[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

23 minutes ago, toninha said:

For me it's the best fight scene in the drama:)

Totally agree.  That's why I said hope the final battle can compete.  It's a shame if the best fight scene is in episode 6 of a 60 episode drama especially as Xia Hou is supposed to be the final boss of NQ's revenge.

• Like 5

Wow, wow, wow, when I woke up this morning, I am on cloud nine because of spoilers!:joy::dizzy:

4 hours ago, ningsangcpp said:

I feel like NQ low key did get jealous when they were fighting at SS parents house when NQ threatened to burn the whole manor down if they don't give SS back to him and SS came out and said "let him do it and then tell 2nd brother he will teach him a lesson" and NQ grabbed her and said "you call 2nd brother so intimately is he my 2nd brother or yours?" :P

HUAHUAHUA NQ should feel that way! *Evil laugh*:lol:

Just flashing back the moment when SS went to see prince LQ group's parade in the past is quite satisfying to watch/read. In fact, he feels so uncomfortable about it for a long time. That's why whenever he sees LQ, he will feel annoyed, became shameless, and angry. (You can see his reactions in the drama too when he was talking with mss in wilderness and mss mentioned about LQ). As long as there is something that can make NQ jealous, I dont mind if the director/screenwriter twisting the love triangle plots between NQ-SS-2nd bro:lol: but of course, I will DEFINITELY will still shipping NQ-SS!!! They are belong to each other and 2nd bro is for me to admire, LOL:joy:

• LOL 5

9 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:

What have you done to me @Snow Guardian:joy: I have now found the machine translated version again and gone into a rabbit hole of being half-confused and still somehow still enjoying the story with some skipping of stuff to get to NQ-SS goodness.

So for those outraged at how NQ-MSS relationship is portrayed in the drama and hope you have seen the last of her...

Reveal hidden contents

MSS will have significant encounters with NQ-SS at least two times and she continues to be the important catalyst to them talking about their relationship honestly.  SS clearly believes that NQ likes MSS, maybe not with the same depth as with her but enough where she will continue to feel it as a threat.  NQ is not the type of person who seem to be able to clearly know his feelings only that he has complicated feelings toward MSS but SS is his life.  As we know SS knows him better than he knows himself.

So maybe the writer is thinking about this for continuing with season 2 and beyond.  That they have to show it more clearly and for SS to see it because otherwise, SS actions later will look like being jealous for no reason.

This is around after they reunited again after SS becomes "Vast Sky" or is that the "Goddess of light"  https://lnmtl.com/chapter/ever-night-book-5-chapter-889.  It gets pretty dark and graphic and with the confusing translations I think it's better you get your own impression than me trying to explain it.

By the way beginning chapter 904 is when MSS gets roped in to NQ-SS now dysfunctional relationship.  At this point I feel so sorry for her cause all she did wrong is like somebody :tired:

HUAHUAHUA machine translated website?! I think I know what you mean:lol:

Your heart must be itchy to find out what is happening during that scene. But, really, I also looking forward for season 2. Too bad, we wont see Arthur chen anymore:bawling: 

I hope once you have finished reading from website, you still speak human language instead of machine's, LOL:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Totally agree.  That's why I said hope the final battle can compete.  It's a shame if the best fight scene is in episode 6 of a 60 episode drama especially as Xia Hou is supposed to be the final boss of NQ's revenge.

@epinklyn @rhaps have you both came down from the mountain?? 

Keep your savoring ON! Xia Hou will be back and in action soon!:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

OK.  WHAT THE??? Is going on???   Help a sistah out, please? 

Please list the episode number(s) you guys are commenting about.  I have been reading this thread, started on page 60-something, and think I'm watching a different drama than you guys.

Viki has up to Ep 40 w/Eng subs

KSeries has Ep 41 - 46 raw

1)  I thought that NQ found SS as a baby.  Wasn't there a scene, replayed when he was talking to his friend, they guy that was the double-agent, the guy that got himself kilt and dragged dead down the street, when they talked about SS and when the found her?  The double-agent asks if NQ still has SS?  The scene:  There were lots of dead people, and in the midst a crying baby.  Been wondering why two boys would take a baby, how would they care for it?  Then reading comments, some said he found SS when she was 5-6?  

2)  The magic umbrella.  How/Where did that umbrella come into being?  In a scene, somewhere ep 39-40? NQ has taken it into the wilderness with him.  I don't think he's returned from the wilderness when SS is taken.  In one of the scenes where she is held captive in a prison cell, she has the umbrella.  Were there two umbrellas? Did I miss NQ's homecoming?  

3)  How did the three, NQ and the two girls, escape the terror city that was hidden under the lake? 

4)  Last scene, ep 44ish, SS is rescued from the prison by the fat monk and she is living in a palace... where?  Is she supposed to be a maid?  Where is NQ?   

I cannot find a link to the novel that is fully translated.  Plus, the two links I was using, kept repeating the same stuff over 'n over, didn't seem to progress.  It only made things more confusing.

Oh, and that arrogant prince, LQ had it coming!  How did he pull off a disappearing act, turning into a beggar,  when he's supposed to be a hostage prince?  

So where are we?  I need some help.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, watchumlots said:

OK.  WHAT THE??? Is going on???   Help a sistah out, please? 

Please list the episode number(s) you guys are commenting about.  I have been reading this thread, started on page 60-something, and think I'm watching a different drama than you guys.

Viki has up to Ep 40 w/Eng subs

KSeries has Ep 41 - 46 raw

1)  I thought that NQ found SS as a baby.  Wasn't there a scene, replayed when he was talking to his friend, they guy that was the double-agent, the guy that got himself kilt and dragged dead down the street, when they talked about SS and when the found her?  The double-agent asks if NQ still has SS?  The scene:  There were lots of dead people, and in the midst a crying baby.  Been wondering why two boys would take a baby, how would they care for it?  Then reading comments, some said he found SS when she was 5-6?  

2)  The magic umbrella.  How/Where did that umbrella come into being?  In a scene, somewhere ep 39-40? NQ has taken it into the wilderness with him.  I don't think he's returned from the wilderness when SS is taken.  In one of the scenes where she is held captive in a prison cell, she has the umbrella.  Were there two umbrellas? Did I miss NQ's homecoming?  

3)  How did the three, NQ and the two girls, escape the terror city that was hidden under the lake? 

4)  Last scene, ep 44ish, SS is rescued from the prison by the fat monk and she is living in a palace... where?  Is she supposed to be a maid?  Where is NQ?   

I cannot find a link to the novel that is fully translated.  Plus, the two links I was using, kept repeating the same stuff over 'n over, didn't seem to progress.  It only made things more confusing.

Oh, and that arrogant prince, LQ had it coming!  How did he pull off a disappearing act, turning into a beggar,  when he's supposed to be a hostage prince?  

So where are we?  I need some help.

As always you are full of humor. Good to see you @watchumlots

1. Always remember sometimes the writer and director or anyone one set DO MAKE MISTAKES. They forget or change something that will confuse us viewers. SS. GAVE THE UMBRELLA TO NQ. I think it was a fake umbrella SS used to scare people. 

2. SS was found as a baby, where did you see them say they found SS when she was 5 or 6 years old. Of it was said then it might be a lie they chose to tell outsiders. We all saw Ep12 and SS was a baby. 

3. I believe they walked out but they probably didn’t show us them leaving the cave. That is the beauty of tv show, they don’t always show us everything. Smh smh 

4.  Ep 44 ish She was the Princess guest for some banquet for the Empress. She was looking around and finally met her real mother. Mama took a glance at her ans she just felt drawn to out Sang Sang. 

Go Here  to read the novel. 

6. Only reason you might be confused is because we talk a lot about the novelbut comparing it and five spoilers. 

Thanks to @Snow Guardian  I too am reading the machine version and I can’t stop at all. 

• LOL 3

@watchumlots LOL sorry to be confusing.... we mostly talk about the current raw episode inside of spoiler, and the current subs episode outside of spoiler if that is any help :D

Anyway.... @Wotad because you asked this yesterday... hehe... 3,5 billion watchers now... I'm looking forward to more posters from the other actors for this announcement :lol:

6f2cf694gy1fy8h5r42xpj20u01hce81.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Yes, I thought so.  Since liang Sheng is going to die, he transferred his whole devil energy to him.  So in drama they are showing it too hype.  In the book NQ as far as I know, I don't remember NQ fighting monk Daoshi by devil energy at all.  CMIIW.  And there will be 2 monks he will kill, isn't it?  But the drama shows only one buddhist monk Daoshi.  And also he will be super cool after that fight and heavily injured and will never request CPP to take care of SS as he has messed with oldie QM's son and now his life is in danger.  So too many additional inclusions in drama.  Actually he will fight with the monk very fiercely as he was super frustrated since SS will not return with him.  Anyhow I have to wait for the subs to actually understand how this scenario in the drama is being done.

6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

There were two monk challenge NQ, one from Lan Ke, Monk KuaiHuai (CMIIW) on ep 46 and from Yue Lun Monk DaoCe son of Master QuNi in ep 48 , yes their battle is so different with the book.

Dont know about the evil energy that always comes whenever NQ try to fight with his Qi. It really looks like the beast in the cave that bite and absorbs YHY energy, maybe it is Lian Sheng's PenMingWu that being inherited to NQ?  That's why Lian Sheng vanishe, because he transfered his PenMingWu. So NQ only inherited the beast LOL (drama version). CMIIW 

But i think @lynne22 got the point, i also feel strange whenever NQ unleashed his evil sect, his expression lol. And on ep 39, the part NQ inherited KeHaoRan HaoRanSword, not fully showed as well, that i also feel unsatisfied, i thought he was fell unconscious, but suddenly he woke up, tadaaaa. Different with the book though.

I know right? 

The fight with Guan Hai an Dao Shi has more martial arts/talisman fight scene in the book than in the drama. Drama just showed us the devil face :sweatingbullets:

Maybe the subs for ep 43-44 will clear some things for us... 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:

What have you done to me @Snow Guardian:joy: I have now found the machine translated version again and gone into a rabbit hole of being half-confused and still somehow still enjoying the story with some skipping of stuff to get to NQ-SS goodness.

So for those outraged at how NQ-MSS relationship is portrayed in the drama and hope you have seen the last of her...

Hide contents

MSS will have significant encounters with NQ-SS at least two times and she continues to be the important catalyst to them talking about their relationship honestly.  SS clearly believes that NQ likes MSS, maybe not with the same depth as with her but enough where she will continue to feel it as a threat.  NQ is not the type of person who seem to be able to clearly know his feelings only that he has complicated feelings toward MSS but SS is his life.  As we know SS knows him better than he knows himself.

So maybe the writer is thinking about this for continuing with season 2 and beyond.  That they have to show it more clearly and for SS to see it because otherwise, SS actions later will look like being jealous for no reason.

This is around after they reunited again after SS becomes "Vast Sky" or is that the "Goddess of light"  https://lnmtl.com/c nohapter/ever-night-book-5-chapter-889.  It gets pretty dark and graphic and with the confusing translations I think it's better you get your own impression than me trying to explain it.

By the way beginning chapter 904 is when MSS gets roped in to NQ-SS now dysfunctional relationship.  At this point I feel so sorry for her cause all she did wrong is like somebody :tired:

DONT READ, its spoliers!:D

Spoiler

Yes, I remember that MSS kinda "begging" NQ for him to like her again. She kisses his cheek and SS knew.

But.. sigh, as usual, SS acts cold and look like "whatever". But, the most painful reply from NQ to mss, something like "whether its white SS or black SS. I will still choose her". So, MSS only can cry after hearing that. I feel her. MSS knew from the beginning, even though NQ said he likes her, but its only like or a crush since they are always sticking together during the battlefield in wasteland and MSS knew that NQ only LOVE one girl in his whole life and it will be never changes even though SS has changed.

After she kissed her, he quickly wash his face on the lake in front of SS. He was so nervous and worry that SS would get jealous. LOL.

(Why I suddenly feel hardcore shippers are cheering after reading this):joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

2 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Don't read, its spoliers!:D

Hide contents

Yes, I remember that MSS kinda "begging" NQ for him to like her again. She kisses his cheek and SS knew.

But.. sigh, as usual, SS acts cold and look like "whatever". But, the most painful reply from NQ to mss, something like "whether its white SS or black SS. I will still choose her". So, MSS only can cry after hearing that. I feel her. MSS knew from the beginning, even though NQ said he likes her, but its only like or a crush since they are always sticking together during the battlefield in wasteland and MSS knew that NQ only LOVE one girl in this whole life and it will be never changes even though SS has changed.

After she kissed her, he quickly wash his face on the lake in front of SS. He was so nervous and worry that SS would get jealous. LOL.

I hope they show this in s2! :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Been staying away to avoid spoilers and just finished 37.

Spoiler

Another good episode and that arrow shot at LQ at the end was soooooo satisfying! NQ breaks another level due to CPP’s ‘instant’ hot and sour soup and thinking of SS was brilliant lol. CPP as a kid was also cute - wonder why he is intimidated by Old Priest of Light. 

I understand that many people are invested Re ‘ships’ but this show should be considered beyond this aspect. 

Spoiler

The part where NQ says SS is his life was sweet and he talks about her all the time in the wilderness! Even though he is with MSS, I think it says a lot about NQ coming to realization etc.

Oh the ring!!!! Does his mean that Sister #3 knows something about NQ’s identity as the chiild of Hades?!?! I was wondering when he was going to use his gifts. Makes me want to buy an advent calendar for myself for some strange mixing of watching this show and with the holidays coming up.

A new villain and a really good one! Another fantastic episode where the stories from the past Re Junior Uncle falls into place! 

Thank goodness the next episode has been subbed! Gah so good! 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

As always you are full of humor. Good to see you @watchumlots

1. Always remember sometimes the writer and director or anyone one set DO MAKE MISTAKES. They forget or change something that will confuse us viewers. SS. GAVE THE UMBRELLA TO NQ. I think it was a fake umbrella SS used to scare people. 

2. SS was found as a baby, where did you see them say they found SS when she was 5 or 6 years old. Of it was said then it might be a lie they chose to tell outsiders. We all saw Ep12 and SS was a baby. 

3. I believe they walked out but they probably didn’t show us them leaving the cave. That is the beauty of tv show, they don’t always show us everything. Smh smh 

4.  Ep 44 ish She was the Princess guest for some banquet for the Empress. She was looking around and finally met her real mother. Mama took a glance at her ans she just felt drawn to out Sang Sang. 

Go Here  to read the novel. 

6. Only reason you might be confused is because we talk a lot about the novelbut comparing it and five spoilers. 

Thanks to @Snow Guardian  I too am reading the machine version and I can’t stop at all. 

@UnniSarah Chinguuu Unniiii, I have been waiting for you to say something yesterday.. I thought you also went to the mountain for cultivation:lol: and finally I found your post:heart:

• LOL 2

56 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hehehe NingQue does sounds jealous right? :D and i love this to no end :D

cr: as tagged

786d378dgy1fy6kuqeezvg20ff08nnpi_zpsvutm

This NQ always acts indifferent towards SS. Sometimes I would find him rude and rough to her as well.. so I used to think "hey dude, you always take her for granted. Always hide her at home and think she wasnt dare to leave home?". Then, when I saw him in this scene, I am satisfied!" LOL.:joy:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • LOL 4

Just saw 39 + 40 

Spoiler

The scenes of people finding out about SS having a Shifu and chess games are cute. Everyone is really clueless about SS’s potential and abilities.

Gah the battle between Master YS vs Master WGM was soooooo emotional and yet funny (paper rock scissors, the rainbow, the fireworks turning into the milky way gah!) I cried laughed (T.T). So beautifully filmed and acted too. I have enjoyed their scenes as teachers to NQ and SS so much. And even having SS as a witness but the real witness are also 2nd bro and CPP. I have to watch 41 Raw just to see how it goes. 

• Like 5