[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

Hi Comrades and Chingus......................... just wanted to let you know that we have another forum for EN Webnovel Discussion (Yoda Version). You are welcome to join us:wub: would be happy if you can share your opinions and views about the novel. However, if you dont wish to be spoiled, better stay away from that thread:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

On 1/30/2019 at 12:47 PM, epinklyn said:

Found this funny picture of NingSang from @pangia. I never realized they had this fighting while taking picture :joy:

Credit to Pangiaxiong on Instagram.

I am so sad. They really said goodbye on that day. I think that everyone thought at that time that they will see each other again when they are filming EN2. :dissapointed_relieved:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Sad 5

9 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Actually i am still confused with this category drama, so Ever Night is a drama not a web drama, but it didnt air in china tv channel? Only on Tencent online?

It's a web drama, meaning it's aired on web channels (like Tencent, Youku, etc) and I think it was the best decision. TV broadcast may have larger audience, but they can cut episodes of the show if considered a loss (like Rise of the Phoenixes) or change schedule because they want to broadcast another drama or a government programme. Hunan is probably the worst, but they are also the largest station.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2019 at 6:43 PM, epinklyn said:

A moment to remember...

Credit as tagged.

Reveal hidden contents

I personally think their off-screen friendship contributes to their on-screen fantastic chemistry. They bickered and played-fight a lot during shooting breaks, they teased each other -- but at the same time they would make spot-on comment about each other's behavior and even finished each other's sentences during interviews... such level of comfort translates on screen, and made it very believable that Ning Que and Sang Sang have lived together for years. 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, caranita said:

I personally think their off-screen friendship contributes to their on-screen fantastic chemistry. They bickered and played-fight a lot during shooting breaks, they teased each other -- but at the same time they would make spot-on comment about each other's behavior and even finished each other's sentences during interviews... such level of comfort translates on screen, and made it very believable that Ning Que and Sang Sang have lived together for years. 

Yes you are right @caranita, despite they were aware of this or not about "have lived together for years" qualification, as CFY has read the novel, or Director Yang ask them to make each other feel comfort to gain chemistry, they surely have made a friendship that make both of them trust and believe each other in every scene they were act, and of course their high level of profesionalism.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Found this eng sub of BTS compilation, we can see that Director Yang really help her actor to reach the character's feeling. Credit to Kaitlynn Lee on Youtube.

This reminds me again to that fight and NQ's violent acts at SS's parents house :angry:. I still can't understand why the writers needed to add violence to that part. I'm sure the production team received a lot of negative feedbacks on that and I need to know their response and explanation. I know it's in the past already, but still...

LOL at Arthur needing the tan lotion ... I agree though! We just had to accept that by the time he and Sang Sang were in Chang An, their skin tone quickly became much fairer :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

32 minutes ago, angelangie said:

they way they fight does really seems to be over the top....

Yeah although i never like the violent scene, but actually the way SYR n CFY acted is good, they were really all out, we can see how different CFY's expression when practice in the BTS and the result, never seen NQ that angry beside with Master QuNi in the wilderness.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes director Yang is good in bringing these out....she guide them steps by steps and tell them what she want to be onscreen

Ah correct! After i watched the engsub BTS, i realized that director Yang really understand each character, she must have consult with Mao Ni, therefore she can help all the casts to dive into their character flawlessly :wub:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, angelangie said:

cant tell that....or probably MaoNi and her did spend some times over some tea times to go thru the character together so that they can squeeze whatever they can from their artist to get the effect and things she wanted...

FeiYu is young and first times leading a role while YiRen might be more experience in acting sides....however both is like a fresh mold where director Yang are able to shape from what i could see

Oh yeah, since they changed the character for the drama, i forgot about it. Yes they both really profesional and willingly to learn something new and learn from anybody, this is why they can be shaped into the whatever they needed to be.

• Like 1