[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

56 minutes ago, dzareth said:

I'm still mad at how they handled the SS-NQ-MSS non triangle. I'm also unhappy they didn't do the NQ-CPP shout match outside the cave (although their small wresting match did made me smile). I did have a thought the 

Hide contents

early appearance of Xiling priest will probably expedite the end of NQ's confinement, but I dislike how the plot was carried out because we don't see youngest uncle's legacy and this kind of make KHR meaningless. 

I don't know why they still have NQ lifting his hand at SS (even if it didn't land on her), and I'm disappointed that the drama is having less cool/awesome wuxia scenes. It felt as if there was 2 production teams - one emphasizing the wuxia aspect while the other focuses on the relationship aspect. 

Don't mind my brooding mood. Though the drama spoiled the awesomeness of novel NQ and novel SS, I'll still be watching until the series ends.

Yup... same here....

Spoiler

I also dislike the part where NQ lifts his hand at SS in today's episode, and her reaction to it... this is an unnecessary scene that the drama can do without! :sweatingbullets:

About action scenes.. yeahh I know...  maybe the drama is holding out for the big battle with xia hou later.. (?)

But still, in today's episode the fighting scene is at least better than last week... :lol: 

ea164712gy1fydjekryytg20o00dinpd.gif

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

Yup. She is NQ female version. She is cold, cruel and heartless. That's why whenever she meets NQ, they are like cat and dog:D and I like the scenes of both of them than NQ-MSS. I feel like NQ-YHY scenes make the drama colorful. Especially, when they are discussing about YHY's wounds after she was bitten by that monk. (But sadly, that's only happening in the novel).

I dont think YHY has any romantic feeling towards NQ. But, they have a vibe of kinda love-hate comrades relationship:D

@Snow Guardian I'll watch the drama and I'll probably end up liking her since she seems to be an interesting character. Only reason I don't like her is cause I read she wanted to 

Spoiler

Kill NQ/SS and I don't like that. So obviously can't root for her to do that. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I am loving this MV so much  

credit to owner

I love it too! It really indulge our eyes with the beautiful scenery! It match a lot, beautiful song, beatiful place.

@lynne22 agree! I think the cultivation battle is harder to realize, that's why they kinda suck, but still the sword-fighting scenes or non-cultivation battles in here is much better than other wuxia dramas. Cant wait for the final battle!

54 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

NQ's male hormonal problems getting worse in season 2!:tounge_xd: yo, yo, yo!!:tounge_xd:

Hmmm but hey they still have 3 years to satisfy their hormon before SS has to go to XiLing LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Okay everyone  Time for recap. lol Lol

Not lol lol lol  I have never been able to recap a Cdrama. 

How many of you were waiting to see NQ fight Liu Bai ‘s baby brother. At least we were able to Liu Bai’s Brother manipulated to fight Ning Que. 

I really love Third Sister, she is so beautiful , calm and very intelligent. 

@ningsangcpp.... Thanks for the translation chingu. Best proposal ever in Cdrama. :heart:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dzareth said:

This is where the drama does not do justice to the novel. NQ is always emotional - when matters involved SS. This weird fate began when he picked up SS as a baby. He killed the hunter because he wanted to sell SS. It is said that he almost went into a fight with the guy in Wei City who wanted to marry SS. That competition with LQ began when he got jealous when SS joined Mrs Wu to take a peek at LQ, which escalated further when LQ wanted to have SS as his maid.

According to the novel, people who heard LQ's request assumed LQ wanted to sleep with SS, but i doubt that is the case. I think LQ only thought SS would be a wonderful companion, and he wasn't trying to richard simmons NQ off. I think he was quite taken aback that NQ was willing to forgo any benefit that came with association to LQ/ Yan royalty/ hao tian gang. After all, LQ isn't a shameless flirt like NQ and he was quite steadfast to flower addict.

LQ's mistake was underestimating what SS meant to NQ, thus incurring NQ's rage (and jealousy, since earlier SS was awed by LQ's beauty hehe...). Having known SS meant significantly more to NQ, he baited NQ into duelling with him by mentioning SS and NQ was quick to react on that.

So there you have it. NQ is very sensitive towards external factors that is perceived to potentially harm his relationship with SS. But the idiot that NQ is failed to realise that he himself can be a factor when he drifts towards another (MSS). 

Its the execution in the way the director/screenwriter is handling NQ onscreen. 

I know NQ(drama) is not completely emotionless. He does show emotion but its not expressive in the way SS is or executed properly? CFY is a really new actor so some of his expression when trying to convey certain

emotions is a tad off. He doesnt emote quite well w/his eyes & face(ex: furrow his brow a bit to hard to look sad, but it comes off as a tad angry). 

I think NQ can be seen as very emotional w/range but CFY doesnt have a level of complexity in his acting. NQ sounds like a very complex/hugely flawed/unhinged/vengeful kind of character in the webnovel but onscreen, NQ doesnt read that way. Im not familiar w/ the webnovel so my perception of NQ is based on the drama/CFY's acting.

• Like 4

@greenwatch08... You are correct CFY’s acting isn’t Perfect but that is because he is new and need experience. I will agre NIng Que is a complicated and very emotional individual. NQ has had a hard life and in that life he learned to only depend on himself and Sang Sang. Every decision he makes Sang Sang makes her opinion known and ironically their answer are the same. Sometimes he is off but for some reason I love it because it is cute and doesn’t turn me off. Some terrible acting do turn me off but he made this character his. CFY has great chemistry with the main cast and I feel the only time he is off is when he is paired off with a not so great actor. When NQ is with SS, it is a smooth transition IMHO, when he is with SS’s parents , it isn’t off , with his Brothers and Sister’s they are so in sync

but when he was being challenged for a fight the actors they used to fight him was really crappy. 

The first challenge was terrible acting , the second challenge was just terrible acting but when he faught Liu Bai’s bother it was really good until they were talking to each other. 

My belief in how to make new actor look good is to pair him offf with another good actor. Someone with good talents. Sometimes an actor playing a role can find it hard to grasp the character they are playing but eventually get the grasp as the drama progresses.

IMHO Ning Que and Sang Sang are so insync. They are perfect match, especially with the proposal. When she didn’t answer him ? He looked sad, he actually did very well. 

I hope what I said makes sense. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@greenwatch08... You are correct CFY’s acting isn’t Perfect but that is because he is new and need experience. I will agre NIng Que is a complicated and very emotional individual. NQ has had a hard life and in that life he learned to only depend on himself and Sang Sang. Every decision he makes Sang Sang makes her opinion known and ironically their answer are the same. Sometimes he is off but for some reason I love it because it is cute and doesn’t turn me off. Some terrible acting do turn me off but he made this character his. CFY has great chemistry with the main cast and I feel the only time he is off is when he is paired off with a not so great actor. When NQ is with SS, it is a smooth transition IMHO, when he is with SS’s parents , it isn’t off , with his Brothers and Sister’s they are so in sync

but when he was being challenged for a fight the actors they used to fight him was really crappy. 

The first challenge was terrible acting , the second challenge was just terrible acting but when he faught Liu Bai’s bother it was really good until they were talking to each other. 

My belief in how to make new actor look good is to pair him offf with another good actor. Someone with good talents. Sometimes an actor playing a role can find it hard to grasp the character they are playing but eventually get the grasp as the drama progresses.

IMHO Ning Que and Sang Sang are so insync. They are perfect match, especially with the proposal. When she didn’t answer him ? He looked sad, he actually did very well. 

I hope what I said makes sense. 

CFY & SY has the most natural chemistry together. CFY's acting isnt terrible. I think if studys acting more/challenges himself,  he can definitely improve/grow as an actor. CFY has good chemistry w/alot of the cast on set. CFY & SY vibe off eachother super well. They really embody NQ/SS as a pair.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@angelangie 

Personally, I think this is a vulnerable moment for Ning Que. Sang sang's fearful reaction must have hit him to some degree...

This is one of the reason I disagree with the direction they took, the writer + director want to make the whole triangle arc between NQ-MSS-SS dramatic, hence they make the bond between NQ-SS weaker... I just don't agree with this.

Sang Sang should never be afraid of Ning Que.... The basis of their bond is how they completely trust each other, and this scene changed it! Sigh... 

I agree.  It's totally out of sync with the depth of their bond.  I think even a moment or two of fear would have been understandable but to have her keep backing away and trying to get away from him until he is back to normal just goes against everything their relationship should stand for.  It's just more poor writing to weaken the NQ-SS relationship to try and make the NQ-MSS look like competition.

10 hours ago, lynne22 said:

:D Chen Fei yu acted this scene so well...and his deep voice.. gosh..... makes it even better.

Ahhh this scene is so swoony.......

@angelangie I know right? Her head nodding is so cute LOL... :joy: 

Sang Sang's little head nod is really cute but I wish she had left NQ hanging for longer.  CFY did well with that scene as it could have been pretty awkward and cheesy otherwise. I find it hilarious that of all characters Chen Li Xue was the one to spill truth tea and make NQ propose:lol:

9 hours ago, dzareth said:

I'm still mad at how they handled the SS-NQ-MSS non triangle. I'm also unhappy they didn't do the NQ-CPP shout match outside the cave (although their small wresting match did made me smile). I did have a thought the 

Reveal hidden contents

early appearance of Xiling priest will probably expedite the end of NQ's confinement, but I dislike how the plot was carried out because we don't see youngest uncle's legacy and this kind of make KHR meaningless. 

I don't know why they still have NQ lifting his hand at SS (even if it didn't land on her), and I'm disappointed that the drama is having less cool/awesome wuxia scenes. It felt as if there was 2 production teams - one emphasizing the wuxia aspect while the other focuses on the relationship aspect. 

Don't mind my brooding mood. Though the drama spoiled the awesomeness of novel NQ and novel SS, I'll still be watching until the series ends.

8 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Yup... same here....

Reveal hidden contents

I also dislike the part where NQ lifts his hand at SS in today's episode, and her reaction to it... this is an unnecessary scene that the drama can do without! :sweatingbullets:

About action scenes.. yeahh I know...  maybe the drama is holding out for the big battle with xia hou later.. (?)

But still, in today's episode the fighting scene is at least better than last week... :lol: 

ea164712gy1fydjekryytg20o00dinpd.gif

I agree with you both regarding the NQ-SS-MSS nonsense triangle in the drama and I'm still not happy with the way they changed NingSang's relationship dynamic or SS personality.  They have him raising his hand at SS again?  Why do they make him so aggressive towards her? 

I wonder if the lack of epic fight scenes might be a budget and time issues. I believe the awesomeness that was the Old Spring Pavillion fights was very time-consuming and took about 10 days to film.

8 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I am loving this MV so much  

credit to owner

Beautiful. Watching the MV is a reminder how gorgeous the locations and cinematography are in the drama.

6 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Its the execution in the way the director/screenwriter is handling NQ onscreen. 

I know NQ(drama) is not completely emotionless. He does show emotion but its not expressive in the way SS is or executed properly? CFY is a really new actor so some of his expression when trying to convey certain

emotions is a tad off. He doesnt emote quite well w/his eyes & face(ex: furrow his brow a bit to hard to look sad, but it comes off as a tad angry). 

I think NQ can be seen as very emotional w/range but CFY doesnt have a level of complexity in his acting. NQ sounds like a very complex/hugely flawed/unhinged/vengeful kind of character in the webnovel but onscreen, NQ doesnt read that way. Im not familiar w/ the webnovel so my perception of NQ is based on the drama/CFY's acting.

I agree. I think it's combination of CFY being a competent but not yet skilled or experienced actor, the script is quite weak in places and the direction is sometimes very heavy handed. 

3 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Does NQ/SS confess that they do indeed like eachother romantically? In the webnovel?

To those who've watched ahead in the drama, do they both confess to eachother? 

I hoped to see a confession in the drama too.  To be honest, as lovely as the proposal was I still feel it is too soon.  If I recall correctly, there wasn't an outright confession in the novel but we were in NQ's head when he had his lightbulb moments during the confrontation with SS at her parent's home but from what I've seen I don't think we've seen the same moment of realisation from NQ in the drama.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, rhaps said:

I've seen people older than CFY with worse acting. And compared to his acting in Secret Fruit, he had made a tremendous progress. His acting is pretty good and natural for someone his age. Of course, he is still lacking compared to his seniors. 

IMHO, despite he is still lacking in some area, the problem also lies in the scriptwriter and director. For example, they made SS acting like a kid in epi 47-48, while NQ being too rude to her, so the viewers couldnt feel their chemistry anymore. In epi 49, SS is back to her old mature adorable self, but the difference with epi 47-48 is quite obvious.

In the 1st LQ's arc, when NQ noticed that SS was eyeing on the beautiful LQ, he smiled (like it was funny) instead of angry of jealousy. I dont understand why the drama didnt make him more jealous, so that we could see more love from NQ toward SA, instead of a brotherly love. Another example is, of course, the famous 'SS being scared of him when he became a demon', while it should be the opposite. Those things also reduce the beautiful feelings that the viewers should feel between NQ-SS. 

The expressions of NQ toward MSS are actually pretty good (and so does her expressions toward him). In the breakup scene, he looked affraid to hurt her and didnt dare to look her in the eyes, while MSS stared at her with brimming tears. I dont understand why their scenes are more beautiful than the supposed to be OTP.

In other words, the ones that make me dissappointed is actually the scriptwriter and the director. Of course, they had done very well in other parts of the story, but they should do better in the romance part.

@dzareth, @lynne22, I share the same sentiments regaeding the fighting scene. Althought the fighting scene in epi 51 is better than the previous episodes, but it's not as good as the ones in the wilderness or many episodes before that. 

I agree the problem isn't the acting but the screenwriter for creating a love triangle and a weak SS that is the opposite of the novel, maybe it's to attract more audience but at the same time it diminished the love of OTP and SS felt like a second lead when MSS show up ( for me her caracter it's what we Portuguese call a bread with no salt, pretty but boring lol) 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Thanks to @ningsangcpp for the translation of the first one.  Can you also give us the gist of the 2nd and the 3rd one.  Coz in the 3rd one, SS somehow is hesitating to go and he raises his hands to beat her but controls himself.  I am curious as to why SS's like that?

9 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Ah i forgot to kowtow to @ningsangcpp, thx for the express translation!

No worries at all lovely friends :wub:

I just wanted to share my joy from watching that scene with you all! 

@pad-hariI'll have to go back and re-watch tonight as yesterday I stayed up late waiting for the eps and skimming through to NQ SS scenes didn't watch carefully because of work. I'll update you all once I get a chance to watch it! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

I've seen people older than CFY with worse acting. And compared to his acting in Secret Fruit, he had made a tremendous progress. His acting is pretty good and natural for someone his age. Of course, he is still lacking compared to his seniors. 

IMHO, despite he is still lacking in some area, the problem also lies in the scriptwriter and director. For example, they made SS acting like a kid in epi 47-48, while NQ being too rude to her, so the viewers couldnt feel their chemistry anymore. In epi 49, SS is back to her old mature adorable self, but the difference with epi 47-48 is quite obvious.

In the 1st LQ's arc, when NQ noticed that SS was eyeing on the beautiful LQ, he smiled (like it was funny) instead of angry of jealousy. I dont understand why the drama didnt make him more jealous, so that we could see more love from NQ toward SA, instead of a brotherly love. Another example is, of course, the famous 'SS being scared of him when he became a demon', while it should be the opposite. Those things also reduce the beautiful feelings that the viewers should feel between NQ-SS. 

The expressions of NQ toward MSS are actually pretty good (and so does her expressions toward him). In the breakup scene, he looked affraid to hurt her and didnt dare to look her in the eyes, while MSS stared at her with brimming tears. I dont understand why their scenes are more beautiful than the supposed to be OTP.

In other words, the ones that make me dissappointed is actually the scriptwriter and the director. Of course, they had done very well in other parts of the story, but they should do better in the romance part.

@dzareth, @lynne22, I share the same sentiments regaeding the fighting scene. Althought the fighting scene in epi 51 is better than the previous episodes, but it's not as good as the ones in the wilderness or many episodes before that. 

I havent see his other work. This is his first work Ive seen of CFY. Theres definitely a fair share of bad acting from well/more established actors. CFY has great chemistry w/everyone in EN.

His scenes w/MSS are good too. He's so soft w/her in comparison to SS. SS is his most important person.:tears:

Most Definitely. My gripe about the show has been the direction/writing. I havent watched far into the series yet(currently on ep. 42.).

The emphasis on the romance should have been w/ NQ&SS. Im so bitter. :grimace:.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, dzareth said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

did the book have more wuxia scene's and the book is the book and show is the show i know comparisons are natural but obviously changes would happen so the show is more smooth. 

I dont think they ruined the book at all because the book is still around, if the show was adapted exactly like the book i wouldn't like SS at all based on what people say the book version is like. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

Agreed.

Before NQ was going to the wilderness, NQ-SS's chemistry were natural and amazing. When he met MSS, NQ-MSS chemistry was, sorry to say, amazing as well. When NQ came back, he-SS almost felt like strangers/brother and sister. They did quite well in epi 45 with NQ chasing her around and trying to hug her, but they ruined the chemistry again by making SS running away from his 'demon' side, 

Then when SS left home, the drama should've made NQ confused longer and searched for her in the whole city, but it was cut short instead. They immediately quarrelling when they met, one acting like a rude older brother, while the other was acting like a little kid. Thankfully, they still showed them talking nicely and NQ softly probing her what went wrong (honestly, this is my only favourite part in epi 47 that I can rewatch). For me, that's the part that 'saved' NQ-SS's chemistry after the wilderness, before it became good again in epi 49. Because, like I said, the breakup scene of NQ-MSS was beautiful and heartbreaking. 

I can only say that CFY-SYR have done well and showed great chemistry before the wilderness, despite they're both being newcomers (pls cmiiw) and the limited emotional scenes between them. After that, my biggest complaint is not on them. 

I agree most of the fault lies with the director and screenwriter.  There was far too much focus placed on the NQ-MSS relationship.  They literally went out of their way to portray a beautiful love story with every romantic tropes, slow motion and stunning cinematography, lingering glances, inventing new scenes, taking moments from other parts of the novel, reducing the presence of SS in NQ's mind.  It should never have been given this type of treatment and this going on for a quarter of the drama was far too much. Everything about the way it was written and also the promo was presenting it like she was the female lead and  true love of NQ's life and SS was just the little sidekick at home. 

In the novel, SS running away was a pivotal moment: we felt NQ's fear and desperation and their confrontation was serious and emotional where NQ has a revelation about his feelings. In the drama, NQ barely searches and the confrontation at SS parent's home was played like a slapstick comedy with all the shouting, running around and hitting.  It looked like a big brother or master discipling their naughty sister or misbehaving servant instead of a turning point for their relationship. I was so annoyed watching the BTS because the director demonstrated to the actors and she wanted it played in this loud over-exaggerated manner for some reason. I agree the ending part where they sat down and talked quietly was the best part and more in line with how most of the scene should have been played. 

The focus should always have been NQ-SS.  Even the MSS relationship should have made it obvious no one else can compare with his relationship with SS but it's like after the first 30 episodes the writer and director forgot how important the NQ-SS relationship is to NQ and the overall story.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Yeah ..*sigh*. I'm also annoyed with the BTS. That part really doesnt help, after the obvious chemistry of NQ-MSS. 

I think epi 49 onward is a lot better and their chemistry is back again. But, I'm still sour when I think about epi 45-48 and the romance :P ..and so do some people on the internet *LOL* . Of course, there are issues in acting too, but if the drama wants it to be perfect, then they should hire professionals instead :P . SYR is a 25 yrs old acting like a 15 yrs old, so it's not easy for her . This is CFY's 2nd drama (3rd, if you include the part when he was a kid) and he had improved a lot here. They have done great when the script is right. 

I really miss seeing NQ/SS so hopefully the reunion & those episodes arent too off putting, since I havent fully seen it. 

Yes. When the writing is good, the scenes are well done. The fight scenes are executed well in EN.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

as the SangSang we know will always accept NingQue no matter that..... one of the main reason i never wanted to mention it all as i didnt want to remind myself of the thing that hurt....somehow i could see the hurt in NingQue's eyes when SangSang ran away.....

Clapping  Clapping. @angelangie Ning Que wasn’t trying to scare her but she was scared and she ran away. He was so hurt to see Sang a Sang run away. NQ and SS tel each other everything. Even though he likes MSS, SS was the first person he told he joined the devil.  He also told his brothers about it because he really respects them and wants guidance. 

The drama made SS and NQ soft , in fact way to soft since they are a killing team. Two people who plan murders or KILL TO SURVIVE. SS is a strong person in the novel but in the drama she act like a child. She doesn’t even act her age sometimes. Sometimes she acts her age. Smh smh smh But I stilllll love Sang Sang because SYR made me love her character. NQ needs someone who can refuse him and can read him welll. 

@rhaps and @raziela  the screenwriter and the director’s vision of this adaptation wasn’t great but they tried. Maybe they may want to put MSS and NQ together. If they do that a lot of the fans will be pissed. Pissed 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Clapping  Clapping. @angelangie Ning Que wasn’t trying to scare her but she was scared and she ran away. He was so hurt to see Sang a Sang run away. NQ and SS tel each other everything. Even though he likes MSS, SS was the first person he told he joined the devil.  He also told his brothers about it because he really respects them and wants guidance. 

The drama made SS and NQ soft , in fact way to soft since they are a killing team. Two people who plan murders or KILL TO SURVIVE. SS is a strong person in the novel but in the drama she act like a child. She doesn’t even act her age sometimes. Sometimes she acts her age. Smh smh smh But I stilllll love Sang Sang because SYR made me love her character. NQ needs someone who can refuse him and can read him welll. 

I love SS and SY portrays her very well. Sang is still 15 so its natural for her to be childish since shes still young, although sometimes she appears mature more often than NQ. NQ also reads as someone who still quite young. Both NQ/SS have potential/room for growth.

• Like 4

I just... I don't know... It fel so strange during the most recent episodes with SS smiling too much and that

Spoiler

"proposal" just felt out of place. It feels as if SS broke NQ-MSS when that is not how things are supposed to be. In the novel, NQ affirmed his commitment to SS just by saying she needed not to return to her parent's place. That felt more meaningful. The somewhat proposal may be cute but the placement is awkward. 

I think the person who is closest to the novel among the major characters would be YHY and XH. CPP and MSS are okay too. However, NQ and SS had a lot of tampering. The tampering made sense in pre MSS eps, but afterwards were somewhat jarred... 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, raziela said:

I agree.  It's totally out of sync with the depth of their bond.  I think even a moment or two of fear would have been understandable but to have her keep backing away and trying to get away from him until he is back to normal just goes against everything their relationship should stand for.  It's just more poor writing to weaken the NQ-SS relationship to try and make the NQ-MSS look like competition.

Sang Sang's little head nod is really cute but I wish she had left NQ hanging for longer.  CFY did well with that scene as it could have been pretty awkward and cheesy otherwise. I find it hilarious that of all characters Chen Li Xue was the one to spill truth tea and make NQ propose:lol:

I agree with you both regarding the NQ-SS-MSS nonsense triangle in the drama and I'm still not happy with the way they changed NingSang's relationship dynamic or SS personality.  They have him raising his hand at SS again?  Why do they make him so aggressive towards her? 

I wonder if the lack of epic fight scenes might be a budget and time issues. I believe the awesomeness that was the Old Spring Pavillion fights was very time-consuming and took about 10 days to film.

Beautiful. Watching the MV is a reminder how gorgeous the locations and cinematography are in the drama.

I agree. I think it's combination of CFY being a competent but not yet skilled or experienced actor, the script is quite weak in places and the direction is sometimes very heavy handed. 

I hoped to see a confession in the drama too.  To be honest, as lovely as the proposal was I still feel it is too soon.  If I recall correctly, there wasn't an outright confession in the novel but we were in NQ's head when he had his lightbulb moments during the confrontation with SS at her parent's home but from what I've seen I don't think we've seen the same moment of realisation from NQ in the drama.

From what I understand from spoilers, NQ does propose to SS in the webnovel. But in the drama he proposes to her too.

I was wondering if this was after they both realize they like eachother/confess? I feel like things are happening to abruptly.

• Like 3