Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

Recommended Posts

@Snow Guardian  Yeahhh that's how I read it too :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It was a satisfying read right? 

 

My thoughts of ep 45-46 is very in line with you guys... it follows the book closely...[aside from that damn glasses hahaha].. that I can still follow it fine..

Just as I predicted.. they are making this more dramatic to break their bond.. starting from WGM and YS's burial talk.. its very dramatic..

Spoiler

And, I must say... Sang Sang's reaction to  Ning Que's demon look disappoint me, I'm not sure why are the writer/director takes this approach.. They had NQ purposely scares her.. and Her reaction and words even tho follow the book, is more accusing than the quiet acceptance that I expect... :mellow:

I mean its fine if the want to create conflict.. but to me the base on SS and NQ's bond is trust and also unwavering acceptance... for them SS is SS.... NQ is NQ..... so by changing this.. it made me feel like SS is starting to fear him....... hence more conflict..

I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do.. but hey... what can we do right? we're just the viewer :mellow:

 

 

And I'm just going to say this outside of spoiler button... I think the Directors interpretation/approach on Devil cult and look is wrong....... I'm fine with how they interpret the talisman.. but ever since NQ joins the Devil rank.. all the focus is only on the Devil appearance.. and the fighting scene just falls flat. 

I get it that in drama they have to "show us , not tell us", but I don't know... the more I see it the more it doesn't impressed me. Sigh... I hope it will get better once NQ went into the cave. 

 

And About Sang Sang..

My fav quote from this episode is : Sang Sang is not a concubine. Sang Sang is Sang Sang. Young master's Sang Sang. :tears:

Spoiler

She's growing conscious... I like it... and also how she slowly but surely starts to show her independent side. 

The script writer changed the last scene where it is now SS that ask NQ about MSS... it's weird at first.. but the more I think about it.. the more I like it.... you can see by her words and body language just what she's going to do later on...

Oooohh this convo is so awkward... its different with the book.. but I think we still see that NQ is gauging her reaction.. he's considering her..... at least this took him out of his in the cloud reaction because of MSS kiss *facepalm* LOL

So I can accept this scene. 

 

52 minutes ago, angelangie said:

 

actually i salute them on that....they are almost like 80% close to the actual story lines.....and other than the over dramatize parts which i close an eyes to....i have no complain :) 

 

 

viewer sometimes need to learn to accept scenes and ideas with open heart....it will lessen the anguish for them.....i mean most viewers love some lovey dovey feeling lols....probably this is why the director push it forward....however of course we will only love it more if it was SangSang instead of MoShanShan :D 

 

 

 

Yeah... I agreee... sigh... personally for me if it still retains the heart of the story I will try to be satisfied. It was just some instances like yesterday that I feel triggered LOL... 

  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Snow Guardian said:

And again, SS seems to be fated with LQ. I am anticipating their fights very much!:lol:

Hello @Snow Guardian

What do you SS is fated to be with LQ???? That is so terrible if she is fated with this guy. :tears::bawling:

  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

They discussed it before SS left:

 

  Hide contents

Suddenly, Ning Que raised his head, looked at Sangsang on the opposite side and asked, "Since your childhood, we have discussed what kind of sister-in-law I should find for you."
Sangsang put her bowl on the table lightly and looked over and corrected him, "That's young mistress."
"That kind of appellation was used after we left the City of Wei."
Ning Que burst into laughter at the thought of their past experiences of going to the House of Red Sleeves to select girls together with Sangsang. Then, he finally understood why he felt empty these days. It was because he had not asked for somebody's advice, or reported to somebody, or perhaps he wanted to hear something that could please him.
He looked at Sangsang and seriously asked, "What do you think of Mo Shanshan?"
Sangsang earnestly looked into his eyes, and after a long time, she raised her bowl again and answered, "Good."
Looking at the little girl who almost buried her face in the rice, Ning Que asked curiously, "Very good?"
Sangsang raised her face from the bowl and said, "Very good."
Watching her crystal eyes, her soft yellowish hair, her little darkish face and the rice pasted on her cheeks, Ning Que sank into silence for a long time and then smiled without saying anything.
"Nothing, I was just asking."
He reached out his hand to take the rice off Sangsang's face and deftly threw it into his own mouth. Then, he continued with his meal in somewhat low spirits. He silently lamented to himself, "Anyway, Sangsang is still a child."

 

In the translation of the scene in ep 45 in the drama they actually had SS mention MSS name first, thanks agan to @satanghaesolim

 

Thanks for the reminder:D

I think we have discussed this convo between them in our previous comments.

 

In my opi, NQ just wanted to testing the water and see SS's reaction at first since he and mss just started the relationship. If you read carefully in the novel, NQ was expecting something more than being agree with him. I believe, if by that time ss says "no" or saying she doesnt like mss, NQ would not carry on his relationship with mss because he always so submissive to SS and care more ss's opinion than himself, let alone others. So, we will never know whether he only discussing this for another "purpose" or genuinly really wanna male mss as his wife.

 Unfortunately, as we all know, her answers to him kinda shocked him and made his spirit kinda low after hearing that. Anyway, I am not too sure as well, hehe

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Hello @Snow Guardian

What do you SS is fated to be with LQ???? That is so terrible if she is fated with this guy. :tears::bawling:

Hohoho, yo, yo! I can spoil it here. But, just wanna give u a little clue, :D

LQ tells NQ that he wanna eat SS alive. So, i am anticipating NQ's reaction in the drama, LOL!!!:lol:

hopefully the almighty aunts did not skip this scene.:D

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lynne22, I'm annoyed too with how NQ scared her and SS got scared. I mean, the drama have shown how close they were when they were together, so why should make things ackward again? This is the one that makes me 'confused'. I'm confused with the scriptwriter + PD 's intention. What did they want really?? They've weaken NQ-SS by adding sweet scenes of NQ-MSS, then went back to the book by NQ becoming warm to SS, but then they set them apart again??? 

 

While I think the actors have done a decent job, I'm so not satisfied with the scriptwriters and PD. 

 

About SS asking NQ first, I'm still conflicted whether I like it or not. But one thing that I like is his ackwardness to discuss this with her. It just showed that he realized that something was not right to discuss this with her at that time , and how he still havent sure about how he felt. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rhaps said:

@lynne22, I'm annoyed too with how NQ scared her and SS got scared. I mean, the drama have shown how close they were when they were together, so why should make things ackward again? This is the one that makes me 'confused'. I'm confused with the scriptwriter + PD 's intention. What did they want really?? They've weaken NQ-SS by adding sweet scenes of NQ-MSS, then went back to the book by NQ becoming warm to SS, but then they set them apart again??? 

 

While I think the actors have done a decent job, I'm so not satisfied with the scriptwriters and PD. 

 

About SS asking NQ first, I'm still conflicted whether I like it or not. But one thing that I like is his ackwardness to discuss this with her. It just showed that he realized that something was not right to discuss this with her at that time , and how he still havent sure about how he felt. 

I like your point of view, and I agree, agree, agree!!! Its too obvious what he feels by looking back at his facial expressions:D:D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Thanks for the reminder:D

I think we have discussed this convo between them in our previous comments.

 

In my opi, NQ just wanted to testing the water and see SS's reaction at first since he and mss just started the relationship. If you read carefully in the novel, NQ was expecting something more than being agree with him. I believe, if by that time ss says "no" or saying she doesnt like mss, NQ would not carry on his relationship with mss because he always so submissive to SS and care more ss's opinion than himself, let alone others. So, we will never know whether he only discussing this for another "purpose" or genuinly really wanna male mss as his wife.

 Unfortunately, as we all know, her answers to him kinda shocked him and made his spirit kinda low after hearing that. Anyway, I am not too sure as well, hehe

Very true @Snow Guardian Arthur Chen showed exactly that in the episode 46. When asked that question, he was really hoping SS said she didn’t like her but she also said very good very good. 

When I watch a drama I tend analyze everything , all i see is SS being the Nobel idiot and letting him go because she thinks he wants MSS. We all know he does want MSS but Sang Sang. She is willing to let him find happiness.

 

i was quite disappointed with NQ scaring her but my interpretation is that he didn’t do it on purpose. He just lost control of it because he was sad and mad that THE SAME GUY WHO TOOK AWAY HIS HAPPINESS WHEN HE WAS A CHILD TRY TO TAKE SANG SANG FROM HIM. We all know how how protective of her he is. He (NQ) also isolates SS so that she can never leave him. NQ’s biggest fear is being alone. Look what happen with Blackie, he saved the guy but eventually he left him. While away SS became independent and is thinking for herself. It is al due to the fact he wasn’t there but WGM was. Also it seems SS loves a person by their actions and what she thinks is in their heart. 

 

Does this makes sense Chingu’s??

 

I will make GIF FOR YOU ALL 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@UnniSarah, that's what I think too (about NQ scaring her), but I havent understood what they were saying. But if the drama doesnt explain/show clearly why he is doing it, then the viewers wont feel that way and that wont feel good either. Judging from NQ's expression after she left (he looked sad), it seemed that he couldnt control himself. But that is something that the drama should explain properly, in order to be more convincing. 

 

 

 


Can this be explained by epi 46, with NQ trying hard to suppress his demon power? 
 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

@Snow Guardian  Yeahhh that's how I read it too :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It was a satisfying read right? 

 

My thoughts of ep 45-46 is very in line with you guys... it follows the book closely...[aside from that damn glasses hahaha].. that I can still follow it fine..

Just as I predicted.. they are making this more dramatic to break their bond.. starting from WGM and YS's burial talk.. its very dramatic..

  Hide contents

And, I must say... Sang Sang's reaction to  Ning Que's demon look disappoint me, I'm not sure why are the writer/director takes this approach.. They had NQ purposely scares her.. and Her reaction and words even tho follow the book, is more accusing than the quiet acceptance that I expect... :mellow:

I mean its fine if the want to create conflict.. but to me the base on SS and NQ's bond is trust and also unwavering acceptance... for them SS is SS.... NQ is NQ..... so by changing this.. it made me feel like SS is starting to fear him....... hence more conflict..

I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do.. but hey... what can we do right? we're just the viewer :mellow:

 

 

And I'm just going to say this outside of spoiler button... I think the Directors interpretation/approach on Devil cult and look is wrong....... I'm fine with how they interpret the talisman.. but ever since NQ joins the Devil rank.. all the focus is only on the Devil appearance.. and the fighting scene just falls flat. 

I get it that in drama they have to "show us , not tell us", but I don't know... the more I see it the more it doesn't impressed me. Sigh... I hope it will get better once NQ went into the cave. 

 

And About Sang Sang..

My fav quote from this episode is : Sang Sang is not a concubine. Sang Sang is Sang Sang. Young master's Sang Sang. :tears:

  Hide contents

She's growing conscious... I like it... and also how she slowly but surely starts to show her independent side. 

The script writer changed the last scene where it is now SS that ask NQ about MSS... it's weird at first.. but the more I think about it.. the more I like it.... you can see by her words and body language just what she's going to do later on...

Oooohh this convo is so awkward... its different with the book.. but I think we still see that NQ is gauging her reaction.. he's considering her..... at least this took him out of his in the cloud reaction because of MSS kiss *facepalm* LOL

So I can accept this scene. 

 

 

Yeah... I agreee... sigh... personally for me if it still retains the heart of the story I will try to be satisfied. It was just some instances like yesterday that I feel triggered LOL... 

@lynne22 you really read it that way too??? I thought only my own understanding so I wont say I am 100% right with my previous point of view:D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:


@Snow Guardian

 

 

i was quite disappointed with NQ scaring her but my interpretation is that he didn’t do it on purpose. He just lost control of it because he was sad and mad that THE SAME GUY WHO TOOK AWAY HIS HAPPINESS WHEN HE WAS A CHILD TRY TO TAKE SANG SANG FROM HIM. We all know how how protective of her he is. He (NQ) also isolates SS so that she can never leave him. NQ’s biggest fear is being alone. Look what happen with Blackie, he saved the guy but eventually he left him. While away SS became independent and is thinking for herself. It is al due to the fact he wasn’t there but WGM was. Also it seems SS loves a person by their actions and what she thinks is in their heart. 

 

Does this makes sense Chingu’s??

 

Ugh why are you making me cry LOL...I love this interpretation :heartbreak::heartbreak::heartbreak:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Very true @Snow Guardian Arthur Chen showed exactly that in the episode 46. When asked that question, he was really hoping SS said she didn’t like her but she also said very good very good. 

When I watch a drama I tend analyze everything , all i see is SS being the Nobel idiot and letting him go because she thinks he wants MSS. We all know he does want MSS but Sang Sang. She is willing to let him find happiness.

 

i was quite disappointed with NQ scaring her but my interpretation is that he didn’t do it on purpose. He just lost control of it because he was sad and mad that THE SAME GUY WHO TOOK AWAY HIS HAPPINESS WHEN HE WAS A CHILD TRY TO TAKE SANG SANG FROM HIM. We all know how how protective of her he is. He (NQ) also isolates SS so that she can never leave him. NQ’s biggest fear is being alone. Look what happen with Blackie, he saved the guy but eventually he left him. While away SS became independent and is thinking for herself. It is al due to the fact he wasn’t there but WGM was. Also it seems SS loves a person by their actions and what she thinks is in their heart. 

 

Does this makes sense Chingu’s??

Hey chingu, today I learnt a new word "noble idiot" from you, LOL. 

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

THE SAME GUY WHO TOOK AWAY HIS HAPPINESS WHEN HE WAS A CHILD TRY TO TAKE SANG SANG FROM HIM. We all know how how protective of her he is. He (NQ) also isolates SS so that she can never leave him. NQ’s biggest fear is being alone. Look what happen with Blackie, he saved the guy but eventually he left him. While away SS became independent and is thinking for herself. It is al due to the fact he wasn’t there but WGM was. Also it seems SS loves a person by their actions and what she thinks is in their heart. 

Ok, this part.  Actually I skipped this part in the novel.  Did he really not ask SS, how she spent her time when she was alone for 6 months?  Did she not encounter any danger?  Coz in the drama,  he does not seem to care at all and whenever she tries to talk to him, he just ignores her.  He is just in cloud nine esp. After that kiss from MSS.

edit:. Btw who is blackie?

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pad-hari said:

Ok, this part.  Actually I skipped this part in the novel.  Did he really not ask SS, how she spent her time when she was alone for 6 months?  Did she not encounter any danger?  Coz in the drama,  he does not seem to care at all and whenever she tries to talk to him, he just ignores her.  He is just in cloud nine esp. After that kiss from MSS.

I'm not sure if this was made clear in the drama outside of him asking the princess to look after SS, like did Chen Pipi say in the drama that NQ told him to check on SS?  But in the novel he had practically everyone in the city watch over SS LOL.  He told the gang to guard the shop and I think also talked with the other shop owners to check in with SS.  Like the whole city pretty much knew knew not to mess with NQ's handmaiden.  But yeah he didn't know about her going to prison or finding her parents until after she ran away cause he was too busy showing MSS around.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Ok, this part.  Actually I skipped this part in the novel.  Did he really not ask SS, how she spent her time when she was alone for 6 months?  Did she not encounter any danger?  Coz in the drama,  he does not seem to care at all and whenever she tries to talk to him, he just ignores her.  He is just in cloud nine esp. After that kiss from MSS.

edit:. Btw who is blackie?

No he didnt ask in the novel too. But pls cmiiw, when did he ignore her in the drama? It should be the opposite in epi 45

 

1 minute ago, kiara_bleu said:

I'm not sure if this was made clear in the drama outside of him asking the princess to look after SS, like did Chen Pipi say in the drama that NQ told him to check on SS?  But in the novel he had practically everyone in the city watch over SS LOL.  He told the gang to guard the shop and I think also talked with the other shop owners to check in with SS.  Like the whole city pretty much knew knew not to mess with NQ's handmaiden.  But yeah he didn't know about her going to prison or finding her parents until after she ran away cause he was too busy showing MSS around.

In the drama, I believe that he also notified the whole city. Pls cmiiw. It's because 



The gank member came to protect SS when she was going to be arrested

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rhaps said:

 

 

In the drama, I believe that he also notified the whole city. Pls cmiiw. It's because 

 

  Hide contents

 

 


The gank member came to protect SS when she was going to be arrested
 

 

Ah cool, thanks for the correction and I am glad that was included in the drama

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rhaps said:

No he didnt ask in the novel too. But pls cmiiw, when did he ignore her in the drama? It should be the opposite in epi 45

 

After everybody left and when they were alone, she was going to say him something, but he told her that he's tired and going to rest.  

 

12 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

I'm not sure if this was made clear in the drama outside of him asking the princess to look after SS, like did Chen Pipi say in the drama that NQ told him to check on SS?  But in the novel he had practically everyone in the city watch over SS LOL.  He told the gang to guard the shop and I think also talked with the other shop owners to check in with SS.  Like the whole city pretty much knew knew not to mess with NQ's handmaiden.  But yeah he didn't know about her going to prison or finding her parents until after she ran away cause he was too busy showing MSS around.

In the drama also he asked everybody he is close to, to take care of SS.  

 

But he has to check with her, isn't it.  He just got angry when SS buried the ashes of WGM next to YS MASTER, he needs to ask her what exactly is the reason for that since Ss also know what exactly happened 15 years ago (even though she did not experience the situation) and even though she is young, she is smart in ascertaining the situations and had never once gone against NQ.

 

edit:

cr: uploader

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

Ah cool, thanks for the correction and I am glad that was included in the drama

Yeah..that should be somewhere around epi 42-43. It's in epi 43, IIRC

 

6 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

After everybody left and when they were alone, she was going to say him something, but he told her that he's tired and going to rest.  

 

Ahh that part. I didnt notice too (that she wanted to ask something) :P . I guess I was just too happy to see him chasing her around and got confused to see her reaction. Those scenes felt pretty natural and, I like the acting of CFY-SYR

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rhaps said:

No he didnt ask in the novel too. But pls cmiiw, when did he ignore her in the drama? It should be the opposite in epi 45

 

In the drama, I believe that he also notified the whole city. Pls cmiiw. It's because 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 


The gank member came to protect SS when she was going to be arrested
 

 

 

Hello chingu @rhaps    and all my chingu's 

NQ did tell everyone he knew he was leaving and to check up on Sang Sang. He made sure she had protection and lots of witnesses.  She was safe but not from the Prince. He is a Prince after all or against Cultivators they can't really do much.

  @pad-hari NQ was on cloud nine , he was so happy to be home but Eldest brother gave him a task to show MSS around. Eldest Brother is the one who invited MSS to CHang AH. We must all remember that. Eldest brother who started all this mess because he thought he knew what was best for NQ.   NQ would not have spent so much time with her if it weren't for Eldest Brother intervention. smh smh smh  He thought NQ was in love but we all saw him chasing after Sang Sang. HE wanted a hug , she ignored him. smh smh smh 

If you all noticed that SS likes to keep things from him because of his temper. Even in the novel , NQ didn't ask any question because he always believed Sang Sang would be by his side FOREVER. FOREVER........ :D:heart: 

 

"Blackie"  is the friend who died  near his shop, his little spy friend the one who found SS with him when they were a child. 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

Ok, this part.  Actually I skipped this part in the novel.  Did he really not ask SS, how she spent her time when she was alone for 6 months?  Did she not encounter any danger?  Coz in the drama,  he does not seem to care at all and whenever she tries to talk to him, he just ignores her.  He is just in cloud nine esp. After that kiss from MSS.

edit:. Btw who is blackie?

When I was reading your comment, I was like "mmm good" and suddenly a question pop up at the end "who is blackie?", LOL:lol:

You dont know him? Have you seen him being killed in front of NQ's shop?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                                         LET'S CELEBRATE     

                       HAPPY    90 PAGES

                     TGIF

giphy.gif

  • LOL 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...