[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

tired.....went out the whole afternoon with mom and grandma lols.....well it weekend and i cannot simply stay at home.....my mom will kill me if i dont spend some times with her rather than staying cope up in my room lols....

actually @stella77 is right....they do not need words or gesture.....they had grew up together sides by sides....all it needs is that some indicator and both know perfectly what the other part needs.....just like the parts when they were guiding the princess out......there this part in the book.....where SangSang starts feeling cold and nothing is helping......it was a very normal arrangement....and with no words exchange or look exchange.....NingQue pass SangSang the sack for her to sip on and SangSang without saying anything just gulp it up and then proceeded to fall back to sleep....

NingQue didnt even need to ask whether is she feeling better like in the drama.....in the drama they had them spell it and act it out....but in the book.....NingQue knew SangSang was feeling better and the cold had left her body because he had her feet on his body every night and also there is a sweat beads forming on SangSang face finally......

just a small sweat bead and that is all it take for NingQue to know that she is better.....in the scenes of fighting...SangSang can read NingQue move and have absolutely trust in NingQue, we can see no hesitation in between.....in the drama SangSang hide from the blow that NingQue was about deliver since she ran to him from behind but u can see at the moment or inches from the moment he was about to hack it down....it stop in mid swing....no one in the heat of battle can do that....but NingQue did because the very person is SangSang and when she was chases down by those barbarians in the wood....there is no other thought but for her to reach NingQue.....she doesnt goes to the nearest soldier but she went to NingQue......

that is how much trust is in between NingQue and SangSang :) no one can reach this kind of path of understanding in between 2 individuals unless they both trusted each other fully......they can read each other move without much efforts......

How i love reading about this two couple, thx for the explanation @angelangie, is there any couple like these couple character NingSang in any jianghu novels? Their destiny, how they meet, and how their life goes, until the end. I'm so happy and feel lucky to be able knowing this novel, and able to watch a decent adaptation drama, hopefully it will get remake like Gu Long or Jin Young or any other famous author. Getting here i feel so sad and dissapoint to the fact that CFY is not coming back for the 2nd season :tears: 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Spoiler translation for ep 31 SS slowly losing her marbles

Spoiler

SS: Young Master, I heard that the wilderness is very cold. You have to remember to do the same as me and eat something hot. Since you are not here, I eat a little more simple but it's quite tasty.

Imaginary NQ: If it tastes good then eat a little more. Take my share and eat it as well.

SS: nods

SS: Do you want to taste? Not giving.

Imaginary NQ: Very ugly.

SS: Young Master what did you say?

SS: Young Master, Sang Sang really misses you very much. When will you come back?

Student: What are you thinking?

Real NQ: Thinking about Sang Sang, thinking about home.

Student: Yeah, We have already come out for more than one month.

Spoiler translation for ep 32

Spoiler

SS: The weather outside is so cold and the wind is so strong. If you sleep outside I also won't sleep peacefully. Put the blanket over there.

SS: Today, for now, stay here for the night. Tomorrow when the weather is good, then you can go. Sleep. Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat?

WGM: Thank you for letting me stay.

SS: Quickly sleep. Don't forget to extinguish the candles.

SS: Don't mess up the things.

SS: Young Master, is the wilderness cold? Are the blankets enough? The wilderness definitely doesn't have nuts from the goods shop. I will eat it on your behalf. Today in Du city, the wind is very strong, very cold. At the entrance, I picked up an elderly drifter. They say, good people, will have good rewards. I hope this good reward falls on you.

SS: This, you eat it. I'm going to sleep.

Spoiler translation for ep 34 SS's fighting talk

Spoiler

SS: Young Master, Let me tell you, that old guy is a really bothersome person. All day long he thinks about taking me as a disciple. Don't you think it's funny? He also said he wants to teach me divine skills. When I learn the divine skills, I can help the Young Master fight. In the past, it was Young Master who protected Sang Sang. In the future, Sang Sang can also protect the Young Master. HA

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

Why is LQ so full of himself? Every time he opens his mouth I want to shut it. Why does he believe himself so high above everything and everyone? His conversation with the other Light priest showed how much he believes he’s invincible when he declared that in the future he will raze the city in Tang to the ground and destroy its people. Is he by chance a fortune teller? He seemed so sure he’ll succeed and perhaps he will.

Anyway, I must repeat how much I like NQ’s character. Most of the times I see a hero, he doesn’t acknowledge his limits/weaknesses but with NQ, he is aware of his limitations, acknowledges them openly, is a practical person, is intelligent, has wisdom for his age, is a survivor, knows when to stand down or fight, etc. I just really find him so likable because he’s a sensible and ever growing hero. According to you guys his novel self is more vicious but I guess it may also work if the villains are vicious too. I like the drama NQ even if he’s not totally the same as novel NQ.

@angelangie, thank you for bringing up second brother because I keep forgetting to mention how hawt I find him. :wub:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

52 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Why is LQ so full of himself? Every time he opens his mouth I want to shut it. Why does he believe himself so high above everything and everyone? His conversation with the other Light priest showed how much he believes he’s invincible when he declared that in the future he will raze the city in Tang to the ground and destroy its people. Is he by chance a fortune teller? He seemed so sure he’ll succeed and perhaps he will.

Anyway, I must repeat how much I like NQ’s character. Most of the times I see a hero, he doesn’t acknowledge his limits/weaknesses but with NQ, he is aware of his limitations, acknowledges them openly, is a practical person, is intelligent, has wisdom for his age, is a survivor, knows when to stand down or fight, etc. I just really find him so likable because he’s a sensible and ever growing hero. According to you guys his novel self is more vicious but I guess it may also work if the villains are vicious too. I like the drama NQ even if he’s not totally the same as novel NQ.

@angelangie, thank you for bringing up second brother because I keep forgetting to mention how hawt I find him. :wub:

I really hope he does not succeed when people like Fuzi and Yan Se are around and then we have Ning Que who will spank LQ. 

53 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Ning Que is how i want the leads in MA and Fight Breaks sphere to be.. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I skimmed through ep 36 and compared it to the previews released.  The preview of 41-42 is the last scene in episode 36, (if we adjust that), hopefully by episode 40 NQ should be going home to SS already. 

@angelangie I love Jun Mo's character, he's like the older version of NQ but more stiff and arrogant. (and I love his crown!!)

@pad-hari 

Spoiler

i think the end of season 1 will be after he defeats General Xia Hou, because in some trailers you can see him fighting XH

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Spoiler translation for ep 36 SS becomes E.T

Spoiler

SS: Young Master, today Master taught me divine skills. From now on, we don't need to worry about lighting the fire. Sang Sang will also not be scared to walk the roads at night. Master said I have a lot of talent, all I need to do is study hard and in the future, I will be able to light up the night. But....lighting up the night in the middle of the night, how will everyone sleep? But having a Master is also very good. Apart from Young Master being able to protect me, Master can also protect me. But don't be jealous Young Master, in Sang Sang's heart, Young Master will always be the most important.

Another spoiler for ep 36

Spoiler

NQ: When we were young whenever it snowed, our families Sang Sang would say when can our family have silver teals the same as like the shining white snowflakes?

MSS: Sang Sang?

NQ: mm My families little maid. I've been out for too long if I had a bowl of Sang Sang's spring onion noodles with the addition of two fried eggs now, wouldn't that be great.

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

anyway can i just complain about the 2nd Brother hat!! it just look kinda odd to me....i been meaning to say something about it....and then i was playing the song Gu Zhang An and this image happen again so i just need to vent a little sorry 

tongue leaf

Dylan Guo is a tall man and they had him wearing this kind of hat ><" not to mention that this is his first times being in a period drama 

When NQ was punished in the cave he told Second brother that everyone thought his hat was funny but no one dared to tell him.  And he was only telling him now because Second brother couldn't touch him beyond the cave barrier. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

What's MSS overall impression of SS(when MSS hears about/meets SS in the webnovel)? Judging from preview clips, MSS seems like an alright-kind of gal in the drama. Live action/drama tends to deviate a bit from the source material, so I dont mind knowing bits about MSS's opinion on NQ&SS relationship in the webnovel. Im slightly curious.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

What's MSS overall impression of SS(when MSS hears about/meets SS in the webnovel)? Judging from preview clips, MSS seems like an alright-kind of gal in the drama. Live action/drama tends to deviate a bit from the source material, so I dont mind knowing bits about MSS's opinion on NQ&SS relationship in the webnovel. Im slightly curious.

Spoiler

From what I remember MSS and SS only meet once in the novel. MSS comes back to Chang-an with NQ and the eldest brother and they stop by the Old brush house.  MSS and SS don't speak to each other.  MSS's first impression of SS was that SS looked ordinary and not so beautiful. I think MSS was a little surprised that NQ had such affection for such a plain looking girl.   After reading the chicken soup calligraphy MSS had already pretty much fallen in love with the writer and she is curious about the person Sang Sang in the note.  NQ mentions SS a lot as my Sang Sang and MSS wonders if she can change his style of addressing Sang Sang.  But I think MSS knows very early on that NQ doesn't like her enough.  When NQ rejects MSS, MSS drives past the Old brush house and she sees NQ and SS talking and having dinner and she realises that NQ and SS have already created their own world a long time ago and she leaves.

So in the novel, MSS is also a nice girl who really likes NQ and still wants to be with him but already kinda knows it's a lost cause but still tries to get close to him.  This up to around chapter 400.  I think they meet again later after NQ and SS get engaged.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, satanghaesolim said:

Reveal hidden contents

From what I remember MSS and SS only meet once in the novel. MSS comes back to Chang-an with NQ and the eldest brother and they stop by the Old brush house.  MSS and SS don't speak to each other.  MSS's first impression of SS was that SS looked ordinary and not so beautiful. I think MSS was a little surprised that NQ had such affection for such a plain looking girl.   After reading the chicken soup calligraphy MSS had already pretty much fallen in love with the writer and she is curious about the person Sang Sang in the note.  NQ mentions SS a lot as my Sang Sang and MSS wonders if she can change his style of addressing Sang Sang.  But I think MSS knows very early on that NQ doesn't like her enough.  When NQ rejects MSS, MSS drives past the Old brush house and she sees NQ and SS talking and having dinner and she realises that NQ and SS have already created their own world a long time ago and she leaves.

So in the novel, MSS is also a nice girl who really likes NQ and still wants to be with him but already kinda knows it's a lost cause but still tries to get close to him.  This up to around chapter 400.  I think they meet again later after NQ and SS get engaged.

Wow. I cant wait to see how this plays out in the drama. Thank you. 

• Like 1

@satanghaesolim.... Thanks so much for the translation chingu. I wished the adaptation had kept true to the novel. I think Drama tend to be more dramatic that way they can keep the viewers hooked to watching it.  @greenwatch08 I too can’t wait to see it on tv but I hope the drama doesn’t drag this out to long. Being dramatic is good to a certain point. This drama is a soap opera, it is a drama. Lol lol 

• Like 1

@coffeereads

Spoiler

Their engagement takes place only after killing xia hou.  So to finish this season on a good note I guess this will end with their engagement.

BTW can somebody clear me a doubt.  When LQ and NQ were arguing at victory restaurant, did LQ asked SS to sleep with him when he told that he will reward her for drinking wine more than him? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rhaps said:

@satanghaesolim, thx for translating, especially the part when :

Reveal hidden contents

NQ talked to MSS about SS .

I've been annoyed watching them :P , because the drama has added several scenes between them that was notnin the novel. So, I was just happy when NQ suddenly mentioned SS while they were together 

Anyway. I'm kinda disappointed with last week's episodes. First, the battle in the wilderness was too short. Secondly, there were too many scenes for the Empress. And third, because of NQ-MSS

I like MSS, but for me, her interaction with NQ was kinda boring compared to NQ-SS. Perhaps because NQ-MSS are all polite , while NQ-SS bicker and tease one another *LOL*. The actress of MSS is really lovely, though. 

Just want to add a bit (please CMIIW) :

Reveal hidden contents

IIRC, MSS has already guessed the importance of SS for NQ since they were together in the wilderness. She even suspected that NQ himself didnt realize how important SS to him. That's why, she wasnt really surprised when NQ rejected her. 

And IIRC, MSS said that she liked him because he liked her (SS) more. Please CMIIW. 

In summary, MSS is a good girl. She is just unlucky because NQ has already been with SS since a long long time ago. 

Spoiler

NQ also mentions SS toward the end of ep 36.  He makes a fire talisman for MSS because she's cold and tells her to let him know if she needs more.  MSS said not to waste his energy. Then NQ said that because Sang Sang has a cold illness she really likes these talismans so it's OK.  (meaning he's used to making them). I think at this point MSS already guesses how important SS is to NQ. LOL NQ needs to mention SS more more:D

Yeah, there are suddenly too many Princess, Empress and that random Ming-Chi guy that I have zero interest in.  But the thing that slightly worried me with last weeks episodes was the characterisation of Sang Sang.  In the novel, she's kind of an old soul and, mentally quite strong and doesn't cry much.  But that scene when the third prince was harassing her the drama was kind of emphasizing how young, scared and helpless she was.  Whilst in the novel after being harassed by the perverted monk who threatened to kill NQ Sang Sang immediately started to practice the divine skill so that she could kill the monk first, therefore, protect NQ.

Yes MSS already knew how important SS was to NQ way way before clueless NQ did.  NQ and MSS actually started to kinda date after MSS asked him again if he liked her and he said yes.  But even after they say they like each other and are in a relationship nothing about their relationship changes no hand holding etc they would go out but NQ would sometimes be bored or listless like he had forgotten something (LOL ie Sang Sang).  Plus even though NQ said he liked MSS he wasn't sure that it was love.

In the novel NQ did consider marrying SS when she grew up but was afraid to say anything to SS in case she chopped him up.  Plus I think NQ was afraid to change their current relationship and destroy it if SS didn't want to.

The chicken soup note was like a loving husband talking to his beloved wife I think that's what MSS fell in love with.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, satanghaesolim said:

The chicken soup note was like a loving husband talking to his beloved wife I think that's what MSS fell in love with.

This note is the one which made MSS to fall in love with NQ even before seeing him and as to curious who exactly SS is.

Also another point i did not expect that CPP's heavely pill is the turn around for NQ to open up his acu points for cultivation.  He was so desperate meeting big shots to help him in the cultivation, but the young member of the academy helped him, though.

• Like 3

@angelangie... He does look like a fool it’s that hat. Lol lol Only NQ can have the guts to tell him the truth. Lol lol  I was really sad when Jun Mo refused to hug NQ when he was leaving for the wilderness. I was awwww cry-baby-milk-bottle-emoticon.gif my poor Ning Que looked hurt. Just like when Old Chao said goodbye, NQ was hurt by it. NQ is afraid of bonding with others bevause they always leave. But in Ild Chao’s case he did because he knew NQ would want to go with him if he told him where he was going. TBH I think NQ and Okd Chao are more likely to be best friends than Second Brother.  If I am wrong please correct me. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

Thanks again for translating!

Reveal hidden contents

Yes. I fast forwarded the queen's and the princess' scenes. Even if the subtitle comes later, I will still fast forward them. It's disappointing, honestly . The battle in the wilderness should be epic, and we should have reached NQ.vs LQ's part, if it werent because of them.

I hope the next arc wont be like this. It's such a pity if they dont focus on the next arcs and keep on mixing the story with other supporting characters.

Yeah, I hope the drama also mentions that NQ has thought about proposing SS. And I also remember that, at the part when NQ went almost 'insane' after SS left home, he went to see MSS. But before he really met her, he stopped and went to another place by himself instead. This just showed me that, in the mids of his confusion and restlessnes, he knew that MSS was not the one that he wanted to see. Finally, he realized that :P

Yeah. SS drama is sweet and loyal, and she cries more than the novel version. I'm still okay, actually, although I found some of her crying scenes unnecessary

SS is someone who "wears her heart on her sleeves" which I find endearing. She has a big personality so her energy level matches perfectly with NQ's brashness. 

I like that SS cries, maybe because SY cries believably well or I just really like emotional characters. SY executes it perfectly on que because not too many actors can cry how SY does as SS. 

NQ is a bit restrained in terms of his emotions(ex:crying), so seeing SS openly express herself balances the differences of the two. I like the variation in terms of personality&attitude, so both NQ&SS compliment each other very nicely onscreen. 

• Like 4

Wow , wow @rhaps

Spoiler

I am glad someone decided to ask him instead of pushing him with MSS.  MSS is a very nice girl but she is no match for him. He needs a rational girl, someone who can make the logical choices because he can be way to hot headed. 

Mit reminds me of the scene with LQ and NQ. LQ threatened NQ but SS was smart enough to tell her master that NQ was right. That Pretty faces brain doesn’t work well. Lol lol I love how she flattered him to well so he can walk away. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, satanghaesolim said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Finally not a annoying female.. i mean literally every female becomes jealous and vengeful etc..

3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

This note is the one which made MSS to fall in love with NQ even before seeing him and as to curious who exactly SS is.

Also another point i did not expect that CPP's heavely pill is the turn around for NQ to open up his acu points for cultivation.  He was so desperate meeting big shots to help him in the cultivation, but the young member of the academy helped him, though.

I dont think it was the pill but rather the phoenix.

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

I think I'm late, because I've posted here once that I didnt have any problem with LQ, but now I do . Yeah, he is annoying :lol:

And, I think NQ and LQ are both shameless, in a different kind of way *LOL*. LQ is shameless because he is so full of himself ( 'I'm so cool and I'm the coolest so why cant you like me' kinda thing ). On the other hand, NQ is capable, smart, practical, and realizes his own weaknesses, to the point that he is not affraid to let the enemy knows that 'you are better so I wont fight you because I'm going to loose' :P . Usually in other stories/dramas, the male leads wont admit that openly and maintain their dignity :lol: 

Yes, I also find NQ likeable that way. It's amusing to have a male lead like that :sweatingbullets:

@angelangie, about 2nd Brother's hat, I think I kinda like it? *LOL* . Yeah it's too tall, but it looked decent :lol:

I love that about NQ its better then him fighting and almost dying and getting saved by some random crap. He reminds me of Luffy from one piece a bit but Luffy obviously wont run away ever ;p

41 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

SS is someone who "wears her heart on her sleeves" which I find endearing. She has a big personality so her energy level matches perfectly with NQ's brashness. 

I like that SS cries, maybe because SY cries believably well or I just really like emotional characters. SY executes it perfectly on que because not too many actors can cry how SY does as SS. 

NQ is a bit restrained in terms of his emotions(ex:crying), so seeing SS openly express herself balances the differences of the two. I like the variation in terms of personality&attitude, so both NQ&SS compliment each other very nicely onscreen. 

Yeah they are the ying and bang they both balance each other to make a amazing duo. 

11 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Wow , wow @rhaps

Hide contents

I am glad someone decided to ask him instead of pushing him with MSS.  MSS is a very nice girl but she is no match for him. He needs a rational girl, someone who can make the logical choices because he can be way to hot headed. 

Mit reminds me of the scene with LQ and NQ. LQ threatened NQ but SS was smart enough to tell her master that NQ was right. That Pretty faces brain doesn’t work well. Lol lol I love how she flattered him to well so he can walk away. 

Oh yeah i hate it when other character's push the MC with another female. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

There is one more thing about this issue that I wish to be shown in the drama :sweatingbullets: :

Reveal hidden contents

The Brothers and Sisters also knew about NQ hanging out with MSS, so they held a 'meeting' to discuss about who was the best girl for him (SS vs MSS) . Because they couldnt decide, they told CPP to ask NQ about which girl that he wanted *LOL* :joy:

In the novel, they do explicitly take sides: 

Spoiler

Nearly all the brothers and sisters say MSS is better because she is the Calligraphy addict and has better status. Even First Brother pushes for MSS.

Then, Second Brother/Jun Mo is the first to speak up and disagree. Followed by Chen Pi Pi who is also team Sangsang. 

I love Second Brother! He dotes on Sangsang through some other ways in the novel. Don’t read further if you don’t want to know! For example: 

- When NQ is forced to go into the cave to cultivate, Jun Mo and Eldest brother come to visit him and SS. Jun Mo serves them tea and first serves Eldest Brother then Sangsang before Ning Que. :lol:

- NQ needs Ye Hongru to heal SS. YH is not easily persuaded. NQ shamelessly tell hers that Second Brother likes SS. As in if you don’t help SS out then Second Brother will deal with you :lol:

Edited by littlemissmiss
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

We have to celebrate  Happy 50 Page. It is so rare that a cdrama can reach this page with less viewers in our little thread. giphy.gif   Legend of FuYao 60 Followers

All out of love  10 foloowers

Eternal Love 2  33 Followers

Heavy Sweetness Ash-Like frost 36 Followers 

Our Glamorous Time 27  followers

Last but Least Ever Night  6 Followers   We are the BOMB

@rhaps  @lynne22  @pad-hari  @angelangie  @littlemissmiss @greenwatch08 @satanghaesolim  @Wotad @pangia   

• LOL 6