[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

2 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Maybe he invited him for his birthday party:lol: oh my... Arthur is so different and he really looks like a teenager:D quite different with NQ's facial expression in drama. His long black pant also looks exactly like mine:D and 2nd bro smile is melting my heart.

Somehow after you mentioned about his long black pant, i remembered his short adidas in some BTS, he surely like to wear it LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

On 12/17/2018 at 9:47 PM, raziela said:

For the MoSang and Second Brother/Jun Mo fans here is Dylan Kuo (2nd Brother) looking hot and tall :wub::

Everytime 2nd brother on screen, my mind will revert to Cha Eun Woo :wub: While everytime NQ on screen, he will reminds me Yifan :ph34r: Oh please. Take my soul away. Pssst pardon me since I need to distract myself from MSS :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

So i just watched the subbed part whereFirst Brother talks about life destiny and marriage to Ning Que and trying to play cupid with Mo Shan Shan and I now blame him for all of this mess!  Can he not see what a bumbling, clueless, idiot Ning Que is :joy:.  Okay, NQ liked her enough to be flirty with her and MSS is just happy she is getting attention from her crush but I don't think either  of them was thinking of anything serious.  After hearing about SS all the time I am sure MSS thought maybe she didn't have a chance. But First Brother literally taking it to another level just put ideas in NQ's head and got MSS hopes up.  Unless he redeems himself later on First Brother is officially on my s%&t list :tounge_wink:.  Also you really see how immature and inexperienced NQ is, I feel like the things he says here that both First Brother and MSS interpret as deeper feelings are really just him being thoughtless wanting to say good things that will impress MSS.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

18 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:

NQ is actually quite selfish when it comes to SS:

Reveal hidden contents

I understand the shock of finding out that SS has parents and maybe being suspicious of them at first.  But he went to there solely to bring SS back home.  He never thought that hey maybe he should see if they are nice people, why SS ended up underneath a pile of dead bodies, and maybe its wonderful for SS to reunite with her parents.  Like SS can actually have a higher status and a good life and it's not like they are never going to see each other since they live in the same city.  But no, he has to have SS back with him :joy:

Right? I found his self-righteous attitude towards her parents hilarious considering the awful circumstances Sang Sang actually did grow up in: starving, malnourished, homeless, poverty, at risk of perverts and criminals,  murder witness, maid in the army barracks doing all kinds of back-breaking chores without even a real bed to lay her head...but NQ's like: "Oh no this wealthy, respectable married couple might sleep in separate beds and are, therefore, obviously unsuitable to be my Sang Sang's parents" :joy:

18 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:

I loved the first few episodes of the drama then found out about the novel through this forum.  It's so beautifully written and thank goodness quality translations exists.  I am actually going to marathon the drama next week when more episodes are translated even rewatching the earlier episodes.  My goal is to enjoy the drama for what it is knowing that overall the cast and crew has done a good job adapting the novel.  I'm grateful to this production that they cast wonderful actors (I just realized that I never once thought that someone was miscast or acting badly even on minor roles) and used amazing sets and locations so when I read the novel I can just  imagine it as they are in the drama.

It is such a stunning drama to watch: the cinematography, sound editing, directing, scene composition.  Director Yang Yang really has an incredible eye for a scene.  This drama really goes to show the superiority of real sets and locations and minimal use of green screen.

10 hours ago, myden said:

@raziela I've been Dylan Kuo's biggest fan since The Ousiders. He's so darn handsome and I heard he is super nice in real life! :heart: He's like 6'2 so he does well in the modeling world. Here is a link to his instagram account so we can all stalk him. LOL https://www.instagram.com/dylan_kuopinchao/

Reveal hidden contents

Dylan also love working out. He's got muscles underneath! 

Am I the only one that doesn't really ship Sang Sang? I feel like she's just NQ's younger sister. (PLEASE DON'T THROW ROCKS AT ME! :crazy:) I actually liked YHY from day one. I think her character is interesting and their bickering is funny. I can't wait for NQ/YHY scenes. :sweatingbullets:

Thanks for your post and all the Dylan pictures!  In some places I've seen his name spelt with a 'G' but I see you as a Dylan superfan spell it with a 'K' so I changed the spelling in my original post. I didn't realise how handsome he was until the C-fans created the MoSang video using clips from his other dramas.  I think his huge headpiece as Second Brother is so distracting in the drama that you don't notice his face at first :lol:

Lots of people on this thread-including me-like YHY too! She's an awesome character and I like her interactions with others especially NQ.

9 hours ago, myden said:

I wonder why everyone in this forum dislike MSS so much? 

Aside from the shipping I think the hate towards MSS is mainly because her character and the NQ-MSS stuff has been given waaaayyy too much screen time than it should have in the story. Most of the NQ-MSS scenes hanging around  and making eyes at each other serve no purpose to the story at all and waste time and scenes which could be used more effectively on relevant characters and interesting story. Personally speaking, ship or no ship MSS is not the type of character I would be a fan of anyway. She's just a boring, standard Mary-Sue, perfect princess type.

10 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@dzareth @angelangie and... who else... ehmmmmm sorry guys... I haven't back read previous pages..... so I can't tag you guys... but eh.. just consider that I'm tagging you guys too Ok? :lol: 

Just want to add my 2 cents about the ending prediction of Season 1....

I think It'll end in a happy note. :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

After Ning Que defeats Xia Hou, they will visit WGM & Yanse's grave.... and this scene is what I predict as the closing scene.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

@angelangie This is why I placed this gif in my signature :lol:

Season 2 will start with Sang Sang's illness resurfacing...

And Season 3 will start like Dzareth prediction. 

Anyway.. can't wait to see this scene.....

Very good guess.  I  think you may be right.  I thought they would go for a cliffhanger ending

Spoiler

with SS illness relapse

but thinking about it when they filmed the first season they didn't know for sure they would get a second season so a happy ending makes sense.  And we know NQ is happy when he does the famous Sang Sang lift :D Thank you for the gifs. I can't wait to see them in the drama:heart:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

6 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:

So i just watched the subbed part whereFirst Brother talks about life destiny and marriage to Ning Que and trying to play cupid with Mo Shan Shan and I now blame him for all of this mess!  Can he not see what a bumbling, clueless, idiot Ning Que is :joy:.  Okay, NQ liked her enough to be flirty with her and MSS is just happy she is getting attention from her crush but I don't think either  of them was thinking of anything serious.  After hearing about SS all the time I am sure MSS thought maybe she didn't have a chance. But First Brother literally taking it to another level just put ideas in NQ's head and got MSS hopes up.  Unless he redeems himself later on First Brother is officially on my s%&t list :tounge_wink:.  Also you really see how immature and inexperienced NQ is, I feel like the things he says here that both First Brother and MSS interpret as deeper feelings are really just him being thoughtless wanting to say good things that will impress MSS.

This. I am a novel fan but I don’t hate MSS. I have watched all the scenes (never fast forwarding) and I do agree with you. Both NQ and MSS had crushes that weren’t so serious and despite all the flirting, I don’t think NQ was ever really serious about MSS. Eldest brother may be the real catalyst in getting them all to think on it. But like in life, what you think and what is reality doesn’t align. Re MSS - I actually enjoy all the scenes and didn’t feel it dragging at all. The main plot was always moving and I think NQ was learning, maturing and he needed her help etc. 

Dylan looks so much better in modern fashion lol. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

@rhaps Thank God no one likes the Tang Princess. LOL Yeah, doesn’t even wanna be in the same room for long. He knows the princess is too ambitious and will do anything to help her brother get the throne.  :unamused:

I see. I have yet to finish the novel so maybe my like for SS might change. I just don’t think you can fall for someone you literally grow up with. They are indeed like family. They depend on one another and have gone through so much hardship together. I can’t help but pin these two as brother-sister. “I think MSS is great, she's just too boring and nice   . Plus, I don't know whether she is suitable for NQ or not, because she seems to be a very nice and honest girl from a very good environment, while NQ is .. well, NQ . I doubt it that MSS can adapt through his hard life. That's why I think that SS and YHY are more suitable for him.” Sang Sang is such an innocent and kind girl. Even more so than MSS in my opinion. :lol: Personally, I have always preferred characters from the demon sect or someone who isn’t super kind and innocent. MSS is indeed a boring character because she doesn't seem to have any flaws. However, i also kind of like her because she’s elegant and has a few cute scenes with NQ. If the directors gave more scenes towards NQ-MSS then they really just want to promote her as an actress. This often happens in C-entertainment. I remember in Princess Agents where they spent 2 plus whopping episodes on just Yan Xun being shot at. That was sooooo unnecessary and time consuming. :expressionless:

@raziela You’re welcome! You can spell it whichever way you want! :relaxed: Kuo or Guo is pretty much the same. His Chinese name is Guo Ping Chao but I think whenever they use his English name, they prefer Dylan Kuo? It could be different because of Mandarin and Cantonese spelling. LOL yah, they messed up on the giant head piece thing. He’s already 6’2, there is no need to make him look even taller. He's also a singer.. Second brother is a triple threat! I love this song and MV so much. :heart:

YAYY I'm so glad there are more YHY fans in here. I thought I would be all alone in this thread! I like her character because she's gorgeous, powerful, mysterious, straightforward and she has that IDGAF attitude. LOL Ye HongYu FTW!!

C5rYtgXU0AQyggQ.jpg

Ever+Night+Stills5.jpg

Also, I haven’t read the entire novel so i am so confused about the different levels of cultivation.. Can someone please break it down for me since my cultivation level is so low? LOL :grimace:

• Like 4

Hmmm I think I know why Authur isnt in S2...  *blush* god season 2 & 3 has so many ahemmmm....intimate scene. Gahhh...I cant picture lil Arthur acting out those scene......

Lol Im sure thats not the real reason ahahah but man....after they become engage....he just touch wherever he likes!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

59 minutes ago, stella77 said:

Both NQ and MSS had crushes that weren’t so serious and despite all the flirting, I don’t think NQ was ever really serious about MSS. Eldest brother may be the real catalyst in getting them all to think on it. But like in life, what you think and what is reality doesn’t align.

1 minute ago, rhaps said:

@myden, SS is innocent too, but she comes from the same environment with NQ and she knows everything about hik. In the novel, it is said that all of NQ's sweet talks and cunning tricks were all known by SS, so he couldnt apply that to her. In short, she understands him and vice versa

It's different with MSS. The way she lives and the teachings that she got is different than NQ. When I watched their dialogues when they were in the wilderness, the difference in their ways of thinking was clearly shown. She was just infatuated by him, so she ignored all of that. But, in a long run, if they decided to be in a serious relationship, MSS would see more things about NQ that was not as pretty as what she knew at that time.

The thing about NQ is that he is an opportunist who can charm and endear himself to other people to get what he wants. You saw that happening repeatedly to all the people he meets who he thinks can help him.  I'm sure he is physically attracted to MSS, but he also recognized that she is someone who has more advanced skills than he does and more powerful than he is that can help him in his quest in the wilderness.  Others either see right through him or just humor him but MSS responds to it sincerely and with clear affection, which flatters him of course.

For example, during that confrontation with LQ he taunts NQ about hiding behind MSS and can he do that forever.  When NQ is like yes I will hide behind her forever, MSS has this look as if she thinks that NQ just said he wants to be with her but NQ is just being his typical shameless self.  I do think he feels sincerely grateful to MSS and feels close to her after all they have been through but I don't think he knew how to categorize her in his life until First Brother put his foot in his mouth :angry:

• Like 8

4 hours ago, raziela said:

Right? I found his self-righteous attitude towards her parents hilarious considering the awful circumstances Sang Sang actually did grow up in: starving, malnourished, homeless, poverty, at risk of perverts and criminals,  murder witness, maid in the army barracks doing all kinds of back-breaking chores without even a real bed to lay her head...but NQ's like: "Oh no this wealthy, respectable married couple might sleep in separate beds and are, therefore, obviously unsuitable to be my Sang Sang's parents" :joy:

It is such a stunning drama to watch: the cinematography, sound editing, directing, scene composition.  Director Yang Yang really has an incredible eye for a scene.  This drama really goes to show the superiority of real sets and locations and minimal use of green screen.

Thanks for your post and all the Dylan pictures!  In some places I've seen his name spelt with a 'G' but I see you as a Dylan superfan spell it with a 'K' so I changed the spelling in my original post. I didn't realise how handsome he was until the C-fans created the MoSang video using clips from his other dramas.  I think his huge headpiece as Second Brother is so distracting in the drama that you don't notice his face at first :lol:

Lots of people on this thread-including me-like YHY too! She's an awesome character and I like her interactions with others especially NQ.

Aside from the shipping I think the hate towards MSS is mainly because her character and the NQ-MSS stuff has been given waaaayyy too much screen time than it should have in the story. Most of the NQ-MSS scenes hanging around  and making eyes at each other serve no purpose to the story at all and waste time and scenes which could be used more effectively on relevant characters and interesting story. Personally speaking, ship or no ship MSS is not the type of character I would be a fan of anyway. She's just a boring, standard Mary-Sue, perfect princess type.

Very good guess.  I  think you may be right.  I thought they would go for a cliffhanger ending

Reveal hidden contents

with SS illness relapse

but thinking about it when they filmed the first season they didn't know for sure they would get a second season so a happy ending makes sense.  And we know NQ is happy when he does the famous Sang Sang lift :D Thank you for the gifs. I can't wait to see them in the drama:heart:

YHY character is neat.  I like her stoic demeanor, yet feisty attitude. She also doesnt take anyone's bullsh*t.  XiaoTang is pretty cool too. I really like her spunky/plucky attitude. MSS is a sweet girl but she's not the kind of character I gravitate towards. NQ/MSS's interactions is soft&sweet but a tad boring. Yu'er/princess is a complete

snoozefest. Thank goodness her interactions w/NQ is minimal. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

52 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

YHY character is neat.  I like her stoic demeanor, yet feisty attitude. She also doesnt take anyone's bullsh*t.  XiaoTang is pretty cool too. I really like her spunky/plucky attitude. MSS is a sweet girl but she's not the kind of character I gravitate towards. NQ/MSS's interactions is soft&sweet but a tad boring. Yu'er/princess is a complete

snoozefest. Thank goodness her interactions w/NQ is minimal. 

I actually kinda find the princess fascinating and although I'm bored by the  scenes in the palace I enjoy her scenes with NQ.  Maybe it's just me but I see her having this attraction-repulsion feeling towards NQ and he knows it so pushes her buttons.  Any conversation with them is like a power struggle.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

I actually kinda find the princess fascinating and although I'm bored by the  scenes in the palace I enjoy her scenes with NQ.  Maybe it's just me but I see her having this attraction-repulsion feeling towards NQ and he knows it so pushes her buttons.  Any conversation with them is like a power struggle.

The story arc for her hasnt really pushed/challenge her the way it could. I really like that she has an ambition but her scenes are mostly in her manor/small talks w/her dad & hanging around. I would like to see her and demonsect/step mom battle it out w/wits but so far, no sign.  Im not far into the season yet, so things might change. Yu'er def. is attracted to him & he sure does tease her. I find mostly, if not, the whole royal family, the least engaging bunch in the season. I almost forgot the grand prince/emperor's bro exist.  LQ/flower addict is also a snoozefest.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, myden said:

If the directors gave more scenes towards NQ-MSS then they really just want to promote her as an actress. This often happens in C-entertainment.

Knowing the shadiness that goes on behind the scenes I definitely suspect this might have had something to do with why the MSS role and screen time were significantly increased.  Crystal Yuan Bing Yan is popular and I doubt her agency would be happy for her to play second fiddle to a newbie like Song Yi Ren so they probably insisted her part was fluffed up before she signed on.  And, tbh, producers might have thought she is easier to market as well.

3 hours ago, myden said:

@raziela You’re welcome! You can spell it whichever way you want! :relaxed: Kuo or Guo is pretty much the same. 

Thanks so much!  I'll use Kuo if that's what you are using. I think the headpiece is accurate to the original novel but considering his height they could have decreased the height at least a little bit :D

3 hours ago, myden said:

YAYY I'm so glad there are more YHY fans in here. I thought I would be all alone in this thread! I like her character because she's gorgeous, powerful, mysterious, straightforward and she has that IDGAF attitude. LOL Ye HongYu FTW!!

YHY is really cool!  If the love triangle had involved YHY I think I would feel more interested and conflicted unlike MSS where I'm just like "Bye Felicia":lol:

2 hours ago, kiara_bleu said:

The thing about NQ is that he is an opportunist who can charm and endear himself to other people to get what he wants. You saw that happening repeatedly to all the people he meets who he thinks can help him. 

This is why I think he is such an interesting protagonist. He's a hero who is actually an anti-hero. In most other dramas a character with his personality would be a supporting character or even a bad guy.  Not often you would see a protagonist like this particularly in C-dramas.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kiara_bleu said:

Same.  The way NQ purposely plays around with her: getting all up in her personal space, making loaded comments and then just walking off or bursting her bubble is so funny.  It's clear he is not interested in her at all but he knows the Princess is and the Princess almost falls for it every time because, like you said, she is both attracted and frustrated by him. She was so sure she would be able to manipulate him and make him one of her people but NQ was not having any of it:lol:

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

The story arc for her hasnt really pushed/challenge her the way that it could. I really like that she has an ambition but her scenes are mostly in her manor/small talks w/her dad & hanging around. I would like to see her and demonsect/step mom battle it out w/wits but so far, no sign.  Im not far into the season yet, so things might change. Yu'er def. is attracted to him & he sure does tease her. I find mostly, if not, the whole royal family, the least engaging bunch in the season. I almost forgot the grand prince/emperor's bro exist.  LQ/flower addict is also a snoozefest.

The royal family are unengaging but I actually don't mind their scenes because they are the most straightforward in the drama for me; mainly standard Paalace drama stuff.   Easy to follow and I'm not emotionally invested enough in any of the characters to care much. 

LQ and Flower Addict are definitely a snoozefest :sleeping: I don't even know if we are supposed to care about this couple?  Does anyone care about them? I still LMAO thinking about his proposal where he made it sound as if he was doing her a favour by proposing to her. Like she should be grateful or something and she still agreed!:rolleyes::lol: :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

We didn't hate MSS, we loveeeeee her but since the drama looks like overshadowing her over SS which supposed to be the main highlight here... Nah, s1 is known as NQ history life B). So let's eat popcorn for s2, we'll see how the story will continue *smirks* 

Actually i want ro quote someone's topic but i forgot which one hahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, myden said:

Also, I haven’t read the entire novel so i am so confused about the different levels of cultivation.. Can someone please break it down for me since my cultivation level is so low? LOL :grimace:

My cultivation level is non-existent :Pbut i just rewatched the scene where the levels are named in episode 3 and they are:

Basic

Perception

No Doubt 

See Through

Knowing Destiny

then two legendary realms:

Revelation 

Freestyle 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, kimong8 said:

We didn't hate MSS, we loveeeeee her but since the drama looks like overshadowing her over SS which supposed to be the main highlight here... Nah, s1 is known as NQ history life B). So let's eat popcorn for s2, we'll see how the story will continue *smirks* 

Actually i want ro quote someone's topic but i forgot which one hahahahahahahahahaha

We are all like Ning Que anyone who hurts Sang Sang must be eliminated from this earth :rage::tounge_xd::lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Hello everyone

I have a question to anyone who has read the novel 

Spoiler

Does LQ really love the Flower Addict??? 

@raziela  Wow we do think alike. That proposal wasn’t the least romantic. She acted like it was the most beautiful thing ever.  You are he did make it seem like he was doing her a favor. I don’t think he ever loved her but more along the lines of him loving himself more.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Same.  The way NQ purposely plays around with her: getting all up in her personal space, making loaded comments and then just walking off or bursting her bubble is so funny.  It's clear he is not interested in her at all but he knows the Princess is and the Princess almost falls for it every time because, like you said, she is both attracted and frustrated by him. She was so sure she would be able to manipulate him and make him one of her people but NQ was not having any of it:lol:

The royal family are unengaging but I actually don't mind their scenes because they are the most straightforward in the drama for me; mainly standard Paalace drama stuff.   Easy to follow and I'm not emotionally invested enough in any of the characters to care much.  LQ and Flower Addict are definitely a snoozefest :sleeping: I don't know if we we supposed to care about this couple?  Does anyone care about them? I still LMAO thinking about his proposal where he made it sound as if he was doing her a favour by proposing to her. Like she should be grateful or something and she still agreed!:rolleyes: :lol::lol:

I really enjoy political affairs w/in palace walls in period dramas, so Im slightly disappointed in how uninteresting the royals are. I was hoping for more cunning/battle of wits /backstabbing/scheming/

assasination level of stuff to happen.

LQ is an uninteresting antagonist along w/flower addict. Those two together is like bleach to the eyes. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

9 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello everyone

I have a question to anyone who has read the novel 

Reveal hidden contents

Does LQ really love the Flower Addict??? 

@raziela  Wow we do think alike. That proposal wasn’t the least romantic. She acted like it was the most beautiful thing ever.  You are he did make it seem like he was doing her a favor. I don’t think he ever loved her but more along the lines of him loving himself more.

I skip their parts in the novel too :D

• LOL 3