Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

Showing conflict between NQ/SS is really good, & definitely adds depth to their relationship & growth as individuals. Its probably a long time that they ever had conflicting emotions/different viewpoints w/eachother so it's nice to see how they both will handle it. Judging from the spoilers, its something Im looking forward to.

• Like 5

Spoiler translations for ep 45 :) for some reason I watched in the wrong order:sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

NQ: Sang Sang, still not coming over to let me hug you?

SS: I'm working, hands are dirty.

NQ: How are you?

SS: Young Master, I have something I want to tell you.

NQ: What matter is more important than letting me hug you? Since I returned, you haven't been very happy. Did you not miss me even a little? Quickly, come over and hug. Okay. Quickly go wash the dishes. I'll let you see something good. Look, what is this. When you were young you asked me for this one but I didn't buy it for you. You loudly cried at me. This time going to Tu Yang City, I saw this one again. Do you like it?

SS: nods Young Master....

NQ: Okay, quickly wash the dishes. Young Master is really tired. Boil some water later I want to take a bath.

SS: mm

NQ is really treating SS like a servant, make the noodles, wash the dishes, boil the water :P

More spoiler for ep 45

Spoiler

NQ: Master, how about right here?

SS: mm here is very good.

NQ: Go further away from us.

SS: Master Yan Se told me to tell Young Master. Two horizontal and two vertical, both horizontal and vertical in the same way as 井 (ah I get it like the character two lines side by side whether vertically or horizontally they want to be buried side by side)

NQ: Didn't I tell you to bury further away, bury further away. Why didn't you listen?

SS: He is my Master.

NQ: Now you don't even listen to what I say?

SS: Dead, both are dead, what use is burying further away. When they chose the urns they already said they want to be displayed side by side. In the future, they can still be neighbours.

NQ: Be what neighbours? They became ash, still thinking of fighting all day, chatting all day? Both are useless.

SS: My Master has always been searching for the shadow of dark night. He said it is the son of Hades.

NQ: Your Master is our enemy! The one who directed Xia Hou to kill General Lin's entire family, that Xi Ling person is your Master! If it wasn't because of you (pointing at WGM), General Lin's entire family, the villagers at the Yan-Tang border, my brother (fraternal) Zhuo er's entire family and your entire family wouldn't have died. So many innocent people died. You actually recognise an enemy as your Master?

SS: Young Master also didn't say anything and returned with a ........ heap of people. (LOL)

NQ: You're making me so angry!

Yan Se voiceover: This time going to the wilderness you have to be careful of everything. If you can't win in a fight, then think of a way to escape, return with your life, Master will teach you well.

NQ voiceover: When I was young my father was just like you, peeling peanuts for me to eat. You are just like my father.

NQ: Sang Sang I want to tell you....

SS: Young Master I want to tell you...

SS: You first.

NQ: I want to tell you, about a very important matter. (NQ squishes a silver teal with his fingers)

SS: How did you do that? Young Master? How are you?

NQ: I've already joined (entered) the devil.

SS: What? Joined the devil?

NQ: I've already learned the Haoren Qi left behind by Youngest Senior uncle. It became this kind of Haoren Qi (energy). Now my body became like this. The so-called Hoaren Qi is taking in the vital energy of Heaven and Earth and storing it inside one's body. In other words, now my cultivation technique is the Devil sects technique. I've already joined the devil.

SS: Saying that, then you are the Son of Hades Master was talking about.

NQ: Say fewer useless things. Look closely, is it not your families Young Master? I want to eat

fried egg noodles with 30 pieces of spring onions.

Sigh.... in the novel SS is not at all scared that NQ joined the devil because NQ will always be NQ here they have SS running away from him? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

23 minutes ago, satanghaesolim said:

Spoiler translations for ep 45 :) for some reason I watched in the wrong order:sweatingbullets:

Reveal hidden contents

NQ: Sang Sang, still not coming over to let me hug you?

SS: I'm working, hands are dirty.

NQ: How are you?

SS: Young Master, I have something I want to tell you.

NQ: What matter is more important than letting me hug you? Since I returned, you haven't been very happy. Did you not miss me even a little? Quickly, come over and hug. Okay. Quickly go wash the dishes. I'll let you see something good. Look, what is this. When you were young you asked me for this one but I didn't buy it for you. You loudly cried at me. This time going to Tu Yang City, I saw this one again. Do you like it?

SS: nods Young Master....

NQ: Okay, quickly wash the dishes. Young Master is really tired. Boil some water later I want to take a bath.

SS: mm

NQ is really treating SS like a servant, make the noodles, wash the dishes, boil the water :P

More spoiler for ep 45

Hide contents

NQ: Master, how about right here?

SS: mm here is very good.

NQ: Go further away from us.

SS: Master Yan Se told me to tell Young Master. Two horizontal and two vertical, both horizontal and vertical in the same way as (orderly?) (sorry I have no idea what this means)

NQ: Didn't I tell you to bury further away, bury further away. Why didn't you listen?

SS: He is my Master.

NQ: Now you don't even listen to what I say?

SS: Dead, both are dead, what use is burying further away. When they chose the urns they already said they want to be displayed side by side. In the future, they can still be neighbours.

NQ: Be what neighbours? They became ash, still thinking of fighting all day, chatting all day? Both are useless.

SS: My Master has always been searching for the shadow of dark night. He said it is the son of Hades.

NQ: Your Master is our enemy! The one who directed Xia Hou to kill General Lin's entire family, that Xi Ling person is your Master! If it wasn't because of you (pointing at WGM), General Lin's entire family, the commoners at the Yan-Tang border, my brother (fraternal) Zhuo er's entire family and your entire family wouldn't have died. So many innocent people died. You actually recognise an enemy as your Master?

SS: Young Master also didn't say anything and returned with a ........ heap of people. (LOL)

NQ: You're making me so angry!

Yan Se voiceover: This time going to the wilderness you have to be careful of everything. If you can't win in a fight, then think of a way to escape, return with your life, Master will teach you well.

NQ voiceover: When I was young my father was just like you, peeling peanuts for me to eat. You are just like my father.

NQ: Sang Sang I want to tell you....

SS: Young Master I want to tell you...

SS: You first.

NQ: I want to tell you, about a very important matter. (NQ squishes a silver teal with his fingers)

SS: How did you do that? Young Master? How are you?

NQ: I've already joined (entered) the devil.

SS: What? Joined the devil?

NQ: I've already learned the Haoren Qi left behind by Youngest Senior uncle. It became this kind of Haoren Qi (energy). Now my body became like this. The so-called Hoaren Qi is taking in the vital energy of Heaven and Earth and storing inside one's body. In other words, now my cultivation technique is the Devil sects technique. I've already joined the devil.

SS: Saying that, then you are the Son of Hades Master was talking about.

NQ: Say fewer useless things. Look closely, is it not your families Young Master? I want to eat

fried egg noodles with 30 pieces of spring onions.

Sigh.... in the novel SS is not at all scared that NQ joined the devil because NQ will always be NQ here they have SS running away from him? 

Big thanks!!:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can somebody clear my doubt?  Why did NQ show SS the fierce side of devil sect?  Was he angry with her that she did not listen to his words on WGM? Or he just want her to show that he has joined the devil sect?

Actually NQ wanted to enjoy the best of both worlds SS and MSS.  Marrying MSS and still keeping SS by his side as ever.  But I  feel that SS is more matured than NQ for her age.  She left him.  Even though she did not like NQ liking other girls than her, she wanted to give him the space.  Indeed she will ask him in the novel

Spoiler

Ning Que hit the back of his head forcefully and said again, "We will spend our lives together, without a doubt."

Following that, he continued, "But I do have to get married, I know that you might find it hard to accept in a short time, and I understand how you feel right now..."

Sangsang suddenly asked, "You said that we will definitely spend the rest of our lives together?"

Ning Que answered with certainty, "It is necessary!"

Sangsang said, "And you have to get married."

Ning Que nodded.

Sangsang said, "You have to spend your life with someone else if you get married, how are you going to spend your life with me then?"

That makes sense, isn't it?  I also agree that this is the BEP for both to understand the love they have for each other.  So, I am looking forward to tonites episode so much

• Like 7

2 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Showing conflict between NQ/SS is really good, & definitely adds depth to their relationship & growth as individuals. Its probably a long time that they ever had conflicting emotions/different viewpoints w/eachother so it's nice to see how they both will handle it. Judging from the spoilers, its something Im looking forward to.

yes SangSang had always been accommodating to NingQue and NingQue had always been so use to have SangSang to listen to him and also follow his lead most of the times.....

however this times it will be different....both are now at logger heads with their own belief and also to their own rights.....

4 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Can somebody clear my doubt?  Why did NQ show SS the fierce side of devil sect?  Was he angry with her that she did not listen to his words on WGM?

Actually NQ wanted to enjoy the best of both worlds SS and MSS.  Marrying MSS and still keeping SS by his side as ever.  But I  feel that SS is more matured than NQ for her age.  She left him.  Even though she did not like NQ liking other girls than her, she wanted to give him the space.  Indeed she will ask him in the novel

Reveal hidden contents

That makes sense, isn't it?  I also agree that this is the BEP for both to understand the love they have for each other.  So, I am looking forward to tonites episode so much

what he said make sense....and what SangSang asked is also another type of questions....

to NingQue it is alright to have both of them.....but not for girls....girls dont like to share if possible.....no one ever like to share a love one....even siblings have rivalry among themselves for their parents affections....it all happen....

this is the way of life.....

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Saw the clip on Youtube where Fuzi told Ning Que he is not the son of Hades and the blame of the past cannot be placed on solely on his own existence. Such a wise man.

Even Wei Guangming saw at the end that he was wrong.

Sang Sang and Ning Que argument on Wei Guangming was Ning Que knew Wei Guangming was behind the massacre of the General household while Sang Sang saw him as the homeless old man she took in and became her master.

It is good that Sang Sang exerted her own spirit and thoughts as she should live in her own accord and not still under Ning Que whim.

Totally agree with the comment that Ning Que wants to enjoy the best of both world by keeping both women by his side. 

I believe Sang Sang make him make a choice

• Like 8

Thank you @satanghaesolim for the scene translations.  I though that the NQ-SS scenes were so well acted and directed in ep 45.  Now I can watch the wilderness episodes without as much angst :joy:

But I also didn't really like how they changed SS reaction to NQ joining the devil sect because SS never doubted NQ and what makes their relationship special and what drove their actions going forward is that their bond transcended all these power struggles from different sects and from the royal family. 

This is from the most recent chapters translated:

Spoiler

"And I want to tell you that my love is different from yours. Mine might not seem as sad or difficult as yours, but it is calmer and stronger because my love has nothing to do with good and evil."
Lu Chenjia paused for a moment and asked, "How can one's love have nothing to do with good and evil?"
"Because love is subjective, just like good and evil, beauty and ugliness. In fact, the world is subjective. Why should my views be affected by that of the world?"
Ning Que turned to look at Sangsang who was resting against his shoulders. He looked at her tiny face and said softly, "I don't like Haotian or Yama. But no matter whether she is the Lady of Light or the Daughter of Yama, it would not affect my affection for her. Just like how she continued to like me even when everyone said that I was the Son of Yama."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

actually over all in the drama they are doing pretty well however they exaggerate alot of stuff....and they put too much focus on the situation that make the viewers dissatisfied especially for those who had actually read the novel itself....

they over dramatize the situation in between MSS and NingQue especially, they deepen the feeling NingQue had for Mo ShanShan.....and they over play the situation where NingQue was arguing with SangSang in front of their parent.....

most of us know the direction of the stories but to some who never read the novel i guess it is their right to request for such thing to be happening in between too.....

but still im glad to be on board on this series as it is really an eyes opener :) 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, angelangie said:

actually over all in the drama they are doing pretty well however they exaggerate alot of stuff....and they put too much focus on the situation that make the viewers dissatisfied especially for those who had actually read the novel itself....

they over dramatize the situation in between MSS and NingQue especially, they deepen the feeling NingQue had for Mo ShanShan.....and they over play the situation where NingQue was arguing with SangSang in front of their parent.....

most of us know the direction of the stories but to some who never read the novel i guess it is their right to request for such thing to be happening in between too.....

but still im glad to be on board on this series as it is really an eyes opener :) 

You are right in fact I am quite amazed at how faithful they are following the story cause you hear of other drama adaptions where fans complain that so much were changed.  I guess the exaggerations are so that viewers will go through a roller coaster of emotions and be even more hooked.  I mean would this forum be this active if were are not being put through the ringer by the screenwriter/director :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Now I see why I like about epi 45-46. I like it because these episodes showed conflicts between NQ-SS. Their relationship is far from ideal, especially if we compare it to dramas in general. Still, I like it because it is not cliche and predictable and, more over, it has 'depth'. 

I'll put this into spoilers for those who havent watched epi 45-45 :

I agree that NQ wants to have them (SS-MSS) both. He is a represntation of real life men :P , who is not ideal but, in my case, is understandable for his current situation. First, SS is still very young and their relationship is like a family all this time. Secondly, he has nobody to teach him what to do and what's right or wrong, nor he has a very good example around him. So, he has to learn things by experiencing them, including romance and how to treat girls

I cant expect him to be sensitive towards SS's feelings (when he arrived at home), because he has used to tell her everything. Now, there is this girl that he likes, why cant he bring her home and show her to SS? 

He is also too preoccupied by other things, like learning to cultivate and get revenge. Recently, he lost someone precious to him and he even joined to devil. All of his efforts to enter the Academy could be lost, and he could even be chased by the Good sect because of that.  With all of this happening to him, I dont think he has the time to take a look into himself and analyze what he really feels about girls or how complex SS's heart is. 

Now, the writer and the director have to make this part right, that is, NQ's 'learning curve' on romance . If it's done right, then the whole MSS arc will end satisfyingly. Afterall, EN (Season 1) is mostly about the growth of NQ. 

Thanks @satanghaesolim for the translation

@angelangie, yeah ..the drama overdid MSS's part and NQ-SS's quarrel . This conflict is already complex enough, and adding unnecessary things will make the viewers get the wrong ideas

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Now, the writer and the director to make this part right, that is, NQ's 'learning curve' on romance . If it's done right, then the whole MSS arc will end satisfyingly. Afterall, EN (Season 1) is mostly about the growth of NQ. 

@satanghaesolim

@angelangie

After reading the translations for ep 45 I am slowly trusting the writer/director especially that conversation between SS and the other maid because it shows that even SS is confused about her own feelings and does not know how to she is supposed to define her relationship with NQ.  So I am now just gonna look at the whole NQ-MSS arc as something that in the drama had to be really believable as a romantic option for NQ  because it just gives more depth and meaning to the confusion that NQ and SS are feeling right now. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kiara_bleu said:

You are right in fact I am quite amazed at how faithful they are following the story cause you hear of other drama adaptions where fans complain that so much were changed.  I guess the exaggerations are so that viewers will go through a roller coaster of emotions and be even more hooked.  I mean would this forum be this active if were are not being put through the ringer by the screenwriter/director :joy:

actually i salute them on that....they are almost like 80% close to the actual story lines.....and other than the over dramatize parts which i close an eyes to....i have no complain :) 

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

@angelangie, yeah ..the drama overdid MSS's part and NQ-SS's quarrel . This conflict is already complex enough, and adding unnecessary things will make the viewers get the wrong ideas

viewer sometimes need to learn to accept scenes and ideas with open heart....it will lessen the anguish for them.....i mean most viewers love some lovey dovey feeling lols....probably this is why the director push it forward....however of course we will only love it more if it was SangSang instead of MoShanShan :D 

• Like 6

Wow. I really like this discussion:D

It is indeed NQ wanna have SS stays with him forever but at the same time he also wants to have side dish which is mss. Now I get confused over the conversation in the novel between NQ and SS in her parent's house.

Based on webnovel:

This was a world that had been born from great difficulty, however, cracks had finally formed in the old world, and it was about split or regroup. Changes were about to occur in the order of this world, but it was not known if it would be towards the light or the darkness. Perhaps there would be a large explosion and a new world would be formed.

Ning Que looked at Sangsang and said solemnly, "We have to make this clear. I will definitely marry no matter what, we can't just live like how we have for the rest of our lives."

Sangsang frowned at him slightly, feeling as if there was something off with his words.

"Sorry, I said it wrong because I was too nervous." Ning Que hit the back of his head forcefully and said again, "We will spend our lives together, without a doubt."

Following that, he continued, "But I do have to get married, I know that you might find it hard to accept in a short time, and I understand how you feel right now..."

Sangsang suddenly asked, "You said that we will definitely spend the rest of our lives together?"

Ning Que answered with certainty, "It is necessary!"

Sangsang said, "And you have to get married."

Ning Que nodded.

Sangsang said, "You have to spend your life with someone else if you get married, how are you going to spend your life with me then?"

It was indeed a problem, but it wasn't an issue for the thick-skinned Ning Que. He smiled and answered, "We can still spend our lives together even if I get married."

Sangsang turned to look at Mrs. Zeng. "Are there any sons of imperial court officials who are still unmarried?"

In my humble opinion, I dont find NQ mentioning anything related to MSS. At first, I waa quite confused with this kinda conversation. Then, I was somehow thinking finally I found the answer which is related to the next chapter when he was yelling and scolding the yanming lake:D

When NQ says, "he have to get married first", I assumed he was talking about them. He never mention mss's name either. Why he never mentioned its about them. I assumed the below conversation:

Ning Que looked at Sangsang and said solemnly, "We have to make this clear. I will definitely marry no matter what, we can't just live like how we have for the rest of our lives."

Sangsang frowned at him slightly, feeling as if there was something off with his words.

"Sorry, I said it wrong because I was too nervous." Ning Que hit the back of his head forcefully and said again, "We will spend our lives together, without a doubt."

at the Yanming lake, he said very clearly:

"Are you asking whether I have ever thought of marrying you?"

"Alright, I admit that I would occasionally think about marrying you when you grow up. But you are still a girl, and I've only thought about it. Would I really say it out loud? What if you get embarrassed and try to chop me up with a chopper when I say that? Even if you don't want to chop me up, who knows how many people out there would like to do that?"

"Furthermore, even if I wanted to marry you, it doesn't affect me liking some other people, does it?"

He doesnt say, he wanted to marry another girl, but "Furthermore, even if I wanted to marry you, it doesn't affect me liking some other people, does it?".

So, meaning, even though they finally get married, it is okay as well for him to LIKE another girl. Again, he never mentions he wanted to marry both SS and MsS. So, only SS. NQ never says straight forward to SS what he was thinking about are of because she still a minor, second, he fears of rejection:D

Sorry for the longgggg list. I know some of you might disagree with my view, but again, its just my humble opinion:D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

He doesnt say, he wanted to marry another girl, but "Furthermore, even if I wanted to marry you, it doesn't affect me liking some other people, does it?".

So, meaning, even though they finally get married, it is okay as well for him to LIKE another girl. Again, he never mentions he wants to married both SS and MsS. NQ never says straight forward he has been thinking of marrying sangsang are because she still a minor, second, he fears of rejection:D

yes it will not stop him from liking another person.....how the fullstop will come from SangSang........as to her....it will be impossible to have another in between the 2 of them.....

and that person will soon come to reject the idea of being in between the 2 of them.....just imagine....if they were sleeping together and NingQue jolted awake....and no one will do but only SangSang can calm down his racing thought.....you are also the same as SangSang his wife....but he leave u in the middle of the night and went to another person bed.....

the questions will boil down to....

Will you be able to take it that you will never ever for a moment occupy the first place....you will always be inferior to SangSang...MoShanShan is girl with dignity....with pride do you think she will be able to take it and remain as serene as she is now?

times pass and flow by sooner or later she will turn ugly......and she will start being demanding as it is her right to only demand the same amount of affection from her husband.....however NingQue will never be able to give her the same amount of affection as SangSang is his life......

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

So, meaning, even though they finally get married, it is okay as well for him to LIKE another girl. Again, he never mentions he wants to married both SS and MsS. NQ never says straight forward he has been thinking of marrying sangsang are because she still a minor, second, he fears of rejection:D

Sorry for the longgggg list. I know some of you might disagree with my view, but again, its just my humble opinion:D

They discussed it before SS left:

Spoiler

Suddenly, Ning Que raised his head, looked at Sangsang on the opposite side and asked, "Since your childhood, we have discussed what kind of sister-in-law I should find for you."
Sangsang put her bowl on the table lightly and looked over and corrected him, "That's young mistress."
"That kind of appellation was used after we left the City of Wei."
Ning Que burst into laughter at the thought of their past experiences of going to the House of Red Sleeves to select girls together with Sangsang. Then, he finally understood why he felt empty these days. It was because he had not asked for somebody's advice, or reported to somebody, or perhaps he wanted to hear something that could please him.
He looked at Sangsang and seriously asked, "What do you think of Mo Shanshan?"
Sangsang earnestly looked into his eyes, and after a long time, she raised her bowl again and answered, "Good."
Looking at the little girl who almost buried her face in the rice, Ning Que asked curiously, "Very good?"
Sangsang raised her face from the bowl and said, "Very good."
Watching her crystal eyes, her soft yellowish hair, her little darkish face and the rice pasted on her cheeks, Ning Que sank into silence for a long time and then smiled without saying anything.
"Nothing, I was just asking."
He reached out his hand to take the rice off Sangsang's face and deftly threw it into his own mouth. Then, he continued with his meal in somewhat low spirits. He silently lamented to himself, "Anyway, Sangsang is still a child."

In the translation of the scene in ep 45 in the drama they actually had SS mention MSS name first, thanks agan to @satanghaesolim

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes it will not stop him from liking another person.....how the fullstop will come from SangSang........as to her....it will be impossible to have another in between the 2 of them.....

and that person will soon come to reject the idea of being in between the 2 of them.....just imagine....if they were sleeping together and NingQue jolted awake....and no one will do but only SangSang can calm down his racing thought.....you are also the same as SangSang his wife....but he leave u in the middle of the night and went to another person bed.....

the questions will boil down to....

Will you be able to take it that you will never ever for a moment occupy the first place....you will always be inferior to SangSang...MoShanShan is girl with dignity....with pride do you think she will be able to take it and remain as serene as she is now?

times pass and flow by sooner or later she will turn ugly......and she will start being demanding as it is her right to only demand the same amount of affection from her husband.....however NingQue will never be able to give her the same amount of affection as SangSang is his life......

I am so touched with your explanation above... *Sob sob* :tears::tears: our wires are connected.