Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

7 minutes ago, stucked said:

Really? HAHAHA! Who imagined it though? *whispers: just put in spoiler too* HEHEHE!

Spoiler

Not too sure but I believe it was NQ because MSS asked him to write letters to her forever and he picked up the brush and put it down and that scene came on, he said "okay I'll write for you forever and hugged and spun her around" then it flashed back to reality and he put the pen down and MSS went in for what looked like a hug but he backed off and said I'm sorry I owe you LOL. and she kind of got the hint and they said their goodbyes woo-hoo 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, stucked said:

Is this shown in today’s eps? I was just browsing IG so I really have no idea. LOL

Yup!! It's shown in ep 48 :wub:. Ep48 was soooo satisfying. You hear NQ say so many sweet things about SS and always implying how he needs her. 

Spoiler

He was using an analogy about water and liking the sour chilli noodle SS cooks to explain to CPP and make him pick if he could only have one for the rest of his what would he chose? And it was obviously water because it's essential for life. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@angelangie, can you please translate in the initial of EP.48 what exactly did the 3rd sister told the 1st and 2nd brother abt NQ marriage.  Coz immediately they accepted and stopped their argument.

What did CPP told NQ exactly?

Also, at the end of EP.48 the conversation between NQ and FUZI.

thanks in advance

• LOL 2

5 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:
  Hide contents

Not too sure but I believe it was NQ because MSS asked him to write letters to her forever and he picked up the brush and put it down and that scene came on, he said "okay I'll write for you forever and hugged and spun her around" then it flashed back to reality and he put the pen down and MSS went in for what looked like a hug but he backed off and said I'm sorry I owe you LOL. and she kind of got the hint and they said their goodbyes woo-hoo 

Whoah. Wow. Damn.

Spoiler

Now that’s kinda disappointing. I thought it’d be MSS doing the imagining. LOL He’s imagining the “What if’s” with her and sorta regretting already what’s he’s about to do — which is to reject MSS. Hm. There seems to be lingering feelings here. *sigh* NQ my hormonal boy. I just wanna slap you sometimes. HAHA!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1. The imaginary twirling/swirling scene doesn't really have a purpose. Annoyed it made the cut. Having said that, 

Spoiler

there is also no need for the SS meeting MSS scene.

2. I thought the SS vs MSS discussion between the senior brothers/sisters was a little strange. I didn't realise that in the drama they had many interactions with SS. However, i loved that 7th sr sister and the blacksmith/inventor being pro SS. But i still prefer the book version

3. I didn't like that they made SS a crybaby, especially in the post confrontation with NQ scenes. 

4. I do like drama scene where NQ put MSS's brush down vs book NQ who continued writing despite being hurt after fight with monk. 

5. Drama failed to capitalise on NQ vs himself at the lake scene. It was really funny in the book. A little flat in the drama. 

5. Love CPP!!! Also dying to know the dialog btwn him and NQ word by word.

6. Not enough desperation on NQ's part. 

7. Drama made NQ a jerk by the way he dealt with MSS. NQ also looked like he was forced to abandon MSS. Not enough emphasis on his reluctance to separate from SS. 

Despite my dissatisfactions, the actors did a really good job at portraying the emotions in these 2 episodes. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

4 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

@angelangie, can you please translate in the initial of EP.48 what exactly did the 3rd sister told the 1st and 2nd brother abt NQ marriage.  Coz immediately they accepted and stopped their argument.

thanks in advance

I feel you. :D We really need to know these things. As for me, it’s to keep me sane. LOL. EverNight has just taken over my quiet Friday night. 

• LOL 5

16 minutes ago, dzareth said:

1. The imaginary twirling/swirling scene doesn't really have a purpose. Annoyed it made the cut. Having said that, 

Reveal hidden contents

there is also no need for the SS meeting MSS scene.

2. I thought the SS vs MSS discussion between the senior brothers/sisters was a little strange. I didn't realise that in the drama they had many interactions with SS. However, i loved that 7th sr sister and the blacksmith/inventor being pro SS. But i still prefer the book version

3. I didn't like that they made SS a crybaby, especially in the post confrontation with NQ scenes. 

4. I do like drama scene where NQ put MSS's brush down vs book NQ who continued writing despite being hurt after fight with monk. 

5. Drama failed to capitalise on NQ vs himself at the lake scene. It was really funny in the book. A little flat in the drama. 

5. Love CPP!!! Also dying to know the dialog btwn him and NQ word by word.

6. Not enough desperation on NQ's part. 

7. Drama made NQ a jerk by the way he dealt with MSS. NQ also looked like he was forced to abandon MSS. Not enough emphasis on his reluctance to separate from SS. 

Despite my dissatisfactions, the actors did a really good job at portraying the emotions in these 2 episodes. 

CFY & SS is really good portraying NQ/SS. I think SS crying is fine. She wears her heart on her sleeve so its pretty on-brand for her character at this point. Since SS is a bit reserve & quiet in the webnovel, its good to give her range/expression onscreen. This way NQ can read/understand her inner turmoil a little bit more(specifically this ep/scene).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

thanks in advance

lols....this is just like what in the book and what i said previously.....they sister and brothers are divided.....

what the 3rd sister said in summary not in overall conversation

Spoiler

you are all wrong.......who matches youngest brother the most there is no definite answer to it....as whoever matches the most is all base on their own feeling towards each other..

the choice should be left to youngest brother and not us, no matter who ever we wanted him to end up with, the choice should be left with youngest brother, it is his choice after all....as no matter what choice youngest brother made he has to live with it himself and we should respect him in that choice, as he will need to live with those choices himself....and i'm sure teacher will also agree with this....

brother and sister do you guys agree?

• Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

I think SS crying is fine. She wears her heart on her sleeve so its pretty on-brand for her character at this point.

Allow me to clarify. I don't mind SS cry. But i don't like the way how SS cries is acted. The wailing is kind off awkward 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Allow me to clarify. I don't mind SS cry. But i don't like the way how SS cries is acted. The wailing is kind off awkward 

The director seem/wanted to dramatize it a bit more(esp in this scene). But yes, it's alright not to like the way they did it. I have my fair share of criticism of the direction as well.

• Like 1

After today shows, I dont feel any excitement or joy like before. I totally disappointed and I dont have a high hope to seeing the real NQ and SS or relationship that described in the novel. Both of them in the drama look like strangers to me. 

When i saw SS was looking at NQ while he was sleeping soundly, and then she started looking around the house, crying, closed the door, turned her back, and finally started running as fast as possible - I cried. I can feel her sadness and loneliness in her heart.

When she met her parents and I saw how they are sincerely care and love her - I was so touched. 

And then, finally.. what I was looking forward so many days are finally coming... NQ finally realized sangsang was disappeared. He finally convincted that she left by herself. And you know what, I am wondering who is the screenwriter that sooooo #&$-@(#(_-$) that created such a #-$-_+_( scene that I dont see anything like...

Looking at the hot steam, Ning Que felt that something was wrong.

After the water was heated, he washed his face and even washed the dirty bowl.

Normally it would be time for him to go to the Academy or to idle in Chang'an. But today, he went nowhere other than the front of the shop. He sat on his armchair and looked at the displays that were polished till they shone, as well as the clean floor devoid of dirt. He felt absent-minded.

After a long period of silence, he felt stiff to some extent. Occasionally, someone would pass by the shop, and he would raise his head at the sight of their shadows. But in the end, nobody pushed the door open to walk in.

Nobody pushed open the door to come back.

Ning Que had been waiting in silence until noon, after which he stood up, opened the door and walked out.

He bought a roasted duck in the Bianyi Shop in the Eastern City and some green vegetables in the market, then returned to the Old Brush Pen Shop.

Sangsang still hadn't come back. After a moment of silence, Ning Que entered the kitchen and fried two dishes of vegetables and a bowl of steamed rice. Then he peeled the duck and arranged the pieces beautifully on the plate. Finally, he put the dishes on the table at the front of the shop.

Two pairs of chopsticks, two bowls of white rice, and a rich spread of dishes.

Ning Que was satisfied with the dishes on the table. He put his hand on his knees and waited.

However, nobody came back even after a long time.

There were still two pairs of chopsticks, but only one person. What was worse, the rice and the side dishes had become cold.

After staring at the food for a long time, Ning Que picked up his chopsticks and began to eat.

But somehow his hands were trembling. He tried for a long time, yet failed to pinch even a piece of the vegetable.

He wanted to pick up and throw away the chopsticks, yet he refrained himself from doing so. Then he gently placed them on the table.

Suddenly he stood up and went to his bedroom. He rudely turned over the bed board and took out the box, then threw all the contents of the box onto the bed.

Looking at those drifting notes, he was finally convinced that she had left by herself.

Ning Que folded those notes and put them into his pocket emotionlessly. From the storage box in the corner, he took out the Primordial Thirteen Arrows that had been repaired the day before and put them into his bag, then inserted all the Fu paper into his sleeves. He took the chopper from beside the pile of firewood and put it on his waist, and finally, he hung the big black umbrella on his back and walked out of the Old Brush Pen Shop.

He knew Sangsang would be safe, but he was clear that what he would now confront would be the harshest moment of his life, so he brought with him all his most important objects. It seemed that only in this way could he feel comfortable again, and he assured himself that he would definitely bring back the most important person in his life.

If he couldn't bring her back, then it wasn't necessary for him to come back either.

Then....

During their quarrel, they added something and spotlight mss as the most important person AND FORGOTTEN THE MAIN OF THEIR TRUE FEELINGS AND NQ'S ANXIETY AFTER HE FOUND SS LEFT HIM!!? their argument they make it like THEY PUT ON BLAME THE WHOLE THINGS TO SS AS THE ONE WHO ARE RUINING NQ-MSS RELATIONSHIP!!

I feel NOTHING and I pissed off with the scene!!!!!!!

This afternoon I read some arguments between the viewers and so many complaints, disappointment and they audiences are blaming the scriptwriter for bias against SS. They also said that some scripts that are belong to SS was given out to MSS. NOW I KNOW WHAT DOES IT MEANS!!! 

During saying goodbye to mss, the scenes are even worst!!! Where the heck of suddenly pop up an imagination such a lovey dovey (forever?) in NQ's mind???!!! Why have to make it suchhhhhh a dramatic and awful to watch???!!! Today episodes are just TOO RIDICULOUS!!!!!! 

Btw, dont mind me,:D

• Like 3

Thanks so much for everyone's updates :heart: I am catching up with everyone's posts now.

I have not watched yet but browsing Weibo reactions and to clarify apparently the twirling scene was MSS imagination (not NQ) according to C-fans who were also mad about it and the screenwriter posted to say it was MSS.

They shouldn't have had that part at all in my opinion :phew:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 3

Yeay tonite 2 eps are satisfying indeed, the pace is quick, follow the novel

Spoiler

On ep 47, i think i got carried away by their miserable feeling to each other, SS n NQ really suffer, emotional suffer. Feeling so bad about them :tears:, CFY n SY really did a great job! And so funny that brother sister are really concerned with his little bro romance life LOL, 1st brother who always a patience role, he can get emotional too, and almost fighting with 2nd brother LOL. Thx to 3rd sister who save the day. 

On ep 48, so after NQ battle with son of Master QuNi, NQ realized that he will choose SS, but after the battle and confession to CPP about join the devil sect, he like give his last request to CPP to protect SS, because the monk he just killed was son of master QuNi, that would be a disaster for academy and maybe NQ life will getting more sorrow. Despite having bad injured and better back to academy to get med, he went to MSS to say goodbye, i think beside he want to end his relationship with MSS and choose SS, he also want to protect MSS, not get involved with him anymore since he just killed son of Master QuNi. Is it? Because NQ didnt say a thing, any reasons. (Dont know with the novel version). CMIIW

And the last scenes with FuZi LOL i really like it, important lesson young man never get drunk, you'll never know whom you gonna meet and what secret you gonna spoil, and NQ did this right in front FuZi LOL, cant wait for next weeekk!

I really admire for NQ costume, they are all NICE! longing for his meeting with YHY and Emperor to recieve imperial duty from his Master YanSe.

Edited by epinklyn
Adding something
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, angelangie said:

lols....this is just like what in the book and what i said previously.....they sister and brothers are divided.....

what the 3rd sister said in summary not in overall conversation

Hide contents

you are all wrong.......who matches youngest brother the most there is no definite answer to it....as whoever matches the most is all base on their own feeling towards each other..

the choice should be left to youngest brother and not us, no matter who ever we wanted him to end up with, the choice should be left with youngest brother, it is his choice after all....as no matter what choice youngest brother made he has to live with it himself and we should respect him in that choice, as he will need to live with those choices himself....and i'm sure teacher will also agree with this....

brother and sister do you guys agree?

Why does it feel like 3rd sr sister is speaking to all of us here as well? :D :D :D It’s as if she’s saying, “ You all made the choice to watch this drama so you all need to live with your choices, whether NQ becomes flirty w/MSS or abandon SS. You all made the choice so you lot should live with it. Do all mah sisters here agree?” LOL :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

@angelangie thanks for translating the clip. :wub::wub: Their bond must be stronger now and it makes me so happy. :heart:

NQ actually ignored MSS. She saw him not come say hi. Karma is really good I Cdrama. When she spoke to SS, she was smiling and happy once the conversation ended. Lol lol 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stucked said:

Why does it feel like 3rd sr sister is speaking to all of us here as well? :D :D :D It’s as if she’s saying, “ You all made the choice to watch this drama so you all need to live with your choices, whether NQ becomes flirty w/MSS or abandon SS. You all made the choice so you lot should live with it. Do all mah sisters here agree?” LOL :D 

Well said LOL, gun in my head!

10 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@angelangie thanks for translating the clip. :wub::wub: Their bond must be stronger now and it makes me so happy. :heart:

NQ actually ignored MSS. She saw him not come say hi. Karma is really good I Cdrama. When she spoke to SS, she was smiling and happy once the conversation ended. Lol lol 

Nahhh, she didnt wear her glasses, so she dont know who's coming LOL

• LOL 5

8 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thanks so much for everyone's updates :heart:  I am catching up with everyone's posts now.

I have not watched yet but browsing Weibo reactions and to clarify apparently the twirling scene was MSS imagination (not NQ) according to C-fans and the screenwriter.

They shouldn't have had that part at all in my opinion :phew:

Thank you! :) And yeah, they shouldn’t have added that part. It’s just pure fanservice for all NQ/MSS shippers who haven’t really read the novel. Scenes like that do take away some important parts that should’ve been included in the drama in the first place. And @Snow Guardian  you have to breath sweetie.. relax... hahaha! :D  I like your passion. You’d probably beat some sense to the scriptwriter if and when you happen to see her. I bet Mao Ni would have a word with her too, if he knew what’s been change with his novel. HAHAHA.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Nahhh, she didnt wear her glasses, so she dont know who's coming LOL

But she didn’t wear her glasses when he said goodbye to her @epinklyn either. I believe she knew it was him. Don’t forget she is a cultivator, so she should know. Lol or I am hoping she does 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

thanks in advance

so i guess we can safely sad that Ep. 48 had cover up to Chapter 356 - 357 :D 

in the book u can find what the 3rd sister said in Chapter 356: We Were Kids

Spoiler

"Both of you are wrong."

Looking at Eldest Brother and Second Brother, Yu Lian calmly said, "Neither the Calligraphy Addict nor that little maidservant is a good choice for Ning Que. Actually, there is no answer to the question. The most important thing between a couple is the feeling toward each other. No matter how persistent you are in your ideas, you still don't know the true feelings of Ning Que."

Second Brother frowned, saying, "Little Younger Brother is an orphan. He doesn't have a family nor relatives, so the back of the mountain of the Academy is his family. Of course, the Headmaster or we, his Senior Brothers and Senior Sisters, should be responsible for his matrimonial affair."

Yu Lian grinned, "That's why I said you were wrong."

the end conversation in between NingQue and FuZi

what NingQue FuZi said in between is exactly like what happen in the book.....they have the same dialogue....now im amaze....this parts are all as the books....

finally they meet in real :) Chapter 367: Chronicles of the Building of Pines and Cranes (I)

Spoiler

Though he had lived in the Tang Empire for no more than twenty years, he went through a lot, even experienced death. There were so many things for him to recollect. For example, the men of Hebei County were more vicious than ghosts during the dry season; the men in the Min Mountain were more vicious than beasts, the men on the grassland were more vicious than wolves, and the most enjoyable thing was the love from a beauty which was a thing that never should be given up, etc.

While the old man was complaining about more specific things under the theme of "the moral degeneration of the world is getting worse day by day". For example, an unscrupulous manager of a liquor shop added water into liquor; and even the Building of Pines and Cranes tried to fool the guests by faking the beancurd sprouts mingled steamed pork with other meat instead of black pig meat from the south suburb of Chang'an. Even the clay of the spring clay urn was changed, and there was a smell of Huangzhou clay in the liquor.

"The urn is used to hold liquor, not to grind the ink with it for writing. How could they use Huangzhou clay!"

The old man angrily waved his arm, his white beard shaking in the night wind.

As the old man's voice was getting louder, Ning Que turned his head toward the old man and sighed, "You really take a serious attitude about life, but aren't you tired?"

The old man frowned unhappily, then looked at Ning Que and replied, "One shall live properly while he is alive."

After a momentary silence, Ning Que smiled and said, "That's because you have lived a happy life, so you may never know that sometimes, it can be called the luckiest thing to just be alive."

The old man waved his hands like driving away mosquitos as if he were to expel Ning Que's cliché and self-remorse out of the veranda.

Ning Que was nearly drunk now, and he didn't realize that the old man despised his subconscious expression of emotions.

"I once thought I would be an ordinary man in a fortified mountain village, seeking neither fame nor wealth. When the situation was getting better, I had the fancy that I could become someone with the power to determine the fate of others and to garner great accomplishments. But now, I finally realize that I am just a man playing house in the mortal world."

"Life is just like playing house. When you have immersed in the game for a long time, you may take it as real. The original indifference would turn into responsibilities or habits, which I formerly disdained the most with the influence by daily necessities such as fuel, rice, cooking oil and salt. It's probably because I have been thinking since childhood about what she would do without me, then I change my thoughts to what I would do without her. Of course, I could still live, or could I live an easier life? Then what is easiness? There couldn't be any easiness if the habit is broken. You would always have the feeling that something very important is missing from your life and some part of your body is gone too."

Ning Que turned his head to the old man in the chair and then said smilingly, "Don't judge me because of these sentimental words. Do you know why there are always sayings like this? Because people would always find a way afterwards to demonstrate that these things are of great significance."

He raised the spring clay urn, looked at an imaginary moon and said, "I would feel uncomfortable if these valuable things were gone. Taking the night sky as example, I would be unhappy as long as there was no moon, no matter if it was the night sky fourteen years ago or that of the City of Wei, or Chang'an's."

The old man found this interesting, so he looked at him and asked, "Moon? What is it? Is it in the sky? I have never seen it or heard of it before."

"The moon is a thing which can give out light. Sometimes it is round, sometimes it is curved. It looks very beautiful when it shows up during the night or during the day. The moon has its own uses, such as sheltering the sunlight, causing the tide and transforming werewolves..."

Looking at the old man, Ning Que sighed and said, "I know that you won't believe this. You can just take my words as the wild talk of a drunkard."

The old man replied, "If I were not drunken as well, I would take you to the Imperial Astronomer and force you to search for it with the instrument there in the night."

Ning Que sneered, "Never mind, a wealthy landlord like you would not know about these enigmatic things."

The old man became furious and reprimanded, "The older, the wiser!"

Ning Que replied dismissively, "The younger, the more welcomed."

The old man was speechless.

Ning Que suddenly said, "Let me tell you one thing seriously and don't be afraid, I want to kill someone now."

The old man was shocked and said, "You have just killed two men during the day, and you want to kill more right now?"

Ning Que was drunken at the moment and didn't hear the old man clearly.

He looked at the stars over the night sky with a sigh and said, "Sometimes a thought flashes in my mind that there might be some defects in my character, for each time when I am unhappy, the lust to kill would arise in my mind."

The old man looked at him and said solemnly, "There is nothing wrong with your character."

Ning Que was stunned, then stared at him and said joyfully, "Do you really think so?"

The old man sneered and said, "But there is something wrong with your brain."

then u might need to continue to the 2nd part to finish the whole conversation in between FuZi & NingQue, till where FuZi knock his hed with a stick that ended up with NingQue fainting right away.

Chapter 368: Chronicles of the Building of Pines and Cranes (II)

Spoiler

Ning Que sneered at his words, and as a disciple of the Second floor of the Academy and enjoying equal popularity with Chen Pipi, he was becoming more and more determined that he was a genius.

Because he was tall, the old man had been sitting in the chair with increasing discomfort, but he finally found a comfortable position after several changes in posture. Half-leaning on the back of the chair, he held his lower jaw and looked at Ning Que and asked, "Kill someone when you're unhappy? Have you killed someone before?"

Ning Que put the empty urn made from spring clay beside his feet and replied, "I won't tell you how many people I've killed because it is against the law of the Tang Empire, but you can just think about it."

The old man shook his urn, which was already empty, and then muttered a few words, asking the manager downstairs to bring another two urns. Then he stared at Ning Que and asked, "Why do you want to kill people?"

After silently thinking for a while, Ning Que shook his head and answered, "Though I'm about to get drunk and you're already drunk, I still can't tell you about this."

The manager trotted up to the veranda and put two urns of wine beside the old man with respect. He then bowed to him and backed off, without even uttering one more word, let alone did he urge him to settle the account.

He had no idea who this old man was, nor did the Big Owner of the Building of Pines and Cranes, a high official of the imperial court, know anything about him. It was merely that the Building of Pines and Cranes had been keeping a portrait for years and following a simple rule.

The rule was that if there was an old man with an appearance like the one in the portrait that came to the Building of Pines and Cranes, every worker there should respect the old man like an ancestor. They should meanwhile leave him alone as if they were treating a personal enemy, for fear that the old man would become bothered and unhappy.

There would be no harm to the Building of Pines and Cranes even if he was not the old man in the portrait. They would only lose some taels of silver or have some face loss. However, if the real ancestor were to come and receive inattentive treatment, then how could the Building of Pines and Cranes continue to stay in Chang'an any longer?

The old man swatted open the spring clay urn, then joyfully had a drink and said, "When I was the same age as you, I also desired to kill people."

Ning Que looked at his face and was not sure about the old man's age. But it seemed that he was quite old, so how many years ago was he referring to?

"Who did you want to kill back then?" Ning Que asked curiously.

The old man put the urn on the small table beside the chair, looked at the bare winter branches in front of the veranda, and said, "My mother was the third concubine of my father. When my father died three years after my birth, my mother and I were not accommodated by the clan. So my mother took me away from the old house and wandered from place to place. We had a hard time and suffered a lot of humiliation."

"So, once I got the ability to kill, the first thing I wanted to do was to go back to my hometown and kill all the old biddies and relatives who had bullied me and my mother. Then I would go back to dig up my father's grave and turn his remains into ashes."

The old man was talking about the most sinister things like killing, arson, and family extermination, but he showed a calm and gentle expression. He was now more like a naughty child lying down on a haystack than an aged man who had gone through the vicissitudes of life, telling tales of the bygone days from long ago with a childlike face.

Ning Que stared at the old man, and then frowned and asked him, "So, did you kill them then?"

With his slender index finger, the old man lightly knocked the clay urn on the table. It made a clear and vigorous sound, which was just like a memorial tablet falling from a sequestered ancestral hall in an old house that had undergone a hundred generations.

He looked at Ning Que and said with a smile, "I won't tell you."

Ning Que was speechless and wondered about his stinginess and small-mindedness.

"The man that I want to kill... he has murdered a lot of innocent men. Of course, I am not a Sage. The man ruined the most beautiful part of my life and killed my beloved parents. I swore to get revenge out of a personal grudge just like you had done in the old days. The only difference between us is that the men in your clan were relatively easy to kill."

After a while of silence, he continued, "While the man that I want to kill is powerful, with not only a high position, but also a background that is difficult for even me to handle."

The old man stared at him, then frowned and said, "I imagine that you are also a big shot."

Ning Que smiled and replied, "You have truly gone through the mortal world and known countless people with your insightful observations. To be honest with you, I am a decent man, because my teacher is a prominent figure."

The old man said sullenly, "You're talking nonsense. Your teacher, of course... even if he is prominent, that's nothing to do with you."

Ning Que ignored him and continued, "I'm now evenly matched with the big shot whom I want to kill."

The old man sneered, "Then what are you still depressed about? You can just seek the opportunity to kill him."

Ning Que fell into silence for quite a long time and had a helpless expression on his face. Then he sighed and said, "But my position comes from my teacher, who is actually very rigid. In appearance, he would like to see his disciples stay flexible, yet he is very rational and always says to us that the law of the Tang Empire shall prevail. So, what do you think? Contradictory, right?"

Hearing these words, the old man got embarrassed and reprimanded him. "Nonsense, does stay flexible have anything to do with the law of the Tang Empire? Can't you kill without using dishonest methods?"

Ning Que did not notice the expression of the old man and staggered toward him. He actively picked up a new wine urn and opened the cover to dump the wine into his mouth, and said, "If the law of the Tang Empire shall prevail, then I shall find the evidence to engage in a lawsuit. But the question is, where to find the evidence? If I don't use dishonest methods, then how can I kill my enemy? Does that mean that I should show up in front of him and directly tell him that I want to kill him and then get knocked out?"

The night breeze was flickering, and the old man sat up straight and stared at Ning Que. He became angrier at Ning Que for his imbecility and confusion. With his thin and lengthy palms grasping the chair, he was about to slap Ning Que's face at any moment.

Ning Que was already drunk and, of course, did not notice the rage of the old man. He was, on the one hand, drinking the tasteful wine and, on the other hand, sighing with emotions about revenge, unwillingness, and the moon. Those sighs then got more and more repetitive and boring and were lingering on certain keywords. But he still blocked his innermost thoughts subconsciously and, even after he was drunk, he did not speak of his identity or the name Xia Hou.

"Old man, I used bank notes to knock open the Building of Pines and Cranes before. And what about you? How did you get in here?"

"Haven't you seen the moon before? Poor old man."

"As far as I can see, you are rich. Where does your money come from? I earned my money from the casino in Western City. Are you engaged in business with them?"

"Let me tell you one thing, this ugly cotton-padded jacket of mine is said to have been customized by my teacher."

"The way that you're blowing your mustache is very funny."

Ning Que mumbled continuously and pointed at the old man in the chair, and started laughing.

Suddenly there was a muffled thud.

Ning Que stopped laughing.

He covered his forehead and looked at the old man in shock and confusion.

The old man, with a thick and short wooden stick in his hand, looked at Ning Que and said furiously, "So many superfluous words! You're driving me crazy. Look at you, how dare you want to kill Xia Hou!"

Not hearing that last sentence clearly, Ning Que turned his eyes back and fainted.

When he was about to lean backward and hit the ground in the veranda, there came a gust of wind.

With his jacket flying up and his steps silent in his sandals, Eldest Brother showed up on the veranda and supported the tottering Ning Que and caught hold of the falling wine urn.

Eldest Brother held Ning Que, who was now unconscious, and looked at the old man and asked, "Teacher, what's the matter with Youngest Brother?"

The old man stealthily retracted the short wooden stick into his sleeve, made two coughs, and said, "No big deal. He offended me just now, so I punished him with the discipline of the Academy."

Seeing the short wooden stick, Eldest Brother was so startled that he nearly fainted because his teacher had once used that stick to banish the Taoist in indigo to the South Sea. So, he was afraid that after being hit by the stick, Youngest Brother would either be dead or become an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3