[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

24 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Hide contents

Wasnt LL supposed to die in the battle of the wasteland? IIRC, Xiao got the newa after he was killed by NQ. He was acting by his own and tried to kill NQ by himself without telling XH

He was! But this scene got cut! He's not dead yet in the drama.... 

Spoiler

LOL.. remember what I say about excess uses of Chen lingxue as the only Xiling deacon to appear in major event (in the drama)?.... I think Lin Ling is used the same way :joy:

From the spoiler shared, Lin Ling looks to be a talisman practitioner too... So...... I'm guessing the script writer blends Lin Ling's character with XH's other subordinate... LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@UnniSarah NQ was leaving for another trip to lanke temple for some festival with SS.  But he did not have any intention to propose at all. SS's father told him that he will not allow her daughter as his handmaiden to accompany him in the trip.  So he asked him to marry him.  But NQ was shocked and it he did not expect it at all.  Seeing his expression, his dad suggested at least to get engaged with SS and take her with him anywhere.  It's in chapter 497: Another dream.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, thartie said:

I will ship anybody for SangSang as long as it will bring the jealousy out of NQ! hahahhaha

Any

I would ship any good looking man for Sang Sang just to upset NQ. And let's see how protective and jealous he can become. hahahhha

I too will ship any man who can make NQ jealous but I think LQ will get him riled up more because LQ already wants her especially after what he said to him at the WIlderness. LQ thought he finally had a chance because of MSS. smh smh smh  LOL LOL  haha-milk-bottle-emoticon.gifevil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif  

• LOL 3

4 minutes ago, rhaps said:

That should be cheaper, I think ..LOL 

I pity LQ in the novel, but not in the drama, hahaha. The drama makes him more evil and boring. 

Reveal hidden contents

It's the part after SS left the house . NQ manages to find her but she refuses to come back with him. At this time, NQ has (FINALLY) realized what's going on with her (and HIM) . He goes the a lake near the Academy and yells out his frustrations there. One of the things that he says (out loud) is something like,

"What do you want really? Are you wondering why I never ask you to marry me??? Okay, I admit that I once (have?)thought of asking you that, but what if you got angry and hit me instead???" 

I dont remember what exactly did he say, but more or less is like that :P

@rhaps   You have made my day chingu.. I can' t stop laughing  lol 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, thartie said:

I'll tell you, When MSS told NQ, " I want you to like me too", NQ just said, That seems fair. I mean, when I man will not even answer your question right away, but has done so much thinking before opening his mouth, and even when he open his mouth, the first words that comes out is just " That seems Fair, that means, that man doesn't have feelings towards you. lol  

@thartie  Exactrly,  she just kept on pushing and pushing.  smh smh smh 

@rhaps, I don't think he proposed to her anytime.  He will get a hint that SS did not like him liking other girls.  So he asked her to come back home with him. She will not go with him.  He will vent his frustrations towards the lake valley when she did not go with him.

Later when she comes to know that he got hurt, she will go home to take care of him.  In the meantime he will kinda tell MSS that he cannot accept her love.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, pad-hari said:

No huanyan, he is the next shameless je** second to NQ.  Actually there's a bts video of SS and JM, the pic is from that.  Love them too.  Here's that bts video of SS and JM

Did anyone notice? They digged a hole under SS’s feet to make her appear shorter. hahaha hahahaha. So there is hope that SS will appear taller later. lol

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote vids
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

For the LQXSS shippers:P

https://v.qq.com/x/cover/rpup19lfbuf2skc/d0805tadfuj.html

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Regarding your question in the spoiler tag :

Reveal hidden contents

It's the part after SS left the house . NQ manages to find her but she refuses to come back with him. At this time, NQ has (FINALLY) realized what's going on with her (and HIM) . He goes the a lake near the Academy and yells out his frustrations there. One of the things that he says (out loud) is something like,

"What do you want really? Are you wondering why I never ask you to marry me??? Okay, I admit that I once (have?)thought of asking you that, but what if you got angry and hit me instead???" 

I dont remember what exactly did he say, but more or less is like that :P

Spoiler

I really love this part as well it's so funny NQ talking to himself or as if SS was there with him.  The conversation just descended into ridiculousness.  Like how dare she tell me to use less oil to fry my eggs, when she's not even there.  You brought me up? I brought you up!  And something like I like eating meat does it mean I can't eat prawns?  Why don't you like it? Can't we just eat together? If I like women can't you like women? LOL I don't mind if they spend an entire episode on this scene.

I also like the part where NQ goes around the entire city asking if anyone has seen SS.  And asking the fish gang to look for her and the imperial guards to shut the city gates. Then after SS comes back they go around again and NQ is all like I got my SS back now everything is OK now I'm not going to burn the city down looking for her now.

Spoiler

I think if NQ and MSS got together NQ would have become bored eventually.  There is another food reference which might point to this.  When SS comes back to look after NQ who had been injured she makes beef porridge.  NQ remembers that they once ate beef porridge four days in a row because they though it was delicious and special but after eating it non-stop for four day they got bored of it and realised it wasn't that special after all and never ate it again.

Spoiler

I just saw the preview.  Didn't NQ fight with the Monk after he rejected MSS? I'm getting confused.

• LOL 4

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

Hide contents

Wasnt LL supposed to die in the battle of the wasteland? IIRC, Xiao got the newa after he was killed by NQ. He was acting by his own and tried to kill NQ by himself without telling XH

I read this chapter about Lin Ling

Spoiler

He began to fall down, during which he struggled to open his eyes and looked at the ground with blurred sight and just saw the Horse Gang leader raising his head to see him too. Now he could confirm that this leader should be a great Psyche Master at Seethrough State!

How noble and powerful it was for a great Psyche Master at Seethrough State. If he was in the military camp, he must be a general. If he served in the imperial court,he must be a Minister of Offerings. If he was in the earthy world, he would be respected. Why such a man should disguise himself as a Horse Gang to kill me?

Ning Que realized he had underestimated his enemy. If he had known that he was the target of the enemy and his opponent was a great Psyche Master with great power earlier, he would have used the Primordial Thirteen Arrows absolutely at the beginning. Although Second Brother had also said such words, this Horse Gang leader was definitely not weaker than Prince Long Qing!

The Horse Gang leader, or we should say, Lin Ling, a great Psyche Master in the fortress army of northeast Tang Empire, slightly raised his head and narrowed his eyes. Looking at Ning Que who was spurting blood in the air, he shew a complicated expression in his eyes, a mixture of being complacent, fearful and proud.

If the Military Minister wanted to investigate somebody, it would definitely dig out all his past and background. The strength and fight habit Ning Que had shown at the entrance of Northern Mountain Road and the fact that he learnt Talisman Taoism from Master Yan Se were all in their list of investigation.

A great Psyche Master at Seethrough State had made such careful and meticulous preparation before his fight with a greenhand at No Doubts State. If by doing so he still couldn't kill his opponent, it just proved that Haotian was unfair.

Anyway, Lin Ling still felt proud when seeing Ning Que was about to die. Because even though he was the strongest Psyche Master in the fortress army of northeast, the person he killed today was a student of the Second floor of the Academy and the core disciple of the Headmaster of Academy.

So that's why he felt both proud and fearful. Therefore, after confirming that he had killed Ning Que, he decided to kill his trusted followers beside him immediately... as well as he himself. He wouldn't allow this affair to trouble the general.

The horse carriage between the camps that had been in silence for a long time suddenly moved, yet the movement was earthshaking.

The whole carriage broke, with curtains, wooden blocks, metal and accessaries spraying to all directions like arrows.

With the broke of the carriage, the girl in white drifted to the air, her delicate and waterfall-like black hair drifting with wind. She looked at the firewall, and her scattered eyesight suddenly focused. Her pale face abnormally flushed and then she pointed out one finger.

The slender finger drew several lines in the biting winter wind of the Wilderness.

With her finger breaking the air, the wind and the heaven and earth, an invisible power formed with the drawing of lines.

This was the Infinitive Talisman which could only be drawn by Divine Talisman Masters at Knowing Destiny State!

The finger of the girl in white fiercely trembled, as if she was suffering from great pain.

Finally, she just managed to draw a half of this talisman rather than the whole one.

She indifferently glanced at the side of the firewall and could faintly see that the figure of Ning Que was falling down at a high speed.

She closed her eyes, falling backwards to the ground.

The unfinished talisman suddenly collapsed and contracted, causing all the surroundings to collapse and condense with it. And in a very short time, it condensed into a mass of transparent air.

The invisible and transparent power of talisman, like fists waved out by God with full strength, violently rushed out and broke a huge hole in the firewall!

Over ten Horse Gangs fell down from their horses one after another, blood spurting out from them.

The pupil of the Horse Gang leader severely condensed. Even if he was a great Psyche Master at Seethrough Sate, he still sensed the horror of the power.

Although the talisman was unfinished, it was still the Infinitive Talisman that only Divine Talisman Masters could understand.

Divine Talisman.

Next chapter:

The firewall on the front of the camp was intended to give Ning Que an opportunity to kill the Horse Gang leader, yet it didn't cover an area large enough to ward off those Horse Gangs. During the previous tangled fight, the Horse Gangs yelled and waved their curved knives and rushed in when the laager consisting of plates and hay bags was already badly damaged. Those disciples of Black Ink Garden, holding their sharp knives, fought against the enemy with great determination, but the fight took a heavy toll on those soldiers and workers of Yan Kingdom in a very short time.

At the moment, the Horse Gang leader was missing. Nobody knew whether he had been taken away by his trusted subordinate because of his serious injury, or if he had died and his corpse stamped into the mud by the hoofbeats. This had greatly impacted the Horse Gangs and the assaulting queue was in an array of disorder. Moreover, the defense forces in the camp were on the edge of great danger.

So Lin Ling is a talisman and managed to escape but unclear whether he's dead or not, i havent read it further. CMIIW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Someone Please help me . I just saw a trailer for Even Night at mydrama list. 

I need someone to help  me with something In the trailer  at  0:21  I read Startint today  You're the Prince of Yan  Long Quin's Royal Consort  ( do they mean Lu Chen Jia  is the Consort). 

@rhaps @satanghaesolim @lynne22  @pad-hari @stucked  @raziela @epinklyn  and other chingu's 

Here is the link  https://mydramalist.com/27178-ever-night/trailers/12168  

It would seem there are a lot of LQ and SS shippers. A lot of people are watching the video lol lol 

c7Jw_fjU3HntOgABupzQcM4Nvkkl6k9ZGZ3HG7HK

• LOL 1

19 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Someone Please help me . I just saw a trailer for Even Night at mydrama list. 

I need someone to help  me with something In the trailer  at  0:21  I read Startint today  You're the Prince of Yan  Long Quin's Royal Consort  ( do they mean Lu Chen Jia  is the Consort). 

@rhaps @satanghaesolim @lynne22  @pad-hari @stucked  @raziela @epinklyn  and other chingu's 

Here is the link  https://mydramalist.com/27178-ever-night/trailers/12168  

Yes LQ proposed Lu Chen Jia before he goes to the wilderness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, littlemissmiss said:

Y’all, I have a very important question...

Is NQ and SS reuniting this week?!

God I sure hope so!! I just can't wait for the episode when SS leaves NQ lol. I'm watching ep 41/42 tonight just waiting for it to be uploaded

• Like 3

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

I read this chapter about Lin Ling

Reveal hidden contents

He began to fall down, during which he struggled to open his eyes and looked at the ground with blurred sight and just saw the Horse Gang leader raising his head to see him too. Now he could confirm that this leader should be a great Psyche Master at Seethrough State!

How noble and powerful it was for a great Psyche Master at Seethrough State. If he was in the military camp, he must be a general. If he served in the imperial court,he must be a Minister of Offerings. If he was in the earthy world, he would be respected. Why such a man should disguise himself as a Horse Gang to kill me?

Ning Que realized he had underestimated his enemy. If he had known that he was the target of the enemy and his opponent was a great Psyche Master with great power earlier, he would have used the Primordial Thirteen Arrows absolutely at the beginning. Although Second Brother had also said such words, this Horse Gang leader was definitely not weaker than Prince Long Qing!

The Horse Gang leader, or we should say, Lin Ling, a great Psyche Master in the fortress army of northeast Tang Empire, slightly raised his head and narrowed his eyes. Looking at Ning Que who was spurting blood in the air, he shew a complicated expression in his eyes, a mixture of being complacent, fearful and proud.

If the Military Minister wanted to investigate somebody, it would definitely dig out all his past and background. The strength and fight habit Ning Que had shown at the entrance of Northern Mountain Road and the fact that he learnt Talisman Taoism from Master Yan Se were all in their list of investigation.

A great Psyche Master at Seethrough State had made such careful and meticulous preparation before his fight with a greenhand at No Doubts State. If by doing so he still couldn't kill his opponent, it just proved that Haotian was unfair.

Anyway, Lin Ling still felt proud when seeing Ning Que was about to die. Because even though he was the strongest Psyche Master in the fortress army of northeast, the person he killed today was a student of the Second floor of the Academy and the core disciple of the Headmaster of Academy.

So that's why he felt both proud and fearful. Therefore, after confirming that he had killed Ning Que, he decided to kill his trusted followers beside him immediately... as well as he himself. He wouldn't allow this affair to trouble the general.

The horse carriage between the camps that had been in silence for a long time suddenly moved, yet the movement was earthshaking.

The whole carriage broke, with curtains, wooden blocks, metal and accessaries spraying to all directions like arrows.

With the broke of the carriage, the girl in white drifted to the air, her delicate and waterfall-like black hair drifting with wind. She looked at the firewall, and her scattered eyesight suddenly focused. Her pale face abnormally flushed and then she pointed out one finger.

The slender finger drew several lines in the biting winter wind of the Wilderness.

With her finger breaking the air, the wind and the heaven and earth, an invisible power formed with the drawing of lines.

This was the Infinitive Talisman which could only be drawn by Divine Talisman Masters at Knowing Destiny State!

The finger of the girl in white fiercely trembled, as if she was suffering from great pain.

Finally, she just managed to draw a half of this talisman rather than the whole one.

She indifferently glanced at the side of the firewall and could faintly see that the figure of Ning Que was falling down at a high speed.

She closed her eyes, falling backwards to the ground.

The unfinished talisman suddenly collapsed and contracted, causing all the surroundings to collapse and condense with it. And in a very short time, it condensed into a mass of transparent air.

The invisible and transparent power of talisman, like fists waved out by God with full strength, violently rushed out and broke a huge hole in the firewall!

Over ten Horse Gangs fell down from their horses one after another, blood spurting out from them.

The pupil of the Horse Gang leader severely condensed. Even if he was a great Psyche Master at Seethrough Sate, he still sensed the horror of the power.

Although the talisman was unfinished, it was still the Infinitive Talisman that only Divine Talisman Masters could understand.

Divine Talisman.

Next chapter:

The firewall on the front of the camp was intended to give Ning Que an opportunity to kill the Horse Gang leader, yet it didn't cover an area large enough to ward off those Horse Gangs. During the previous tangled fight, the Horse Gangs yelled and waved their curved knives and rushed in when the laager consisting of plates and hay bags was already badly damaged. Those disciples of Black Ink Garden, holding their sharp knives, fought against the enemy with great determination, but the fight took a heavy toll on those soldiers and workers of Yan Kingdom in a very short time.

At the moment, the Horse Gang leader was missing. Nobody knew whether he had been taken away by his trusted subordinate because of his serious injury, or if he had died and his corpse stamped into the mud by the hoofbeats. This had greatly impacted the Horse Gangs and the assaulting queue was in an array of disorder. Moreover, the defense forces in the camp were on the edge of great danger.

So Lin Ling is a talisman and managed to escape but unclear whether he's dead or not, i havent read it further. CMIIW

@epinklyn In the book, NQ will finds him, and then kills him before NQ depart with MSS to the wilderness. In the drama, it didn't happen. LoL. And Lin Ling is not a talisman master in the book. 

I can see why the script writer changed it... in the book, NQ tortured Lin Ling before he killed him, and judging from previous episodes that we've seen, torture or something that's too intense like cannibalism, won't appear in this drama. And of course they have to do time management, so combining his character with another one that's going to fight NQ in the future makes sense too. 

@littlemissmiss maybeee yes.. maybe no :ph34r: it could still happen in the end of 42... we'll just have to wait and see. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

God I sure hope so!! I just can't wait for the episode when SS leaves NQ lol. I'm watching ep 41/42 tonight just waiting for it to be uploaded

I just had a quick skim through of ep 42. Unfortunately NQ hasn't reunited with SS :tears:. The first part of ep 41

Spoiler

Was so heart wrenching. Really made me cry when WGM and YS left the world. And also Jun Mo cares for SS so much 

Really starting to ship them so much now haha 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

@littlemissmiss I don't think there's going to be reunion of SS and NQ before episode 50+.  Coz a soompier posted preview for EP.50 in which NQ was flirting with MSS even after coming back home leaving SS alone.  Awwwww, my :heartbreak:.  So, she may leave home at the end of EP.50 and EP.51-52 may be NQ will realise his love for SS and reunion of our OTP.  just my guess.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

@littlemissmiss I don't think there's going to be reunion of SS and NQ before episode 50+.  Coz a soompier posted preview for EP.50 in which NQ was flirting with MSS even after coming back home leaving SS alone.  Awwwww, my :heartbreak:.  So, she may leave home at the end of EP.50 and EP.51-52 may be NQ will realise his love for SS and reunion of our OTP.  just my guess.

@lynne22 @ningsangcpp

1. EP 51-52?! We only get our wholesome duo back for 8-9 episodes? If this is true, surely it is one of the biggest injustices of the world :lol: 

2. Do the episode previews actually match the right episode though? I think there was some discussion that it was off?

3. I’m up to ep 30/31 right before NQ&MSS take too much screen time. Drama NQ, by the comments I skimmed through (I don’t want to get into too spoilers even though I read the book lol), seem to be less considerate/sweet than Novel NQ. UGH. I can’t wait till Drama NQ suffers and I hope the show every part of the novel where:

Spoiler

- he wakes up and thinks SS has gone to the market

- he goes back to sleep and she’s still not there

- he makes food for two and doesn’t eat it 

- he checks their money and sees that she’s gone

- he brings all his stuff with him as he leaves Old Brush Pen so material things can make him feel better for not having SS

- he tells gate guard to close the city gates and that SS took his money so they can search for her 

- he FINALLY realizes that he was gone for 6 months and SS has been gone for half a day and he’s gone crazy missing her!!! 

- literally everything in the book in the chapter 

I very much would like to see NQ suffer because he’s a flirty punk and SS deserves better lol. 

What a great holiday present that would be!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

5 minutes ago, littlemissmiss said:

@lynne22 @ningsangcpp

1. EP 51-52?! We only get our wholesome duo back for 8-9 episodes? If this is true, surely it is one of the biggest injustices of the world :lol: 

2. Do the episode previews actually match the right episode though? I think there was some discussion that it was off?

3. I’m up to ep 30/31 right before NQ&MSS take too much screen time. Drama NQ, by the comments I skimmed through (I don’t want to get into too spoilers even though I read the book lol), seem to be less considerate/sweet than Novel NQ. UGH. I can’t wait till Drama NQ suffers and I hope the show every part of the novel where:

Hide contents

- he brings all his stuff with him as he leaves Old Brush Pen so material things can make him feel better for not having SS

- he tells gate guard to close the city gates and that SS took his money so they can search for her 

- he FINALLY realizes that he was gone for 6 months and SS has been gone for half a day and he’s gone crazy missing her!!! 

I very much would like to see NQ suffer because he’s a flirty punk and SS deserves better lol. 

Yep i believe the preview episode numbers are definitely off! 2x previews i watched that were supposedly for ep 48/49 had already appeared in ep 42. so im pretty sure NQ and SS will reunite in next weeks episodes. then we can see NQ suffer hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

12 minutes ago, littlemissmiss said:

@lynne22 @ningsangcpp

Reveal hidden contents

can someone pm the link for the book pretty please???

• Like 2