[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

10 minutes ago, kiara_bleu said:

A little tidbit from the novel that is not really spoilery...remember when NQ and SS were leaving the city of Wei and this older woman was crying while saying goodbye telling NQ to take good care of SS and complaining that he wouldn't even consider marrying her off to the woman's nephew (not sure if this was mentioned in the drama)?  Ning Que was like how could he possibly think of marriage for Sangsang when she was only 8 yrs old at that time.  Well much, much later on in the novel this story comes up again with added detail: apparently the woman came to NQ asking for permission to have her nephew marry SS. Later that night NQ wanted to go "butcher" the nephew (doesn't say how old the nephew was) but SS stopped him from going.  That is quite an overreaction to the situation :joy:

I got this from the machine translated part of the novel so am not even going to bother copying it here, it's just a throaway line.

Thank you for sharing.  Now the question is was NQ just being possessive or punishing a potential pervert?

Well done for making any sense of the machine translation by the way :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Hello. I recently started watching Ever Night and I am completely hooked. I started reading this thread and I hope to be able to discuss the drama with you guys. I love Ning Que and Sang Sang. Btw I do love spoilers. I have a couple of questions:

1: Why did NQ get drunk? I thought it was because of SS but someone else posted that he got drunk because of the break up with MSS

Spoiler

When SS becomes vast sky she changes. Is it true she becomes fat? That's what the machine translation says. I thought she'd transform into a beautiful woman. 

3. Does NQ ever get to be jealous over SS cause I want him to get a taste of his own medicine lol. 

That's it for now. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thank you for sharing.  Now the question is was NQ just being possessive or punishing a potential pervert?

Just my own assumption, but if the nephew is an adult wouldn't he himself ask for SS hand in marriage? If it's the aunt asking does it mean the nephew is also himself quite young?   I wonder how young you are allowed to marry in this period?  Is she trying to get first dibs to SS by already asking NQ about her for a future union in mind?

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, raziela said:

Yup. From the beginning he found SS, he already very possessive all about her.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

@n3bula .... Welcome to our thread and please share you opinion on the drama here. 

@kiara_bleu Chingu I believe in Chang Ahn the age is 16 but I don’t recall the age for City Of Wei. Now this question will be answere in episode 47 chingu . So please wait for the subs. 

Thank you @UnniSarah for the welcome. 

• Like 3

@Snow Guardian @angelangie  @raziela    I think for us to truly understand what SS and NQ is to each other is finish the novel. To some NQ is more devoted and to me both are deeply devoted to each other before and after.  From reading the novel I sense a need to dominate from both side which make it quite difficult for either of them to win. They both can't live without each other.  Not wanting to sound like a romance novel but                                                   ONLY READ IF  YOU LIKE SPOILERS   MY IMPUT OMES FROM READING THE MACHINE VERSION AND THE GOOD TRANSLATION. 

Spoiler

Some of us know NQ is from the future. NQ was reborn in this world to save this world because of his love for Haotian( Sang Sang) . They were meant for each other because they do complete each other. When Haotian (Sang Sang ) is awaken only NQ was able to take her out to the world and teach her about this world. Make her love this world ( THE GOOD AND THE BAD ) to accept it and love it for what it is.  Does NQ want to be a hero but through Sang Sang, he learned to accepts people for who they are no matter what they do because after all we are human and do make mistakes.  It is also ironic that NQ found her as a babe and raised her and it would seem fit that he alone would be her teacher at her rebirth because their bond is so pure. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, n3bula said:

Hello. I recently started watching Ever Night and I am completely hooked. I started reading this thread and I hope to be able to discuss the drama with you guys. I love Ning Que and Sang Sang. Btw I do love spoilers. I have a couple of questions:

1: Why did NQ get drunk? I thought it was because of SS but someone else posted that he got drunk because of the break up with MSS

Hide contents

When SS becomes vast sky she changes. Is it true she becomes fat? That's what the machine translation says. I thought she'd transform into a beautiful woman. 

3. Does NQ ever get to be jealous over SS cause I want him to get a taste of his own medicine lol. 

That's it for now. 

Welcome to the EN thread:lol:

For your questions above, 

1. Looking back NQ's characters, he isnt the one who easily go for drink whenever he gets upset. But, in the novel says that whenever he got something on his mind, something upset him, or in trouble, NQ would share or reporting to SS. He got drunk not because he broke up with MSS, but because of SS. Only SS can make him depressed and lost. 

2. I dont think its fat, but chubbier, her skin tone changes from black to white and yes, she is taller.

3. I also wish the same thing, LOL. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@Snow Guardian @angelangie  @raziela    I think for us to truly understand what SS and NQ is to each other is finish the novel. To some NQ is more devoted and to me both are deeply devoted to each other before and after.  From reading the novel I sense a need to dominate from both side which make it quite difficult for either of them to win. They both can't live without each other.  Not wanting to sound like a romance novel but                                                   ONLY READ IF  YOU LIKE SPOILERS   MY IMPUT OMES FROM READING THE MACHINE VERSION AND THE GOOD TRANSLATION. 

Reveal hidden contents

Some of us know NQ is from the future. NQ was reborn in this world to save this world because of his love for Haotian. They were meant for each other because they do complete each other. When Haotian is awaken only NQ was able to take her out to the world and teach her about this world. Make her love this wolrd ( THE GOOD AND THE BAD ) to accept it and love it for what it is.  Does NQ want to be a hero but know through Sang Sang, he learned to accepts people for who they are no matter what they do because after all we are human and do make mistakes.  It is also ironic that NQ found her as a babe and raised her and it would seem fit that he alone would be her teacher at her rebirth because their bond is so pure. 

@UnniSarah I have to read the book from the beginning to truly understand I suppose. I've read bits focusing on them two. I believe they love each other the same. Proof is in the fact that one can't live without the other. I truly love their story. Looking forward to seeing this on the screen. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Snow Guardian said:

Welcome to the EN thread:lol:

For your questions above, 

1. Looking back NQ's characters, he isnt the one who easily go for drink whenever he upset. But, in the novel says that whenever he got something on his mind, something upset him, or in trouble, NQ would share or reporting to SS. He got drunk not because he broke up with MSS, but because of SS. Only SS can make him depressed and lost. 

2. I dont think its fat, but chubbier, her skin tone changes from black to white and yes, she is taller.

3. I also wish the same thing, LOL. 

@Snow Guardian thank you for the welcome and for answering my questions.

1. I'm so glad to know that it was because of SS. Honestly wouldn't make sense for it to be over MSS. 

2. I tried reading the machine novel translation and it said she was beautiful and had body of a goddess. That made me assume she couldn't be fat. More like the ugly duckling turning to a swan. Then it said fat so I was confused. 

3.I read a spoiler about this though. 

Spoiler

There is a scene were SS as vast sky touches Second brothers face and NQ gets jealous. I believe it's from machine translation. 

If that is true I'd like to see it on screen.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

I have heard some people were calling Song Yi Ren ugly but I think she is beautiful.  I really hate how there is so much haters out there. Especially Fans saying these things because they don't think her character is good enough for Ning Que. smh smh. 

Song Yi Ren is beautiful 

pjLCDJ-dq-j3QUudfEAgl7v7oaLvXZpCaHmp2TD6

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I have heard some people were calling Song Yi Ren ugly but I think she is beautiful.  I really hate how there is so much haters out there. Especially Fans saying these things because they don't think her character is good enough for Ning Que. smh smh. 

Song Yi Ren is beautiful 

She is beautiful!!! She looks so pretty it's just for her role they make her look 'uglierr' with that fringe and brownish yellowish hair and dark skin. I really want to see her like that in season 2.:wub:

10 hours ago, raziela said:

Thanks for translating!  So basically the whole cast is changing except SYR?

Yes pretty much! And also the actress that plays YHY. Tbh I feel like they should have put more thought process into this show if they knew they were going to potentially go for more seasons. Like how weird is it having so many cast changed and us as viewers having to get familiar with new faces lol. The most dramatic one being NQ cos I'm so use to seeing CFY portrayal of NQ. but that being said as long as SYR is still Sang sang I'll watch on for her :)

• Like 4

@ningsangcpp...  Exactly, this BIG PROJECT had poor planning. I think they should take lesson from american on how to create a series. It is important that the main leads remain the same because the main lead are the one who set the standard for that role. I though only CFY wasn’t returning but a lot of other cast memebes aren’t coming. It is now scaring me away more. I have habit to start a series but when the main lead leave the show, I do give the drama a chance but it doesn’t feel the same so I end up dropping it. :tears::tears::tears: O I don’t want to do that. I want to support SYR but now just very scared to even try. 

Spoiler

Let me give you an example My Sunshine , is a pretty good example of why changing the main lead isn’t a good Idea. Tiffany Tang is an ok actress but Janice Wu ( whonis younger than her is a better actress. So very talented. Tiffany couldn’t even match her acting to Janice Wu . But  Walace Chung Omg!!!! the man is Hot!! And he can act. He was able to match and surpass the standard Leo Luo set from the younger version.  I loved the original version of My Sunshine and hated the Directed Cut version this drama. Smh smh

a For this to succeed the new cast must be try to make it the character their own but I doubt they can if their acting style is great. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Song Yi Ren is beautiful 

I read that too. SYR is definitely not ugly. She is pretty. Kinda sad that people think you have to look a certain way to be beautiful. So they are judging a character based on looks not on the personality. SS is so selfless and loves NQ more than anyone else ever could. I say we give SYR all the support and ignore haters.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Song Yi Ren is beautiful 

I believe those people who are calling SYR ugly arent want to admit that she is much prettier than them. Only those people who have low self esteem and jealous people would call others in such a manner. 

Yeah, those who are shipping MSS looks angry and trying to make SYR looks bad. Its obviously all of us here are not the same level as them:P

One of the reasons I am watching this drama is because of SYR:heart:

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ningsangcpp said:

She is beautiful!!! She looks so pretty it's just for her role they make her look 'uglierr' with that fringe and brownish yellowish hair and dark skin. I really want to see her like that in season 2.:wub:

Yes pretty much! And also the actress that plays YHY. Tbh I feel like they should have put more thought process into this show if they knew they were going to potentially go for more seasons. Like how weird is it having so many cast changed and us as viewers having to get familiar with new faces lol. The most dramatic one being NQ cos I'm so use to seeing CFY portrayal of NQ. but that being said as long as SYR is still Sang sang I'll watch on for her :)

@ningsangcpp I didn't know that most of the cast would change. Either way I think we should  still give S2 a chance. I know I will because I love their story and have to see it till the end. CFY will be missed as NQ for sure. Glad SYR will continue as female lead .

• Like 3

So I know Dylan Wang is rumored to be the male lead and I'm excited about that. I know he does not have much experience but he is a good actor. He won me over as DMS. His acting is good and will only get better with time. He has a lot of potential. I'm sure that he will surprise everyone if given the chance. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, n3bula said:

So I know Dylan Wang is rumored to be the male lead and I'm excited about that. I know he does not have much experience but he is a good actor. He won me over as DMS. His acting is good and will only get better with time. He has a lot of potential. I'm sure that he will surprise everyone if given the chance. 

Hi chingu. What is DMS??? 

• LOL 1