they would talk about possible marriage partners for Ni Que (they joked about choosing girls in the brothel and even wondered what their life would be like if he married the princess) so Sangsang was in theory ok with the idea of Ni Que getting married someday.  Sangsang missing Ni Que is not because she realizes she likes him but this is the person who has raised her and been on her side constantly.  I think the drama actually did a good job showing how Ni Que always included Sangsang in everything he does or at least tells her all about it.

But once she meets MSS that was the game changer.  I think she sensed that Ni Que felt differently about MSS than any other girls...he was just having fun with the prostitutes and he is disdainful of the princess & his female classmates that looked down on him.  I think this is why even though I am annoyed at the NQ-MSS scenes I think they are very important for the development of both NQ and SS as people and as a couple.  NQ made that whole speech about how he thinks love is for idiots and implies that men & women are only interested in doing one thing with each other (LOL in the drama how he tries to explain this to clueless SS front of the brothel but chickens out spelling it all out for her) It's like MSS is needed to show both of them what romance looks like cause their tight bond comes from growing up and taking care of each other for survival and it's not like they have role models to show how to have a romantic relationship.  So Ni Que experiencing romance with MSS and Sangsang seeing that gets them to confront where they want THEIR relationship to go as they both grow up.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Wotad said:

I am entitled to my opinion. There is a huge difference between playful teasing/roughhousing and hitting someone in anger. Maybe you are fine with normalising it but I (and other people on this thread) do not think it is OK. 

It's fine if you don't agree with my comments but you have no right to tell me or anyone else how we should feel about the drama.

Constructive criticism is important and one of the reasons we join threads to discuss, vent, debate. Good for you if you have no criticisms but not everybody feels the same way. I don't agree with any of your comments but I certainly don't tell you what you should or shouldn't feel or think.

Please refrain from commenting on my posts in future. We clearly have very different morals and value judgements and I will continue to share my opinion whether you like it or not. Thanks.

• Like 3

@raziela, indeed we have our own opinions. I for one really didn’t like that almost every scene of SS was her talking to herself about NQ every single time. WGM was there with her so I expected so much more from their scenes. It was such a waste. Up to yet I don’t know what WGM taught her. I just saw twice she lit up her finger and they spent a lot of time doing chores but what about the teaching part of it? I was so disappointed. I do appreciate that NQ is very important to SS but her reflections on NQ was overkill to me when a great master was there to be of good use in her scenes. <_<

• Like 3

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

@raziela, indeed we have our own opinions. I for one really didn’t like that almost every scene of SS was her talking to herself about NQ every single time. WGM was there with her so I expected so much more from their scenes. It was such a waste. Up to yet I don’t know what WGM taught her. I just saw twice she lit up her finger and they spent a lot of time doing chores but what about the teaching part of it? I was so disappointed. I do appreciate that NQ is very important to SS but her reflections on NQ was overkill to me when a great master was there to be of good use in her scenes. <_<

Im currently on ep. 32, waiting for the next 6 ep. to drop this week so I cant say much yet. EN does a great job executing action sequence. My only gripe so far is that there tends to be a bit much of exposition/telling instead of showing. Characters need more in depth interaction then just talking/hanging around each other.

Ex: (YS is the master of NQ/teaches him talisman cultivation, but NQ is barely seen cultivating. He tries to by writing it down once. NQ walks/hangs around w/YS having small talks, but as a viewer, I dont see the actual process of cultivation happening. Suddenly, NQ conjures a small talisman seal one time.)

The steady progression in his learning process/gained abilities isn't shown onscreen.

• Like 6

@kiara_bleu... You are correct there isn’t any romance between them. I also don’t think Sang Sang left Ning Que because she is in love with him. I also agree with @thartie Sang Sang doesn’t know how she feels about him but we can all agree , she has always put him first and always listened to him because he has always beeen honest with her. What hurt SS is that when he came back, he was spending so much time with MSS but that is because she is older and they have the same interest. We should agree, although SS has the most faith in him and love( Not romantic) for him. They have spent 15 years together, survive hardship and protected each other. It would take time for them to know work through the changes in each other’s lives. SS and NQ are so insync with each other that word don’t need to be said to each other because of how close they are. NQ likes someone and he is very happy and she doesn’t like him paying attention to someone else. Is that love maybe or maybe not? But her instincts will always be for NQ to be safe and happy over her own. That is how she feels. Besides they are still young and have grown used to a certain lifestyle that is hard to break. A lifestyle where they really can’t live without each other because they truly understand each other. Someone said they have never heard her say I love you but we must all remember SS isn’t really that big of a talker but her actions shows she loves him more than her own life. Even I will admit change is hard ur for these two 15 years of it just being just the two of them is really hard to break. NQ like MSS , he trust her but does she understand him. Can she ever accept his darkness, maybe or maybe not. 

@angelangie and someone else said this is a coming of age story for NQ and SS. To hear the story of a man who strive to give his little handmaiden a great life, protection , love and happiness. To meet his new found family who loves him just the way he is. His fear of being a monster in his eyes but In SS’s eyes he is her hero. His adventures in meeting new people and forming alliances to protect his loves one. His respect and learning as he is in his adventure.  

I hope what I said makes sense somehow. :D

• Like 5

3 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

I wouldn't say people are overeacting because of that NQ/SS scene. People have different opinions. Its moreso, criticism of the direction here. Yo, I dont dislike NQ at all. And, yes, there are worse scenes in other dramas but Im not talking about/watching those. I dislike rough play from characters in general regardless of gender too, but male characters tend to be written this way more often than female characters & seen as ok(which is not). People can enjoy things while having constructive criticisms about it. 

That was barely rough play hes played with her doing the exact same things and people thought it was cute or did you all suddenly miss that?? 

I just read like 4 pages of negative comment's which ruin the thread. 

2 hours ago, raziela said:

I am entitled to my opinion. There is a huge difference between playful teasing/roughhousing and hitting someone in anger. Maybe you are fine with normalising it but I (and other people on this thread) do not think it is OK. 

It's fine if you don't agree with my comments but you have no right to tell me or anyone else how we should feel about the drama.

Constructive criticism is important and one of the reasons we join threads to discuss, vent, debate. Good for you if you have no criticisms but not everybody feels the same way. I don't agree with any of your comments but I certainly don't tell you what you should or shouldn't feel or think.

Please refrain from commenting on my posts in future. We clearly have very different morals and value judgements and I will continue to share my opinion whether you like it or not. Thanks.

Your entitled to your opinion but its not the holy grail of opinions i can disagree with it.

We have different mortals ? Based on what. 

I never told anyone anything either so stop being dramatic. Its pages of people speaking about the book and complaining the show is not as good, we get it already.

If you cant handle any discussion on your comments why are you even on a forum, nothing i said is different morals its called different perspective.

I never told you to think anything or to feel anything so you are delusional. 

Hes flicked her head and played with her ears before but because hes speaking aggressive hes man handling her now? 

Hilarious people here. 

I reported your post for making accusations as well , accusing me of normalising violence, telling people what to think and feel. 

I dont appreciate slander against me for no reason . 

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

Im currently on ep. 32, waiting for the next 6 ep. to drop this week so I cant say much yet. EN does a great job executing action sequence. My only gripe so far is that there tends to be a bit much of exposition/telling instead of showing. Characters need more in depth interaction then just talking/hanging around each other.

Ex: (YS is the master of NQ/teaches him talisman cultivation, but NQ is barely seen cultivating. He tries to by writing it down once. NQ walks/hangs around w/YS having small talks, but as a viewer, I dont see the actual process of cultivation happening. Suddenly, NQ conjures a small talisman seal one time.)

The steady progression in his learning process/gained abilities isn't shown onscreen.

Thats a big downside for me i want to see more abilities actually being learned. 

18 minutes ago, Wotad said:

That was barely rough play hes played with her doing the exact same things and people thought it was cute or did you all suddenly miss that?? 

Your entitled to your opinion but its not the holy grail of opinions i can disagree with it.

We have different mortals ? Based on what. 

I never told anyone anything either so stop being dramatic, literally its pages of people speaking about the book and complaining its not as good we get it already.

If you cant handle any type of discussion on your comments why are you even on a forum, nothing i said is different morals its called different perspective.

Hes flicked her head and played with her ears before but because hes speaking aggressive hes man handling her now? 

Hilarious people here. 

NQ 's behavior is prevalent in earlier episodes in the way he handles her, since it's part of his characterization. It's not cute to me, but that's my opinion. NQ thumping on her forehead/pulling her ears out of anger doesn't happen(based on the webnovel/details). That's what people on here were criticizing about. It's the direction people found unnecessary. But ey, whatever floats your boat.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

NQ 's behavior is prevalent in earlier episodes in the way he handles her, since it's part of his characterization. It's not cute to me, but that's my opinion. Him thumping on her forehead/pulling her ears out of anger doesn't happen(based on the webnovel). That's what people on here were criticizing about. It's the direction people found unnecessary. But ey, whatever floats your boat.

I never said its cute either but lets continue to put words in my mouth.

Apparently anyone who doesn't think its a beating or man handling is a sexist pig , whose ok with violence against women right? 

15 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I never said its cute either but lets continue to put words in my mouth. 

Apparently anyone who doesn't think its a beating or man handling is a sexist pig , whose ok with violence against women right? 

I know you didnt say it was cute, but you infer that people here thought NQ's behavior was cute. So I'm stating that its not cute to me.

Also I dont think your a sexist pig. Like I mention before, people have different opinions and it is alright to agree/disagree. I never disregarded your opinion, so say whatever you please & I'll say mine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

I know you didnt say it was cute, but you infer that people here thought NQ's behavior was cute. So I'm stating that its not cute to me.

Also I dont think your a sexist pig. Like I mention before, people have different opinions and it is alright to agree/disagree. I never disregarded your opinion, so say whatever you please. 

I didn't infer that people thought it was cute either maybe there was miss communication somewhere. I dont agree with fighting in general i just wouldn't class as what he did as man handling or beating her that was basically my point not that people here thought it was cute or that i thought it was ok or cute.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I didn't infer that people thought it was cute either maybe there was miss communication somewhere. I dont agree with fighting in general i just wouldn't class as what he did as man handling or beating her that was basically my point not that people here thought it was cute or that i thought it was ok or cute.

You mentioned it in an earlier post but let's forget about it, shall we. We both have different opinions, and that is okay. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:

There isn't any romance between Ni Que and Sangsang so far in the drama because there isn't any romantic feelings between them up to this point even in the novel.  Both in the novel and drama it's been pointed out that they would talk about possible marriage partners for Ni Que (they joked about choosing girls in the brothel and even wondered what their life would be like if he married the princess) so Sangsang was in theory ok with the idea of Ni Que getting married someday.  Sangsang missing Ni Que is not because she realizes she likes him but this is the person who has raised her and been on her side constantly.  I think the drama actually did a good job showing how Ni Que always included Sangsang in everything he does or at least tells her all about it.

But once she meets MSS that was the game changer.  I think she sensed that Ni Que felt differently about MSS than any other girls...he was just having fun with the prostitutes and he is disdainful of the princess & his female classmates that looked down on him.  I think this is why even though I am annoyed at the NQ-MSS scenes I think they are very important for the development of both NQ and SS as people and as a couple.  NQ made that whole speech about how he thinks love is for idiots and implies that men & women are only interested in doing one thing with each other (LOL in the drama how he tries to explain this to clueless SS front of the brothel but chickens out spelling it all out for her) It's like MSS is needed to show both of them what romance looks like cause their tight bond comes from growing up and taking care of each other for survival and it's not like they have role models to show how to have a romantic relationship.  So Ni Que experiencing romance with MSS and Sangsang seeing that gets them to confront where they want THEIR relationship to go as they both grow up.

Excellent analysis of NQ-SS relationship in the novel.

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

I haven't reached those episodes yet but that is disappointing to hear.  It would have been great to use the relationship with WGM for SS character development and see her potential.  That is what I was hoping for.

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

Agree that there is a bit too much exposition at times.  Ironically at other times I feel like unless you have read the novel it's hard to understand certain things. I think the screenwriter obviously struggled with knowing how much information to share and how to cater to both new TV fans and fans who are already familiar with the story and I don't think she hit the right balance.  Even though I'm not a fan of how she has handled some things, I do understand adapting this novel can't have been an easy task.

@Wotad I have already reported your post.  I have already asked you to stop engaging with me and you continue to do so and to be rude and antagonistic.  As previously requested: please do not comment on my posts or @ me.